FieldAware

3.9

FieldAware provides made-for-mobile, cloud-based field service management software solutions for medium and large field service organizations.

Work for FieldAware?

Learning about FieldAware?

FieldAware Reviews

Ask FieldAware a Question
Showing 12 FieldAware reviews
FieldAware review by Frank M.
Frank M.

"Gamechanger for workflow and operation management!"

What do you like best?

Being in the geomatics services industry (land surveying, subsurface utility location, laser scanning, etc.) our field crews are in constant motion on sites that vary in geographic location, size and require manpower, equipment and supplies to be scheduled. Additionally, a wealth of information must be relayed between the field and office. FieldAware has done an amazing job of filling in the gaps to make what was once a major issue now into a major benefit for both our company and employees but most importantly our clients.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes with this product at all. I look forward to seeing how some of the suggested revisions/tweaks/upgrades that we have made regarding geolocation will be included in future updates. Keep up the good work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would totally recommend going through a full vetting of FieldAware or any product for that matter before making a purchase. FieldAware was very patient with us and allowed us to ask many questions, try out a temporary site and was very open throughout the entire process. Make sure that you are fully involved in this process as that it will make the implementation step that much easier and therefore make this software an immediate success in your business.

Scheduling (Manpower, Equipment) - All crew members now know days in advance and in real time where they need to be and when they need to be there. Additionally, our company has a great deal of equipment that needs to be scheduled depending on the state of the job. This is done instantly and any scheduling conflicts are handled long before our crews are on-site or in need of the tool.

Data Sharing/Transmission - Our crews and office staff send large amounts of data both to the field from the office as well as from the field to the office. This software allows for real-time interaction between these staff groups which allows us to convey these results to our customers in a much more efficient manner.

Job History - Our crews visit the same sites many times even sometimes for different clients (engineer, contractor, municipality, etc.). FieldAware has made it easy for the office and field to find this archived data and relay it as needed to our employees and customers.

Employee Safety - Our field crews travel in order to satisfy our client's needs. We've been able to use FieldAware to not only verify field crews' location, arrival and departure in order to help ensure on-site safety but also it has allowed our crews to complete Job Hazard Analysis forms electronically and in real time onsite. This allows our crews to be aware of their site surroundings and tracks this analysis for safety reviews and debriefings moving forward.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FieldAware
FieldAware review by Administrator in Libraries
Administrator in Libraries

"FA for HVAC Dispatch, CRM/Billing, and Cost."

What do you like best?

The dispatch side of FieldAware is intuitive and easy to use. The package can dispatch to anyone with a smartphone, and scheduling is straight forward.

What do you dislike?

The CRM and Billing/Collection functions are not very intuitive (caveat: We do not integrate FA with of accounting software). Setting up the software to track key customer information is difficult, and report design is very limited.

Field pricing/sales requires other tools, and customer history is cumbersome (but present).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost: You have to pay for every seat, but multiple users can share a seat at the same time (eg: office could be a seat). Everyone who needs to be scheduled needs a seat. Plan this out.

Product/Service PriceBook: Setting up your pricing and/or importing is a big chore. Plan this out. There are not global append features so individual items must be edited.

Billing/Collection Reports: The standard reports are not very informative (eg: no aging report). Plan on adding custom fields to get feedback reports.

Sending service request to service personnel in the field in real time. Quick responsiveness to call as they come in.

What Field Service Management solution do you use?

FieldAware review by Steven G.
Steven G.

"Owner/ Tradesman"

What do you like best?

Field Aware has been a critical part of the growth of our company. I was very cautious when I was shopping for a mobile dispatch program, I am not a technology guru and found many similar software programs to be complicated to use and understand. I instantly felt comfortable with the Field Aware format, it is very intuitive. The program has gained complexity over the 4 years we've been using it but all the changes that made it more sophisticated were necessary, and my skills developed with the complexity of the program. In the first few years we used the program a rep from Field Aware contacted us every month to see if it was working for us. The few problems we had, they helped us work through. We made suggestions to them for improvements and they used some of our ideas to improve the program, we were really impressed by that.

What do you dislike?

I still have reservations about the expense of using this program, and I was surprized to hear that Field Aware is limiting the use of this program to 20 or more users per company, I think that is a mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it.

The use of this and other technology reduces the amount of manpower we require for administration. It also greatly increases efficiency on the quote, work order, invoice sequence. I'm certain that it has played a major role in eliminating "lost invoicing", that is to say it almost eliminates the possibility of forgetting to invoice a completed work order.

I play the same role as many small trades-business owners. I am a repair serviceman, manager, salesman and dispatcher. in 2014 I personally completed over $300,000 in repairs, quoted 400 installations, dispatched 1000 work orders, ordered materials and equipment for the installations and repairs and many other projects. My competition uses 4 different people to do the same thing. I couldn`t have done that without Field Aware.

FieldAware review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Good product compared to others tried"

What do you like best?

The overall look and feel of the desktop and mobile apps is awesome and relatively intuitive. Attachments, time logging, job notes are all easily input

What do you dislike?

Quickbooks integration (but nobody has good integration that I have found). The app, like most software, will occasionally encounter difficulties. Have had some issues with the "customer" field in dispatched jobs showing as "null".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have tried and evaluated at least three competitors. For a small service business, this is a great choice. Accept the fact that nobody has perfected a close integration with QuickBooks (I have been told the real problem in the interface software provided to 3rd parties by Intuit).

This app is the basis for our service business. Provides a structure for the field techs with set pricing, instructions and documents, etc.

FieldAware review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Small Business owner"

What do you like best?

Nothing. It was a constant struggle. They never delivered on their promises.

What do you dislike?

Terrible customer service. If you are a small business, once you sign the contract, they don't care about you anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use this company if you are a small business owner. They do not care.

They charge an outrageous amount of money compared to similar products that are far better. My Customer Service rep spent hours on the phone with their techs and none of the problems were ever fixed. In fact, every time they would try to "fix" something, it got worse. They never delivered what was asked of them. When I tried to break the contract, because I was not receiving what was promised, the threatened to sue me! I wasted THOUSANDS of dollars. They are terrible people.

FieldAware review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Works great when you have shop and mobile techs"

What do you like best?

- Works great for mobile techs with the use of an iPad or iPhone.

- search functions for customer information, unit service history

-tracks tech time and work day history

What do you dislike?

- some information is duplicated as FieldAware is not hooked in with our dealer management software

-recently updated search function does not work as well as previous versions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looks at all the aspects of your business where you could improve your productivity and efficiency as a company.

-elimination of paper work orders

-increased productivity and efficiency

-service history functions

-reduced time to bill and invoice customers

FieldAware review by iftikhar k.
iftikhar k.

"User friendly, easy to learn"

What do you like best?

Can be used on the iphone very easily. You can create, start and complete a job right from the iphone.

What do you dislike?

I can't add comments if i am not the lead crew, and i can't see all the open or complete cases that were performed by another crew member.

Medical imaging equipment, CAT scanner, MRI.

FieldAware review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great Product for the Price"

What do you like best?

The best part of FA is the mobile app capabilities. It makes it easy for my engineers to track their jobs and time.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the app is vitually useless for someone in an admin position.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that anyone making the switch to FA get their IT team fully involved in the process. It will make the data migration a much smoother process.

This software has been great for tracking the service of diagnostic imaging systems.

FieldAware review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Our productivity is hugely increased with FieldAware"

What do you like best?

It took us away from paper invoicing and missed communications and allowed us to grow our company "seamlessly" from 3 to 11 employees.

What do you dislike?

There is no search option for phone numbers on the Internet based system, which is something we've asked for since we started using it more than 4 years ago.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the size of your company; I understand there is now a minimum user requirement before starting with FieldAware.

We can keep track of our daily schedule of jobs, as well as quotes, invoices and future obligations all on one site. It's how the invention of the computer was meant to be utilized and paper-free when imagined!

FieldAware review by Cecil D.
Cecil D.

"Overall experience good. Have had only 1 issue which items were mysteriously deleted "

What do you like best?

everything in one software package. TIme tracking is good

What do you dislike?

difficult to get around some tabs not easy to merge customers when they combine

time management, less time consumed in paperwork

FieldAware review by User in Supermarkets
User in Supermarkets

"change my working life , no paper work & no need to drive to the office to give back 100's of papers"

What do you like best?

adding pictures & documents to a report

What do you dislike?

connectivity issues on smartphone , the app shut down when synchronising or uploading from time to time , uncompleted call not highlighted on the 1st page

Recommendations to others considering the product

user friendly ,time saver

time saver on work report

FieldAware review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"The answer to our question"

What do you like best?

Implementation was simple even though our use for FieldAware was atypical for the intended use.

What do you dislike?

Workflow and user interface leave a little to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Field aware is a great platform for the service industry.

Scheduling multiple crews for offsite tasks and jobs. Ease of scheduling and clear communication of work tasks.

Learning about FieldAware?

* We monitor all FieldAware reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.