Figma

Web-based collaborative wireframing and interface design tool. Available on the web, macOS and Windows.

Work for Figma?

Learning about Figma?

Figma Reviews

Showing 17 Figma reviews
Figma review by <span>Allan M.</span>
Allan M.

"Figma is literally the best thing! - "

What do you like best?

Figma was absolutely so great to use, I loved how easy it was to navigate. Figma is a great way to create digital content on a cloud, I loved being able to use it wherever I was without having to worry about my information saving or more importantly deleting.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really disliked is the ability to not have more shape templates that I could use, rather than just the default! Other than that I think it would be fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would just really recommend watching all the tutorials and videos about how to get started especially if you are new to the digital media world! Figma is AMAZING!

We are really able to update digital media without having to share it between emails, I am really glad that I was able to find this. because it is so simple and easy to use, edit and understand even with basic digital media training.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Figma
Figma review by <span>Anais O.</span>
Anais O.

"Free, colaborativo, online y chévere"

What do you like best?

Amo FIgma, tengo que decirlo, me encanta el hecho de tener una herramienta de diseño súper potente al alcance de todos, ¿qué necesitas? sólo internet, puedo tener agregados a mi proyecto a mis partnerts, puedes ver lo que hago y podemos trabajar juntos en tiempo real, es FREE, y tiene lo necesario para hacer interfaces y empezar a sacarle el truco a todo.

What do you dislike?

La verdad nada, me gusta todo, tal vez algunas veces he tenido problemitas con el instalador de fuentes para que lea mis fonts local en línea y no ha leído, tuve que bajar la versión para dekstop pero todo bien, sería súper tener una versión mayor HD para los diseños.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una súper herramientas de diseño online ¿Qué esperas para probarlo?

El diseñar con partnerts de manera remota, el no tener que preocuparme por el control+s y por cierres inesperados.

What Other Design solution do you use?

Figma review by <span>Ankur S.</span>
Ankur S.

"Over complicated for budding designers!"

What do you like best?

The tool is insanely powerful, can do wonders if run efficiently. Easy to export files in your preferred format, size, dimensions etc. makes collaboration really smooth with Figma. On top of it, the designs turn out to be brilliant. I've seen my designers churn out insanely great designs with this thing.

What do you dislike?

The UI is horrendous, to say the least. Takes a lot of time to get used to, and feels as if basic things are overcomplicated for some reason. It personally took me weeks to get hands-on with the product and feel comfortable to use for the purpose it's supposed to serve. However, designers, and I mean only professionals can use this product with the apparent ease it is supposed to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to learn a lot.

Ready-to-use design templates for marketing, that's it. Find I better tool, and I'll switch. Nothing against the tool, I still feel it's good enough, just not made for everyone. Would be great if it's made a bit more inclusive like it's competitors.

Figma review by <span>Ansell L.</span>
Ansell L.

"Figma Review"

What do you like best?

Figma is fast and very smooth and does not have any delay in the interface. There are many options for resizing and to do work faster. It works well on any browser and you do not need a MAc for this due to its flexibility. Its user interface is exactly same to sketch which helps alot for those who are so used to sketch and especially if someone does not have a Mac.

Another great part is that file can be sent and shared with others on the go and no pre software has to be downloaded for the same. Just open the link and start working.

To top it all the desktop app size is also so small just 50 MB as compared to other software sizes which are so huge and occupy so much space on the laptop or PC. This make sit more a likeable product.

What do you dislike?

There is no animation which can be added to the prototypes created, if that was there it would be really helpful. If animation was included it would be the best software especially when it will be compared to InVision Studio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ITs a best buy, as it serves all your purpose as a designs and product designer especially its free for a single user upto 3 projects! What else is needed? It also works on the browser so you dont have to download heavy files.

Its very fast and easy to make and do prototypes and iterations. Especially for product design it is very good.

Figma review by <span>Amy C.</span>
Amy C.

"Figma Is Great!"

What do you like best?

Easy, intuitive, better than Sketch, can add and edit svg's without problems. I like that more than one person can edit the same page at one time. You don't have to check the page in or out to edit. This is one of the easiest programs I've used since becoming a UX Designer. The side panel of effects, stroke, export, are very intuitive. It's easy to understand and searching for help on a certain element in Figma Help is great. They have a lot of information and it's easy to understand, with pictures or tutorials.

What do you dislike?

Can't do interactions like in Axure. It would be great if they had that option. I don't like that if you copy and paste an element that it seems to be grouped together, but even when you go to ungroup, it doesn't seem to ungroup. I also don't like that the sizes will change a little when you copy and paste something that seems to be grouped. It will stretch your elements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add interactions.

I build mid-high fidelity wireframes in Figma. It's very easy to use once you have used Sketch or Axure. I have never used Photoshop, but I assume it's better than that. I realized that when you import SVG's you can change the colors and you don't have to mask images like you do in Sketch or Axure. It's easy to share your file, more than one person can be working on the same page at the same time.

Figma review by <span>Patricio B.</span>
Patricio B.

"The best alternative for sketch"

What do you like best?

92/5000

The ability to work with an excellent UI design program on any platform. Its very flexible because i can work in my home computer and my job computer.

On the other hand, I think that Figma should create a native version for Linux as there are many programmers who are entering the UI design world and I think it would be a very good option for those who are trying to enter the world of UI design .

What do you dislike?

Because it is web based, it can become a little slow, especially if used in a browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the very best alternative to sketch.

Ideal for new UI projects that need prototypes.

Ideal for designers who code.

As a benefit, I think it's good because it's free and multiplatform, the business problem that solves it is that several people can work on the same project without paying excessive licenses.

Figma review by <span>Piero R.</span>
Piero R.

"Favorite software for UI Design"

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of Sketch, but I love Figma's flexibility and clean UI. I also like the fact that it's compatible with Windows and it's available on browsers. Amazing customer support

What do you dislike?

It definitely lacks features. No plugins, pdf exporting (extremely important for me), can't export to sketch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's amazing. Will save a ton of time. Super easy to use.

I am able to work with my boss, who uses a PC. In the past, we used to use Photoshop for UI design, then I switched to Sketch, and it limited our ability to collaborate. Figma solved this. I still have to use Sketch to fill in the gaps caused by the lack of features Figma has, but I try to stick to Figma as much as possible, in fact, I would like to eventually completely replace sketch with Figma.

Figma review by <span>Ketan H.</span>
Ketan H.

"Review of Figma"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Figma is

1. It's super fast while designing

2. It's super fast when it comes to exporting

3. It's very easy for a beginner to use it

What do you dislike?

There is very less about this what you might dislike. The only thing that I dislike about Figma is

1. As Figma is not the only one in the market, therefore it should come up with animation features as his other competitors do.

2. When any prototype is created in Projects, you cannot share it with your teammates, but the same can be shared with multiple users if it is saved in drafts. (This is for a free account)

Recommendations to others considering the product

All the designers who work on multiple projects and if you are creating high fidelity wireframes can use this as this is one of the best prototyping applications in today's date.

I would not recommend this to the users who want to do animation stuff in their designs as Figma has got no features for animation

As I am a UX designer and as the clients are understanding design, they are asking for wireframes which look similar to designs. With the help of Figma, I am able to create high fidelity wireframes with ease and in very less time.

Figma review by <span>Brenda W.</span>
Brenda W.

"Good collaborative tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you don't have to upload or download anything to the interface. Its all right there on one screen in on application. I find that I may lose things or click out of what I am doing when I need to go back and forth. With Figma I don't have this issue.

What do you dislike?

It can be little difficult to learn how to use it at first. It would be great to have more or a tutorial of sorts.It seems simple to use when you get to the page the first time but once you are in the system there is a bit of a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to give it a try but not to get frustrated at the beginning.

Being able to get feedback from others quickly. When you are working on something and in "the zone" you really want to go ahead and get feedback quickly so you can know if you are in the right track or not.

Figma review by User in Internet

"Gets The Work Done!"

What do you like best?

Figma is really great when it comes to real-time collaborations, you can access to your files from different locations, sharing designs and adding comments.

Figma has web based version, all you need is a modern browser to access, edit or review your design.

Figma has a Free Version! that almost you will need.

Coming from Sketch, The learning was very easy.

What do you dislike?

Figma is web based, can be slow or inaccessible depending on your internet connection.

Lacks some features, would be nice to have more type options.

Missing some exporting formats such as Sketch or PDF.

Missing third-party integrations, whereas Sketch has integrations for prototyping tools like InVision, Principle, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figma is incredibly easy to use.

Real-time Collaboration is absolutely useful.

Great for Prototyping.

Figma allowed us to easily follow up with the design process, write comments and working on development while the design process is still in progress.

Figma is accessible everywhere, we don't need to buy software licences for all the computer we use anymore.

Figma review by <span>Ashley E.</span>
Ashley E.

"Great prototyping tool"

What do you like best?

Figma has given Sketch a run for its money. For instance, it is a free service to use while you must purchase Sketch. Additionally, Figma is accessible to anyone since it's in live time. This is huge, because multiple people can be working simultaneously on the project and it makes the process of designing much faster. Also, figma has a great interface and the user experience is very intuitive. It is also nice having a page dedicated to showing you all the artboards, instead of having them all on a single page.

What do you dislike?

There are some disadvantages to Figma, like you're only able to access it when you have internet. Also the exporting of files is not as seamless as other programs like Figma. I would like to be able to easily export assets. Overall it needs more compatibility and connection with outside programs and assets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Figma is great in many aspects. Some companies with many people working on one project would benefit from this program. However, there are setbacks when working in that file type, specifically that you don't have files and it's all done through the internet.

We're able to have multiple people working on a single project at once. This also allows there to only be one file floating around at a given time, instead of many iterations. The benefits include saving time and having long meetings to discuss change, when changes can be made in real-time.

Figma review by User

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

Flexibility, very easy to learn, no need to juggle multiple apps in order to prototype and get feedback

What do you dislike?

Slow when a lot of objects are part of the prototype (i.e. multiple pages)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't tried other prototyping/design solutions before, then this is a great option to consider. I briefly explored Adobe XD, Balsamiq, and Axure. You can do a lot with Axure, but it has a steeper learning curve. Balsamiq was too simple, albeit it provides a quick way to build low fidelity mockups. XD was still in its infancy so I didn't play with it much.

Design, prototyping, team collaboration. We've been able to use it effectively to get feedback from users prior to investing in development.

Figma review by <span>Allan M.</span>
Allan M.

"I have absolutely LOVED Figma!! The simplicity is PERFECT!!!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, Using Figma at first was a little tough, but I wasn't really trying to learn. I was playing around with some settings and as soon as I tried to really learn how everything was supposed to work it was VERY VERY EASY!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more generic shape options to draw. That way I am not doing them with a pen and not getting the shapes to be symmetrical

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to use the tutorials if you haven't used any sort of graphic design software before

It has provided me the ability to create and customize logos without having to pay an extremely high premium for the software

Figma review by <span>Nikita L.</span>
Nikita L.

"A great Sketch alternative for all available platforms"

What do you like best?

Figma is a great Sketch alternative for all available platforms, including Windows as well as chrome OS. A nice thing about Figma is that it is available within the browser and is blazingly fast. Figma has a great vector editing capabilities and a team component library. We use it in our product team to rapidly prototype our interface solutions.

What do you dislike?

Limited export capability and 3rd party ecosystem integration.

Rapid prototyping, product demo, vector graphics, basic illustration design.

Figma review by <span>George P.</span>
George P.

"Switched from sketch to figma"

What do you like best?

Figma handles components (what they call symbols) better than sketch symbols. Apart from that, I don't ever have to worry about saving anything or hoping that figma will have compatibility issues thanks to the cloud based approach.

What do you dislike?

I think vector editing and type editing can be improved further.

I create websites and apps.

Figma review by User

"Good online editing tool"

What do you like best?

Mostly I like the possibility of online interaction with the several members of my team. We are able to leave comments and discuss the mockups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can be slow and export is really hard to find.

Creating IU/UX mockups and prototypes.

Figma review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Good replacement if you don't have Sketch"

What do you like best?

It's similar to Sketch and I am more used to that

What do you dislike?

Nothing stood out as awful, It was easy to use and easy to learn

Conceptualizing and showing my work to clients easily online

Learning about Figma?

* We monitor all Figma reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.