FileZilla

(275)
4.5 out of 5 stars

FileZilla is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU General Public License. Support is available through our forums, the wiki and the bug and feature request trackers.

Work for FileZilla?

Learning about FileZilla?

We can help you find the solution that fits you best.

FileZilla Reviews

Write a Review
Filter Reviews
Filter Reviews
  • Ratings
  • Company Size
  • User Role
  • Industry
Ratings
Company Size
User Role
Industry
Showing 276 FileZilla reviews
LinkedIn Connections
FileZilla review by Rodrigo S.
Rodrigo S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FTP para todos"

What do you like best?

En mi opinión la mejor solución para Servidor o cliente FTP actualmente, es muy sencillo de aprender a usar y de configurar. Solo necesitas descargarlo de forma gratuita de la página oficial. Hacer la instalación por pasos que es muy sencilla, y una vez instalado y compruebe automáticamente que no hay actualizaciones solo debes añadir un nuevo sitio donde tienes que configurar la dirección IP o nombre y los datos de acceso al mismo. También permite conexiones por FTP seguro (FTPS, ya que no admite SFTP). Por lo demás una vez has conectado al sitio correspondiente (Puedes configurar varios), solo tienes que utilizar el explorador que lleva en la parte inferior para moverte en local (Izquierda) y el sitio remoto (Derecha) y arrastrar archivos o carpetas para moverlos de una ubicación a otra.

What do you dislike?

la interfaz se puede mejorar mucho, es un poco simple y esta muy recarga la parte de los menús, por lo demás es una herramienta muy versátil y potente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

herramienta potente para gestionar las conexiones FTP, se pueden hacer varias conexiones simultaneas y mover archivos es tan sencillo como arrastrarlos de un lugar a otro. Sin duda recomendado a cualquiera que este buscando una aplicación para gestionar conexiones a carpetas FTP

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

es el medio utilizado para subir y bajar archivos desde las carpetas FTP compartidas por los departamentos de la organización. También los utilizan los diseñadores y programadores web para realizar cambios en las webs de la empresa.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FileZilla
FileZilla review by Phuc T.
Phuc T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"One of My First FTP clients"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is simple and straight forward.. I've used a much older file transfer back then but this has a nice simple interface. I've used this application for years for general use of file transfer, so I don't believe I have used any other advanced features that this application may have.

Other features are that you can do with this that is useful is to save server information. This is important and efficient for those who don't remember or don't want to type in credentials each time.

Another nice thing is that the navigation system on one has a tree hierarchy.

Clicking on the directories from the tree hierarchy, will open up the list of files on the pane below it. This is useful, having the dual visual, rather than having to get into the folder, and losing the visual of where you are in the hierarchy.

In addition, you can see your local files on the left, and server files on the right. So you can easily and conveniently drag and drop, or double click to transfer one to the other... instead of having to open a separate file directory application and transferring over.

Another useful feature is being able to choose a default file editor, instead of any native application text editor. Usually the built in editors aren't that advanced or even color coded, so using your own is great. It will open right up automatically when you click to edit.

Some other features is

- Keeping yourself logged in for awhile (instead of being logged out too soon).

- There's also log messages to help you know of the connect status when you initially connect, or any file transfer errors.

What do you dislike?

One of the slight things that could be made better is the navigation system for files. At least the prior versions, whenever I upload things, it seems to refresh repeatedly and it is harder to view where we left off or multitask. However this may be universal with other file clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple file transfer tool, this is pretty good.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Just general transferring files quickly with a GUI, (seeing a visual), if I don't want to use SSH.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

Thanks for letting us know!
FileZilla review by Angel Alberto G.
Angel Alberto G.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Import and Export files quickly"

What do you like best?

It has a very simple, friendly and easy to use interface, in addition to allowing the transfer of any type of files from any machine on the network to any server or vice versa, in a safe way and the way to connect to the servers or machines of the network is Very simple without so many protocols, another thing that makes this program very good is that it only requires dragging the file to copy from one place to another and everything you visualize on the same screen.

What do you dislike?

Only allows access to servers within the corporate intranet for use outside the enterprise network should be made use of VPN, otherwise the application is very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using this product because it is easy to use, has an intuitive and simple interface, also allows to transfer large files between machines of the same network, ideal when working with servers, also from the interface allows the copy of a file Just drag it to the target site either the local machine or the target machine.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Transfer of large files between PC ´ S and/or PC and servers, which facilitates the distribution of information to all personnel without the need to occupy or use e-mail, in addition to creating the FTP server can upload files that are Important and large and the user who requires it only with the program on your machine and your access credentials will be able to access the files.

FileZilla review by Rachel S.
Rachel S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Filezilla - Great tool & fun name!"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is an easy tool to use to add files to any server that I have access to. It's been so helpful when uploading hundreds of photos. We also use it when clients have several files that need to be uploaded to their site for migrating the site or just making massive updates.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I get disconnected from servers and files don't go through. This issue isn't necessarily a Filezilla issue --- it's quite possible the disconnect is a result of my network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great, open source (free) tool for bulk transferring of files to/from servers. I use it regularly to upload large photo files and video files to our web servers, to client servers, and to download files from client servers. You can usually start it, and it will transfer all of the files while you're doing something else.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Quick way to transfer bulk files. I can set it and forget it. It's great to have a tool to transfer files to servers quickly. I can initiate the transfer and let it do it's thing. If something doesn't transfer, Filezila gives me a list and I just retry them.

FileZilla review by Tanner S.
Tanner S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The Best FTP Client I Have Found So Far"

What do you like best?

The FTP client is simple to use and works well. There are numerous features that I use often, as well as plenty more that I have never even had a chance to try yet!I really like the ability to select how each upload is handle independently, I usually leave this feature on so that I can control how the uploads are handled independently. This is extremely useful for projects in which I might want to upload new files without overwriting any of the old files.

What do you dislike?

The update seems frequent and each time it leaves a downloaded version of the software on my computer. It would be nice if they were able to have the software update a bit more intuitively, less frequently, or more dynamically/automatically. There isn't really anything that I have found I dislike about this program that can't be adjusted or corrected by adjusting the settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have found this to be the best FTP client to use, and is likely rated the best in the industry.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use FileZilla to transfer files onto our server for eLearning content. We frequently need to update this content due to request from SMEs, or changes in policy or procedures. Using this software helps us make that quick and easy. I wish that the adjustable windows had a way to lock them into adjusting together, as this is not the default setting, but I would not be surprised that it is possible somewhere in the copious amount of features in the settings.

FileZilla review by Tim C.
Tim C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FileZilla does everything I need."

What do you like best?

I like how easy FileZilla is to use. Simply open it up, enter your ftp credentials, and hit connect. That's all there is to it. It's easy to navigate and customize your views as well. I really like the fact that it doesn't cost anything to use, and is available on all systems, Mac, PC, and Linux.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I have to tell it to do certain things every single time, like overwrite files if I'm uploading. But that's probably better so I can make sure I'm not overwriting files that shouldn't be. The only other thing I don't like, is that if it gives an error on connecting, I'm not always able to tell what the error actually means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for the easiest to use, and least confusing option for an ftp management program, FileZilla is you're best choice.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla makes it easy for me to connect remotely to the file servers of the websites I'm working on. It's also fast and easy to use. I use it in my business every day.

FileZilla review by Julian A.
Julian A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best FTP/SFTP App for Linux and OSX"

What do you like best?

It's just simple to drag and drop files from a remote location to your local disk and vice versa. Great UI and transfer files very quick. The other thing that I like in FileZilla is the posibility to use the App in Linux and OSX. It's also available for Windows users.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike nothing. It's very clear and simple and it's very customizable. You can feel that it's draining your internet connection, but you can configure the bandwidth. Years ago when I tried to use the App and I was transfer files the App frozes occasionally, today the App looks very solid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try to use all the options that the software provides. I usually use FileZilla to transfer security files with SFTP.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When i need to transfer files to a remote location that's something that always FileZilla helps me to do it. There are users that are not familiar with CLI, so for them it's very useful to use an App like FileZilla to tranfer files.

FileZilla review by Mario B.
Mario B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A goog FTP client but could improve the UI"

What do you like best?

It is safe, fast, fulfills what was promised. It is an FTP client that allows you to save several types of connections to different sites. For beginners it is very useful, multilanguage support. It has many software updates. I consider it to be the best FTP client that exists today.

If you are student a teacher or a profesional in Web development you will find Filezilla easy to use. Perfect to teach and perfect to learn.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this software for more than 6 years to manage Web sites. It has undergone improvements over time, but one aspect that could improve a bit more is the graphical interface, the interface to be in 2018 looks outdated, many applications try to be visually attractive. I would like that to see a change in the UI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IIf it is your first time trying to enter in the web development and you do not have a good idea how a ftp works, you will find filezilla perfect for you.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Updating websites through FileZilla to pages made in a cms is much faster than updating the files on the website page directly with the document manager that contains the cms.

In addition you can upload Wordpress code modifications without problems through this FTP client.

Filezilla I use it often with Putty, the two complement each other for the administration of websites that run under a Linux server.

FileZilla review by Walter D.
Walter D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Upload files via FTP"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use, Filezilla is the best software of its kind because it allows you to upload and download files from servers via FTP connection. You can register several websites and export the list to xml for use on other computers.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to report if not the inclusion of a more complete internal html editor, the software is constantly updated and is free. It has everything you need to connect to a server and transfer files, but also to upload various websites online

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best known and most used software for ftp transfers and there will be a reason, I recommend it to everyone because it's free, easy to use and does its duty, uploading entire websites to servers.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I often transfer files on servers or load websites from the local computer to the hosting space purchased, a very simple process with Filezilla.

FileZilla review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FTP Access Through FileZilla"

What do you like best?

Overall I like the simplicity of adding your credentials to the site manager. You can plug in all your data for the host name, user name, password and port number and after everything has connect you can then add all this data with one click to the Site Manager. This will allow you to save all your data for next time. Its extremely useful. Next time you need to login in to your site simple just click the site manager and the site you wish to get in to and press connect and your done.

What do you dislike?

Its a love hate relationship with FileZilla. Most aggravating item I find is that almost every time I click to start the program theres an UPDATE. Don't get me wrong its better then never getting updates and the software never working but its pretty annoying to have to update the software on a regular basic. Again its a love hate relationship.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great overall Product Highly Recommend!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Biggest thing FileZilla saves time on is again the Site Manger where you can save all the credentials of each site you need to connect to. This saves tons of time not having to login in to a CRM or the site hosting account to find the credentials you need. Also, the offer a upload speed controller which you can adjust how fast everything is uploaded.

FileZilla review by Dr. C. Michael S.
Dr. C. Michael S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The Conduit to Transfer Files"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the variety of components built into the application. Additionally, the ease of use is amazing. One of the great components is the import settings options. Many hosting companies now offer users to download an xml file that will apply the settings in Filezilla for your particular ftp account.

What do you dislike?

Almost everytime I open the application it offers and update - however the updates over the years have not seems to make a difference in the use of the application. There is room for growth I am sure - I'm not sure what is needed. If you import an xml settings file, Filezilla will not hold your password - I would prefer having my password saved on my computer since it is not accessible by others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using an FTP application of any sort (cyberduck etc) I strongly suggest Filezilla. Here are my reasons why: It has been around for a long time, therefore it looks like it will continue to be available for a long time to come. Other apps have come and gone and then the user has to learn a new one. Additionally, it frequently has security patches and will keep your ftp process safe. Lastly, this runs on Mac, Windows, and Linux alike - so your platform is not an issue.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Installing CMSs (i.e. WordPress, Joomla, Drupal etc.) which all require me to transfer the files first for a manual installation (which is my preferred route). Transferring HTML, CSS, JS files are accomplished this way as well. If I want to install a new theme on WordPress or update files within a given theme, then I do this with Filezilla.

FileZilla review by Peter D.
Peter D.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A feature-rich FTP client suitable for professionals"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Filezilla allows the user to save an endless amount of server profiles. In addition, the application offers a vast array of configuration settings that allow you the flexibility to make sure you can connect to any server needed.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more options available as far as the bookmark feature was concerned. You can either have single server bookmarks or global bookmarks. I'd like there to be an option to set bookmarks based on a selected group of servers in addition to the other two options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it's free! Apart from the price, the features available are hard to beat, even compared to paid products.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As I mentioned earlier, the bookmark feature is a life saver. Filezilla allows me to manage of cluster of 10 Linux servers, some of which have unique directory structures. Without directory bookmarks, I'm sure I'd be constantly forgetting the locations of where we keep our important files.

FileZilla review by Karthikeyan B.
Karthikeyan B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy file management for your online server"

What do you like best?

The best feature i like about file zilla is the feature for drag and drop, organize the files in your online server and easily manage website content.

What do you dislike?

the look and feel of the software can be updated to make it feel more like explorer than any other file manager. This is the one feature that i dislike with filezilla

Recommendations to others considering the product

you will be looking for software to manage contents in your server and to have a log of all the connection and upload actions performed. Then filezilla is the best tool for you. The filezilla can be used to manage multiple web servers at once and can have two way file sharing. The filezilla can use ftp and secured ftp protocol to transfer file so your security is established and you can have peace of mind.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Managing online content in our server and uploading and updating the webpage is a tedious task. using filezilla we are able to manage these things and are able to efficiently control files in website.

FileZilla review by Lark I.
Lark I.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Reliable budget and unbeatable cost."

What do you like best?

It's a very reliable file transfer and management tool. I use it primarily for FTP connections for website files. Its a free program so anyone can use it and it is available on all platforms such as Windows, Mac, and Linux. It can handle transferring really large amounts of files with good speed and reliability. I don't have to worry about errors.

What do you dislike?

Is not as pretty as Adobe products but when you consider the price you can't really complain about that. It may not be incredibly intuitive for someone who has never used a program for large file transfer before but it won't take them long to figure it out.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Website file transfer and connecting to servers. This is a reliable low cost alternative for Adobe Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver does have additional website editing features but if you need to connect to FTP servers and make file changes then all you need is FileZilla. It's unbeatable for what it does. We use Adobe Dreamweaver as well but FileZilla is still great when you don't need the fuss and anyone I work with can access and use it because they can download it for free.

FileZilla review by Paul N.
Paul N.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Well Designed FTP Client"

What do you like best?

Great interface makes it easy to get up and running. Software is also regularly kept up to date with automatic updates. You can quite easily customise the interface to suit your needs as well. Works with both FTP and SFTP. It also supports multiple uploads and downloads so very good for sending many files at once. You can easily drag and drop files to make sending very easy to do. It is also free!!

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything i dislike about this product and is i nmy opinion the best one out there for FTP connection. That said it could probably have better integration with Google docs as there is no easy way to send these directly (which you can do using Cyberduck).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is probably the best FTP client out there and will cater for 95% of your needs - if you use Google Docs then it might be worth having a look at Cyberduck as well which you can install a long side FileZilla.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

As a frequent sender and receiver of data files with different companies FileZilla has proved invaluable in transferring files between ourselves and clients in a safe a secure manner.

FileZilla review by Ajmeri S.
Ajmeri S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The most common and useful FTP Client across all platforms"

What do you like best?

I am web apps developer so I need often file transfer tasks. I was using FileZilla for the last 5 years. In my company, we are also using it. the FileZilla is the easiest and useful client for file transfer over the server.

I like the best feature of FileZilla is "sync file browsing" using this feature you can make sync browsing between your local source o remote server source so you will always in the same file path.

another feature I like in FileZilla is FileZilla supports queue mechanism so if you feel somewhere you want to stop file transfering then you can do it without any problem.

FileZilla also supports maximum upload and download transfer so you will do upload and download of files in the faster way.

the Filezilla also have lots of good features like Bookmarks, Drag & drop support, Configurable transfer speed limits, Filename filters, Network configuration wizard, Remote file editing, Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) Cross-platform. Runs on Windows, Linux, *BSD, Mac OS X and more.

FileZilla also supports large file transfer I tested up to 4GB file.

What do you dislike?

almost I like FileZilla but The FileZilla client records FTP addresses, usernames, and passwords in plaintext (unencrypted). This means that a virus or malware can read this information if it infects a computer on which the Filezilla client is installed. Some types of malware specifically look for FTP addresses in plaintext files and try the text around them as usernames and passwords. but if you take care then Filezilla is not a bad client

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am using FileZilla as a main file transfer client for my web application development and I can make my applications live on the server!

FileZilla review by Josh K.
Josh K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Eazy Peazy FTP"

What do you like best?

Filezilla frequently updates the stuff that needs help in the background but in many years of operation, they have never moved around anything I need or even so much as asked me to reset a password. They make the updates seamless. I also love the interface and intuitiveness of the application. To me it is much easier to use FileZilla vs. the Dreamweaver FTP.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about this app. I use it for one thing and it is perfect at performing this task. I could not ask for a more streamlined experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am so glad that I found FileZilla. I have actually become aware that many colleagues also use/love this application, so I do think the company is strong and will continue to thrive and make improvements.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This app allows me to connect with our web provider's server to transfer the various pieces of our webpages

FileZilla review by Gareth E.
Gareth E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My go-to tool for server access."

What do you like best?

Ease of use is reliable and fast. The site manager keeps things nice and organized. It does what it says on the tin. It has the security features required, and has really never let me down in all the years I have used it.

What do you dislike?

Not much to comment on really, I have to restart it with an update?... really have no issues with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's tricky to say anything more about FileZilla, it's just one of those go to tools you have in the toolkit for work. What I can say is its the easiest to use, allows clear management of files and assets and is simply fast and reliable. All you want in FTP/SSH transfer is it being fast and secure and this tool does a perfect job. I am very hard pressed to find anything wrong with it, or need for alternatives here.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Easy centralized management of web assets for free. Secure, fast remote access is all that is required for my business.

FileZilla review by Edgar R.
Edgar R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to use FTP client"

What do you like best?

FileZilla es one of the best FTP clients that I have found in the market to use on MAC and Windows

I really love the easy of use interface, pretty straightforward, all drag and drop features and super easy to configure parameters to connect to your server.

The backup feature of the configuration makes it pretty easy to migrate to another computer or send your settings to you full team in order for them to access the servers pretty easy.

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop features do not work when downloading files from server to local disk, it only works from local to server.

There is no mobile application, I think this feature could be really interesting in order to move or copy files to your cell phone. These days is important to be able to access information on the road and filezilla needs to evolve in this matter.

Even though the interface is easy to use it needs a refreshment to look like a new application...it looks kind of and old application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just download it and be working in no time with your server.

Be careful to backup your settings after configuring all your connections on the application....this way you can just import your configuration to any computer and start working in no time.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

File transfer to our multiple servers that we manage.

FileZilla helps improving file transfer time, no need for complicated training or something else

FileZilla review by 立丁 .
立丁 .
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"best free ftp/sftp client"

What do you like best?

A little old fashion but classic user interface, easy to understand and use.

Free, open source and cross platform.

Support a lot of language.

Multitab support, can connect multiple ftp server at same time.

Compare files between local and server, and have Synchronized Browsing to ease your operate.

What do you dislike?

Don't have a "native look" in macOS.

Works well in ftp/sftp, but less protocol support than some morden competitor. can't connect to cloud storage platform.

Drag drop content from an outside application sometimes not work. need drop in finder first then into filezilla(not very sure It's a filezilla problem or a macOS problem).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free, open source and have all the feature you will need to work with ftp/sftp. works on almost any desktop os you may use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Manage files on linux server using sftp. works out of box, don't need do much config, as long as ssh work, filezilla work.

FileZilla review by Shawn T.
Shawn T.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"File Transferring So Much Easier!!!"

What do you like best?

It makes my life so much better! When i'm trying to move documents around into websites and out of websites FileZilla helps me keep track of where everything is at and where every file is going!

I like how you can save your own website data so you don't have to continue typing in the same information every time you access your own site.

When i am building a wordpress site on my local machine, FileZilla makes it painless to get that site loaded onto my internet server!

What do you dislike?

I think the display could be a little more appealing. Also, it would be nice having some kind of pop up screen to log in with. Other than that, there is not much i would change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great software!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It make the process of importing and exporting data to my websites simple and clean. Much faster productivity.

FileZilla review by Noah S.
Noah S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Solid tool for FTP file management"

What do you like best?

Replace file feature when editing code of a file on a server and then saving changes.

What do you dislike?

Upload time-outs and repetitive replacement conflicts with exisitng files when uploading will continue to ask even after check the "apply to all files for this upload" box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great, popular, and reliable option for FTP file managment. Uploading, downloading, transfers, moving files, browsing server files, editing and replacing files with saved edits are all features of the software, and work at a level up-to-par with typicall expectations.

Best feature I have experienced is that I can right click to edit in say Dreamweaver, then save my changes from Dreamweaver and Filezilla will recognize the file changed and with one click I have the revised file re-uploaded.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FTP file managment for direct access, editing and mangement of code files. (primarliy PHP, HTML, CSS) on WordPress websites, most often theme files.

FileZilla review by Donna B.
Donna B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy, Convenient FTP Uploading and Downloading"

What do you like best?

Single-click not only reconnects me back to the last server I connected to, it puts me back into the same place inside of the folder structure. Perfect for me because I most often want to be back at or near the same spot several steps into my folder structure.

Pane at the bottom of the screen shows me the progress of uploading or downloading. Easy to reorganize / create new folders. There are complaints about the appearance, but it resembles Windows File Explorer with 2 panes to drag / drop from - the left side is my computer, the right is the server.

What do you dislike?

Frequent update reminder windows. But realistically that should be a like because FileZilla provides constant security updates helping keep my computer safe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a low cost, easy to use ftp program, you should definitely try out FileZilla. I've used it completely trouble free for over 10 years.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I'm a photographer and use FileZilla both to upload pages and images to my website. I also use it to transfer high-resolution photographs to publishers. FileZilla helps me keep my software costs down, a particularly important factor for free-lance photographers.

FileZilla review by Natalie M.
Natalie M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Filezilla for FTP file sharing"

What do you like best?

I like that you can connect to multiple servers at the same time with multiple tabs and log ins. I like it that it saves the log in details using the Quickconnect log in option, so you can quickly log on without entering the password multiple times, and that it can be updated with a password change. Its great that files can be easily dragged and dropped from within the FTP screen and also dragged into other software. Its useful that you can rename files during the transfer process so when the file already exists in the receiving location, a pop up with multiple choices for the course of action.

What do you dislike?

I don't like it that it checks for updates every time I open the window as this slows down the opening on the product. Its not required as Its clear there is a new version available as it says it on the tabs once the software is open. I don't like it that its not possible to copy and paste a remote site link in from another source and it requires clicking through the tree structure to find the location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go. Its great and easy to use. It compares equally if not better to similar free software available. The user interface is so simple to use and easy for users to adapt to with little training.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use this to connect to our ERP servers so it allows file sharing quickly and easily for all users with minimal setup. Its easy to use so even users with basic IT knowledge can use the product with little training required which is useful with new members of staff/new users.

FileZilla review by Sun K.
Sun K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Fantastic FTP Product"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is a fantastic FTP program that has both a client (user) and server version that allows you to share files with multiple people. It is easy to use and setup, it is regularly updated, and is one of the best of breed programs out there. Best of all, it's free!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like every time I get in the program there's an update to be applied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should really try this program, it's one of the best FTP programs out there, and one of the most compatible. I've had issues with other FTP programs not being able to connect to various FTP servers, I haven't had this issue with Filezilla. You can use the client or the server version, both work very well.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FTP file sharing for multiple users makes file transfers and file sharing easy.

FileZilla review by John F.
John F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Open Source, Free to Use, None of the Bloatware"

What do you like best?

I love that there are constant updates for any issues, and when you report a bug, no matter how insignificant, they will resolve it within a very short timeframe!

The software allows for the typical, setting up multiple sites to connect to and also export abilities to share with teammates the connection settings, rather than typing them all in manually.

What do you dislike?

I wish I had the ability to export site settings with the password included decrypted, for backups and other situational purposes. I know I can obtain the passwords using a MD5 decrypt tool, but that just adds time to what should already be possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You do not loose anything on a free investment, other than your time. Your time will be well used with testing this product and I am confident you will also find it's GUI and setup, very simple and user friendly. There are nearly no adds inside the software and no major advertising with it - straight forward, open-source, great product!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Uploading files to our web server that are accessible for all our customers, with scheduled tasks & batch files using FileZilla to perform the FTP, this is quite simple!

It also serves as our FTP user software to update any website files.

FileZilla review by Rafael R.
Rafael R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Most famous and a very usefull FTP client"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, as far as you use it the first time you will get confortable with the interface. Is a very simple interface so you can understand how everything works easily

What do you dislike?

It is hard to say that I dislike something about Filezilla, as it is a simple FTP client with no much to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

First, if you are using Linux or MacOS, the best is not to use Filezilla, as there are much more applications out there for these OS, and these others are certainly better, I speek from experience. If you are using Windows this is a good option but maybe not the best, I preffer Filezilla just because it became an habit.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Upload and download files to and from the server is very easy with this application, Windows users will feel confortable.

FileZilla review by Jean Michel F.
Jean Michel F.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A lighweight Client"

What do you like best?

it is a lightweight app, that works as intended, it is so easy to use! and it is so fast to load!

What do you dislike?

the constant updates of features i never use... and those are really annoying, i have to deactivate the auto update, but even after doing that, it is always dowloading the installer on the downloads folder.. also the auto resume options only apply to the current downloads, if new downloads start, it wont accept the previous configuration for resume.

Recommendations to others considering the product

deactivate the updates... they are really annoying, also there are some issues with the automatic resume capabilities

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

it is an easy way to work with files on ftp servers, its fast and easy, and the file browser is awesome, its soo god for thansfering large files on a reliable connection!

FileZilla review by Brad E.
Brad E.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

" Does the job, but I prefer Cyberduck. "

What do you like best?

FileZilla does what it says on the tin. It lets you transfer files via FTP.

Back in the old days, it had some advanced features like the ability to drag and drop files

But these are now standard in every FTP software.

I used FileZilla from 2010 to 2014. Now I only use it occasionally. I much prefer Cyberduck, which does everything FileZilla does, but is slightly faster and looks nicer.

One big advantage FileZilla has is that it is free and cross platform. (Cyberduck is only free on Mac. The Windows version is quite pricey).

What do you dislike?

The main problem with the software is that the interface is a tad slow. To be honest, unless you are using another program like Cyberduck, then you won't really notice it.

This is a minor quibble.

A big problem is that when installing it tries to trick you installing Yahoo toolbar. You have to read what you are doing very carefully, if you don’t want to be tricked. I don’t think this is a nice thing for an app to do. You will experience this trick every time you use the installer, so be careful!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on Mac only, go for Cyberduck as it is snappier.

If you work on Windows, then go for FileZilla as it is still an excellent piece of software and has the big advantage of being free. However, just take care not to install Yahoo toolbar by mistake when install FileZilla.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used to use FileZilla frequently for uploading files and managing FTP servers.

I now only use it occasionally for this purpose as I have switched over to Cyberduck.

FileZilla review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Easy and powerful, best FTP solution"

What do you like best?

Instalación sencilla y facil configuración. Tiene la función de administrador de sitios donde se pueden configurar conexiones para infinitud de sitios, también tiene opción de conexión rápida. Normalmente uso esto cuando hago mi proyecto que usa muchos datos del servidor. Con File zilla, puedo administrar varias conexiones mediante pestañas. La trasferencia es rápida y permite FTP sobre conexión segura, lo que lo hace aun más interesante para trabajar.

Puedo arrastrar y soltar fácilmente de local a servidor FTP. Nunca encontré ningún problema cuando uso File Zilla en mi uso diario.

Y la mayor parte, es completamente gratuito, muchos tutoriales en Internet para maximizar el uso de File Zilla

¿Que es lo que te disgusta?

What do you dislike?

La interfaz está un poco desactualizada, pero por otro lado su rendimiento es muy bueno y su potencia increible, así que creo que esto no es muy importante, ya que se compensa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

esta herramienta se recomienda por si misma. Si gestionas uno o varios sitios web y necesitas acceso por ftp a los mismos. Esta solución es la mejor opción del mercado, y además es gratuita

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla realmente me lo recomendó un amigo porque estaba tratando de administrar los archivos de mi sitio web alojados en mi servidor. Podemos transferir archivos fácilmente sin tener que iniciar sesión en nuestro servidor web y usar las herramientas de transferencia allí. A diferencia de esas herramientas, podemos transferir muchos archivos a la vez con FileZilla. Podemos ahorrar tiempo simplemente arrastrando y soltando archivos desde el Explorador de Windows a la carpeta de destino en FileZilla.

FileZilla review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"buen programa gratuito para subir archivos via ftp"

What do you like best?

Es un muy buen programa, no pesa nada ni ocupa casi espacio en el disco duro y es perfecto para subir archivos via ftp con una interfaz sencilla y facil de usar, todo muy visual.

Me gusta ya que sirve tanto para colgar archivos en discos duros, colgar páginas web en servidores o pasar archivos a las empresas con las que trabajas de manera fácil sin el uso de pasarlo por email o colgarlo en la nube.

Además es un programa gratuito y funciona perfecto, es seguro y no da nunca problemas a la hora de subir un archivo. Cabe destacar la rapidez de subida sin cortes ni lentitud.

Otra cosa positiva es que este programa existe y esta optimizado tanto en pc como en mac siendo perfecto para los que usan una o otra plataforma.

What do you dislike?

No encuentro casi cosas negativas. Alomejor estaria bien que mejorase un poco el diseño en la plataforma mac para hacerla mas agradable y acorde con su estilo y un poco más visual tambien estaria bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recomiendo este programa a todos aquellos que necesiten subir archivos ftp en su página web, disco duro o en otros servicios que haga falta ftp con total seguridad y fiabilidad, de manera rapida y fácil y sobre todo con un programa gratuito tanto en pc como en mac.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Me ha ayudado a poder subir mis páginas web de clientes al servidor correspondiente y poderlas actualizar con facilidad. Tambien la he usado para subir archivos pesados de manera mas facil y directa a distintos discos duros y distintas empresas sin tener que utilizar el correo electronico.

FileZilla review by Vuqar H.
Vuqar H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy server acces"

What do you like best?

The best part of Filezilla is the price. This is useful for any size business but in my situation, it is crucial. We are in a small, startup company based online that needs FTP access in order to transfer data. Being able to scale up with Filezilla to as many users as we need as our staff grows is crucial to our operations.

What do you dislike?

I've struggled at times with connecting via SFTP and have to use another program to successfully connect, but this issue has been rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is great. It has lots of features, some that i don't even use but it can do what most don't.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to reliably view and access site files. Especially important when CPanel is not an option.

FileZilla review by Ben K.
Ben K.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"A fantastic piece of free software for FTP transfers"

What do you like best?

FileZilla is quick to download and install. I can setup connections with a just a few pieces of data like ip address or domain name and password. The files can be uploaded or downloaded in bulk either by selecting files within the software or by dropping files directly into the software from your computer folders.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much about FileZilla. The interface can seem a bit techy and cluttered for some, but it's otherwise easy to use once you get connected and do a few transfers. There isn't an easily accessible support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As open source freeware, FileZilla is one of the most complete and useful tools, so I'd recommend this software to anyone that has a website or needs to transfer files quickly and easily.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We're able to transfer files quickly and securely to update our website or to add downloadable assets like PDFs. There isn't a lot of time involved to get up and running with FileZilla. Whenever there are issues, we can easily look online in message boards to get things resolved.

FileZilla review by Mark P.
Mark P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Transfer files easily with drag and drop"

What do you like best?

This FTP program makes it very convenient to transfer files to and from your web server. Once you set all the initial connection settings, you can store the settings for a quick connecting later. Navigating the folders online and locally is a cinch. I can either click through folders and subfolders, or go to an already visited path in a drop down menu. For free software, this is very valuable and rarely has problems with connections.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit complicated to use compared to other similar software. The realtime activity feed that shows what's going at the server can be confusing and intimidating for some people to look at, but there are too many significant things to dislike about FileZilla.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a free FTP client, FileZilla is a leader and can't be beat. It offers all the tools you can possibly need to get connected and manage your connections. If you've ever got frustrated using FTP clients, this should be a great alternative to whatever program you're using.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can transfer files in bulk quickly, which can get our website updated in less time. All the transfers are conveniently logged in a transfer history window at the bottom, so we can keep track of what's been transferred already.

FileZilla review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The simple, classic never fails approach"

What do you like best?

It works, it's not too complex and it doesn't try to be anything it doesn't need to be. The tabs to toggle multiple connections is a very welcome touch, and ultimately you don't need more from an FTP than this.

What do you dislike?

If I had to pick something that I dislike, then I would say that the design obviously is very basic. Not that this needs anything flashy, but if I must say something I dislike, as a graphic designer, I would spruce up the look a bit if I had the opportunity to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This should be your go to FTP client every time. Very high recommendation from a website development executive.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Managing multiple websites, splash pages and forms for clients. The product is just so quick and easy to use. When I am working remotely, I can download this in a minute and have it up and running. It's everything it needs to be.

FileZilla review by Thomas B.
Thomas B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Streamlined and fast FTP"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is the hands down ultimate solution for moving files around the web. It's easy to use, versatile, and rarely experiences issues.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve from the initial use of Filezilla, and while that quickly dissipated as I started using it, i had an urgent item to do that was not that quick to achieve on day 1. Now, no problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best FTP programs available on the market. The best I've found for my web design and development needs.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla has helped me transfer files, documents, and images to my web servers with speed and reliability. This improved business effort and made my submission to clients quick and simple.

FileZilla review by Ignacio M.
Ignacio M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"A simple but very helpful sFTP Client"

What do you like best?

I think there are many items that can be mentioned when it comes to Filezilla, but definitely the way that the folders are organized by having both your local Site and the Remote location ( in this case an sFTP Folder ) with a Total Commander Style, males it extremely easy to move files around and deal with multiple locations.

Another point that makes it helpful if you are dealing with FTP Clients is the real time logs that the application show everytime that you are either moving or processing a file or connecting / disconnecting from any server.

I would definitely recommend the tool

What do you dislike?

I would like an easier way to open files directly from the client, instead of having to download the file to a local folder before opening it. That would definitely save a lot of time and will avoid the need of download every file you need to check, and then, most likely, have to delete them from your hard drive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the quick connect tool will save time and errors by allowing you to automatically connect to previously used sites / folders / servers that you may have connected in the past.

And will definitely save the hassle of having to type in passwords, usernames and hosts addresses, that as you know are not usually just admin / admin.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

easy sFTP handling for multiple folders at the same time.

FileZilla review by Roderick Y.
Roderick Y.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Free and functional - exactly what's needed."

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of the layout, and the functionality of the layout. Things work like they seem they should.

What do you dislike?

I still end up using Notepad++ with it's SFTP plugin more than FileZilla, because it does not have a built in text-editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FileZilla is easily able to perform as the only FTP-SFTP client for managing remote file directories you need. It does not have added functions like a built-in text-editor, but there are many use cases I can imagine that don't require that.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla is my SFTP client of choice on Windows machines. I use it for reorganizing web server structures, uploading large numbers of files (video, audio, PDFs).

FileZilla review by Gabby K.
Gabby K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great way to share files company wide!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can receive files from other departments at my company. One group may be working on a project in a separate building and is easily able to send me a usable file.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, certain folders will lock up and disconnect from the network. This can be annoying but isn't too hard to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you get your whole company to use the program. If you can get a good amount of people to use it, it will be fully beneficial.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This eliminates the need to have to put files on disks or thumb drives. Files can be transferred in as little as five minutes!

FileZilla review by Chris B.
Chris B.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FileZilla does it all!"

What do you like best?

FileZilla constantly pushes updates with security in mind. I'm not in the software every single day but when I have a stretch when I'm not using it, I'll usually come back to an update and it always seems to be security driven which I love.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the UI feels dated. Used to more polished solutions. Granted, I am on a mac which is much more polished than the PC version in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep using it. It's the best tool out there in my opinion.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Allows me to easily see, move and remove files from FTP servers for integration between systems. We have some complex integrations and FileZilla makes it very easy to manage the filesystems which are used in those integrations.

FileZilla review by Justin J.
Justin J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FTP Management"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, the folder structure setup makes it feel like you're moving files around on your local computer, it also allows you to quickly drag multiple files instead of some I've used with individual "browse" selectors. Quick connect is definitely a plus, it's also very light weight and easy to set up. Basic windows design look.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the constant updates, while very important for a secure ftp client, it's annoying for the general user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set it up and try it out, with non-sensitive files if you're worried but there's no real downside to trying it out. Basic windows design.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Quick, efficient, and secure transmission of files to and from our customers. Setup is easy enough that a quick email can get a customer ready to upload files. This allows for quicker, less painful design exchanges for reviews, which is typically a big time sink in the design process.

FileZilla review by Keith S.
Keith S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"All the features most users need in an easy to use, free product"

What do you like best?

The best part of Filezilla is the price. This is useful for any size business but in my situation, it is crucial. We are in a small, startup company based online that needs FTP access in order to transfer data. Being able to scale up with Filezilla to as many users as we need as our staff grows is crucial to our operations.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to see additional assistance in the form of a connection wizard or the like. Many similar paid programs require extremely little setup to get a new connection but this product does require you to know your port numbers, protocol, etc. With a little training and experience, it isn't a problem, but for a growing company it is not ideal for training new employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend paying for an IT professional to at least go over the concept of FTPs and online server access with staff that will be interacting with it in any way. Filezilla is relatively easy to use but is still primarily technically oriented and requires little knowledge. It's worth it to pay a little for a small amount of training so your staff can use this free product.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use an FTP server to upload client data that is used by our database and several external web APIs. Filezilla allows any member of our staff to access and validate data that comes through our FTP servers without IT support (once they know how to use it). It also allows us to give our clients an easy, free option when they are learning how to use our FTP upload procedure.

FileZilla review by Richard L.
Richard L.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Solid, reliable, feature packed and with a long history"

What do you like best?

Despite all the buttons and icons it’s very simple to use. After tweaking a few options to allow multiple concurrent uploads and downloads etc. I’ve not had to change many settings since. It’s well maintained and regularly updated but I’ve not had any issues with this. The best feature for me has to be the transfer queue, it keeps track of the status of each file, if they fail it goes into the failed queue where you can easily reset and try again even if you’ve disconnected from the server - it’ll reconnect you and just get on with it. Being able to drag and drop stright from Windows Explorer makes it very easy to use an the range of options for overwritting (or not) existing files means you can safely perform bulk uploads.

What do you dislike?

It’s the the prettiest application and I would like to be able to turn off the local files panels as I use Explorer and drag from there. I couldn’t always get the filters to work as expected either - they should allow you to exclude files or folders when bulk transferring but this might just be me not putting enough time in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s one of the established names so just give it a go.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Transferring of files from local machines to remote servers.

FileZilla review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"First I used and still my go to."

What do you like best?

With many ftp programs people have tried to get me to use such as coffee cup I always found it more work.

The setup of your computer files on the left in a small window and the servers in a larger on the right is how I think it should display and that's what Filezilla gives.

While it's probably more standard at this point across ftp Filezilla has always allowed you to save your ftp search data and go back through with a single click in it's top left hand side which is appreciated with daily use.

What do you dislike?

Tends to have a lot of updates which can be an annoyance when you use it constantly.

Just a minor inconvenience really with the updates installing quickly but enough for you to remember it.

However when considering the security of such an application you could say regular updates are a positive more than a negative to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To set it up quickly and easily download the ftp setup file from your website and import it into Filezilla it will take all the guesswork out of setting it up away.

Otherwise as a person precaution I suggest to setup that every sign in asks for password.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Moving vast amounts of files without a ftp client is at best cumbersome as more providers only allow you to upload a single file a a time when working with big projects that is a huge was of time.

FileZilla review by Dee O.
Dee O.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Preferred FTP Method "

What do you like best?

I like the simple no-fuss interface. I am able to go in and get done what I need too without worrying about a learning curve.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, It does exactly what I expected it too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking for an easy way to connect to SFTP and SSH websites, then Filezilla is the best choice.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am able to open site files on my system make the changes and then upload them without having to deal with web-based Java platforms. I like how I can find and grab the URL for hidden files just by right-clicking on them. Some systems let you view the files but do not give you a direct link.

FileZilla review by Monique P.
Monique P.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great free ftp for uploading web pages and other content"

What do you like best?

I think Filezilla is the best free and easy way to modify websites. It's easy to download the content you need, edit it, and re upload it with the push of a button. It is also very fast.

What do you dislike?

Filezilla has a bit of a learning curve when you first start it. It can be hard to understand what you need to click to download, upload, and locate your content. Once you figure those out, it's easy. But that is the only complaint I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great free solution for uploading content on your website.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have used Filezilla to update photograph galleries on a website for my employer, who is a nature photographer. It was primarily used to change the thumbnails to click on for each gallery on the site. It was very fast to download the page, make the edit, and put it back. It made my job more efficient.

FileZilla review by John M.
John M.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Intuitive to use and constantly improving"

What do you like best?

I changed to FileZilla on the recommendation from a colleague. Previously, I had used a browser-based browser. FIlezilla is definitely feature-rich and the developers are updating as needed. An example of a feature I find particularly useful are the status tabs for file transfers. It shows what's queued, what's done, and most importantly, what's failed in separate panes. This has saved more than once a great deal of troubleshooting time.

What do you dislike?

If there is something to "dislike" it's the aforementioned updates. It seems that when I open the application, there's a new download. If I had one suggestion is that perhaps the updates could be bundled together instead of marginal iterations. Not being intimately familiar with all the reasons for the updates, I do acknowledge some might be critical fixes, but the constant pace makes me wonder if the designers are being overly responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might take a little of trial and error, but being able to copy the URL link from files on your FTP is helpful for testing on the web. That means changing "public" or "html" folders to your websites directory structure.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I administer a number of websites and using FileZilla allows be to fix the backend when the Content Management System hangs up or fails to install an update. FileZilla's layout is easy to navigate and I've set it up so each website will open its own local folder when logging in via the app. Since I work on a number of computers, it's nice to be able to export all the settings from one computer and "sync" up the other FileZilla clients for a seamless work flow.

FileZilla review by Miles S.
Miles S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Simple & Easy FTP Client"

What do you like best?

FileZilla has improved greatly over the past few years. Their updates are very regular and they are simple to install. The entire system is really easy to use and very intuitive and I can easily deploy it to users or customers who need to access FTP without much instruction.

What do you dislike?

The interface can seem a bit confusing at first if you are a new user. It isn't apparently exactly where to start, but once you go through a guide or get an understanding of it, it is very simple to follow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to manage and simple to use FTP program, this is a great one for you. Most of all, it doesn't cost anything! FileZilla does great work and is completely free; they do have an Ad that pops up on their update page, but it isn't intrusive and is a welcome addition as they deserve to have some form of revenue stream for the quality of this product.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We use FileZilla for manging files over FTP for websites and for file sharing of large files from external users.

FileZilla review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services
Administrator in Information Technology and Services
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Filezilla OpenSource FTP Solution"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Filezilla as an FTP Client is the ease of use that the software gives. And the versatility that it offers to connect to all types of FTP servers. You Can Save Connections so you don't have to remember all the information. It can connect securely to FTP servers that offer it. FileZilla Server Side has great options for FTP and FTPS. Its not to hard to setup if you have simple understanding of FTP and Access. It works great in a Cloud based VM environment. Fast transfer of Files and easy configuration of User and Group Accounts.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Filezilla is not much, I would like however to find more support for the software as a whole on the Client Side of things. On the Server Side I would like to find support for SFTP Port 22 to be better. It is lacking in that area of support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research How to Setup a FTP Server before hand, after that it simple. Client Side just install and connect to a FTP server.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

What we are solving business wise with FileZilla is Secure File Transfers of large files that cannot be sent by email. Daily Data Downloads of SQL Data and Images for the Applications we use on a daily bases. The Benefits we have come to find are how easy and Fast it is to get up and running and transferring files. We also host our FileZilla Server in Azure Cloud.

FileZilla review by Eduard K.
Eduard K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Simpliest and easiest FTP client"

What do you like best?

Super easy to install, setup and launch. Its overall easiness of use, simplicity, fast to learn, intuitive user interface, and user-friendliness.

What do you dislike?

User interface in general could be drastically improved. Make the app more attractive and good-looking. Also, allow for easy dropping files back and forth straight up with a mouse from any folder on screen to and from remote server. Basically, needs an improvement in drag-n-drop interface and overall functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it out. It is quite simple and powerful. It may be the only thing you need in order to work with your servers, as it always has been for me. So, why bother and trying to get into something more sophisticated and time-consuming since FiliZilla can easily satisfy all basic your needs and has even more in store for you ;-)

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Connecting to and working with our remote servers, git repositories, websites, etc.

It is free and easy to use, so everybody knows how to use it and there is no need to teach anybody how to do it.

FileZilla review by Alistair W.
Alistair W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best free FTP program?"

What do you like best?

FileZilla is probably [by far] the best *free* File Transfer Program there is. It is very easy to setup and very simple to use, you can simply drag your files from your computer (or any connected network drive) to your FTP destination or drag and drop files from your FTP to your computer (or connected network drive) - or double click on the files you want to transfer - or you can right click and select transfer.

It is easy to set up defaults of what to do if there is a conflict or choose file by file - options are Overwrite, overwrite if source newer, overwrite if different size, overwrite if different size or source newer, rename and skip. You can also choose to have this as the action to always carry out or just for the current queue or apply it to downloads only.

It is very fast when transferring files and can handle multiple file transfers at the same time (if your server can handle this).

The synced navigation is an inspired feature, you can almost guarantee you will upload the file to the correct place if you have mirrored the remote file/folder structure locally.

It has the ability to work on SFTP and FTPS and best of all.... This program is free

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot you can say against this program it does everything you'd expect from an FTP program

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can always set up using SFTP or FTPS for good security

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Transfering file in bulk to and from our remote webservers. There isn't any other way to do this.

FileZilla review by Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to use FTP solution"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to save my connections for easy future access. I can easily drag and drop the files for upload or download as needed. Folder structure is easy to use, as well as adding new folders. Great for simple use as well as having more advanced features when needed. It's an easy program that doesn't take a lot of complicated training to share with new users. We can just tell people to download it, give them settings to import or log in information and they are connected in minutes.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is frustrating is when I occasionally transfer files I cannot see them in the new directory. I just have to refresh the directory and it's fine. Also, when you right click and choose 'Copy URL to Clipboard' I wish that URL was the URL on the website rather than the URL to the FTP location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this FTP program. I've used others in the past and this one for some reason seems to never let me down.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I need to have easy access to the websites for our various clients and would rather not waste time having to go search for log in in formation each time I need it. It's great to have them all saved and ready to connect just just a few clicks.

FileZilla review by Brian M.
Brian M.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Trusted for years"

What do you like best?

It's constantly updated keeping it secure and bug-free. The site manager keeps all my project locations organized. The layout has remained the same for years so once you learn it you do not have to worry about things changing for the worse. The layout is intuitive. The server is on your left and your files are on the right. Just click and drag to transfer.

What do you dislike?

Filezilla's layout is a little dated. It looks like a program from the nineties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free to use. It is dependable. It is great for transferring large amounts of data remotely. The layout is intuitive. The server is on your left and your files are on the right. Just click and drag to transfer. The site manager keeps all my project locations organized.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Easily transfer files securely. It is an intuitive and very dependable stable product. It does what you need and very rarely gives you any problems. I've had the program running for days with no issues or crashes.

FileZilla review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to use, does what it should"

What do you like best?

I do work for a client on GoDaddy managed hosting, which only allows access to site files through SFTP. FileZilla is the tool I chose to use, and I haven't had any problems with it. It's easy to set up, the ability to drag and drop files is convenient, and I'm able to see the status of files I'm downloading or uploading. And, of course, the fact that it's free is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced any issues with FileZilla doing its job. One minor annoyance is the update notifications, which come up after you've already opened the program and therefore can be an interruption. I also wish it would delete the previous version when it updates so that I don't end up with FileZilla 2, FileZilla 3, etc.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to reliably view and access site files. Especially important when CPanel is not an option.

FileZilla review by Meenakshi B.
Meenakshi B.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Best and easy way to transfer files"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can connect to multiple servers at the same time with different or multiple tabs and different credentials. It has an option called Quickconnect which pops up when I enter my password first time and then it gives an option to remember my password allowing me connect without re-entering password every time I login. The files can be easily loaded with just a click or even the best feature is that you can drag and drop to FTP screen. It shows all the files transferred and if anything failed, it shows which file failed. It's easy to reconnect if your connection went to sleep, by just a right click and refresh. Its also useful in a way that I can rename same files during the transfer process so when the file already exists in the receiving location, a pop up shows up with option to overwrite it or cancel it, etc. It's great and very easy to use. I upload files to our web server that are accessible to me for my use and data transfer, with scheduled tasks as well as batch files using FileZilla to perform the FTP. It has history option too showing which all files were transferred. tabs for queued jobs, failed or successful transfers.

What do you dislike?

When I open it, always asks to update which is bit annoying. Other than that, nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software to use for FTP applications.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Easy FTP for transferring files from my machine to the remote servers, and I use it for mainly Unix applications.

FileZilla review by James A.
James A.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Beats the rest"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is incredibly easy to use. I have used it for 6~7 years and has never let me down.

By far the best feature is the site manager interface, adding, removing, importing sites are straight forward, as well as setting up various types of connections (plain FTP, FTPS, username/password based and key based etc)

What do you dislike?

They switched to adding bloatware with the installer due to the site providing the download source. It is understandable that it costs money to host the software but there was a lot of annoyed people when it all of s sudden started to install junk programs during updates/install.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Backup your site manager entries by using the export function.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use filezilla everyday, its the only application I use for transferring files to hosting accounts. The benefits are that it is extremely reliable and if any errors happen, it is clear and simple to resolve issues.

FileZilla review by Administrator
Administrator
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Must have!"

What do you like best?

I like the simplistic design, but having the ability to make customization to suit my needs. You can customize various sites, change colors of sites to make recognition easy, you can change the way your firewall treats sites--all around this application does it all in a really straighforward manner.

What do you dislike?

There is honestly nothing bad I can say about this software--it does everything I need. It does udate quite frequently, which is a good thing, but can be a bit annoying at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have! Will save you a significant amount of time downloading and uploading files.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use FileZilla almost every single day to pull data down from FTP sites--I couldn't do my job without it. It saves me a significant amount of time on a daily basis. Compared to using a webpage based FTP--there is no competition.

FileZilla review by Gema Aji W.
Gema Aji W.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"A great open-source solution for your FTP needs."

What do you like best?

The interface that allow you to work with multiple connection in the same time, the capability of managing FTP-based servers. The frequent updates and community support around it. The cross-platform availability so you don't need to worry switching between multiple operating system with ease. The open-source nature of the software.

What do you dislike?

If you use SCP, FileZilla isn't right for you since there some lack of features built-in with the software, the interface sometime felt outdated, and the availability of latest version in the official Ubuntu PPA.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your server still uses FTP as the primary method of data storage, FileZilla is a must have with it's cross-platform compatibility, the ease of use interface and the open source nature of the software.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I use FileZilla with it's cross-platform support as a tool to get remote data from FTP and modify it with ease, no matter what OS I had in office or even at home.

FileZilla review by Gail T.
Gail T.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great FTP solution"

What do you like best?

I like that when it has a new version a prompt comes up and you can choose to update or not. It updates cleanly and is ready to go in seconds. It's been very reliable for many, many years. I like that the hierarchy in my files is the same as what appears for the hosts' hierarchy, making tracking file locations and links easy.

What do you dislike?

Rather frequent updates. I understand the security concerns just wish there was a way to keep it simpler.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a sound platform for managing content on a web page. Moving large files and managing hierarchy is a snap.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Need to FTP larger files to the web site that Joomla! can't handle. It's made maintaining the web page a simple thing and sometimes I need to pull content back for a variety of reasons.

FileZilla review by Lonnie M.
Lonnie M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Gets done what I need quickly and simply"

What do you like best?

It simplifies what I need done. It allows me transfer files to my web domain quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few files that have failed to transfer and I think it can be easy to overlook the fact that some of them didn't transfer if you are transferring many of them at a time.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

It's a quick and easy way to upload my webpage files. If there are many, I can transfer them while working on other things or doing something else, allowing me to be more productive.

FileZilla review by Akshay C.
Akshay C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FTP with Login Management"

What do you like best?

Easy to use FTP application which is free. Have been using this free since 2010, never ever had any problem. Stable app never crashes.

What do you dislike?

If you are moving files with Pe tablet and you drop file into a wrong folder. You will have to open every folder to see which one has that file. Not like Google Drive which show notification with Undo Move button

Recommendations to others considering the product

For regular Wordpress development or even just for maintaining your site this is perfect. Hassle free spend 2 minutes downloading and entering details and you are set.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FTP access to multiple Wordpress accounts, downloading updating files with ease. Password Management inside FIlezilla so you don't have to keep notepad with login information.

FileZilla review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FileZilla as a Web Developer"

What do you like best?

My favorite part about FileZilla is the ability to have multiple tabs open and connected to different servers. This really helps when working on many projects at on time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there aren't more options to setup logging in. I have had issues in the past where I can't get to the "stop" button fast enough and end up banning myself from servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FileZilla is the best free FTP system you're going to find that works on the majority of platforms.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am able to quickly move client files from a variety of sources without any issues. I'm also able to use the server version to quickly move files from my own PC to others.

FileZilla review by Paul M.
Paul M.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Filezilla, the File Transfer Monster"

What do you like best?

Simple FTP program that I've never really had any problems with. It remembers my settings when I ask it to & allows me to login quickly & securely. The tabbing function allows me to work on multiple FTP uploads for different clients at the same time. It asks before uploading over a file, but allows me to choose to always overwrite files if I desire. The Quickconnect comes in handy when I need to just upload something quickly without having to search for login credentials. The history function has saved me a couple of times when I haven't been able to retrieve FTP logins from a client, but they need their website updated. It's easy to switch modes to view .htaccess files. The downloading & view/edit functions are easily programmable & Filezilla makes it easy to delete the temporary files after you're finished working on a file. Adding, changing access properties, & generally updating directories is simple.

What do you dislike?

The filesearch function is a little clunky & I'm not sure if I've ever successfully found any of the files I've searched for on various FTP servers. Sometimes it's so quick that it doesn't let me cancel a transfer if I need to once I've already queued it. Error messaging can be unclear & Filezilla can be a little overzealous in it's attempts to connect, even if the login credentials I've supplied are wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the easiest file transfer program I've used. The program is updated all of the time & it's made my life easier in every way. Filezilla is simple & not very flashy, but do you really need an FTP program that's showy?

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Uploading, exchanging, & editing files. Structuring file directories & moving things around servers. Quickconnect & Sitemanager allows me to connect securely without having to search for my login credentials. Tabbing allows me to work on multiple projects simultaneously.

FileZilla review by Kris L.
Kris L.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best Open Source FTP Program"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is fairly easy to use. There are side by side windows so you can easily see what is on your local machine and what is on the server. A window beneath those shows information about the transfers and displays why something failed to upload or be edited or if the function was performed successfully. This program also easily allows the user to edit files directly on the server, ie changing file extensions or permissions. I appreciate the drag and drop feature it has as well.

What do you dislike?

Some things could be improved on: The UI could use some tweaking. It's a bit cluttered and could be easier to navigate. It reminds me of something to come out of Windows XP. The update pop ups can also be a little tedious, but these are small complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program if you're looking for something not too complex and free. I have no big complaints about it.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

The program allows me to update multiple sites quickly and easily. To change file extensions and permissions with little hassle, and quickly back up local hdds to servers.

FileZilla review by Ayberk K.
Ayberk K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FileZilla"

What do you like best?

A very useful, easy to use, fast in action

What do you dislike?

Likely disconnections during transferring big files around

Recommendations to others considering the product

Windows installations are kind of tricky. You have to be careful what you are installing. They may include malwares or some other application which you would not prefer in your desktop or laptop. You better find the direct download instead of installer enabled version.I mean adwares come on, for a such a nice program like this, it s a not cool to see something like that. Try to get it thorugh as a official customer from your IT department or IT guy. I mean it s 2016, really do we need unnecessary fake popups? Don t try online installer versions. failed to retrieve directory is a problem, you may face along the way, it should be really fixed. It seems like current updates were not able to fix the problem accurately. Other than these program works fine, but people maybe quitting this program due to malwares/adwares for whatever purpose they are on to this program.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Transferring files internally, or from different countries.

FileZilla review by Ben J.
Ben J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The go-to open source FTP client"

What do you like best?

Synchronized browsing mode makes it really easy to compare files and ensure you're working on the most recent versions of files. Site manager is a great way to keep your connections organized and readily available, I have it automatically start site manager when FZ launches.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about FileZilla, it's been around forever so to most it's familiar. Cyberduck does make a nice alternative though. Also the update popups can be annoying if you're trying to get something done in a hurry, but that really is a very minor inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FZ gets great support from the open source community. If you use FTP in your workflow, Filezilla can probably improve your workflow. Give it a try (if you haven't) and it may just become your default FTP client.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Creating dynamic web content, often using FTP as a communication protocol for managing files. FileZilla is one of the first pieces of software installed when I get a new machine, as it is absolutely essential for my job. Having a reliable, open-source FTP client always available makes file management and server/site maintenance possible.

FileZilla review by Mark V.
Mark V.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FileZilla for remote work"

What do you like best?

easy of install, ease of use, GUI presentation, drag and drop functionality, remembering your settings and "windows like" user interface makes the learning curve short for the whole team.

What do you dislike?

can be a dangerous tool in the wrong hands with a powerful profile, so we use read-only profiles to avoid accidental changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FileZilla makes it very easy to drag & drop your file transfer requests.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

When we deploy new servers we install and use FileZilla for a quick and painless experience when downloading all of the deployment packages to the new server.

FileZilla review by Kacper J.
Kacper J.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Reliable, functional and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

FileZilla has been around for a long time, meaning that it has developed to meet the needs of the wider market. Its functionality allows for use by professionals and hobbyists alike. The quick connect feature allows you to reconnect to the server you left off, or even one's you've used in the past. The split view and drag and drop are very convenient for quick transfers, while bandwidth settings let you carry on working when transferring large files.

What do you dislike?

Updates are great, but I almost think that FileZilla gets them too often! Every other day, there's a pop-up asking me to update, leading to some frustration. It would be ideal if FileZilla updated in the background (if the user opted in to do so), as this will save the hassle of updating and extracting each time - especially on Mac!

Recommendations to others considering the product

FileZilla is THE place to start and stay. It's reliable and VERY easy to learn. You don't require any technical experience, and after connecting to your server once, you'll be able to do it with only one click from then onwards!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla allows our team and our clients to easily manage their website content by modifying files, transferring images and downloading other content.

FileZilla review by Elyse I.
Elyse I.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Classic, Easy to Use FTP Client"

What do you like best?

I've tried others, but Filezilla is always my FTP go-to. I like the simple drag and drop interface, the ability to store sign-in history for quick connect, and the easy to understand directory organization.

What do you dislike?

I've struggled at times with connecting via SFTP and have to use another program to successfully connect, but this issue has been rare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A no-nonsense, industry standard and free. I would start here when looking for an FTP client.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Although I am using FTP less and less, I still use it for quick website file updates and upload / download of large files between clients. The main benefit is quick, easy access.

FileZilla review by Adil K.
Adil K.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best of open source cross-platform FTP"

What do you like best?

Transfer files in FTP, SFTP, encrypted FTP such as FTPS and

Site Manager to manage server lists and transfer queue for ordering file transfer tasks

Drag and drop to download and upload.

Synchronised directory browsing

and Bookmarks for easy access to most frequent use

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately Filezilla not have a extension manager, sometimes we need some extra features that not supported by the application, so i think that supporting plugins will be nice.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Upload and download files for application & web sites from and to our servers, the big benefits that is as free and cross plateform FTP solution.

FileZilla review by Kevin R.
Kevin R.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Best FTP client, its good, free and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, and very user friendly.

has site manager feature, quick connect option. I usually use this when making my project which use many data from server. With File zilla, i can manage many of data using tab feature.

I can easily drag and drop from local into FTP server. I never found any issue when i use File Zilla in my daily use.

And The most of it, it completely Free to use, many tutorial on the internet to maximize the use of File Zilla

What do you dislike?

They often updating their product which sometimes annoying

The interface is a little outdated, but it has no performance issues, so i think this one is not important

Recommendations to others considering the product

File Zilla is a great choice when you work with many data from server

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can easily login to my server using login authentication from file Zilla, this have many use when you need to access many protected server.

FileZilla review by Nimarta Kaur C.
Nimarta Kaur C.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Excellent product, highly recommend. "

What do you like best?

Ever have something you need to share but the file is too big? Don't ever have to worry about that if you have FileZilla. Transferring/Sharing files and extracting them has never been an issue when you use FileZilla!

What do you dislike?

I dislike how this always opens up whenever I start up or turn on my computer. This gets a bit old and I constantly have to shut it down. I wish there was a way to adjust this setting in a more intuitive manner.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla allows me to share information with my clients/customers/peers in a very easy way. I can use any server to share these files and from almost any of my computers. Being able to share work while I'm working remotely is a huge benefit.

FileZilla review by Joe C.
Joe C.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Does What is Says on the Box"

What do you like best?

Love the simple to use UI and that fact that this product is so regularly being updated.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I find that some of the resume functionality is a little flaky - cant be sure if this is due to issue at either end or the product itself but it does cause issue for some very large transfers.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We needed a simple worldclass tool for adhoc file transfers between servers in our various datacentres.

FileZilla has made the process fairly seamless and allowed us to move data between environments efficiently.

FileZilla review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great FTP client"

What do you like best?

If you have an FTP, it can connect to it. The open source and cross platform means that I have it installed on every system that I do any development on. I've had it on all of the big 3: Windows, Mac, and Linux. I don't look any further for FTP clients this one I've been using for years without missing a beat. The updates are quite regular, but I'm not always sure what it is that they are fixing, since the software is quite solid.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little dated, but it does it's job well enough. Better UX and design are always tough finds in open source software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the trend with open source software, the UX and Design isn't top-notch, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more capable FTP client.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Often you'll need to connect to a clients FTP to get or send files, this tool does the trick. It's nice that it's cross platform and highly configurable. FTP has so many different variations, its nice to have such an amenable tool.

FileZilla review by Harmit S.
Harmit S.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"One of the best product for ftp transfer"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to configure and one can send the files by just dragging onto Filezilla. It also provides an option to edit the file. Once one, it uploads the file back with changes.without changing its format. This is very beneficial for someone who is not very fluent with 'vi' editor. Also, it is FREE.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, I could not find any hassle that I should be disappointed about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it once. You'll not regret.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I used it as a tool for one of the project to do ftp transfer of files across servers. You can actually see the progress of upload. So, if the file is big, you know where you are in terms of file transfer.

FileZilla review by Sandy G.
Sandy G.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Great FTP tool, used on Winows, Mint Linux"

What do you like best?

Nice interface. Easy operation and a lot of configurability. Very easy to do painful stuff when dealing with loads of files. Love how you can re-queue errors and control of number of threads.

What do you dislike?

Not too much, used to have some glitchy behavior in the tool bars on windows, but mostly gone now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great multi-platform FTP tool. Easy GUI and very well done.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Moving lots of files in directories around. Backing up websites, easy to use and on multiple platforms.

FileZilla review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"FileZilla Review"

What do you like best?

-Free FTP client that is easy to use

-Many tutorials online that walk you through how to use

-Gives you the ability to access website files from your server

-Can connect to multiple servers and access multiple files

-Trustworthy FTP client compared to other tools

What do you dislike?

-The interface seems a little outdated to me, but is still easy to navigate

-Drag and drop features are a little confusing, but are thoroughly explained in the online tutorials

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend FileZilla if you are looking for a free and reliable FTP client. There are multiple FTP clients out there, including Dreamweaver, but if you are looking for something free and trustworthy, FileZilla is a great tool. It's easy to understand and use, and there are multiple tutorials online if you happen to have any questions. It allows you to easily access your website's files and connect to your server, or multiple servers if needed.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla was actually recommended to me by a customer service representative at GoDaddy as I was trying to manage my website's files hosted on my server. FileZilla is a great FTP client that connects to the server well and allows you to quickly access and edit any website files. Since the product was recommended by GoDaddy, I also find it to be a trustworthy source as I host my website with GoDaddy and they would never recommend something that could harm my website.

FileZilla review by Lewis W.
Lewis W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"An FTP client that does everything you would want it to"

What do you like best?

Filezilla is a free FTP client that is a must for anyone working in web. A seamless solution for transferring files to a server. Bookmarking FTP accounts is the best feature Filezilla offers. Site manager offers a quick and easy solution to connecting to your regular site accounts. Filezilla is very well supported and is highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

As Filezilla is a heavy weight FTP client it is over-encumbered with a lot of complicated tools and options that most first time users may find daunting. However, the user interface is a minor dislike to the many positive features Filezilla offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From all free-to-use FTP clients that are on offer, Filezilla is my recommended choice.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Filezilla is used by each of my colleagues and we find the consistency beneficial when working collaboratively.

FileZilla review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"My go to FTP client that just works"

What do you like best?

The FileZilla FTP client is very reliable and has a bunch of great tools for connecting and save connections. It can also configure your connection very precisely. You can choose to have files overwritten automatically or set certain conditions for overwriting, which is great to protect your files and not waste time transferring files you already have.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about FileZilla. Compared to lots of FTP clients out, this one has more features and tends to transfer files more quickly - especially compared to free or low cost FTP clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since this software is free, you should give it a try to see if it makes sense for you. If you frequently need to transfer files to and from your web server, then it doesn't get much better than FileZilla. It's been around a long time and is trusted. It's one of the most reliable web tools we use.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can transfer files easily without having to log into our web host and using the transfer tools there. Unlike those tools, we can transfer many files at a time with FileZilla. We can save time from having to navigate to the local folders we want by just dragging and dropping files from Windows Explorer into the destination folder in FileZilla.

FileZilla review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great choice transfer many files quickly and easily"

What do you like best?

FilzeZilla is one of the most reliable I've used. It doesn't take a long time to download it and connect to your server. Once in, you can keep your web location saved for future one-click connections. You can drag and drop files right into the folders online and that'll the start the upload - or vice versa when doing a download. I like that this software is free, but has many configurations settings and features for all our needs. It doesn't take long to learn and there on online materials available to help you figure things out.

What do you dislike?

The transfer of certain files won't go through from time to time, but I don't usually see any error messages that can help me figure out why it's not going through. Overall though, there isn't much to dislike about FileZilla.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For free software, this is an amazing value. I think it's hard to find any FTP client like this out there, especially free software. If you want something that just works and you don't have to spend a lot time figuring things out, then FileZilla is a great web transfer tool to have.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can connect to our server and transfer files securely without having to log into our web hosting console. We don't have to spend money on extra software or subscription services to do all the things FileZilla can do for free. We can get people to use the software quickly without much training, so if files need to be uploaded or downloaded, we can have pretty much anyone do it.

FileZilla review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Reliable and free FTP file manager with convenient options"

What do you like best?

I love that this FTP program is free and has lot of great features to get me connected to my web files quickly. I can save many different connections and either bookmark certain paths within a website or globally. So I can easily connect with just one click. I can also quickly navigation recently visited folder through a drop down tab. So that saves time from having to click through folders or type out a path.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike much because it generally runs well. It can disconnect abruptly at times and/or stop a download session, which can be annoying because I lose track of what's been downloaded. Even if I resume a download, some files may not have downloaded or uploaded completely, which means I risk having some corrupted or incomplete files if I don't restart the whole transfer session.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great free tool for anyone or company to have. It's reliable and has many convenient tools to make using it over and over again quick and easy.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I can manage all our web files and files in general with easy in one concise central location. I'm able to watch in real time what's going on with transfers and can usually set a transfer session and leave it without worrying about problems most of the time.

FileZilla review by User in Internet
User in Internet
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Easy to use and set up"

What do you like best?

In the past year while using File zilla I haven't come across any issues with using their services. Installing, set up and launching was relatively straight forward. Transferring SFTP files using Windows is pretty fast . The ability to connect with remote servers, git,etc is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

User Interface is very basic and could use some improvements. I guess for this type of service the "attractiveness" is not very important, but it wouldn't hurt. Transfer speed is a little slower when using a Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good product and is easy to use. I'm positive it will satisfy all your basic product requirements without over complicating things. It's definitely worth a try.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Connecting to remote servers (i.e Data Warehouse, Exact target,etc) for secure transferring of our data.

FileZilla review by User
User
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Very intuitive and easy to use tool for FTP transfers"

What do you like best?

This FTP program is very simple yet has many features that make it more advanced than other similar programs. I can drag and drop files directly into web folders, type in folder paths so I don't have to click around too much to navigate. I like being able to save locations and add bookmarks that lead to specific folder, either globally or just for particular websites. Full transfer details can be seen in real time so you know where you're at in the transfer and can see when certain files didn't transfer. Being free is a strong plus.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I forget the settings that allow uploads or downloads to overwrite files and accidentally overwrite files. I guess that's mostly my fault though since they have conditions on whether to overwrite, like if a file is not the same size or has a different date. Not much to dislike otherwise.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since this is free software, you should try it since it's pretty easy to use and can handle most of your transfer jobs quickly. It might be a bit complicated for the less technical, but once connections are set up, it's pretty easy to navigate and transfer.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We can transfer files quickly and easily to update websites or get files online whenever we need. Using FileZilla beats standard web hosting file manager that often don't let you transfer files in bulk. We're able to just transfer a bunch of files at once and then do other things while we wait for it to finish.

FileZilla review by Jacob J.
Jacob J.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"Filezilla is the best way to FTP"

What do you like best?

Filezilla creates an awesome easy to use user interface for FTP. It also stores the information for later access so you don't have to remember all of the login credentials. I still have a backup file with all of the login info that customers have provided but most of the time I have no issues with Filezilla remembering everything for me. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the best part. It is free to use!

What do you dislike?

It has frequent updates and tries to force them upon you. You don't have to update, but it normally works out better if you did. I have also ran into a few FTP sites from customers that did not work. Usually this is if they are using an extremely antiquated system. The odds of it not working in Filezilla is rare though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free. Try it, if you don't like it then uninstall it. It's that easy.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

This is the most used software for FTP and I highly recommend it to everyone for its ease of use and ability to store information.

FileZilla review by Roman S.
Roman S.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My go-to FTP Client"

What do you like best?

Can have multiple connections open in multiple tabs. Allows you to delete entire folders and deletes files inside. Can drag-drop from file explorer to FTP server

What do you dislike?

I've had some issues in the past connecting to some FTP servers, but I think it was really more of an issue with the server than the FileZilla client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many years ago I found the paid version of WS FTP more useful, but I haven't used that in a few years and I've found FileZilla more than an adequate free tool to do everything I need with FTP.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Being able to put files on different FTP servers from my computer. Can easily have several server connections readily available in multiple tabs. Can back-up and restore connection settings for all the sites I've setup

FileZilla review by Jasper H.
Jasper H.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"My Go To FTP Solution"

What do you like best?

For the client, the site management is very nice, having multiple sessions at once is good and handling simultaneous connections is a must for large uploads/downloads.

For the server-side, user management is easy and setup was fast.

What do you dislike?

Constantly being bugged about upgrading the application on the client-side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great client and server solutions for free. I found all the support I needed in the community of users.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

File transfer to external servers, both as a client and server.

FileZilla review by Richard R.
Richard R.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"The best choice for FTP software"

What do you like best?

The software is quick, easy and frequently receives updates as needed. Another big plus is that I can use it on multiple platforms and share my config file between all of the installations so I do not need to enter my specifics into each installation.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of a downside to Filezilla. I have been through MANY options for both Windows and Mac and Filezilla remains my client of choice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solid and reliable FTP client, look no further than FileZilla. I have been a FileZilla user for years and have yet to be let down.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I frequently am required to upload firmware files to devices and download software updates from remote servers. The quickest way to do both of these thing is via FTP, which Filezilla handles flawlessly.

FileZilla review by Brianna D.
Brianna D.
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Great free FTP program!"

What do you like best?

FileZilla is very easy to use and it transfers files quickly.

What do you dislike?

It's separated from the IDE I use to edit code. I prefer to transfer files while editing them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering using a separate FTP program and not utilizing the FTP in your IDE, I would definitely suggest using FileZilla. Even if you choose to use your IDE to transfer a few files here and there (it'll be more convenient) I'd suggest uploading lots of files (thousands) through FileZilla because it'll be much quicker.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

FileZilla is very useful in my field because I need to transfer files to/from a server pretty much on a daily basis. I generally use it for transferring files from a local environment to a development/staging server because it transfers tons of files quickly.

FileZilla review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware
Validated Reviewer
Review Source

"Vital tool for ease of business"

What do you like best?

FileZilla makes it very easy for my business to transfer sales order reports to our business partner. Our business partner is able to automate their order in-take based on the FTP feed. The FileZilla solution allows my organization to meet our contractual requirements with our business partner with ease.

What do you dislike?

FileZilla has occasional connection issues. I also experience a log-in problem after I have re-set my corporate password (every 90 days). FileZilla sometimes saves older passwords that result in a delayed log-in. Additionally, the software frequently requires updates which can be a burden when a file needs to be transmitted quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FileZilla is the leading FTP client in the market. I strongly suggest giving it a try.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I am using FileZilla multiple times daily to transmit sales order reports to a business partner. The business partner can "book" the order and royalty based on the data transmitted using FileZilla. If I was not using an FTP client like FilleZilla, all sales order reports would need to be sent via e-mail. FileZilla dramatically simplifies the process for my organization.

FileZilla review by Rod W.
Rod W.
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"The only FTP client I use"

What do you like best?

Does what' it's supposed to. Transfer files. User interface is good, multiple connection, synchronize local folders with remote is great, and the price is right!

What do you dislike?

Not much. The number of horizontal and vertical splitter bars can make the UI a little awkward, but that's a minor thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can't go wrong with FileZilla. It's an FTP client - and it does it well.

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

Website updates, file transfers, product uploads etc. It's a FTP client - I use it to move files around.

FileZilla review by User in Marketing and Advertising
User in Marketing and Advertising
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"File Transfer Protocol"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to upload multiple files or .zip compressed files at once with file transfer protocol. FileZilla is laid out easily, and is constantly being updated by its developers, creating an up to date file transfer system that is quick and efficient, granted quality upload speeds are provided.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't the most beautiful thing to look at. There are many many updates, granted they usually don't take long, but they tend to be quite often, and sometimes create duplicate apps/software versions. It is good you are able to cancel transfers if you should accidentally place a file in the transfer process inappropriately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FileZilla is very easy to install and use, no matter what your web background. For this reason I would recommend this FTP to everyone and anyone

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

We are able to make quick, and significant updates to client websites that we host/run. FileZilla allows me to upload many files at once, replacing whole landing pages, or simple lines of text, depending on what is needed, with ease and confidence.

FileZilla review by User in Higher Education
User in Higher Education
Validated Reviewer
Verified Current User
Review Source

"This software can be useful but only for specific applications"

What do you like best?

I have been using it for a long time. This FTP server performed well and provides many features. The user interface of this FTP server is very spontaneous. It is amazing and is extremely compatible. It is a snap to setup and get running. Plus it has tons of features. I consider it to be the standard for FTP servers on Windows.

What do you dislike?

The more frequent update pop-ups get rather annoying over time.

In addition, FileZilla allows unattended updates to a website via scripts and scheduled tasks (via windows task scheduler).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it at home for a repository or for accessing files if you need something on the fly.

Its always been there for me and will never let you down!

What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?

I have been using FileZilla on my personal server for about half a year as a way to get at my data from and to anywhere in the world. The file structure is fully customizable, user permissions are easy to set up and SFTP is relatively easy to get going.