FIlr

Feels like Dropbox. Acts like Fort Knox.

Work for FIlr?

Learning about FIlr?

FIlr Reviews

Showing 12 FIlr reviews
FIlr review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"Filr review"

What do you like best?

Filr is a goood application for sharing large amounts of data. It allows for the user to send an invite to the one receiving the document, drawing, report, etc. The one (or many team members) that are given access to the shared data then can either simply view the info, or they can comment and also contribute to the shared file site. This occurs when the inviting party chooses what level of access the invitee will have. The inviter can also choose a date at which this access ends or it can go on indefinitely for the life of the project as required.

What do you dislike?

When getting ready to send out the invite to the necessary participants, it is not very streamline. You have to go through a few extra steps to have the persons’ emails added into the proper form to send them out as an invite. The problem is that without these extra steps, it appears like you did everything correctly and sent out an invitation to Filr without the recipient ever receiving anything.

Our company is an architectural firm and the bulk of the documents that we produce are huge file, mostly drawings, construction documents. We can share these large files with clients and consultants from the start of the design process, through construction , and then through final completion.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FIlr
FIlr review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Great fast & secure remote access to company on-premise file servers"

What do you like best?

We are using Filr version 2 today. I heard version 3 was just released a week or so ago.

Quick and Secure access to our company on-premise file servers on all my mobile devices. I can also use a browser anywhere in the world and gain access that way. I like that I can share a file to a customer outside of our company and its shared in a very secure manner. I can see ALL the files and folders on the company servers, but its smart enough to only download the files I touch.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could have our company logo on the GUI interface of the mobile clients and on the web browser sessions instead of seeing the Micro Focus logo everywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to conduct a Demo or PoC of it, it is an amazing solution on your mobile devices and for sharing a file(s) to a customer through an email message with a link to your company Filr service.

Gives me and all employees very quick and secure access to our company file servers from anywhere at any time while away from the office desktop. I can find a file very quickly though the Filr GUI interface

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

FIlr review by Aaron D.
Aaron D.

"Good Software to Replace Dropbox"

What do you like best?

If you are worried about someone else hosting your cloud storage then you are in luck. Novell Filr is a great tool to use for cloud storage. This software is well encrypted and great to use. Very similar to Dropbox and Microsoft Onedrive.

What do you dislike?

The fact that you have to have Novell products to use this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this instead of Dropbox

Saving files to the server while traveling.

FIlr review by Avery L.
Avery L.

"Great Tool - Lacks some features"

What do you like best?

I used Novell Flir while working in my university IT department. Its a good tool and setup is pretty straight forward. Our staff and students (Especially CS students) used it for managing our shared file spaces.

What do you dislike?

For our needs I think the tool was a bit overkill. At $4500/user it seems a bit ridiculous when a large majority of our users were able to meet their needs simply by mapping network drives. I don't know if this has changed but at the time Flir was not cross-platform which made the idea to invest in this software seem like a bad idea to me considering a large number of our users utilized Mac OS and Linux based OSes.

It also lacks these features found in other products:

-IAAS (AWS)

-Multi - Tenancy

-Document Quick edit

-File Locking

-Outlook Integration

-Google Drive integration

-Audit Reports

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, just make sure that it aligns with your needs.

Like I said, it got the job done and as far as stability goes it was very reliable.

FIlr review by Shane F.
Shane F.

"Great enterprise alternative to Dropbox for educational institutions."

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Access to folders for work while being at home.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. Updates have been great simplified, so that's a plus.

Access to folders outside of work. Also through web interface if I don't want client installed or don't have a work provided machine.

FIlr review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"The B2B Solution for Marketers"

What do you like best?

It enabled me and our IT staff to determine which users are allowed to share files, which files they can share, and with whom they can share them.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the plugins for outlook and gmail. It was very cumbersome to enable.

The plugins aren't the greatest in terms of implementation. Determine what add-ons are best for your business and that should help determine a fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up all of your segments and folders first.

It gives users access to all their files and shared network folders from any device or location. It makes work mobility possible.

FIlr review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Filr - On Premise Dropbox Alternative"

What do you like best?

Allows for the user of an on-premise storage solution similar to DropBox / Google Drive, etc.

What do you dislike?

Upgrades can be time consuming as there is no in-place option when moving from version to version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each new version the product keeps getting better. For a VM environment keep in mind that upgrades do require a new VM to be put in place. The storage from one VM can be moved as opposed to copied.

The ability for laptop users to be able to access and sync their data to corporate systems.

FIlr review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"FIlr"

What do you like best?

I feel this software is easier to use and quicker than VPN.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to edit the document and have it go right to the drive but I understand it's not VPN.

Access to shared drives. When unable to get a good VPN connection this tool is much easier for employees.

FIlr review by User in Higher Education

"Frustrating more often than not"

What do you like best?

Novell is flexible and can be powerful if taken the time to learn its robust capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Learning this program was a task and could easily turn away most people.

Part of what we use it for is creating universal images for our company that allows for easier reimaging of our machines

FIlr review by User

"Central Location "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that ALL files are in one place! So convenient.

What do you dislike?

The ease of use is a restriction. Kind of difficult to learn.

There are challenges with mobile use. I'm always on the go. So this is imperative.

FIlr review by User

"Simple file sharing"

What do you like best?

Clean and stable system. Easy to use interface.

What do you dislike?

The desktop app could do with some work.

Used to store data and easily share with 3rd party partners. Stable and secure cloud

FIlr review by User in Package/Freight Delivery
User in Package/Freight Delivery

"Fillr Review"

What do you like best?

The easiness or using the product during transactions

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to load during transactions sometimes

Buying quicker for purchases

Learning about FIlr?

* We monitor all FIlr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.