Final Draft

Organizing your story has never been easier with the Final Draft 9 Navigator. No longer just a Scene Navigator, the new Navigator also displays ScriptNotes and Characters arcs.

Work for Final Draft?
Pdfelement 2x

Learning about Final Draft?

Compare Final Draft to Similar Solutions

Final Draft Reviews

Showing 14 Final Draft reviews
Final Draft review by <span>Josh H.</span>
Josh H.

Lot's of great features, but overwhelming at the same time

What do you like best?

It's great that your script can be tied into soooooo many different tools to help produce the film, not just write. Trying to do all things like breakdowns, shot lists, etc separately would be a nightmare.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how complicated it is. I feel like I need to go to college to learn how all the tools like the navigator work and I need to have a dictionary available to know what the labels mean. I'm sure a very experienced writer would get it, but not me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not super experienced, there are many other writing tools out there that are easier and more simple to use. This has everything, but it's not very useful unless you know the lingo and how to use it.

I'm trying to write a short film/demo. Well, with FinalDraft 9 I haven't realized any really. There are simpler script writing tools out there.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Final Draft
Final Draft review by <span>Helen M.</span>
Helen M.

Best software for creative writing

What do you like best?

The various templates, I have personally used the Stageplay and Screenplay templates the most and can attest that they are industry standard.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing. It's a well designed piece of software!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the price, perfect for any creative writers, particularly for Scripts, Screenplays and Novels. Well produced tutorial videos allow you to get a basic understand of the software in a matter of minutes, and while it is geared towards creative industry professionals, the ease of use and industry standard formatting are great for someone who is just starting out as a writer.

The templates are all industry standard, so regardless of personal experience my work will at least always look professional! The story map and beats function allows me to write in a non-linear way, but still keep everything organized.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Final Draft review by <span>Samuel L.</span>
Samuel L.

Final Draft is the premier screenwriting platform

What do you like best?

Final Draft is the leading screenwriting software ... and for good reason. Professionals and novices alike choose Final Draft because of how deep the platform is, and how versatile it can be. It's a great piece of software but does take some time to get used to and to learn how to properly use.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve for using Final Draft is unlike any other screenwriting software, but is worth it to learn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Final Draft is the cornerstone screenwriting software. This is what professionals have and will continue to use for screenplays.

Writing screenplays, stageplays, and television scripts inside of Final Draft has made the process simple. You can draft and produce a professional piece right from your laptop or desktop computer because of how intricate and advanced Final Draft can get. If you're looking for the professional software that other screenwriters use, you'll want to choose Final Draft!

Final Draft review by <span>Spencre E.</span>
Spencre E.

I love it for writing not planning

What do you like best?

The character recognition when your writing and how formatting is just an afterthought. the software really allows pure creativity in writing.

What do you dislike?

There are sometimes issues with saving files- I once lost an entire beat board with it. Customer service kind of helped, but the loss really affected my deadline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

fix all the bugs and I would love final draft forever.

Formatting my scripts when I write screenplays.

Final Draft review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

Final Draft Is A Great Scriptwriting Software

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up dialogue in Final Draft. From outlining to storyboarding and keeping a full array of notes, Final Draft has it all! It is especially important to document all of your pre-production processes and I feel like Final Draft gives you the ability to easily do so. Definitely consider trailing or watching video tutorials of Final Draft before making a decision to purchase a different screenwriting software. I am sure that a thorough vetting of the available screenwriting softwares will give Final Draft the edge. A must use product!

What do you dislike?

Final Draft is a bit intricate and takes some time to used to, but ultimately proves to be a great screenwriting software. The fact that Final Draft has a higher learning curve simply proves that its superior to most screenwriting software. It is rich with important information and easy-to-learn keyboard shortcuts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Final Draft for all upcoming screenwriters who are trying to take their writing game to the next level. This product makes it easy to document your entire outlining process while you continue to write drafts of your script. You can also write specific types of scripts like A/V and film. It's worth taking a deeper look into Final Draft if you are between two different types of screenwriting software. I highly recommend this screenwriting software!

I am simply attempting to streamline my entire screenwriting process.

Final Draft review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

Must have as it is the industry standard for professional screenwriters.

What do you like best?

It is very very easy to use. Just open a document and you have the right format to write your screenplay. The correct font, margin and abbreviations are right there. You do not need a tutorial as is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I had to buy a new final draft when I got my new computer as the older version wouldn't work. And is a little bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Final Draft is the tool you need if you want to write a script. Like they said you just need to add the words.

When we started writing scripts we used to use microsoft word because it was the software we had available at that time but the script didn't look professional enough and it took as for ever to make a good template. It was very time consuming and the final product didn't great. Everything changed when we started to used final draft. The process of actually writing the script became much easier, we saved a lot of time and the final product looked much better. We used these software two write 2 scripts two feature films that premiere in theatres in 2007 and 2014 and many shortfilms and scripts that still in development.

Learning about Final Draft?

* We monitor all Final Draft reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Final Draft to Similar Solutions