Financial Edge NXT

Financial Edge NXT is the first-of-its-kind cloud accounting solution for nonprofits thats intuitive, reliable, and built exactly the way nonprofits want it. It is advanced technology with powerful reporting tools to help your accounting team drive efficiency, transparency, and financial stewardship while enabling you to seamlessly manage transactions, eliminate manual processes, and securely share information in an instant.

Work for Financial Edge NXT?
Netsuitefornonprofits nonprofitaccounting  2x

Learning about Financial Edge?

Financial Edge NXT Reviews

Ask Financial Edge a Question
Showing 20 Financial Edge reviews
Financial Edge review by <span>Julia S.</span>
Julia S.

Much improved interface, still waiting for full functionality

What do you like best?

The ease of reporting and finding information about payments, vendors, accounts, etc. in FE NXT is almost worth the price alone.

What do you dislike?

FE NXT is still in the process of adding functionality, so there are a number of accounting tasks that still need to be completed in the old interface, which is clunky and outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration with Raiser's Edge is a huge timesaver for us - it avoids a lot of double-entry and allows for easy reconciliation of contribution revenues. I don't know that we would have chosen this product if we weren't also using Raiser's Edge, but it's a very full-featured software package, with the ability to scale and customize to some extent through the addition of other modules.

Upgrading to RE NXT was really our primary motivation, and since we use both RE and FE, it was cheaper to upgrade both than just one. Even though we thought the old FE interface was just fine, there are some very nice advantages to FE NXT. One of my favorites is reports with active links to the underlying journal entries and accounts, so it's easy to drill down and find more information when needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Financial Edge NXT
Financial Edge review by <span>Jennifer J.</span>
Jennifer J.

FE NXT review

What do you like best?

There are many things that I like about FE NXT. I use the report feature the most and love the chart organizer. It is much easier and faster to create/change chart templates for financial reports. I setup templates according to grantee requirements to make grant reporting consistent year after year. The audit process is smoother as we can export reports formatted for Excel data.

What do you dislike?

All of the modules are not in FE NXT, this sometimes can be frustrating for staff as they would much rather work in NXT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Financial Edge NXT for all non profits!

We are saving staff time with better reporting and search capabilities. We are now able to reconcile our bank accounts faster by downloading bank feeds on a daily basis.

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

Financial Edge review by <span>Dave H.</span>
Dave H.

Powerful Intuitive Cloud-based system

What do you like best?

I like the interface and the framework organization. I like that the development team is wide open for interaction as they develop the system further. And I have found the support to be very responsive and also skilled.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the screen layout can be too spacious, which leads to a lot of scrolling. And something that is symptomatic of cloud computing in general - when it slows down, it can be difficult to pinpoint the causes.

One of my primary responsibilities is reporting, and I have found the reporting tools in FE NXT to be much more flexible and usable than our prior, very outdated system. My report generating time per month has probably dropped at least 20% because I am doing a lot less manual excel arrangements.

Financial Edge review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

Financial Edge NXT

What do you like best?

The new browser based (NXT) view is vastly more intuitive than the database view. If you are just trying to generate a quick report, the NXT view will get you going much more quickly.

What do you dislike?

The NXT view is not fully fleshed out yet. New features seem to be constantly trickling in but it's not all the way there yet. Not every function in database view can be done in NXT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have some patience as Financial Edge NXT isn't fully fleshed out yet. Their implementation consultants are also not the best, which can be frustrating.

We transitioned to Financial NXT from Quickbooks to have stronger internal controls to track and monitor government grants. Financial Edge NXT is much more robust in terms of tracking and security.

Financial Edge review by <span>Mark H.</span>
Mark H.

Blackbaud will get it there

What do you like best?

FENXT has an interactive and response web design. Information is presented well and it gives you a nice visual of information.

What do you dislike?

The site just isn't built out completely, so users must continue to use the database view to perform daily tasks. Each month there are improvements rolled out, however, so it's going in the right direction.

Getting easy visuals on data and spending is incredibly helpful. It has also made us realize that our data needed some cleanup - which is never a bad thing.

Financial Edge review by <span>Michelle W.</span>
Michelle W.

Financial Cloud Nine

What do you like best?

I can log into FE NXT quickly no matter where I am for easy access to our finances. I don't have to be tied to my desk or computer or deal with a clunky remote connection to get into the system.

What do you dislike?

Accounts Receivable isn't available in NXT just yet, so I have to switch to database view to get that info for now.

We have begun making program staff responsible for budget monitoring. NXT's dashboards make financial information accessible to non-financial staff.

Learning about Financial Edge NXT?

* We monitor all Financial Edge NXT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.