Financial Edge NXT

Financial Edge NXT is the first-of-its-kind cloud accounting solution for nonprofits thats intuitive, reliable, and built exactly the way nonprofits want it. It is advanced technology with powerful reporting tools to help your accounting team drive efficiency, transparency, and financial stewardship while enabling you to seamlessly manage transactions, eliminate manual processes, and securely share information in an instant.

Work for Financial Edge NXT?

Learning about Financial Edge NXT?

Financial Edge NXT Reviews

Ask Financial Edge NXT a Question
Showing 20 Financial Edge NXT reviews
Financial Edge review by <span>Julia S.</span>
Julia S.

"Much improved interface, still waiting for full functionality"

What do you like best?

The ease of reporting and finding information about payments, vendors, accounts, etc. in FE NXT is almost worth the price alone.

What do you dislike?

FE NXT is still in the process of adding functionality, so there are a number of accounting tasks that still need to be completed in the old interface, which is clunky and outdated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The integration with Raiser's Edge is a huge timesaver for us - it avoids a lot of double-entry and allows for easy reconciliation of contribution revenues. I don't know that we would have chosen this product if we weren't also using Raiser's Edge, but it's a very full-featured software package, with the ability to scale and customize to some extent through the addition of other modules.

Upgrading to RE NXT was really our primary motivation, and since we use both RE and FE, it was cheaper to upgrade both than just one. Even though we thought the old FE interface was just fine, there are some very nice advantages to FE NXT. One of my favorites is reports with active links to the underlying journal entries and accounts, so it's easy to drill down and find more information when needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Financial Edge NXT
Financial Edge NXT review by <span>Jennifer J.</span>
Jennifer J.

"FE NXT review"

What do you like best?

There are many things that I like about FE NXT. I use the report feature the most and love the chart organizer. It is much easier and faster to create/change chart templates for financial reports. I setup templates according to grantee requirements to make grant reporting consistent year after year. The audit process is smoother as we can export reports formatted for Excel data.

What do you dislike?

All of the modules are not in FE NXT, this sometimes can be frustrating for staff as they would much rather work in NXT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Financial Edge NXT for all non profits!

We are saving staff time with better reporting and search capabilities. We are now able to reconcile our bank accounts faster by downloading bank feeds on a daily basis.

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

Financial Edge review by <span>Dave H.</span>
Dave H.

"Powerful Intuitive Cloud-based system "

What do you like best?

I like the interface and the framework organization. I like that the development team is wide open for interaction as they develop the system further. And I have found the support to be very responsive and also skilled.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the screen layout can be too spacious, which leads to a lot of scrolling. And something that is symptomatic of cloud computing in general - when it slows down, it can be difficult to pinpoint the causes.

One of my primary responsibilities is reporting, and I have found the reporting tools in FE NXT to be much more flexible and usable than our prior, very outdated system. My report generating time per month has probably dropped at least 20% because I am doing a lot less manual excel arrangements.

Financial Edge review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Financial Edge NXT "

What do you like best?

The new browser based (NXT) view is vastly more intuitive than the database view. If you are just trying to generate a quick report, the NXT view will get you going much more quickly.

What do you dislike?

The NXT view is not fully fleshed out yet. New features seem to be constantly trickling in but it's not all the way there yet. Not every function in database view can be done in NXT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have some patience as Financial Edge NXT isn't fully fleshed out yet. Their implementation consultants are also not the best, which can be frustrating.

We transitioned to Financial NXT from Quickbooks to have stronger internal controls to track and monitor government grants. Financial Edge NXT is much more robust in terms of tracking and security.

Financial Edge NXT review by <span>Mark H.</span>
Mark H.

"Blackbaud will get it there"

What do you like best?

FENXT has an interactive and response web design. Information is presented well and it gives you a nice visual of information.

What do you dislike?

The site just isn't built out completely, so users must continue to use the database view to perform daily tasks. Each month there are improvements rolled out, however, so it's going in the right direction.

Getting easy visuals on data and spending is incredibly helpful. It has also made us realize that our data needed some cleanup - which is never a bad thing.

Financial Edge NXT review by <span>Michelle W.</span>
Michelle W.

"Financial Cloud Nine"

What do you like best?

I can log into FE NXT quickly no matter where I am for easy access to our finances. I don't have to be tied to my desk or computer or deal with a clunky remote connection to get into the system.

What do you dislike?

Accounts Receivable isn't available in NXT just yet, so I have to switch to database view to get that info for now.

We have begun making program staff responsible for budget monitoring. NXT's dashboards make financial information accessible to non-financial staff.

Financial Edge review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Promising Developments"

What do you like best?

It is much easier to process journal entries, and reconcile our bank statements

What do you dislike?

When setting up new account numbers some of the full G/L account numbers are tied to a specific project code, yet when setting up these accounts I can not put in the project code as a default to an account number the way we can with Transaction Codes. Also I would like to be able to post checks in our bank reconciliations as they clear the bank instead of having to wait until month end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use PaperSave in conjunction with Financial Edge, and use Blackbaud's hosted environment, make sure you have a fast internet connection. Using PaperSave, saves time and money as we no longer pay for storage of paper documents (ie Invoices, Copies of Checks, Purchase Orders) It allows us to quickly look up and share documentation with our auditors, no longer do we spend hours filing paperwork in file cabinets, and preparing offsite document storage at Year-end, If we are researching a transactions we can go right from the Journal Entry to a transaction to an invoice and pull it up on-screen instead of sifting thru filing cabinets, documents that are yet to be filed or items that may have been moved to off-site storage.

Monthly Financials, reporting specialty reports based on Project Codes, Faster monthly bank account reconciliation.

Financial Edge NXT review by Administrator

"Web based financial solution that needs more digital development to truest replace FE"

What do you like best?

FENxt allows for you to view most of your financial information and generate great reports.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software was a full replacement to the database view. Allowing for one to not have to go into the Citrix view

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great software, but make sure you are getting trained on using this software. Lack of PD will make/break the implementation.

We use this to control all of our financial aspects of our non profit business.

Financial Edge review by <span>Phil S.</span>
Phil S.

"Nice Product - Should Continue to Improve"

What do you like best?

Existing integration with existing Blackbaud. Mobility.

What do you dislike?

Implementation & conversion team could have been better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on the existing CRM/GL environment preparing for the increase in budget may be necessary.

Mobility, user friendly for younger staff

Financial Edge review by User

"The Financial Edge/Blackbaud"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, saved/canned reports for ease of review

What do you dislike?

Extremely specific and complicated - not the most intuitive software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind this is coming from a sales guy, but I find TFE to be difficult to use and clunky overall

It may be a more internal issue, but I find the Financial Edge to be entirely too specific and inflexible for simple searching/reporting

Financial Edge NXT review by User in Higher Education

"Prospect researcher/Advancement services"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and availability of online mobile access. Especially handy when we are on campus and need immediate acces to FE information.

What do you dislike?

Unable to customize reports. As the backend data person this is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product but with all the NXT products there is still some functionality that needs to be figured. At the moment the scholarship software doesn't integrate well.

Mobility issues. We work at a foundation supporting university but we are 'seperate'. Sharing information with dreads, the university president, and other university management has always been frustrating. This has solved some issues with meeting preparedness.

Financial Edge NXT review by <span>Richard W.</span>
Richard W.

"First Impressions for a new NXT User"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the Raiser's Edge integration that creates a streamlined line of data from Advancement Offices to Business Offices

What do you dislike?

The Dashboards need to be stronger and more comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you currently use Raiser's Edge, Financial Edge is the perfect integration for both systems.

The main problem we solved with the transition of data from Advancement Office to Business office. There is no room for variables with this integration

Financial Edge NXT review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"useful took for the finance team specially if you also have Raiser's Edge NXT"

What do you like best?

integrated well with RE NXT with the lick of a button and eliminates double work between RE and FE

What do you dislike?

the costs of the whole package goes up significantly compared to the non-NXT version and needs user training

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great product but make sure to evaluate if it fits your needs and company structure

saves a ton of time and eliminates duplicate entries between FE and primary donor database

Financial Edge NXT review by <span>Kim H.</span>
Kim H.

"FE NXT"

What do you like best?

Ability to share views with fundraisers, board members, etc.

What do you dislike?

We are still in the testing phase -- haven't worked with it long enough to know what I dislike.

Allowing to better track and report at the project/fund level.

Financial Edge review by <span>Lakeisha B.</span>
Lakeisha B.

"."

What do you like best?

I really like the robust presentation and user friendliness

What do you dislike?

I wish crystal reports was a feature because I enjoy creating customizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend upgrading to this product to take your organization to the next level

Accurate reporting

Financial Edge NXT review by <span>Bruce T.</span>
Bruce T.

"CFO"

What do you like best?

Speed at which I get information to my program directors.

What do you dislike?

Functionality is not as robust as classic view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Faster deployment of new tools.

Taking away excuses from program directors and providing accountability for them to manage their programs.

Financial Edge NXT review by User

"New user, not very skilled or experienced"

What do you like best?

I'm not the prime user for NXT, which is to say I'm not our accountant. But I like the integration between RE and FE, and the NXT part is a nice bonus.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like because I'm not the primary FE NXT user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this for the RE integration.

Financial management of our nonprofit. The primary benefit is the RE integration.

Financial Edge NXT review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"FE NXT....the next step to ease of use."

What do you like best?

Love that you can access through the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Not all feature sets are built out yet but the ones that are built out are great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great upgrade but know that you will need to continue to use the database version alongside for full feature functionality as they build it out.

Much easier access for our view only users to look into information and run reports.

Financial Edge NXT review by User in Higher Education

"Great"

What do you like best?

The modern look and ease of access from anyway. Great built in dashboards

What do you dislike?

That not every piece is available in web view yet

Ability to attach invoice documentation easily. Preloaded dashboards are great as well as drill down capabilities

Financial Edge review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Fe"

What do you like best?

Ease of entry and reporting and user friendly

What do you dislike?

Not easy to correct errors Maybe it is just lack of training

Data entry errors

Learning about Financial Edge NXT?

* We monitor all Financial Edge NXT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.