G2 Crowd builds the world's largest business commerce platform fueled by $100M in funding ­čÜÇ

FirstData

Work for FirstData?

Learning about FirstData?

FirstData Reviews

Showing 9 FirstData reviews
FirstData review by Emily Anderson S.
Emily Anderson S.

"Easy payment processing for first time users"

What do you like best?

The reps at FirstData are great with walking you through their platform. They are prompt in answering calls and never try to up sell different products. The platform was easy to use and I feel confident when processing large payments with FirstData.

What do you dislike?

The platform could be improved and updated visually but other than that, I have no complaints!

Larger payment processing platforms can be a nightmare to navigate. FirstData allows me to put payment processing in my own hands. The platform helps me to work on my own terms and get things done very quickly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FirstData
FirstData review by Amy O.
Amy O.

"First Data review worked for me but we moved on"

What do you like best?

I liked being able to quickly run a transaction with out pulling up the customers account and keep them waiting

What do you dislike?

After a while the machine was so slow it was embarrassing....people always thought their credit card wasn't working because of the wait... sometimes we would have to re run the card because it would time out

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it BUT after using Square- i would recommend square before recommending first data

We realized we definitely like the function of being able to swipe and go but wanting to find another company that offered the same thing but we wanted to move on from first data. We ended up with Square instead and cancelled our contract.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

FirstData review by Javier Monta├▒ez B.
Javier Monta├▒ez B.

"Reliable Application"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that the application is fast and rarely presents problems. I was able to pull up customers accounts and deal with operational problems in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say that I don't dislike anything about the application. While others present problems and crash constantly FDR consistently stays working 100%

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this applications to different companies in the banking industry since its reliable and effective. Could solve numerous problems that clients may have on their accounts.

FDR has helped me deal with different situations in the way that it has given me the tools to apply credits and complete transfers to clients account in an efective and timely manner.

FirstData review by Gayatri A.
Gayatri A.

"A full stack payment solution provider"

What do you like best?

They cater to all levels of businesses and also suit various feature requirements - including PCI Compliance Solutions, Card on File.

What do you dislike?

For new merchants its sometimes not clear which is the best way to contact support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

First Data is a hassle free Payment Solution Provider that carters to most business needs. Their PCI compliant solutions allow small business to go online safely. They have a very knowledgable team working behind - though sometimes, you will need to know the right way to get to them. Yes, it is a bit on the pricey side and there is a bit of paper work to be done to get signed up but, it is worth it for the smooth service that you will get for years. We have been using their services for almost a decade now and have also integrated their solutions into various eCommerce platforms. The best part is that they are constantly upgrading their systems and solutions.

We have used First Data to support customer requirements such as capture payments on shipment, card on file, partial payments.

FirstData review by Amanda w.
Amanda w.

"Easy to operate"

What do you like best?

I like how simple the POS system works and how fast and convenient it is for myself and the customers I assist with card payments.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are hard to find and the reprint option can be difficult when you don't know the last sequence number

We tale card payments using the POS system for bill pays and store sales. Its beneficial because we can take card payments and not just cash.

FirstData review by Aly W.
Aly W.

"Great tool, but can be slow"

What do you like best?

I like that this device gives us the ability to accept payment methods other than cash.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it processes payments slowly.

it gives us more business by being able to accept more than cash

FirstData review by User in Internet

"The security features seem outstanding, especially end-to-end encryption for optimal data security"

What do you like best?

We have to say "yes" to almost everything, because First Data does have it all plus some. Some Award winning features are its Software Compatibility, Alternative Transaction Types, Security / Fraud Prevention,

What do you dislike?

First Data doesn't provide a single bit of financial information on their site. In fact, i had a difficult time even finding their fine print. We couldn't find it linked on their site, so we conducted a search and found the information in a PDF file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please check Pricing beforehand.

Payment Processing.

FirstData review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Pretty easy to use and understand and does what it's supposed to.

What do you dislike?

The cost seems excessive and the lease is terrible.

If you accept credit cards, companies like this one are obviously necessary. Will continue to search for a better company when our lease is finished.

FirstData review by Consultant in Cosmetics
Consultant in Cosmetics

"A simpler, smarter and reliable Gift card payment service."

What do you like best?

secure algorithm for payment which leads to less fraud chances

What do you dislike?

Complex algorithm logic to integrate FirstData into 3rd party platform like Demandware.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has very strong payment algorithm which lead to less payment frauds.

gift card service

Learning about FirstData?

* We monitor all FirstData reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.