FirstRain by Ignite

2.5

FirstRain by Ignite delivers Enterprise Customer Intelligence that makes every sales and marketing professional an expert in their customer's business and in their market

Work for FirstRain by Ignite?

Learning about FirstRain by Ignite?

FirstRain by Ignite Reviews

Ask FirstRain by Ignite a Question
Showing 4 FirstRain by Ignite reviews
FirstRain by Ignite review by Jack N.
Jack N.

"Amazing marketing insights"

What do you like best?

First Rain allows me to look up each account I have to see what is happening in the industry around them that I can then use as a conversation starter. As a business development rep. it is often tough to keep people on the phone, and by using First Rain I am able to bring up topics that intrigue the potential clients.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I am very happy with First Rain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely. First Rain provided me with a great insight on potential clients. I would recommend this product to anyone in sales or business development.

I am finding it easier to keep potential clients intrigued and on the phone with me and present myself as "in the loop" and well researched.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FirstRain by Ignite
FirstRain by Ignite review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Excellent News Tool for Tracking Companies and Industries"

What do you like best?

FirstRain has a very well thought out user interface for displaying information. This includes both textual content and graphical displays for drilling into subjects.

They cover over 200,000 companies with high precision business news. They do a good job of filtering out duplicate stories and suppressing non-business content.

The Industry taxonomy is impressive and much deeper than standard SIC and NAICs codes. This allows the user to track industries (and business topics) in a more granular manner. Unlike standard industry code structures, the FirstRain taxonomy covers emerging industries.

The FirstTweet service has a remarkably high level of precision around company and industry tweets. Tweets either directly mention the company or link to websites that discuss the company.

What do you dislike?

When deduping stories, they do not give precedence to the original story. This is particularly evident for press releases. It would be better to send the user to the press release on the company website or the Press Release service than to sites that do little more than republish other people's content.

The executive changes module is not very accurate. They need to add an editorial review team to make sure they have properly tagged the change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While FirstRain would like to sell their service to sales reps, they do not provide sufficient company and executive depth for sales reps. Nevertheless, they make an excellent sales triggers and current awareness tool to supplement sales intelligence vendors that lack these tools.

FirstRain is well suited for competitive intelligence and strategy analysts at companies. They provide high precision news alerts and portal tools for tracking companies, industries, and key business topics.

I use FirstRain for tracking companies and business topics. I have found the tagging precision to be quite high with few instances of false positives. I can also see which are the key topics and drill down accordingly.

What Market Intelligence solution do you use?

FirstRain by Ignite review by Consultant in Publishing
Consultant in Publishing

"Not worth it. There is a lot of software our there to find leads and they are MUCH cheaper."

What do you like best?

Firstrain provides a feed on my competitor, although it is not accurate enough for me to use in my role. The concept is great, but there are a lot of items that don't belong and the contract they proposed was not in my benefit.

What do you dislike?

I actually spoke to some of their competitors and the main thing that bothered me was that they don't use their own software. They said their reps cold call to find business, whereas the competition used their own software to find deals and contacts that they could close. I asked Firstrain about this and they said they can provide a few opportunities per year, but somehow it doesn't justify using their own software to find business? I couldn't come to terms with this.

Competition was only $30 a month and actually gave me some info on contacts as well, so I couldn't justify presenting features for cost to my research team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and look into research software. Your miles may vary depending on usage but a lot of companies out there are multifaceted.

I need to know about changes in the market landscape so I can make sure our sales and marketing strategy are on the same page.

FirstRain by Ignite review by Consultant

"Not very useful, there are better options out there."

What do you like best?

This product pulls news subscriptions and blogs from the web and filters them for you. The best is when they email the brief so I don't have to go into salesforce.

What do you dislike?

This software is very clumsy to use. It was hard to get it going and I ended getting a news feed like Google Alerts. I played with the settings and I just don't find this product useful enough to use. I did end up going with InsideView after a trial because it also gave me intelligence on how to contact a person when I have information. It was the completely package for us. I love InsideView and hoping more people consider it over firstrain.

I don't understand how this company charges twice as much as InsideView and GageIn while have less capabilities. If you do your research there are some good products out there.

Helping our customer understand more of our products.

There are not enough reviews of FirstRain by Ignite for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

iDatalabs Logo
iDatalabs
iDatalabs provides actionable market intelligence by applying data science and machine learning to big data on technology usage by businesses.
SimilarWeb Logo
SimilarWeb
Compare website traffic, discover valuable insights about competitors’ sites and Identify growth opportunities.
PitchBook Logo
PitchBook
Global Private Equity & Venture Capital Data
Factiva Logo
Factiva
3.7
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world.
Digimind Intelligence Logo
Digimind Intelligence
Digimind Intelligence is an enterprise competitive intelligence software that delivers data insights and analysis via its proprietary analytical engine.
Contify Logo
Contify
4.7
Contify accelerates sales with account based social intelligence. We deliver real time social intelligence on companies, decision makers, influencers and executive leadership in your CRM. With account based sales triggers on prospects from NEWS, Blogs, Company Websites, Twitter, Facebook and Youtube, you can communicate with timing and relevancy and delight the buyer. We also offer APIs to help you integrate social intelligence in your sales software.
Crunchbase Enterprise Logo
Crunchbase Enterprise
Crunchbase Enterprise is a data solution designed to enrich Salesforce accounts, analyze the Crunchbase dataset and pinpoint prospects.
CB Insights Logo
CB Insights
The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents, partnerships and news mentions to help see tomorrow's opportunities, today.
Moat Pro Logo
Moat Pro
Moat is a global analytics provider focused on making brands and publishers more effective. From real-time attention metrics and intelligence to cross-platform measurement and new currencies, Moat offers solutions that make branding and storytelling work better.
AMZ Alert Logo
AMZ Alert
AMZAlert is an Amazon seller software that monitors all of your ASINs and sends notifications when problems arise so you can fix them before losing sales.

Learning about FirstRain by Ignite?

* We monitor all FirstRain by Ignite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.