FirstRain by Ignite

FirstRain by Ignite delivers Enterprise Customer Intelligence that makes every sales and marketing professional an expert in their customer's business and in their market

Work for FirstRain by Ignite?

Learning about FirstRain by Ignite?

FirstRain by Ignite Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 3 FirstRain by Ignite reviews
FirstRain by Ignite review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Excellent News Tool for Tracking Companies and Industries"

What do you like best?

FirstRain has a very well thought out user interface for displaying information. This includes both textual content and graphical displays for drilling into subjects.

They cover over 200,000 companies with high precision business news. They do a good job of filtering out duplicate stories and suppressing non-business content.

The Industry taxonomy is impressive and much deeper than standard SIC and NAICs codes. This allows the user to track industries (and business topics) in a more granular manner. Unlike standard industry code structures, the FirstRain taxonomy covers emerging industries.

The FirstTweet service has a remarkably high level of precision around company and industry tweets. Tweets either directly mention the company or link to websites that discuss the company.

What do you dislike?

When deduping stories, they do not give precedence to the original story. This is particularly evident for press releases. It would be better to send the user to the press release on the company website or the Press Release service than to sites that do little more than republish other people's content.

The executive changes module is not very accurate. They need to add an editorial review team to make sure they have properly tagged the change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While FirstRain would like to sell their service to sales reps, they do not provide sufficient company and executive depth for sales reps. Nevertheless, they make an excellent sales triggers and current awareness tool to supplement sales intelligence vendors that lack these tools.

FirstRain is well suited for competitive intelligence and strategy analysts at companies. They provide high precision news alerts and portal tools for tracking companies, industries, and key business topics.

I use FirstRain for tracking companies and business topics. I have found the tagging precision to be quite high with few instances of false positives. I can also see which are the key topics and drill down accordingly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FirstRain by Ignite
FirstRain by Ignite review by Consultant in Publishing
Consultant in Publishing

"Not worth it. There is a lot of software our there to find leads and they are MUCH cheaper."

What do you like best?

Firstrain provides a feed on my competitor, although it is not accurate enough for me to use in my role. The concept is great, but there are a lot of items that don't belong and the contract they proposed was not in my benefit.

What do you dislike?

I actually spoke to some of their competitors and the main thing that bothered me was that they don't use their own software. They said their reps cold call to find business, whereas the competition used their own software to find deals and contacts that they could close. I asked Firstrain about this and they said they can provide a few opportunities per year, but somehow it doesn't justify using their own software to find business? I couldn't come to terms with this.

Competition was only $30 a month and actually gave me some info on contacts as well, so I couldn't justify presenting features for cost to my research team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and look into research software. Your miles may vary depending on usage but a lot of companies out there are multifaceted.

I need to know about changes in the market landscape so I can make sure our sales and marketing strategy are on the same page.

What Market Intelligence solution do you use?

FirstRain by Ignite review by Consultant in Market Research
Consultant in Market Research

"Not very useful, there are better options out there."

What do you like best?

This product pulls news subscriptions and blogs from the web and filters them for you. The best is when they email the brief so I don't have to go into salesforce.

What do you dislike?

This software is very clumsy to use. It was hard to get it going and I ended getting a news feed like Google Alerts. I played with the settings and I just don't find this product useful enough to use. I did end up going with InsideView after a trial because it also gave me intelligence on how to contact a person when I have information. It was the completely package for us. I love InsideView and hoping more people consider it over firstrain.

I don't understand how this company charges twice as much as InsideView and GageIn while have less capabilities. If you do your research there are some good products out there.

Helping our customer understand more of our products.

Learning about FirstRain by Ignite?

* We monitor all FirstRain by Ignite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.