Five9

3.5
(117 reviews)

Five9 is the leading global provider of on-demand call center software for telesales, telemarketing, customer service, help desks and order processing.

Work for Five9?

Learning about Five9?

Five9 Reviews

Showing 121 Five9 reviews
Five9 review by Lauren U.
Lauren U.

"Five9 Needs Major Improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that when I am working on an account in Salesforce, my calls log right on the account page. I also do like that I get emails when I get a voicemail so that I can either check it that way or via the Five9 on Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes Five9 will log me out or not be able to complete calls. It also does not always log calls correctly. It also always will lag when a call comes in so the majority of the time so I end up having to call clients back because the call is missed. It also will drop my phone calls sometimes and that is a pain point for not only myself, but for my clients. I also dislike that sometimes the software needs to restart but it takes way too long and sometimes that requires me to restart my computer because it has not updated. It seems like there are more pain points in the system than positives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the best product out there I'm sure but it does the job.

Calling my clients to sell new products and to solve problems. It is good that I can leave notes for every call so that when I look at my activity history on an account, I see the notes that have been left and can use that as a quick point of reference for what I need to do.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Five9
Five9 review by Trina H.
Trina H.

"Five9 Rates Better Than 5.9!"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Five9 is that it's accessible without having to go online as long as you have a login shortcut; it's still a good idea to log in to the home page every once in a while, though, because the log-in link may be updated. As for the actual program, it's very user-friendly and allows chatting with the Managers and coworkers right in the application.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like about Five9 is that the Notifications pop up right in the middle of the screen; it makes it hard to keep reading the script without stumbling!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that you use Five9, but be aware of the on-screen pop-ups that disrupt script reading. Also, keep Java updated; even though it WILL work with an outdated Java, it works best with the most recent Java update.

Five9 is great because it keeps me from having to use a landline to make calls from home.

What Auto Dialer solution do you use?

Five9 review by Darryl F.
Darryl F.

"Amazing product, top-notch support, always looking to more and better"

What do you like best?

The technical support that Five9 provides is top-notch - They are very patient, precise, knowledgeable, and always follow-up.

They have very good client relationship management as well. I always get my queries and requests responded to in a timely and efficient manner.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Five9 as a company is always looking to see what they can do more and better. That's what keeps me going with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have been using Five9 for nearly 10 years now with multiple clients. I don't think there is any other product out there which is even comparable to the usability and functionality that Five9 has. The product in itself is amazing. Since it is cloud based, you can have yourself up and running in no time. The setup and configurations are fairly easy to understand, specially with the documentation that they have readily available. More so, the technical support that they provide is top notch. Running call centers myself, I am always spellbound with the way they manage their customer interactions. Their client relationship management is amazing as well. I always get timely and effective responses. Lastly, Five9 as a company is always looking to see what they can do more and better. That's what keeps me going with them. I highly recommend Five9 to any and every company I know who is looking for a similar solution.

I use Five9 to manage all my customer interactions through voice and email. The benefits are a seamless turn-key cloud based service with centralized reporting.

Five9 review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

I’ve used it daily for the past 3 years or more and it’s been fantastic. Anytime I’ve had even a slight issue the tech support has been great and gotten me back on track in minutes. It keeps everyone moving very nicely and very easy to operate without malfunctions.

What do you dislike?

I can’t think of anything I dislike about it. As long as it keeps staying on course we will continue to use Five9 as our dialing system for many years to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this to any company looking to bring all their agents together in one place with ease of dialing.

Everyone from all over USA can log on to one point of operation and works wonderful. Making sure we call the appropriate states during the appropriate times is crucial to our work and this makes it simple and without issues. That's something we had problems with in the past before we started using Five 9

Five9 review by Brandon E.
Brandon E.

"Five9 is an all right integration but they can definitely do better"

What do you like best?

Five9 did provide a good system for handling inbound and outbound calling for our support center and even allowed us a better way of handling chats.

What do you dislike?

I would say that the implementation was struggled at best. Our on-boarder, and this is representative of them not the company as a whole, did not seem to understand what are requirements what and what we were looking to achieve. We handled inbound support calls, not outbound sales calls. He did not understand that solution

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you need to be very clear about everything your organization is going to require in reference to what your set up is. If you're an inbound support center, make sure that is absolutely clear. If you need chat, reporting features, etc. make sure you are absolutely clear. Unfortunately, we felt a lack of urgency and understanding from our onboarding team.

We needed better reporting, better tracking around our phone queue and system. We did not have a good system for pulling that data and getting a really good look at numbers of phones and chats that were coming into our department. That did help once we were looking at data Five9 provided.

Five9 review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Very basic-featured application hard to understand with non user friendly interface"

What do you like best?

I like that it does its main feature which is calling. At my previous job we used it to log our hours and to call phone numbers all over the USA and the connection was stable and the audio clear as well.

What do you dislike?

It is a very non user friendly application. Very poorly designed, graphically speaking, the icons and names of the buttons are not intuitive, you couldn't deduce thinks by just looking at them. I never found the option to start a call properly, always did it using commands (Ctrl + m).

I didn't like that whenever I started a new call I couldn't ended it until I set a "Voice disposition", which is the option to select why the call was ended. Which means that if I or the other part ended a call, in Five9, the call remained technically "open" until I selected the voice disposition.

The calls entered automatically so, suddenly you were in a call without knowing (Yay!).

My partners that called to my number often complained that the call was routed to someone else in the office (our extensions not always routed the call to the proper person that it was supposed to be routed).

The application didn't allowed us to call numbers in some countries like Israel or India.

My boss also told me that is very difficult to calculate the logged hours.

Logging hour and softphone. The main benefit was the facility of not having a physical phone.

Five9 review by Jake S.
Jake S.

"Great for when you want big call center features without big call center infrastructure."

What do you like best?

I like that the software is web/cloud based. This minimalizes your infrastructure costs while giving you access to hundreds of call center features. Call recording is automatic. Recordings are sent via FTP immediately every call. The IVR designer enables an easy to use way to create and modify call flow.

What do you dislike?

The long distance and set pricing structure can be confusing. Also, the move away from JAVA has been fairly slow. With that JAVA background, there are constant JAVA update issues. For example five9 will support version X.X which contains a major security flaw fixed with version X.X. Windows will no longer allow the insecure version, so you have to write group policy exceptions. This has gotten much better with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your needs and speak with your account rep often. Five9 is constantly improving and adding features in the migration from Java that may improve your performance and decrease your bill.

After our Mitel system became to costly and gangly, our costs to run our call center were eclipsing the profit being generated. We rid ourselves of the phones on the desks, recording, pbx, ccm, etc etc in favor of low cost (already owned) computers and the cloud solution.

Five9 review by Ashton N.
Ashton N.

"Simple, effective, easy to learn "

What do you like best?

I love that you can choose auto answer, or manual answering. This allows you to design to work flow you prefer. If you have tasks open, you can choose manual answering and then when you pause your tasks, you can then answer the phone.

I also love that you can search fellow agents in several departments with ease. The functions in general such as transferring or placing on hold, are simple and intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike sometimes how little time the call waiting time is before the call defaults to another agent. It doesn't look good for your numbers when you don't get the call in time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A desktop widget or application for easier sign in would be preferred. Instead of having to log into the site each time, and then click run, and then it's open. An app that launches the program instantly would be nice.

When you don't get the phone call in time, the call instantly gets bumped to another agent so that the customer isn't waiting long. That provides fast service and customers like that.

Five9 review by Ariana T.
Ariana T.

"VOIP solution with terrific monitoring and reporting capabilities"

What do you like best?

Five9's call recording system and reporting makes it easy to conduct agent quality assurance and monitoring. It has extensive pre-built reporting for abandon rate, call time, talk time, and wrap up time with additional options to create your own reporting. We use Looker to pull all data in and match it with our other systems, but using Five9's system by itself is sufficient for small companies.

Ease of administration, such as creating and deactivating users is simple. You can customize the profiles for each user to give veteran staff more permissions or customize call routing on an agent level.

What do you dislike?

Trying to get more seats and station IDs is costly and doesn't happen immediately. This poses problems for businesses that grown quickly and need to get immediate answers. They use Java for the desktop Agent toolkit and installation on Windows machines can be difficult if the remote agent isn't tech savvy. The interface is a bit dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need to have at least two people who are comfortable troubleshooting remotely if you are using this with a remote team. Setup can be a long and tedious process even for people who are generally excellent troubleshooters. If you put in a Five9 case (a help desk ticket) ask them to call you if they don't seem to give you an answer that fits your question via email. When I talk with them on the phone, it's much easier to get a real solution.

We use this program as an IVR system, a call monitoring tool, a call reporting tool, and an ACD tool for managers. Five9 is a flexible solution for us that helps us handle calls for a completely remote team. The reporting on call dispositions has given us valuable intel on the variety of different call types and how much they potentially cost us.

Five9 review by Administrator

"Good features, but implementation is difficult"

What do you like best?

The admin VCC is very easy to customize and configure to the call center's needs. These configurations are user friends (often a toggle or picklist). The customer resources are also pretty robust.

What do you dislike?

We've had some issues with implementation of larger features/initiatives; support staff was difficult to work with

Recommendations to others considering the product

Determine what you want your call center software to do (short- and long-term), from basic to complex functionality. Then, review all call center software offerings based on your specific use cases, rather than their overall rating.

As a completely online consumer financial services company, the large majority of our workforce is on the call center side. We are able to assist customers via specific outbound campaigns and inbound IVR paths.

Five9 review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Decent solution, but limited capabilities"

What do you like best?

The Five9 product is simple and straightforward for a dialer solution. For the team that wants an introduction to dialing solutions, this may be it. The reporting functionality focuses on the productivity of your call center reps, but does not have the capability to relate these calls to contacts without integration into Salesforce. It's fine if you're looking to see how long your call center reps stay on the phone.

It does a good job at providing management routing tools to help the call get to the correct call center reps.

Salesforce integration is a must for us, and Five9 qualifies - barely. SFDC integration must be done with a Five9 agent.

What do you dislike?

The reporting functionality in Salesforce is weak and seems to leave out a number of actions that should be tracked. Help from tech support on this issue has not been able to solve our problems.

No functionality for our sales team in the field.

I feel as though little effort was put into the design and UX of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This may be an excellent introductory call center for you and your team if you are looking to build out a inbound or outbound call center. I would say that its greatest strengths lie in its ability to cold call prospects with lists created in Salesforce.

If you are looking for in depth reporting capabilities tied to Salesforce contacts/accounts, I would recommend a careful evaluation.

We needed a call center software for our inbound and outbound efforts.

The biggest benefit that we have seen is its ability to route calls to the most appropriate reps.

Five9 review by Claudia C.
Claudia C.

"I use 5/9 Monday through Friday to take incoming and make outgoing calls"

What do you like best?

Portability- being able to work from home. Simplicity. Being able to access multiple call in lines via one system. The pop up information that tells me which line of business I'll be discussing or what language to use.

What do you dislike?

The system can be unreliable and glitchy. Calls can drop without warning. Operator must be looking at screen to see pop up when the system takes a call because audio only comes through headset- it could use a more obvious way of telling you there is a call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say it's a good system for a company that needs a call center.

Communication with our prospects is made easy via the 800 line attached to the system. Multiple lines can all go to the same operator. I transitioned from one company using the system to another and did not need training to use it- so the product being consistent across organizations.

Five9 review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Five 9: Does the job and that's it"

What do you like best?

Easy interface, simple to use, and self explanatory features.

What do you dislike?

Constant upkeep, we have to contact our IT department quite a bit due to various errors. Some of the algorithms in deciding who gets a call need changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can find a better call center software, do so. This is the bare minimum and a constant hassle to use.

It functions as our call center software, without it we wouldn't have a job. I've only seen the benefit of being able to monitor and pull calls, which probably exists for all other call center software.

Five9 review by Kamille P.
Kamille P.

"Easy platform to use"

What do you like best?

I used five9 in my previous job as a CCA, call center agent and then when I got promoted to Licensed Insurance Agent. I love the fact that I can log in and be paid on the hours I work, since I primarily work from home.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to dislike about five9, although I do have to constantly make sure that internet connection is up to par with using this platform.

The convenience of using it is what I love the most. Almost all of my workmates and myself are work from home and without five 9 it would have been difficult for us to be paid on the hours we put in working.

Five9 review by User

"Five9 seems like Cisco's dull younger brother"

What do you like best?

Easier than dialing a phone, which is nice.

What do you dislike?

It seems like Five9 works about 60% of the time, but even when it is working there are still many problems. The most prevalent issue is calls not "logging" or associating when I end them. I have gotten in the habit of copying the text I've written in the call note before ending the disposition, because there is a pretty solid chance I will get a pop up saying that the call didn't end up associating. What I then have to do is go in and manually log that call.

Another issue is the connection. At least once a week when I log in, the system asks me to download the plug in (even though this is already a thing), and then refuses to download. I end up having to restart my computer before it will start working.

A third thing is the voicemails. When I get a voicemail, it should associate with the account and tell me who has called vs. me just having to look at the phone number, write it down (Five9 won't allow me to copy and paste the phone number from the voicemail), and then go search for it in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easier than dialing a phone.

Five9 review by Administrator

"Disappointed, stay away"

What do you like best?

Robust, bordering on overly complex reporting and customization options

What do you dislike?

Customer service left a lot to be desired along with an over abundance of problems that they were unable to fix or even identify. I regularly had downtime with multiple agents stations reflecting available but supervisor console showing away. This issue frequently stopped them from being able to log out or restart the station forcing me to deactivate the agent and reactivate in order to get them up and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find another provider.

We were attempting to provide a soft phone solution that would allow for increased efficiency on the team. What we got was an intermittently working solution that is difficult to troubleshoot, even with Five9s own CS group.

Five9 review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Five9- It's Getting There."

What do you like best?

I like how the chat is laid out and easily accessible. I also felt that the call capabilities work well.

What do you dislike?

I do not care for the queue availability portal that is given and wish it had further customizing available- such as changing the colors. It works to be able to provide what we need but could do more I think. I also wish that priority level of calls/chats/emails/previews could be further customization as well not just for the general type but for the variations of those types.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful but work with them about what updates need.

We operate as a call center and this serves as our phone. This system has allowed us to introduce "cases" or "previews" into our work flow for agents.

Five9 review by Arlaena W.
Arlaena W.

"Very User Friendly. "

What do you like best?

I like that there is also an app that you can use to take calls for management, including calls from escalated customers. I also liked the access to call stats and recorded calls that were needed to improve on customer service and quality control. I also liked the fact that management was able to listen in on a call without the customer knowing and upsetting the customer

What do you dislike?

I did not like the emergency SOS button being accessible to all agents. Once in a while an agent would accidentally hit the button and the sound would be very loud in the headset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Customer Support, Sales Support, Tech Support. Taking and managing escalated calls from customers.

Five9 review by Sally E.
Sally E.

"Five 9 is My Partner Not a Vendor! "

What do you like best?

Five 9 provides technical support just like every other platform vendor. The real difference is when you have a problem to solve you can contact your Sales Account Manager who can arrange a conference with one of the actual Five 9 engineers to resolve the issue. To get time with an engineer who worked on the actual software and continues to create a work around means my clients are happy, my problems are resolved quickly and I haven't spent a fortune designing something for a single client.

They don't sell me and walk away which has been my experience with 3 other platform vendors!

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with the Five 9 platform is "Remote Monitoring" is not available to our client's unless they use one of our Supervisor Licenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are truly a Partner in business not just a supplier.

With Five 9 I have only ever experienced a 30 downtime while they rerouted our switch during a large outage. I was back up within 30 minutes because we had purchased the "geographic redundancy" option with our contract and were rerouted within 30 mins where others without the option we down for an entire day.

Five9 review by User in Internet

"Five9 is a fantastic VCC."

What do you like best?

Five9 gives you access to reports and data. You can track metrics such as number of dials, time spent in various states (ready, not ready, on calls, in after call work, even time spent on breaks, and meetings, assuming those are properly outlined by the agent.)

The VCC also has skill groupings and a call preview window, where agents can understand who they are calling out to, and have ample time to conduct research before reaching out to prospects.

What do you dislike?

One of Five9's greatest strengths (auto-dialing) can possibly prove demoralizing to the agent. They can feel that they are not working hard enough because Five9 is working behind the scenes and dialing. Ready and Not Ready is somewhat rudimentary and, honestly, overly basic, for a VCC that is so robust and cutting-edge in so many other ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based off my experience, I would be very clear on your expectations when using Five9. Make sure you are transparent with what you are looking for and make sure Five9 delivers on it. The VCC is amazing, but support can be lacking at times.

Five9 provides a great VCC where we can track metrics, listen to calls, and provide feedback through hard data and exemplary functionality.

The ability to track quite possibly everything that an agent can do and compile reports on these actions and outcomes allows us to have hard data at the ready and allow agents to have the help and training they need.

Five9 review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Best CRM for student loans"

What do you like best?

The customer service team is great. They get you set up and will take the time to answer all of your questions and integrating concerns.

What do you dislike?

After you are set up, the turn around time for them getting back to you will not be as fast once you were new. Anyhow, they will get back to you ASAP and answer any of your questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for the student loan industry. Every company that I helped set up, has been following my lead to go with them and the results are all positive.

We have noticed that our time closing deals are far more easier then the previous paper trail we had. The time to close a deal has been 10x faster and easy with setting up our 3rd party contracts for new customers to sign. Save time = making money

Five9 review by Sahara M.
Sahara M.

"Phone system"

What do you like best?

Great tool for making calls as it is user friendly. It has both the agent and supervisor account.

It can download reports from production. I can even know how many time the agents were ready or logged out.

What do you dislike?

There were a few times that has reconnecting issues but the Internet connection were okay.

Easier to get reports

Five9 review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"A Robust Dialing System"

What do you like best?

I liked that we had an open level of communication with the company and they were able to build us up a tool we could use daily without

What do you dislike?

There were many problems getting certain customizations developed for our business but none that really impacted business too much. Just kind of slow is all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the implications of implementing this dialer - it might be a rocky start but give it time and you can develop a reliable VoIP dialer for your company

We solved a major VoIP issue we experienced as a company and that was getting a reliable VoIP dialer

Five9 review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Needs Some Work "

What do you like best?

I like that the stats are live and updated frequently. In addition, I do like how you can directly transfer based on a contact directory by name or department rather than just number or extension. There are worse than good things however....

What do you dislike?

My calls disappear after I get booted out all of the time (on my Mac?) also, calls can tend to be slow in coming and I have an issue with changing status' where I have to do it. I cannot manually have five 9 set me away or not ready, it has been an issue when it comes down to bounced or missed calls at my company

Using Five9 as our incoming calls database- its the main point of the customer service department at my company.

Five9 review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Five9"

What do you like best?

I like that Five 9 has good connection for the customers for inbound\outbound calls. The quality of the calls are clear and performance is outstanding, reliable to increase sales, All clients work in Five 9 from Supervisors to employee's for a good experience. I like how quick I am able to navigate through the system. very dependable, and convenient working from home.

What do you dislike?

I am sure there are always more services that can be added, or a way to upgrade the experience in customer care calling systems. However, at this time I have no dislikes for Five 9, great customer service can be improved for quality services. Sometimes calls might drop, from certain issues, but can easily start from the beginning, will continue to reach out to customers with Five 9 like how easy five 9 can be used,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great call center experience software for communication with customers expecting high quality way of business all over the world. Great built in voicemail for leaving messages, and agent scripting is visible, IVR systems, consider monitoring, and recording is very helpful when you are in a call center environment. I personally believe that Five 9 offers the best quality services for working in a call center,

Making quality service calls inbound\outbound to customers that are expecting clear communication, good experiences means that customers will continue widen the sales, and tools that are helpful for learning good communication skills. Five 9 provides the user, and customer with speedy service.

Five9 review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"A Great Contact Center Phone Solution"

What do you like best?

Five9 implementation was made seamless with the help of the five9 team and the reporting we have access to is like night and day compared to what we use to have visibility in to with our old system.

What do you dislike?

There are quite a few features that our team was used to having with our old phone system and it seems as if those features are just something we have to get used to living without. This includes voicemail greetings that are easy to record, calls being able to come through a personal extension even when an agent is on an active call or in a "not ready" status, etc.

One problem that has been solved with five9 is inaccurate reporting of call data.

"Miserable "technology" "

What do you like best?

Nothing This has made mine and my co workers lives miserable since they brought it onbaord. There is almost no support, and it has delivered on few of the features that were advertised.

What do you dislike?

They somehow took something that worked fine and broke it. Drops calls, doesnt log correctly, Terrible interface, blocks half of salesforce. Been praying that my company gets rid of this since they got it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just dont do it, much better softphones and call tracking systems available

Logging callins SFDC

Five9 review by Kyle R.
Kyle R.

"Five9"

What do you like best?

Five9 is extremely easy to manage and maintain. I solely handle the Five9 for our entire call center, its that easy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are some some call quality issue complaints from our users that after extensive investigation just seems to be a little hiccup within Five9 itself or the customer phone that we are dialing, but this is no major issue at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A little pricey but simply fantastic and incredibly easy to manage.

We use Five9 to recruit agents all over the country, to set appointments for a lot of our agents and to handle inbound insurance seminar request calls.

Five9 review by Erwin D.
Erwin D.

"Five 9"

What do you like best?

I LIKE THAT I CAN WORK FROM HOME I CAN TALK TO MY COWORKER WHILE AT HOME. IT DOESN'T TAKE A POWERFUL PC TO RUN THE SOFTWARE

What do you dislike?

MY MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT WHILE I AM WORKING I CAN GET DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVICE, ALSO THE CHAT HAS A BAD BUG WHERE IF YOU GET KICKED A ALL NEW CHAT HAS TO BE MADE TO LET YOU BACK IN.

WELL AS KIST BEING A AGENT I DON'T REALLY SOLVE PROBLEMS I MAINLY USE IT TO WORK AND MAKES CALLS

Five9 review by Eddie W.
Eddie W.

"Five9 Rarely Goes Down and Is Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

Five9 rarely gives us any problems. When it does have a hiccup, they get it right back runninng.

What do you dislike?

running. Policies LOL Nothing about the software is bad. Five9 is super simple to use, and allows us to customize the call center to fit our needs.

We use it for our call center. I work at Transcom for a client called Viaset. Five9 keeps everything in order, and when there is a problem. Support is super sweet and helpful.

Five9 review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Very effective and reliable tool"

What do you like best?

Reliable service that does not frequently go down. The control panel allows for easy review of agents activities and call results. The system is capable of handing large outbound volume. It can also can facilitate inbound calls. Proper routing of inbound calls takes some work but allows for a high level of customization.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features are not as robust as we would like. They are also not simple to set up. The canned reports are not flexible and usually require a download into Excel to make them really effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare pricing to other similar products. But also compare simplicity of getting started. Specifically, check ease of training of agents and administrators.

Five 9 allowed us to quickly get up to full speed to handle a very high volume of outbound calls very efficiently. Training of the agents was quick and easy and administrator training was also relatively easy. We were able to build multiple campaigns quickly and run them simultaneously. It was also easy to download call results for billing and further action.

Five9 review by Timothy J.
Timothy J.

"Excellent platform!"

What do you like best?

The functionality for the agents is excellent and the administrative side is easy to learn for anyone with even a little experience.

What do you dislike?

Offshore implementation teams create a communication barrier at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for some bumps in the implementation process. TAKE THE TRAINING PROVIDED ONLINE. It's very helpful.

We utilize five9 for the autodialer. It is highly efficient.

Five9 review by User

"New end user using 15five for manager 1:1s and weekly team goal setting"

What do you like best?

parking lot for 1:1 agenda items that are tracked all in one place, the fact that there's a record of my 1:1 discussions with my manager, and the way we are using 15five to identify our top 3 priorities for ourselves every week visible to our team leadership.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I dislike so far, the tool is very straightforward and has a clean interface.

Keeping our team on the same page as far as top priorities for the week and streamlining recurring 1:1 meetings.

Five9 review by Alora V.
Alora V.

"easy to use, lacking in the report area and the support staff is not knowledgable"

What do you like best?

supervisor mode is very hands on and easily customizable

What do you dislike?

most reports available are not very useful. It is lacking a lot of reports crucial to running a call center

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a lot of reports to be successful, this is not the program to use.

being able to monitor my callers actions real-time

Five9 review by Preston W.
Preston W.

"Some Strong Points, Some weak points."

What do you like best?

When it comes to dialing, Five9 does pretty well. There are plenty of ways to control how the data is dialed. The Administrator application is fairly simple and easy to use for the basic functions.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is pretty complex. If you aren't in there pulling reports often, it will take a long time to figure out how to use it. Also, it gets pretty frustrating trying to pull custom reports. I find myself pulling 3 or 4 reports and building a custom report with Excel rather than using their built in reporting.

We use this program mainly for Outbound Lead Generation. Their support is responsive, and the system works.

Five9 review by Ankit G.
Ankit G.

"decent tool"

What do you like best?

Still exploring its features but looks like a decent tool at first glance. Seems easy to use, user friendly with simple UI. Provides many features but what I like most is its ability to support Salesforce. The system is capable of handing large outbound volume. It can also can facilitate inbound calls. Setting call disposition feture is also cool, so you can remember situation of call later.

What do you dislike?

It hangs sometimes but not pretty often and we can live with it but yes scope of improvement is there. It also require high internet connectivity, missing the dashboard like features

Recommendations to others considering the product

looks a decent tool can give nice competition to others already in market.

gather information from call system, CRM, and other sources. Still implementing though. Exploring the wide variety of features it provides.

Five9 review by David T.
David T.

"Review for Five9"

What do you like best?

Solid integration with ZenDesk. This is the biggest win for us since we're committed to ZD as a solution for reporting, managing email contacts, and integrations with solutions in other channels (SMS, live chat, etc).

What do you dislike?

Reliance on Java can be problematic due to frequent need to update software and common disconnects with new Java releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's some lifting on your end involving managing Java updates and educating your team, but it's a good integration with ZenDesk and they're solid partners.

Handle inbound customer contacts through a fluid ZenDesk integration. Compliance on tracking and logging phone contacts has increased at the associate level and our reporting and CSAT have improved.

Five9 review by Jenna C.
Jenna C.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Five 9 is laid out to be very user-friendly and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

There's honestly nothing I can think of that can be improved on.

Integration with CRM and the ability to have just one primary phone system.

Five9 review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Super simple manual tools that sits at the top of my tool box"

What do you like best?

Interface and salesforce integration makes it easy to use

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it has trouble connecting to sales force

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a manual dialer that tracks the results of your calls

We use it as a manual dialer that helps track dispositions to organize the results of our calls

Five9 review by Dave S.
Dave S.

"Decent program which could be better"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Streamlined process to disposition calls ability to log in quickly and do what you need to do. Adapting to sales force

What do you dislike?

Malfunctioning of Five9 which sometimes results in all blue screen with no way to immediately fix. (Typically from multiple browser windows being open) would like to be able to pop out app and resize. When dispositioning a call clicking of disposition window then having to scroll down and losing disposition box is frustrating. Also Selecting disposition window and customer ending call causing window to close is frustrating as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program can be almost glitchy like. Small things with this May frustrate you, but it does get the job done ultimately.

Setting call disposition is nice, so you Can remember situation of call later.

Five9 review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Alright Product"

What do you like best?

I love that it constantly dials to 10 clients at once and whoever picks up first gets the call. That way you never really run out of people to get a hold of and you can make up to 400 calls a day.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike about five9 is that it has a ton of glitches and customer support staff aren't that easy to get a hold of. Every single one of my co-worker has had at least 3 problems with five9 before and we realized they are new and different glitches/problems every single time. For instance, it automatically creates duplicates of lead sometimes or not allowing you to set another a call back twice with the same lead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's going to take some time before you understand how five9 works. It is not the best software out there but it will do the job for you. Also it does have a ton of glitches and when it does happen just make sure you call customer support and they usually figure it out for you right away (just takes a while to get a hold of them).

I love that it fixes the problem of massive dialing and you are able to call a lot of people through out the day. Five9 Solves massive dialing and it's extremely efficient if you want to just make a lot of outbound calls .

Five9 review by Todd M.
Todd M.

"YDesign Group LLC"

What do you like best?

We really appreciated the support and commitment by Five9 both pre-contract, and through the entire implementation process. Communication was excellent and the Five9 staff made themselves available whenever we needed them. We are also impressed with the reporting capabilities and this is helping us manage our call center more effectively and has allowed us to gain efficiency.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to list here as far as dislikes. Our call quality has improved even though there are still intermittent issues from time to time (static, calls dropping, transfer issues, etc.). These instances are more the exception than the rule however and we have seen an improvement in overall call quality. Reporting is also almost too vast and it is tough to utilize everything, or know how what we are not using can benefit the business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Five9 as a reliable and solid call center phone system. The reporting capabilities are fabulous and very customizable. The overall quality is sound and the support from the Five9 staff prior to, and during implementation was excellent.

Our integration to Five9 provided us a post call survey opportunity customers can take. We take this voice of the customer and are able to use it to make service improvements when a problem presents itself.

Five9 review by Lauren H.
Lauren H.

"Great Application "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and very simple application.

What do you dislike?

Slow at times. Have to sign in twice before you can hear the 3 beeps for my station.

Glitchiness but the benefits of having this application are better than any issues.

Five9 review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Not exactly Cloud9 with Five9"

What do you like best?

The overall performance of the software is very consistent, maneuvering across the interface from an agent standpoint is good as well, and the use of radio button and color schemes.

What do you dislike?

Reporting and flexibility in settings is limited, a bit too cumbersome to edit multiple settings all at once.

We have solved our agent licensing problem and need to have a cloud-based product, additionally we have benefited from being able to pivot to a manual-touch-mode.

Five9 review by Denise M.
Denise M.

"Five9 Call Center Supervisor App"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to instant message agents without disturbing the call. I also like the ability to track calls by hour, days weeks and lifetime. Flexibility of gathering data is very useful and allows to schedule according to call history.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not having the ability to force someone out of break mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most of the implementation process.

Having the ability to add leads to an auto dialer has increased productivity.

Five9 review by Kirk B.
Kirk B.

"Great option for a call center"

What do you like best?

I like the dialer. It gives us the ability to call thousands of leads behind the scenes. It only connects to us when a lead answers. Also the reporting works well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to update every campaign for the days when your call center is closed. There should be an edit ALL feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well if you are only looking for a telephony system.

We are able to do more with less. We are able to call our leads right away which is critical to increase our contact rate.

"FIve9 Is Troublesome"

What do you like best?

I like that Five9 automatically attaches your call activity to accounts in salesforce. It is super nice for seeing what activity has occurred on accounts.

What do you dislike?

Five9 often doesn't log calls correctly. Calls are dropped often. Calls transferred from our customer care team often do not come through the line. I am logged out frequently. There are glitches with voicemail being blank.

It allows for me to see what accounts are calling on the inbound so I can prep for the call before I answer. It allows for me to track my activity in salesforce so I can pipeline opportunities.

Five9 review by User in Financial Services

"Five9: A solid program for call centers."

What do you like best?

Compared to some of the other systems that I have used, Five9 is a user friendly, easy to navigate system. It has a simple interface, but is still aesthetically pleasing to catch the eye and interest of employees. I especially like the side bar buttons, they are easy to read and distinctive. It's very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I really don't like that you cannot use the "undo" action if you accidentally delete something in a record. I've done that many times and it's frustrating, and considering that you can copy and paste, I am not sure why undo does not work. I also wish you could see a record of comments that are left rather than having to delete the previous comments. The other thing is that I have issues with using it in Google Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that depending on your needs (ie, looking for a general call center program rather than having proprietary programs) Five9 is a good, solid program, and the fact that it is customizatble really puts it even higher on my list.

Five9 helps to keep things moving smoothly and efficiently, and the fact that it's customiziable is really wonderful-- you can do what you need without constraints. It's different than other programs that I have used, and I like the user friendliness that seems to be built in, rather than some others that seem to put that last.

Five9 review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Best call software we have used EVER!!"

What do you like best?

The features. It literally can do everything you can imagine a dialer could do and more. I cannot tell you the number of times five 9 has introduced me to a new feature that has streamlined our call center.

What do you dislike?

If our internet falls below 50mps call quality is affected and if it drops below 40 mps we have dropped calls.

We are in the process of setting up a work from home program because of the ease of use of five 9. Training for new reps is simple and takes a short amount of time. Work from home reps receive special attention when they call technical support.

We are able to establish new IVR scripts with ease.

Five9 review by Dominick S.
Dominick S.

"Powerful Call Center Functionality With Certain Limits"

What do you like best?

The real time monitoring tools are second to none. The historic reporting is robust as well.

What do you dislike?

The java applet makes running the software challenging. Any updates to five9, which occur frequently, disrupt normal log in process for my team. Though you can report on several data points, the lack of an integrated dashboard is obvious and inhibiting. Integration between five9 and another, non-call center, phone system is impossible and can be a severe limitation of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Five9 is focusing on integration of communication silos. They can wrap inbound calls, outbound calls, e-mail, social media, chat and the like into a single interface. This may be beneficial for some. For me, I needed functionality that integrated call center staff (on headsets and softphones) with "regular" administrative staff using regular phones. Five9 does not operate well in that environment. Throughout our relationship with five9 we asked them to develop a basic VOIP deck phone for our non-call center staff and they didn't move in that direction. In the end, that's what caused us to go in another direction.

We used Avaya before five9 and continued to use Avaya for 80% of our staff as they are not in a contact center. The launch of five9 was much needed and gave our contact center managers incredible insights that were lacking from Avaya. An 80% increase in efficiency was realized. Agent work times increased. Call answer rates increased. Conversions increased.

Learning about Five9?

* We monitor all Five9 reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.