FixMe.IT

Techinline FixMe.IT is a remote desktop application that enables instant, secure, and trouble-free connections between remote computers anywhere in the world.

Work for FixMe.IT?

Showing 77 FixMe.IT reviews
FixMe.IT review by <span>Justin B.</span>
Justin B.

Great value for us

What do you like best?

Simplicity and focused feature set at the price point

What do you dislike?

Would enjoy subgroups and a notes field for unattended clients.

Sometimes when computers reboot, the unattended page will show it's back up but not the "home" tab.

Unattended clients does not automatically refresh.

No Mac support

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many more computers to remote into compare to users of the programs, this will be your cheapest option. It does no reporting of any kind. It tells you if the computer is online and who is signed in and NOTHING else. Don't expect more at this very low price. It has always worked for us flawlessly. It's greatly valued here. It does not work on Macs.

Inventory tracking - we know when a person has not returned a computer because we add their name to the computer "computer name" field.

Remote desktop when the computer is off-site (instead of having to connect yet another VPN each time)

Remote training (remote into a users' computer and show them how to solve the problem themselves)

remote desktop support (our primary usage. It is mostly unattended but the one-time support code is invaluable)

debugging (if a monitor is not working, usually this still does).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FixMe.IT
FixMe.IT review by <span>Kyle C.</span>
Kyle C.

User Friendly and No-Nonsense

What do you like best?

FixMe.IT's take on remote support is very streamlined. The simplicity on the end user side is wonderful, and they don't even have to be an admin on the computer! They have also clearly considered the technician's experience as well. Unattended access is a breeze to set up (you can't even call it 'configuring', it's so simple!). The ability to create a branded page is fantastic and I will definitely be setting that up. The reporting feature is also a welcome tool. Having the ability to remotely reboot a computer and send files to the remote computer are also fantastic features.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I can think of is the Windows only support. I know that they are actively working on the ability to support Mac, which I definitely look forward to. Linux compatibility would also be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many options available for remote desktop/support out there. FixMe.IT has the perfect balance of simplicity, features, and cost.

As the only IT employee in a company with offices across the United States, FixMe.IT has allowed me to provide quick (and reliable) support to end users. In addition to the convenience of unattended support, it is also a good way to keep track of which user has which device. The simplicity of use throughout the process has saved me a great deal of time and headache, allowing me to provide better support and handle a larger workload. This results in less down-time for end users as well and keeps our business running efficiently.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

FixMe.IT review by <span>Jason S.</span>
Jason S.

Great remote support software at an affordable price

What do you like best?

The customisation of the client page and the ease that my customers can request emote support.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support for multiple host screens. I know I can flick through the screens, or open them all up in one big window. However, when you connect to a client who has 3 different sized screens, using one window to view them all is really awkward. It would be nice to be able to have separate windows for separate screens at a single host.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quality product at a reasonable cost. They do not charge for unnecessary features (a la LogMeIn!).

Its not yet perfect, but getting close!

I have used remote access software for about 20 years. A lot of the companies I used to use (Logmein etc) have raised their prices prohibitively. Whilst they do have a slicker interface, and more functionality - this does not equate to the monstrous price that they charge.

Hence my switch to FixmeIT - it does what I need, without costing me a premium for features I do not need

FixMe.IT review by <span>Ryan J.</span>
Ryan J.

FixMe.IT review for IT consultant/MSP

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment. And I can deploy the unattended client from a 1 on 1 connection which is a handy benefit. Copy and paste/drag and drop data transfer between local and remote is very handy as well.

What do you dislike?

No dedicated screenshot button. Seems like an obvious one. Does NOT recover well in some cases when a video issue or networking issue occur. A client can appear offline afterwards and there's no way to recover other than to kill the agent or reboot. I would also like more branding flexibility. The icons and program itself still appear at "fixme.it", although I can brand the web appearance of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far it has been a solid solution for me as a single-member IT consultant business. Rebooting a device is tracked in the software and it will alert you when the device comes back online, a plus for remote server updates after hours. I don't have to setup a VPN to a customer's network or any monitoring, although those are still great backup access methods.

I can remote into a client's machine and work anytime I need to. I see what they see. Less travel on-site.

FixMe.IT review by <span>Brad O.</span>
Brad O.

A solid performer that has never let me down.

What do you like best?

Quick and easy connection through any firewall system allows me to assist clients immediately and professionally. The Unattended feature allows me to fully support clients no matter what other issues they may be having. I've used this program for more than 3 years now and would not be without it.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing - sometimes my mouse cursor jumps around a bit, but that mostly only occurs when I am accessing a virtual machine on a server in Australia that is linked to servers in Germany and I am seen to be on a laptop in Wellington (NZ) but I am really 800 kms away in my office in Waihi (NZ). All legit with the user on the phone. So a bit of mouse jump is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to implement and use, cheap enough particularly if you use it often (3-5 times a week)

Some clients allow me to use this for unattended access so support is easy. Fixing mums computer is easy (she's in Australia, I'm in New Zealand). Immediate and easy support for all clients is seen as a great addon. Clients love that I link it from my website and it feels and looks like it is my own support program.

FixMe.IT review by <span>J.J. A.</span>
J.J. A.

Best Remote Support Application!

What do you like best?

This app is great whether you are supporting someone for the first time or long time clients!

There are several ways to use this remote support app, either by one use ( where it goes away after the session) or unattended clients who rather you work on their pc after hours. There are many features that allow for support of my clients, one of them is the ability to click on a UAC prompt and answer the question, many remote support apps don't allow for this and this is where Techinline shines.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would wish for a feature is something like a cross between a unattended client and a one time use client where my customers don't have to answer prompts to allow me to connect to their PC and also to control. Make that happen and I'll be a very happy user!

Also if you can make this App FIPS compliant that would be even better!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nice Application works well in most circumstances. Easy for end users to understand and initiate.

This allows me to support customers all over the world, easy enough to use to allow for simple questions which sometimes crop up where I'm not completely sure about what my customer is having an issue with. In and out in a jiffy which makes me and them happy.

Learning about FixMe.IT?

* We monitor all FixMe.IT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.