Flex

For more than 35 years, Spillman Flex has provided public safety professionals with innovative software solutions and reliable customer service. Flex is now a part of Motorola Solutions' end to end Command Center Software suite, providing a complete software solution for agencies nationwide.

Work for Flex?

Learning about Flex?

Flex Reviews

Ask Flex a Question
Showing 24 Flex reviews
Flex review by <span>Elizabeth Z.</span>
Elizabeth Z.

Spillman Flex is a user friendly program

What do you like best?

Spillman Flex is easy to use and to teach someone to use. I like that I can change the font style and size and also the colors on my screen. I can also move the screens around. I like being able to turn a traffic stop into a traffic call and to be able to put more than one officer on the same traffic stop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it freezes or runs slow and upgrades often seem to take longer than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It handles our needs as call takers/dispatchers. We do not use pre-arrival instructions.

Spillman Flex allows us to have precise dispatch times for police, fire and rescue. We are able to time stamp everything and then look up specific times at a later date.,

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flex
Flex review by <span>Bob A.</span>
Bob A.

Amazing company and a fantastic product!

What do you like best?

Spillman's strongest selling point is their customer service. They assign a dedicated account manager who acts as a liaison between their company and the customer. It makes me feel as though I have a direct line to them and that they are sincerely interested in my overall satisfaction. Their product is top-notch and is incredibly stable. We've used it for over ten years and have been extremely happy with it.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint would be development time for new products or product enhancements. It's a double edge sword in that their product is thoroughly tested and thought through before release, which makes it great, but it also requires a lot of time to develop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not find a more stable comprehensive product on the market. This company is one of the best and considers their customer base to be their number one asset. They listen, respond, and follow through when needed. As a system administrator I have incredible peace of mind knowing their server, and end user clients are incredibly stable.

We are providing a software solution to the officers in the field which enables them rapid access to critical information.

What Other Public Safety solution do you use?

Flex review by <span>Jesse L.</span>
Jesse L.

The Life Of Our Operation

What do you like best?

The software is modular and expandable to meet any of our needs. If we need something new out of the software, Spillman listens to their customers and builds everything around what we are wanting the software to do.

What do you dislike?

The price of the modules can be a bit out of reach for immediate purchase for smaller agencies. We have to budget a year or sometimes more in advance to be able to add to the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you ask lots of questions and cover all the needs you are seeking. They usually have a solution available or in the works that will be available soon. If they don't, there is a good chance they will get it into development soon.

The software is an all around solution for Emergency Services. It brings integrity to the operation from the call coming into the dispatch center all the way through to the end process of year end reports or prosecuting that big case.

Spillman also allows us to integrate to other systems that we deal with in a Detention Center or Dispatch Center. It helps to streamline our processes.

The ability to pull data and build custom reports or integrate with software such as Crystal Reports is a major benefit to this agency.

Flex review by <span>Tammy S.</span>
Tammy S.

Complete package

What do you like best?

As an administrator for this product for 10 years, I like that Spillman makes you feel like you are part of their family, not just a customer. They have taken the time to teach me how to fix issues I may encounter and encourage me to learn more. Every interaction I have had with a member of Spillman has been positive whether it's a member of the sales team, our account manager or support. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. If they don't have the answer for you, they find it and get back to you quickly.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes at this point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spillman is the complete package. They make sure they keep up to date with security issues and needs of the ever changing job. They are very proactive in making sure they develop partnerships with companies to improve the product offering to the end user. They request and take in to consideration users suggestions or ideas on enhancements to the sytem.

Currently our Civil Deputies have been doing their job in an antiquated way. They do everything on paper using 3 part forms for billing and tracking of their services. We are in the process of purchasing the civil module which should help them work more efficiently.

Flex review by <span>Eli E.</span>
Eli E.

Spillman is a Great Software Company

What do you like best?

Modifications are easily done within the backside of Spillman. The many logs within the software make it very easy to track down issues that arise and who the user was that was responsible. Support is very helpful in diagnosing any issues that arise and they want to teach you how to fix the problem yourself instead of constantly relying on their help.

What do you dislike?

I can't contact support until 10:00 am EDT. It would be nice if they would open up their support department for those customers in the Eastern time zone, so we don't have to wait a couple of hours to phone in any questions or issues that might come up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a lot of set up involved, but once it is in place Spillman is a great software for any public safety agency.

Making dispatch run smoothly. The software is helping make the police department more efficient. Once we have the software fully implemented and everyone has a handle on how things work the department expects to use the software for many years.

Flex review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

Learning curve

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is visual & not a drastic change from the pre ious version

What do you dislike?

The appearance has softened and things aren’t as crisp and clean as they were make g it sometimes hard to determine what the icon really is

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s worth using because it really can do a lot

Data procrssing & info management

Learning about Flex?

* We monitor all Flex reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.