Flickr

Stunning photos and stories, event announcements, latest news, and much more from within the Flickr community.

Work for Flickr?

Learning about Flickr?

Flickr Reviews

Showing 43 Flickr reviews
Flickr review by <span>Sabrina B.</span>
Sabrina B.

Review of Flickr

What do you like best?

My favourite part of the website is the high-quality level of the imagery that you can download. As a designer, this is an asset. I would use this website frequently whenever I would need some images for any of the projects that I was working on. I also love that artists are able to share their work in a high-quality form using this website as well.

Also, this website houses quite a number of free domain imagery. One such collection was from the British Library that had a lot of free antique book illustrations that were great for collage design.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have too many things that I dislike about Flickr at all. I've heard some bad reviews about the gallery view and how it only shows rectangular images even if the image itself is a rectangular at all. I don't mind this too much because I actually like a grid format especially if the website is being used to display a portfolio it just makes everything look nice and organized. However, if someone is trying to display an image that isn't rectangular I do see how this can be a downside for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendations other than do some research on the website to make sure that it is what you are looking for in the ways of displaying your work.

I use this website all the time when I was working for the Mace and Crown. We would store all of our images that were made by the two newspaper photographers on Flickr. That way everyone on staff had access to the images especially me who was compiling the newspaper together. All of the images were of high quality and that just made my job a lot easier. Especially if that just made my job a lot easier. Especially if the editor-in-chief wanted me to do something cool with an image in Photoshop then I was easily able to do that.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flickr
Flickr review by <span>Erik U.</span>
Erik U.

My go-to service for image storage and archival

What do you like best?

Flickr is an easily integrated service that provides peace of mind in knowing our professional and personal photography assets are safely archived.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a built in option that recognizes duplicate images and offers the option to remove them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only concern with the Flickr service is the uncertainty surrounding ownership with the recent transfer from Yahoo to Verizon. Presumably the phot community is a strong asset and will withstand any cutbacks that may come with new ownership. That said, I’m reluctant to put all my eggs in one basket for fear of loosing access to our asse

While we use multiple other services for digital asset management, Flickr is our failsafe to capturing all images used for professional and personal purposes. The community also provides a useful public channel to promote our work and connect with other professionals in the industry.

What Photo Management solution do you use?

Flickr review by <span>Blake H.</span>
Blake H.

Great Photo warehouse

What do you like best?

I really like Flickr. It has a large storage space for storing of photos. But the main thing I like best are finding large format photos that can be used. Make sure to not infringe on the photographers copy right and that you only use photos with permission. But I've used Flickr for years to find the photos I need for business, websites or anything else.

What do you dislike?

The app doesn't have a great sorting functionality which can be a little annoying. Also the search function works great but only if the photographer lists keywords and a description for that photo so it is sometimes hard the find the photos you want.

We use Flickr for all our photo needs for business, materials, websites, etc. there are so many photos stored in Flickr it is a giant warehouse. The best part is that the images are really large format.

Flickr review by <span>Ursula W.</span>
Ursula W.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

I love flickr

What do you like best?

I like that we can upload full resolution photos and they display the settings that were used to take the photo. I like that we can have groups.

What do you dislike?

i wish there was a hashtag feature, i wish groups and albums were easier to navigate, i wish i t would tell me if i upload a duplicate and i wish the phone upload for back up could be in a private for your eyes only with a password lock to see it, vs just being there. meaning i like to hand over my phone and i dont want those all there.

sometimes customers dont have drop box or dont have enough space for that thing, I use flickr to upload images after weddings and the customer families can download what they want from their album. its simple to hit download and its free!

Flickr review by <span>Maria C.</span>
Maria C.

Works fine, but interface is bizarre.

What do you like best?

For fairly quick photo uploads, this is a fine tool. I also like how it can create a slideshow out of all the photos in an album. The feature of having several different sizes of images for sharing is also very helpful for our platform.

What do you dislike?

The interface is often very counter-intuitive and not very user-friendly. Uploading photos is not difficult, but the process could be simplified. What's most annoying about the platform is how the photos are organized once they're uploaded. It's difficult to find past photos without knowing exactly what the album is called, and if you have several team members using the platform, it can be very difficult to locate whole albums or single photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep track of everything you've uploaded. Sometimes tracking a photo or album can be tricky if you can't remember what it was called.

Quick uploading! For hosting on a third-party site, it makes it easy to get photos up quickly and mostly without effort. I also appreciate having the slideshows for our website.

Flickr review by <span>Tony M.</span>
Tony M.

Flickr makes it easy

What do you like best?

Flickr makes it easy for users to store, share, and organize images. You can join groups with similar interests and photo types. You can copyright and protect your images. It also allows you to share images at varying sizes. You can source images from the website by getting in touch with the photographer and requesting permission. The response level varies significantly depending on the person though.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints about Flickr's service. I wish it wasn't owned by Yahoo. They have changed the login process several times and disallowed google account emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you enjoy sharing photos and creating organized albums, I recommend Flickr.

We currently use it to run a lobby slideshow which showcases projects and welcomes new guests. I personally use it to sort photos and create albums to share with family members who are not on facebook.

Learning about Flickr?

* We monitor all Flickr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.