Flickr

Stunning photos and stories, event announcements, latest news, and much more from within the Flickr community.

Work for Flickr?

Learning about Flickr?

Flickr Reviews

Showing 81 Flickr reviews
Flickr review by <span>Vanessa D.</span>
Vanessa D.

"Amazing Update, love!"

What do you like best?

I love the new update, that you can create albums, the fact that you can see which photos gain more attention than others, and especially the wide use of the website for the header on top. I love the way you can see where the photo was taken, it really shows depth to not only a visual aspect, but some information about how it was and where.

What do you dislike?

I feel like its a bit out-dated, may only have a narrow audience, for photographers to show their work. But, I believe since its update in design from the previous (more than 5 years ago) the traction it has gained is probably from loyal customers for Flickr.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the great design and interface, this is easy to use, beautiful to look at, and practical in all the functions of the website.

The partnerships that Flickr has prevents me from having to find a good printer for books or albums. It is all in one place, super convenient. Partnerships with Adobe, Blurb, and others is a great way to incentivize people to become a PRO member, instead of only the free trial.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flickr
Flickr review by <span>Sabrina B.</span>
Sabrina B.

"Review of Flickr"

What do you like best?

My favourite part of the website is the high-quality level of the imagery that you can download. As a designer, this is an asset. I would use this website frequently whenever I would need some images for any of the projects that I was working on. I also love that artists are able to share their work in a high-quality form using this website as well.

Also, this website houses quite a number of free domain imagery. One such collection was from the British Library that had a lot of free antique book illustrations that were great for collage design.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have too many things that I dislike about Flickr at all. I've heard some bad reviews about the gallery view and how it only shows rectangular images even if the image itself is a rectangular at all. I don't mind this too much because I actually like a grid format especially if the website is being used to display a portfolio it just makes everything look nice and organized. However, if someone is trying to display an image that isn't rectangular I do see how this can be a downside for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendations other than do some research on the website to make sure that it is what you are looking for in the ways of displaying your work.

I use this website all the time when I was working for the Mace and Crown. We would store all of our images that were made by the two newspaper photographers on Flickr. That way everyone on staff had access to the images especially me who was compiling the newspaper together. All of the images were of high quality and that just made my job a lot easier. Especially if that just made my job a lot easier. Especially if the editor-in-chief wanted me to do something cool with an image in Photoshop then I was easily able to do that.

What Photo Management solution do you use?

Flickr review by <span>Erik U.</span>
Erik U.

"My go-to service for image storage and archival"

What do you like best?

Flickr is an easily integrated service that provides peace of mind in knowing our professional and personal photography assets are safely archived.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a built in option that recognizes duplicate images and offers the option to remove them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only concern with the Flickr service is the uncertainty surrounding ownership with the recent transfer from Yahoo to Verizon. Presumably the phot community is a strong asset and will withstand any cutbacks that may come with new ownership. That said, I’m reluctant to put all my eggs in one basket for fear of loosing access to our asse

While we use multiple other services for digital asset management, Flickr is our failsafe to capturing all images used for professional and personal purposes. The community also provides a useful public channel to promote our work and connect with other professionals in the industry.

Flickr review by <span>Blake H.</span>
Blake H.

"Great Photo warehouse"

What do you like best?

I really like Flickr. It has a large storage space for storing of photos. But the main thing I like best are finding large format photos that can be used. Make sure to not infringe on the photographers copy right and that you only use photos with permission. But I've used Flickr for years to find the photos I need for business, websites or anything else.

What do you dislike?

The app doesn't have a great sorting functionality which can be a little annoying. Also the search function works great but only if the photographer lists keywords and a description for that photo so it is sometimes hard the find the photos you want.

We use Flickr for all our photo needs for business, materials, websites, etc. there are so many photos stored in Flickr it is a giant warehouse. The best part is that the images are really large format.

Flickr review by <span>Susana Marina R.</span>
Susana Marina R.

"Flickr the website, where you look, sell and share photos and videos. "

What do you like best?

The popularity of Flickr is mainly due to the ability to manage images through tools that allow authors to: tag their photographs, explore and comment on other users' images. Flickr is a tool that can be used to enhance photography classes. Storage: allows you to classify and store photos. In addition to sharing them with whoever you want.

Pro version: there is a version that is not free (costs 18 to 20 annual approx.), Which is the ability to save unlimited number of photos you want, with the maximum resolution.

You can choose to view the images in various sizes and even in presentation mode

It is very easy to upload the photos, label them and describe them

The organization of the photos is very simple.

What do you dislike?

Quality: in the free version, the photos lose resolution as in Facebook.

Privacy: only allows you to share it with all your friends or family, or with anyone, I would prefer an application that would allow us to discriminate between my own contacts, since I could have the intention of sharing it with only a few. The same problem with Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Subscribers of free accounts can upload videos in normal quality and 100 MB in photos per month, with a maximum of 200 images as cap, for each free account. After reaching these limits, only the last 200 images uploaded remain visible, that is, the first charges become hidden, but they are not eliminated. In the same way, a user with a free account can only upload images with a maximum resolution of 1024 * 768 pixels, that is, if a higher resolution image is loaded in a free account, the site resizes it to the indicated resolution.

It has a community of users who share photographs and videos created by themselves. This community is governed by rules of behavior and conditions of use that favor the good management of the contents. Allows searches of images by tags, by date and by Creative Commons licenses.

Other functions are the RSS and Atom channels, and the API that allows independent developers to create services and applications linked to Flickr. The service is based on the usual characteristics of HTML and HTTP, allowing it to be useful in multiple platforms and web browsers. The interface of labeling and text editing uses AJAX, which is also compatible with the vast majority of browsers. Images (photographs or videos) can also be sent via email.

Organizing is a non-essential component of Flickr, which is based on Adobe Flash technology, which is widely available but not fully open.

Flickr review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Great Storage and Viewing Website"

What do you like best?

I love this website for the huge storage that you are allocated for free! I also like the sharing capabilities and being able to see so many other public photos. I have used it beyond my business needs to see many photos as updates for some of my favorite companies and destinations that I hope to visit one day!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I can think of that I dislike about this website is the fact that I have not found it to connect to much else of social media whereas Instagram is part of Facebook. I also do not know as many people that use it as use many other sites such as Dropbox and even Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and just emailing or sharing files with thumb drives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Flickr to anyone who needs photo storage and/or sharing opportunities! I have thoroughly enjoyed the use of this website over the last few years! I love being able to follow SpaceX and see their latest updates and preparations for their future launches. I am not sure why SpaceX uses the platform so strongly but I find it a lot more effective than scrolling through Twitter and Instagram to be able to find a large collection of their photos.

We are able to solve business problems with Flickr by sharing photos throughout projects and evaluations. I have realized the benefits of not worrying about flash drives or emails as much anymore as we are able to just share links and have extra storage while using Flickr,

Flickr review by <span>Jamie M.</span>
Jamie M.

"A great way to display photos and useful backup"

What do you like best?

I like that with the gps feature on my camera this will geotag your photos on the map. There are many groups for whatever your interest and subject matter might be. I photograph landmarks, buildings, etc and get a lot of exposure and make a lot of connections on flickr through the groups. The UI is simple, clean and easy to understand. Uploads are a breeze and organizing photos into albums is easy too. This is easily the best photography website on the internet.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There is nothing that I dislike about flickr.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have geotagging feature on your phone make sure you have it enabled to take advantage of flickrs feature. Join the groups and make connections!

I have gained exposure to people throughout the country who have contacted me to order prints of my photographs or use my photographs in publications, including the cover of the local telephone directory! (yes they still print those) Flickr is all about connections, connections, connections!

Flickr review by <span>Sai T.</span>
Sai T.

"Cloud service"

What do you like best?

Easy of uploading all documents in one place, Easy to share with a large group of people and easily accessible with the app. It has a good gallery segregation where the photos are divided into selfies, camera, whatsapp photos etc. What I love is the fact that the photos are private and secured and not prone to breaking in. People with Windows phone (In those days) as well as an apple phone could access with equal ease.

What do you dislike?

Very few people use Flikr in their day to day lives. Most people opt for Google Drive these days as they can store work files and make word documents and powerpoint slides all at one place. Flikr does not have such facilities. I don't like the fact that we have to register to become a member of flikr as it spams the inbox with unneccessary email and pings us as soon as some activity within a group takes place. I check it anyway, why email me and waste your energy and my time?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very few people I know use Flikr in their day to day lives even though it is a good app.

Flikr helps to combine workplace photos in one place and provides good communication medium between colleagues. However, like I said, it is not an official workplace software. It has a free version which the employees used to share photos and videos informally among the organization as it was easily installed on the desktop. It relies on the standard HTML which is available everywhere these days.

Flickr review by User

"Flickr is a Great Platform that Missed It's Opportunity"

What do you like best?

Flickr has always been a great way to share and archive photos. Since the start, Flickr's stated goal was to be a digital photo gallery for photographers, enthusiasts and professional. They pretty much inspired the clean and responsive grid system that most galleries and photo platforms, including Instagram, have embraced. Uploads are easy, and you can organize photos fairly easily into galleries.

What do you dislike?

Flickr missed it's moment and is no longer the go-to destination for the best photos on the web, nor is it a useful option for photographers to share their work. Flickr is missing the social functionality and cultural embrace of Instagram, yet it's also missing the high end pedigree of similar services like 500px. And it can't hold a candle to the archival and search capabilities of Google Photos. It's not so much that there is anything inherently wrong with Flickr, so much as it doesn't stand up to the competition in any one area, and it loses it's value as a result.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used to LOVE Flickr, but as mentioned in my review, it's no longer the best at anything it tries to do, and it feels like a forgotten service tucked away in a corner of the net that nobody visits anymore. I suggest Google Drive or Dropbox for professional storage, as the unlimited options are great and access and storage is better, with syncing and better file structures. Flickr is a good option for the casual photographer looking for a small backup (1TB) for free. For anything social or for which you need reach, use Instagram. And to present a professional portfolio, use Squarespace.

At this point I use Flickr as a creative reference resource and stock image source. I have used Flickr over the years to present galleries, to create randomized galleries that work as background pages on websites, to archive my photos, to source reference images for creative projects and to source stock imagery.

I also still have a large number of photos from early in my career archived with Flickr, and it is certainly a benefit to me that I have been able to leave my photos archived on their servers without fear of losing them. I'm still waiting to see if Flickr returns to form to compete with Google and Instagram, as I loved what the platform once was, but it's use for business has become increasingly limited.

Flickr review by <span>Dianna W.</span>
Dianna W.

"Photo storing and sharing made easy"

What do you like best?

It is easy to store and share photos on Flickr. It is easy to find friends. Flickr can be used to share photos for Creative Commons Licensing. The amount of space on Flickr for the free account is 1 TB which is also a pro of Flickr. Flickr allows for great organization of your photos, too, which can come in handy. It is nice to be able to see what others have posted and shared which really adds to Flickr. You can also make a book from your photos with a partner company that it embedded into the site. There are a lot of options with Flickr including upgrading to a Pro Account which is what some are looking for.

What do you dislike?

Not many of my friends use Flickr, and logging in to find friends gave me errors with facebook and Google.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This can be used to create and share photos and albums. It has a lot of space, so this is a way to share a lot of photos. These photos can be made public to share with various Creative Commons Licensing. This can also show up in Google Images Search. This is a way to host photos that you want to share with others.

This is a great way to share with others in business, but to also allow for photos to be made public to allow for Creative Commons Licensing to be shared with others-especially students-to discuss Creative Commons Licensing in relation to Copyright.

Flickr review by <span>Ursula W.</span>
Ursula W.

"I love flickr"

What do you like best?

I like that we can upload full resolution photos and they display the settings that were used to take the photo. I like that we can have groups.

What do you dislike?

i wish there was a hashtag feature, i wish groups and albums were easier to navigate, i wish i t would tell me if i upload a duplicate and i wish the phone upload for back up could be in a private for your eyes only with a password lock to see it, vs just being there. meaning i like to hand over my phone and i dont want those all there.

sometimes customers dont have drop box or dont have enough space for that thing, I use flickr to upload images after weddings and the customer families can download what they want from their album. its simple to hit download and its free!

Flickr review by User in Internet

"Works fine, but interface is bizarre."

What do you like best?

For fairly quick photo uploads, this is a fine tool. I also like how it can create a slideshow out of all the photos in an album. The feature of having several different sizes of images for sharing is also very helpful for our platform.

What do you dislike?

The interface is often very counter-intuitive and not very user-friendly. Uploading photos is not difficult, but the process could be simplified. What's most annoying about the platform is how the photos are organized once they're uploaded. It's difficult to find past photos without knowing exactly what the album is called, and if you have several team members using the platform, it can be very difficult to locate whole albums or single photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep track of everything you've uploaded. Sometimes tracking a photo or album can be tricky if you can't remember what it was called.

Quick uploading! For hosting on a third-party site, it makes it easy to get photos up quickly and mostly without effort. I also appreciate having the slideshows for our website.

Flickr review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Flickr makes it easy "

What do you like best?

Flickr makes it easy for users to store, share, and organize images. You can join groups with similar interests and photo types. You can copyright and protect your images. It also allows you to share images at varying sizes. You can source images from the website by getting in touch with the photographer and requesting permission. The response level varies significantly depending on the person though.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints about Flickr's service. I wish it wasn't owned by Yahoo. They have changed the login process several times and disallowed google account emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you enjoy sharing photos and creating organized albums, I recommend Flickr.

We currently use it to run a lobby slideshow which showcases projects and welcomes new guests. I personally use it to sort photos and create albums to share with family members who are not on facebook.

Flickr review by Consultant in Human Resources
Consultant in Human Resources

"Flickr is on the way out"

What do you like best?

For a terabyte of storage the price is really great, and once you get your photos loaded into the photostream you can batch them into an album.

What do you dislike?

There is no mass upload tool, while this might fly if I had a free account it doesn't for a paid business account. If you try to load more than 150 photos at a time the loader stalls. Even if you are using 3rd party freeware to try and hack that issue. And forget about creating an album at the same time as uploading your photos - while you can select it the system will error out every time, thus making your efforts futile. God forbid you want to apply captions to the photos- to credit the photographers you worked with on an event. That you have to do individually, you can't batch apply......

In a nutshell this platform started of as intutive, but is quickly becoming obsolete.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using this for large photo uploads I suggest you track the amouunt of time (on average) your uploads take. Then apply your hourly rate to the amount of time you've just invested.

Add this onto the membership fee and then see if Flickr is still costs effective for your business or if just having a cloud/ftp site might be a better investment for your needs.

Flickr is an affordable online host where we can direct our flower growers & partner farms to so that they can download photos as needed for their marketing materials.

Flickr review by <span>Jeanne T.</span>
Jeanne T.

"Flickr Review"

What do you like best?

I like Flickr, it is like having my own cloud storage for pictures, easy access, easy to upload, easy to view and I can set the privacy settings. I was also able to incorporate the link to a website, instead of storing pictures in our website, it goes to Flickr. The best part is I can upload from mobile to site, so easy.

What do you dislike?

It would nice to be able to upload vidoes as well, and, maybe increase storage so i can just store endless pictures for a lifetime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended to use Flickr, for business and even personal use

File sharing, storing in the Flickr cloud for easy access

Flickr review by <span>Nada Chan, C.</span>
Nada Chan, C.

"Photo sharing for the past"

What do you like best?

I used to use Flickr to share photos. It was really easy to use to upload and share photos. I loved that I could create a photo album and allow other users to add images to the same album so all photos from one event is in one location.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Flickr is yahoo based. I forgot my password on my yahoo email account and was never able to gain access back into my Flickr account. My photos are still there but I cannot delete my account nor take any additional actions.

The ability to share images with a wide audience - anyone with the the link is able to see the photos categorized into different albums. The ability for Flickr to store the images on their server means we didn't have to find ways to store images ourselves. Allowing other users to contribute to the album means less time wasted on coordination and taking more of a self help approach.

Flickr review by User

"Abundant collection of high quality photos with enhanced copyright protection"

What do you like best?

- Sound copyright protection - other's cannot easily download your photos

- Enables variety of searches in database that rivals google's image bank.

- Fantastic app and easy to use functionalities in both iOS and Android.

- Variety of searching methodology to find the most recent photos.

What do you dislike?

- Photos are not as professional as Gettyimages

- Upload speed is a bit slow comparing to others

- Does not include metadata that you can view the location of the photoshoot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flickr is free, easy to use and intuitive; it's best for basic photo viewing and sharing. You can also search for a variety of images but not for downloading.

Used Flickr to view and upload photos for marketing purposes. Great benefits and these photos can be easily shared among others.

Flickr review by <span>Eisa E.</span>
Eisa E.

"Privately Share Photos "

What do you like best?

I love how you can share your photos with the clients you have and they cannot download the photos. It minimizes people stealing my art but allows them to see it on a high-quality platform. This platform also allows you to see all the photos your photographer has taken edited and unedited.

What do you dislike?

Minimal space to upload large photos. The photos would either be cut off or the quality was off. Also, if you do not have a yahoo account, setting up Flickr is difficult. You can view photos sent to you regardless.

I tried various platforms to share my documents without it being copy-righted, stollen or misused. I can limit who can download what or see what which makes me feel in control of my art.

Flickr review by <span>Grant B.</span>
Grant B.

"Personal and business user of Flickr to share my work"

What do you like best?

Flickr is easy to use and allows for huge storage space. This space can be used with my pictures in jpeg, png, and even RAW formats which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The explore section of Flickr is somewhat limited and catered towards those with paid accounts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are aware of the paid platform and see if it suits your needs.

Being able to uploads tons of RAW images and sharing the metadata has been a huge benefits. I can even tag the location of where I shot my pictures.

Flickr review by <span>Paweł K.</span>
Paweł K.

"Photo stock for the rest of us"

What do you like best?

Flickr allows to search photos licensed for commercial use for free. And because it's world's largest photo site it consists of lots of high quality and -- what's important -- naturally looking photos.

What do you dislike?

Great photos for commercial use could be easier to find. Sometimes you need to dig into search mode, but it's worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using Flickr as alternative stock photo source

Sometimes we need stock photos that don't look like stock photos. And on Flickr there are people kind enough to offer them for attribution or even free.

You can also use Flickr to store photos used by your company.

Flickr review by <span>Hailey F.</span>
Hailey F.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

It's got great features. Plus, ease of use is really something I look for, and Flickr seems to have that. The photos people share on there are really good quality and I like the warm community as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it doesn't stand out much from the crowd in its industry, though it does its job well. It also would be nice if it built in a free media creator/editor option.

I am able to find good photos for my blog and help spread the word about other people's content in the process. Plus, it helps in finding inspiration for my travel writing when I have time off from my trips.

Flickr review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Sharing Memories"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and accessible to anyone no matter their skill level. The galleries make it easy for someone to catalog different events or dates. Since each album creates its own unique URL it is simple to share those albums with a specific group of people instead of just sending a generic link. The fact that you can load and others can download full resolution images is a great benefit as most people want to print the memories of the events we post.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes setting up the galleries can get a bit complicated since you have to load the images on one side and then be able to add them to a created album. It still does the job after a few workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and amazing features

We typically have events with VIP receptions that include pictures for our guests this is a fast and easy way to share these photos with our attendees without losing resolution. We typically print out small cards with the URL and share them with the attendees that saves us so much time and effort since we don't even need to keep track of who receives the images we just make it available to them.

Flickr review by <span>Julie O.</span>
Julie O.

"Just another photo site?"

What do you like best?

I really like the drag and drop features, as well as the ability to make albums to share. This is especially helpful after special events. And, the explore where you can look at other photos and choose favorites is a wonderful way to get new ideas and just see cool photos.

What do you dislike?

A tiny bit overwhelming with so many options of things to do, but that is not necessarily bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay attention to the privacy settings when uploading to be sure it is how you need it to be.

Much better than sending out giant emails with files attached. I just recreated a personal account but have used this in the past after fundraisers and other events and really liked the ease of use.

Flickr review by <span>Maggie L.</span>
Maggie L.

"Easy-to-use photo sharing tool"

What do you like best?

With Flickr, I am able to upload large amounts of photos and easily share them. I use Flickr for larger collections; events that we put on as well as our annual auction. For our auction, I am able to upload all of the individual items and describe them in great detail. I can share the link in the email advertisements for participants to view what they would like to bid on. It's also very easy to share album links on social media. I really enjoy how clean the display is. There's also been more development of the social media side of it that I enjoy but I don't use it as much as Instagram.

What do you dislike?

While security is important, I dislike how difficult it is to switch users on different computers. Having one office account for our communications team has created countless headaches with security flags. Luckily, we've been able to resolve any issues but it would be better if they weren't there in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to use this more as storage, like Dropbox, more than live-sharing, like Instagram. Also, if allowed, keep the account logged into one device if there's only one person who needs to use it. Keep your photos organized in albums; the space is there so use it!

We use Flickr to quickly upload large quantities of photos that would crowd our Facebook page. We can do light edits to photos that don't need Photoshop or anything else.

Flickr review by <span>Sotir N.</span>
Sotir N.

"Flickr is the Best!"

What do you like best?

Gives you the right to upload and distribute your pictures free ,while maintaining good image quality. The idea is great if you have a particularly great need of new images for your projects. I create websites and according to the theme of the site review site Always take new photos tile to look fresh.

The pictures are large and you can use them as wallpaper. It's great that you can see the image of what the camera is made and what options the camera were gold.

You can see details about the photo, and even where it was photographed. Do you have contact with the person who was doing the photo and you can always ask him anything if you have questions

You can upload your photos and space that give you a 1TB

What do you dislike?

I like everything. There is nothing to dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

The way the company develops is great. I wish the company to move forward still like now.

I find it always nice pictures when I need them. When I like many a photo see its characteristics and I can do such image.

Flickr review by <span>Kiarash T.</span>
Kiarash T.

"Flickr"

What do you like best?

Flicker is fine for a free image hosting service. They give you 1 TB of data for free, and more if you need it. 1 TB should be enough though unless you literally upload thousands of high resolution pictures. It really comes down to if you need to have a photography profile or somewhere to show of you photos, then flicker is a good option. If you really need to just host and share, there are better alternatives like imgur.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have a lot to complain, I just didn't like the path they took flicker but having to have a "social community" rather than just a picture hosting service. But this seemed to work for a bunch of other people.

I think if you take photography somewhat seriously use flickr. I honestly haven't heard of many different competitors with the same service and it seems like one of the most, if not the most popular one out there so your profilo with reach a much bigger community.

Flickr review by <span>Bruce E.</span>
Bruce E.

"A fairly well versed photo storage site "

What do you like best?

Flickr remains one of the better free photo storage sites despite its age and ongoing problems with Yahoo. It offers a nice terabyte of free storage, easy to use interface, and great presentation functions for showing off photos at their best. The site does a great job of not butchering photos with compression schemes or even advertisements, making it a fairly decent way to create a portfolio of works created.

What do you dislike?

A lack of certain features can be make it more of a hassle to store photos that are copyrighted or need certain restrictions in usage. While the site offers a system to categorizing the rights and usage policy for each photo, it can still be too easy for others to steal or copy images. This might be more of a pet peeve, especially when one considers that Flickr is free (at least for basic uses).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flickr does a fairly good job of at just offering photo storage and photo sharing duties. The one thing to consider is the future of Yahoo. Will any future owners keep the site going and if they do, in what form will they use?

Flickr has been handy for a number of reasons include photo storage, displaying images for clients, creating a simple portfolio, and in with management of groups of photographs.

Flickr review by <span>Jess M.</span>
Jess M.

"My go-to for photo storage and search"

What do you like best?

Flickr gives you TONS of storage for all of your photos. You likely won't need to pay for a pro account, unless you plan on uploading a LOT of images each month.

Flickr is also a great place for searching for photographs that can be used without infringing on copyright laws. All you have to do is search for photos with the Public Domain and Creative Commons designations in order to find images that can be downloaded, altered and reused. Just be sure you're not reusing All Rights Reserved images!

What do you dislike?

Adding tags, titles, captions, etc. can be a bit time-consuming and clunky. However, I use Flickr mostly to store photos without captions so I don't find that this is a deal breaker. It's nice that there is even an option to add additional text to photos, compared to DropBox where you can't.

Flickr is a great place to organize photos from clients that take up too much space in DropBox- and keep them private. I also like that you can access these images from anywhere that you have Internet access, making it a better alternative than saving images to a desktop or server that I don't always have access to. It's quick and easy to upload and download images.

Flickr review by <span>Laura Lee T.</span>
Laura Lee T.

"Flickr Keeps Memories of Your Events in One Convenient Location"

What do you like best?

For me, this site is basically a flash drive for your photos. You can share them with other people, or keep them safe on Flickr in different albums - ensuring you never lose your photos.

What do you dislike?

Flickr's interface tends to be a bit confusing for me. I have a difficult time navigating my way around the site beyond what I use it for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful what photos you post, these photos are typically public unless you set your settings properly.

Flickr has been a great way to keep track of events and photos following those events.

Flickr review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Just like the Cloud"

What do you like best?

Flickr is a nice site to upload pictures and share them. It is also free for the most part and is easy to make an account.

What do you dislike?

There are never any updates, and I do not feel like they are advancing to the best of their abilities. The editing tools on the site are minor and do not make any changes to the photo. The site is also completely public and stores it on a large database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This site is good, but honestly there are better photo sharing sites. Unfortunately, Flickr is becoming obscure with the rise in social media sites. They rarely make any updates and do not meet the standards of other sites.

It is a free site to share pictures, and is a great site to use for free.

Flickr review by User in Higher Education

"Great but neglected platform for photos"

What do you like best?

It's easy to upload and store photos in Flickr, as well as to share photos as needed. The editing functions work well and are intuitive. The organizational structure is straight forward. I also appreciate the ability to control accessibility, in terms of viewing privacy and commenting.

What do you dislike?

Despite finding very little wrong with Flickr as a platform for sharing and storing photos, I feel it's become nearly obsolete since the advent of Facebook, Instagram, Google Photos, and more heavily used social media platforms. I rarely see people using Flickr anymore, even though it's great. In the past I would pay a yearly fee for the "Pro" account, but feel no need to load my photos to Flickr anymore with Google and iCloud being free options with a large maximum storage amount. The fee may hinger its use.

Sharing photos through Flickr is easy. I also found it to be the only platform I could use when developing a website through Weebly. I was able to access my photos through Flickr to place onto websites better than other ways.

Flickr review by <span>Cara S.</span>
Cara S.

"Flickr"

What do you like best?

I love the (nearly) unlimited storage space. I take a lot of photos! I love that there's no fee, and I can set privacy so as to not share personal photos.

What do you dislike?

Flickr and Smugmug are now combining. Smugmug charges a monthly fee, and I wonder what that means for the future of Flickr. Also, for the past few years "auto uploader" has only been available on premium.

I am able to store my photography en mass - large files, multiple edits of the same file, and unedited files. Much more than my desktop computer could ever handle. @carasieraphotography

Flickr review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Flickr for photo storage and archive. "

What do you like best?

Fllickr is easy to use and very intuitive. Many folks can use it, which makes it great for our multiple photographers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to group pictures. The photo stream makes it difficult to find older pictures, or search for images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up albums ahead of time to make it easier to organize photos later.

Multiple photographers are able to upload to one place, so we don't have multiple albums across software. All our photos are in one place which is very useful.

Flickr review by <span>Angélique S.</span>
Angélique S.

"Great for image search!"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can search images by the type of license they have!

What do you dislike?

The search is not always instinctive- one time, I typed "international" and got pictures of a truck from the brand International, when I was thinking of pictures of the Earth/different countries, ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have ample time to search. The pictures are breath-taking but it may take some time to find the right keyword to get the picture you want.

Finding pictures I can use in my presentations, without risking copyright infringement.

Flickr review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Flickr"

What do you like best?

I like that Flickr has been around a long time and stores my photos. It is easy to use and a great way to store my photos. It has been a great place to access my photos. It stores up to 1,000 GB of photos. It shares link and connects with other sites, with a click. I am able to follow other photoghaphers and view their photos from all over the world. Flicker has only improved every year. This is a place to share your photo art around the world. To have followers, no advertising, and the ability to create beautiful art with editing photos, it's a great place to put your photo on canvas and it's reasonably priced. These are secured photos but can be shared. It is all about photography from the camaras to the canvas and frames. This is the place to create and as they say, "Explore" your creativity.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything bad to say about Flickr, it is unique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's like looking at a photo magazine, without the advertising! I love that there is endless beauty on there. It's a great escape into other 'worlds'. So, many options to create and edit on Flickr. I enjoy this site so very much.

Flickr review by <span>Faith J.</span>
Faith J.

"Gallery and network"

What do you like best?

On the Flickr platform the ability to connect with others that have similar creative tendencies is great. There is not a required software that has to be used for the platform, which allows for more creativity. A user can be connected with an individual that d9es freehand art and also digital art. Or photography.

What do you dislike?

My personal experience with Flickr has been an enjoyable one.

Flickr allows for me to showcase my work if I desire to. By showcasing my work, more people can see it.

Flickr review by <span>Lesly C.</span>
Lesly C.

"Red social, sencillo y sin complicacion"

What do you like best?

lo que mas me agrada de esta red social es que tiene un almacenamiento de 1 tera, no te baja la resolución de las imágenes ni de los vídeos, puedo compartir vídeos de 3 minutos de duración

What do you dislike?

que el creador es yhaoo, por lo tal puedes ingresar con facilidad desde tu cuenta yhaoo, google o facebook

la alta resolución de las imágenes y vídeos nos permite poder compartir fotos en alta resolución y vídeos que pueden durar hasta 3 minutos

Flickr review by <span>Jordan M.</span>
Jordan M.

"A photosharing suite by Yahoo!"

What do you like best?

Flickr does one thing and does it well: allow for the upload and distribution of high quality photographs. Flickr was one of the first photosharing websites on the scene and has managed to maintain its presence as a high quality photo distributor even with the advent of social media pushing into the scene.

What do you dislike?

Flickr requires a yahoo account to use. Who ever remembers their yahoo password? It would be better if Yahoo allowed for Google and Facebook integration for Flickr as it would open up access to more users and better APIs.

I use this program for storing and sharing photographs related to the cases I work on.

Flickr review by <span>Tracy M.</span>
Tracy M.

"Flicker"

What do you like best?

Flicker is a great way to store your photos online, and also searchable. I reduces hard drive space and a great way to share pics with friends and family

What do you dislike?

There wasnt any part of this that I didnt like, the only thing that was a bit of a bummer was that search results are hard to wade through.

I use flick for a sports club and display action shots of the games on a weekly basis

Flickr review by <span>Sergi .</span>
Sergi .

"Compartir fotos es fácil"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de Flickr es la gran comunidad que encontramos detrás; desde gente amateur hasta gente profesional que pueden aportar su granito de arena para ayudarte en mejorar esas tomas

What do you dislike?

En líneas generales, la web está bien diseñada, sin ningún problema destacado. Quizás se debería revisar el robo de fotografías propias.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probadlo, es de lo mejorcito que hay

Compartir tu empresa a través de fotos es lo mejor: obtienes una publicidad fácil y gratuita.

"I have had bigger "

What do you like best?

I like that they have updated their website, but it's hard to find details about how to set up photos or what they look like. I just see big pictures that they have picked.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to scroll through when it takes so long to load in between photos. My photo storage for free is limited. I wish it was more. I hate that it's connected to Yahoo, too. I barely use Yahoo.

It's a nice place to store photos. I don't really have any benefits honestly. I've migrated to other products. NOw that it's going through a merger with SmugMug. I won't really go to it since I'm not quite familiar with it.

Flickr review by <span>Mat W.</span>
Mat W.

"Used to be great but not so much anymore"

What do you like best?

The quality of the images in terms of resolution and content make it an ideal place to source creative commons licensed images for various commercial and non commercial usage. I also really enjoy browsing the archive.

What do you dislike?

Flickr used to be a great repository of amazing images. Since the Yahoo! takeover however the site has been left to stagnate with other social media platforms such as Instagram taking its place. This is a real shame as it was one of the first photo sharing social media sites but it never really capitalised on its initial traction.

Sourcing images for slideshows and presentations.

Flickr review by Consultant

"Makes sharing and collaborating a breeze"

What do you like best?

This is an indispensable piece of software for anyone working in photography, and especially for anyone working with others and photography. Editing one's photos is a pleasure to do using flickr, and it is also so great to be able to so easily share one's works and instantly gain the viewership and helpful, honest feedback of one's work on such a smooth working platform. Flickr also allows anyone to have a dependable and trustworthy backup of any and all of their works, which is essential in today's world of huge personal libraries of photography.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app versions of flickr continue to have some bugs here and there, but the desktop version has proven to be nearly headache-free for years now. I'm quite sure that with a bit more time, the kinks in the mobile apps (I'm on android but have heard similar stories for iOS) will work themselves out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You are unlikely to regret it and, even if you do, you've either lost $0 trying it out (free account) or a very small amount (pro account $5.99)!

How to easily and quickly share photos with colleagues, collaborators and clients the world over. This has proven to be a huge time and hassle saver.

Flickr review by <span>Isaac C.</span>
Isaac C.

"El mayor escaparate para darte a conocer"

What do you like best?

La interfaz tan clara que tiene, lo que facilita publicitar en mi caso las fotografías artísticas de mi hermano

What do you dislike?

Quizá se echa en falta un modo de filtración por circulos tal como ocurre en otras aplicaciones similares, en la que clickando en nuestros archivos nos muestra los más relacionados

Beneficia por la fluidez de la interfaz y lo cómodo que es para el usuario standard

Flickr review by <span>Kristin T.</span>
Kristin T.

"Picture Perfect Site"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the website. Its super easy to access and add photos.

What do you dislike?

Its getting almost a little bit too social media like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its super easy to use and gives details about the different mediums and types of cameras used to take the photos on the site. Super high quality.

Good source of example pics when trying to work on projects for our clients.

Flickr review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Perfect place to upload photos"

What do you like best?

As a blogger, photography is a huge part of my business and Flickr is the perfect place to upload all my work and get inspiration

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I really dislike about Flickr

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flickr is extremely easy to use. The ability to upload photos is extremely easy as is searching for other photos

For me, the biggest benefit from using Flickr is the inspiration I gather from it

Flickr review by <span>tuttie j.</span>
tuttie j.

"Great photo app"

What do you like best?

How it provides photos from all different aspects

What do you dislike?

If people would name the pictures better

No business problems.it helps in a daily image that we post & makes us describe what it means to us.

Flickr review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Solid Platform, some quirks"

What do you like best?

I love having all of the photos in one place with the ability to control who can see, comment on, or download them.

What do you dislike?

The "organize" feature is clunky and time intensive. I wish I could more easily drag and drop items from one album to another.

It allows organization of photos and searchability with tags.

Flickr review by <span>Jennifer M.</span>
Jennifer M.

"Flickr - helps you find your inspiration! "

What do you like best?

Photo Sharing options, organization of photos and overall its a very easy spot to manage your photos.

What do you dislike?

Community needs to be more engaging, keep the unlimited pro storage. Ability to mark/flag selected photos to be showcased as a portfolio website of our own through templates.

None at all really that I have noticed

Flickr review by <span>Sergio G.</span>
Sergio G.

"Flickr, el mejor sitio para almacenar y compartir tus álbumes de foto."

What do you like best?

Flickr me parece una herramienta perfecta para fotografos tanto aficionados como profesionales.Te permite mostrar y compartir tus obras. Ademas de ser una herramienta bastante intuitiva y al alcance de cualquiera.

What do you dislike?

No encuentro puntos negativos en la herramienta Flickr.

Flickr me ha permitido organizar mis propios albumes de fotos y compartirlos de manera gratuita.

Flickr review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Full-Featured Image organization"

What do you like best?

The batch-organization feature allows me to create custom contact sheets and albums that are project based. Images needed for specific projects can be viewed and the lo-res versions may be downloaded for comps.

What do you dislike?

Minimal control of album sharing. At times it can be slow to view. It can be difficult to share albums/images with non-flickr members.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Full-screen image views, online image storage, and organization. It's good for creating project based albums and contact sheets

This application has solved the problem of image storage and organization solutions. Its helped by allowing us to create online contact sheets of catalogued images as well as being able to download lo-res versions for quick usage.

User in Design

"Great way to showcase pics "

What do you like best?

where I work, we use it to showcase all our photographers images throughout the year after photoshoots. Also allows others to view easily.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard to find some images if they aren't labeled correctly. We have THOUSANDS of images and if you are looking for just one specific one it will be like searching a needle in a haystack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's ok. Put other products are easier to use.

We use this for all our photogs to upload images and share with the public. Fast and easy for them to do so.

Flickr review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Easy to Upload, Working on Collaboration"

What do you like best?

It is pretty easy to upload pictures to Flickr and I really appreciate that it's a useful place to keep all pictures from my organization in one place online. I like that you can make different albums and that the pictures can be sorted by different dates, all of this make it useful for using them for promotional reasons.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way that everyone at my organization could have their own log-in but somehow we were all connected once in Flickr, and that we could share with different log-ins but everyone still be a part of the organization's page. This would make sharing the pictures with each other easier.

Company storage of pictures, not having to keep them on my own personal camera or computer.

Flickr review by <span>Jim M.</span>
Jim M.

"Impressed so far"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and really like the fact that the search tool makes it very easy to find photos.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the app can be a little on the slow side but not very often.

can quickly find a post a photo from my library when needed.

Flickr review by <span>Chelsea P.</span>
Chelsea P.

"Basic, Easy Image Hosting"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and search, and storage capabilties.

What do you dislike?

Fairly basic, not the most advanced system, could be better integrated with other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better integration with sites like WordPress and the Google Suite would be amazing!

Easy photo sharing and cheap storage.

"For me it`s ok"

What do you like best?

let's say it is a platform that as a user is simple and pleasant. It does not complicate your life very much, which is very good. the size of the photo is maintained and the automation of the saving is a pro.

What do you dislike?

it does not allow you to customize anything, which is terrible if you take into account that it is a platform for visual and artistic people.

For the company where I work is very useful, it is a great provider of good images.

Flickr review by User

"Love it, the best out there"

What do you like best?

I love flickr, its the best software out there, take my word for it. It's amazing, allows easy and great management of photos which can be used for marketing campaigns. I can't imagine not having Flickr.

What do you dislike?

Nothing honestly, everything about it is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT! You won't regret it.

To manage photos and edit them, and maintain a professional portfolio on our website. Flickr makes everything much easier to do and much more organized.

"It used to be cool."

What do you like best?

I like that it stores all your photos conveniently.

What do you dislike?

I feel like Apple Photos does the same thing, and more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like it's outdated at this point.

We store photos on it.

Flickr review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Flickr"

What do you like best?

I like im able to storage my photos up to 1tb free of charge and also have capabilities to edit inside the app.

What do you dislike?

I dont have dislike anything on this application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for storage, and sharing with editing options.

Its good for creating galleries and sending them out to clients, also giving you the option to download directly.

Flickr review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Flicker fun photos"

What do you like best?

Flickr is great for editing, taking, making adjustments and doing fun things to photos. Its multitude and highly simple for anyone of any age.

What do you dislike?

I have not really found much I have not like about the app. It does sometimes freeze but that's happens very rarely

It gives the benefits of being able to take photos and have certain filters make adjustment. It benefits by giving options

Flickr review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Flickr review"

What do you like best?

Share functionality between photographer and client

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more publishing options for naming and tagging

Collaboration on potential web photographs between photographer and client. It's an easy tool for back and forth communication.

Flickr review by User

"A great platform for photographers"

What do you like best?

Flickr is one of the best ways to share your work as a photographer, when in search of some quality material/work it is a safe value.

What do you dislike?

The interaction between users isn't the best if you want to have a personal chat with others through Flickr itself.

It is a great way to see the work of photographers andget to know their style in a deeper way.

Flickr review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Easy to use but not the most visually situmating. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Folder/File Systems are well organized and easy to access.

What do you dislike?

To the millennial eye, this just isn’t very appealing. But that is hardly a reason not to use this option. Just being picky at this point.

Quick uploads of many corporate events into one place over many users. A place to file all photos regardless the employee or volunteer.

Flickr review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Flickr user review"

What do you like best?

Flickr is the best service for annotating, some curating, uploading/storing, and managing your collection

What do you dislike?

It is not very popular for sharing photos with friends and family and needs a good bit of improvement

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a niche domain photographers site

We post our pictures and it is access controlled to our company. It helps saving revenue on maintaining a server

Flickr review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Flickr"

What do you like best?

Me gusta mucho porque hay cantidad de imágenes y si lo que te gusta es el diseño seguro que encuentras las imágenes que buscas. Y encima es gratis.

What do you dislike?

La verdad es que me gusta casi todo. Además es muy bonito visualmente.

Problemas ninguno. y beneficios muchos porque te dan las imágenes muchas ideas para el marketing de mi comercio.

Flickr review by User in Internet

"Awesome for hosting large amounts of photos!"

What do you like best?

Really great for uploading a ton of photos and allowing people to browse through them

What do you dislike?

I wish people could download the images without having to sign up for an account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for a cheap place to upload a ton of photos!

Allowing me to upload photos from trips easily and for free

Flickr review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"GReat for organization"

What do you like best?

Full res backup, easy viewing capabilities

What do you dislike?

Hard to organize and navigate at times.

Easy viewing of photos and downloads

Flickr review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Flickr For All"

What do you like best?

Flickr is a great cloud based photo sharing/storage site. It's also a great place for inspiration and networking amongst all levels and types of photographers.

What do you dislike?

I'm not really sure that I can say I have any dislikes about the site.

Storage and sharing options are what I use Flickr for the most.

Flickr review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"A Website That Holds Up"

What do you like best?

Image recognition automatically categorizes images. 1TB free storage. Preserves full-size images and EXIF data. Attractive interface. Large photo-sharing community. Geo-tagging, people tagging, keyword tagging. Online photo editing. Traffic stats.

What do you dislike?

Ads in free accounts. User has no control over layout of profile page.

Solving product knowledge problems.

Flickr review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Kind of dated, but nice for storage"

What do you like best?

I like best the ability to store different quality of photos and images

What do you dislike?

What I like least is the interface and how it is kind of dated. The whole slideshow fullscreen mode is not fun.

Keeping larger images up for access without syncing to cloud-based apps

Flickr review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Flickr"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, good website design and intuitive. never had any problems with it.

What do you dislike?

Yahoo makes it harder to streamline with google

sharing photos with each other in high quality for easy access. free and the best option available!

Flickr review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Higher Education

"How to improve appearance and appeal of online class web pages"

What do you like best?

The Simplicity and variety of images available for adding nature and animals to online web pages helps us make more interesting learning spaces.

What do you dislike?

Random and poorly identified images are voluble.

Adding variety and interest to learning environments. Students enjoy my pages.

Flickr review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Flickr "

What do you like best?

Good for sharing pictures and videos onlinr

What do you dislike?

Like google images more as already linked to my gmail

Recently switched to using google pictures. Take pictures and videos of equipment set up and easy to share with coworkers

"Review of Flickr"

What do you like best?

I like how easy flickr is to use, and the quality of product

What do you dislike?

Not much that i dislike! A little hard for my older employees to use.

Benefits are an easy to use system.

User in Design

"Helpful for sharing project progress photos"

What do you like best?

Easy to create and share albums. Can add from multiple devices (phone, camera, web etc)

What do you dislike?

Don’t like ads and have to convert images to jpeg or png

Better to share albums than email. Can send full size

Flickr review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Love/hate with Flickr"

What do you like best?

An online platform for photo storage, a rrally great assest for designers who use a multitude of images.

What do you dislike?

The nagivational aspect of the Flickr site. Very hard to delete photos. And have to create an Yahoo account

Storage of mass group of images, after a photo shoot

User in Design

"Flickr Online Photo Gallery"

What do you like best?

Flickr is easy to use, has a simple interface and free to the public.

What do you dislike?

Paying for extra storage for what used to be free is inconvenient.

Flickr is an easily accessible page to share images.

Flickr review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"good to share photos"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and quite beautiful visually to share photos between colleagues

What do you dislike?

It's a little slow sometimes loading the images

Recommendations to others considering the product

Interesting and easy to use

Podemos compartir fácilmente archivos en grupo

Flickr review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Flickr in a Heartbeat"

What do you like best?

Auto assembly of photo books from pictures your choose.

What do you dislike?

Storage accounts are quite pricey now, they used to be free.

It's a huge timesaver when searching archives for photos in a particular color scheme or pattern.

Flickr review by User

"great for photo sharing"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity and the ability to share photos .

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike flickr is awesome.

sharing images with clients

"Free, public sharing"

What do you like best?

Flickr allows us to share images with the public.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to manage our images across platforms.

This has helped us to find and share images and has connected us to constituents.

Learning about Flickr?

* We monitor all Flickr reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.