Flight by Canto

Canto's digital asset management technologies enable organizations to manage digital content.

Work for Flight by Canto?

Learning about Flight?

Flight by Canto Reviews

Ask Flight a Question
Showing 122 Flight reviews
Flight review by <span>Carijean B.</span>
Carijean B.

Easy to use

What do you like best?

I like Flight because it's intuitive and easy to use. We have a wide range of staff from computer savvy to non and everyone has been able to understand and use Flight successfully. It is also the perfect first step into the world of DAMs. All of our photos were stored on our server with little organization. Just being able to categorize and share photos on Flight has been a godsend.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to delete old or misspelled tags. It becomes harder to search if photos are mislabeled. I'm also not impressed with smart tags (tags that Flight assigns automatically). They are confusing and not particularly accurate. Flight's default setting is to include these when uploading. I wish there was a way to turn off this feature until it becomes more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's especially great if you're new to DAMs. Just take time to establish search terms.

We are now able to share photos across three branches, a dozen departments, and the outside world. Only a few of our marketing team were able to have this kind of access before.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flight by Canto
Flight review by <span>Lily T.</span>
Lily T.

Impressed with Canto

What do you like best?

We have been using Canto Flight as our Data Asset Management system for the past 6 months or so. Overall, we are very pleased with it. It is easy to use and understand, and has a lot of great features.

What do you dislike?

I'm not super excited about the way its lightbox feature works and I don't like how limited my user base and storage amount is for the fee we pay each month, so those are some limitations. It's a fairly expensive subscription service and the jury is still out for us whether we will ultimately be able to continue using and affording it. But for now, we're happy with it.

We have struggled with a good way to manage our digital assets--primarily photo and video assets. Canto Flight is easy to use, easy to organize, very intuitive, and has a better tagging and management system than other DAMs we've used.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Flight review by <span>Rosie P.</span>
Rosie P.
Invitation from the software vendor

Best photo and video management system we could find!

What do you like best?

It is so easy to upload photos in Flight - plus it is fast. I can upload 100 large images and it will take less than 5 minutes.

What do you dislike?

Wish it had facial recognition so it would be easy to tag photos. We have so many event/people photos and it would be great to tag them all easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our tech team looked into what would be the best digital management system and after careful review picked Flight by Canto. We needed a digital management system that was designed for everyone to use. There were other great systems but it was more for a professional photographer. Plus Flight works well on a Mac and PC.

Before Flight all photos were archived on my computer, so if a team member needed anything I had to look for the images myself. With most all our images now in Flight everyone can look for their own images saving team members and me time. What has also has been a tremendous benefit is that you can describe and tag photos which helps keep record of the Museum's institutional history.

Flight review by <span>Brittany C.</span>
Brittany C.

Great Tool for Businesses

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can easily access images approved for use by my company for marketing purposes. I'm a remote worker, so being able to use Flight makes it so much easier to get what I need quickly. I also love the comments feature - that way I can comment where and when I've used a picture.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could open the images in a new tab, while keeping the list of thumbnails open in a separate tab. Looking at the larger pictures would be easier this way, and then I wouldn't have to go back and scroll though the thumbnails again if it wasn't the image I wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful, easy-to-use product that has saved me time in my work. I love that you can categorize images in folders, and that you can put tags on images so they're easier to search for and find.

It makes it so much easier for remote workers to get what they need. It saves me time searching through images, or trying to find one with a free-to-use license.

Flight review by <span>Angel G.</span>
Angel G.

Flight by Canto

What do you like best?

Flight by Canto Digital Asset Management solution is very user-friendly. It is also extremely easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I do not like when you have required fields in the upload window, but you cannot see them all just by scrolling, you have to click the arrow to see additional fields. If you don't know they are there, you don't know they are mandatory until you click upload and get an error message. I find that aspect to NOT be user friendly and a bit annoying that I have to click a separate button to provide additional "mandatory" information.

Digital asset management. We currently have files in SharePoint, Dropbox, and HubSpot. Here, all of our assets are in one place and organized with thumbnails and search features making it really easy to find what you are looking for.

Flight review by <span>Trevor M.</span>
Trevor M.

Great Product for Large Teams

What do you like best?

- ability to house all digital assets in one place

- pulls in meta-data from photos

- auto-tags and categorizes assets into useful groups

- ability for teams to set permissions on assets they own

- all users are able to pull clips from video files

- users can crop and edit photos

What do you dislike?

- web application dependent on internet speed

- requires some management time to review uploads and asset users

- design and comms team now has easy access to all of a department's assets.

- departments can now easily share assets with each other

- design team no longer has to pull video clips or search for photos

- assets can be be searched for in multiple ways, making it easier to locate what we're looking for

Learn more about Flight by Canto

Flight by Canto Videos

Learning about Flight by Canto?

* We monitor all Flight by Canto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.