Flinto

Finto is used with iOS and Android prototypes made from your existing screen designs.

Work for Flinto?

Learning about Flinto?

Flinto Reviews

Ask Flinto a Question
Showing 25 Flinto reviews
Flinto review by <span>Jordan M.</span>
Jordan M.

"Quick Moving prototypes for Mobile App Development"

What do you like best?

Flinto allows you to prototype workflows on digital applications seamlessly. It integrates with Sketch, so all your artboards are linked up automagically and you can start prototyping animations, tranistions, and click-paths. It speeds up the design iteration process tremendously.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is not as intuitive as I would like. The learning curve is pretty steep. I was on YouTube and watching tutorials a ton until I got the hang of it and even still will have to go back to tutorials and help pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of other competitors out there, but this is the best one I have found from a cost and functionality perspective. It is worth trying the free trial out to see if you like what you can build on it.

Saving money on actually building working code prototypes to see how design features work. We can move through ideas and iterations without putting in the engineering hours.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flinto
Flinto review by <span>Maria G.</span>
Maria G.

"It Makes Animation fun, and Quick"

What do you like best?

It's great for mocking up effects like animations, transitions without the issues of a very heavy program like after effects. I think performance wise, Flinto is great and allows me to incorporate animations and effects into my designs without affecting the overall performance on my system.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using it, I was still struggling to understand all the tools. I think there is a better way to onboard a user, perhaps adding some visual cues that notify or emphasize on what tools do what.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great solution if you're looking to make quick animations or present specific types of effects for components or interactions.

When I am handing off my designs to development, often times - our prototyping tool does not have animating capabilities. I utilize flinto to create those animations and share it with the team so it communicates visually what I am looking to implement.

What Prototyping solution do you use?

Flinto review by <span>Adam M.</span>
Adam M.

"A pretty solid app"

What do you like best?

The app is quick and stable, and it's easy to use with a simple interface. I like that it has dynamic panels in the design interface.

What do you dislike?

This app has fewer options and capabilities than its competitors. The lack of graphical design tools is a particular problem. It also can't import files from other apps like Sketch, which presents a problem when working in a mixed environment or with other designers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a simple and easy app to use for rapid prototyping, but you may wish to consider InVision or Sketch for a more complete solution.

I use it to for rapid prototyping simple mobile interface designs. It's a quick and easy app to use.

Flinto review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Great software to simulate animation "

What do you like best?

I love the capabilities of animation for our prototypes. intuitive once you get the hang of it, Free-form animation has its good and bad qualities. Good Qualities being that pretty much any animation style you would like to add to your experience can be done, scrolling, sticky states, spinny icons. the new updated version now allows you to edit text and create additional UI to fill any gabs you come your by whilst connecting your screens.

What do you dislike?

the software is still going through some growing pains it seems. it's not exactly "user-friendly" I wish the "live Preview" was more flexible as far as adjusting screen size, I have had issues when using smaller screens to test prototypes the preview state was not flexible and could not be zoomed in on or adjusted. often times "hover states" get wonky when there are multiple behaviors happening in one zone. sometimes when I add additional content to an art board after behaviors have been added, all of my visuals get wonky and warped into different parts of the page, this is incredibly annoying because I keep having to redo my animations and fix placements. It crashes on me when I have too much animations going on in one page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to watch ALL tutorials. They will most likely not give you exactly what you are trying to achieve, However it will give you the tools to be able to improvise and figure things out as you go.

We are creating prototypes for our companies sothebys website redesign. clients love animations so it allows us to sell our ideas a lot more efficiently. by " be-dazzling" our prototypes

Flinto review by <span>Darian R.</span>
Darian R.

"Amazing and simple!"

What do you like best?

I spent one evening with Flinto, from start to finish, and I went from zero to complete prototype that wowed my clients!

I have tried MANY many many many... prototyping workflows and products and services. Ideally, you need to be flexible to have a couple under your belt because some work better on a device versus desktop. I used the Flinto app to import my Sketch design and animated the transitions from slide to slide so easy, I kept telling myself that this is too good to be true. But it wasn't!

If you need to show a prototype on a device such as an iPad or iPhone, this is definitely something to consider!

For rapid prototyping, this is probably the best option for you just based on the speed with which you can accomplish what you want and get client feedback.

What do you dislike?

It crashes more than you want it to, but less than others.

I wish that there was some more fine grained control over animation, but that is more of a fringe case. The more you use it the more you wish it could do, but honestly I believe the app is very good at what it does without trying to do too much.

I wish we could integrate with some more advanced functionality to add Json data to our apps to at least display sample data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invision

Rapid prototyping, wire framing, client approval of wireframes

Flinto review by <span>Sheila C.</span>
Sheila C.

"Flinto - Great as a Web tool, but Amazing on Desktop"

What do you like best?

Flinto was my go-to tool when it was just available online. Now, it's even better as a native OSX application. Best features: wide variety of transitions, almost zero learning curve, great support for previewing prototypes on a mobile device, and support for sharing links to prototypes online.

What do you dislike?

I design in point sizes, but Flinto's iPhone 6 preset defaults to 2X pixels, which means I have been doubling the size of all of my assets. I would also love support for default iOS widgets, like toggles. Being able to include variables would also be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool to get up-and-running really quickly.

I'm a product designer / interaction designer, so Flinto is a fantastic way to quickly turn visual mockups into something interactive. It is the quickest images-to-interactive-prototype method I have come across. It's also convenient because it's easy to make changes, and share prototypes with other people. Benefits include quick user feedback, concept validation, and communicating design ideas.

Learning about Flinto?

* We monitor all Flinto reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.