FlippingBook

Learning about FlippingBook?

FlippingBook Reviews

Ask FlippingBook a Question
Showing 10 FlippingBook reviews
FlippingBook review by Emma L.
Emma L.

"A great way to show off your documents."

What do you like best?

Flippingbook it relatively easy to use. You can import you PDF easily, by either dragging you document onto the page or selecting the import button. Once your document is you can easily customise your project to suit your needs. It’s easy to change the skin of your book and it has a decent range of pre-made skin styles.

What is also useful about this program is that it has the ability to create Flash documents for offline viewing. Whilst most people will use the HTML5 publishing function I have found that some clients also require an offline version.

What do you dislike?

One thing I don’t particularly like about this program is the interface. It’s clunky and sometimes it is hard to find certain tools.

Also whilst it useful the be able to create offline versions. They are made using Flash, and unfortunate Flash is being decommissioned. As of yet Flippingbook has not come up with a solution to this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is one of the easiest programs to use if you wish to create offline flip books. However, if you just want to create HTML5 flip books there may be cheaper alternatives.

The benefit of using Flippingbook is the ability to show clients what their printed documents will look like without having to print them. It allows us to easily showcase the work online or within presentations. This is relay useful in giving people an insight into what the final product will look like.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FlippingBook
FlippingBook review by Simon G.
Simon G.

"The best software on the market"

What do you like best?

Solid software, zero bugs, constant updates that provide a better user experience with regard to speed and readability. Have tried many other products and nothing compares to the speed and readability of the flip book.

What do you dislike?

No AWS S3 export/upload ability. Have to rely on 3rd party software and Mapped drive to S3 Bucket.

Windows version only. A Mac version would save time and costs and skill transfer as our publishing house like many others only use Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better solution in my opinion. I host my extensive library on Amazon AWS S3 with Amazon EC2 servers. This product takes flip books to a new level. Do not be put off by the cost, if you are serious about this medium and have many publication to show, then this is the product.

Having tried many products to create eBooks, Flippingbook may be a large upfront cost but this is justified over time and with excellent results. We currently host over 20,000 publications

What Content Marketing solution do you use?

FlippingBook review by Nilson S.
Nilson S.

"Digital library"

What do you like best?

The low cost and the ease of operation that allows us to work in an agile way. Features are very simple and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Updates are usually tricky. The last two times I needed remote assistance and it was quite time consuming ...

Recommendations to others considering the product

FlippingBook fulfills our current need with good value for money.

FlippingBook was the best solution we found to create our library of online editions (www.virapagina.com.br).

Although we still adopt a "home-made" solution for our library - we would like to publish in a library / public store - we still do not have the cloud experience.

Our digital publications do not cost our customers - it's our courtesy to them; FlippingBook is a low cost solution and we absorb the investment.

FlippingBook review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Flip Your Way to Sucess with FlippingBook"

What do you like best?

I have been using the software now for over 7 Years and will continue to do so.

Having looked at various other software in the market, back then and now.. and there are a few other page flip software solutions, none come close to the quaility or functions.

I love how strong and professional the publications look, the movement inside, the share buttons, zoom etc all just flow so smooth on both desktop and mobile - most others are very slow to respond or lock you in zoom or have some other issues. The ability to add video and images which pop open inside the publication also adds to the profesional look.

The Support is also a very key element for me and I cannot fault or question FlippingBook and what they provide, I have asked some very technical questions at times and their developers have always tried their best to assist so we can have the best solution with what I was trying to acheive, they are very responsive and very quick.. which is key if you need to get a catalogue out and have an issue, you need a support that's responsive and they are.

The fact that the company is always trying to advance and update the software, this enables me to offer my clients, new functions and a better solution which makes us look good. Also with things and new mobile devices comming out all the time, it's key you have the latest software that is compatible and FlippingBook have never let us down on this.

I cannot recomend this company and their software anymore, they get 100% from me and I wish them the best going futher and cannot wait to see what next they are offering by way of an update.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes strugle with the fact as an agency and we self host that some of the updates have previously been focused on the non self hosting solution. While I accept there are a lot of people who host with FlippingBook, sometimes it is anoying when a great update is out, but will only work with hosted catalogues.

I also think in some cases, the visual aspect of the end product (our finised catalogues) takes priority over say SEO - that's just a personal point as my requirement is quite strong on SEO, however I would rather have a better visual so they do their best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to or start using FlippingBook it will be the best thing you have done.

We now offer digital catalogues as a primary offering within our business.

The benifits are a lot more customers due to the quality of the product we can offer using their software.

FlippingBook review by Teri H.
Teri H.

"Meets or Exceeds Expectations"

What do you like best?

I needed a solution for worldwide application (over 70 languages) and only this app met the requirements.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a little more detailed documentation on some of the technical back end features, but I'm always able to get that info from the support team.

I support operations manuals worldwide - over 70 currently and we needed the security of not publishing a pdf, search capabilities, publishing to USB drives, mobile devices as well as web hosting and find that we are able to fulfill the needs of our clients easily using FlippingBook.

FlippingBook review by Kathryn H.
Kathryn H.

"It just flips pages"

What do you like best?

It looks cool to put work into the formatting of a book, magazine, etc

What do you dislike?

You don’t have the option to do any formatting in the program other than uploading a pdf to make it flip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The idea is good. In practice, I would suggest that it be majorly advertised that you do not format your book in Flipping Book, so you need something else to make the pages and upload to FB.

It allows me to create digital research assignments, which is cool since that is the way academia is going

FlippingBook review by Jerod J.
Jerod J.

"Solid product with no recurring fees!"

What do you like best?

Just works. Import my PDF, it automatically creates links, does animations, gives me a great deal of control over all aspects of the publication. Being able to host in the cloud makes publishing a cinch. Best of all, it's a one time fee - a true rarity in today's economy. Pay once, keep forever. What a novel concept! I wonder if Adobe would ever consider such a model ... probably too crazy!

I've used this program for about a year now and have been very happy with it.

What do you dislike?

The Wordpress integration seems to be a bit borked right now. Hosting someplace other than the Flippingbook cloud is a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a digital publishing solution, give FlippingBook a try. We're a small business with only a few publications per year, and it works perfectly for us.

We needed a clean, easy to use digital publishing solution that would have a "wow!" factor for our customers. This is it! It's saved a great deal of time over other options.

FlippingBook review by Valerie H.
Valerie H.

"Gets the job done, but this product can be frustrating"

What do you like best?

I love the look of the flipping book files on our website. Very snazzy and professional. Once we figured out how to get the files hosted on our site, everything works very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Flipping Book wants you to pay for hosting to have anything be web based. I was unwilling to pay for this, so we FTP the HTML files onto our site's back end. It is kind of tedious.

I also just don't like uploading files to this software. It's kind of tedious and I have had issues with unexplained errors.

This software produces a nice product. Our customers can view specs without downloading a PDF. I don't know that many truly better products exist at this price point, I just find it a bit frustrating at times.

FlippingBook review by Gordon D.
Gordon D.

"The right tool for the job"

What do you like best?

It deals with both small and large numbers of pages with the same easy style.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to load faster on startup.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product provides an ideal platform to produce flipping books, especially to embed in websites.

It allows my clients to provide brochures online that are more interactive and engaging for their customers.

FlippingBook review by Administrator

"Great product for generating Online-Catalogues"

What do you like best?

frequently Updates, stable Software und quick acess

What do you dislike?

really nothing. Everything ist well and the Software ist really stable

several Online-Catalogues and brochures

Learning about FlippingBook?

* We monitor all FlippingBook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.