Flock (helloflock.com)

4.8

Flock is a software platform that manage HR, Benefits, and Compliance for free.

Work for Flock (helloflock.com)?

Learning about Flock (helloflock.com)?

Flock (helloflock.com) Reviews

Ask Flock (helloflock.com) a Question
Showing 27 Flock (helloflock.com) reviews
Flock (helloflock.com) review by Fred L.
Fred L.

"Kudos to Flock HRIS platform!"

What do you like best?

One feature that I enjoy best when using Flock’s HRIS platform is the access we have to our co-workers corporate-wide as well as seeing who is off at certain times, all in one mobile app.

What do you dislike?

So far I have no complaints about Flock’s HR platform. Everything has worked out well, however, I am relatively new to using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy-to-use HR platform that helps you take advantage of the fact that you can sign everything electronically and monitor all of your requests on one mobile-friendly platform.

The problem I noticed that has been solved with Flock, is knowing who to contact when. A lot of the times people don't realize when someone is on a PTO, so being able to see it and avoid making those calls is very helpful. And now with the new Slack integration, you get additional notifications on your teammates being OOO.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flock (helloflock.com)
Flock (helloflock.com) review by Lane E.
Lane E.

"Good HR System with Great Paperwork Management"

What do you like best?

I like how HR paperwork is streamlined and digital through Flock. It's so nice to handle paperwork electronically in this digital age. The vacation and sick time system works very well too, another nice area that it's great to handle electronically.

What do you dislike?

The way tasks work could use some improvement. It comes as a single task (like in the event of onboarding an employee), but for me there are a lot of subtasks involved in onboarding someone. It would be nice to have as a checklist so that I can check things off before signing off on the whole task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think flock is a pretty good product overall. I haven't used any other systems, but it's easy to use and has a lot of great features.

My firm uses the system for time off requests, onboarding and offboarding task tracking, along with paperwork for new hires, internal documents, and benefits.

What Core HR solution do you use?

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Mckell A.
Mckell A.

"Flock + ADP Integration is a HR's dream"

What do you like best?

Flock simplifies the benefits process for both the HR team as well as the employee. It is incredibly user friendly and easy for employees to navigate. Flock has made Open Enrollment a dream - employees can easily review plan changes and pricing, elect their changes, and then with the ADP plugin the payroll deduction changes are automatically updated to ADP. Flock has made managing benefits so much more simple.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some more features in the ADP plugin - address and other information integration when creating a new user profile. Also it would be awesome if you could create custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use ADP has a payroll provider, purchase the Flock plugin.

Flock has helped us keep our payroll deductions accurate and up to date. When we integrated Flock with ADP, we found several payroll errors that were corrected. Flock also saved us tremendous amount of time and money on filing our 1094-C and 1095-Cs.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Allen P.
Allen P.

"Flock is a terrific HRIS/benefits system"

What do you like best?

Flock offers instant onboarding enabling our organization to initiate onboarding with minimal candidate information by deferring data collection until a new hire is invited when they enter their information. The efficiency gains are tremendous.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a lot I dislike. Flock does a good job of continuing to make improvements so most issues are fairly minor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are products that offer additional service/functionality, but if you carefully review what is needed to address business needs you'll find Flock addresses most if not all needs.

Flock allows onboarding to start quickly, reducing the administrative burden associated with processing new hires. Consolidating and pushing employee data management to the employee further improves the efficiency associated with employee data management.

"Great product!"

What do you like best?

Excellent functionality, great interface and it saves a lot of time and improves consistency in how HR tasks are rolled out. The flock team are very responsive to feature requests and bug reports. Direct connection to benefit providers has reduced enrollment errors and delays.

What do you dislike?

Time off function is not usable for actually tracking total time off, just for tracking requests to transfer to our payroll system. It's still very helpful, but would be great if it could be a standalone. Occasionally there are odd bugs that crop up, but the flock team work with us to resolve them.

Automating onboarding and offboarding task tracking, managing paperwork for new hires and benefits enrollment and communication. Collecting employee data changes and reporting them to payroll, collecting time off requests and providing a time off calendar that helps manage time off as well as communicating to payroll.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Bob C.
Bob C.

"All your employee information on one platform"

What do you like best?

Unlike storing all your important employment-related documents on a different file and remembering where it is, Flock makes it easy to store all your data on its platform.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more robust way to show how all the teams in the organization are connected to each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best way for employees to always check back their information of benefits, PTO’s. The look of the platform is very clean and nice, easy to use and pretty intuitive. The dashboard for each user is great because it highlights the main areas that one would need to access often - benefits, time-offs.

There are great features to request time-offs and Sick Time, manage benefits, insurance info, and commuter benefits. Moreover, HR policies and contracts can be created and held within the portal. It creates one space to hold all HR and employee materials.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Howard S.
Howard S.

"It works great with employee onboarding, everything can be done within the Flock app!"

What do you like best?

I love the mobile app. The new hire onboarding process is all done via phone as most of our employees are remote and do not work in the office. It has proved to be very beneficial for us.

What do you dislike?

I am happy with Flock. There is nothing as such I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great user experience, super simple, employees love it!

I used Flock to sign up my new hire documents when I was hired. I also did benefits enrollment. It was cool that I did not have anything to print or fill out. Everything done on the phone!

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Roy K.
Roy K.

"Easy onboarding and HR system!"

What do you like best?

The transition to Flock now helps me hire quickly (just save a template and you are done!) and track employees post-hire. And with the help of customized reporting, its very easy to extract data for employees within the company.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I could say as a con or a dislike is that they haven't built an ATS! But they do have partner companies to integrate an ATS if you wish to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, and great to have all employee-related systems in one place (benefits, compliance, HRIS, time off tracking, onboarding).

Automating HR functions, eliminating paperwork and solid reporting.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Demetrius P.
Demetrius P.

"HR Software with excellent customer support!"

What do you like best?

There are many features I like about Flock HR, especially the customization in reporting. Benefits enrollment is seamless, time-off makes it very easy for employees.

What do you dislike?

It has been an amazing tool from the time we have implemented it. There is nothing as such I dislike about Flock, the support team is available all the time to support your queries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We signed up to better manage our employees. I was very cautious as I thought we would have to implement this ourselves. But the Flock support team helped us get there!

Flock helps you solve day to day HR activities mainly vacation and time off management, employee data management, onboarding, and offboarding activities.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Dan F.
Dan F.

"Great customer support!"

What do you like best?

Talking about customer service at Flock, it's amazing how many HR tools come with unresponsive and short representatives. Most of the follow-ups are all email! However, Flock will be there for you every step of the way no matter how small or big the issue is.

What do you dislike?

There have been times when there are delays in the feature request development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must say that using Flock and interacting with the Flock team has been a great experience so far!

Saving time is the biggest problem Flock is solving, both for the managers and employees. It is very convenient for employees to refer back to the Flock Portal for any information rather than always asking me questions.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Amrita H.
Amrita H.

"Flock is a game changer for HR!"

What do you like best?

The best part of using Flock is that it has decreased my workload through HR automation! We have been able to give our employees access to several parts of the system, and managers to make changes on behalf of their employees in all the HR aspects (onboarding, HRIS, benefits, compliance) is amazing!

What do you dislike?

We have been using Flock for 5 months and so far love it.

Before using Flock, we had no automation and everything was on paper. Now so many of the things that I used to handle manually are now flowing automatically through the system and I don't even have to think about them. I get so fewer questions now, because employees get it all themselves through the Flock platform.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Claire S.
Claire S.

"Great mobile benefits enrollment experience!"

What do you like best?

I love the mobile app. It made it really simple to sign up for benefits on the go.

What do you dislike?

Enrolling in benefits is complex so I experience slight load delays but this may be because of a weak phone connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was surprised I could do everything to enroll in benefits on my phone. Flock has a great mobile app that made everything super easy.

My company uses Flock for Benefits enrolment.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Nolan R.
Nolan R.

"Great workplace management site and app"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to upload and store documents. I also like the simple interface of flock. It is easier to navigate than Slack.

What do you dislike?

Hmm, there is nothing that I dislike about the app. It's easy to use and a great choice for managing employees.

It helps employees stay connected to their managers and keep them in constant communication.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Zlatan K.
Zlatan K.

"Easy benefits enrollment"

What do you like best?

The Flock benefits portal is made in a way that you can easily compare different carrier plans offered by your company and select the most suitable one.

What do you dislike?

There's not too much to dislike at all. I actually can't think of anything. I'm only a simple user and it fulfills my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very convenient to have all the benefits documents, employee information in one place. One stop HR Solution.

It eliminates the huge problem of signing hard copies, manually storing employee files and data and ultimately saving time on never-ending HR tasks both by the HR managers as well as employees.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Keyana R.
Keyana R.

"Comprehensive but still very simple HR platform to use!"

What do you like best?

The feature I use the most is the PTO/time off feature. It's easy to use and helps me keep track of the time I take off. I also like being able to see the information for everyone in my company!

What do you dislike?

I have mostly used the time-off feature and I love it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flock has made communication very easy, especially in terms of requesting time-off and getting it approved from my manager, without having to email and message them separately, avoiding the frequent back and forth.

My company uses Flock to track time-off and approvals. We are happy with it.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Joanna S.
Joanna S.

"Robust onboarding platform!"

What do you like best?

It was the very first time I used a digital signature for my offer letter, and just within a few minutes I was all set. I loved it that there was no paperwork involved.

What do you dislike?

I would like to know more about coworkers during onboarding. But this may be more to do with the setup by our admin than the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to kick-start your new employee onboarding, you are in the right place! Flock is the solution!

Our company uses Flock for onboarding and enrolling it benefits. We love it!

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Administrator

"Our transition to Flock was virtually seemless! Great platform and very easy for all to use!"

What do you like best?

We had great meetings on what was needed within each time frame and we were up and running without a hitch very efficiently and accurately.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, we have had no complaints to date. We couldn't be happier with the site as well as the support throughout the transition and even after at all times.

We have automated our HR functions such as onboarding/offboarding of employees, time & attendance, and all our HR files are no longer kept in paper format.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Rod C.
Rod C.

"Powerful HRIS & Benefits software"

What do you like best?

The Flock HRIS and benefits interface experience is really nice and easy to use. A great tool for small and medium sized companies to manage their HR tasks.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have performance review capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended - make sure you have a good broker if you use the benefits piece. The onboarding module is super simple and easy to use. Our employees also love it!

We have saved a lot of time by switching to Flock. Right from onboarding the employees, managing benefits, tracking time-off, employee information and advanced reporting capabilities, Flock does it all!

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Administrator

"Flock is quick and easy to learn how to use. Very intuitive."

What do you like best?

The ability to scan documents into the employee file.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more categories for the employee file to specify better what the document is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flock is a great way to get started with a simple HRIS system, benefits administration system, and employee file system.

We are using Flock for our benefits enrollment, employment, on-boarding, off-boarding, and just beginning to use for employee files. This has streamlined our processes significantly.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by User

"Staying on track thanks to Flock"

What do you like best?

Flock keeps me on track with all the tasks assigned to me during our company off board and onboard processes.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to get certain info or reports without being an administrator. Also, no org chart compared to Sapling that allows new employees to see how the organization trails out.

Flock is really helping us streamline our processes and procedures. Additionally, it is a lot easier to locate the company calendar to track anniversaries, birthdays and start dates of employees.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Justus P.
Justus P.

"The best onboarding experience ever!"

What do you like best?

It makes it so easy to onboard employees and get them all the info they need, especially as a small business/ start up without an HR administrator.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't use Flock that much on a day to day basis. The onboarding experience however was excellent.

On-boarding people is much much easier, especially as a rapidly growing company with no HR administrator.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Jo N.
Jo N.

"Easy benefits enrollment."

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the platform look great on the web as well as mobile and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more integrations, possibly on the 401 K side.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flock makes benefit administration quite easy. The system is user-friendly and intuitive for employees to use.

We use it for benefits administration and reporting. The reports are excellent and very customizable.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Rachel D.
Rachel D.

"Very good customer support!"

What do you like best?

They are super helpful and very fast in their responses.

What do you dislike?

We have had a great experience. There is nothing as such we dislike about Flock.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support team at Flock is always quick to respond and very helpful.

Flock saves us a lot of time with HR and Benefits functions that were previously on paper but now are all in one system.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Flock Experience"

What do you like best?

ACA!! Flock absolutely nails ACA! The first reporting year we used another vendor... what a nightmare. With Flock, it is very easy. It has really become a non issue for us because of our partnership with Flock.

What do you dislike?

Need telephone support. It would be great to have a customer service line for simple questions.

ACA!!! ACA reporting truly is EASY with Flock.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The dashboard, and ease of access. The website offers applications all in one dashboard which is very convient.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing that I didn't like about using Flock.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Flock, it speeds up the application process.

I am submitting the the most important employment documents using only one website.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by User

"In Formation"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, and the seamless integration of features and functionality you wish from others like it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far from what I can tell wrong with it.

Getting all HR and Benefits in one place.

Flock (helloflock.com) review by Jordan M. L.
Jordan M. L.

"Very helpful, quick and simple to use "

What do you like best?

I really enjoyed how simple and easy it was to complete everything.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I disliked. Everything was easy to use.

Employee benefits

Learning about Flock (helloflock.com)?

* We monitor all Flock (helloflock.com) reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.