FloQast

FloQast

4.7

FloQast enables you to close your books efficiently in a secure and collaborative environment.

Work for FloQast?

Learning about FloQast?

FloQast Reviews

Ask FloQast a Question
Showing 65 FloQast reviews
FloQast review by Andrew N.
Andrew N.

"Amazing software for closing the books with confidence!"

What do you like best?

I love how much more organized our accounting documentation is, as well as how much more visibility we have into our month-end close process. I know that our trial balance will always tie out to reviewed reconciliation schedules, which in turn allows me to hand over the financials with confidence. Also, the implementation process was a breeze and only required a couple of hours of my time (much easier than I thought it would be).

What do you dislike?

Having to manually upload the trial balance as of right now, but I've been promised that this is something that can be automated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you will be happy with how user-friendly it is and how much better it will make your accounting department.

We previously did not have a review process, so FloQast has made this transition seamless. Instead of having to constantly open an Excel checklist to see where we were in the close, with FloQast we can easily see exactly what's pending. The biggest benefits are increased organization, efficiency, and visibility.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FloQast
FloQast review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"Makes my life easier!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can have all our processes in one location, not spread over multiple to-do spreadsheets. Floqast allows for me to have visibility to other's work - I no longer have to hound people to see if things are done. I like being able to save notes on items month over month. Helps to be able to track changes by going back the month before to see if there was an anomaly in the previous close.

It is extremely easy to change the assigners for tasks and the due dates each month. I thought that would be time consuming, but being able to export, make changes to a spreadsheet and then import the changes makes it happen in a flash. And it is intuitive enough to not change an item that has already been marked as done.

What do you dislike?

One thing that has taken me a bit of time to get used to is figuring out the due dates for items. But once I got that down, it was easy up update month over month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution help ensure your close is happening how and when it should, FloQast is where it's at. I no longer have to worry about whether I, or someone else, missed something in the month. The cost of it is well worth it - it gives you back time to actually get things done instead of figuring out what has or hasn't been done yet. We use it not only for our close, but also for a monthly task list of other items that need to be done in the month. The system gives you the flexibility to use it outside the normal close-the-books list. A team member recently told me that he didn't have to think about what to do next anymore. He wasn't a list keeper, and now everything is in one spot. There is no more relying on just your memory for important tasks.

The main reason I wanted FloQast was to get all our processes in one place with items assigned to people. Now I can see where people are in the process instead of having to constantly ask or look in Intacct to see if something has been done. Important items aren't falling through the cracks anymore. We had an issue where a team member was all of a sudden out on a family medical emergency. If we had had Floqast back then, the worry/fear of what hadn't been done on their desk would have gone away. It takes a lot of the stress of managing a bunch of people and a lot of tasks very simple.

What Financial Close solution do you use?

FloQast review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Keeps the team on top of their tasks"

What do you like best?

It details out every step in the process, so both the preparer and approver can understand what each task on the checklist is. Some steps may be related, but can be done in stages.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to improve on yet as this is our first month using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It eliminates the need to maintain an Excel schedule and eliminates meeting with the team on a daily basis to go over pending tasks and statuses.

Month end close and keeping the team accountable for their respective parts. Since some of us work remote or at different sites, it's important for us to cohesively deliver on financials. If a manager is out of office, they can just log in to FloQast to see what's been done and what's left to review.

FloQast review by User

"Refer Floquast to a friend"

What do you like best?

Floquast is pivotal in keeping me current with my workload and status. It makes working through a monthly close less stressful, and aids in keeping me on track and on top of my tasks.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I dislike anything, but I would like to see a function in Floquast where I could check off Journal entries as they've been posted into our financial reporting software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is the best I've used as far as managing workflow in an accounting environment. It is easy to use, and works as a documentation tool for any issues that arise during a close. This product is a major stress reliever, as one is not required to keep track of their assigned tasks either manually or by relying on memory. Having the ability to check off your tasks one by one makes for an enjoyable close!

Since implementing Floquast, we have been able to work through the close as a unified team. We are better able to communicate one-off issues as they relate to the journal entries we prepare, and we have shaved time off our overall close schedule. Floquast allows our team to plan our work effectively, and to find gaps in our process where we can improve efficiency.

FloQast review by User

"Easy to use and very informative!"

What do you like best?

I like that everything regarding our close schedule can be tailored to the individual person/department and at-a-glance, it's easy to know where we are in the close process. It has made it so that I have less questions about the status of close items, can pull posted files and reconciliations from one place, and overall made it easier to complete the close since not everyone in our company is in the same physical location. It's also very nice to have the ability to post notes on items that will be late, or need more explanation, and not have to inform everyone via email or in person. They can just open FloQast and read the notes I, or others, have left.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was an easier way to use one-drive in order to update the files that I maintain for our close process. Since the files are stored in a centralized shared folder (not owned by me), the one-drive folder on my computer does not automatically update those files.

We are not all located in the same physical location, so it has made it easier to be able to track where we are in the close process. Personally, I think that it's great to be able to see exactly where we are, and any support for our processes or for monthly data can be easily, and historically, found in one centralized location.

"Fast and Efficient"

What do you like best?

First software implementation I've done that was as easy as they made it sound, and stuck to the original timeline. Implementation took minimal hours from our team, and the efficiencies/visibility we obtained was worth it! Also, our Directors love having the user dashboard where they can easily track the Close status.

What do you dislike?

The sync between FQ and Box.com was a bit confusing for our team. The training should over-emphasize the need to dowlnoad the local version of Box.com to each user's computer (File Explorer for Windows). Our team was having some confusion/trouble until they added the local access to the Box.com files. I created a step-by-step guide for our team regarding how to download... but this should be provided by FQ for your users in advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None - it's as easy as it looks!

We just had our first month-end close using FQ, but eventually it will allow us to easily see efficiencies and decrease our # of days it takes to close the books. This will lead to more timely information for our company to make better strategic decisions!

FloQast review by Joel T.
Joel T.

"Absolutely Fantastic"

What do you like best?

I have never been more impressed with any product that assists with close more than I am with FloQast. It reduces the manual work to track tasks, manually reviewing that reconciliations match the trial balance, reduces sign-off time, and provides so many other time saving features that I cannot remember them all. I must also say how much risk of mistakes is reduced for the individual performing the reconciliation and for the reviewer. The rate at which improvements and added features are implemented is very impressive - I have never seen a company put out so many meaningful features and improvements so quickly and seamlessly.

What do you dislike?

Much utility could be added both for close and non-close tasks if items could be assigned not just by work-day or hard date, but also by certain days of the week. Such as being able to assign a checklist item that occurs each Monday in a month. You could do this in FloQast but it would require adjusting the work-day or hard dates each month. This is a very minor item though and one that is not necessarily within the scope the product is built to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Excel or another "manual" process to track your close - switch to FloQast as soon as possible. The FloQast team is great with implementation and the benefits are amazing.

We have used FloQast to track close in a much more assured, expedient manner. It is much easier to manage the progress of the close cycle, faster to sign-off on completed reconciliations and review them, far less risk that a task or reconciliation will be forgotten, it is quite easy to adjust FloQast for changes within the company, and many others that I am sure I am forgetting.

FloQast review by Lianne L.
Lianne L.

"Visibility, Delegation & Organization "

What do you like best?

My favorites features are the dashboard and the organization of the tasks and reconciliation schedules. At a glance I can see how far we are into the close process and then I can drill down to see which areas (cash, AR, AP etc) are completed or delayed. Not only can I view the areas, but I can further see which user is up to date or behind schedule which is a great people management tool as well.

The Excel reconciliation schedules are organized and all located within the system so I don't have to hunt for them on our internal server. The schedules roll forward into the next month very easily. As a reviewer, it is easy for me to review the completed schedules online, complete with PDF support as needed, and either ask questions via the review notes or approve the schedule as is.

What do you dislike?

I have used this tool for about three months and so far have not yet found anything that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I first heard of FloQast during an IMA (Institute of Management Accountants) continuing education webinar about streamlining the month end close. I recommended implementing this product to my company's CFO. He saw the benefits and the rest was history. I could not imagine functioning without FloQast going forward. The implementation did not take a lot of time. The support team at FloQast is great to work with. We had several role transitions due to turnover and it was simple to add the new users and reassign the tasks. The new users commented on how easy it was to use, how easy it was to find what tasks were assigned to them and to know when the tasks were due.

Accountability of assigned tasks has improved. We formerly had our tasks on an Excel list but this list was easily misused-resorted incorrectly, rows accidently deleted or written over. FloQast prevents this from happening. Any user can see where we are at, who did what, and who didn't do what. This improved teamwork.

FloQast created efficiency by being able to pull any reconciliation schedule and provide it to the auditors. We could also provide the auditors with proof of when it was completed and reviewed with the time and date stamp.

FloQast review by Brittney H.
Brittney H.

"Wonderful Close Management Solution"

What do you like best?

I love the visibility that FloQast provides to all users. It's great to have all close-related items in one place, with a requirement they be checked off when completed and reviewed to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks. The document roll-forward is a great feature, as is the ease of reviewing reconciliations and related workpapers directly from the portal. The implementation and set-up was also a very good experience and my entire team was quickly able to adopt the software.

What do you dislike?

My team and I have been using FloQast for 3 months now, and have not run into anything we dislike. The only thing I could think of that could use improvement was the constant manual re-uploading of the trial balance but they are already testing out a fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FloQast eliminates so much of the administrative work required when you just keep an Excel checklist or something similar, and also eliminates a lot of error and missed reconciliations when you are relying on memory and messy processes to complete everything. It helps you and your team stay accountable for tasks, and stick to your goals. My team has experienced great success using FloQast and are only a few months in. I would definitely recommend following through with a demo of the product if you are even slightly interested.

Switching to FloQast from a very manually updated Excel checklist has improved our transparency, accountability, and overall management of monthly close. I also think it has naturally improved many of our processes and as we continue to use it, will help keep us consistently audit-ready.

FloQast review by Joshua I.
Joshua I.

"Great enhancement to our close process"

What do you like best?

FloQast streamlines the entire close process and provides excellent visibility and accountability to all involved. The interface is intuitive and very user friendly. The notes feature allows for easy tracking of review comments and documentation. The FloQast team is also very knowledgeable, attentive, and enjoyable to work with.

What do you dislike?

I have been using the product for about 3 months and am very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you do a Demo.

Prior to implementing FloQast we had an very manual reconciliation and close process. Reconciliations were printed, signed by hand, and maintained in a binder. The close calendar was maintained in excel. This resulted in a large administrative effort each month. Since implementing FloQast we have been able to remove almost all of the administrative work. This has allowed people to focus on closing faster and spending their time on value added activities.

FloQast review by Administrator

"Great for Month-End Close Managers!"

What do you like best?

We've been using Floqast for the past 4 months and have loved it. Converting over from shared excel spreadsheets that showed our team's progress through close, Floqast has been great. The implementation was extremely fast and they did most of the work for us. We love the fast filter options, ability to roll forward the checklist month to month with updates in between if needed, reconciliation feature which syncs directly to our GL system.

What do you dislike?

We do not have anything we dislike about the product thus far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool that's easy to use and doesn't require months of implementation time, I would highly recommend Floqast. Our company is extremely picky about user interface/UX as well since we're in the business of helping our own customers with it, and we highly recommend Floqast in this respect as well.

We have a goal of shortening and standardizing the close from 10 business days to 6 business days in the next year and half. We love that Floqast has the "analytics" section that shows us how we're progressing towards this goal.

FloQast review by Kamyar K.
Kamyar K.

"One of the best workpaper/workflow review tools out there, with excellent people behind the product"

What do you like best?

Smooth GUI, easy to use, excellent support

What do you dislike?

No QuickBooks Online integration (yet..)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are tasked with the financial review of a number of organizations, this tool is an excellent solution. We use it to make sure that every document that goes into a monthly close is properly prepared and reviewed. Once implemented, a tool like this can bring quite a bit of efficiency to each month's close. The company is still young and so is the product. They are routinely building in new and updated features and truely seem to listen to their customers. I have nothing but positives to say about FloQast..

Quality Control related to the monthly financial close of our clients.

FloQast review by Natalie S.
Natalie S.

"Cannot have a seamless month end close without it!!"

What do you like best?

Floqast helps us organize our tasks/reconciliations, stay on task and meet our month end deadlines with ease. Upper management is able to easily look at the dashboard and see what the close status is of the entire team at any given point during the close. After month end, it helps us to easily reconcile our reconciliations to the GL.

What do you dislike?

There is not really much to dislike about Floqast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Affordable product that delivers a great way to streamline your month end close.

No business problems. It helps us stay on task and deliver financials in a 2 day close deadline.

FloQast review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Streamlined, efficient close"

What do you like best?

FloQast is great at keeping our entire team updated on the status of each close item. We also utilize the review notes feature which helps bring pressing items to the forefront.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a prerequisite or requirement feature added to close items. For example, before I can check off that I've completed the long-term deferred revenue reclass, I must ensure that all deferred revenue accounts reconcile and have been reviewed by my manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Our month-end close is extremely efficient and the entire team is able to access the necessary schedules/files.

FloQast review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Adding close visibility and automation easily"

What do you like best?

FloQast has brought us a tool that allows me to have increased visibility to the close while being very easy to use. As a part of a growing company, other areas of the business had scaled but the accounting processes stayed the same. With FloQast, we have real-time visibility into our close checklist and account reconciliation process.

What do you dislike?

We were one of the first to use the OneDrive integration. There were a few hiccups in getting started but it has been nothing but smooth sailing ever since.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at competitors but ultimately decided on going with FloQast. Several key things we considered were the ease of implementation, not having to change many processes, and being able to get the product live quickly. We were to complete the implementation and go-live within a few weeks.

We had a lack of visibility into the close process. With FloQast, we have a very easy place to check and see how the close is coming. We also had limited visibility into our account reconciliation. Wiht FloQast, we have been able to increase the number of recs we are doing while making it easier to complete some of them with auto-reconciliation.

FloQast review by User in Internet

"Great tool to streamline month-end close"

What do you like best?

Floqast significantly helped us reach our month-end close deadline of 5 business days. With the checklists and users, we are easily able to see where we stand and what still needs to be completed. We put in some time to make sure we have a solid checklist with proper due dates relative to our procedures and that has helped immensely. Also, Floqast provides an easy place to store and tie out reconciliations to our GL.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. I think it could use some new features, although I'm not exactly sure what to suggest. I just feel like it's been essentially the same product for a few years now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you really put the time into setting up a good checklist and you will see the benefits.

Our close prior to Floqast was a little messy. Once we fully adopted the product and had it set up with everything we needed, it has helped us hit our close deadline on time every month.

FloQast review by A.J. D.
A.J. D.

"Great software with even better customer service"

What do you like best?

The software is great and really filled a need for our company in streamlining the period-end close process and providing transparency to all members of the finance and accounting team. The software is very user friendly. In addition, we really like the customer service they have provided. They did a tremendous job of communicating with our team throughout the implementation process and providing training. We have had questions subsequent to going live and their team has responded very quickly and always found a solution. Lastly, they appear to be a company that is always looking for ways to build in more features and make the software more robust.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Initially our update times for account balances were taking a long time; however, the Floqast team solved the issue and they take less than 30 seconds now.

We have eliminated the risk that an account reconciliation is not prepared or signed off. Our close process has been a lot smoother since getting on the Floqast platform. Also, Floqast has eliminated the need for our team to have daily meetings to discuss status of items.

FloQast review by Kathy W.
Kathy W.

"FloQast - An accounting tool necessary for BPO practices"

What do you like best?

FloQast provides a monthly checklist for closing procedures, as well as monthly reconciliation sign-offs that enable us to provide a consistent and organized monthly close process for each of our client entities. Without this tool, we would be manually tracking each checklist and the close status of each entity. The tool is very user friendly and also easy to administer. I love having a percentage complete overview of each client's close status.

What do you dislike?

I would like FloQast to provide a BPO summary dashboard in order to manage the close from an overall perspective for our clients. I would also like for them to add a layer of access between user and admin so that the accounting managers could manage the checklist items for their teams. Finally, I would like for FloQast to be able to alert me, as the Controller of the division, when there are balance sheet accounts missing from the client reconciliations.

The ease of managing our close process for all of our clients with FloQast has increased our ability to provide more efficient and accurate month end close results. I can't imagine how we would scale our BPO services without a tool like FloQast. The team at FloQast is super supportive and involved every step of implementation and they empowered us to do future implementations on our own since we have so many to perform.

FloQast review by Lei H.
Lei H.

"A wonderful tool to have for month end close"

What do you like best?

Smooth system implementation with on-going enhancement;

Easy communication with vendor as the product is managed/supported by a team with solid accounting background/knowledge;

Converts closing calendar to work day calendar for each month end close;

Month end check list for each individual and reminder for open items;

Automatically reconcile BS account balance between source schedule and TB

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. As a fairly new user, we continue to explore all the features it has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a product designed and supported by a team with solid accounting background and knowledge ( many are CPAs and used to be accountants). So they definitely speak the same language as their customers. Often time, I find their offering is one step ahead of our ask, which shows the thorough understanding they have about our needs and pain. FloQast has been a great partner for us to achieve a more smooth, accurate and timely close. I would recommend it to any accounting team who is looking to improve their month end close process.

Better visibility to the progress of the closing;

Consolidate check list from all team (AP, AR, Rev, Payroll, GL, Int'L, etc) at one loaction;

Help user to better focus and prioritize daily work during close;

Create tracking record to help identify areas with weak control that require more attention (i.e. recon/ review is missing):

Better collaboration among team

FloQast review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"One of the most valuable tools I use as a controller. Will never close the books without it again!"

What do you like best?

Super easy to use. Super easy to implement. Helps us organize the close or 6 different companies. Account rec features. Easy to make changes to existing close programs. Review notes streamline communication. It is very easy to customize.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They are constantly tweaking the product to make it better. I am sure there is room for improvement, but overall we are thrilled with this product and what it has done to improve our financial close processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

look at the demo. It works as good as they sell it as!

Process and workflow. Making sure we dont miss anything. We have shaved off time of our close and become much more efficient and purposeful in everything we are doing. It also helps to integrate our remote locations into our accounting team to acheive more synergy.

"Faster than ever!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I do not have to keep reviewing my checklist to make sure I completed all the schedules etc. Also, i do not have more surprises when my schedules are out of balance.. I get an email letting me know something has changed and i can take a look quickly.

What do you dislike?

I do not think there is anything I 'dislike" the system is fulfilling our needs as for month end closing and I enjoy the fact that they keep adding new functionalities!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent software! You will immediately see how your process is improved. Also, it is pretty easy to use and FloQast is constantly offering training on new features or enhancements done. Very good customer service, they get back to you really quickly.

Faster closing, better control on the pending items and what is the status of the items designated to other members of the team, improved communication on what is going on pending items etc

FloQast review by User in Financial Services

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

This close management software allows our company to easily track what has been and has not been completed for each monthly close. I like the ease of use and the ability to import excel files that our ERP system, NetSuite, can easily export. I like the ability the system has to reconcile NetSuite to our reconciliations. I like that the system is entirely cloud-based along with our ERP system.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I have thus far disliked is the analytics and my ability to track where everyone on my team is at with a close. I believe that we are working on some of the system's older analytics and I believe FloQast is working on this part of their system, but otherwise I have no complaints. It is easy to use, to mark checklist items and reconciliations as complete, and to use review notes.

We have been able to spread out the monthly close among multiple employees rather than rely on just one or two employees to complete the close. This is allowing us to complete the close more quickly and to leverage other employee's knowledge of their assigned areas when closing.

FloQast review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"FloQast has simplified close procedure, streamlined reconciliations, and provided ample visibility."

What do you like best?

The reconciliation process is by far the best feature for our team. Being able to auto-reconcile specific accounts, and gain visibility into potential issues with others has made reviewing much smoother than our previous software. With the click of a button, FloQast sees the most up to date information from our GL and we have instantaneous insight into problem areas.

What do you dislike?

The standard dashboard is very useful from a reviewer and department head point of view, but our team has provided feedback that it would be very useful to be able to customize the dashboard to make something more meaningful for them. However, the team over at FQ has been in regular contact with us and has been more than willing to hear our suggestions for future features.

We have completely solved any unreconciled accounts, and have significantly increased the efficiency of our close process.

FloQast review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"FloQast has made the month end process more accurate, complete and more streamline."

What do you like best?

FloQast has helped our month end process to become much more organized. Each member of the team knows where the process stands as well as what needs to be done. Tasks are always completed because of the checklist feature and accounts are always reconciled because of the the reconciliation feature.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this system. Every part of FloQast is easy to understand, update and work with during the month end process.

Update times to add documents to the system can tend to take some time to upload and reconcile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FloQast is always improving. There is always new updates and improvements made to the system.

Delegating tasks has become a much easier process as well as having a proper and complete review of the tasks completed. The month end process has become more streamline as well as complete and accurate.

FloQast review by David B.
David B.

"CPA Firm with a BPO Practice, looking to continually improve our services to the non profit sector"

What do you like best?

We started with FloQast at the beginning of 2016. We are currently running service delivery for 20 clients on the tool. Ultimately this will be our main production engine, driving standardized service delivery and process efficiencies.

Our engagement teams that have used the tool are big fans. FloQast facilitates efficient delegation and review for our team that is increasingly spread across the world serving clients who are spread across the country.

We view FloQast as an essential component of our outsourcing play and are excited to check back in with this forum as its impact matures in our business.

What do you dislike?

FloQast was not initially programmed for specific use by a BPO. To the credit of their ability to listen and hustle, they have made significant changes for the benefit of businesses like ours. They have made strides in our ability to monitor our performance across multiple clients and have many ideas in the queue for future advancement. We appreciate their responsiveness to our input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BPO users of the cloud based tools supported by FloQast should strongly consider this solution. Advantages include monitoring performance, course correcting when necessary, documenting reviews, and driving efficiency.

We partnered with FloQast as part of a move to improve service delivery through standardization. The early returns are very good, we can delegate and track delivery of our statement of work much better than we could in the past.

FloQast review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent Tool to Manage Your Close"

What do you like best?

FloQast gives me (Corporate Controller) the ability to monitor my staffs progress on our financial close at all points during the close. It is fully integrated with our accounting G/L and makes storing and organizing backup documentation extremely easy. The analytics tool allows me to understand where the hold ups are occurring and where we might potentially need to allocate more resources.

What do you dislike?

Could use some enhanced features. It has been somewhat difficult to gain full adoption from my team as they aren't used to logging into a new software. While it's a great tool to organize our close, the features of the product are still somewhat basic.

I was trying to get off Excel to manage our close and something that was integrated with our Accounting G/L. FloQast was easy to implement and centralized all of our close tasks in one software. It helps us organize, monitor and analyze all the processes involved in closing our books.

FloQast review by Matt S.
Matt S.

"Awesome product that really helped improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our month end close"

What do you like best?

FloQast has really improved our month end close process. The software has allowed our accounting team to better track the month end close process more effectively as well as making sure all employees have knowledge of their own responsibilities, tasks, and deadlines. Our reconciliations are now housed in one place and we able to make sure they are all being completed each month. The software has been easy to administer as well, we make changes every month to tasks as our team and company continues to grow without any major problems.

What do you dislike?

Lots of verification to that all our GL accounts are included in FQ from our ERP system. Wish there was ability to sign off as a preparer/reviewer on reconciliations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FloQast is definitely a quick and effective fix to help improve your month end process, Implementation is easy if you have a defined checklist

We were having difficulty getting everyone on the same page for month end close and holding people accountable for deadlines required to complete month end effectively and efficiently. With FloQast implemented, everyone in accounting is now on the same page and knows when tasks need to be accomplished and when they are due in order to close the books. All our balance sheet accounts are now being reconciled monthly, allowing the team to know if there are any further adjustments necessary before we publish financials to the C-suite/Board of Directors.

FloQast review by Administrator

"Best product for workflow management"

What do you like best?

This product is the best I've used to manage workflow in accounting environment. Before FloQast, everyone on my team keeps an excel spreadsheet of their month-end close tasks, which is difficult to manage and with no viability. With FloQast, it keeps the team accountable for their respective tasks every month and makes it easier to track where we are in the close process. The reconciliation function is amazing, because of it, the monthly reconciliation is no longer a nightmare for my team.

What do you dislike?

I wish the review note can be visible when I hover the cursor over the difference, instead of having to click into the note column on the far right.

Monthly account reconciliation used to be a nightmare for my team, with Floqast, we are now completing the reconciliation in a timely manner.

FloQast review by User in Computer Software

"FloQast is an easy to use tool that helps streamline processes"

What do you like best?

FloQast has a simple layout that makes it very easy to use the product. This tool allows you to easily create checklists and track the status throughout the close process. Additionally, for reconciliations an automatic email will be sent to you when it is out of balance. The sign off tool is great to allow you to assign tasks to specific individuals and help implement controls by assigning preparers and reviewers.

What do you dislike?

One aspect of FloQast that is more time consuming is if you need to add a preparer or reviewer, you have to re-add all the individuals to the specific task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FloQast is a great tool and I highly recommend implementing it if you would like to make your processes simple and efficient.

The largest benefit is that it has made transitioning team roles and responsibilities to new team members easy and has made the overall close process more efficient.

FloQast review by Amy S.
Amy S.

"FloQast"

What do you like best?

Before FloQast, all journal entries were on paper. Now, anyone with access to Floqast can find the information they need, wherever they are. This has also helped with our annual audit. The auditors can access the information, which minimizes the questions they have for us.

What do you dislike?

After using FloQast for 6 months, we have not had an area that we dislike. Any time we have questions, customer service has always been very helpful on helping us find the answers. One improvement could be to have emails sent when users complete a journal entry. Then, the admin. staff know to login to approve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a paperless system to complete your month end journal entries, then FloQast is a great solution. You can upload your trial balance at the end of your process and reconcile your accounts to see any discrepancies. You can also see the status of journal entries and what staff members need to complete.

Our goal is to start going electronic and reduce the need for paper. Also, to allow access to staff when they are offsite and need information.

FloQast review by Kristen P.
Kristen P.

"Month End Close software unlike anything else on the market"

What do you like best?

Unlike other integrations I've been through, FloQast was incredibly easy to set up. Especially with our ERP. It is very intuitive and so easy to use with minimal training. It has helped my Finance & Accounting team of 12 users make our month end close process more efficient and ensures we are always in sync and communicating throughout the close. Having the close checklist and reconciliations all in one place with deadlines and timestamps of submissions and reviews is a nice change from the old tick and tie, sign-off, paper days.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. FloQast has been one of the better business partners I have worked with, in that they are constantly considering our suggestions and actually implementing them.

We have more visibility and a nice global view of the close and reconciliations. It is organized, centrally managed. keeps the team on their toes, and helps us collaborate and ensure the most efficient close.

FloQast review by Nancy P.
Nancy P.

"A game-changing product for managing the financial close process."

What do you like best?

As an original beta customer of FloQast, one of the things I like best is the amount of positive change I’ve witnessed throughout the past year and having been a part of the conversation influencing some of the areas of change. For example, our team has been able to suggest improvements to the folder structure and review comments that have been implemented into the product.

Before we implemented FloQast at Simple, we were manually rolling our close checklist from month to month and did not have a good way to collaborate on the monthly close as a result. As our close process involves more than two people now, we definitely appreciate the procedures that are automatically rolled for us each month inside of FloQast with assignees and due dates that we do not have to manually plug into the system. It has definitely kept our team on track when we have had tight deadlines for producing financial reporting deliverables.

What do you dislike?

One of my biggest dislikes with the product is the inflexibility around modifying the close procedures. As our team has continued to grow here at Simple, we have been modifying the existing procedures to be more efficient and robust. After the initial procedures are set up into the FloQast system, it is pretty clunky to modify them. Ideally, there would be a way to move around procedures easily, instead of having to essentially start over each time I need to modify a section’s procedures checklist. Additionally, as my staff works through their sections, I wish there was a way for them to propose new close procedures that I could simply approve to add to the existing checklists.

Other things that would be helpful to our team is if there was functionality for hyperlinks, and having some sort of tracking mechanism that shows when each month’s close was “locked down” so I can monitor our company's close performance from month to month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend FloQast to any company looking to automate and increase collaboration on their monthly close process. It is a beneficial product that will help you better monitor your close process and review the close sections each month. Do know that the product is still in its developing stages and won’t be perfect. However, I do believe that the benefits outweigh the cons in this regard. The FloQast team has been spectacular and I know that they are working hard to keep making continual improvements to the product.

Overall, I think FloQast is a useful tool. It affords us the ability to quickly check on the status of the close process and gives us the assurance that the same close procedures will be rolled from period to period. Recently, we’ve been able to close in less than a week when we were on a tight reporting deadline and we do attribute some of that success to our team’s ability to leverage FloQast to hold us accountable to specific close deadlines.

FloQast review by Becky K.
Becky K.

"Really impressed!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is fresh, welcoming, and inviting. I can glance at the dashboard and instantly know what needs my attention.

What do you dislike?

I am looking forward to MORE! The product is exactly what it was promised to be, but I can't wait for more features so that I don't have to implement other solutions to do something that I know FloQast can do better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be intimidated by implementation. The FloQast team delivered what they promised regarding implementation.

The monthly close and review process has improved substantially. The checklists and sign-offs in FloQast provide real time communication which frees up my team to do other tasks. The auto-reconciliation feature has decreased preparation and review time.

FloQast review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Surprisingly Effective New Product"

What do you like best?

I really like the hash-tag capabilities because it makes reconciliations seamless.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could rename folders within the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool's greatest strength is it's flexibility. Reconciliations are still performed in Excel (which is the life blood of accounting) yet can be organized and tracked in real-time using FloQast's easy-to-use dashboard interface. You get as much out of the product as you put into it. The more time you devote into integrating the Company's processes into your FloQast account, the better your end result will be come audit time.

The product helped our team effectively transition from a quarterly close to a monthly close process.

FloQast review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"FloQast helping to close the books timely at a growing company"

What do you like best?

I joined a growing company that needed to close its monthly books even quicker all while the company grew in size (product lines, legal entities, people, all of it.) We chose NetSuite (cloud-based ERP) for accounting and consolidations. FloQast pulls GL balances in real time from NetSuite (believe it does so from many accounting systems), has a clean look, a cloud platform, and is easily configurable by the accounting team. We have accounting members all over the world and FloQast makes collaboration a breeze. In my position as Controller, FloQast gives me comfort to tell Executives, "yes our books are closed and our financials are complete." Our implementation was wonderful because all our customer care reps (and Sales people and Product people and Executives) from FloQast truly understand the operations of a corporate accounting department!

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to assign balance sheet account reconciliations to individuals on my team. Having spoken to my contacts at FloQast, it sounds like this is in the works or being considered by their product people right now!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely check out FloQast before looking into a more robust solution like Blackline. Blackline is great, but has some features we didn't need and lacks the "cloud-based" feel.

Before FloQast we had many pain points. We had reconciliation lead sheets that had to be rolled forward each month, but would become out of balance as soon as a post-close journal entry was booked, but no one would know. We had a close checklist and standard journal entry checklist in excel that needed to be updated daily by many members of the team simultaneously. We were growing our business and adding legal entities every month, blowing up the close checklist. And our Accounting Manager would have to count out the business days from a calendar to determine close due dates! Now all of this is automated on a cloud platform where we can all collaborate on the close process and get notifications if reconciliations go out of balance.

FloQast review by Jordan Y.
Jordan Y.

"Floqast is a top notch company with a top notch product."

What do you like best?

Floqast enables transparency on the close process across the organization and increases productivity across the Accounting team. The tool continually has more and more functionality as the Floqast team enhances the product. We have been able to take our close checklist out of Excel and use it for other Accounting tasks throughout the period as well. It has become a great task manager and productivity tool.

What do you dislike?

The next feature that would be a huge achievement would enable users to perform GL reconciliations within the tool itself. This would take Floqast to the next level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Floqast for Accounting teams of 3+ to manage the close checklist. It has increased our team's transparency and productivity while decreasing the number of days to close.

Being able to keep all team members on task during close has led to reducing the number of days it take to close the books. This benefit is appreciated across the organization up to the CEO and BODs.

FloQast review by User in Internet

"Great at keeping our end of month close on track! "

What do you like best?

This tool really allows us to keep on track for our end of the month close.

I really like the ability to have assigned people for each task and approvers. Those tasks all roll up to the larger project task list and % complete.

The ability to ask questions and add notes to each task makes it easy to collaborate.

What do you dislike?

While its a great tool, the UI could be cleaned up a bit. Also, if there were integrations to other tools like Salesforce so that things could be pulled in, that would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you have a lot of people and tasks that you need to manage on a monthly basis.

We have really streamlined the close process with this tool.

FloQast review by Angela L.
Angela L.

"Floqast is a tool our Accounting department can't do without."

What do you like best?

We function as a shared services F&A team supporting multiple companies. Floqast provides the Month End Close task tracking and TB to Subledger tie-out that allows us to support multiple companies and still perform a 5 day close. It saves countless hours of time and provides a view of exactly where we are in the process at any time. My team has thrived with this tool and are now meeting deadlines with accuracy and efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Anything that I have suggested to be changed or added has been heard by the Floqast team and they have either implemented it or it is on the list for future rollouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The team at Floqast is the best I've ever worked with. They listen to their customers and strive to improve their software to make it the best it can be.

Supporting multiple companies makes things more complicated, but Floqast has given my team clarity and we are exceeding our Month End Close goals. As the Director of Finance and Controller for each of the companies we support, Floqast has saved me hours of work by eliminating the manual process of tying out the TB to the Subledgers. The system automatically does this process for me and we now reconcile monthly and have support ready to go for when the audits roll around. The other feature is that it sits on-top of a box.com folder structure for saving all of our support and reconciliations in one place that is easy to access either via Floqast or directly from box.com.

FloQast review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"FloQast"

What do you like best?

FloQast has helped increase the transparency in our overall close process and keep key stakeholders updated on progress. It assists in finding where bottlenecks are occurring so we can redeploy resources as necessary and ensure timelines are met. Reconciliations are centralized and completion / review status is easily viewed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing material we dislike. There are features they are currently developing related to the reconciliation functionality which will be nice to have once released.

Ensure close deadlines are met

Electronic reconciliations w/ sign off capabilities

Ease of updates to close tasks based on vacation & holiday schedules / staffing changes

FloQast review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Exceeded Expectations and has Results for our Company Instantly"

What do you like best?

FloQast is a simple, yet effective way to ensure that your close deadlines are complete, your BS reconciles, and you have all the support in one place. I have been thoroughly impressed with the team there and how they strive to make their product better and ensure you have everything you need to be successful. I have used other software that offer the same thing, but FloQast surpasses these other products. It is user friendly and only took one 45 min training and our accounting team was good to go, As part of the implementation process, they ask for your feedback and ideas on how they can make it better. They then take those ideas and ask for input from other clients to see if it is something that would be beneficial across the board.

I have also been impressed by the instant results my company has seen:

- Our close went incredibly smooth

- Less confusion as to what was completed

- Balance sheet accounts got reconciled within a certain time window and weren't put off indefinitely

- Gathered all our GL support in one simple location for use in the audit

- Ensured that at least 2 sets of eyes had looked at all the recons

These were just some of the benefits. I look forward to continuing our partnership with FloQast and seeing what else they have in store for making the tool even more effective and beneficial.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is not much to say that is negative. There are some features I wish it had which I have discussed with the team at FloQast. They have made it a priority to get input from other clients and plan to have these features rolled out by the end of the year. I don't think you will get that kind of support from some of the bigger companies that provide similar solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Before FloQast, we were operating our close functions out of an excel spreadsheet. Often times you had to wait until someone got out to update your stuff, or you just forgot to update your task status. This led to a lot of confusion as to where we really were when closing the books. This has all changed. The checklist gives you alerts when you have items that are past due. More than one person can be changing things at the same time. It shows you a close status. It is overall just a huge upgrade from what we were doing.

As far as reconciliations go, there was no accountability for us to do recs on a monthly, quarterly, or annually basis. Often times, things would come up and recs got pushed to the side which led to a headache at year-end getting ready for our audit. Now with FloQast, we have the accountability we needed to get recs completed AND reviewed while having all the support in one location so it is easy to find later. It is going to make the audit a lot easier and have cleaner financial statements at YE and not require us to reopen the books multiple times when we find errors.

FloQast review by James W.
James W.

"Great product to help close your books more efficiently"

What do you like best?

The ability to automatically reconcile our ERP (SAP Business ByDesign) against our soft-copy excel reconciliations via FloQast provided us the capacity to focus more on a qualitative review of our financial statements and reduce reconciliation differences previously detected via a manual tick and tie process. The centralized location to house our supporting schedules & document our review comments also removed our need to retain a hard-copy reconciliation binder for the auditors, as we are now able to provide thorough audit evidence of review & sign-off directly via FloQast.

What do you dislike?

Once a close is complete, the system needs to be able to "close" that period to lock it from changes and keep history for internal control documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product has been well received by the team and allows us to get the close done quicker and move on to more important things.

Because of the automation, we were able to realize a time savings of about 4 hours per close by cutting out the manual tick / tie process previously in place. We have also been better able to manage the timing of the close with the checklist function which allows people to concentrate on specific tasks and we have reduced the close from 5 to 4 days.

FloQast review by John G.
John G.

"Excellent and Easy To Use Financial Close Software"

What do you like best?

FloQast has a simple, user friendly interface, and is a great tool for ensuring all of our balance sheet accounts are appropriately reconciled. Previously, if a journal entry was booked into our ERP (NetSuite) without the owner of the reconciliation knowing it, we ran the risk of our reconciliations being out of balance. With FloQast, that problem is solved as I can get real-time ERP data compared to the current version of our Excel reconciliations to ensure they're reconciled.

FloQast also serves as an excellent close calendar. Previously our close calendar was a rather ugly Google Doc, shared by the team. FloQast organizes each section however you with, then has various prepare/review steps for each team member. The interface is simple, elegant, and intuitive and my team members had a really easy time getting up to speed on how to use it. Everything can be customized to meet your team's needs.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike about FloQast. I wish there was a way to ensure all the accounts with balances were being pulled from our ERP into the FloQast interface. As it stands we have to manually add any new account and I have to prepare an off-line analysis comparing our ERP account list to FloQast to make sure they are in sync with each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you take note of what you like or don't like about FloQast and communicate this to the team - it is clear that they really listen to their customers and make enhancements to the platform based on customer feedback.

Ensuring our reconciliations are in sync with our ERP balances is a huge help that has sped up our close process as we don't have to repeatedly open multiple Excel reconciliation documents and ensure they still tie to our GL. And having all the steps outlined within the platform that we need to complete on a monthly/quarterly basis has been a huge help - we'll never forget anything and can add or remove steps as necessary. It also helps to ensure that every item requiring a review is actually reviewed.

FloQast review by Heather N.
Heather N.

"Floqast"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature is the alert to if something that was previously reconciled and signed off on changes. Also, they have worked with us directly for any changes our auditors require!

What do you dislike?

Very few things. There are some suggested improvements but they seem to be very responsive to customer suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to close the books and not lose track of anything.

We are keeping track of deadlines, close tasks, and documenting it for SOX purposes.

FloQast review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Floqast Fan!"

What do you like best?

We initially were interested in Floqast to help when balances are signed off on and a journal entry changes them later in the close, an alert is sent out so the preparer can update their reconciliation to match the new GL balance. However it has helped us expedite our close by being able to identify consistently late tasks and address these bottlenecks.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can think of that I dislike, the company is constantly asking customer for feedback so if there is is a feature you want you can pass that info along.

Floqast has given visibility into the close easily without having a close meeting, constantly updating a spreadsheet, etc.

FloQast review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Gamechanger in the period-end close process"

What do you like best?

Keeps the team organized & holds everyone accountable to their assigned deadlines. Enables you to leave & respond to review notes directly within a task.

What do you dislike?

Do not like how many times I have to click through pages to get where I want. For example, in order to filter for my assigned open tasks, I have to click to the checklist, then click a button to bring up filter options, click the filter I want. When I click "Checklist" the filters should already be there & then I can click directly to my open tasks.

FQ is addressing the streamlining & organization of our close process. We have significantly reduced the time it takes to now close & as everyone is held accountable for their tasks, we see where the bottlenecks are.

"Fantastic Close Software"

What do you like best?

The best part is the easy excel integration that allows you to refresh and see everything up to the minute. Any changes are reflected and alert you to out of balance accounts.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time as we just integrated it recently, I would prefer the automatic refresh be done more then once a day but I dont believe its a major issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool and allows for everyone to reduce the amount of time they spend in month end.

Process flow is our biggest fix. This allows our managers to look at the items at a high level and have all the reconciliations in one place.

FloQast review by steve a.
steve a.

"FSCP improvements. #FloQast"

What do you like best?

The ability to instantaneously obtain status information on the FSCP.

What do you dislike?

Review notes are not linked to a particular cell in the reconciliation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great program that provides real time information and helps with our review process.

We have less status meetings. My team is meeting their deadlines.

FloQast review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Assistant Controller - my team has been using Floqast for about 6 months now. "

What do you like best?

The best feature is the reconciliation "refresh" tool that pulls the GL balance from NetSuite and the corresponding recon balance in Box.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the system have a "lock" feature, meaning once items were signed off and approved they could be locked and only an admin could edit. Any edits made would be tracked in an audit log and that log would be reportable (basically I am looking to make this tool SOX compliant).

I also would like to receive a text message notification when a prior period (now locked) balance in the recon tool changes and no longer agrees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I definitely recommend Floqast to others- especially if you're business runs on SaaS solutions (such as NetSuite, QuickBooks Online, Box, etc).

Floqast is helping solve the accounting "age-old" problem of the month end checklist. It keeps all tasks in one location that is easy to access and (most importantly) easy to use for both the task preparer and reviewer. With just a quick refresh of the software/website I am able to track my team's close progress against the calendar, see what tasks are open, and how many reconciliation are ready for my review. It allows me to focus on just what I need to as the team manager, and keeps me out of the "weeds".

This has definitely made close a much more streamlined process, lessened emails between the team on status and has helped save time in my review!

FloQast review by Brandt K.
Brandt K.

"Blackline will not have any customers in 5 years"

What do you like best?

Software is very easy to use and adds a ton of organization and value to our company. We have been able to get a great jump start on close each and every month and have much greater visibility into where we stand.

What do you dislike?

Nothing noted, product has functioned very well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better bang for buck than blackline!!

Close has been much more efficient and we shaved off days from our close process.

FloQast review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"Wish we had implemented FloQast a year ago! "

What do you like best?

The training, implementation support, and ease of use are three of the highlights about using FloQast. We were up and running within a minimum amount of time on our part. The outcome far outweighs the few hours of pre-work to begin using the software.

What do you dislike?

Personally, there isn't anything I dislike!! However, the rest of the team is surprised how easily and quickly I can now follow up with them!

Recommendations to others considering the product

See above comments. I highly recommend!

Both our external auditors and executive team have commented that the completeness of the month-end close checklist, timing of reconciliations and standardization of templates were below minimum standards. FloQast solved these issues and more in the first month after implementation.

FloQast review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"FloQast has been amazing, from the initial setup to the software itself. There's nothing better."

What do you like best?

Everything really. To list a few: The ability to sync with Box or equivalent. The ability to refresh a single account reconciliation balance from NetSuite without having to refresh the entire trial balance or source documents. The filters on task assignments.

What do you dislike?

Not having the option to backdate a close item in the checklist if you simply forgot to check an item off when it was due.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose FloQast. It will be the best decision you ever made with regards to managing your close process.

Faster close with extreme accountability of sticking to a close cycle.

FloQast review by Ben N.
Ben N.

"Fantastic Product and Company"

What do you like best?

Really intuitive product and easy to use. Feels very natural and fits right into the close process. It is the perfect balance between function and usability.

What do you dislike?

Product has exceeded all expectation and the folks with FloQast have been terrific to work and totally responsive. There is nothing I have disliked about the product, the implementation or the continued support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

feel free to reach out to me. Would love to discuss the product with you.

Making the monthly close a more collaborative, engaging, and efficient process. I now have a close dashboard and can easily monitior progress and am able to know when certain information is reliable and what information is still preliminary. It really helps facilitates communication within the account group and across the company.

FloQast review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"FloQast has helped to organize our close process and improve the efficiency of the tie out process."

What do you like best?

The system has helped to organize our close process and improve the efficiency of the tie out process. Each person involved with the close can easily see what tasks are open and prioritize tasks to ensure a timely completion. Tying out the balance sheet to reconciliations previously was paper based – all reconciliations were printed, signed off on and put in a binder. With FloQast, we have the ability to sign off electronically and tie out within the system.

What do you dislike?

There is a file size limitation in place where FloQast cannot pull in a balance from the reconciliation if the file is over a certain size (around 10MB). This was higher as recently as March 2016. This may not be an issue for other users but some of our reconciliations are well over 10MB given the size of the data sources being used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FloQast is constantly providing new features and improvements to existing features. They are very receptive to user feedback.

We have been able to successfully streamline our financial close process and will soon bring our international subsidiaries on board to offer better support and real time review to their reconciliations. This has definitely helped us unify the close process across our growing company.

FloQast review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"Very easy system to implement and use"

What do you like best?

what I like best is the system allows users to continue to use their beloved excel spreadsheet without changing to a fixed format that other system requires a preparer to perform. Update and maintain the system is rather easy

What do you dislike?

Lack of security for sensitive files might be a problem for some. Box or Google drive doesn't allow file to be saved with password and this can be time consuming for preparer to delete or modify the file to protect the infomation.

The dashboard allows everyone to be able to see the progress for the month end is nice.

FloQast review by Administrator

"Floqast is an amazing, well-thought out product!"

What do you like best?

I love that it pulls balances directly from our accounting software package, Intacct and updates nightly. I refresh multiple times a day during the month-end close process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing I can think of. I love all the new features they came out with recently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create your month-end close process in Excel first. Ask all involved parties for input. Select your goal close-by date and work backwards from there.

We have a month-end close process now that we adhere to. Quicker closes. Used to be 20+ days and our last close was 8 days. Shooting for a 7-day close.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

Quick notifications when reconciliations are unreconciled

What do you dislike?

I would like more analytics but i do think its offered just not within the package my company pays for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try if you would like to save time in your closing process. Great support and does the job.

Quicker close, less wasted time

"FloQast Review"

What do you like best?

I like how this product shows visual progress of our month end close process and that it helps to enhance the accuracy and completeness of the close.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some of the functionality of the software and the rollforward feature could use some updating. The rollforward feature could use a makeover to make it more useful.

We are solving several monthly SOX issues with this product by having clearly defined segregation of duties within our accounting department and making sure that all areas of our close process are completed and in a timely fashion.

FloQast review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"FloQast is key to staying organized"

What do you like best?

I love having one place to go to know exactly where the close stands - what's done, what's not, and who is falling behind schedule. It is great for holding everyone accountable and highlights where we are spending more time than expected. From a management perspective, it is extremely helpful in knowing where I should be spending my time reviewing.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that FloQast is lacking, especially those which would be more helpful at the Controllership/upper management level (i.e. as more detailed information on how long it takes to complete a section or task). There is also limited flexibility to tailor the product to the specific needs of the company.

We have become much more organized in our close process and procedures since introducing FloQast. It has also helped us in redistributing work as we have been able to see which sections tend to fall behind or take more time than expected.

FloQast review by Patricia Y.
Patricia Y.

"Great for private companies -- not sure about public"

What do you like best?

Overall, Floqast is a great product for tracking your close progress. It helps in keeping the team on track to finishing close in a timely manner.

-Ease of use, simple interface

-Great for tracking close tasks, or any recurring tasks in the month. Acts as a good reminder of your to-do list.

-Provides a high-level overview of close for management

-Great tool for companies starting out with close management who need to get organized

-Updated account balances are immediately fed -- no need to wait 24 hours

-Easy to tie reconciliation balances to GL balances

What do you dislike?

Floqast a a work in progress. They are willing to listen to your pain points for future optimization of the software. However there are some minute things lacking in their product currently:

-Inability to lock down periods -- this would be a control issue for public companies

-Inability for non-admins to add in non-recurring tasks (eg. one off JEs that need sign-off for review)

-Live-to-date information on completed tasks and account balances -- need to refresh in order to get this information

-Customizable notifications and alerts on completed tasks, deadlines missed, etc.

-Multi-level approval based upon materiality of the JE

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about your business needs and whether Floqast is scalable to support that.

-Close organization -- this has greatly helped out team keep on track

-Timely completion of reconciliations -- the snapshot helps to provide visibility into variances

FloQast review by Consultant in Consumer Goods
Consultant in Consumer Goods

"Big FloQast Fan"

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly and requires very little training. I am an executive-level accounting consultant and was hired to tackle several month-end issues for a tech company in Silicon Beach. My final project was to implement FloQast for the company and everyone loved it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. I do look forward to a future release with capabilities that allow administrators to give auditors specific access to the company's data and reconciliations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you compare to ART SkyStem or another competitor, it will be immediately obvious that FloQast is a superior product.

Consolidation and streamlining of our month-end process. Controller can quickly see where the month-end process is at.

FloQast review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Best Software for Accounting Close Process"

What do you like best?

Ease of Use - User Friendly / Very flexible to attain our specific goal / Very reliable (wherever you are at work/home) / Improves work efficiency tremendously / Software maintenance is at the minimum.

I don't see any side-effects on this product (well though product for the Accountants) - excellent job on keeping the financial information intact and with integrity!

Build effective communication and TEAMWORK!

What do you dislike?

Need a bit of improvement on some of the functionalities we have observed which is not currently producing the way we wanted.

Track all reconciliations and organized them.

Improve work efficiency.

Build effective communication within the Accounting Team.

Financial Integrity.

Reliable data.

FloQast review by Maureen B.
Maureen B.

"With FloQast we can see at a glance how our close is progressing"

What do you like best?

Continuous updates between our ERP and supporting documents

What do you dislike?

Would like a more flexible close schedule that could be customized each month so that user could assign a date to close day 1 and close day 2, etc

Can easily see close process and which recons need to be updated

FloQast review by User in Computer Software

"FloQast has increased the efficiency and transparency of the close process tremendously."

What do you like best?

Our favorite aspect are the review notes.

What do you dislike?

The health monitor. We have a very aggressive timeline with a small team, and the health monitor never looks the best.

Transparency among the team on any issues or bottlenecks to finishing certain tasks.

FloQast review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"SVP, Finance"

What do you like best?

integration with NetSuite and dashboard functionality

What do you dislike?

would love more audit request list checklist functionality

transparency across multiple subsidiaries on monthly close responsibilities and status

"Floqast review"

What do you like best?

It seems very organized and user friendly

What do you dislike?

I have to pull multiple reports to get what I need

Faster month end close

Learn more about FloQast

FloQast Videos

Learning about FloQast?

* We monitor all FloQast reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.