Flowgear

Flowgear connects anything to anything, any way you need.

Work for Flowgear?

Learning about Flowgear?

Categories

Flowgear Reviews

Ask Flowgear a Question
Showing 10 Flowgear reviews
Flowgear review by Philip G.
Philip G.

"Flowgear - integration experiences in a small business"

What do you like best?

I am a 'tech savvy' business owner rather than IT professional. Like many businesses today I have the ambition to move away from my legacy IT systems to modern Cloud computing products. Integrating the new systems is a challenge, which I am solving with Flowgear. I researched many of-the-shelf integrations for my cloud systems, but they were mostly too generic or too expensive or both. Owning my own enterprise integration system was too expensive in cost, maintenance and training. For me, Flowgear is a great compromise between these 2 approaches.

The drag and drop interface is very easy to use.

The entry level pricing plans are very affordable while gaining confidence and knowledge of the platform.

Email support is very responsive.

What do you dislike?

The documentation for Flowgear is basic and factual. Expansion of the knowledgebase would be helpful for those starting out on the platform.

Integrating Cloud CRM, Accounting, Sales Order Processing and Product database using API and EDI techniques

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flowgear
Flowgear review by Hermann C.
Hermann C.

"No-fuzz, easy to learn and use"

What do you like best?

- Support various source databases, systems and interfaces

- Mostly XML driven with easy conversions to JSON

- If used to ETL / SSIS type environments, it is quick to configure

- Visual Workflow steps which can be re-used via input parameters

- Automation ETL workflow with error feedback options

What do you dislike?

Native SQL Bulk Loading can at times become slow and clunky

** HOWEVER, it is easy to work-around with looped/block code logic

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is inexpensive to test the system by using the lowest tier of service. Once you get used to it, it will be quick to see the benefits of upgrading to the bigger packages which provides Workflow history and logs. For application development, I would highly recommend looking at the API feature available where doing application architecture. Exposing data via API for GET & POST is much quicker than coding the API's in-house.

- Connection to multiple source servers/clients through port 80 and minimal firewall configuration

- Visibility of disparate data environments and ability to consolidate data to centralised environment

What iPaaS solution do you use?

Flowgear review by Rob S.
Rob S.

"Great support, extremely powerful and affordable"

What do you like best?

We love the balance of drag-and-drop connections with full scripting/programmability. We need it to be usable for developers, support staff, and professional services; and it has that flexibility. We also love that we can write custom nodes in .NET.

What do you dislike?

Very little. I wish it had two-factor authentication, and sometimes it can be hard to drag-and-drop connections when zoomed out really far on the graphical view. But these are very minor complaints.

We are able to provide customized integrations for our clients with far less software development. We decided early on that we really didn't want to expose a full public API. So with this tool we can maintain an internal API and create our own integrations, or use it to expose a tailored API to specific clients.

Flowgear review by Shawn D.
Shawn D.

"System Integration Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The possibilities for integration are endless. I have not yet encountered an integration scenario that could not be achieved with Flowgear.

The design surface brings one as close as one can get to "coding without writing code".

It's cloud-hosted. I don't need to install any software in order to design workflows.

Their developer support is top-notch.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing I dislike about using Flowgear.

However, I would like to see DropPoints being registered via an API Key, instead of via an email address/password.

Integrations between various independent systems.

Benefits have been that I did not have to write my own "integration windows services" to do polling and monitoring for events. Setting up Flowgear workflows turned out to be a lot quicker than self-building.

Flowgear review by Yash G.
Yash G.

"Incredibly configurable and powerful, easy to use, easy to debug"

What do you like best?

One of the absolute best features of this service is the Activity Log: Every workflow you create gets everything logged. Every action, every chunk of data and every type of error. Sometimes you will have to dig deeper to find out where you've gone wrong, but thanks to the logging filterable by exact day and time, you will have, at the least, some place to start or reference. Logs also go back up to 30 days I believe, which is neat.

The second best thing about Flowgear would be the support: If you have any problem or confusion regarding anything, don't hesitate to shoot out an email or talk to them through Intercom (recently implemented). They get back incredibly fast and are really helpful in solving any problems you may have. Feature requests are also taken into consideration and discussion behind the scenes. I recently requested this feature to have the ability to see what workflows, a selected workflow appears in. (you can make workflows that use each other. It's very much like Object Oriented Programming on a bigger scope) It was implemented no more than a month later and makes this tool incredibly powerful.

Last but not the least, you can pretty much build any automation you want. There are nodes for everything: Web requests, PDF conversion, Excel parsing, XML handling, JSON handling, Custom Scripts etc. If you don't find something you want, you can either request it or make it yourself. (Although I haven't gotten into that just yet so I don't know how straightforward it is.)

And that brings me to one of the other most powerful features of this: You can even make your own API because each workflow can act like an HTTP endpoint. You can specify what you want it to be: GET, POST, DELETE, whatever you need and you can send any kind of data. You can also let workflows run forever or on schedule, by month, week or day, down to the interval and minute. There is nothing else on the market right now that allows for this amount of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Don't expect to be writing really custom code that utilizes packages from Nuget for example. (Flowgear is C# based I believe) You have the ability to write some amount of custom scripts but they're mostly scoped: they perform one or two operations. For example, custom code to clean whitespace & double quotes in HTML so they can be sent through JSON. You can't write code to interact with more depth just yet. However, this is not something of concern for us at the moment, as we've built a lot of incredibly complex systems without needing to have this functionality.

Most of the nodes are also XML based. (Pretty powerful actually) There is a node to pull data from JSON and converting JSON to XML (and vice-versa), but other than that, you'll have to write custom code to work with JSON. This might change in the future.

Only other gripe would be the administrative features for the company account. I believe they're still in development but adding new users and managing their permissions currently has to be done by talking directly to support. You can easily make sub-sites, with multiple users though, it's just that its not in the web app yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best automation tools out there with a lot of flexibility. However make sure you go through your requirements first. This is not like Zapier, FlowXO or Automate IO. This is for companies that need more power and customizability.

If you just want more complex integrations between multiple services, go with Flowgear.

We've solved a lot of problems with this tool, so much so that it has become indispensable.

#1: Automating an incredible number of our processes. Creating Zendesk tickets for example, with data pulled from many different sources based on triggers from other services.

#2: Serving as an API endpoint for our internal apps. (amazing!)

#3: Setting business processes to run on a schedule.

#4: Automating email delivery.

#5: Running business processes to be triggered by webhooks.

Flowgear review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"Awesome product and support"

What do you like best?

Easy way to connect web APIs and local systems together. Zero installation time and amazing range of capabilities. The support is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike ... I'm a huge Flowgear fan and it was a perfect fit for our requirements after testing multiple competitors such as Boomi, Snaplogic, Biztalk, Mulesoft, etc, etc. Best price/performance and quickest to get started with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is way better/quicker to get going, less expensive than others I tested like Boomi, Snaplogic, and Mulesoft. True 100% cloud business model.

Integrating multiple systems with very complex business process requirements.

Flowgear review by Marius v.
Marius v.

"Very powerful and time saving platform"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can rapidly prototype integrations

What do you dislike?

Certain functions can be expensive to gain access to, for example usage to the API or version control

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you start using Flowgear as your go to automation and integration builder, you will not go back

Automating tasks for clients, reducing user involvement and thus mistakes and fraud.

Flowgear review by Clint d.
Clint d.

"This product is flexible, reliable and easy to use."

What do you like best?

The user interface feels very intuitive and is neatly laid out.

What do you dislike?

That we didn't start using a product such as Flowgear sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Flowgear to anyone looking for a platform that saves time and increases data capturing accuracy.

By using Flowgear, we save ourselves hundreds of hours of work every year. Capturing data is now a pleasure and affords us more time to focus on customer service rather than data capturing. As a result, we have increased our efficiency while making fewer errors.

Flowgear review by Administrator

"Excellent Support with Flexible tool"

What do you like best?

Flowgear has been able to integrate with a number of key platforms for us with flexible output options.

What do you dislike?

Flows can be somewhat complex and not as easy to "learn" as I would like.

We've solved a number of platform connections and it's allowing us to integrate data across platforms in real-time.

Flowgear review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Excellent saving time and money"

What do you like best?

save you time in doing day to day ops and helps end users

What do you dislike?

when the system is offline

to make changes can take days in DEV

business process like creating new skus

purchases orders

sales order

Learning about Flowgear?

* We monitor all Flowgear reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories