FloydHub

FloydHub is a platform specially designed for deep learning and eliminating the engineering bottlenecks.

Work for FloydHub?

Learning about FloydHub?

FloydHub Reviews

Ask FloydHub a Question
Showing 11 FloydHub reviews
FloydHub review by <span>Minyue C.</span>
Minyue C.

Really good tool

What do you like best?

Best thing is that it lets you learn and is an overall great machine learning hub. For beginners, you can create unlimited public projects for no price at all. Their Cloud GPUs are great, and so is their version control and training modules. If you actually go for the paid version you also get to create private data sets, at a very reasonable price. The dashboard is quite effective, as well.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the amount of space provided, as I feel that it is too low. Considering how a simple google drive can offer way more space than that, I would like for them to increase the size they provide for being able to store bigger projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do recommend storing your projects and codes on this, because the deployment is very easy through this.

I often use it to manage my projects and deploy trained models. It is good for researching your materials and controlling all your data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FloydHub
FloydHub review by <span>Caleb B.</span>
Caleb B.

Really good cloud based platform

What do you like best?

It is very helpful for team collaboration. The best feature is that you can run multiple projects at the same time and work on them simultaneously. it is easier to compare prices and the general projects and generate necessary data from that. Their cloud GPUs are pretty good and the price of the software is pretty reasonable as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much of cloud storage available. Usually i can only store a few projects in it and often have to store them somewhere else to reload new projects. Does not work on Linux.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using it for storing chunks of individual projects and not for backing up every single thing.

I use it to store our projects and also manage a tiny chunk of the database through it. It is easy to use and has a lot of nice features available to use.

What Machine Learning solution do you use?

FloydHub review by <span>Steve T.</span>
Steve T.

Easy-to-use GPU instances tailored for Deep Learning

What do you like best?

With FloydHub it's simple to transition from building deep networks on my computer to training them on GPUs. Maybe the best part is that nearly every environment I need comes pre-packaged so no additional setup is necessary, which isn't always the case with other cloud GPU solutions. When I require other libraries, I don't have to jump through hoops to install them. Finally, they provide cheap storage so it's easy to create large datasets and attach them to an instance, again with almost no additional setup.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Great product and customer support. In fact, once when I accidentally left a Jupyter Notebook running all weekend, they partially refunded me the GPU hours. Then, so it wouldn't happen again, they went the extra mile, assuring me that in the future any Jupyter Notebook left idle for more than an hour would be shut down automatically. Pretty amazing, considering it was my fault.

Since deep learning often requires lots of finetuning, the platform's ease of use allows for quick experimentation that gives me the means to design better models.

FloydHub review by <span>Raymond G.</span>
Raymond G.

Fast & easy deep learning setup- great for testing and prototyping

What do you like best?

The API is straightforward, well documented, and makes it easy to prototype and test models with a minimum of outside setup. They also offer a fairly large range of instance images which cover every deep learning framework that I have used and some that I have not. The team also has been extremely responsive to concerns, and fixed several major pain points when they were brought up. This makes me confident in both the team and the future of the product .

What do you dislike?

I don't think it's an efficient alternative yet for large projects- it's great for experimentation, testing, and small-to-medium size projects. If you are doing research, experimentation, or something along those lines it is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the flexibility, ease of setup and use, then Floydhub is a great alternative to spinning up an instance. The runway for me from learning about the software to running my first job was less than an hour.

It makes it easy to test, prototype, and explore modelling options.

FloydHub review by <span>Les G.</span>
Les G.

FloydHub, On Demand, Easy GPU for Deep Learning

What do you like best?

It's easy to gear up and get started. I spent 2 weeks earlier this year, trying to get set up on AWS. I think that's gotten better, but FloydHub was exponentially easier.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. They've been very responsive. With every experiment, I'm getting deeper and deeper into how flexible they are for my Deep Learning work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're an AWS wizard, you should definitely give FloydHub a try. For its ease of use - everything you need is available easy to spin up. The cost is also much better. AWS seemed to charge me, even when I was doing nothing. Also, FloydHub will automatically shut down your project if you forget to close it. AWS does not and you can incur HUGE charges if you're not careful. Also, Floydhub lets you use their service by the minute (instead of how AWS charges you for an hour, even if you use a few minutes.) The per hour charge is about half of AWS.

I'm in an experimental phase. I am trying to used ML/DL/NLP to make Advertising Creative better. I'm an advertising copywriter by trade, which is why the ease of FloydHub is so appealing to me.

FloydHub review by <span>Faruk M.</span>
Faruk M.

Very good tool with all the things I need for deep learning without much configuration

What do you like best?

Responsive to messages when I need help. The platform has most of the things I need, yet is extendable where it needs to be - for instance it enables installing missing python packages when running the code.

What do you dislike?

There are some minor UI tweaks that I would suggest, but I already did and they are working on it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to run deep learning models on GPU without much configuration, this is the place for you. There is also trial version when you register so you can try it out before paying anything.

Running deep learning models on GPUs, which can be essential if your business is using machine learning.

Learning about FloydHub?

* We monitor all FloydHub reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.