FluidReview

FluidReview is a grant management system for grants, scholarships and awards

Work for FluidReview?
Submittable userreview  2x

Learning about FluidReview?

FluidReview Reviews

Ask FluidReview a Question
Showing 8 FluidReview reviews
FluidReview review by <span>Leah M.</span>
Leah M.

Great experience with emergency onboarding

What do you like best?

I loved the reaction when I brought a national emergency, Hurricane Irma, forward to the team at FluidReview. The Giving Kitchen is a non-profit organization that offers emergency assistance to restaurant workers, and we decided to expand our program to the full state of Georgia with the damage caused by Irma. The FR team not only jumped to facilitate our program, but donated time to onboard us as quickly as possible. We have received hundreds of applications so far, and will be able to help many of those in crisis. We couldn't have done it without the FR team's dedication to our cause.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything to report for dislike from this experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The site is completely designed by you. So, the better you are able to design, the better your application will be.

Our application system and eligibility for our programs is being handled automatically. We are saving so much staff time, and the process is much more efficient.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FluidReview
FluidReview review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

Great potential, miserable reality

What do you like best?

On paper, this product is great - it's "fluid" as the name implies and has infinitely flexible options for workflows of all kinds including applications, reviews, user profiles, user types, reporting, and so on. The sales pitch was great - we run over 50 programs annually that are all very different and we were looking for one system to centralize our user experience for all of our programs.

What do you dislike?

The reality has not panned out. The tool itself is not totally disambiguated in its functionality, so it's never truly fluid - there are dozens of undocumented elements of the system that require you to arbitrarily run a certain process in this way or that way...so it isn't actually fluid or flexible when you get down to it.

The way that data is stored in the system is pretty separated, and can't be combined in reporting - so if you make the mistake of storing you data in the location where it makes sense, it's likely you either won't be able to report on it at all, or will have to run two reports you'll have to manually combine. An issue for us is that we collect a lot of basic classification info when a person registers, but if that person doesn't create an application after registering, we can't properly report or interact with their data - so it hurts our ability to increase conversion.

As other reviewers have noted, the technical support is lack luster - it's fast, but the answers are always very stock / textbook and there's no effort spent to truly understand our exact, unique process. The onboarding was a waste. We ended up having to entirely reconfigure the site ourselves after we were done with our implementation consultant because after launching our first program we couldn't actually do any of the things we wanted to with the data, and the configuration recommended by the FR onboarding person was unscalable.

Whenever there are bugs or issues with the system, there is no process by which you can know how they are being resolved, or when they will be resolved. We have had issues in the past that have affected hundreds of applicants and we're left totally in the dark about what's being done to address the issues.

The reporting itself is slow (reports can take up to 20-30 minutes to run) and as you grow in the system, the interface is very hard to use, it gets cluttered if you have too many questions, too many forms, too many applications, etc.

Another issue is emails sent from the system. Sometimes they just don't send (even though the system will report they have sent ok) and the logs don't in some cases capture all of the email copy. Additionally, there are no stats on the email sends themselves (clicks, opens, etc.) so the email tool isn't useful for gauging applicant engagement and we often have to manually export lists (from the very slow reporting tool) to actual email systems for more accurate email delivery and data.

Another issue is the way reviews are scored - the system reporting tool can only calculate and export a single score per application. It's possible to sort of duct tape a way to get sub scores and per reviewer scores, but it's not well supported and inaccessible in the report tool - so you have to manually look up any subscores (not a very straight forward process) and so any hope of doing multi-stage or tiered reviews dried up...it's impossible!

Another issue is that I would say probably 60-70% of the system's features and functionality are totally undocumented. They claim to have an excellent support site, and at first glance it has lots of articles and looks great but when it comes down to actually needing to use the system I've found that most things I need guidance on are undocumented or under-documented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't do it unless your process is very, very, very, very simple and predictable with zero deviations, ever. Once the system is setup (hoping you get a better setup consultant than we did!) you can't make *any* changes without massive headaches so if you business or work is even the least bit flexible or fluid, FluidReview is *not* the tool for you.

Any benefits we've realized are completely negated by the extreme resource drain it takes to deal with all of the system shortcomings. Theoretically, we're realizing a benefit by creating a better experience for our applicants by having a one-stop-shop but beyond that the benefits we wanted (better tool for our recruiters and staff, less time devoted to managing the system, savings of time and money due to better resource allocation, etc.) are totally unrealized.

I can't overstate how much manual time is involved in keeping this thing running and working for us. It's almost a full time job dealing with the system. Things in the system just don't work (schedule X to happen ay Y time, and then don't be shocked when the system tells you X has happened, but it has not!) so it's a constant need to monitor the system and fix the never ending messes created when it inevitably fails.

Our end-user staff (non admins) couldn't hate the system more - and as a result they don't put a lot of effort into learning how to use it and so an additional drain on time is having to do things for the staff that should be engaging the system more regularly. They just get frustrated and give up.

What Grant Management solution do you use?

FluidReview review by <span>Mariel S.</span>
Mariel S.

FluidReview

What do you like best?

really user friendly and easy to use, i was able to familiarize myself with the software pretty quickly. We were able to create forms that were easy to use and got quick responses.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to click through, lots of scrolling to find what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out, it is really user friendly and team works with you to see if it fits your specific needs.

We are able to collect more information because we are using this software rather than relying on 1 employee to remember it all.

FluidReview review by <span>Casey W.</span>
Casey W.

Great for off-site document review

What do you like best?

It's a simple, effective, easy-on-the-eyes software.

What do you dislike?

Not great for in-depth analysis/dissection.

It allows for one to disseminate and filter large files quickly and effectively. As a freelance reader/responder for the company that employs FluidReview, it cuts down on the amount of physical reading I have to do since I am able to download all the necessary files from wherever I might be, and make my comments on the go and offsite. It's great for freelancers like me.

FluidReview review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

FluidReview successfully tackles some big online form issues

What do you like best?

I can create complex forms with branching, and triggers - once everything is set up it runs itself! I like that I can manage large groups of users who need tailored pathways through forms (e.g. Are you A or B? - dictates what they have access to throughout the rest of the form/application). I also really like that I can invite people to be reviewers at any stage of the process - I can even set up multiple review rounds for the same group. It is an easy way to involve external partners in what is normally an internal process.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you can't collapse tasks within rounds - you can end having to do a LOT of scrolling. There is a big learning curve, which I enjoyed, but wouldn't be enjoyable for everyone. There were a couple of things that I found counter-intuitive, or just impossible to figure out without calling one of their specialists, but when I did, I usually had my issue resolved quickly.

We are able to have users from across the country fill out complex forms for scholarships, exchange applications, upload various file types, pull

The benefits are that it is easy for users to submit complex paperwork, accessible to our users across the country, and for us, we can pull data very easily from the form responses we receive. The allows us to pull reports, analyse data, track trends, and generally streamline the process of handling 100+ applications.

FluidReview review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

FluidReview = Okay

What do you like best?

That the basic functions significantly reduce time spent on data entry and that detailed reports can be generated on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

The overall interface is a little clunky and the tech assistance has not been great.

We are collecting far more data than in past years simply because we aren't relying on a single human to maintain it all. It's great for keeping track of applications from year to year.

Learning about FluidReview?

* We monitor all FluidReview reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.