Flurry Analytics

Integrate Flurry Analytics in five minutes to get basic insights into your users and app performance, or set up advanced analysis of complex events to get a deep understanding of everything your users are doing.

Work for Flurry Analytics?

Learning about Flurry?

Flurry Analytics Reviews

Showing 21 Flurry reviews
Flurry review by Jon A.
Jon A.

"Useful, Especially for COPPA Markets"

What do you like best?

That they have a Restricted Feature Set version that is COPPA-compliant for apps targeting kids under 13. This gives us crash reporting and usage tracking without collecting so much personal information.

Really like the real-time reporting.

What do you dislike?

Just feels like it's declining in quality now that Yahoo owns it. One time the SDK download was completely broken. Support took 2 days to respond to me but I was able to find a copy on someone's github account.

Don't like the long delay in hits appearing when you first add an app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's okay at the moment but I really don't expect it to last much longer under the Yahoo / Verizon umbrella. We're actively considering new options.

A big one for us is reporting crashes, in a COPPA-compliant way. It helped isolate one source of crashes on specific iOS devices.

Another big help was a weird use case. We ran a big promotion with a major partner where we needed to know how many new users we gained throughout the day. Flurry was somewhat helpful with this because we could see the realtime user count, but not the realtime new installs. So mixed results, but at least we could estimate the number of users we were gaining.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Flurry Analytics
Flurry review by Adi Purwanto S.
Adi Purwanto S.

"Decent Analytics, Seems to be not very accurate"

What do you like best?

It is free, the integration is simple, and it has all the required basic function.

There are two modes of retention which we likes, they have rolling retention and return rate, which is different. Other analytics only has return rate.

What do you dislike?

The data is quite different with other analytics we user, therefore we rarely use it as our main analytics. Probably use it to check the sanity of our data.

The acquisition module integration is also not as complete as other solutions available out there.

Since it was bought by yahoo, it become more uncomfortable to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is free, you can try it to triangulate your data

We want to take a look at how our user behave in the application, we realized that retention is one of key metrics we need to track in order to build great application. Flurry is the first analytics we use before we switched to other product

What Mobile App Analytics solution do you use?

Flurry review by Md Shahjahan J.
Md Shahjahan J.

"Flurry made it easier how my app users are reacting with my App UI "

What do you like best?

This is the only product I love by Yahoo. I am using this tool for last few month in some of my Android apps.

The best thing is their API documentation is great and I got few great Library from Github, It's easy to implement the events and track whatever I like for my users. The best thing is actually to get insight of my apps and check where their ending points and improve that sections to attract my regular users.

What do you dislike?

The web dashboard of flurry is bit confusing, There had lots of space where they could improve in the dashboard.

I wish I could get more grouped by data from the dashboard and If I could play with my app data into the dashboard that would be super. I hope they will improve the UX and UI with soon.

The main target of my apps are to keep my users as long possible and that means more revenue from my ads.

I use flurry basically for the followings:

- Get in details events

- Get the exist points

- Get what my users are loving most

- Get what make my app more useful.

- Implement the data in the next version

- Repeat the steps and win!

Flurry review by Cameron B.
Cameron B.

"Decent analytics platform, but there may be better alternatives"

What do you like best?

Clients love it. For some reason, when clients do their own research on the available analytics platforms, they always choose Flurry. I've had multiple clients love it. Working as a dev, I never dive into the data myself much, so maybe they're the best at offering that? I'm not sure, but my app dev clients love it.

What do you dislike?

The SDK was kinda a pain to integrate compared to competitors like Google Analytics, etc. Found it a bit more complex and not as easy to integrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've had more personal success integrating competitors like Google Analytics. But my clients do all seem to love Flurry, so when they demand it, we go with it.

App usage tracking. Offers a good amount of data on what sort of actions users are taking inside of the apps we make in order to improve the apps in the future.

Flurry review by User in Computer Software

"Was the first to provide full mobile analytics, and keep going very well!"

What do you like best?

I'm using some other crash report and analytics (in parallell, for different clients), and Flurry seems the best. Crashlytics is good for other things, like beta reporting, fast installation, and so on. But, in productive environments, I use, with no doubt, Flurry or Google Analytics. They seems more infalible to me, and they log a lot of info. The info on their crash reports are huge: For instance : In Android, you get the number of users that have the crash, the device, the carrier, a Java stack trace, the date and the time, and much more information. Similar in the iOS case.

What do you dislike?

Two years ago, they had a really ugly webpage, but nowadays, it isn't a problem, because I like the actual web, and even they are opening in form of beta / preview (as of Juny 2016) a newer design, and I like it too.

Resume: No dislikes at all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their webpage had changed, seems much more intuitive now

I'm tracking the users of some mobile apps (for both platforms, iOS and Android) for some time now (2+ years), and I'm tracking some general analytics, some custom dashboards I created, but, above all, the function I use the most is the crash reporting system (recollecting / classifying crash reports)

Flurry review by Timothy S.
Timothy S.

"Flurry for analytics"

What do you like best?

the user interface and performance of the site is amazing. I love being able to ad advertising from publishers easily.

There is a ton of helps and imagery to guide you through doing anything in the system.

What do you dislike?

nothing it's a really solid tool backed by yahoo. Nothing really to complain about. Perhaps in a few months of usage I'll see some crashes or issues but that has not come up yet. I guess you could always hope for a free, open source solution, but those are not always available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, it's easy to start and start with working on just one application and go from there.

anlayzing mobile web usage from various clients. This is pretty straight forward but being able to do so for Apple IOS and Android as well makes this a killer system. There are other's but this one is great.

Flurry review by Michael F.
Michael F.

"Good Bug Tracker by Yahoo."

What do you like best?

I like the real time matematical graphics, you can check it costantly and track the bugs in a few seconds, this is a nice thing for the program developers. The domain is owned by Yahoo so is obviously high quality, there is no lag with the domain.

Yahoo bought this and is going to take it in the right way.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the homepage, there are too many other links like yahoo mail etc. The site need to be more easy to use for all users. Flurry analytics need to improve that if he want to have more users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a programmer and you need to check the mathematical graphics this is the best site you can use.

You can check the mathematical graphics and see in real time the bugs and track it, nice thing that this site have.

Flurry review by User in Internet

"Great solution for your apps"

What do you like best?

Flurry is very good solution for all programmer who creates mobile apps. If you know programming you can integrate it with your code. Flurry Analytics has good support so if you don't know how to do it you can find it online. This is really valuable tool for your app and it is FREE. I can help improve your app and know users very well. And Flurry works for app on Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and also mobile website.

What do you dislike?

This is not dislike because maybe I'm just too stupid but for me integration Flurry in code is not so simple. Yeah simple things are quite easy but more complicated takes some time to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flurry is great for programmers. It really helps with improving applications or games and it help understand what users do and what they don't do.

I actually made only one app with Flurry. Me and my client (it is his app) were surprised what users do in app. User Path is very handy. This help us to understand more and improve application.

Flurry review by Chang C.
Chang C.

"Disappointed that they retired the data export API"

What do you like best?

free, easy to set up. I guess it's easy because our engineer used to work there.

What do you dislike?

They used to have a data export API that can export all the raw event logs, but they retired that. Now the raw event log exporting is among the top 3 feature requested.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and it can help you track the mobile in-app events.

But you can't export the raw event logs by API, only through the UI with 10000 events per time limit.

Mobile in-app event tracking. We did tracked the events.

Flurry review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to integrate but website could be improved"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to integrate this in existing mobile apps. Easy to use API and Documentation was nice and clear to understand. Simliar to Google Analytics in the way that it is setup and installed.

What do you dislike?

The website can be slow at times, and is not easy to use. searching your analytics can be frustrating at times due to UX and performance. Google analytics is simpler and clients tend to know how to us it's web interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use google analytics instead.

Logging analytics in mobile apps and presenting the developer with a means to view them. Tracking user interaction within the mobile to track trends and user flow issues.

Flurry review by Christiano J.
Christiano J.

"Not so good"

What do you like best?

At the time that is used in my applications,

- They have provided one sdk for Adobe AIR

- Ability to track errors

- Ability to record specific events

What do you dislike?

The site for the management of events was very poor and slow, I switched to Google Analytics so launched the Mobile SDK

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

We developed educational applications, and we used the Flurry to see errors and the behavior of users using our applications

Flurry review by User in Computer Software

"A different but still powerful approach to analytics"

What do you like best?

The Android and iOS SDK are very easy to integrate, and it's easy to add logging to an existing app.

What do you dislike?

I just don't really get a good user experience from the analytics portal. In Google Analytics, I can sort the data any way I want and see all my activity from any angle. In Flurry I just don't feel like I have that ability. Product managers and others I've worked with don't have this problem, so it's likely this is just a personal preference on my end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flurry's great as long as the people who need to read the results can do so easily. For my purposes, I like Google Analytics.

Every serious app has to have analytics to tell stakeholders exactly how users are using it. Otherwise when you add features or optimize the UI, you're kinda working in the dark.

Flurry review by Gianluca T.
Gianluca T.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I use the new version of Flurry, presented at MWC 2016 in San Francosco and is simple but complete!

It's a very good product, east to setup and use!

You can also track crash and it's very simple to understand

Nice work.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the graphic isn't attractive but steel an amazing tool

User interaction & crash with our app

Flurry review by Adriano M.
Adriano M.

"Powerful to aggregate custom actions"

What do you like best?

Custom actions in any point of your application and send data to server

What do you dislike?

exporting data to improve, not powerful for crash reporting as Crashlytics

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it is a little bit better than Fabric beacause you can use custom actions inside your apps

used in various applications

Flurry review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Super useful"

What do you like best?

Almost real time data analysis. It helps me see where my users come from and how long do they stay in the apps for.

What do you dislike?

The customization options are not very clear

Tracking users metrics I have been able to customize the app for the users according to their location.

Flurry review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"would recommend Flurry"

What do you like best?

Documentation is very well written and provides several examples of the use of the different method calls in code

What do you dislike?

From the app owner perspective, limits on certain demographics can seem like a hindrance to data collection

Great for analytics

Flurry review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Flurry fence"

What do you like best?

Retroactive Data pulling on mobile retention/conversion data. I like the simplicity of the system and the ease of navigation.

What do you dislike?

The lack of tutorials. There's a lot to do here but very confusing factors like unknown bug fixes and crashes make this program unstable and the user support need a lot of investment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many great features within flurry and it has the potential for being great but at the moment the service support and lack of fixes and continuous bugs needs addressed first.

Flurry is great for pulling mobile conversion reports and retroactive retention data. The retroactive benefits are the unique selling point here.

Flurry review by Vimal Kumar V.
Vimal Kumar V.

"Great tool for mobile monitoring and provide business analytics data."

What do you like best?

Mobile monitoring capabilities

Ease of integration

Various tracking event capabilities

What do you dislike?

Need to improve on overall dashboard results view.

Faster Page tracking

Improve support for device crash events

Improves business analytics using various events track capabilities.

Flurry review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Flurry Analytics is the ninja in the world of Analytics."

What do you like best?

I have been using flurry for analytics since 2014 and from that time onwards I used Flurry Analytics for all my apps that I have developed in iOS. Also I recommended to my team members to use them. Clients were also happy by seeing analytics on their dashboard for the event that are necessary to track.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to say anything as flurry is the basic thing for my iOS app.

To identify, new features introduced in the app are used by the end user or not? Also what options are they used most and least.

Flurry review by Yu Chen H.
Yu Chen H.

"Free but needs work"

What do you like best?

Pretty good at tracking data. The funnel feature is great to track user flow from within the app.

What do you dislike?

The funnels take a few days to acquire data (it's not live), and are not editable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Good for the price. Used it to track user engagement in a 5Mil+ user Android app.

Flurry review by User in Internet

"Awesome Product!"

What do you like best?

Really valuable analytics and insights about our mobile user base

What do you dislike?

Navigation can be a bit difficult and requires a lot of clicking around to find different metrics

User learning and tracking errors and crashes in production -Flurry allows us to do both of these effortlessly

Learning about Flurry Analytics?

* We monitor all Flurry Analytics reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.