foap

3.3

Foap is a community of photographers that offers crowdsourced brand photography for all company sizes.

Work for foap?

Learning about foap?

foap Reviews

Ask foap a Question
Showing 20 foap reviews
foap review by lee l.
lee l.

"A smart app for those who wish to turn their photos into cash"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Foap is how easy it is to learn the ins and outs of the app and how the program itself works. I also love the fact that Foap allows all kinds of users, from amateur to professional photographers, to be able to make money. Foap connects you with international brands and is a great marketplace to bring your photos to potential buyers in a very simple way.

What do you dislike?

I have experienced many crashes within the app but the developers seem to be working on technical issues constantly. Perhaps the biggest downside to many other users might be the staggering number of images that are uploaded each day, but the world of stock photo markets is huge, so competition should be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Foap to photographers of all levels. Whether you wish to make easy cash from photos that you already have on your smartphones, or it is a more serious venture you seek to pursue, Foap allows you to do all that. Just remember that competition is fierce and a lot of work will be required.

Foap is a great way to get your photos out there for potential buyers to see. One of the main benefits for me personally is the ability to create a professional looking portfolio of my photographs, which I can then use to present to potential clients. It gives you credibility, when people see that you’ve already sold photos before, rather than just presenting your social media accounts.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about foap
foap review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Review of Foap Iphoneography App"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use for everyone. You don’t need much, just a phone to register and to upload your photos and videos on the app. It is possible to start earning money immediately if your photos appeal to the Foap market. Pricing starts at $10 per photo and users keep half of the profit, which is more than most other stock photography platforms. The app can also keep both novice and experienced photographers interested and motivated to shoot and upload their photographs.

What do you dislike?

Many people have complained about Foaps poor marketing campaign despite its ease of use. Foap has always come across as being an easy way for photographers of all different calibers to make quick money. However, it often feels impossible to sell any images, let alone more than a few images, even after many months of work on the users part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try and look at Foap as a way of motivating yourself to post your best quality images, not as a fast money making scheme. Money making comes after much hard work, and is not steady. Consider Foap an Instagram alternative.

For smaller photography businesses, single person companies, and the causal photographer, Foap is a great app when takes it of context of its primary intended use. Instead of excelling as an easy selling platform, Foap works best in the context of keeping people motivated to continue shooting and putting their work out there for wider audiences. The ability to comment and interact with other users images gives the app and Instagram-like feel, but entices with a greater chance of having someone purchase your work.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

foap review by Carly L.
Carly L.

"Haven't Gotten Paid Yet"

What do you like best?

I really think Foap is a cool concept. We live in Vegas where there is SO much to take photos of and the fact that Foap gives me a chance to actually sell those photos is really amazing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I have spent a lot of time and energy on uploading, captioning and tagging my photos and I still have never made any money with the app. Of course it is all relative, but as a photographer I expect that at least my photos would get chosen at least one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend downloading and playing around with the features of the app but don't expect to sell too much not there right away .

I just think it is cool to take photos around the city and have the opportunity to sell them. I take photos anyway during the day so this is just a fun benefit to that.

foap review by Lisa T.
Lisa T.

"Never Made a Sale Yet "

What do you like best?

I do absolutely love the concept of Foap however, I think it is really hard to actually make a sale on there. I ahem posted a ton of photos that I think are professional quality and while I have been on there a pretty long time I still haven't made any money. However, I still love the concept of the app and I have enjoyed using it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I haven't gotten to experience the actual purpose of the app yet which is to make money from your photos. However, I still have enjoyed connecting with others on there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know you might not make money using it but it still is a great app with a wonderful community. I would download it with that in mind and just enjoy it for what it is.

The fact that anyone can rate your photos and give feedback wether it's good or bad is really helpful. It let's me know what others like and don't and gives me an alternative perspective.

foap review by Carly D.
Carly D.

"Like the Concept "

What do you like best?

I like that you can get paid for your photos without being a professional photographer. Really half of the photos I upload are from my Iphone and they get adequate recognition.

What do you dislike?

I don't know how much monitoring is done on the photos that are uploaded. I haven't seen anything bad but it isn't the greatest experience to go tot the explore tab and see baby pictures next to half naked woman in thongs. I think they all should be categorized under the explore tab for the user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know it may take a while for you to build your profile to be recognized by brands. The more active you are the better chance you have.

I just enjoy the experience of connecting with others on this platform and looking at the photos from other people. I also like the fact that my photos are being recognized by larger brands which is something I don't think would happen if it were not for this platform.

foap review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"Great Concept but Did Not Love Commission Deal "

What do you like best?

As a photographer Foap was literally the best app in the world. Not only did I get paid from my clients but for those who aloud me the rights to their photos I was able to upload to the app and sell them. I LOVED this and getting around $10 multiple times is great. After upload, it's nearly effortless to make money.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the 50/50 commission split between myself and Foap. I decided to no longer use the app because I felt as thought that wasn't a fair arrangement. I would love to see the agreement be around 80/20 or even 75/25 ... That would have made a big difference in my decision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a wonderful app. Just consider the fact that they are making 50% on your work. It is still worth it to use so I would recommend it to anyone.

Foap is a wonderful platform to share your work and get paid (multiple times) for it.

foap review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Open for phone photos and a chance to get cashed by its missions"

What do you like best?

I like how Foap opens for photo submission by provided missions with explicit judging criteria. It is clear to me what kind of photo buyers need. Also, it is encouraging to see users who have successfully sold their photos. I also like how everyone can rate pictures and feel proud when others give a good score for my photos.

What do you dislike?

Foap mobile application crashes from time to time. It would be great if Foap is available for submission via its website apart from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Foap has given an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to sell their photos from their phones. I like the way it share photo needs with judging criteria via its missions.

Foap helps me be clear with the photos buyers want and their acceptance criteria. Therefore, I feel that it increases a chance for me to sell my photos successfully.

foap review by April L.
April L.

"This App is Fun "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy seeing other people's photography. I like creating albums and of course I like the concept of getting paid for your photos. It feel really good when someone adds one of my photos to their personal albums. That let's me know how which photos are better than others.

What do you dislike?

I am noticing that from visiting other profiles and my own that photos are not sold as much as you would think with that being the purpose of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe the app will grow and improve but my recommendation would be to download it and make photog friends and if you get paid for any photos that would be a bonus.

Being able to have a photog community and feedback on my photos is actually better on Foap than the selling of my photos. I really enjoy that and it has been very beneficial.

foap review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Fun But Not My Favorite "

What do you like best?

I enjoyed Foap for what it was. An app you have the ability to sell your own photos on. This was a really good opportunity for me to showcase my photography and meet others who are in the industry or are freelancers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I haven't ever made an actual sale. I have been on the app for 5 months and haven't made any money on it. I have enjoyed the community though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just know going into the app that you might not ever actually make money with the app but you will have the opportunity to meet great people.

The biggest benefit of Foap is the community who will be able to rate your photos. This has helped me to tweak my photos and know which ones are really good or maybe which ones are not so great.

foap review by User in Computer Software

"An empty Marketplace which doesn't give value for money"

What do you like best?

It has got a decent User Interface.

Installation is straightforward.

Uploading photos are hassle free.

I think is a easy platform to express my photography skill to world.

What do you dislike?

Foap is not good as it claims. I have clicked many photos and uploaded there thay says your photo is maxmum chance to be sold. But Its been three to four months there is no sell at all.

I have got the same feedback from my friends.

There is no visible evidence as to if our photos are being viewed.Whether there is any possibility to sell or any other info in that regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Opt for some other app.

This is just a waste of time.

I have not used it for company purpose .Just as a casual time pass I have used it.

In my phone i downloaded this app.

foap review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Foap is perfect for my personal business"

What do you like best?

I really like how I can actually make money just by selling my professional photos on the website. I'm a new user, but I'm learning so much about it and can't wait to see where it takes me.

What do you dislike?

At first I didn't like how you have to pay to get your photos licensed, but I definitely understand why. That's business!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am an independent consultant and having a way to easily make money on the side is priceless.

I can easily make money with very little work on my behalf. I just do what I love! Take photos.

foap review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Great Feedback"

What do you like best?

Foap has a large community of users who are actually photographers or at the least, in the industry. They give immediate feedback on your photos so you'll know right away if they are good or sub-par.

What do you dislike?

I don't currently dislike anything about Foap. It's been a really exciting app to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may take a while for you to get comfortable using the app. If you take a few days to learn it you will eventually build a community and enjoy it.

You can create a large following for your photos and learn what kind of photos actually sell by which ones are added to the albums of other people and which ones are rated. The best indicator of course are which ones are bought.

foap review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Not Enough to Keep Me Excited "

What do you like best?

The app concept is AMAZING! I am a freelance photographer so I thought this would be the greatest way to sell my otherwise non-sellable photos. But it isn’t my favorite.

What do you dislike?

I’ve been a Foap user for a while now and apart from photo ratings with which seems like spam accounts maybe(?) I haven’t gotten too much use out of the app which is Soooo disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a really great concept, but for the amount of time it takes to upload and caption each photo I’m not sure it’s worth it.

I joined for the fact that I could make a little extra money on the side but sadly I haven’t yet. This would have been a HUGe and FUN business benefit if it had.

foap review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Foap Review "

What do you like best?

Very user friendly , gives very clear instructions on each of the Missions.

What do you dislike?

There seem to be a tun of competition. It seems like pictures can get lost in the amount that get sent in if they aren't a specialized mission.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan to shoot for specific topics and be ready to flood the missions with pictures in order to win.

I have not really solved any issues as I have not been using it very long but hope to make some money using the app in a short while here.

foap review by User

"Foap is great for protecting my work"

What do you like best?

I really like how the app is simple and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the cost of it, but it's worth it for sure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are are a professional photographer or in the photography business at all, you need Foap.

I am able to protect my work and license my photos. Also I can purchase the artwork of others as a user of Foap.

foap review by User

"Share your photos on Foap for extra money"

What do you like best?

A lot of photos there are really amazing! I am enjoying them so much. But there are also not very professional photos, so it means everybody can try to sell photos there.

So Foap is a good and pleasant chance to make some extra money.

What do you dislike?

Participants must complete an identification process. For this, you need to send photos of your passport or other official document

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect to earn money there immediately. it can take some time.

One can improve his photography level there and receive feedbacks.

"Great app"

What do you like best?

Easy and free to use while making money

What do you dislike?

Not very popular so it’s hard to sell photos often

Making money off images And also learning on how to better create and edit stock photos

foap review by User

"Good app to get your photos and products marketed"

What do you like best?

The ease of putting anything up, it was well made.

What do you dislike?

I just couldn't get into it unfortunately. It was hard to compete with other people and their beautiful photos. I guess it just was not my thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time with your photos, and some patience.

I solved some issues with getting my products and pictures out there. It helped a ton to get my stock photos out there.

foap review by User in Information Services
User in Information Services

"Photo Sharing App that gets you some money!"

What do you like best?

It's a cool way to sell your photos, but it seems like it's not really for amateurs

What do you dislike?

You have to be a really good photographer to make anything!

Not using for business, but could potentially use in the future to purchase photos for marketing campaigns

foap review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Photo sharing app"

What do you like best?

Share your quality photos! Foap is great for using your creativity.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it’s hard to build up a reputation in the foap community.

I’m more likely to share my photos and get my amateur photography work out there. Great for networking

Learning about foap?

* We monitor all foap reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.