FogBugz

Built for teams who are serious about shipping great software, FogBugz tracks bugs and issues through every stage of the development process.

Work for FogBugz?
Taskray bugtrack  2x

Learning about FogBugz?

FogBugz Reviews

Showing 46 FogBugz reviews
FogBugz review by <span>Claudia C.</span>
Claudia C.

Could work on UX design

What do you like best?

You can make subcases directly while creating a case., and assign cases to specific people. We use this as a standard for case management, as prior we had multiple departments using different case management systems (e.g., Asana, Trello).

What do you dislike?

The interface is hard to navigate, and many times I've typed in key search terms and have not been able to locate a specific case. The notifications are also not easy to track, and many people in my organization do not check FogBugz or know how to interact with it. There are so many fields when you open a new case that it can be overwhelming to look through, and I do not always receive notifications when a case is updated. Because of the wonky notification system, many employees also do not update the cases or respond with more details, since they haven't been alerted and can't be bothered to keep checking back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally don't think it is very interactive. I have coworkers who like this platform because they can manage their tasks and mark them as complete (essentially using it as a list of completed "Action Items" that

We use it as a case management system for our whole organization. We can mark items as done, and assign cases to specific people, which has been helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FogBugz
FogBugz review by <span>Tanisha F.</span>
Tanisha F.

The easiest bugs track system.

What do you like best?

I can have everything that I need to create wonderful software, including project control, issue tracking, and backing, fused with enough process to help me deliver. Plus, I like that it integrates with another good of kind tools.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any strong bad issues with this platform which can bring the bad work to my working team. Also, the system works fast and right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform has useful and powerful working tools. They will always assist you with your working projects. You will have the chance to work faster and effective on your interface. Great and easy errors track system which is works well.

That platform shows us the issue and project information we need, updates from our combined tools. As well as providing adept advice. The better way of how to avoid and solved that virus. Much useful work on the subject and making an extraordinary interface.

What Bug Tracking solution do you use?

FogBugz review by <span>Logan S.</span>
Logan S.

The best tools and the right information for everyone.

What do you like best?

The best opportunity to provides all that I need to create most beautiful software, including project operation, problem tracking, and assistance, with just this method I can do more than ever. I really do like it.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything bad with this software. But I think I have one issue it is the price. I guess it is a little bit high. With all of the rest of this platform works right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software has everything that you really will need at your working process. You will have the best working space to create a most beautiful interface. You will enjoy bug tracking service which will really helps you in your working routines.

Our work much better with this system as we have more open and clear way of tracking our mistake. It is great to know how to avoid and solved that bug. Wonderful to work on the subject and creating an amazing interface.

FogBugz review by <span>Alfred A.</span>
Alfred A.

Wonderful tracking system and good tools.

What do you like best?

I'm very glad that I have a big chance to work with powerful tools. Now I have the best software ever. This ability to create my project makes my working days are easy. Very good to control all issue and of course to solve them easily.

What do you dislike?

As for me will be much better to pay less. But from another side, I have the very good working software. Totally agree with people who are like to use it. Also, good support service and they answer fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful tools. Good work on any issues. Here you can work more open and spend a lot of hours on creating your software. To be sure that it will be the best one. You will use and will see how is wonderful tracking system works.

It is wonderful that we can see where are our mistakes. Very easy to find and to work with all right subject and info. It is good to have and to use this tools as they help a lot to make our software looks amazing.

FogBugz review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.

Bug and feature management system

What do you like best?

Easy to management bugs and features within one piece of software. Its very easy to add your own custom fields to fogbugz, this makes life easier when logging issues. Ability to search by fields is useful for finding issues and the ability to log different issue types

What do you dislike?

we tried to use fogbugz for project management but we found it difficult to use the time management tools within fogbugz. you can add time estimations to case but we found it hard to see overall progress of a project

The search functionality can be tricky once you have a lot of issues in the system

It allows us one location to manage feature and bug requests for our software and assign these requests to future versions of our software, we then manage them from logging through to implementation

FogBugz review by <span>Carlos G.</span>
Carlos G.

Fogbugz is a good issue tracking tool

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the Fogbugz snippets. Snippets can be activated with ` and are ideal for templates. I also like their APIs. I've written Python scripts that use the Fogbugz API and I like the options and the easiness to interact with Fogbugz. I like that if you write the word 'case' in front of the case number, Fogbugz links the two cases automatically.

What do you dislike?

There are no many things I dislike from Fogbugz but I think that the query language could be more simple. The syntax is a little bit different when using the Fogbugz interface compared to when using the API. Also, I don't like that Fogbugz doesn't have different fields for severity and priority, but a priority one that seems to include both of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not all the features in Fogbugz are intuitive, so I recommend to read the user guide or to get trained in the different features that Fogbugz has to offer. You can customize the tool to have the fields you need.

We've used Fogbugz as an issue tracking system. It integrates well with source code repositories and version control tools (e.g. Mercurial Kiln is the one we've used). Fogbugz is a good tool to document and organize issues and link them to code changes and software versions that include them. We've also automated getting lists of cases and verifying that the code changes to include the fixes were implemented.

Learning about FogBugz?

* We monitor all FogBugz reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.