Followerwonk is a Twitter Analytics tool that finds, analyzes, and optimizes for Social Growth

Work for Followerwonk?

Learning about Followerwonk?

Ask Followerwonk a Question
Showing 28 Followerwonk reviews
Followerwonk review by <span>Casie G.</span>
Casie G.

"One of my favorite influencer identification toos"

What do you like best?

I have been using Followerwonk for a number of years for influencer identification, content promotion planning, and content idea generation.

I really love the ability to search user bios for specific keywords, compare users, find like users, and see what each person shares.

Additionally, it's great for generating content ideas. By understanding what your audience is already sharing and what topics they tend to discuss, you can more appropriate plan your own content strategy.

What do you dislike?

I'm sad this is no longer going to be supported by Moz. Hopefully someone buys it.

A big challenge in content marketing is creating content that drives results. The more data you have around your audience and the more information you can gather, the more likely you are to create content that truly resonates with your audience.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Followerwonk
Followerwonk review by <span>Katie H.</span>
Katie H.

"Followerwonk Connects You to the Right People"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk is a product I use in conjunction with Moz. It helps to generate potential leads and accounts my company would be interested in following on Twitter. I like it because it puts all the information in front of me and saves me a ton of time!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike, but if I had to choose one thing, I'd say that the layout/design isn't as intuitive as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the social media management business, Followerwonk is a product you should add to your toolbox.

I manage several social media accounts for various clients. I'm not familiar with all of the industries, so it's been great to have Followerwonk pick and choose the right people that would fit that industry.

What Social Media Analytics solution do you use?

Followerwonk review by <span>Paige G.</span>
Paige G.

"Followerwonk didn't fit my needs"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk can help you find targeted Twitter profiles, though if sheer bulk of followers or followings are what you're looking for, then Followerwonk is not your best option.

What do you dislike?

To me, Followerwonk is a more complicated and less effective Unfollowers.me. First of all, the free features are extremely limited, so it's tough to get a grasp on the software until you start a paid account. You cannot follow anyone in the app, you get a limited amount of searches, and the search capabilities are not advanced.

When using the "search bios" option, you are fed a list of profiles that have the exact keywords in their bios. No other search options exist. Even the paid account, which I tried, did not give me great results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of tools out there. I think there are better tools than Followerwonk to find specific users. Even the Twitter Advanced Search feature is more effective than Followerwonk.

As the marketing manager for a digital agency, I use social media to track new followers and clients. I was hoping FollowerWonk could help me fill the void of a targeted audience, but most of the users I found through this app were essentially robot accounts without high involvement.

Followerwonk review by <span>Natalie C. W.</span>
Natalie C. W.

"Great Info on Who to Follow on Twitter"

What do you like best?

You can search Twitter users by a variety of factors, and you can check out your competitors' followers and sort them by all sorts of characteristics. It has been an invaluable tool in growing my clients' Twitter presences.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I didn't have to download reports to see which users haven't been active in a certain amount of time. I'd like to be able to follow people directly from the list of live Twitter links according to whether or not they actually post on Twitter. Several times I've followed a lot of people, only to realize many of them don't tweet any more.

Quickly growing new and struggling Twitter accounts.

Followerwonk review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Best Twitter analytics tool"

What do you like best?

1. Ability to sort followers based on connection type, social authority, # of followers etc.

2. Ability to see recent unfollows so that you can do something to win them back.

3. Advanced search engine for twitter.

What do you dislike?

Nothing besides it's no longer part of moz subscription. I was not too happy about that.

It helps me find right people to follow really fast. Before Followerwonk, I had to click into each and every follower to see if they were worth following back. F ollowerwonk also helps me isolate influential followers among thousands of total followers I have on our twitter account.

Followerwonk review by <span>Laura C.</span>
Laura C.

"The most scalable tool for re-targeting"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk is extremely user-friendly and a must-have for any marketer; paid or organic. The ability to quickly acquire new targets is streamlined by the great bio presentation setup and robust filter options. Its similar-to comparison abilities make my manual, qualified strategy much more scalable.

Also, Followerwonk visualizations are easy to duplicate and present to higher-level management that may not want the granularity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the best analytics take the most time - I've found myself waiting a full work day for reports. But it's easy to export the raw data and do it myself, so I'm not really complaining.

I also couldn't imagine starting as a large company and making this work - if the product could be retroactive I could see it helping established companies more.

Other than that, it was great for gaining early traction in tech.

Acquiring a qualified market, targeting and re-targeting based off of bio info, quarterly market updates, follower info for paid ads, etc.

Learning about Followerwonk?

* We monitor all Followerwonk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.