Followerwonk is a Twitter Analytics tool that finds, analyzes, and optimizes for Social Growth

Work for Followerwonk?

Learning about Followerwonk?

Ask Followerwonk a Question
Showing 28 Followerwonk reviews
Followerwonk review by Casie G.
Casie G.

"One of my favorite influencer identification toos"

What do you like best?

I have been using Followerwonk for a number of years for influencer identification, content promotion planning, and content idea generation.

I really love the ability to search user bios for specific keywords, compare users, find like users, and see what each person shares.

Additionally, it's great for generating content ideas. By understanding what your audience is already sharing and what topics they tend to discuss, you can more appropriate plan your own content strategy.

What do you dislike?

I'm sad this is no longer going to be supported by Moz. Hopefully someone buys it.

A big challenge in content marketing is creating content that drives results. The more data you have around your audience and the more information you can gather, the more likely you are to create content that truly resonates with your audience.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Followerwonk
Followerwonk review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Followerwonk Connects You to the Right People"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk is a product I use in conjunction with Moz. It helps to generate potential leads and accounts my company would be interested in following on Twitter. I like it because it puts all the information in front of me and saves me a ton of time!

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike, but if I had to choose one thing, I'd say that the layout/design isn't as intuitive as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in the social media management business, Followerwonk is a product you should add to your toolbox.

I manage several social media accounts for various clients. I'm not familiar with all of the industries, so it's been great to have Followerwonk pick and choose the right people that would fit that industry.

What Social Media Analytics solution do you use?

Followerwonk review by Paige G.
Paige G.

"Followerwonk didn't fit my needs"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk can help you find targeted Twitter profiles, though if sheer bulk of followers or followings are what you're looking for, then Followerwonk is not your best option.

What do you dislike?

To me, Followerwonk is a more complicated and less effective Unfollowers.me. First of all, the free features are extremely limited, so it's tough to get a grasp on the software until you start a paid account. You cannot follow anyone in the app, you get a limited amount of searches, and the search capabilities are not advanced.

When using the "search bios" option, you are fed a list of profiles that have the exact keywords in their bios. No other search options exist. Even the paid account, which I tried, did not give me great results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of tools out there. I think there are better tools than Followerwonk to find specific users. Even the Twitter Advanced Search feature is more effective than Followerwonk.

As the marketing manager for a digital agency, I use social media to track new followers and clients. I was hoping FollowerWonk could help me fill the void of a targeted audience, but most of the users I found through this app were essentially robot accounts without high involvement.

Followerwonk review by Natalie C. W.
Natalie C. W.

"Great Info on Who to Follow on Twitter"

What do you like best?

You can search Twitter users by a variety of factors, and you can check out your competitors' followers and sort them by all sorts of characteristics. It has been an invaluable tool in growing my clients' Twitter presences.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I didn't have to download reports to see which users haven't been active in a certain amount of time. I'd like to be able to follow people directly from the list of live Twitter links according to whether or not they actually post on Twitter. Several times I've followed a lot of people, only to realize many of them don't tweet any more.

Quickly growing new and struggling Twitter accounts.

Followerwonk review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"Best Twitter analytics tool"

What do you like best?

1. Ability to sort followers based on connection type, social authority, # of followers etc.

2. Ability to see recent unfollows so that you can do something to win them back.

3. Advanced search engine for twitter.

What do you dislike?

Nothing besides it's no longer part of moz subscription. I was not too happy about that.

It helps me find right people to follow really fast. Before Followerwonk, I had to click into each and every follower to see if they were worth following back. F ollowerwonk also helps me isolate influential followers among thousands of total followers I have on our twitter account.

Followerwonk review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"The most scalable tool for re-targeting"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk is extremely user-friendly and a must-have for any marketer; paid or organic. The ability to quickly acquire new targets is streamlined by the great bio presentation setup and robust filter options. Its similar-to comparison abilities make my manual, qualified strategy much more scalable.

Also, Followerwonk visualizations are easy to duplicate and present to higher-level management that may not want the granularity.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the best analytics take the most time - I've found myself waiting a full work day for reports. But it's easy to export the raw data and do it myself, so I'm not really complaining.

I also couldn't imagine starting as a large company and making this work - if the product could be retroactive I could see it helping established companies more.

Other than that, it was great for gaining early traction in tech.

Acquiring a qualified market, targeting and re-targeting based off of bio info, quarterly market updates, follower info for paid ads, etc.

Followerwonk review by Paul B.
Paul B.

"Excellent Way to Find Influencers on Twitter"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - Columns are easy to sort, and provide the metrics I desire to make a business case to show C-Suites why certain people are worth talking to on Twitter.

What do you dislike?

This is a very minor thing. The exporting of data is sometimes a bit wonky, but as long as you can use Excel at a basic level, sorting the data you want is a breeze/

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have for anyone who is looking to reach influencers on Twitter.

We are always looking for social influencers on certain topics online. Since the needs of the business are constantly changing, having a tool like this makes it easy to find the answers we are looking for.

The benefits are that we have created solid relationships with individuals that we most likely wouldn't have found before.

Followerwonk review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"FollowerWonk as an engagement lead tool "

What do you like best?

This is a fantastic tool to leverage when training and implementing engagement tactics specifically on Twitter. For example, you can use specific keywords to identify prospective customers and / or influencers to engage with based on your target audience. The information that is displayed organically allows you to clearly understand rankings and influencer based on profile information aggregated from Twitter.

What do you dislike?

At present i don't have any dislikes about the tool. It's very simple to use and really helps when training and with day to day interaction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to know all the features (based on the tabs) and don't be shy to leverage this tool day to day to maximize interaction.

When teaching the importance of interaction is social, particularly or Twitter, this tool helps pinpoint who to potentially engage with based on specific criteria to ensure the user is relevant. This is immensely helpful for strategists when planning influencer campaigns and for community managers on a day to day basis.

Followerwonk review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great insights into your followers but Twitter only"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk helps me give context to social reporting

What do you dislike?

Only helpful for Twitter, would love same functionality for Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare Users feature is probably most useful. Gives clients a good, simple view as to how their presence relates to peers and competitors. Can be used for benchmarking. Easily spotting and sorting influencers based on follower size and social score is extremely helpful as well.

Audience engagement, targeting, and reporting.

Followerwonk review by Samantha W.
Samantha W.

"Really great tool for thorough social analytics"

What do you like best?

As someone who isn't a full-time social analyst, Followerwonk is a great tool for me to measure and analyze specific aspects of social without having to manually draft a bunch of different reports. As social and SEO become more and more entwined, I am able to improve on my reporting to drive new insight and hone in on strategic technique.

The tools and features are both easy to use and understand, and offer great resources for anyone from a social media manager, to an SEO analyst, or anyone interested in learning more about their follower base.

What do you dislike?

If you're interested in this tool from a non-business standpoint, you can forget about it. The price is way too high for individual users, and potentially even small businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of this tool for more than just social - it has many fantastic features for content writers, SEOs, sales and more!

I love using Followerwonk to find and reach out to industry influencers, and I even use it for keyword research and editorial growth. If you're blogging, this is a great tool to utilize!

Followerwonk review by KC P.
KC P.

"Followerwonk is Step 1 to informing your social media strategy"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk is easy to use, provides an intuitive interface, and presents data in such a way as to inform the user's decisions about when and where to target their audience on social media. The ability to compare Twitter accounts and see the demographics of followers is especially helpful. I also like that I can dig deeper into the statistics of Twitter accounts that I don't own in order to compare to industry leaders on social media. Understanding the online behaviors of those I follow and who follow me informs next steps.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it was easier to export the analysis to a shareable report that I could send to supervisor and coworkers. It'd be great to have suggested actions based on the analysis provided by Followerwonk. The data only tells part of the story, but what exactly am I supposed to do with it?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for a month and measure the changes you make. The impact is worth the investment.

Trying to identify the patterns and behaviors of followers on Twitter so that I can tailor the social media presence of clients to maximize the engagement with their audience.

Followerwonk review by Marena L.
Marena L.

"Useful tool for finding Twitter users."

What do you like best?

I like that you can sift through user bios and accounts, that is useful for finding influential users in niche spaces. I also use sometimes to append followers from accounts. The Moz plugin provides additional metrics that can be useful for digesting a full user's Twitter history.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were options to find related users. For example when I'm looking for personal finance experts, I would like to be able to see who one expert follows and most frequently engages with on Twitter. That is beneficial for finding related influencers that are already comfortable with each other. For online-only campaigns, users are more apt to participate when other participants are not total strangers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure before signing up for the premium account that you can truly benefit from all of the offerings.

I find that it is helpful when looking for online influencers in very specific spaces.

Followerwonk review by Alexis R.
Alexis R.

"Insightful analytics when doing competitor research"

What do you like best?

Using Followerwonk, I like the different comparisons that can be done looking at my followers and my competitors. It allows me to reach out to possible influencers, I haven't thought of. I also really like that each pie chart can be drilled down into further to see the users. The integration with Moz data is helpful to provide a cohesive look at analytics, as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more focus on the influencers each of these handles has. This could be a broken out influencer chart, or something that tells me X is the most popular follower of this handle. I also would like to see examples of the best performing posts users are interacting with, to let me know what's performing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a couple of test trials to see if the information you need is there and supports whatever story you're trying to tell.

I use Followerwonk to learn about my competitors and do research on what audience my client should be reaching out to. Additionally, I like to understand what age group we're hitting and not hitting.

Followerwonk review by Leonardo S.
Leonardo S.

"Followerwonk is perfect for influencer engagement efforts"

What do you like best?

The ability to run advanced searches enabled our team to find influencers in very obscure niches within a very large industry. Filtering by # of followers and social score really helped. It's also important to highlight that followerwonk comes with the basic Moz subscription at $99/mo, which makes it one of the cheaper tools out there.

What do you dislike?

Followerwonk shouldnt really be considered a social analytics tool - their insights into follower distribution/composition are generic at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for relevant users to follow/engage, Followerwonk's ease of use and pricing structure are unbeatable.

We need a way to find influencers within a very specific niche, FollowerWonk helped tremendously.

Followerwonk review by Evan D.
Evan D.

"Great for quick Twitter analytics, with some nice visuals - don't expect depth"

What do you like best?

It has a specific purpose, in my opinion. It generates some great Twitter analytics quickly (within 5-10 minutes for some of the reports) and saves them, if you log in.

If you analyze a Twitter user's followers, for example, you can show where their followers are located (up to 5000 of them). You can also see what the most common one-word and two-word strings are, to see if the followers are as targeted as they should be.

I often pull these reports up in the middle of meetings, to demonstrate to prospective clients how poorly their Twitter accounts are performing.

Unless you have a Moz accounts ($100/mo) you cannot do much with the date they provide other than look at it. Followerwonk does allow you to sort/follow/unfollow users, but only with that subscription.

One of the best features (and it's available in the free version) is the syncing with Buffer option once it analyzes which time zones your followers are in. Tweriod does this as well, but it costs $5 to get all the data on your followers' time zones (although Tweriod provides more data). So if you're running low-cost Twitter accounts, this is helpful.

What do you dislike?

1. The 5000 follower limit in an analysis is frustrating. It means you need a higher powered tool like SimplyMeasured, UberVU, or Brandwatch, to dig deep into your followers' topics and locations, or you'll only be looking at a small segment if you want to analyze a big Twitter account.

2. Since you need to subscribe to Moz to get the full value of Followerwonk, the tool doesn't really make sense. It's clear that SEOMoz just launched Followerwonk and let it be, because it doesn't fit within their SEO tool offering... Why do they only analyze Twitter, anyway?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have this in your toolbox only for in-meeting or short-notice needs. Get something heavy-duty for real analysis and reporting. Followerwonk is NOT it.

Everyone has a need for social analytics on the go, and Followerwonk is a great solution. And when you're optimizing your Buffer scheduling for Twitter (which you should always be doing, since so few other tools provide scheduling queues like Buffer's), it's a cheap and easy solution.

Followerwonk review by Jordan K.
Jordan K.

"Great tool for influencer outreach!"

What do you like best?

The Analyze feature is great for mining Twitter users following an influencer. In other words, who influences the influencer? This is a great tool for mining data for influencer outreach to find out who would be best to share or link to your content or campaign pitch

What do you dislike?

This tool is limited to Twitter. Not everyone is on Twitter and not everyone is active on Twitter. I'd love to see this tool utilize other social networks too like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.

There are lots of tools that help you identify candidates for influencer marketing campaigns, but a lot of them cost money. Followerwonk gives free data and is even more golden when you already have a Moz account anyway (as you should).

Followerwonk review by Chris L.
Chris L.

"This tool is amazing to say the least"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk really compares your twitter profiles to your competitors like no other tool I have seen before.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could choose what information to show and what charts to make a little more easily. Some of the fields are not applicable when I show clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try this out. If you have a Moz account, it's free as well!

Demographic understanding of social platforms (for both self and competitors)

Followerwonk review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"Decent System, great company, great idea"

What do you like best?

the product is easy to use. it takes the idea of finding valuable people and connecting with them.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the stats do not line up one for one with other stats from on user to another.

Recommendations to others considering the product

when working in b2b this might not be the best tool, but if you are in the b2c world you will find more value from this than other tools out there.

i have found that followerwonk works best for either finding influencers or finding local advocates to work with a product. if you have those needs, you can use this program well.

Followerwonk review by Nicole H.
Nicole H.

"A surgical slice into Twitter Data"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to build influencer profiles and metrics with relevant Twitter data on both your profile and others.

What do you dislike?

I wish the export reporting could be a little more customized. It will get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you are looking for advanced data on your own social authority and how your efforts are working for your company. Check Followerwonk out!

Providing the value of building influencers for the brands I represent and the work that goes into building relationships in twitter

Followerwonk review by Daniela V.
Daniela V.

"It has opened my eyes to endless possibilities for SEO and social alike"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that there's a specific social authority ranking as well as location, keywords and other filters to sift connections through.

What do you dislike?

There should be a similar tool for Facebook as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're an SEO this is an essential tool in your link building activity. For social media activities it will help gain a proper following and get the brand awareness you've been aiming for.

Liaising with SEO and finding bloggers and influencers in the industry has helped me a lot.

Followerwonk review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Followerwonk worked well at finding me Twitter followers who our brand was specifically targeting. "

What do you like best?

It cut through the clutter. Based on Twitter keywords, I found and followed users who were specifically interested in NYC and fashion which spoke specifically to our brand. This helped build our following, while not immensely, certainly positively. .

What do you dislike?

Since the company I interned for was cheap, I didn't get to use the advanced version. As far as Twitter analytics go, I have little to complain about regarding Followeronk. The technology is effective. I wish I could have experienced the advanced version, however. Perhaps making more of the features free would help get new customers?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Followerwonk to those using social media for smaller brands. Bigger more established brands can find use in Followerwonk, but in my experience, Followerwonk is built for small brands. The ability to directly locate your target audience on an interactive platform like Twitter was huge for the brand I worked on and could be huge for other small brands as well.

The main problem we solved was targeting and locating our target audience specifically (on Twitter). The ability to narrow down the huge Twittersphere into small, segmented sections is awesome. We helped introduce our brand to people that may actually care about it.

Followerwonk review by Jordan M.
Jordan M.

"Followerwonk"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the fact it can provide you with a competitor analysis and rank your business accordingly - gives you a benchmark!

What do you dislike?

I don't think the analytics are as accurate as you'd like them to be, simply because with social media analytics, it's very difficult to take 'x' number as the real figure you're looking for due to the real time nature of it.

I'm looking at a number of different analytics platforms at the moments that I'm looking to partner up with in terms of being suppliers, so I'm open to new ways of reporting analytics - this is one I'd consider.

Followerwonk review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Helpful tool for comparing social metrics against competitors/uncovering influencers"

What do you like best?

Ability to look at competitors follower sets and uncover those who are following competitors but not you

What do you dislike?

Not exactly a real-time tool; sometimes it takes time to download a report and you need to have it emailed

Competitive tracking and significantly simplying/cutting down time on what would otherwise be a manual and very difficult process

Followerwonk review by Clinton D.
Clinton D.

"Great Tool - Great for Finding Resources"

What do you like best?

The tool is very easy to use and really allows you to uncover some great new sites based on influencer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the scoring can be off, making it hard to find what you are looking for.

Finding new sites and new content resources. The benefits are it is very easy to build a solid list for outreach.

Followerwonk review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"A great add-on for Moz Pro users."

What do you like best?

FollowerWonk is a super simple tool that helps you track your Twitter followers, as well as your competitors' followers. Deeper analysis and search functionality is also available for the platform.

What do you dislike?

As others have said here, you are limited to five thousand followers for your analysis. In addition, unless you're already a Moz user, you likely will not get much use out of FollowerWonk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you're a Moz user, I am not sure how much you will get out of the platform. If you are already a Moz user, it is a nice little add-on to have

I use FW to supplement other SM monitoring tools I use (e.g. Sprout, Hootsuite), double checking my data as needed. It's a nice little add-on to Moz.

Followerwonk review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Good for Twitter-specific metrics"

What do you like best?

Like most Moz products, the reports and interfaces are clean. I liked the accessibility by linking Twitter accounts, and its ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I went into using FollowerWonk with the expectation to get a more robust social presence report, but it is only for Twitter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use FollowerWonk to compliment other social reporting tools.

Helping to aid in our social reporting capabilities and show the value of a Twitter presences to bigger brands.

Followerwonk review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Helpful for Maintaining Your Followers"

What do you like best?

I can see which of my followers are active and which aren't.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike :) It's a free service and I get what I need out of it.

Trying to find which of my followers are top influencers. Followerwonk has helped to determine this

Followerwonk review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Pretty good"

What do you like best?

Followerwonk was helpful when I needed to compare my company's Followers to my competitors'. The exported lists are very detailed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really to complain about. I wish they could offer this program for Instagram, too!

I'm trying to gain more Followers/engagement on Twitter.

Learning about Followerwonk?

* We monitor all Followerwonk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.