Forecast

Learning about Forecast?

Forecast Reviews

Ask Forecast a Question
Showing 10 Forecast reviews
Forecast review by Aleksander K.
Aleksander K.

"Simple, powerful and beautiful"

What do you like best?

What I like the most is the scheduling. I can clearly see is the team is overallocated or not. Moreover, the customer service is brilliant. Whenever there is an issue, they can help instantly and accurately answer the given question. Finally, the projects view. It has many useful features and UI is a masterpiece! In addition, It can be decided what is important to you and what you want to see when entered the list of the projects. Very easy to navigate and change the data within the app. It is simply great!

What do you dislike?

Everything is connected, it is a plus but when I am trying to put my values, for instance, what is the percentage done of the project I cannot because first I have to put all the details in the scope tab.

Also, from my point of view, the name "Milestone" is not appropriate. It should be a "Stage" or "Process".

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool which can help improve work and efficiently allocate people. Not only it will bring benefits to the company, full control of the project, but also it will be a great help in terms of time, the longer the Forecast is used the easier it becomes to navigate.

Whit the Forecast tool we are trying to allocate people using the scheduling feature and so far we are amazed by the possibility it gives us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Forecast
Forecast review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Awesome "

What do you like best?

We were drawn to forecast when we outgrew trello - the team had a great workflow using trello, and we didn't want to interrupt that, but we did want more of a company wide overview of what was happening (with multiple concurrent projects resource management becomes very difficult in trello) - Forecast has allowed us to keep the production team using the Kanban systems they know and allows the management team to schedule, organise and report on multiple concurrent projects easily.

What do you dislike?

Honnestly, not much - one thing I would like to see though would be a "done" view in the scheduler, so that we can report on the tasks that were done, and when they were done (we occasionally get clients questioning billing and to be able to send them a screenshot of this would help massively)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it :)

Resource management is the biggest thing that forecast helps us with - we can see instantly if we have overbooked ourselves, and we can see the impact that delay has, not only on the current project, but the next one, and the one after that too (and we can see this across all members of our team at the click of a button)

What Project Management solution do you use?

Forecast review by Leynes M.
Leynes M.

"Easy organization when using Forecast"

What do you like best?

the tools of organization and management of projects that has Forecast is innovative for the administration of resources, make calculations of expenses before carrying out the project is easy and fast with this software, in very few cases you get something that works intuitively . Projects are delivered more efficiently and employees work together.

What do you dislike?

From the moment of use until now there is nothing that disgusts me, everything related to Forecast has been good.

Collaboration in the area of resources, whether or not they are limited Forecast makes the work of administration easier, reports with the value provided which was done before starting the project, this is a great help for the company.

Forecast review by Christine S.
Christine S.

"Excellent Project, Time, and Resource Management Tools"

What do you like best?

Forecast is easy to use and simple to navigate. It gives me the ability to see what's going on in our agency in a few dashboards. Our entire agency was up and running on the application over a Christmas holiday break last year. The support team is amazing and implements most requests and bug fixes the very same week. They are constantly asking for input on how to make the product better and truly listen to our suggestions.

What do you dislike?

The system could use a better file sharing configuration. Would love an integration with QuickBooks Online.

We were Basecamp users before Forecast and were frustrated with lack of reporting and resource planning features. Forecast allows us to time track efficiently, scope work and costs quickly and keep an eye on resource planning all from a single application.

Forecast review by Julia R.
Julia R.

"Clear Asset for Collaboration"

What do you like best?

I appreciate how it brings together ticketed Kanban boards and timesheets, encouraging collaboration and complete transparency on time spent where. It also also allows you to calculate the amount of resource you have against particular projects and projected work, allowing you to allocate resources as appropriate.

What do you dislike?

Mini hiccups- limitations in levels of access for collaborators, and if you send a link someone to a ticket that they are not assigned to, they cannot access it.

- Tracks tasks across all divisions of the business

- Tracks time (internal and external)

- Validates business decisions by clearly showing the amount of resource needed for a project

- Allocates responsibility for tasks and projects

- Enables scheduling and 'forecasting' of projects to ensure timely delivery

Forecast review by Administrator

"Planning made easier and faster"

What do you like best?

I do really like who easy you can plan a project and get a whole view of one customer thanks to the Insights. I can easily see how many project that one customer has up and running and we can therefore have a better communications to all our customers.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues with the CSV export where they get pretty messy when you e.g download the registered time for a month. It would also be great that if a Card is set as Non-billable, then I won´t see the price for the registered time. And also, it would be awesome to have a Insight where I can see only the debited time for each user (so I don´t see the work with 0 price)

We have gotten a much better insight in which projects/works that´s upcoming and the time registration is much easier to handle in Forecast compared to the system we used before.

Forecast review by Agency
Agency

"I've tested them all, forecast is the best "

What do you like best?

How user friendly it is and how our entire team quickly adopted it. It works well both for a management perspective (overview, capacity, progress, utilisation of ressources) and for more operationnal roles (to do, prioritization, project time monitoring etc...).

Fore us a key aspect of such a tool is to have both a solid and usable time tracking solution and a complete project management suite. Forecast handles both beautifully.

What do you dislike?

Export capacities for analysis are not the most flexible but new features are being released really fast and often. Customer Success Management is nearly perfect and that is part of the reason we switched from another solution to Forecast.

Project management and our agency ressources/capacity management.

We are also using it to handle our dev and product team; sprint mode is really helpfull and we've been able to improve our TTM efficiency.

Forecast review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great overview of allocations"

What do you like best?

It is easy to create new allocations of people to projects, and I get a great overview of all my allocations.

Furthermore I can use all the data for my own reports in Excel by using the API.

New features and improvements are introduced at a regular pace.

What do you dislike?

There are some finishing details that are not in place. Misspellings, quirks and so.

But it is not something that hinders the daily use.

We now have a shared overview of who is allocated to which projects - now and in the future.

And it is a view that is easy understandable.

That makes it possible for all our Project Managers to work together on allocations in a way we couldn't do before.

Forecast review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Work smarter not harder "

What do you like best?

The overall efficiency is something we truly value in the product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount it cost per month.

Not running the same project over and over has really been beneficial. We have been able to utilize our time across a better array of projects.

Forecast review by Consultant

"Great tool, thorough onboarding support and friendly service."

What do you like best?

Seamless integration with Jira Cloud for budgeting controls. UI is nice and simple and clearly laid out.

Forecast staff respond quickly to support requests in a friendly and approachable manner.

What do you dislike?

Some of the (accounting) terminology is not so clear for me. The Forecast staff are however extremely patient and helpful with their onboarding process.

Budget controlling integration with Jira Cloud. Automatic calculation of sprint development costs.

Learning about Forecast?

* We monitor all Forecast reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.