FormAssembly

Launch awesome web forms quickly, easily.

Work for FormAssembly?

Learning about FormAssembly?

FormAssembly Reviews

Ask FormAssembly a Question
Showing 161 FormAssembly reviews
FormAssembly review by Danny C.
Danny C.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FormAssembly
FormAssembly review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

What Lead Capture solution do you use?

FormAssembly review by Gordon B.
Gordon B.

"As Simple - Or As Complex - As You Like"

What do you like best?

FormAssembly is a very powerful tool. The combination of field logic, custom css, field types, support for javascript, and various "connectors" to other vendors (we use Salesforce for CRM and Chagent for credit card processing) through a straightforward point-and-click interface has allowed us to provide our customers with services that normally would only be available through businesses with much larger budgets than ours.

The support is friendly and responsive.

The pricing model is good, with no caps on responses or number of forms at our level (Professional).

Their development team is regularly making improvements to the platform; the newest version of the form builder is GREAT.

What do you dislike?

Fatal errors are possible: Occasionally, a form in development will develop a mysterious glitch that requires us to scrap everything. We have learned to save clones (copies) of forms in development regularly so we don't need to start over from scratch.

No Survey analytic tools: I realize this isn't the primary use-case for FormAssembly, but we do use the platform for satisfaction surveys. Form Assembly provides only a rudimentary reporting capability. There is no ability to filter responses by questions, so you must look at all the data together. Therefore, we end up exporting data and analyzing data in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

THIS IS A TOOL: Make sure you have someone on staff or retainer who is a whiz at problem solving and systems thinking. Integrations are not for the faint of heart, and while your FormAssembly administrator needn't be a coder, she/he will need to have advanced problem-solving skills and creative thinking to customize the this tool to meet your business needs.

JAVASCRIPT HELPS provide advanced functionality!

WHEN DEVELOPING, BACK UP YOUR FORMS OFTEN - especially if you use complex integrations and/or javascript. Sometimes things go wrong, and even FormAssembly support will be unable to find the problem in your coding and customizations: It's much easier to revert to a former working version than to start over from scratch.

As an educational non-profit, we use form assembly for almost every customer entry possible: Credit card updating for recurring billing, Lead Capture, Admissions Applications, course registrations, sophisticated and targeted fundraising, feedback surveys, direct web sales to customers, one-click email smile sheets, event registration...

Additionally, we're using it more and more to provide our staff forms to simplify data entry (where complex object creation in CRM is necessary), greatly reducing errors.

FormAssembly review by Billy D.
Billy D.

"FormAssembly: Magic with a Submit Button"

What do you like best?

FormAssembly combines all of the usability of a drag-and-drop editor with the flexibility of custom development, to create forms that are tailored to your needs and incredibly powerful in their functionality. We use FormAssembly forms for just about everything, from our application process, to contact management, to post-event surveys. Because it allows you both to pull and push data to Salesforce seamlessly, it provides a quick tool for automating complex transactions with our Salesforce instance.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much to dislike about FormAssembly given the extensive set of features you included in even the most basic license plan. The only thing for prospective users to consider is that the learning curve might be a little steeper than less sophisticated technologies (i.e. Google Forms). Much of this steepness comes from the robustness of the platform, though, and FormAssembly's comprehensive documentation and their stellar support team help alleviate much of this challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it takes some time to learn enough of the platform in order to take advantage of all of the features, it really is the most robust bespoke form solution out there. I also invite you to reimagine the "function" of a form builder. Because of all of its connectors and integrations, we've found that surveys are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to FormAssembly use cases.

As mentioned above we use FormAssembly for almost all of our business use cases, but the primary function it has been most helpful for is our application and review process. We have built our entire application process on FormAssembly forms, and this allows us to present the questions in one format on our application and store our applicant responses in a totally different format in Salesforce. Because FormAssembly also allows you to dynamically prefill forms with data from Salesforce, we've also been able to conduct our entire review process through FormAssembly as well, which has allowed us to invite community members without Salesforce licenses to participate in the process as well. This combination of features enables us to optimize both the usability of our forms and the efficiency of our data storage and analysis.

FormAssembly review by Rebecca E.
Rebecca E.

"User-friendly, cloud-based form solution "

What do you like best?

At my organization we use FormAssembly to capture feedback from customers. Out field team provides customers with the link to the FormAssembly form or simply pulls up the form vis ipad to complete in real-time. I like that the Form may be accessed from anywhere with a reasonable wifi connection, and that it looks great on iphone and ipad as well as a desktop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when making changes to my form I find it difficult to tell whether my changes have been made/ saved. I have been both in the position of not saving changes I meant to save, and in the position of accidentally saving a second copy of a form that already saved automatically. Then I need to compare both forms side by side and determine which I want to keep - this feels like a waste of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure which other softwares exist out there to fill the same needs as FormAssembly, however based on my experience as a user of FormAssembly I would recommend it to others, particularly for those who are looking to integrate with Salesforce.

As I mentioned above, we need to capture information from a geographically diverse client base. Additionally, because we use Salesforce as our CRM (customer relationship manager) we needed to be able to link our clients' Salesforce profiles with their survey responses. Form assembly allows us to do this. So far, the integration has been seamless.

FormAssembly review by Jillian T.
Jillian T.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

The UI is easy to navigate, has very clean features and houses the functionality you need to create an aesthetically pleasing form. The templates are excellent if you're a beginner, but if you're experienced you can literally create anything that comes to your mind. The organization and layouts that you can create are endless, the question types have conditionals too so if you prefer something to be answered first instead of it being displayed then you can do it! I love that because for our financial verification step it proves to be invaluable.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features for design customization. Also with e-signature, being able to change the

"Signature Verified" page text and/or redirect, that would be nice. Maybe less clicking around to try to find what you need, and better descriptions. I would prefer the Documentation under Help to be more in depth with more topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FormAssembly is great for form automation, whether you're new or experienced, the user interface is so simple anyone can use it.

For our partnerships, it helps to solve the 'smoky mirrors' associated with oil and gas industry, by leveraging compliance by marking questions as required and verifying signatures through the signatory process. The benefits I realized, without this the process was caveman and difficult--if a document wasn't fully signed or answered we would have to go send the document back and wait. This way is much more efficient, transparent and compliant.

FormAssembly review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Great form tool for Saleforce"

What do you like best?

We love working with Form Assembly for our form integration tool with Salesforce. We are a consulting shop (www.cloudnerd.com) and have implemented Form Assembly for over 30 Salesforce organization. Great tool and very solid integration with Salesforce, especially with business rules and logic (order records are created, linking records together, creating multiple related records, etc..).

The form creation interface is intuitive to use and easy to create to fomrs.

What do you dislike?

The options for custom designing form with your own CSS could be more robust. Also, if you are a power user of Form Assembly it would be nice to have a different tier of support to contact more quickly to resolve issues or answer technical questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for creating and managing forms. Support will take some time but they have good documentation to help.

We create forms for lead gen, lending applications, financial wealth management client surveys, customer service and more. Very flexible for all of these solutions.

FormAssembly review by Sivan N.
Sivan N.

"I love Form Assembly!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to configure. A large variety of ways to manipulate data by formulas between collection and entering the CRM. The support is absolutely amazing. Very accessible (and we're in the UK), and never an unsolved issue. Easy to learn for an admin and a user alike. Easy to implement into own website. No more docs or spreadsheets to collect data from our supporters, we just easily create a form and voila! All the data is just the way we want it in our CRM.

What do you dislike?

The navigation between the different build, configure and view sections (etc.) needs improvement. Requires working with multiple tabs and a bit unintuitive. It did get better in the year we've worked with it, but still room for improvement. A side menu with a list of all forms could have been super. Also, impossible to copy text as it keeps an old fomatting that is impossible to get rid of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to learn and configure, there are many hidden options that are very useful

We use FA to get online donations, and even more to collect data of our supporters for organising or participating in events. We basically easily create a form for every need these days, and enjoying accurate data with no need of a single man hour to handle or manipulate. After almost a year of working with Form Assembly I can honestly say it had completely changed the way we work.

FormAssembly review by Kelley B.
Kelley B.

"Best tool to collect and move data into Salesforce!"

What do you like best?

Form Assembly has one of the most robust Salesforce integrations I have seen in a data capturing platform. Hands down my favorite feature! We also really enjoy the logic available on questions along with all of the different question types available.

What do you dislike?

This could totally be on my end (user error:), but I do wish forms could be made more aesthetically pleasing without having to write CSS. This limitation does require to us to use a different form processor on some pages of the website and we'd really prefer to use just one product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish I could have rated "Quality of Support" higher! Form Assembly's documentation and customer support are some of the best I have experienced in this space.

Although not it's original design, we heavily rely on FA as an event management tool. We're able to quickly create registration forms that are pushing accurate data into multiple Salesforce objects including Contacts, Accounts, and Campaigns, instantly. We also Form Assembly to capture internal documentation, mapping into custom Salesforce objects, that allow us to streamline business processes.

FormAssembly review by Dylan B.
Dylan B.

"Simplicity at its best!"

What do you like best?

Love how quickly I got my 1st form to my customers. Faster solutions means I get data back faster and in turn my company is willing to invest in the product for longer terms.

The integration into Salesforce is the real value for me. Having the ability to pre-populate data puts this product above the rest!

What do you dislike?

Won't lie - it took a couple of attempts to get my link working with id's in Salesforce and the documentation seemed a little out of date. Or perhaps I couldn't find the correct article in the help portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully have recommended this to others in the past when working on other projects and will continue to do so in the future.

The cost saver is a huge benefit of this product - especially in South Africa where a lot of Salesforce integrations are frightfully expensive. The fact that this product simply works like a dream adds to a well rounded experience.

Creating cost effective surveys for my customers in Salesforce was a big highlight. Having the ability to integrate these with workflows.

Pretty soon we will be using the solution to assist our customers with onboarding and their submission of documents. This will present a better experience for customer and will get a faster turnaround time with contract submissions as admin will have the files automatically allocated to an Account.

FormAssembly review by Teresa W.
Teresa W.

"Easy to build forms"

What do you like best?

There are multiple connectors to the forms like Salesforce and payment processors that make the forms adaptable for many different uses. The design is editable and there are a lot of different question types that can be selected.

What do you dislike?

There are still some of the connectors that need a little work and customization. FormAssembly now uses a more general support line but I really liked when they had the chat feature for a much faster response. There could be a little more support for formulas in their documentation. We have needed to create custom formulas multiple times and I would love to be able to create them myself more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, FormAssembly is a great product and provided solutions for many business processes. I think they still need to build out the iATS connector to allow us to customize the data sent from FormAssembly to iATS and then to Salesforce. There have been some duplicates because both iATS and FormAssembly connect to Salesforce and you can't delay the data being sent or send over anything other than payment details. No developer needed to use FormAssembly though make sure you test thoroughly to avoid hiccups in the connectors and for any formulas.

We use FormAssembly for our general donation processor along with iATS and Salesforce. It is also used for custom event registration pages and gift card submissions. It has solved many business needs in one platform by connecting our main solutions and allowing me to build triggers to automate other business processes.

FormAssembly review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"A game-changer in back office efficiency!"

What do you like best?

The connection to Salesforce is flawless and the form has continued to work over the last 2 years through updates to both systems, without issue. It provides a great initial impression to perspective clients that we are technologically savvy and serious about our onboarding process.

What do you dislike?

At the time that I had signed up (early 2016?), they only offered live chat customer service, which took some getting used to. Especially since I was still learning the system, however everyone was so good, my concerns dissipated quickly over that and it worked out really well.

Before FormAssembly, a prospective client would fill out our "Family Information" form via fillable PDF or printed copy and return it to our office. Then a member of our staff would have to take that information and manually enter it into Salesforce, which introduced human error because inevitably certain parameters would be incorrectly set or checkboxes missed - not to mention it's double entry, a huge waste of time. With FormAssembly, the client enters their own information from any device and then get immediately added to Salesforce with all the correct formatting. This has been huge for efficiency at our small firm!!

FormAssembly review by Jaron J.
Jaron J.

"Designing Online Forms Can't Get Much Easier."

What do you like best?

FormAssembly provides our agency with a flexible and easy tool to quickly roll out responsive forms. The intuitive design makes adding questions and enhancing the form with logic a quick task. For forms that fit into a longer process the ability to link FormAssembly to Salesforce through Connectors is a huge productivity enhancement by allowing users to skip Excel altogether.

What do you dislike?

Managing form themes could be more intuitive. Our users complain that it is difficult to quickly create new forms that look modern or match existing branding. Background images can be difficult to use without some experience with html or css.

FormAssembly has become a secure way to collect data from customers in our grant and incentive programs. It allows for our data to be moved into Salesforce and create contact, account, and application records that were entered by hand in days past. Our years of experience with FormAssembly allows us to use the platform in a variety of use cases with very few technical problems.

FormAssembly review by Nick B.
Nick B.

"Easy, cheap, great support - what more could you want?"

What do you like best?

Their personal support is incredible. Any issue - big or small - they respond to quickly and kindly. I've gotten direction with issues outside of the FormAssembly scope, as well as acknowledgement of work-arounds or bugs, just to get a follow-up fix. They are very fast to answer, and seem to really take your needs to heart.

What do you dislike?

I wish the UI was a bit more customizable - moving questions from left/right justification on a per-field basis (instead of based on the form theme) would be nice. A slightly better interface for conditional rules would be nice, and same for formula entry when mapping to SalesForce. Overall though, it's great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed, particularly if you desire salesforce integration. super tight field mapping and conditional operations. Very nice.

We get our customer signing up QUICKLY and EASILY without human intervention! It saves so much time. Plus, we have logs of all activity which is great for digging up old records.

FormAssembly review by Joseph L.
Joseph L.

"Powerful software that connects with Salesforce but needs some visual improvements"

What do you like best?

Integration with salesforce is very powerful and allows you to automate a lot of things. However there's quite a steep learning curve when you are new to both platforms.

What do you dislike?

The formula editor is very buggy and there's no way to preview and test forms with any live data. Also, the responsiveness of the forms needs some work, there should be a better way to integrate the forms into your website without writing a ton of custom css to override the default FormAssembly styles. The support documentation could also be more in-depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have staff capable of using enterprise software, it's not the easiest thing to use especially if you want to do more complex integrations.

No longer having to submit donations manually through a batch has been extremely helpful. We've automated a lot of process with our database now.

FormAssembly review by Phil T.
Phil T.

"Keep finding use cases to use Form Assembly"

What do you like best?

I'm a Business Analyst and came across form assembly to address a use case of updating Salesforce records. The customer support was helpful in using the software and I found that the application has a great user experience.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many dislikes, I think the reporting capabilities could be enhanced.

The connector with Salesforce was impactful for the business cases I was trying to solve. The benefits are a huge time savings from manual input. We have used this to gather public responses as well. Using form assembly has alleviate the need for an employee to manually handle this. I need to create the ability for users to enter as a lead in Salesforce and found that the system allows for complexity that you would want out of an application.

FormAssembly review by Paul G.
Paul G.

"Pay once, benefit time after time"

What do you like best?

I love the quality of the Salesforce integration, error handling, the online support documentation available and also the humans prepared to answer questions! The best thing is that when you create a business case to get FormAssembly set up the first time, you've paid your costs, and every form thereafter doesn't cost you a penny more.

What do you dislike?

The interface for building links between Salesforce and the forms can be a bit confusing, but only because the product has grown organically over the years and now is a bit clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up a trial and just go for it!

Events: tick. Surveys: tick; assessments: tick; Students to appropriate classes: tick. Even matching people wanting bikes, to bikes of the right size and then issuing them with an appointment (with a bit of help from Salesforce's Flow)

FormAssembly review by Conrad P.
Conrad P.

"A great form product for donation and inquiry forms"

What do you like best?

Our organization leverages forms mainly for our donation form and client intake processes. With FormAssembly the ability to customize the look and feel of the forms are important, but also the integration to Salesforce its the primarily reason why we selected FormAssembly to other competitors.

What do you dislike?

The theming for complex forms requires some one on staff with specific skills sets which our office does not possess. Therefore for complex form design we have to leverage outside consultants to assist in design which can be costly.

The main business problems FormAssembly is solving is connecting our constituents (clients, volunteers, and donors) with our organization and with the Salesforce integration it allows us to automatically push those form results to the appropriate individuals to take action.

FormAssembly review by Marina S.
Marina S.

"Downright fun to use"

What do you like best?

It is both flexible, complex, and easy to use, which I would have sworn could never happen all in combination! The admin interface is easy to use and allows some very complex options. Customer support has always been very helpful. The Salesforce integration is smooth.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes slow to respond to customer support requests. I've run into a couple of repeated bugs with the Salesforce integration where they basically recommend deleting and recreating a connection to fix it, which is a hassle. Embedded forms in an iframe are not mobile responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this for ease of use, and the ability to create multiple complex forms with Salesforce integration.

We went from accepting forms in PDF by email and having to enter them into multiple spreadsheets, to online forms that flow directly into Salesforce without any manual effort. It saves time on our end, and several of the people filling out our forms have gone out of their way to express how much they appreciate the change.

FormAssembly review by Anne D.
Anne D.

"Diversity in tools to make life easier"

What do you like best?

I like how robust the choices are for programming and being able to save form sections and groups for use in other forms.

What do you dislike?

Some of the form options, such as being able to add an additional line, are not the easiest to connect to SalesForce, so we have to get creative with those fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for connecting in with SalesForce, but we still recommend reviewing all options. SalesForce has their own form builder, but it's very pricey. Printing out Excel reports from this, though, is not as easy, so we recommend being able to connect with other data management tools so you can extract the information you need in better formats.

This takes a very difficult form that we had in Excel and puts it into a user-friendly web-version. Our clients have said this form is much easier to use than what we previously had, and it is flexible as we grow and change.

FormAssembly review by Barbara C.
Barbara C.

"Powerful tool!"

What do you like best?

Easy form builder; customizable formatting with CSS, easy repeatable sections. Offers multiple connectors to payment processors and CRM. The salesforce connector is one of the more powerful ones on the market-- can upsert any accessible object, offers formulas to manipulate data, and good logic. There are pre-fill connectors for some platforms and passing data into forms is relatively easy with URL encoding.

What do you dislike?

Repeating sections on form builder need some beefing up. You should be able to set defaults, pass data from earlier in the form, etc. Being able to apply logic like conditional display of fields and defaults to more field data types would open up a world of possibilities a well.

Building more e-signature features would be great as well-- right now it's very basic and a bit clunky for the user.

Salesforce connectors:

The biggest is definitely that you can't access salesforce data via a lookup and then use it in your logic later in the connector, especially things like the Account ID on contact , formulas in field mapping & skip variables, etc. (You can do this with a 2-step higher priced prefill form, but that's not good UX or cost-effective for small orgs). Access to system fields like Created Date & Last Modified are vital in building logic on any integration.

I also want the ability to choose to overwrite data in field mapping on a field by field basis or based on logic like ISNEW. The convolutions to simply set a lead source only on new records is kind of crazy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use support! They are helpful and often have solutions you haven't thought of.

Almost all our clients use it for signup forms, surveys, etc. Most also go a step farther with donation forms, event registration. I've also built out a complicated student and parent application for after school programs, including e-signature.

FormAssembly review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Good, but could be even better"

What do you like best?

Good flexibility with options. It's easy to put together a survey quickly and get it published.

What do you dislike?

As forms get more complex, the system seems to breakdown and I wind up with connector problems. There doesn't seem to be any fix for the problems I have other than simplifying my forms. That's defeats the purpose of my forms in the first place. I feel like the problems are of FA's end and aren't solved because they involve an investment on their part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Form assembly used to have great customer support. Their recent change to a non chat based support is making dealing with immediate issues more difficult. What used to take a half hour now takes days on my end. It's probably more economical for FA, but not all that helpful to the end administrator.

We use form assembly to process scholarship applications as well as apartment rental applications. We also use it internally to process maintenance request forms.

FormAssembly review by Katie T.
Katie T.

"Top Customer Service with a great product"

What do you like best?

The customer service is unbeatable. No matter how large or small the issue, they are there to walk you through and show you the ropes. The product is easy to use with some guidance.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve with connecting it to Salesforce. However, the customer service has been so incredible, this is a small issue. Unfortunately the payment option does not work with the payment system we utilize in Salesforce. So this is a feature we are currently unable to utilize

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you are looking for and do not be afraid to ask questions. FormAssembly customer service are very honest of what they can and cannot do. They are easy to understand and guide you at your level and are very patient. I had one issue that I could not figure out. They went above and beyond to figure out how to make my request happen. The final product was more then we could have asked for.

An easy way for our constituents to enroll into our program. It integrates with Salesforce very well with many options on how you want to utilize it. Whether it is updating contact information, collecting membership fees (If it connects with your payment system) or creating new profiles.

FormAssembly review by Medhanie H.
Medhanie H.

"Simplest way of collecting data and passing it to various systems."

What do you like best?

Simple form builder UI, flexible with custom CSS and integrates with many of our favorite tools such as Salesforce, Paypal, Webmerge, and more. Ability to build out surveys, lead capture forms, enrollment applications and more securely with minimal effort. Also for healthcare, education and nonprofit organizations, having HIPAA compliance and eSign capabilities can be a massive time saver. Very secure and safe to use. The Salesforce prefill connector is a huge asset to how we FormAssembly. We can create forms in places like Community Cloud and flows and prepopulate data from Salesforce records (such as contacts, leads and users) and have that readily available for our users to fill. Also a huge plus is the lookup and update logic that helps with preventing duplicate records from being created in our instance and makes life easy for our org.

What do you dislike?

Definitely room for improvement with the connector templates, sometimes complex templates require a lot of thought and effort to build out and pagination could be slow, but FormAssembly is working on improving this process, safe harbor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend the Premium or Enterprise plans which feature more of the Salesforce integration, such as prefilled forms (which can be used in Communities, email templates and so much more).

FormAssembly has been a massive game changer for Salesforce Administrators with the ability to build out surveys, web-to-lead forms, payment collection, and other data capture with minimal effort and coding skills required. As an admin, this comes in handy when building many of our organization's essential business processes and not only simplifying these processes but helping our organization realize its true potential.

FormAssembly review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Intake Tool for Salesforce Solutions"

What do you like best?

One of the key reasons we chose FormAssembly is its deep integration with Salesforce. A lot of the other solutions that were out there didn’t really meet our needs in terms of being able to easily seed data into Salesforce. FormAssembly offers a strong support team as well as easy configurability, so that we when we go in, we can not only see the integration, but also make updates to the web forms on our own.

Additionally, FormAssembly offers various out of the box form formats. The web forms created on FormAssembly are mobile responsive, therefore enabling us to create forms for any mobile device, tablet or laptop.

Other great features include the ability to dynamically walk an organization through the entire process if they have a question, as well as great design and customization features, including the ability for more in-depth html coding if you chose.

What do you dislike?

For some of our smaller nonprofit partners who only need one form, the pricing is restrictive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your hands dirty and don't be afraid to reach out to support for help while you are learning the tool.

At TechBridge, we use FormAssembly for capturing donations and inquiries, so we’re able to feed that information directly to our database and have some processes around it. We get quite a few inquiries on our service on a regular basis and using FormAssembly to capture those saves us from manually updating and integrating it with Salesforce – it’s very time saving for our staff members, and that can be converted into dollar savings.

FormAssembly review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very Robust Form Builder for Salesforce Client"

What do you like best?

Form Assembly can send data from forms into Sales Cloud in virtually any way via hundreds of permutations. I'm not saying that there isn't some limitation out there, but I haven't run into one yet. Basically, contacts fill out forms and then the form data is mapped back to Sales Cloud (Salesforce) depending on how the integration is setup.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce/Form Assembly integration is point and click, but there are some UI limitations on how easy it is too see what form questions have not been mapped. I've heard there is a beta for an improved Salesforce/Form Assembly integration that is being worked on. With respect to the actual Form Building, some times moving form questions around is a little buggy and it can be hard to get the question in the correct place. Again, I think there is some room for improvement here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep on improving the UI for building forms and working on the Salesforce integration. Also, there is some room for improvement related to DKIM of the autoresponse emails.

We have so many forms and the data wasn't going anywhere to be used. By sending the data to Sales Cloud (Salesforce), we can improve data quality, reduce duplicates and actually use the data.

FormAssembly review by Penny W.
Penny W.

"Best. Decision. Ever."

What do you like best?

The ease of building complex forms and the ability to copy them.

Customer Service is incredible and fast.

Pricing is affordable.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to search or sort data in the responses tab.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for ways to streamline internal processes that are heavily related to customer input or data, or if you're looking to impress your customers with professional, customized data collection with great logic, FormAssembly is the solution for your to adopt.

Problems Solved: Streamlined workflows with automated notifications to appropriate departments or individuals.

Benefits realized for Staff: Time, efficiency, and sanity.

Benefits realized for Customers: Improved, seamless processes to handle most, if not all, of their requirements.

FormAssembly review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Works Great. Quite sophisticated."

What do you like best?

Relatively simple once you learn it. After you've done a few forms, you'll get the setup. And, the integration with Salesforce is relatively simple. Great notifications to the end user

What do you dislike?

Some of the logic, formulas, and formatting is a bit complicated for a basic office manager. It takes some admin know-how to really tighten up your form. Watch out for your rules on matching criteria for contacts in Salesforce. You can quickly end up with a lot of duplicates. Also, when using a payment processor, it's possible that your form went through fine but your payment processor didn't. So managing all of that from Form Assembly and your payment processor can be a lot of emails. (In other words, your form submissions look fine, but look again- payment didn't process. That's a separate notification.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrates so well with Salesforce that it's worth it.

double entry on data. saving time.

FormAssembly review by User in Higher Education

"Form Assembly has great SF integration but challenging to use "

What do you like best?

I like that Form Assembly has a plug-in to auto-populate Salesforce. There are very few technologies that do this (at least as of when we researched last year) so this is a big plus!

What do you dislike?

The tool itself has limited capabilities - e.g. we can't do more complex matrix-like survey questions. Also the Salesforce integration is challenging in that if we make seemingly simple changes to the survey (e.g. moving the order of questions), it becomes very difficult to transfer the Salesforce-population formulas and creates a lot of work.

We just implemented a survey that can now populate our Salesforce database, which is very helpful for integrating our different data collection systems. We can now put our survey data in conversation with other data in order to make smarter business decisions, which we could not do before.

FormAssembly review by Darren F.
Darren F.

"Fantastic tool for extending the salesforce webform functionality"

What do you like best?

record lookup and update/create multiple records functionality by decision tree, pre-fill functionality, formula functionality, the ability to use formulae in the redirect url to drive users of multi-stage forms (multiple forms stacked with prefill data moving between one to the next) to take users in different directions depending on their answers to certain questions

What do you dislike?

inability to set required status on conditional fields based on if they are presented or hidden

Recommendations to others considering the product

the best tool I've found for extending webform/salesforce functionality beyond the standard W2L & W2C provided by SFDC

interaction with prospects and customers with field mapping directly into salesforce records across multiple objects

FormAssembly review by Shannon S.
Shannon S.

"Great product, great customer service!"

What do you like best?

FormAssembly is a great product for those of us who are not considered techies, but still need to find our way around. It's user friendly and has great articles and documentation which offer troubleshooting. Plus, their customer service team is always a click or an email away!

What do you dislike?

Salesforce connectors can be tricky, and could always use some more trainings for troubleshooting weird errors that happen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!!!

STREAMLINING PROCESSES LIKE CRAZY! Using form assembly in combination with salesforce has taken our once clumsy registration and stipend processes to a whole new level. We could NOT be where we are without them.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"FormAssembly forms are easy to use!"

What do you like best?

There are so many things I like about FormAssembly, but one of my favorite features is the custom notifications. I like that I can specify the subject line for each submitted form. That makes sorting them and prioritizing the responses easier. Not only can I type whatever subject I want to see for a completed form, I can use fields from the form in the subject line that further customizes the responses!

What do you dislike?

I don't really "dislike" anything about FormAssembly; however, I do wish the branding and themes features were a little more advanced for better company branding. The forms going to customers don't look as nice as when they were PDFs using our branding and colors.

We're primarily using the forms to streamline multiple requests for materials and other things related to tradeshows. When our Sales Reps are approved to participate in a trade show, they use the forms easily from any device to request fee payments, printed materials, and demo systems,etc. Before formAssembly, the Sales Reps used an editable PDF and had to submit them via email attachment. The potential problem with that process is emails can get lost or deleted, or in some other way "removed" and the record of the request is gone. With FormAssembly, the submitted forms are systematically emailed for convenience, but the forms live on the FormAssembly website forever...or until deleted. This makes it easy to retrieve.

FormAssembly review by Nora D.
Nora D.

"Great Program for the Price"

What do you like best?

Salesforce integration is relatively easy and pretty extensive-- Our organization uses this feature a lot. We are also happy with the pricing, considering how many features the program has, and availability of a nonprofit discount.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would beef up the analytics features-- Would love to see more detailed data analysis within each form. It would be helpful if the analytics could also be exported more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

help.formassembly.com is an incredibly helpful resource for those considering purchasing Form Assembly, as well as for those who are learning how to use it.

The automation with Salesforce, Google Drive, and PayPal has been incredibly valuable in saving time and ensuring accurate data entry into our systems. The forms are also very user-friendly and can be used for a lot of different purposes, from evaluations to program applications.

FormAssembly review by Andy M.
Andy M.

"The best $250 i've ever spent!"

What do you like best?

Form Assembly is a critical tool for us at Culture Amp and has been for me at previous companies as well. The ability to put data from forms directly into Salesforce allows us to automate (and improve) so many processes.

What do you dislike?

The initial learning curve can be complex but it is worth it. The product improvements have made it easier and support is awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use salesforce you have to have Form Assembly. The functionality is off the charts and the business processes you can enable with it are amazing.

Getting data into salesforce at scale and in a way that is intuitive for our team

FormAssembly review by Jared H.
Jared H.

"Great tool and great value"

What do you like best?

We've been able to move everything our non-profit does to digital with no data entry, since it's all done by the user through formassembly forms

What do you dislike?

I loved the chat Tech support when it came out. It was amazing to be able to get answers right away. Recently chat agents are hardly ever available, so tech support ends up being over email and has slowed down projects quite a bit.

All our paper forms are now obsolete. We use it for both customer and internal forms. Great integration with salesforce.

FormAssembly review by Haley G.
Haley G.

"Great form tool with easy integration to Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Easy licensing with ability to connect to multiple Salesforce instances.

What do you dislike?

Some issues with prefill connector over time, must be careful not to promise more than a few fields and think through security protocol for anything you might be showing/exposing through the connectors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pricing/editions should be reviewed. We use the Enterprise Product.

Large decentralized campus with need to put data into Salesforce. Has been great in helping to make this process much easier with little training needed from me since they have a great help site and knowledgebase.

FormAssembly review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"Great addition to our cloud tech-stack"

What do you like best?

We were looking for an easy way to leverage data in and out of salesforce, specifically dealing with a few marketing lead-gen use cases. The ability to create a form and connect it using the salesforce connector, then map and create literally any logic on how data can be viewed outside of salesforce, and in-turn send and stored within salesforce is brilliant. The creation of forms is also very plug and play and I like the ability to override the CSS when needed to have the form fit within an already development brand.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I find to be a bit challenging at times is formatting the form to be exactly the way we want it. Sometimes the drag and drop puts things where I don't want them and I have to adjust. I also think the additional field-level settings could be presented a bit more user-friendly. I am hopeful that since he UI changed quite significantly this year, the builder wont be too far behind it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to be blown away with the salesforce connector. It is so plug and play..you will start to get addicted at all of the things you can do with it!

We wanted an easy way to pull data out of salesforce for an end user to view, and then update that data directly back into salesforce, as well as creating additional attributes or records. We wanted to be able to include variables in the URL that will pull data into a form, a user can then update, and that goes back into salesforce. We find that our lead-response rate is greater when the user has less to fill out. Their mind shifts to just validating existing info.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Form Platform with Tweaks will be a Leading Platform"

What do you like best?

FormAssembly's question logic, formulas, customer service, Salesforce integration, and Google Sheets integration are some of its greatest strengths and why I continue to use FormAssembly. We have been able to capture complex information and streamline processes for a variety of applications and forms both internally and externally. Their customer service is bar none. No matter the question, their customer service agents are happy to help with quick responses and will go to great lengths to help solve your problem.

What do you dislike?

I wish that FormAssembly had a different user system. It would be great for us to have different tiers of users, some who could view responses, some who can edit specific forms, and some who are global admins. I would also love to see routing logic. We use FormAssembly for our website contact form, and we currently need to use Salesforce to route emails according to the subject that the user selects from a dropdown. Ideally, this would be done through FormAssembly. I would also like to see their auto-response and notification emails have a rich text editor.

We were trying to streamline our membership application, contact form, and other applications. We've also streamlined internal processes using FormAssembly, such as our webinar marketing. Our membership information now goes right into our database, and internal processes have become a lot smoother.

FormAssembly review by John S.
John S.

"The Ideal Salesforce Integrated Web Form"

What do you like best?

Insert, Update, and conditional record manipulation in Salesforce based on the data provided. Formula functionality allows you to calculate values prior to insert.

What do you dislike?

The Formula syntax took some getting used to.

We had a process that would create or update anywhere from 1 to 5 contacts and parent accounts, a custom object, and relationships between the entities. In about 4 hours, we had an easy to complete a web form that provided an easy method to fill in all the required information.

FormAssembly review by Nina M.
Nina M.

"FormAssembly and Salesforce "

What do you like best?

When I started using Form Assembly about nine months ago the support team was just awesome: always available, knowledgeable and courteous.

I also think that the Form Assembly is user friendly and easy to figure out and work with. They also have great online resources for users to find answer to their questions.

What do you dislike?

Improvement on the following areas could make Form Assembly even more powerful:

Formulas for connectors

Conditional rules interface could get a lot better: the print is very small and hard to read. scrolling up and down a long list is hard and time consuming.

I noticed that the support team is not as responsive as before, often I don't even see the chat bubble on my screen.

We have used Form Assembly to capture leads information and create records for them in Salesforce. For Preschool registration.

We also use the Form Assembly for our members change of status requests: cancellation, membership freeze, etc.

On occasion we have used Form Assembly for surveys.

FormAssembly review by Rupert B.
Rupert B.

"Deploy FormAssembly for easy Salesforce integration"

What do you like best?

FormAssembly is directly integrated with Salesforce both ways : lead capture forms drop into Salesforce, custom landing pages or contact preference forms are pre-filled with Salesforce contact data, and it also works well on mobile !

What do you dislike?

FormAssembly is very rich : don't run in to create a one-shot form; take time to learn by re-using templates or forms from one project with another.

One place for forms and landing pages, without fiddling with your own custom CSS and all that stuff

FormAssembly review by Sarah L.
Sarah L.

"Excellent tool for Salesforce users"

What do you like best?

FormAssembly has allowed me to automate so many processes in my team's workflow - the Salesforce connector is super powerful, and the support team is very available for troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

Once you have a lot of forms, managing them can be kind of a pain - you can't folder, only see your Active vs Archived forms.

All of our event registrations and fellowship applications are immediately available in Salesforce, no data upload or management required. The automation is a huge benefit.

FormAssembly review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"Very helpful solution"

What do you like best?

ability to easily import data into salesforce

What do you dislike?

Sometimes building the link to salesforce can be intense. I would also like the ability to trigger workflows when forms are submitted i.e. an application is approved and then the applicant gets the next form they will need to complete

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think through your use case first to make sure you are fully using the system properly

We are a non-profit and had to develop a system to stream line our grant application process.

FormAssembly review by Administrator

"Form Assembly"

What do you like best?

Form assembly is very easy to use. Very user friendly. The demo videos are a huge help when learning this system without any prior knowledge. I like that I was able to get the partner discount by using Sierra-Cedar. They are a great company to work with.

What do you dislike?

That it is difficult to switch between question types without having to re-add the options. One thing that is a little glitchy is the list option (ie: where you can upload a list of schools for example). It tends to double the schools a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FormAssembly is one of the easiest-to-use web form tool that i have used. They have a trial account option, that is risk free. So you can check to see if it meets your needs. There is no downside to trying it. It is a fantastic tool to have at your disposal.

The data that gets entered into the forms is clean and goes directly into Salesforce. It also has the data storied in the FA platform so if something with the connector goes wrong, the data is still there. I also love that it automatically creates charts and has the option to download the data into excel.

Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"FormAssembly for all your Salesforce needs"

What do you like best?

The FormAssembly integration with Salesforce blows the other products I've used out of the water. The lookups to records are intuitive and functional. Mapping fields is strait-forward, and allows formulas in the mapping rather than having hidden fields/data in the form. The prefill feature allows us to automate some of our more complex business processes, while keeping data clean. The conditional logic and formula possibilities in the form are endless! Lastly, their support is the best I've experienced in the industry... they're quick to respond to questions, help with formulas, and troubleshoot any bugs.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally get frustrated with the user interface and drag/drop fields. It's not always intuitive to get fields into the layout you're looking for. I think there is room for improvement when changing the appearance of the form... it's not very easy for those who don't have a lot of HTML skill

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're working with Salesforce, or need conditional logic that you haven't found possible with other systems, start a trial with FormAssembly and you'll know what to do.

We manage thousands of volunteers through the signup process with FormAssembly. We also have complex membership/donation forms that require a significant amount of conditional logic that other donation platforms couldn't handle. The preform feature is the added bonus to help us keep our data clean.

FormAssembly review by Mary Ann C.
Mary Ann C.

"Lots to learn, but lots of tutorials available."

What do you like best?

That there were tutorials available for me to teach myself.

What do you dislike?

That I did not learn right away that form assembly could 'pull' fields from Salesforce instead of having me create fields that would later need to be mapped to Salesforce fields. I think if our consultant had told me this first - and had me wait to start building forms until he had built the fields/tables in Salesforce, it would have been less work.

None so far, but I am told that once it's up an running, information entered by our clients will automagically be copied over to their files in Salesforce - one less opportunity for typos transferring information by hand.

FormAssembly review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use form builder for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Love that we can quickly and easily build a form for pushing data both in and out of salesforce. Oftentimes I have clients looking for an complex form building tool and I point them to FormAssembly. Other times, I have clients looking for an easy to use form building tool for their end users, and I also point them to FormAssembly! Mapping data is super simple, as well as building complex conditional pieces of forms.

What do you dislike?

Bringing in more than 10 records in a prefill becomes unusably slow. I always wish picklists would sync with Salesforce picklists so adjustments don't have to be done in both places.

We have used this mostly for event registrations and support requests, within the higher ed space in my consultancy, but we use it for Request for Information regularly, as well as event attendance, and other miscellaneous forms. Time to live is extremely quick!

FormAssembly review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Excellent for use with Salesforce!"

What do you like best?

I am able to create unique forms that 3rd parties can fill out. Once filled out it will automatically populate in the predesignated fields in Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

The website and instructions are not as user friendly in some respects. Initially you'll probably have to utilize some of the Q&A sections in order to figure out how to use certain features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initially I would suggest having tech support involved to setup some of the processes until you get the hand of using it. Creating the form is quite easy but connecting it to various applications can be a bit of a challenge.

We previously had to email realtors for a BPO. Once the BPO was received we would manually put certain data into a spreadsheet and then upload to Salesforce. Now we have a form that we sent to our realtors so that the data will automatically be loaded into Salesforce.

FormAssembly review by Tyler C.
Tyler C.

"Excellent Form Tool w/ Salesforce Connectivity"

What do you like best?

The ease of building forms. The learning curve is not very steep and complex forms with multiple conditional rules don't become disorganized in the builder.

What do you dislike?

Only negative would be that client-facing forms can have a basic look to them. The themes help, but it's difficult to build something "on brand".

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are investing in their support and documentation as well as the product.

Internal organization has improved dramatically and documentation has less errors.

FormAssembly review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Flexible, thoughtful, scalable integration of outside data to Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Forms are flexible, thorough, (and fun). I like that you can iterate through a project and test various parts of it including prefill and updating data to salesforce. Support is friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some complex reach-goals couldn't be easily met with the product out of the box - such as requiring the first of a potentially repeating field set.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Develop a clear use case that affects your bottom line or eliminates some inefficiencies right out of the gate - a quick win to demonstrate value.

Scaling our operation; empowering our customers to enter their data their way, ending up with clean, first-hand information reported with as few mistakes as possible.

Learn more about FormAssembly

FormAssembly Videos

Learning about FormAssembly?

* We monitor all FormAssembly reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.