Formstack

Formstack allows you to get more responses with smarter online forms.

Work for Formstack?

Learning about Formstack?

Formstack Reviews

Showing 132 Formstack reviews
Formstack review by Janira R.
Janira R.

"Great Document Collecting System"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to use this online platform. I use it to create templates to send out to stakeholders. The back-end is super easy to manage and exporting data is clean and easy. One thing I need to brush up on (but it's easy to refresh my memory) is creating the logic that connects questions to specific questions. For example, if answering "yes", then it directs to a series of questions different then if someone answers "no".

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular with the features. The only thing is whenever it updates the layout and set-up on the back-end, it confuses me since sections and/or buttons will be in different places.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to anyone who wants to spend less time reading instructions and HTML codes in order to create forms online. I am not the best when it comes to online platforms so this was an easy use.

This platform is great for collecting and organizing data. I export data in Excel form, but it can be pulled into PDF or two other formats that are user friendly. It doesn't, however, provide analytics, so that is something to consider doing separately.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Formstack
Formstack review by Jon A.
Jon A.

"Flexibility and responsive forms for any website"

What do you like best?

Formstack is a refined and flexible online form cloud based tool. You can quickly create and go live with your forms on any website. Formstack is mobile responsive and allows you to do real time testing while the form is live. There is no save button, which at first was unnerving, however as I've used the site I've gotten used to it automatically updating the form in real time!

What do you dislike?

When you delete a field inside of a form it deletes the data from your database. This can cause some issues if you decide to change a form, but still want to keep the data on their site. The only work around I have found is to simply "hide" the field. It's a simple work around, but is annoying because the field still appears in the backend form panel and you have to remember if it is hidden or live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend formstack if you are looking for a highly flexible, logic enabled responsive online form generator. You can create, alter and administrate forms for your entire organization with formstack!

We were searching for an integrated form for our wordpress website. Formstack provides a flexible, logic based form so we can any form sent to the right department without creating extra click points for our website users to have to jump through.

What Online Form Builder solution do you use?

Formstack review by Julio S.
Julio S.

"Did the trick, but I had to jump through some hoops."

What do you like best?

The WYSIWYG was very easy to use and was visually more appealing than some other platforms I tested.

What do you dislike?

I could not find the right form for what I needed out of it. I wanted to keep track of 60 chapter's events, about 20 events each chapter. The only form I was able to figure out, gave me a final product that I had to reformat in Excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will make your life easier if you are using word, or excel to track certain events from chapters or other offices. I cannot speak to surveying, as I did not use a survey.

It saved a time. The final reports were initiated in September and done by November. In the past, using a word document, the reports were done by April. Saved 6 months of time just by using an online form.

Formstack review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"We use Formstack every day and we love it! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy Formstack is to use. Building forms is a breeze , the support is great, and we love that it integrates seamlessly with Unbounce to give us quality, high converting lead pages. Formstack has helped us refine and define our lead capture process and following up with qualified prospects has become even easier.

What do you dislike?

We're happy with Formstack's functionality, however we're not a big fan of their updated Dashboard in the platform. We used to see a screenshot of big picture stats and our average conversion rate. Now we see a listing with each of our forms, but we don't feel like we're getting the value we used to get through this update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Formstack, I would recommend signing on for a free trial first so you can play around in it and see how easy it is to create forms and how your team could use the product most effectively. Feel free to make your own form templates with your brand's colors to really visualize how the forms could look and function.

We use Formstack for all of our lead capture across our whole website. Since starting with Formstack over a year ago, we're seen an average lead conversion rate of around 20 - 30% -- and these aren't just any leads, these are warm, marketing qualified leads.

Formstack review by Joy C.
Joy C.

"Helpful way to organize event registration, payment collections, surveys and event evaluations"

What do you like best?

The broad rage of uses. Formstack was very useful in helping my team and I coordinate a variety of events.

What do you dislike?

Working through the new updates took time

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have many events to plan and a broad rage of people to reach formstack is a great resource. Their support team is very prompt in answering questions about set up and errors. Really get to know how to use the program before using it on your own because there are so many resources and helpful details to learn that will help you use the program well.

We have solved many business problems using formstack. Collecting payments has been easier, advertising to 21st century college students and being able to provide links right away to fill out forms of all types that they can access from their phone, computer or one of our team's computers. Building forms is confusing at first but once you learn your way around the program it's benefits are great.

Formstack review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Forms made easy in Salesforce!"

What do you like best?

We use FormStack for Salesforce, and the ease-of-use is exceptional. I went from getting 2-3 submission errors daily on our previous service to getting 1-2 per WEEK with FormStack.

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to get the initial setup completed, but the customer service was really fast and throrough, so I was able to work through any problems quickly.

One way that we use FormStack is to allow volunteers to begin their registration process through an online form. This sends the info directly into Salesforce, where our registrar is able to then use a customized Path to follow the steps necessary for efficiently register and onboard new volunteer teams.

Formstack review by Jared W.
Jared W.

"Great form builder with full customization and integrations"

What do you like best?

Ability to integrate with Salesforce and assign a contact to multiple campaigns, highly customizable, easy to use, multiple users, groups, number of premade templates. One of the best features is the ability to build dropdown lists with standard answer options and then update that single field w/o updating all forms.

What do you dislike?

Surveys are not the best quality with limited questions and needs that didn't fit our requirements. Other than that, the program serves more than our needs for form building.

Integrations with Salesforce and Pardot are much easier for our Wordpress page design. After previously using another form builder and the errors it produced, we have been able to remove the errors, have a more responsive form, and increase conversions.

Formstack review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"There hasn't been anything I couldn't do that I've needed to with formstack. "

What do you like best?

Formstack is highly customizable and easy to use. I can do everything I need with formstack and have been using advanced forms with their service. Formstack automates a ton of processes for us both internally and externally which makes our life easier and our business thrive.

What do you dislike?

Intricate forms can take a lot of time to set up. The integrations if done through zapier are also sometimes difficult and take some time to flush out when utilizing an outside source such as zapier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn the ins and outs and the tool will be invaluable.

Lead Generation, Approvals, Project Management, Internal Process Refinement, Email signups, Order forms, customer surveys.

Formstack review by Abbey S.
Abbey S.

"Formstack is intuitive, reliable surveying"

What do you like best?

Formstack is so simple and easy to use. We set up one form style, and most of the time build custom forms as we're using the product primarily for surveys. I love that all of the data is stored associated with the form, and we can repurpose the same form for months / years without the data moving. Building a form with the drag and drop form builder is so quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

My only feedback would be that I love the graphs, and I wish there were additional formatting options available. Sometimes a bar or pie chart isn't quite the right fit to display our data. I love that in the individual submission viewer for matrix questions, you can visually see the matrix and how the customer responded to each question. I'd love to see this at the form aggregate level, too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is basically no setup or implementation time - just create a form and send it. I love how simple and easy that is. I don't need to spend hours of my day formatting surveys!

We primarily use Formstack for repeat customer surveys (i.e. after each training event, we send the same survey) as well as one off customer surveys (i.e. choose the feature you like best). We also survey prospective customers asking for product feedback using Formstack. The benefits of the data staying in one place are just terrific.

Formstack review by John D.
John D.

"Formstack has changed the way our school operates"

What do you like best?

I like how you can build forms that walk people through the process of registration.

I like the integration with other tools like Paypal, and Freshbooks.

What do you dislike?

The lack of support and ability to talk through ideas and ways to use the tool. There is never anyone that I can talk to about our goals, about our hopes, and our needs. I can search through the FAQ's and sort out most problems, but I have very extensive forms and ways that we want to use it for our school/district and beyond, but no one to help us do that. In fact, it has caused me to look at new options. I would like forms to be able to switch languages without doing a whole new form. I would love to understand the sharing/access portion of the data. I don't like that the output looks so square and not visually modern or appealing. I would like the tools to search through a database of info to populate parts of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Formstack is a great tool and has saved us hundreds of hours and generated thousands of dollars in increased sales. You need to have a technical/logical person to set it up, and it does not have a strong support system if there are problems or you just need help figuring something out.

I used this to make our school registration system for students paperless, and continue to create tools to sell items to the students.

Formstack review by Mary K.
Mary K.

"Formstack for GP Schools"

What do you like best?

As a form builder, I enjoy the fact that I can put together an online form rather quickly with the easy to use drag and drop features. Also the integration to our PayPal account works great! The logic helps to make an intelligent form and the workflow is convenient for some of our departments. We use over 90 forms now in our school district which helps parents pay for items with ease. Reports of data are perfect for presentation.

What do you dislike?

On many occasions I need to add pictures of items, either for sale or to display something and manipulating images is not a friendly feature. Adding an online store that connects to the forms would be ideal! At one time Formstack had a beta store which I used for our Summer School program.

As a school district, we have limited funds which doesn't allow us to use the Formstack portals. If they weren't so expensive I can see they would definitely be an advantage in our Curriculum department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Formstack. It's actually fun to work with!

Less paper, convenience for front end users to enter the data. The data collected is organized. Each department using forms has less work to do to gather the paper and checks. The approvals are definitely an advantage right within the email.

Formstack review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Using Formstack"

What do you like best?

Formstack is an easy to use program - it's easy to get started, easy to figure out, easy to build forms and easy to publish to the web. You can enable various security features in order to keep the bots away. The conditional logic feature makes asking "drill down" questions simple. Highly recommend this application to anyone who wants to get answers from their customer base relatively quickly.

What do you dislike?

Creating themes can sometimes be challenging when you try to fine tune the layout. The logic used to "move" objects from A to B can sometimes require you to move the mouse in microscopic increments in order to have the item appear exactly where you want it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research first. Take advantage of the trials offered by Formstack and their competitors and fully evaluate your needs and how well they are met.

We are using Formstack to gauge customer satisfaction levels. We are able to identify pain points through the use of surveys and correct internally before they become larger problems.

Formstack review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"endlessly helpful"

What do you like best?

If I didn't have Formstack we'd either have to contract with a freelance developer to build forms, or I'd have to learn to do it myself. Either one of these options would take away a huge amount of time, and Formstack completely solves this problem. It's incredibly versatile and there are very few limits to what you can do with it using conditional logic. Integrations are incredibly simple, and it's Level 1 PCI/HIPAA Compliant, which is huge.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were possible to copy and paste logic from one individual question to another. You can apply logic to an entire section easily, but within that section, if you want some but not all questions to follow a certain logic, you have to re-create that logic step-by-step for each individual question. A "Get Logic From ..." function would be a huge time-saver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I unequivocally recommend Formstack for anyone who needs an affordable online form-building service. It's easy to learn, it's secure, and it can do nearly anything you need it to do.

We didn't have anyone on staff who knew how to build online forms from scratch, so having an easy, secure way to do it using Formstack was a godsend, and has saved us a very large amount of money. Our university uses Formstack for conference and continuing education registration, Admissions questionnaires, housing registration, and HR/Benefits enrollment. I expect more areas to follow suit, as we've had great success with it.

Formstack review by James V.
James V.

"Formstack is the ultimate online forms solution!"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the design options makes creating forms and surveys simple and most effective!

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I dislike about the product!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a University or College - this is the way to go to get rid of paper forms and become completely virtual!!

As an Registrar's Office within an Institution of Higher Education, perfection in record keeping is key. By eliminating paper forms and moving everything to online formats, we have eliminated waste and have decreased the potential for error substantially! We are able to maintain copies of submitted data for reporting purposes and the ability to image returns eliminates the need for "filing" of paper documents any longer. Because of the success that the Registrar's Office has had, our entire Institution is now using the Formstack platform and has seen many of the same benefits.

We get more and more creative with Formstack as each day passes and as we become more "expert" in the development of online forms and surveys.

I'm not sure how we would operate without it at this point!!!

Formstack review by Ty T.
Ty T.

"Formstack User Experience"

What do you like best?

I've used Formstack since 2009 and have found the best feature is the versatility and variety of field options offered (calculated, conditional logic, matrix, dropdowns, etc.). Additionally, the integrations have been incredibly helpful connecting/automating form data to other applications/programs (ex: lead to CRM, payment processing, etc...)

What do you dislike?

The user interface, on occasion, has been glitchy but I'm not sure if that is a browser issue or not (I switch back and forth from Safari and Chrome). Working with sections and duplicating fields get hung up every now and then but nothing that has shut down form production. The analytics (charts and graphs) are pretty basic and a little challenging to use to get the right visual.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a new Formstack user, I would make sure that their existing data management (lead gen, survey, payment portal) integrates with Formstack. If you use a CRM, new Formstack user need to understand how Formstack pushes form data into their existing system.

The business problems that Formstack helps with in our businesses is the ability to automate form data to business owners, customers, internal use. Eliminating manual data entry has streamlined lead notifications and quicker follow up, market trends and intelligence. My business deals with multiple affiliated companies who use their own CRM systems and have their own best practices for lead and general business data capturing. Formstack's integration and web hook options has made it possible to distribute notifications and form data to multiple companies that run on different systems.

Formstack review by Allen B.
Allen B.

"Fantastic Form Building Software"

What do you like best?

Formstack's Pardot integration makes it incredibly easy to spin up any custom form that we want and then pipe that into a Pardot form handler for our marketing automation. This combined with their drag-and-drop form builder has made them a vital part of our marketing stack.

Also want to mention that the "Partial Submissions" feature has been great in not only getting information from otherwise dropped leads, but we can now also gain more insight into what is causing them to bail.

What do you dislike?

Customizing forms is a little limited, at least for someone wanting to just apply their own custom CSS and HTML. The theme editor gets the job done but I would like to be able to just have a barebones form that I can skin with only our own stylesheets instead of having to override the defaults.

With the Partial Submissions feature we can now capture leads that would've otherwise been lost. Sometimes people bail because they aren't ready to make a decision yet, there could be technical hiccups or they just forget to hit submit. This grants us the ability to follow up with those would-be lost leads.

Formstack review by Arthur Thomas H.
Arthur Thomas H.

"Quick and easy form configuration"

What do you like best?

UI is very slick and responsive. Building forms is simple yet powerful. Many backend configuration options cover everything we've needed so far. Routing and logic options are there too. Templates and embed code make it easy to apply branding to our forms.

What do you dislike?

We need a better way to integrate data with our internal systems. The API likely allows for this, but it involves heavier development than we've been able to invest in Formstack so far. Also, there's no preview or delay when a change is made. Usually that's fine, but there are cases when we'd like to do some testing when modifying an existing form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visit support.formstack.com and start a free trial

We're managing our forms for multiple departments and we now have a way to review all forms in one place and tell if they are being used. We can easily remove or update forms as needed and report on submissions to our internal partners. We're also keeping everything within our current website rather than having to link to external URLs, i.e. Google Docs.

Formstack review by Phillip O.
Phillip O.

"Awesome performance"

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to fully automate a form system within my company utilizing the formstack application. I have created a series of forms that are set and forget. The system was only possible because of the facilitation provided by formstack.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that I had to use web merge to get my form made into a PDF file as it appears on the actual formstack application. Also I didn't like that the attachments weren't able to be added to webmerge. If added an option for attachment on formstack, I wasn't getting it emailed to me I am having to log into formstack to retrieve. Other than that formstack truly has no complaint from MT Texas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

na

We use formstack for our vendor audit system. This has offered our vendors simplicity and a quick means to submit our vendor audit. It has fully removed the need to paper print anything. Without formstack we would still be stuck in the stone age of printing, signing, and scanning a form.

Formstack review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Wonderful!"

What do you like best?

I love the interface. I have used this program to completely refine the processes and workflow of the school to a degree where they believe I'm indispensable; couldn't have done that without Formstack! I like the ability to integrate payments and run various types of forms through filtering of choices. It allows me to have a single database of information, pulled into a CSV file or (as I am prone) onto a Sheets page that has a couple filters in place to organize the database. I didn't have to spend money on a CRM because I was able to create what we needed based on the features open to us already on Formstack.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I have moments where I get frustrated, but these can be attributed to downtime and they usually work these issues out quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what you want to do before signing up. You will spend a short time learning the product and exploring features, but will lose time if you don't know your direction. I would also recommend to have more than one user - don't pin it all on one person, especially if you are unfamiliar with the intregratable options.

All of them. Admissions, HR, applications, registrations for parents, I used Formstack and the integrations for nearly my entire department. I am a director of communications, marketing, and technology and with formstack, I can viably be the only one in my department and not go insane!

Formstack review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"The last form provider I'll ever use!"

What do you like best?

Love Formstack! We switched from Wufoo and haven't looked back. While the investment was a bit steeper, it was worth it. The user-interface is extremely intuitive; multiple team members including myself were able to jump in right away with minimal orientation/training. We've had no issues with the service or support whatsoever.

What do you dislike?

If only to be nitpicky, canned reporting would be nice (conversions this month, conversions last week, etc.) rather than having to manually set the date range. Some sort of safeguard against bogus form completions (asdfasfj@asf;sdfsd.com) would be nice as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While you easily import from other providers, be sure to do a stand-alone export from your previous provider so that you have old form completions on file.

Prior to using Formstack, our form/landing page conversion rates had to be calculated manually. Now, detailed analytics are front and center. We couldn't do A/B testing on our forms either, and now we can optimize.

Formstack review by Amber M.
Amber M.

"I love Formstack "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to setup and customize forms.

What do you dislike?

It can be annoying when updating confirmation emails to have to update the code separately for each and every one. It would be awesome if there were templates that you could use on all your forms then you could update the header/footer for all emails at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Formstack has so much great functionality and with every new release things get better and easier to use. I especially love the upgrades they just added to their confirmation emails. Now it's easier than ever to see which fields are not merged properly which is a huge win since we often copy confirmation emails from other forms to have a base to use.

We are using Formstack to accept donations from stakeholders and also to allow our stakeholders to purchase event tickets for certain events throughout the year.

Formstack review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Forms are sometimes Great other times not so much"

What do you like best?

If you are doing basic forms with a few fields and that is all you need I could see using this program.

What do you dislike?

Support is horrible. It can take a week to get anything done. You have to email back and forth and the rep doesn't spend any effort on figuring it out. It also is glitchy sometimes you have to leave the page and come back in order for it to allow you to keep working. It will also move fields around on you for no reason. The logic is also an issue on complex forms it cannot handle it well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't expect to get help

I use them with Zapier to get the forms into Salesforce.

Formstack review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Nails the basics, but customization isn't easy"

What do you like best?

The form builder is pretty intuitive. It's easy to create the form or survey fields that you want. It integrates with a lot of other marketing tools, which has been convenient for me. My company uses Hubspot and Formstack plays very nicely with Hubspot.

What do you dislike?

Implementing any branching logic is a fairly tedious process. Customizing the design may require some technical resources on your part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that any integrations you plan to use function the way that you expect them to. It took a little while for us to dial in our integrations and to understand the limitations of Formstack when it came to specific implementations that we had conceived prior to signing up.

We use Formstack for our onboarding survey that all users see right after they sign up for a free trial of our SaaS product. We were able to hook in data from our database related to the new trial customer and then pass all relevant data to Hubspot for marketing automation purposes. At around 170 new signups per day, this has been a key touchpoint for our business and Formstack has delivered.

Formstack review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Great program for simple or advanced forms"

What do you like best?

We use formstack for a variety of internal and external forms. The external is great for customers and the internal forms are used for submitting task requests.

What do you dislike?

The saving of the program could be improved. Sometimes it takes a little long to update the changes you just made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its is a great program for creating different types of forms. You can customize each form for auto-responses. We use the forms for task and assignment requests internally and it is a great workflow system to keep track of incoming requests.

We use it for online form submissions for permits, registrations, etc... and collect payment online as well. It syncs with our Credit Card processor First Data just fine. Formstack has helped streamline our internal task/assignment request system so we are not missing anything now. External customers love the simplicity of the online form and that the form goes to the specific person within the organization.

Formstack review by Jenifer J.
Jenifer J.

"Great capabilities but it could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that with Formstack, I can easily poll and get responses from the team and outside clients which helps us not only improve our scope but also increases engagement. Additionally , I also enjoy that responses are automatically sent where they need to go which helps me because I don't have to micromanage whats going on.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I disliked most was the lack and hassle integration with other software. I need a software which I can connect and go , unfortunately I didn't find that with Formstack , however the software is decent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider other options prior to settling.

Polling and product engagement

Formstack review by Emma R.
Emma R.

"Customized Forms"

What do you like best?

Formstack is a great program that allows us to customize forms. We can then easily distribute and route the responses, send notification emails and take appropriate action based upon those responses. We like that you can create conditional questions based upon the questions completed, which is a big time saver at the users end. Additionally, it's great having the ability to export all the responses into Excel where we can further analyze or organize the data as needed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the published form itself looks a little basic. It would be nice to have more control over how the finished product looks. While I feel Formstack gives us a professional appearance to customers by simply having the form, having the ability to customize the look to be more in line with our own company aesthetic (like our website or letterhead) would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Formstack is a really good option for surveys and data collection. I'd recommend requesting a demo and just tooling around the program awhile. It is easy to use, and mostly intuitive, though there are some areas you have to dig into a little more to see that it is working the way you would like it to. But once you figure it out, it is an easy program to work in.

We use Formstack in various applications. Engraving requests, employee surveys, travel information, incentive trip data. Sending out a link to have people complete the form themselves puts the onus on the person to key the information as they want it, not the employee who could accidentally enter a typo.

Formstack review by Adam H.
Adam H.

"Easy to use, flexible and expandable form platform! "

What do you like best?

I've been using Formstack for almost three years and it keeps getting better. What I like best is it's incredibly flexible platform. I've been able to create everything from a simple lead capture to and advanced registration form for an event. It also plays nice with embedding in out website. My team also leans into it's extensive integrations with other web services.

What do you dislike?

In general Formstack has been really reliable and easy to figure out how to use. As some features have changed or added it has created a level of complexity. Most times you can figure it out but has been a frustration at times.

The problems we are solving are event registration, contact forms, and lead generation. We really use the logic flow to route contact requests or leads to the proper person/dept.

Formstack review by David S.
David S.

"Works so well, we rebuilt our University's online application on Formstack"

What do you like best?

Formstack is a relatively intuitive form-builder with a powerful feature set - namely, conditional logic. We had been using another service for a year or so before migrating all of our online forms to Formstack, and I've found the interface to stand head and shoulders above other options. Adding logic/rules for fields or whole sections of fields is simple; online payment integrations work well; and other tricks and treats such as discount codes and autofills are really great features that allow us to quickly build robust forms.

What do you dislike?

As with most anything, a few quirks have popped up from time to time that have caused some frustration, but they are relatively few and far between. Nothing that we haven't been able to work around without making significant compromises.

I oversee the website for a small private university. Over the past several years, the demand has sky-rocketed for online forms for handling event registrations, inquiries, surveys, and a everything else under the sun. Formstack has helped us meet this demand, giving us the ability to easily create forms and embed them on our website. After creating a number of fairly complex forms, we decided to rebuild our online applications for admission using Formstack. There are a few minor features that we lost by making the move, but the benefits we gained by changing our applications to the new platform more than make up for it (mobile-friendly; show/hide fields in real-time based on previous selections; the ability to easily customize and route different notifications based on user input, etc.)

Formstack review by Kow S.
Kow S.

"Working with Formstack has been a pleasant experience "

What do you like best?

Support is very responsive and get back to us in a timely manner.

Continous improvement and addition of new features and enhancements

What do you dislike?

Takes a while to fix bugs in the system once they have been reported. E.g: We have been dealing with an SSO issue for some time now, it was fixed but another issue arose regarding SSO.

Limitations with Formstack workflow (e.g: not able to set triggers between steps, not able to stop a workflow if denied at any step before completion, no automatic pdf export, no flexibility in how exported pdf looks. Some of the integrations are outdated. Zendesk integration does not use OAuth so we cannot use it currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product, loved by all our users

Paper forms and manual processes for approving paper forms and requests. We would like to streamline the process of people getting requests approved.

Formstack review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"Formstack is an innovator"

What do you like best?

They are continually moving forward with the product. It has been almost as if they were psychic -- releasing new features as fast as I think of a need for them as a customer (and many other new features I had not thought of, as well).

What do you dislike?

One of their recent redesigns of their interface was not an improvement. It caused a loss of productivity. Going back to use the prior interface was not an option. They eventually fixed it, but it was annoying for a month or so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can ask them anything. Ask about a new feature, how to use a feature, an idea that you have. They have multiple avenues of support: phone, email, online form. And they have responded very quickly and thoroughly to me in all avenues I have tried and with every question I've asked.

we have people from all over the university campus who come to us with requests for web registration and payment forms, who have not planned in advance. In terms of traditional form development times, they were giving us ridiculously short notice. With formstack, however, a form that is full-featured and has good quality, and is totally robust, can be developed in minutes (or, for fairly complex forms in a few hours at most).

For all of these people, rather than telling them: "It's too late. Try planning ahead and giving us lots of advance notice for next year's event." we can tell them that if they will work with us, we can meet their need. It results in much better service to the campus.

Formstack review by Josh H.
Josh H.

"Formstack runs our business"

What do you like best?

Formstack is incredibly flexible. As business that runs lean we need our tools to allow us to quickly iterate, play well with others, and be easy for any of our non-technical staff to use. Formstack does all three with ease, but also has a lot of ability for those with some technical chops (like me) to customize things. It really is the best of both worlds.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you can't back-up your submissions in the app. Yes, you can export data through integrations now...but...it would be nice to know I could restore stuff in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get the most bang for your buck with the highest plan. Not having to worry about themes, users, and forms allows you to just get creative and implement.

We use Formstack for lead gen, internal process (like HR), and our operations. It has helped to quickly test out and refine new processes without having to build software.

The fact that it integrates with Salesforce, Active Campaign, and Zapier (along with a ton of other Marketing Automation Platforms / CRMs / etc.) allows us to push data all over the place from a single capture point.

Formstack review by Donna W.
Donna W.

"We are extremely happy with FormStack. It's ease of use and functionality has been great ."

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Customization of emails

Routing

Appearance

Approval Process

New PDF Export of Forms

Ability to link or embed the code on a web page

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I do not like. It would be nice if the export form looked like the form itself. The ability to merge the data into a document from within the program would be another great feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy way to collect and document data, Formstack is an easy and affordable option for K-12 Education.

We use the form for online applications, online request for data security permission changes, request for network and email accounts, proposals to present, requests for quotes, and more. Documentation and routing the information to the right person are the greatest benefits.

Formstack review by Josh K.
Josh K.

"Very Strong and Versatile Form Builder"

What do you like best?

They have a good variety of fields types available and a very strong Salesforce integration.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes editing the form can be a little wonky in that it might not save correctly and dragging fields around sometimes can be hard. The UI in the Salesforce integration page can be a little hard to manage when you're creating more than one or two records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do the trial and see if it works.

Several.

I use Formstack internally and within integrated solutions for our clients at Octiv.

Here are a couple examples:

1. A sales rep is at a trade show to close business (not just market or generate leads) and they need both a document generated with all the correct information along with all of the correct records in Salesforce created with the data. We were able to design a solution using Formstack and Octiv to give the rep a very simple form to fill out, generate a complex document with that data and then push the data to Salesforce. In this interaction, an Opportunity, it's parent Account, four Contact records linked to the Account and the correlating OpportunityContactRoles records are all created at the same time.

2. Using an Octiv document is a great way to deliver a trackable, legal document to your customer, but what if you need to collect information from your customer, rather than only delivering information. Using Formstack to create a form, you can embed your form within your Octiv document to collect that information.

This could be billing information, interest related information, or really anything else.

Formstack review by User

"For one stop reviews"

What do you like best?

I like that once you complete your portion of a form, it is automatically sent off to the next individual who needs to complete it and they are sent an email verification linking them directly to the portion to fill out.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot stop and save your work after you start typing, you must finish the form in the same long in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

give it time to get used to. It seems clunky at first but soon it makes your paper tracking less miserable. recommend for sure.

Solving problem of using actual papers to track things and papers get lost etc. Formstack has allowed it to become electronic

Formstack review by Will V.
Will V.

"Fantastic solution for rapid development of fully functional forms by non-technical people"

What do you like best?

Fast, non-technical development of forms. We use Salesforce and Dropbox integrations, and have used others in the past. Overall, they work well.

What do you dislike?

Few options for scripting or making form fields dynamic, inventory control, etc. It would also be excellent to be able to write our own integration pieces. Perhaps there are some options for that we haven't yet explored. This is nitpicking, but the date field is not the most intuitive to use (there's no option to have users just type a date into a text box).

We use Formstack for nearly all of our external-facing forms. We have realized faster development time and easier changes to forms, allowing our development team to focus on other tasks.

Formstack review by David F.
David F.

"Music for All/Bands of America"

What do you like best?

Incredibly user friendly - both for users completing forms and while building forms on the back-end. There are many options for types of questions and using different logic to make your forms as custom as possible.

What do you dislike?

Would love to have the option to sort submissions by multiple field options without needing to export data (not just by submission date/time)

Being able to connect Formstack with other online services we use such as Dropbox

Formstack review by Steve U.
Steve U.

"Transformed Data Collection"

What do you like best?

The form build and admin tools are easy to use. Form building is as simple as drag and drop. Intuitive design and functionality.

What do you dislike?

Must have an internet connection. Does not have offline functionality which limits use for remote users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, very cost effective, vastly improves the efficiency of data collection and saves valuable time and money over paper data collection.

Almost eliminated the use of paper for health and safety data collection and created an interactive relationship between the compliance management team and field personnel. Greatly enhanced the collection and evaluation of compliance key performance indicators. Has made our compliance management system actually capable of performing it's designed function and vastly improved the efficiency of field data input.

Formstack review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Well Designed Online Form Software"

What do you like best?

Integrates easily with other services, well designed, and easy to use. Very flexible and its logic options are excellent for designing complicated forms or making them cleaner. I also enjoy the notification options. Also, the forms are mobile optimized regardless of where embedded. I like that you can also embed forms on your website directly, or link directly to your form online. You also have some flexibility in designing the look and feel of your form.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the designing of the form look and feel were a little easier or flexible. It's a little rigid, especially if you're trying to match a look and feel on your own website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, there's a trial option, and if you're a non-profit, they do provide a discount.

Providing a solution for online payments and sign up forms for events and registration.

Formstack review by Amy C.
Amy C.

"We LOVE Formstack!"

What do you like best?

Formstack is a multi-purpose form building tool! Anything you can think of to use a "form" for -- it can be built with Formstack - from registration forms to surveys -- it is a one-stop, all-inclusive tool. And -- the integrations are OUTSTANDING!

What do you dislike?

Because of the power and all the options available -- the learning curve for SOME PEOPLE to add logic or detailed rules for responses may take a little longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is hands down the best FORM tool out there!

Initially we were looking for a registration form with an integration that allowed online payments. We now, however USE IT FOR EVERYTHING that needs to be "collected" and stored in fields.

Formstack review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Easy to use for as powerful as it is."

What do you like best?

That parents can sign permissions and pay from one form. Also the ease of looking at completed forms in one spot, and ability to modify what you can see at a quick glance.

What do you dislike?

I would like there to be saved logic lists to make it easier to create forms with logics. Or the ability to copy them within sections. Right now it's rather cumbersome.

Also, autofill hasn't been working on some of the forms, not sure if we need to create the forms in a different way or not.

I use this at a non-profit with a lot of youth activities. The ability for parents to sign up kids and pay without having to print off a permission form, find thier checkbook, or the kids losing forms on the way home, has lead to a much easier sign up process.

Also, being able to forward forms to leaders has been nice, we haven't had to use one, but if a leader ever did need to take a kid to the ER it will be more seamless.

Formstack review by Becky H.
Becky H.

"Formstack Meets all our College Advancement Office Needs"

What do you like best?

I am able to quickly prepare an online form to respond to changing needs at our college.

What do you dislike?

Filtering responses is a little odd (compared to other database programs) - but once you go through the process a time or two, it makes sense. I usually have to explain the process when I authorize a new user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ability to add data fields that can only be seen and accessed by users.

Example: a high school student makes a scholarship application. Our office needs to track the students GPA, hours, ACT scores, etc. We cannot add this in until the application is closed.

We use Formstack to streamline processes that require approval. Before, the process was paper. Formstack allows the request to be vetted and approved by the appropriate committee very efficiently. Formstack also provides "built-in" record keeping of our processed - essential for any college accreditation.

Personally, Formstack has reduced my workload with scholarships. As the manager of our college's scholarship program, I had been using Adobe Forms, and before that a very clunky online form-building process provided by our system office. Since moving to Formstack, processing the 1300+ scholarship applications has become much easier - no more issues with our college or high school firewalls, servers down, etc.

Formstack review by Administrator in Philanthropy
Administrator in Philanthropy

"We continue to find new ways to utilize Formstack to make our organization more efficient."

What do you like best?

Formstack makes tasks that could be complex surprisingly easy. We continue to find new ways to utilize the product from standard forms that we use, event RSVPs, event fundraising, complex applications, and more.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if features that were not available to our package were not advertised as if they were a feature only to click on a link to add something and be directed to an upgrade page. I would also love a way for a form to be exported as if it were a paper form rather than a two-column spreadsheet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost was an issue for us. As a non-profit, a discount was also considered during our search.

We were able to eliminate paper applications for grantmaking and scholarships which can include many uploaded documents and be fairly long. The logic helps make the applications very clear for those applying and removing any confusion that could exist by saying "skip to question X if no..." applied for an applicant. We have reduced our paper usage and applicant/user satisfaction by having an easy format and save/resume.

Formstack review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Formstack is a life saver!"

What do you like best?

To say Formstack is easy to use is an understatement. the drag and drop features and helpful walk through's are very user friendly. I was able to teach myself some of the advanced features in under an hour. I was in a bind when Adobe Forms Central was retired, and I was concerned about the learning curve associated with trying a new product This is so much better than anything else I have used!

What do you dislike?

Although it is a fair price, I think the platinum or gold memberships could come down a little or the form restrictions in entry level packages could be raised.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this a try and I know you will like it. Their staff is also easy to work with if you have questions or concerns,

Utilizing Formstack we were able to take our antiquated paper forms and go virtually all digital. It is accurate, professional, and really made us look like we were ahead of the game.

Formstack review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Formstack allowed us to go quick to market instead of trying to build in-house"

What do you like best?

Formstack has a powerful enough engine and amount of customization to allow it to be a useful tool even in scenarios such as ours where the use case is a little bit outside of the box. The ability to leverage logic is a tremendous value add as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to create a portal so anonymous users can view the status of a given form (or all forms). Additionally, the ability to do multi-field questions and percentage of whole would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out thoroughly. We looked at a few different options and though Formstack wasn't perfect for our use case, they were the closest. Don't be afraid to reach out to support. They will be very honest with you in terms of capabilities and future plans.

We use Formstack for 2 distinct projects. The first is for our internal employee feedback form. The second is to gather design specifications from our customers.

Formstack review by Laurance J. S.
Laurance J. S.

"Formstack Power"

What do you like best?

Flexible tool for gathering all types of data. Templates make many tasks easy and new workflows make it more efficient. Easy integration with other tools and sites. allows multiple users to see what is happening at a glance.

What do you dislike?

Limited users. Pricing is a bit steep though they do work with nonprofits. Most features are not available at the base level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know what you what from this product.

Easy form building and data collection. Been very informative and accessible.

Formstack review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Efficiency of Company Processes"

What do you like best?

Where do I start? First, the fact that Formstack has streamlined our information gathering from the employee population. Our HR department has been able to eliminate paper and PDF forms printed, scanned, emailed, or faxed. The simple email delivery and database collection of information has made our department's efficiency rise and missing forms decrease.

What do you dislike?

We were unable to use our own company email for the return emails and notifications. Working with our IT and Formstack support, we had to find a workaround that includes using a GMAIL account. While it is not ideal, it has worked.

Accuracy and efficiency of obtaining data from our employees. Reduced error and form loss.

Formstack review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"My Go To Form Builder"

What do you like best?

I chose Formstack over Wufoo as my "go to" fool for form building years ago. I appreciate how easy and robust the form builder is to use, the advanced conditions that I can apply to forms, and features like file upload and signature gathering.

I make heavy use of the notification emails and customize different emails based on the form submission. I also use Formstack along with Zapier to take additional actions with submitted information.

What do you dislike?

This isn't really Formstack's fault, but it's frustrating to embed forms into websites that use ASP.Net.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you don't use Zapier, Formstack offers 35+ third-party integrations with other software products. Take a look and you may find opportunities to get even more value from your subscription.

I use Formstack primarily as a form building tool, not a lead conversion tool, and take heavy advantage of it's ability to integrate with other software via Zapier.

Formstack review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Formstack delivers on flexibility and usability"

What do you like best?

Formstack's user interface is incredibly easy to use. It offers a lot of flexibility to set up forms and to manage information flow with submissions.

What do you dislike?

I really wish they had a calendar function that would allow users to black out dates not available for registration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on competing products. We didn't find anything remotely this good for the cost. Also, be sure to have 1-2 administrators of the Formstack account to troubleshoot and build forms on behalf of your organization.

We needed great, mobile-friendly webforms that didn't require hand-coding or local hosting. Formstack forms have been rock-solid and the customer support is top-notch.

Formstack review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Basic Formstack review "

What do you like best?

I like being able to create different categories for each event, and have them come to different email address as far as who is running each individual event as a whole it is a user friendly software.

What do you dislike?

While as a whole Formstack is user friendly as far as clicking though and buttons are clearly labeled, the nuts and bolts can be tedious. For example with logic I have to click close twice and go back and add though on each individually. On a form with multiple participants it's a longer processes and its easy to miss a step and have the fromstack publish incorrectly before it is caught.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth using makes the registration process easier, does take some getting used to but if you are creating a lot of similar forms you'll pick up quickly on the details and quirks of the logic and formulas needed.

I use formstack for registration to different events throughout the year, it allows for us to separate registration by event, rep and even further once they are printed off.

Formstack review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"So user friendly, anyone can do it!"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the drag and drop options. Formstack is so incredibly easy to use and we have moved most of our clients over to this platform. I love how editable everything is right down to the themes to match the website.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more options, but honestly I have no complaints. The ease of use makes my life so much easier!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We were having a problem with our own forms in our CMS send out confirmation emails. So, we have switched our clients to Formstack, so they will receive the confirmation emails. Our clients seem to prefer the look of Formstack over our own forms, and we always want to make our clients happy.

Formstack review by Adam Middlesworth F.
Adam Middlesworth F.

"Great Professional Looking Form Software"

What do you like best?

Formstack looks extremely professional looking form software.

What do you dislike?

I prefer wufoo's real time updates on when forms are submitted. It makes it much easier as a business owner to follow up with leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really like Formstack and the professional look of the software application. The ease of use of this product to make a professional looking application for my business is priceless. The real time feedback of when a lead submits a form is critical to the conversion process. Formstack is a fantastic option for this!

I use forms in my business as a way to have new prospects apply for my programs. The faster I can follow up with a lead, the better I can convert them into clients.

Formstack review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Formstack Review"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to set up forms with Formstack, and the logic capabilities are pretty good as well. It's making our team's efficiency and productivity increase exponentially, and ensures that information is being passed along in the processes exactly as submitted. Love that we can customize the form with our company branding to ensure we align with our corporate brand at all times.

What do you dislike?

There really need to be more customization of fields and logic, and it would be really nice if fields would take the place of hidden fields in the live form, rather than just having random empty spaces where hidden fields are (even though they're not showing). Don't love the limitations of calculations and logic. Would really love if I could use line items more easily in certain circumstances. Long forms kinda suck!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Formstack is great for simple forms! For what our company is doing with them, there are a few missing pieces that Formstack doesn't have yet, but we're managing with them relatively well so far, given the capabilities it DOES have. Definitely worth starting with, though!

Staff can submit jobs and service requests much faster, all information is input in one place and then can be distributed automatically to all relevant parties in whichever process is being deployed. Everyone gets the same information exactly as it was submitted so there is very little room for confusion in terms of who said what to whom.

Formstack review by Tim R.
Tim R.

"Highly functional, reliable, feature-heavy. Overall solid."

What do you like best?

It just works beautifully! The logical jumps are really great.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit of a challenge to make forms look good, or at least it's a challenge for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the trial a whirl and play around.

We changed from a pricier online membership application system/database that was more restricted to a far cheaper formstack subscription. It's more customizable and costs us less per month.

Formstack review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Formstack is incredibly useful for my business"

What do you like best?

I love that I can edit, copy and reuse forms over and over again and that it keeps up with all of my past entries that I can refer to year after year.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike, but I wish going back to folders (since I share with several other members in our office) was easier rather than going all the way back then picking the column I wish to go to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give Formstack a try when collecting data

We are able to go paperless, which is great for the environment and budget.

We can also ask parents at practice or games to fill out a required form instead of trying to go and print something out resulting in their child not playing because of that.

Formstack review by Danielle U.
Danielle U.

"Fantastic conditional logic based forms"

What do you like best?

The forms are very complex, and those complexities and calculations can be hidden in the background, so the user only sees the final results based on their selection.

The conditional logic in the forms allows me to customize the data sets that are required based on the initial selections made by the company employees. For example, we have field and corporate vehicles that require monthly inspections, but the corporate vehicles do not require as much mandatory equipment. So, if a driver selects a field division, they get a much larger inspection list than the corporate drivers.

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot come up with anything that I dislike, Anytime that we've had an issue, it has been quickly resolved by either a fix in Form Stack's programming or guidance to help us fix the problem on our end.

Prior to implementing the digital safety forms, we were getting almost no interaction from the employees in regards to safety inspections and documentation. Using a paper form was onerous and time consuming and even if it was filled in at all, it usually ended up in a filing cabinet somewhere and was never evaluated. Now, the staff have the forms on their phone and submit near misses, hazard ids, incident reports, daily hazard assessments directly into our digital safety management system. From there, we can analyze the reports, pick out leading indicators and assign action items from any deficiencies that were noted. It has revolutionized our safety system!!

Formstack review by Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.

"Formstack makes communication activities a breeze!"

What do you like best?

Formstack is incredibly intuitive and versatile. My organization uses it for all kinds of things including event registrations, surveys, communication exchanges and more. It's very affordable and has been a great resource for how we gather and share data.

The data sharing feature allows us to openly share data with large groups so the can access the information and do their own analysis. The graphs are also very helpful in doing global analysis of the results.

The forms integrate seamlessly with our third party payment system. I look forward to learning more about how we can use Formstack to improve our online activities.

What do you dislike?

I get frustrated when I run into a problem and there is no help line to contact. In our fast paced world, I don't have the time or patience to wait for an email response from customer support. I've also found that there are limited tutorials on the more complicated elements of Formstack like conditional logic and creating equations for registration checkout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Formstack is great. I actually find it enjoyable to use the application and am always looking for ways we can integrate it with our communication activities. It's really a great tool for both internal and external communication. It's extremely easy to use, just click and drag, and has wonderful features that make the end-user experience easy. If you're looking for an affordable, easy to use application that will improve your efficiency, then this is the one to use! While I'm sure there are other applications similar to Formstack, I've never been inclined to research them because I've been so satisfied with Formstack.

We found that without a structured format for communicating incoming questions from the public we were spending a lot of time going back and forth to obtain all the info needed. By having a form in which staff can easily follow the provided structure, our communication flow has improved drastically. The automated notifications are also wonderful and takes pressure off staff to find and contact the right person.

We're still trying to master the confirmation email opportunities. There is so much potential to do great things with this feature for things like event registrations but we're still developing that strategy.

Formstack review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"FormStack is a great product, but not HIPAA compliant"

What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use. People without any background in building forms would have no problem building them here. The security seems very good, with complex password to decrypt the form submissions.

What do you dislike?

My main need from FormStack was to be able to implement a HIPAA compliant form submission tool, to securely accept patient data online. They had told me that they were in the process of becoming HIPAA compliant, but as of a few weeks ago they told me that they have abandoned this pursuit and they do not currently have any plans to revisit it. I was very disappointed to hear that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the health care field and need a secure form solution, I can tell you that this does seem to have everything you need... except for the actual HIPAA compliance. If you are in the health care field, I would encourage you to speak to FormStack and inquire as to why they abandoned the pursuit towards HIPAA compliance certification.

We have been able to use the product to accept information that does not contain health related information. Mainly for recruiting employees, and asking people to sign up for various events. The main business objective was always to convert all of our online forms over to FormStack, but due to their inability to become HIPAA compliant, we are looking for another vendor who can offer this same service, and who is also HIPAA compliant.

Formstack review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Formstack Newbie to Pro"

What do you like best?

I love being able to pull data quickly, especially for my boss in a pinch!

What do you dislike?

The lack of training.

No webinars, help desk, etc.

It was hit or miss, sink or swim.

I contacted another Formstack user who was local to walk me through setting up a basic form and went from there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know someone who already utilizes the product because they don't provide much training on how to use the product unless you are "selling" something.

we've connected more with our police department and human services providing them real time data about our senior patients who require more care than they have. I've see this program be able to help so many more people in less time that what we were doing before.

Formstack review by Chau V.
Chau V.

"Fantastic program"

What do you like best?

Easy, intuitive to set up forms and embed on our website

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more integration options for different CRMs in order for us to not have to manually upload our information via excel sheets into our system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful program for lead capturing on your website. Super easy to use and to integrate into a Wordpress website.

More streamlined registration process for our users makes easier for us to cut down on manpower when signing up people or even just keeping track of them.

Formstack review by Ben J.
Ben J.

"Form Generation and Management, Made Simple"

What do you like best?

Formstack allows you to make very flexible and easily styled forms that can be implemented on nearly any platform and easily managed throughout the form's lifetime. The UX is terrific throughout the entire form generation, deployment and subsequent management of the form. I also like that you are able to create other users for the account and set their administrative privileges according to their role in the process. When it comes time to launch the form, Formstack makes that process very easy with the many options they provide for publishing.

What do you dislike?

I was not a huge fan of the new builder interface, at first. Fortunately, Formstack allowed you to switch to the old builder interface on demand. Eventually I did warm up to the new interface, and began to appreciate it's benefits. I would also like to have more customization options for the smaller details of the form, but all in all they are well covered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give the trial account a chance. It is one of the easiest and best SaaS products on the internet.

Implement web forms for event registration, donations and other web related, form-based products. Having a unified system for all such forms is a massive benefit in terms of time saved both building the forms and managing them. We have used Formstack to generate income through donations, to register attendees for all types of events, and even create forms to help out with internal organization.

Formstack review by Dani T.
Dani T.

"User friendly, simple, and painless"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly and simple it is to set up. There are plenty of options to gather different information. Formatack is great for gathering or giving info, collecting payments, and is easy to use with any system.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a phone number to call to get help instead of only being able to submit tickets.

When we would take registrations before formatack we had members emailing us rsvps. This meant tracking them down for payments and other information. Formatack takes the hassle out of signing members up for programs or collecting and storing their information.

Formstack review by YuanFang T.
YuanFang T.

"Easy to use for form creating"

What do you like best?

Many features and easy to use to create the forms with ready made templates. The support is also great with very quick responses

What do you dislike?

The pricing is a bit pricey if you are a small company

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask questions if you don't know how to use it and the support team will reply you really really quick

We used to have forms in microsoft word and e-mailed to the administrator for submission. Formstack allows us to have auto submission and data analyzation with great integration with other softwares

Formstack review by Mallory D.
Mallory D.

"Great Form Provider"

What do you like best?

Formstack has changed the way we we can get information from remote employees fast. The conditional logic is brilliant and very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

During the time I have used this form provider, I cant think of a time when I've had an issue that could not be solved by calling the support line.

My primary use is for recruiting and other HR operations. Formstack has streamlined the process of getting the information we need to onboard employees prior to their start date. We also employ remote individual all over the country and Formstack has made on boarding them as well.

Formstack review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Online Form Builder for All Industries"

What do you like best?

Highly intuitive form-builder w/ lots of integrations. The Google Sheets integration is very helpful especially when pulling insightful data about form submissions. Other integrations make it easy to manage all of our Formstack forms across different tools for both the Sales and Marketing department.

What do you dislike?

The integration between Formstack and Google Analytics is terrible. Google Analytics uses a FORM ID so it's hard to identify the form.

Formstack allows us to create web forms based around the user's experience. We can A/B test forms and adjust the fields/options/ghost text, etc.. all to benefit the user.

Formstack review by Eve S.
Eve S.

"Great for Data Gathering"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility that Formstack offers to customize and brand templates that we can use for surveys, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting tools aren't as intuitive as I'd like them to be.

We use Formstack to gather a ton of data, whether survey results or registrations or stories. Formstack is the quickest way for us to get what we need to know.

Formstack review by Huper O.
Huper O.

"Gather Data"

What do you like best?

A simple design program allows the novice to get started. The capabilities allow an advanced designer to capture great amounts of information efficiently. The flexible platform allows us to use it in many places. Email, website, social media,etc.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see it capture bar codes via mobile scan.

Data capture - We are now able to quickly/simply capture much more data, quickly and use for analysis. The platform is simple and reasonably priced for a small business

Formstack review by Sarah B.
Sarah B.

"I use formstack often to get data for the program I help support and receive feedback from my employ"

What do you like best?

I like that is is easy to create and logic makes sense

What do you dislike?

I dislike the user interface, sometimes it glitches

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish they had a live chat option - sometimes it is hard to get feedback or fix problems that arise - especially when the problem isn't addressed in the user forums

I am solving tracking and recording data for over 20 employees that i oversee, this is helpful for the funding of the program i support, without one form to track so much data the job would be impossible

Formstack review by Terry N.
Terry N.

"Positive experience with an intuitive software."

What do you like best?

Formstack on a basic level is comprehensive in its capabilities and design, it's intuitive to use, and functions seamlessly with our systems. On an advanced level, the integration hub, security settings, and plugins are excellent and make a basic software incredibly useful.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the data that I am looking at is not organized in a manner that I would like it to be, but as a whole I have not encountered any major issues that I would categorize as complaints.

My organization uses Formstack as a way to provide resources and tools to our constituency. We implement Formstack in many different ways- from scholarship and job applications to surveys to registrations. Using this product has made our workflow and event/program management definitely easier, allowing us more time to focus on larger goals.

Formstack review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"How I get things done"

What do you like best?

Quick form building and conditional data delivery based on users' responses.

What do you dislike?

Data formatting options could be better. For example, our customer database requires that state be listed by 2-letter abbreviation. I had to create that manually. I would also like to see some more robust design options. It's a little hard to get the form design I want based on the class structure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll be amazed at how much you can do with Formstack. From customer feedback to lead generation to user generated content, Formstack has a way to do it.

Data collection and contest entry are the primary uses, but we also use it for customer feedback and lead generation.

Formstack review by Administrator

"Formstack is a big help for a nonprofit"

What do you like best?

I can easily configure forms, make them available on our website or via email, and know that all information will feed directly back into my SalesForce data.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more subtle ways to manage duplication rules so that both new and returning clients could fill out forms with equally successful results. I get a lot of duplication errors, because I can't risk the creation of new, duplicate contacts in my data.

I have people sign up for trainings, workshops, and mediation sessions.

Formstack review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Formstack Meets Most of our Needs"

What do you like best?

We use Formstack for a training request form that has a complex approval cycle, and Formstack makes it really easy to route the request to the necessary people. Having the ability for our VP to approve requests via email is a lifesaver.

What do you dislike?

The price of adding users is prohibitive for us. We'd like to add more users to our training request approval workflow for a richer, better-controlled experience, but the cost doesn't allow us to do that.

We've removed the headaches, eliminated the use of paper forms, and reduced the time delays in our previous method that required managers, scattered throughout various offices, to sign and approve physical paper forms.

Formstack review by Claudia G.
Claudia G.

"Meets our needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create alerts for approvers and non-approvers so they can see the form information.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we can't have work flows where non-approvers can leave comments or check off that an action was done if they are not approving anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it's best to understand all your forms needs before selecting a product. Formstack is flexible enough to meet a lot of requirements but you need to know what you need first.

Less paper waste and approvals on forms get done faster than waiting for a form to be located when an approver never receives a paper form.

Formstack review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great Interface "

What do you like best?

I like that this software allows me to generate more professional looking forms. Before I was using Google Forms and I felt as though the forms did not look professional and looked more like a survey rather than an application.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the software does not show collective data in one area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its better than Google Forms

With Formstack, I can better obtain the necessary information I need in one place, additionally the interface is sleek.

Formstack review by Becky F.
Becky F.

"Formstack"

What do you like best?

The ability to push the data to other outliets as well as being able to see your data instantly.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to be able to view multiple forms in one report to analyze the data. Compare

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial to test out your needs.

document collection and lead capture. Ease of use is a huge benefit as well as being able to update a form immediately.

Formstack review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Great tool for surveys & registrations! "

What do you like best?

Love the various integrations! CRM, Email & payment. The options on how to view the information collected are great and the reports are easily customizable. Creating forms couldn't be easier! Sharing information with colleagues at a click of a button, no need for them to have a formstack account of their own .

What do you dislike?

Would like the ability in a multi-user account to lock access to your forms so others can't edit without permission

Quick and easy to capture information needed. We have many registrations throughout the year and formstack has helped us streamline the process, with or without payment.

Formstack review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Fantastic!"

What do you like best?

The options are endless for our business type (Car Dealership)

What do you dislike?

No option to view all URLs on one report

Recommendations to others considering the product

It takes some thought to implement these forms and make them work for the whole team (of varying age ranges and levels of computer literacy) but if you make a true effort, you will never look back! It's changed my life from an HR and accounting standpoint and made our business so much more efficient & compliant!

Productivity, efficiency, compliance, ease of access, better customer service (internal: employee's & external: customers)

Formstack review by Dan T.
Dan T.

"Formstack for contact forms, surveys and payment integration"

What do you like best?

The tool allows me to take any offline, manual process and bring it online and apply a workflow to the forms in order to automate once laborious processes. I can drag and drop or dive into teh API integrations to get what I need accomplished.

What do you dislike?

The tool completely meets my needs and I have very few complaints. While I can use the custom CSS option to get the forms to look the way I need, more professional templates would be a good thing

Taking offline processes where we have paper or excel forms and putting them online. The forms are then accessible and provide reporting that was very manual before. And now the data s stored for all users and the workflows allow me to designate to whom the forms need to go and at what step of the process.

Formstack review by Nathan M.
Nathan M.

"We have found nothing better than Formstack and we have tried them all. "

What do you like best?

Their integrations are the best part to me. We are so thankful for them. There Salesforce integration is the best around.

Nate

What do you dislike?

We sometimes have a few too many clicks getting to the forms that you

We use this for lead gen, updating current partners and customers, as well as helping collect data through webmerge into salesforce.

Formstack review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Satisfactory for our needs"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and great for multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Limited on design layout of page. Having to stick to columns makes me rearrange things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If a user creates a form they should be able to share it without going through the admin.

There are many users that have different reasons. Mine is effectively more communication.

Formstack review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Formstack is highly flexible and I love how they continue to evolve"

What do you like best?

Well-designed user interfaces with an incredible amount of flexibility for nearly every form you can imagine.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see better reporting/exporting options for submissions. Also need an easy way to import form data from other sources.

Collecting customer-facing and internal data to streamline a variety of business processes.

Formstack review by Gerardo I.
Gerardo I.

"Simple and useful"

What do you like best?

Logic filters and attached files from mobile devices

What do you dislike?

downloading attached files, you can't do it . Just people from formstack can download it for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we need to be able to download attached files to our surveys direct from site without submit a ticket to support staff

real time reports from my people in site

Formstack review by Grace L.
Grace L.

"Ability to build pretty complex forms"

What do you like best?

Once we get through the building of the form, Formstack seems to perform flawlessly for us.

What do you dislike?

If you haven't used it in a while, Formstack takes a little bit of re-orientation to remember how to do things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to figure out exactly what you want the Formstack to do before you look at it and other such applications.

Gathering important information for our user conference. It makes getting all the required info and calculating the correct invoice amount much easier.

Formstack review by User

"Dependable form creator, data collector, and all around CRM"

What do you like best?

Formstack allows you to "visually build" forms by dragging and dropping content (and with many "frequently used" content blocks already pre-built, such as "name", "email", fields). Integration ability with MailChimp. Payment and event planning capacity.

What do you dislike?

Have not totally played around with the formatting, but most of our formstacks that we have sent out (while totally functional) are not the most aesthetically pleasing themes. Would love to be able to analyze data from within Formstack a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for something simple, direct, easy to use, look no further.

Formstack allows us to easily and quickly build functional forms for bot internal and external use.

Formstack review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Tool works great; would like telephone support"

What do you like best?

The interface is super easy to use. You really don't have much prior experience building forms to use the tool.

It's easy to integrate into the web platform.

What do you dislike?

I don't like not having telephone support. I don't like having an account rep, or at least a specific person to call on when I'm having trouble.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Tool is great. Be savvy enough to not need tech support.

We're using it for the Contact Us form on the website. The data gets routed to internal teams via a CRM integration.

Formstack review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Simplifying the registration process"

What do you like best?

Formstack is user-friendly. We have had to train multiple new employees on how to edit forms and build new forms. The new users catch on quickly. That is a huge plus!

What do you dislike?

There is some limitation on how to personalize the forms. But we've worked around it.

We use Formstack for group registrations, employment, and gift card purchases. The benefits are many. We are able to quickly room our guests, process employment applications, and sell gift cards digitally. It has been a useful business tool and timesaver.

Formstack review by Tiffanie H.
Tiffanie H.

"We love formstack!"

What do you like best?

The app and easy-to-use dashboard. The customer service is great as well.

What do you dislike?

You can't edit forms via the app. The iPad app could use a few more options too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial and you'll find out you love it.

Creative Requests, volunteer applications, and event sign ups

Formstack review by Internal Consultant in Higher Education
Internal Consultant in Higher Education

"Very Happy, but can lack some real developer features"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for building simple forms. Nice form builder interface. Their APIs and web hooks are really great.

What do you dislike?

Some of the advanced features often seem rushed, and lack one little piece that would make them truly powerful. Such as the ability to embed html, it is a great feature but you can not pass it parameters based on form values which would be very helpful. Same for conditional logic for sections, great feature, but you can't base it on text fields.

Education forms.

Formstack review by User in Higher Education

"Great software for compliance purposes, especially data gathering and record keeping."

What do you like best?

Formstack is a great "middle man" between the employees and the compliance department at a company. It makes compliance tasks easy to accomplish for the employees while keeping the records well organized for the compliance people.

What do you dislike?

Formstack could do a better job in clarity of the interface. The home page may be overwhelming for people who have never used it before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

People generally don't like forms, Formstack however makes this unfavorable activity quite simple to get done.

I use formstack for data gathering as well as for creating and evaluating questionnaires from my clientele.

Formstack review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"FormStack is great"

What do you like best?

I like that for the most part FormStack is user friendly. It's easy to create/edit forms and review data. They also have great customer service.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike. Sometimes new updates can be a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simplicty of the website and great costumer service representatives and feedback are reasons why I would recommend FormStack to others.

We have an easy way to gather data. The benefits are being able to use FormStack for a variety of different reasons.

Formstack review by Wallace P.
Wallace P.

"Tons of customization options and user friendly"

What do you like best?

- Multi-platform

- Friendly to use

- Creating a form is very simple

- Adding Items and information is simple to do

- faster than wufoo if the user learns how to use formstack

- easily be able to collect information and use said information

What do you dislike?

- some issues with saving and editing forms when using multiple taps in a browser.

- there should be a way to customize the way the data is exported.

- sometimes the forms duplicate when there is a slowness in the browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If looking for the better alternative to wufoo then formstack is far better.

It is a great tool to use when one needs detailed information from customers or employees. Hence, easier contact between the consumer, support team, and technical team.

Formstack review by Administrator in Museums and Institutions
Administrator in Museums and Institutions

"Great Experience with Formstack"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to link to outside apps and CRM systems. Formstack is very versatile in how we use on our website and for event management

What do you dislike?

I don't like some of the laborious ways you need to input logic and calculations on the back end.

I think we've solved a lot of our organizational needs in terms of keeping track of donors and membership. The analytics are extremely helpful in making projections and better understanding successes

Formstack review by Marisol M.
Marisol M.

"Form Stack Users Review"

What do you like best?

Form Stack is very easy to use. We use it for many projects.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike bout this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are already recommending this to other personnel and outsiders.

Capturing data and being able to analyze the data.

Formstack review by Administrator in Printing
Administrator in Printing

"Versatile Form Building Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to build forms, easy to integrate into web managers (I've used this with ModX and with Wordpress). Easy to implement online payment.

What do you dislike?

File upload features are lacking; creating complex form calculations is very challenging.

We use Formstack to create forms on our website for rewards sign-ups, enewsletter sign-ups, service feedback, and general contact. We also utilize Formstack for our clients to order projects through our website, as well as transmit files to us. We also use Formstack forms to collect online payments using PayPal and Stripe.

Formstack review by Administrator

"Love love love Formstack"

What do you like best?

I like the user experience and many of the functionalities that Formstack has to offer.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more integrations and other options for integrating results data to more usable formats. I would like more tracking and edit abilities from the submissions view.

We are using Formstack for mostly Time tracking and expense reimbursement forms. I love the templates. I have saved a lot of time on tracking purchasing and request for reimbursements

Formstack review by Keith R.
Keith R.

"Great product, easy setup and use"

What do you like best?

The ease of integrating forms with your Wordpress site.

What do you dislike?

The discontinuance of sourcing information.

Securely collecting customer information and payments.

Formstack review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Everything you need!"

What do you like best?

Very simple to put together, easy to share - multiple confirmation emails with logic!

What do you dislike?

TBT 90's. The design on the back-end is great ... the front end could use an update

Recommendations to others considering the product

Front end style, custom pdf export (ex: being able to include/exclude fields that you want on an export)

We mange multiple associations that require a large amount of forms for each one. The packages that Formstack offer really fit our needs.