FortiClient

Fortinet is a leader in network security appliance solutions and provides real-time network protection to more than 125,000 customers worldwide.

Work for FortiClient?

Learning about FortiClient?

FortiClient Reviews

Ask FortiClient a Question
Showing 35 FortiClient reviews
FortiClient review by Rick B.
Rick B.

"Simple and Non-Intrusive"

What do you like best?

FortiClient is extremely simple, especially for the level of protection it offers you over the VPN connection that it creates. There are only the bare minimum, essential settings available, making setting up a new connection as easy as could possibly be. Actually using the connection is just as simple with a username, password and the two-factor authentication via mobile. The status of the connection is minimised to your taskbar and it lets you know when something goes wrong.

What do you dislike?

The interface is possibly the only thing that I don't like about the software. It feels as if it has been left behind in the 2000's. This doesn't really affect the useability, but if a user were to compare this to some of the other interface types out there, they may be tempted to make a gut feel choice of software based on interface quality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really good software package. Although I haven't tested much else, FortiClient is extremely convenient and easy to use; I can't see one needing much else.

Being able to connect securely to the company intranet across multiple sites is a lot easier when you know your data is safe at both ends as well as in transit. I am able to get more done without having persistent dropped connections and re-verifications of my credentials.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FortiClient
FortiClient review by Juan Z.
Juan Z.

"Una buena herramienta para VPN"

What do you like best?

Es rapido y muy seguro , me dejar abrir todas mis aplicaciones inclusive trabajar con otras vpn en conjunto sin necesidad de que haya conflicto. Viene en castellano lo cual es muy practivo para los hispano parlantes. Funciona muy bien en cualquier tipo de sistema operativo. El instalador por si solo es gratis pero para sacarle el jugo debe ser apropiadamente usado con sus paquetes

What do you dislike?

Lo que me desagrada que para que funcione biene debes instalar otras aplicaciones sin necesidad , ademas que su interfaz web no es lo mas rapido que hay . Otro detalle es que si expira la licencia , es imposible usarlo por ende se vuelve inutil trata de conectarse. No es una herramienta economica como paquete

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es sumamente efectivo pero no es muy barato , se ve mucho provecho se tiene un forest tecnologico grande con el cual las herramientas enteras realmente sirvend e ayuda para la comunicacion entre redes

Usando esta herramienta he podido solventar el tema de poderme conectar desde cualquier sitio y la configuracion del mismo es muy simple , no toma mucho tiempo en tenerla trabajando , y el hecho de que trabaje bien sobre los 3 windows que tengo , 7 , 8 , 10 , pues para mi ha sido genial porque la configuracion no difiere casi nada

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

FortiClient review by Pablo L.
Pablo L.

"Works great but has to improve"

What do you like best?

what i like the best of this vpn software is that is really fast the conection and also very secure , the software itself is not difcult to install and easy to config.

What do you dislike?

What i did not like was the fact that to work correctly you have to install another pogramas you do not want , and the first time you are trying to conect with the VPN is not always at the first click

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the solution you need for vpn access and other matter but is kind of expensive for litle companies

We improve a lot from the oldest software because this one is a very secure way and let the user use his other tools to work without putting in danger the data integrity

FortiClient review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Daily User"

What do you like best?

For one, I like knowing that my computer is secure, and two, it makes it easy to access our work servers when I need to work from home.

What do you dislike?

The notification bubble that pops up when 'FortiClient has been updated'. It pops up on my screen multiple times a day, and I'm not 100% sure what it is for, but it can be distracting when I am working or waiting on a response from a colleague via Slack (the notifications pop up in the same spot as Slack notifications).

It's great to know that our information is secure, much of which is sensitive as with any other business on the financial end as well as customer information. I really also like knowing that by using VPN to connect to the servers at work if I am working elsewhere, I know that it is a secure connection.

FortiClient review by Richard V.
Richard V.

"The Best Integrated Suite for Network Security"

What do you like best?

- Integrated suite which included antivirus, firewall and vpn client.

- Oriented to corporate uses.

- Allow to make a backup of the configuration.

- Provide security to the configuration panel using password.

- Antispam and web filter functionalities available.

- Quickly Security threats detection .

What do you dislike?

- Antyspam functionality only working with outlook.

This security suite is very useful and provide a set of tools (antivirus, firewall, vpn client) that working together make us feel great confidence about the security e integrity of the information stored in our devices like PCs, Laptos, USB. Higly recomended.

FortiClient review by Sebastien L.
Sebastien L.

"Full firewall solution for all network sizes."

What do you like best?

Fortinet provides complete firewall, web filtering and log analysis with their FortiGate and FortiAnalyzer appliances. There are different models for any size of network.

Basic setup of he firewall is easy and intiutive but you can also take advantage of the webfilter, antivirus, application sensor modules. About the webfilter, Fortinet categorize every website and you just have to authorize or deny website categories to your user groups (local or active directory). Application senser allow you to block traffic from specified application kind (for example P2P softwares).

Firewall is quite standard with the classic objects (FQDN, interface, destination, action,...) and it also features some traffic shaper option.

It's also possible to have 2 appliances working together in high availability to ensure a permanent network connectivity even if one of the appliance crashes.

What do you dislike?

The web interface is sometimes slow and the beginning with the console is a bit difficult : searching rules / objects is not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're searching for a complete firewall, internet proxy, antivirus within one appliance you should give Fortinet (FortiGate) a try. If you need to analyze firewall or internet logs, then FortiAnalyzer is a nice product too.

We use it to filter internet acces of our users.

FortiClient review by Mary S.
Mary S.

"FortiClient for remote access"

What do you like best?

I am able to work anywhere with FortiClient.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I am working that I have login back in multiple times.

I am able to work from home on the weekends to meet deadlines. When the weather is bad I can work from home and not have to drive to work. Because I am remoting in to my computer at work I have access to all the files and programs that I need.

FortiClient review by Tyler B.
Tyler B.

"FortiClient Review"

What do you like best?

It is fairly simple to use, I must say. We use it for two county VPN connections and have had very few issues since the original version.

What do you dislike?

The software itself is fine with the newest version. The older versions were much more complicated. Also had a hard time finding the actual version we needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find the correct version recommended by the County/Customer you are assisting.

VPN Connections to current customers

FortiClient review by Luca C.
Luca C.

"A complete network and security management solution."

What do you like best?

I think that this is on of the the best way to implement an only-one solution for security in your network.

You can manage and control: Intrution Prevention System, SSL ispection, Firewall, Routing from different subnets ecc..

The user interface is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Depending on what has been my experience, the biggest problem was due to licensing: when the license is expired the navigation's controls are broken and even the navigation is blocked and obviously this creates inefficiency company and users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are multiple devices (phisical products) available, each device is suitable for a defined number of users.

As i've previously mentioned, keep a check (be careful) on the license period.

In my previous work experience, we have centralized the entire network infrastructure, we used fortigate 800c for our company, and we have installed a lot of different devices for different customers with excellent results and satisfied customers.

FortiClient review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Quality product for the cost"

What do you like best?

The price point. The fortigate units are stable, powerful, and provide a lot of bang for the buck. Software functionality has mostly worked as expected. Clustering process was simple. IPSec tunnel has been reliable. And the throughput is more than I expected for the price point. Wireless LAN controller has been stable.

What do you dislike?

VPN configuration required some command line intervention. Upgrading to the newest OS failed once. The backup OS image was then corrupted and I had to load OS using USB thumb drive. Command line interface is clunky. Wireless LAN controller cannot run active/active in a cluster, so for our small deployment, where AP's are directly attached to fortigate controller, we had to either attach all AP's to one fortigate controller and manually fail over, or divide them between two fortigate units, but live with AP's on the standy fortigate unit being dormant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though occasionally a little clunky, you cannot beat the bang for the buck. This is not a cheap SOHO product. It has real enterprise management capabilities, and stability that is required for corporate and industrial environments. So if you can get past occasional quirkiness in configuration, you will really like FortiNet.

Low cost IPSec tunnels for remote offices. FIPS compliant wireless infrastructure. The fortinet FortiGate firewalls have been reliable, cost effective, and easy to deploy.

FortiClient review by Larah A.
Larah A.

"A different type of company"

What do you like best?

I'd be kidding myself if I said that Fortinet isn't every bit as useful as Cisco. The number of features available is almost overwhelming. Fortinet may not lead the market with innovations, but they are right at the heels of whoever is. Not to mention that Fortinet is an extremely profitable organization.

What do you dislike?

The users interface of many of their products is less than intuitive. While it has functionality, many of the feature will leave the lab half-ready. Possibly due to their inability to support all of their products and features to the necessary extent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering an enterprise network security solution, Fortinet should definitely be heavily considered.

Fortinet is a fierce competition of Palo Alto Networks and Cisco.

FortiClient review by User in Computer Software

"Consistently good VPN connection every time"

What do you like best?

I like that the FortiClient VPN is easy to install, setup and use. It installed quickly and cleanly the very first time (which is rare for me because I have so many other VPNs installed that tend to interfere.) Fortinet Client connects quickly and connects when other VPNs are connected. I can still access my network and internet while it's connected and can connect to my customers using remote desktop and/or ODBC connection to their SQL Server with no issues.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike. I wish more of my customers would switch to Fortinet for their VPN solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using Fortinet Client to connect to other networks is a very dependable, stable VPN solution. FortiClient is a secure, safe VPN client and can handle lots of data passing back and forth with no noticeable slowdown.

Being able to connect to my customers with an ODBC connection allows me to troubleshoot their software from my PC to quickly assess the problem. The speed of the connection is very good and I am able to run the software over the VPN connection the same as being on site.

FortiClient review by Flavio S.
Flavio S.

"The high level firewall Fortigate"

What do you like best?

the product that I use is the fortigate firewall. the operating system is "strong-os" is very reliable, the graphical interface is easy to use. All models have the same firmware on board. This is a very useful thing. fortigate is considered as "palo alto" and "checkpoint" the best firewall on the market

What do you dislike?

I had trouble to establish a VPN connection with a another brand appliances "sonicwall". the connection was frequently interrupted. I had to test different configurations, losing some time to make a stable connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

fortigate firewall is the first systems in the world that are certified by the ICSA for antivirus, IPSec,

firewall and intrusion detection functionality

I found very useful the centralized management of the devices "strong ap". I was able to quickly configure 20 devices without problems. I was impressed by the ease of management of the firewall

FortiClient review by Executive Sponsor in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Executive Sponsor in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"FortiClient Console"

What do you like best?

FortiClient is quick and easy to use and makes my work flow a lot easier when trying to get remote access, within a matter of seconds I am on my companies VPN without having to dial any numbers and listen to prompts like many other companies. A simple user name and password and I am connected.

What do you dislike?

I have just started using this program and so far there is not anything that I currently dislike.

Gaining remote access and connecting to my companies VPN

FortiClient review by Pete B.
Pete B.

"Awesome enterprise solutions"

What do you like best?

Ability to grow and scale with our business. We switched to Fortinet from Cisco and we find the enterprise solutions are better and easier to use for us.

What do you dislike?

So far so good! Not any complaints as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We had Cisco for several years and trusted the name brand. But when we made the decision to go with Fortinet we found it was the way to go for us. It allows us to fulfill our administration needs from the IT perspective without any limitations.

Securing and managing our domain and network. We have been in growth mode for several years and Fortinet is allowing us to comfortably meet the challenges that arrive when it comes to security and network management.

FortiClient review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Forticlient: Great VPN remote tool, OK Antivirus"

What do you like best?

VPN connectivity is simple and reliable.

What do you dislike?

Not crazy about the anitvirus part, but we don't use it anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to set up and use if you use Fortigate Firewalls

VPN remote connectivity

FortiClient review by Luigi V.
Luigi V.

"Easy and powerful"

What do you like best?

Fortinet firewalls are wery powerful and easy to install and maintain. The price for that boxes regarding the features and the quality is quite low comparing with other vendors. It's a leader into the Gartner Magic Quadrant for many yeasr. I really suggest it.

What do you dislike?

there are really issue with those system: the only thing that I can report is the lack of reporting and audit without the Fortimanager and/or an addition logging systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the nice web interface, the easy configuration, very powerful feature and very good security strength.. I suggest fortinet

With fortinet you can protect network boundaries and or datacenter from evil attacks

FortiClient review by Brock P.
Brock P.

"Fortiweb provides all the tools for security of my websites"

What do you like best?

The ability to lock down critical websites and make them secure as possible.

What do you dislike?

Learning curve is quite long and users need specific training. Hard to become an expert in all aspects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product that ensures you have security of your web properties.

We have made all of our web properties more secure and have more peace of mind.

FortiClient review by Administrator

"Great VPN client"

What do you like best?

Lightweight VPN client. Simple interface for users.

What do you dislike?

Some issues with connections hanging related to client and endpoint version issues. These were hard to resolve until the latest release of both the endpoint and client.

We use FortiClient to allow our users to connect remotely back to our home network. This allows us to do this simply and easy.

FortiClient review by Christopher I.
Christopher I.

"Very Easy to Use VPN"

What do you like best?

Started using Forticlient last year to work from home. It allows me to connect seamlessly to my office infrastructure and take advantage of working on the go.

What do you dislike?

There havent been any problems with FortiClient and I am completely happy

Connecting to office infrastructure from home and on the go.

FortiClient review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"Forticlient"

What do you like best?

Forticlient has been very reliable not many disconnects or slowness while using the product

What do you dislike?

nothing everything seems to be working perfectly fine with this product

We have a sales force team that requires a virtual private network this seems to be working fine

FortiClient review by Roberto B.
Roberto B.

"I love it"

What do you like best?

intuitive interface, it needs a minimum of experience to understand the functioning of the rules but in the end it is very logic.

Good devices, versatile and competitive with other top industry

What do you dislike?

too expensive for end user and annual subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was tired of the inefficiency of commercial routers and installed a FortiWiFi at home, the potential of the rules and the wifi performance is superior to any home device

security and wireless control. Also create vpn connection point.

FortiClient review by User

"Connecting into our office network with security"

What do you like best?

It allows me to connect securely from any point to the network of my office, with a simple interface

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's a bit slow to start, it's something that could be improved

VPN, Firewall

FortiClient review by Manu C.
Manu C.

"Fortinet FortiGate 320 series Firewalls Bundles"

What do you like best?

FortiGate 3240C firewall lic bundles with SW packjages ofr AV, Snad box and Spam and very cost effictive

What do you dislike?

NOhting, the firewwall just workks fine.. some times issues ofr heating is there

FortiGate 3240C FIrewall helps becoming one single box for all the IT issues we have on Secutiyy. We can very cost effictively use this box for all the requirmeent of security.. great box

FortiClient review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Gets the job done... usually"

What do you like best?

Forti client allows me to connect to my remote desktop in a the most secure way

What do you dislike?

The thing I don't like about forti client is that I view it as unpredictable. I am not always able to sign in on first try and sometimes have to restart my computer for it to work properly.

Working for a law office, security is Paramount, and that's what you get with this software

FortiClient review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Wholesale
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Wholesale

"Fortinet provides affordable integrated security resources"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and affordable.

The interface is intuitive

What do you dislike?

Do not like not being able to transfer ownership from one company to another

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a reliable, robust, and comparatively affordable product line.

We needed a central place to manage internet security.

We are able to track activity on our network to troubleshoot problem access and shut it down.

We are able to provide internet access to resources selectively which gives us a lot of flexibility

FortiClient review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Decent but buggy software products"

What do you like best?

Solid hardware and easy to use software.

What do you dislike?

Poor support and issue prone software, slow to issue fixes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fortinet products are easy to use and feature rich but are plagued by trivial bugs and poor support.

Security management for a small IT team. The software is easy to use, which has been a big benefit to our team.

FortiClient review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Questionable Blocking on Firewall"

What do you like best?

The product works as advertised. We are able to customize blocking and set permissions. Being able to push out updates to the firewall settings live is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Some of the preset lists are overeager in blocking websites. We've had a few instances where important websites have been blocked, and the administrator needed to unblock them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take the time to view the blocked firewall list.

We've been able to cut back on productivity losses. Employees are able to view work related websites, and do their jobs, with minimal distractions. It has helped protect us against malicious websites as well.

FortiClient review by Jeff L.
Jeff L.

"Fortinet Review"

What do you like best?

Fortinet has a broad and expansive product line. While most known for their UTM capabilities, they have branched out into email security, database security, and wireless endpoint security. The Fortinet UTM/Firewall is top notch, with a ton of features. The capabilities they've been able to provide while taking advantage of the ASIC chip is a testament to their technical prowess. I have deployed them in small organizations, and have seen them deployed in very large enterprise implementations. The wrappings with FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer allow a complete rollout to be managed through one console.

What do you dislike?

With features comes complexity. You really need to be a firewall guru to effectively implement and manage a Fortinet UTM. One can get by on the basic features without too much consternation, but if issues arise then troubleshooting really takes some deep technical knowledge. The tools are there to accomplish the troubleshooting, but you have to know where to find them and how to use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent solution for organizations that can think about the all-in-one solution of a UTM. The Fortinet UTM is first rate. The FortiMail product has come a long way, but still lacks in overall market acceptance and in ease of use.

As a small but growing business, we wanted to add network security without hiring a security expert. We've been able to deploy the Fortinet FW plus 2 wireless access points, providing our business with excellent security, manageability, and flexibility at a pretty reasonable price.

FortiClient review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Secure, but a pain to connect to"

What do you like best?

Makes things very secure and you know that when using public wifi, sensitive docs are safe

What do you dislike?

Many steps and passwords when needing to connect

Like stated above, it is used as a security feature which is great for a big company like i work for

FortiClient review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Very Good"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and configure. It is easy to deploy to mass amounts of PC's if you have the proper licensing. If you don't it is a bit harder.

What do you dislike?

Software can be buggy at times and some of there software (Forticlient) have ads in it.

Helping connect remote employees to the main office.

FortiClient review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"a great firewall with a great price "

What do you like best?

fortinet are great firewalls. they are easy to deploy and have a very easy to use interface ,. great support .

What do you dislike?

firmware updates are a little tedious. they are to frequent.

with fortinet i can have peace of mind that the network is secured and protected .

FortiClient review by Administrator

"Secure and stable"

What do you like best?

Stability, power, security, easy to download and install client

What do you dislike?

First time you install the program do an analysis that can do your computer slow

Connections between two offices in different countries

FortiClient review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Good ol' reliable Fortinet"

What do you like best?

The content profiles in firewall software make use very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes very labour intensive to setup

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get if you like reliability and security

antivirus and attack. risk mitigation and protection from syn floods, port scans, buffer overflow weaknesses, and many other types of attacks.

FortiClient review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Forticlient review"

What do you like best?

The ease of of use. ā€œThe Install on a computer is a cakewalk

What do you dislike?

Scanning is longer than preferable but not horrible.

The software is great and easy to learn.

Learning about FortiClient?

* We monitor all FortiClient reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.