FortiGate

FortiGate offers a network security platform, designed to deliver threat protection and performance with reduced complexity.

Work for FortiGate?

Learning about FortiGate?

FortiGate Reviews

Ask FortiGate a Question
Showing 14 FortiGate reviews
FortiGate review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Good security console and great support"

What do you like best?

Fortigate is a console for the administration of security equipment, for my opinion the most complete and simple to use for its graphical interface.

Powerful management console for security equipment and provides the tools accepted for better firewall management and among other equipment..

I recommend this platform or security equipment administration tool since it provides the facility to manage security and protection parameters in your network

This security tool helps in the administration of security policies from outside access to your intranet, and also continues the ease of controlling the access of viruses or intruders.

The tool gives you the opportunity to run reports of intruders or attempts to enter your local network giving a detailed IP and its location.

The good support you provide with your license for greater use of the security tool.

Protect several threats to your local network enter these malware malware intruders, any other anezas all this with the use of white or black list defined in the blockade.

It contains the option to implement VPN and administration and access.

What do you dislike?

The cost of this console is quite expensive and the support also but it is worth it with how robust it is in your security administration

Recommendations to others considering the product

Administration of the perimeter network and security devices for a network

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FortiGate
FortiGate review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Fantastic product and support"

What do you like best?

For me, the fortigate just works. I have not really been able to complain about a situation in which I wasn't able to get something working on my own or in the end, support helped and they have always been very knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Some of their logging can be a little cumbersome to decipher and sift through. If you have fortiview internally it would make it easier but we don't have that product so our logs are purely deciphered on our siem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We've considered moving to other alternatives such as Palo Alto but couldn't justify the cost. The fortigate appliance along with the IDS feature has been everything we've needed to this point.

I've not only been able to have it protect my environment, but I'm also able to segragate network spaces out with it and am able to get very granular in policies that I can create. There are a number of features you can turn on which will definitely help your environment not be so vulnerable in today's landscape.

What Firewall solution do you use?

FortiGate review by Jamie J.
Jamie J.

"Reliable and simple to use network hardware firewall security devices"

What do you like best?

Fortigate offers a comprehensive line of network hardware firewall security devices. These offer the best reliability for securing your network. The dual-wan feature also gives you the ability to have load-balancing or failover for multiple WAN connections.

What do you dislike?

I have had only a couple issues mainly due to correct flash memory in the Fortigate unit. Fortigate happily and quickly RMA'd my device to get me back up and running in no time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for good hardware security firewalls, I would highly recommend considering the lineup available from Fortigate.

Fortigate gives us protection from network attacks, helps easily open and close ports to keep us secure, and also gives us redundant internet connections with failover thanks to having dual-WAN ports.

FortiGate review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Fortigate's, keep out the trash"

What do you like best?

Nice gui, robust CLI, webfiltering is very customizable, sslvpn feature is great coupled with forticlient.

What do you dislike?

A bit pricey, but worth it if you're tired of the Cisco machines. Chatty with the email alerts. No easy option to drop incoming traffic without an alert every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support can't be beat. Next day service on all dead boxes.

Using as our main firewalls/routers, and also as a part of our SSLVPN solution. Networking all branches with these via BGP tunnels

FortiGate review by Ajay K.
Ajay K.

"best firewall that comes with excellent support flexibility and its "

What do you like best?

I love the interface, the admin interface is now mobile friendly.

What do you dislike?

The ipsec tunnel with other products get hang often

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for 100d if you are a sme

Secuurity, abikity to add web filter, custom policoes on port forwarding, blocking of unwanted traffic. Ability to create vpn from site to site onternationally and locally has saved a lot of money. Ability to see the logs using the forticloud free account makes lofe much easier.

"Easy to Use Firewall"

What do you like best?

I love the insights that I can see based on the application being used. It is very easy to see which user or device is sucking up the bandwidth.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn't like was the device needed a software upgrade that "soft bricked" my firewall. The upgrade path wasn't followed, so that was my fault. But I wanted to cancel the upgrade before it started but there was no way to do that. It involved a long night trying to get the device back up and running. Eventually it did and is working great now.

We are able to limit bandwidth on certain applications, block websites, and route traffic as needed. Policy based routing has helped us use a secondary connection as a fail-over if our primary goes down. This has been a lifesaver.

FortiGate review by Administrator

"Awesome firewall quick setup"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use the software is the same from a switch to an AP. And you can work it from 1 plane of glass to configure all equipment

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes of the firewall. I find that some of the software is buggy at times and you have to refresh your browser so often which could be an issue on my end

Recommendations to others considering the product

If cost and ease of use then I would reccommend this product. Also the training is really good too. It is all done from one plane of glass

If you want a very inexpensive and reliable firewall that is easy to setup this is the firewall to do it. We were able to setup a customer with no issues in about 5 minutes

FortiGate review by Ignacio F.
Ignacio F.

"Fortigate"

What do you like best?

Flexibilidad , gestión, variedad de equipos para distintas oficinas con múltiples funciones de seguridad tanto de antivirus , ids, ips,

What do you dislike?

en principio no tengo muchas pegas el servicio es bueno

Recommendations to others considering the product

danip_hotmail.com

tiene muy buenas soluciones tanto de conexión como soluciones para pequeñas oficinas con una buena cobertura de seguridad

FortiGate review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Fantastic security for complete security."

What do you like best?

1) Ease of use

2) Simple GUI

3) CLI option

4) Fabric

5) VDOM

6) Easy to deploy

What do you dislike?

1) Quick support - We can't raise P1 or P2 tickets from support portal.

2) Configuration backup - There has to be an option to email configuration on daily or weekly basis.

3) HA configuration needs license for 2nd device

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use & deploy to secure your network.

1) Secure network

2) Block attacks from outside

3) Access office setup remotely using SSL VPN

FortiGate review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Solid product. Good UTM solutions that does not break the bank"

What do you like best?

Amount of features. I am happy to have a good UTM product that is providing use with the ability to content filter . / Application firewall and IPS.

What do you dislike?

A few small bugs have been found during our deployment. But all seemed to have a solid workaround. The ability to see traffic in real time could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy the high end appliances. Its better to plan for 5+ years outs needs.

IPS / Content Filtering / Application Firewall. The biggest benefit is the ability to manage a large number of firewalls at once with the global management tool.

"Great firewalls"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very user friendly, the software works well and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you can’t map user with a solution agentless like with Palo Alto.

I changed two old firewalls with a couple of Fortigate in HA. Now create new policies is very simple.

FortiGate review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Fortigate firewalls"

What do you like best?

My main job function is to manage Fortigate firewalls. They are very easy to make minor adjustments to web content filters and feature a robust Unified Threat Management system.

What do you dislike?

Setting up SSL and IPsec VPN tunnels is not very intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're easy to manage once they're setup, but can be tricky to implement originally.

We use Fortigate firewalls to manage LAN to WAN and WAN to LAN traffic, as well as VPN access for both SSL and IPsec VPN tunnels.

FortiGate review by Consultant

"FortiGate"

What do you like best?

Online technical documentation is extensive.

What do you dislike?

Some features and capabilities don't work as documented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Logging can significantly degrade performance, causing the FortiGate to go into "Conserve Mode." If you plan to use logging, you may need a more expensive model of the FortiGate.

This firewall provides excellent perimeter security at an affordable cost.

FortiGate review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent firewall "

What do you like best?

How you can customize the firewall to our liking

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to complain about. I have been

Using it for over a a year!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does the job and I can’t complain. If you need a firewall try fortigate out.

It does the job wonderfully!

Learning about FortiGate?

* We monitor all FortiGate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.