FoundationIP

FoundationIP

FoundationIP is a cloud-based solution that centralizes portfolio management, automates administrative and docketing tasks, and allows collaboration amongst all stakeholders.

Work for FoundationIP?

Learning about FoundationIP?

FoundationIP Reviews

Ask FoundationIP a Question
Showing 84 FoundationIP reviews
FoundationIP review by <span>Mae P.</span>
Mae P.

"Review of Foundation IP"

What do you like best?

I can find the matters I am working on very easily. Case information is readily available. The dashboard is great to see recent matters. I can run reports and look up contacts very easily. The Dashboard allows me to see recent matters that I have worked on and what daily tasks that I have to work on.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more information under the Entities and Personnel tabs so that I don't have to click on each name separately. It would be nice to have that information more visible instead of having to click into each name and the return back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is easy for anyone to learn how to use. Other than some training in the beginning, a user can pick up on navigating and looking information by themselves. The tabs are helpful to find any information needed. I appreciate the ability to run reports for any situtation.

I am able to produce reports for the client very quickly. The option to download a report in different formats, such Excel or Word helps cater to the client's needs. Also, there are different reports, depending on the requests from the client. I am benefiting from all of the information provided in the Matter Home page. I can find the title, client name, entity size, file number, etc. right on the front page.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FoundationIP
FoundationIP review by <span>Daniel M.</span>
Daniel M.

"There's no better tool than FoundationIP"

What do you like best?

If FoundationIP doesn't have a solution, they will help you figure one out. There is no high pressure sale to get you to buy a product. They always want to work with us to figure out what makes the best sense for our business need or the problem we are trying to solve.

What do you dislike?

Report building - would like to see more drag & drop capabilities rather than traditional programming. I would like the ability to search (with words, like the reports screen) all of the matter blocks and data fields for quicker report building capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand what you want and need from an IPMS. FoundationIP can do almost anything and with their developing products, it will be more powerful and useful to anyone looking to not only manage their IP data, but also leverage their organization's innovation.

Innovation workflow and processes for business leads, IP metrics and dashboards for leaders.

What Intellectual Property Management solution do you use?

FoundationIP review by <span>David V.</span>
David V.

"Helps me sleep at night"

What do you like best?

It's comforting to know that FIP, my docket system, knows the patent rules for both the US and worldwide. This takes a lot of pressure off a small firm like mine.

The frequent and thorough reminders are helpful when planning my workload.

Having the docket program web-based means I can log in from any computer and have no concern about data loss.

What do you dislike?

It's probably time for FIP to upgrade their web interface. It works fine, but I'm betting they can improve it. The interface requires a few too many clicks to change details (etc.). This is not a strong dislike. Rather it's a suggestion that their product can be upgraded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. They were very helpful when I needed to bring in a large docket from another firm.

Using FIP limits my need for clerical staff, which is a substantial benefit for a small firm/solo practitioner.

FIP also automates many of my docketing needs. This relieves any pressure on me to be an expert in every jurisdiction where my clients have applications/patent.

FoundationIP review by <span>Sean C.</span>
Sean C.

"Foundation IP - Great Docketing System"

What do you like best?

I've been using Foundation IP for about 6 years at my current and previous law firm. It was a little overwhelming at first, but it is very easy to use, and customizable. CPA Global is always coming out with updates to make the docketing experience better.

What do you dislike?

There are some line items that seem like they would be an automatic entry, but manual calculation is necessary (expiration dates for U.S. cases). But I have spoken with CPA Global employees, and they are working on making that an automatic entry based on filing dates and PTA. Reports are kind of tough to set up, but once you have one set up, they are very easy to run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, I don't think Foundation IP can be beat. The quality of software is great, and pricing is competitive. Their pricing for smaller firms like ours is like a phone plan. You have a certain amount of matters (minutes for phone) with overage if you go over.

In the patent business, we deal with many countries having different rules and deadlines. CPA Global does a great job with country laws, making updates when needed, and making sure the deadlines that automatically populate line up with the dates that foreign law firms send out. You can create many different reports (client based, matter based, country based, etc.) that can help decide whether to go out and market for new business. Docketing correctly and making sure deadlines are hit are key to our business, and Foundation IP makes that easy.

FoundationIP review by User

"Daily User of Foundation IP"

What do you like best?

I like being able to check related cases (helpful for foreign patents and filing Information Disclosure Statements). I also like seeing what attorneys are assigned to a matter.

Emails don't always auto-save into the correct location, but when the feature works correctly it's helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of glitches when sending emails out of FIP. Email formatting (spacing, font, etc.) is often distorted after sending, or sometimes completely blank. You aren't able to re-order attachments or check that they are the correct documents once attached to an email. Email addresses don't auto-populate like in Outlook, so you have to copy and paste or type them fully every time. I'm not able to save draft emails for sending later for attorney review. Sending an email now takes drastically longer than it did in Outlook.

Running reports isn't very intuitive or user-friendly. It often takes multiple attempts obtain the correct information. Daily dockets generated in FIP include a lot of duplicate entries and future reminders, which makes it long and a bit overwhelming. I end up spending a lot of time looking into matters only to find out they're not due for a few months. I wish there was a simplified or condensed daily docket with hard deadlines only.

Saving documents and emails to each task/topic can make locating the last email sent to a client difficult. It would be helpful to have a feature that sorts all emails for a matter in chronological order.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are email issues that need to be addressed before FIP is fully utilized.

Docketing, saving emails, saving references for IDS filing and co-pending cases.

"Time-saver DM system"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of FIP is the email feature. I truly appreciate not having to save every single piece of incoming mail that arrives for various cases throughout the day. As an Intellectual Property Assistant, I'm constantly accessing my inbox and need to have correspondence organized in a manner that is timely and easy to understand. Having each item of mail associated with the client matter is so helpful!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I'm not able to recall emails that are sent by mistake. This feature in Outlook is helpful, at times.

In terms of business problems, FIP helps me easily navigate the key issues regarding specific cases. I'm also able to look up how many cases are being handled for particular clients and can easily identify items that are overdue or need more prompt attention. As for benefits, FIP streamlines the work that needs to get done on a daily basis.

FoundationIP review by <span>Gregory S.</span>
Gregory S.

"Overall good platform for IP submission."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, simple instructions and definitions for new user. Walked the user through what was necessary, was not confusing. Multiple people in our group had to use the platform to fill in information and no one else had any issues with it either.

What do you dislike?

Didn't have any problems at all to report. Even the email setup for multiple users worked well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, works very well without any issues at all.

I'm just a user, this was to submit a patent application. It worked well and was not a confusing new system to have to learn, just straightforward fill in the blanks and everything got taken care of.

Administrator in Law Practice

"Foundation IP User 3+years"

What do you like best?

Foundation IP is a very robust program for tracking and docketing information related to IP Management. After initial period of training, the program does become intuitive. The support team is awesome.

What do you dislike?

It is not incredibly user friendly and the reporting features are quite difficult to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to truly work the software and learn it. It has so many features, that it is possible to miss one. I do wish they offered a two day class or online - start to finish - tutorial - Youtube or something.

FIP keeps up to date with country laws of all countries and the response times for various patent prosection deadlines. This takes the burden off the end-user for trying to count months for a response as well as the deadlines. It is also a very complete file information system where various pieces of client information for each patent portfolio can be tracked.

FoundationIP review by <span>Emilie B.</span>
Emilie B.

"I Love FoundationIP (FIP)"

What do you like best?

I have so many favorite features, but as a law firm, I really love the ability to mange references cited across the entire family.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any real dislikes, the company works with users to ensure that each new release and feature is what the users would like to see in the system. So they are constantly updating things and making each area more in line with the user needs which is pretty awesome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, you won't regret it. When looking into the software, ask to speak to a user and see how they are using the system. Once you get the product, join the user group, use the system for awhile, then schedule your free training as you will know what areas you need help in from the professionals.

It is a huge selling point for our law firm. We are able to offer many extra services through FoundationIP including managing the clients portfolio for them, offering reports that they need easily and quickly, and ensuring less errors in our documents submitted to the PTO by leveraging the PTO Access tool for data verification.

FoundationIP review by <span>Brenda F.</span>
Brenda F.

"FoundationIP is an awesome IP Management System with everything I need!"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of FoundationIP is how customizable it is. You can make it exactly what you need whether you are a firm or corporation, regardless of size.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite thing about FoundationIP is how intimidating it can be to new users. My best advice is to jump in and start using it because once you spend some time in the system, it is less intimidating and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FoundationIP is a great product but the key is to have a good plan from the beginning. Think about how you want things to be set up (matter types, relationships, families, references, reminders, reports, etc.) before actually putting any information in the system. Once you have a plan in place, your system will run how you want it to and make managing your portfolio a piece of cake.

We have a very large portfolio and it is often hard to track what we have in specific areas, what is alive versus closed, new invention disclosures, etc. FoundationIP helps us track our IP portfolio from invention disclosure submission, through filing, prosecution, grant and post-grant. We are also able to easily run metrics and analytics.

FoundationIP review by <span>Erin O.</span>
Erin O.

"Makes Docketing Life Easier"

What do you like best?

The overall functionality is great. I like the separate activities for certain documents and items, it makes the docket look much cleaner.

What do you dislike?

Communication- when the system goes down or updates are made, it's a bit of goose chase to hunt down information. Also, it's a bit busy. There are too many different ways to access information. It can get too teched out.

The benefit is being able to track data and see what users worked on a certain case.

FoundationIP review by <span>Eden S.</span>
Eden S.

"FoundationIP Docketing Solution"

What do you like best?

Both docketing and interpreting your docket are easy and intuitive in FoundationIP. Getting to information you need Is only a few clicks away.

What do you dislike?

I would like more ways to export docketed items to my Outlook calendar. However, there are new solutions on the roadmap to address my concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no one size fits all IP management solution. However FoundationIP covers a wide range of needs for sole proprietors and small law firms to multinational corporations and law firms. It is definitely be considered when seeking a new IP management solution.

FoundationIP covers my needs for docketing as well as reporting. Being able to create reports and have the reports automatically send on a schedule so no manual labor is involved after creating and scheduling the report is very helpful to my overall efficiency.

FoundationIP review by <span>Scott C.</span>
Scott C.

"Comprehensive IP Docketing OIcketing "

What do you like best?

Foundation IP handles complicated records and portfolios; it produces functional and helpful reports for both internal and external needs.

What do you dislike?

Trademark reminders do not include application or registration numbers without logging into site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Foundation IP has strong docketing and reporting functions (internally and with clients). The Foundation IP support function is very responsive and can help with customization needs.

Organizes and dockets complicated IP records; provides great client interface

FoundationIP review by User

"Awkward interface and buggy system limits the utility of this software"

What do you like best?

Ability to create complex reports. Our most advanced users are true believers and find it a powerful tool.

What do you dislike?

Foundation IP is not at all intuitive. Even after a year and a half of use and some training, it is still difficult to use. You need to invest a huge amount of time in figuring out how to navigate the system. Our engineer inventors hate using it and it is actually an obstacle to invention harvesting. It also crashes frequently and takes a long time to load between screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very difficult to use. Invest a huge amount of time in extensive training. Do not expect positive feedback from non-legal users (engineers, etc.) who have to use it for invention disclosure submissions.

I cannot honestly say that I have solved any business problems with FIP. The benefits are limited due to the drawbacks discussed above.

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"FIP - Keeping Work Organized"

What do you like best?

FIP is quick to respond to most queries. Helping to eliminate frustration and lag time.

What do you dislike?

FIP needs a place to store company admin files, HR and other notable documents that do not pertain to a particular client or matter. Also make the contacts easier to search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay close attention to the exact details that FIP can provide. We were hoping that it would be good for our billing, but it is unable to meet our needs in this area (we've spoken to a rep), but it is very good for docketing and overall case management.

We are able to store most of the daily needed information and access it easily.

FoundationIP review by <span>Sharon S.</span>
Sharon S.

"Corporate Paralegal"

What do you like best?

The best part of FIP is the multitude of ways in which to search for a particular item(s) giving the user the ability to find something even if not having all of the information on the trademark readily available.

What do you dislike?

Currently I have no encountered anything that creates a dislike to the product. The product is fairly user friendly.

Having a fully functional trademark database which houses the pertinent documents relating to each trademark entry (i.e. registration, renewals, etc.). Able to locate information within a few seconds of searching. Able to look at actual documents without pulling originals from paper files.

FoundationIP review by <span>Rita B.</span>
Rita B.

"Software does not seem to be meeting its potential"

What do you like best?

Capability of having all matter data in one place

What do you dislike?

The person entering our data does not seem to have sufficient knowledge of the software and the reports are too cumbersome. I also do not like the amount and how we are charged.

FoundationIP houses our IP docketing of active matters. The tremendous benefit is not having to do the docketing functions in-house.

FoundationIP review by User

"Very Reliable Docketing System"

What do you like best?

Our Law Firm has used Foundation IP for about 5 years now. We like how the system tracks references for IDS filings and manages due dates for Intellectual Property.

What do you dislike?

An option to chat with a representative of Foundation IP embedded in the interface would be good addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I heard that we chose this product instead of others because we are charged per matter, rather than a lump sum. Thus, when a matter closes we delete the matter in order to save money. However, I have heard this has caused us to pre-maturely delete some matters.

We are using the system to track Intellectual Property due dates. We are also using it to manage IDS filings. This product has saved us time in not having to generate IDSes manually or docket manually.

FoundationIP review by <span>Eileen D.</span>
Eileen D.

"Foundation IP getting better and better"

What do you like best?

Can handle both patents and trademarks and does all the heavy lifting. One place for many things. Helps us with manage risk and compliance. Like the new dashboard

What do you dislike?

Pto Access is still tough as is setting up reports. It will get better in the next 12 months so looking forward to that

Recommendations to others considering the product

More communication. How does all this fit together and what is the cost or what is included. At dinner last night. I sat with several CPA global folks and not a single one introduced themselves to us or tried to identify us as customers.

Patents and trademarks have different requirements so dealing with prosecution, docket I guess and reporting are the main things we deal with on a daily basis

"Mixed feelings"

What do you like best?

Web access and cloud backup are great and convenient. I like the IDS tracking module as well--it has streamlined our processes.

What do you dislike?

Many features are difficult to actually use. We've had difficulty implementing automatic reminder emails in a useful way, PAIR scrape isn't quite what it was explained to be, and new features are slow to come. Integration with the annuity payment system is not great. Searching internally isn't very flexible--terms and search format are pretty rigid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Detailed implementation plans, care to double-docket during switchover process.

Automated report and docket generation; client docket access; web-based access.

FoundationIP review by <span>Cindy D.</span>
Cindy D.

"New to using FIP"

What do you like best?

Although I am new to using FIP, it is very user friendly

What do you dislike?

Not able to print a docket report, can't see multiple matters at one time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get all the bells and whistles associated with it and offer Free training of the program

None that I am aware of at this time

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"Really help my Company work and we like so much."

What do you like best?

Its convenient, we don't need to worry about download form PAIR everyday, it will automatically come in FIP, and we can just docket. Have a lot features, like sending reminder emails ,run different reports.

What do you dislike?

I hope the customs service can do better or faster, sometime I waiting for an solution too long. And FIP sometime has some error and give us the wrong data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really good one if you thinking change.

IP service. Its really convenient and easy to use. And FIP has a lot feature which helps a lot

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"How did we ever survive without our FIP database??"

What do you like best?

I was very pleased with the attention given during the training process and the ability to receive prompt assistance with questions after training. The ease of creating matters and reports is probably my favorite aspects of the software.

What do you dislike?

I am very pleased with FIP and do not dislike anything thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I performed extensive research and this product is a quality product and very competitively priced.

Missed deadlines have been the biggest problem solver and the biggest benefit realized has been the ease of reporting.

FoundationIP review by <span>Brenda G.</span>
Brenda G.

"Long term relationship with great business"

What do you like best?

User Friendly software. Updates are exciting and saves lots of time with a lot of searches and data entry.

What do you dislike?

With the partnership with CPA Global some of the annuities information do not coincide with CPA Direct, hoping that with the upgrade CPA Direct has this will change.

Tracking is in one database and we are able to keep with up with all due dates.

FoundationIP review by <span>Kristine L.</span>
Kristine L.

"best program"

What do you like best?

I like how it's really easy to use and navigate and all the info is clear.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it doesn't list out all the due dates with all the extensions.

Keeps track all my due dates and the reports are easy to follow.

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"Overall very useful but user experience needs to be cleaned up"

What do you like best?

It is easy to keep track of various activities for all of our different matters.

What do you dislike?

It is way to difficult to create new customized reports. Especially since there is no documentation on fip or that I could find on the internet for how to create them from scratch. I had to work backwards from already created reports to sort of learn how to make some changes.

It makes keeping track of using of all our pending patent cases much easier.

FoundationIP review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"FoundationIP works well for our firm."

What do you like best?

I like the interface with the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

What do you dislike?

The non-functioning link to Innography. The link used to work but then one day went back to asking that I register, which I attempt to do but it never works. I also dislike the poorly written litigation template rules for actions before the TTAB and PTAB. B/c of that we have moved that docketing to a completely different system.

The docketing of patent and trademark prosecution deadlines

FoundationIP review by User

"FIP is a great tool for patent law"

What do you like best?

The improvement to the bulk import of references is very nice! Just needs to be a little more user friendly. I really like the ability to add notes in the "comments" section in activities tab.

What do you dislike?

Sending messages from FIP... there needs to be more formatting options and a preview selection. The emails do not look like they do before sending. The formatting seems fine, but after being sent and delivered, the formatting and text is never consistent. Would like more options for global changes.

We are in the process of customizing templates which is tedious work, but good that it is that this is possible based on client needs.

FoundationIP review by <span>Tina Y.</span>
Tina Y.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. FIP creates an environment that encourages employees to work together as a team. Ensures that all team members know their role and that barriers to success are removed or minimized.

What do you dislike?

The word limit. If a word limit must be imposed, please at least indicate to the user when they have maxed out so as to avoid wasted effort. As of now, when word limit is up, the software simply deletes.

Very function software.

FoundationIP review by <span>Ann Marie P.</span>
Ann Marie P.

"CPA REVIEW"

What do you like best?

Ease of entering and accessing our matter information

What do you dislike?

Limitations on creating reports. Wish we could easily incorporate more fields.

Docketing and maintaining matter info. Ease of locating information and entering information;

FoundationIP review by <span>Ronita P.</span>
Ronita P.

"Effective Docketing Database"

What do you like best?

IDS Module; auto-populated events; ease at which Personnel is added or deleted

What do you dislike?

PTA adjustments not accurate; not easily visible to see audit trail

keeps an accurate docket for the attorneys

"Adequate"

What do you like best?

The search function is very easy to use with lots of search options.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the functionality of running reports to create, for example, a list of all trademarks for a client. Some of the activities generated by entering in new information in a particular matter do not always apply.

We're able to create a complete list of trademark and/or patent records for a client though it doesn't always look that good.

"Easy to use; intuitive"

What do you like best?

FIP is well-organized; deadlines are laid out in clear and easy to understand manner

What do you dislike?

It would be great if I had an easier time adding personal notes to FIP without going through an administrator

I use this for patent prosecution needs; it helps me easily understand what deadlines are coming up. I can also easily run reports

FoundationIP review by User

"One-stop shop for all matters IP-Legal"

What do you like best?

The attention to detail, the rigorous process and the helpful hints on various items and matters of interest.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the links become a confusing maze and I get lost...!

We use FIP as our Legal partner for all things IP related such as Patent Filing, Prosecution, and Follow-up.

FIP has served these requirements very well.

FoundationIP review by <span>Johanna  A.</span>
Johanna A.

"Senior IPDocketing Assistant"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is used as a virtual file and things are stored accordingly.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if global rule changes are made once CPA is notified to ensure accuracy in docketing .

This is a great tool for all in IP to use for all means of communication regarding matters.

"Paralegal/Manager"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to use. Being cloud based, we can work from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Too many steps to insert emails into FIP. Save as PDF and upload and if there are attachments, have to save them separately, PDF and upload. Anaqua has an add-on that allows you to suck the emails into their system.

We have also had problems with emails not making it to their destination. Still trying to resolve that one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel like it is easy to use and complete as far as US and international docketing for patents.

Docketing deadlines which is easy with FIP

FoundationIP review by <span>Steven K.</span>
Steven K.

"I Rely on Foundation IP"

What do you like best?

Computer based duplicate tracking for annuities and maintenance fees as well as prosecution dockets is a requirement. Foundation IP provides all that, as well as updates, relatively seamlessly

What do you dislike?

Even Foundation IP can become cumbersome if you need to alter records

The software keeps us current. We handle payments for our clients, we need to know when these come due

FoundationIP review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.

"Foundation IP Review"

What do you like best?

organized logically. Great central location for all IP data in one place. Easy to search. Central log of all IP activity

What do you dislike?

No concerns here. I suppose if anything the searching could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it. It works well

Organizing my submissions. Central location to find and review my IP. Organization saves time and increases my efficiency.

FoundationIP review by <span>greg d.</span>
greg d.

"Not the user-friendliest product available"

What do you like best?

automated reports and USPTO Access, scraping of USPTO

What do you dislike?

calling the helpdesk for assistance with reports; reports are too complicated to create and there are NO family-related reports that are industry standard with other systems (priority case(s) that mature into families).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find a product that has a family-report (priority lineage)

easy annuity payment platform

FoundationIP review by <span>Cory W.</span>
Cory W.

"Okay platform, not the most streamlined"

What do you like best?

Web based and doesn't require local software

What do you dislike?

A little clunky, especially the sign off process. Website seems slow with a lot of reloading. Can't have more than one foundation IP window up at once or else lose work. Need to do this to copy and paste similar language.

Intellectual property submissions and management.

FoundationIP review by <span>Chase O.</span>
Chase O.

"Foundation IP Review"

What do you like best?

Foundation IP has a plethora of tools that ensure accurate docketing & initiate proper workflows.

What do you dislike?

The reminders within the action can sometimes trip up staff; maybe making the reminders a separate subaction is more plausible.

In the past, the reporting letters and how/when they were sent out was an issue. When I used Foundation IP, the tool for generating reporting letters was beneficial.

"Docketing Assistant"

What do you like best?

It is easy to search for a specific matter. It is really simple to add an activity that is not found in the templates

What do you dislike?

There are not templates for some common activities . All deadline including payment deadlines should have a built-in 3-2-1 month reminder. You should not have to go in a create those.

Tracking deadline and creating docketing reports.

FoundationIP review by <span>Valerie P.</span>
Valerie P.

"Great organizational tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to search our large database easily.

What do you dislike?

Not knowing how to use all the tools provided.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Training, utilize it! They are awesome at helping out.

Deadlines will no longer come so quickly. With the docketing feature we can see our deadlines sooner.

FoundationIP review by User

"CPA Global and FIP review"

What do you like best?

That responsibility for patent maintenance is transferred to CPA Global

What do you dislike?

The time that is needed to transfer the information regarding patent maintenance deadlines

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask FoundationIP regarding ease of transferring from another system to FoundationIP

reduce liability regarding payment of maintenance fees

FoundationIP review by User

"Excellent product but wish it can efficiently cater to lower volume cases as well"

What do you like best?

the format of the weekly reports and how it includes "reminders" as due dates;

it includes all the required fields and none of the less critical fields;

can play around and get more detail if and when needed

What do you dislike?

cost of using the system is too high if volume of cases is low, so not well suited to solo practitioners that only do limited prosecution

Takes the worry of missing deadlines away and helps plan my time better

User in Law Practice

"use of Foundation IP by clients and law firms"

What do you like best?

its unified approach to activities, correspondence and due dates. I like how it breaks things into Activities. I also like the auto-generate functions for IDS's and other documents.

What do you dislike?

The ability to search messages is not as robust as I would like. Also the options for References are confusing (Marked, Unmarked, etc), but that might be specific to my client

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provides an excellent system that integrates docketing, file management and communications.

a large client was using it, so we adapted to it.

"Worth the switch"

What do you like best?

Great interface. Intuitive functions. Accurate deadline generation. Great customer service.

What do you dislike?

Anchoring of pop-up menus could used some improvement especially when using multiple screens. Pair scrape functionalities could further be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely

Trust gained the organization in producing accurate deadlines.

Administrator in Law Practice

"FIP is simple and user-friendly"

What do you like best?

The best thing about FIP is the simple screens and organization of the data. Information is easy to find and sort through.

What do you dislike?

Creating reports is a bit difficult and not user friendly.

The web-based platform is helpful because we outsource our docketing. The link into FTF is helpful as well.

FoundationIP review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Foundation IP"

What do you like best?

This software makes it very easy to keep track of your IP dockets.

What do you dislike?

It is not as user-friendly as I believe it could be.

This is an easy way to keep track of IP deadlines. This is one of three ways we keep track of these. It would be great if we could link it with the CPA Global Direct and Workbench softwares so that you are not going in and out of different software.

FoundationIP review by <span>Susan D.</span>
Susan D.

"FIP review"

What do you like best?

Its innovation and how they keep up with Changing environments. The new dashboard features and the syncing with PTO Access.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report building features can be a struggle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, streamline processes

Having outside counsel docket directly into our system and the ability to share documents and store documents in one place.

FoundationIP review by <span>Steven H.</span>
Steven H.

"CPA Foundation IP User Experience"

What do you like best?

The ease with which users can generate reports and obtain information using a variety of searching parameters.

What do you dislike?

The tendency for CPA to include illogical automatic deadlines in FIP.

The largest benefit is to allow our clients access to their docketing information.

FoundationIP review by User

"R&D engineer focused on NPD"

What do you like best?

interface is easy and intuitive, I like how the website walks you through the process of how to submit content.

What do you dislike?

too many steps and clicks between each process steps

global system to document with peers IP submissions

FoundationIP review by <span>Melissa E.</span>
Melissa E.

"Best IP software I've worked with"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to docket something -- even if you don't know what it is!

What do you dislike?

There is A LOT of clicking to do in order to get to certain places.

IDSs are so easy now!

FoundationIP review by <span>Amy H.</span>
Amy H.

"Ok, but could do better"

What do you like best?

Email reminders relating to tasks due, reminders appear automatically when dates entered.

What do you dislike?

Outdated interface, not user friendly. No ability to change date format to non US i.e. day/month/year.

Keeping on top of reminders for tasks due

FoundationIP review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Database Manager"

What do you like best?

organized, responsive, experienced team who made the process very easy

What do you dislike?

I didn't dislike anything. the service was very smooth and easy.

organizing a large portfolio of patents from all over the world

Administrator in Law Practice

"Must Have for Professionals"

What do you like best?

The report functions are a great tool for showing clients

What do you dislike?

It does not connect with IP Australia, would be great to have it linked

Being able to manage portfolios online is great

FoundationIP review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"generally good review of FIP"

What do you like best?

Flexible reporting; good response from "help desk"

What do you dislike?

IDS module is not as powerful / not as flexible as needed

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider cost / performance tradeoff. Big systems (Anaqua) are very expensive. Smaller, cheaper systems might not have the req'd capability

patent docketing

FoundationIP review by User

"Patent and trademark prosecution attorney"

What do you like best?

The reminders are helpful, and timely.

What do you dislike?

I think it may be the way the system is implemented on our end, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information provided regarding the marks at issue - i.e., the serial no., atty docket no., etc.

In addition, it would be helpful for the daily reminders to be somehow consolidated instead of numerous emails per day.

Trademark docketing reminders.

"Product Review"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly, i think also that FIP allows you to run almosty any type of report.

What do you dislike?

It has to many pages, if the pages could be consolidated that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know exactly what your desires and needs are for the functionality you are wanting to gain. Also for tracking purposes build a portfolio where everything in trackable in case of error and correction.

It allows you to keep track of vital filing due dates and reminders. It also allows your clients to keep track of the progress you are making.

"Foundation IP review"

What do you like best?

The ability to archive detailed notes and file histories into each of our records.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there are too many redundant layers when navigating the system and creating / running reports can be a difficult experience.

TM docketing

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"The Microsoft of Docketing"

What do you like best?

FIP has been around forever and is tried and true

What do you dislike?

The FIP UI has not been modernized in forever and it is as clunky as web pages of the 1990s. In particular, the ability to easily generate reports sucks. Also, how to define or modify rules is opaque.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider something else.

I use FIP for docketing. It tracks dates more reliably than Microsoft Excel.

"Foundation IP"

What do you like best?

Very easy to navigate through the system

What do you dislike?

The new update - when you scroll through the references tab, you can only see a limited amount

Docketing!

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"Solid Product with Complete Functionality to Mange Our IP"

What do you like best?

The ability to keep all of our IP in central database that can be accessed by multiple people worldwide and the ability to mine the IP data.

What do you dislike?

UI is dated and and could take advantage of more modern UI Technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid full-featured product with ability to customize and tailor to your needs.

Being able to understand why IP we have to protect our patents and which patents we have for defensive purposes.

"FIP works"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and fairly intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Frequent slow periods and down times for maintenance.

Scheduling, it helps a lot.

FoundationIP review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"FoundationIp has become a valuable tool for our company"

What do you like best?

Reporting functionality, CPA direct, cost savings, and excellent customer support

What do you dislike?

Difficulties with designing reports. I need to run a FIP report as well as a CPA cost for life report and merge the two to capture all relevant fields I.e. Renewal date fee and legal firm name with reference numbers.

We are now able to view our entire patent and TM portfolio in house. By utilizing COA we have extensive cost savings by paying annuities in house.

"Its very easy to use"

What do you like best?

The reference and related application capabilities

What do you dislike?

i dislike the searching fields in references

Recommendations to others considering the product

many capabilities

easy tracking of related patents

Administrator in Law Practice

"FIP Review - well organized and efficient"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the program is user friendly. It is easy to navigate and search for various items, such as annuity dates, information disclosure statement info priority information. The "dashboard" is helpful, all of the information you need is right in front of you.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced anything that I dislike about FIP. So far it just provides the information I need and I rarely cannot find what I need.

Again benefits of having the information for our IP matters organized in a way that is efficient and easily accessible are great. I work within intellectual property and docketing deadlines are a big part of how we operate.

FoundationIP review by Administrator

"useful program that's not quite perfect"

What do you like best?

ability to run daily docket reports, ability to enter deadlines easily

What do you dislike?

not always accurate in terms of country rules, does not automatically move deadlines to next business days

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worthwhile if you run frequent docket reports. Worthwhile for larger practices.

keeping a docket of thousands of trademarks straight

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to cross cite matters, and track references for IDSs. Love to have a place to store NPLs, addresses, and names. Great to customize our own templates and activities

What do you dislike?

Reports are difficult to create without assistance

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absoutely.

easy tracking, file IDSs consistency,

FoundationIP review by User

"It is very user friendly and not too complicated to learn once you learn it."

What do you like best?

Even though we don't have the capacity to use it at this time, I like the various ways you can perform searches.

What do you dislike?

At this time because we do not have shared capacity I am not qualified to answered this question.

Docketing

"Intuitive"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty intuitive software... There's not a lot of training involved to figure it out.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure how to close out a started disclosure. They just end up sitting there.

It's easy to quickly document new ideas.

"FIP Review"

What do you like best?

FIP does the leg work as long as I know what template to use when generating activities.

What do you dislike?

I dislike template searching if the activities code isn't readily known, as well as creating reports from scratch.

Speed and accuracy

Administrator in Law Practice

"The system is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The ease of docketing and reporting. I love how you can search action by typing in a few characters.

What do you dislike?

The system is very slow sometime fairly often.

It is a great docketing software if utilized properly

"seamless and easy"

What do you like best?

The form covers all the necessary details to be captured for filing an IP

What do you dislike?

Users should be given an option to customize the fields in the form

we filed a patent using foundation ip.

FoundationIP review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"My experience with Foundation has been a long learning curve"

What do you like best?

search and report capability, ability to see histories of various IP matters

What do you dislike?

too many nested menus that are non-intuitive to navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

try to get a cook book manual on how to navigate it

ability to see our IP histories

"Useful Tool"

What do you like best?

I like how it automatically brings due dates in.

What do you dislike?

The summaries need to be a little more user friendly.

Tracking IP throughout the world. Being able to track IP throughout the world.

FoundationIP review by Administrator in Mining & Metals
Administrator in Mining & Metals

"Very Useful Patent database"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, covers all my needs. Seemless.

What do you dislike?

Fields are redundant. I don't use most of the fields.

I keep track of the IP at work globally using FIP.

FoundationIP review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"FIP "

What do you like best?

Ability to have accurate data keeping. Interface with Gmail is good. Invention submission wizard does not work weell

What do you dislike?

Cutomization and lack of support from vendor. Response time u

Is poor

Accurate data keeping

FoundationIP review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Easy website to navigate"

What do you like best?

the layout is clear. Support prompt and helpful.

What do you dislike?

tne complexity of entering Int'l extensions

ease of managing a portfolio of over 1,000 marks.

View Original

"Docket manager"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly, ease of creating new records

What do you dislike?

detailed reports are not very easy to create

Great managing a large portfolio

User in Law Practice

"Good software easy to use with timely updates for rules and nice features"

What do you like best?

Docketing functions. Really good rule sets and updated regularly. Good support

What do you dislike?

occasional downtime. Slowness is an occasional issue

Docketing. helps with workflows

FoundationIP review by User

"working to manage docket"

What do you like best?

lots of reminders; easy to navigate and understand

What do you dislike?

lots of reminders and duplicative emails

making sure nothing gets missed

"CPA Global "

What do you like best?

Ease of use

What do you dislike?

finding IP can be tough

easier to figure out what we've done as a corp

FoundationIP review by Administrator in Semiconductors
Administrator in Semiconductors

"Foundation IP"

What do you like best?

Functionality and customization is very helpful

What do you dislike?

Ebilling needs work, could be more refined

Portfolio management

Learn more about FoundationIP

FoundationIP Videos

Learning about FoundationIP?

* We monitor all FoundationIP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.