Four Winds Interactive

1.5

FWi’s customers use our software to communicate more effectively, solve wayfinding challenges, enhance safety, increase sales and create a better experience for their audiences.

Work for Four Winds Interactive?

Learning about Four Winds Interactive?

Four Winds Interactive Reviews

Ask Four Winds Interactive a Question
Showing 3 Four Winds Interactive reviews
Four Winds Interactive review by Clifford M.
Clifford M.

"Digital Signage Made Overly Complicated"

What do you like best?

I used this because it was required by my institution. This is honestly the best thing I can say about this software.

Previously, we had been using a series of extremely simple webpages on our signage that were in rotation and could easily be edited by hand. After, we were to use software that required constant updates, crashed regularly on standard media, and refused to uncache older content without rebooting the PC.

What do you dislike?

The interface was overly complicated. It felt like software that was designed to guarantee a job to a staff member because no one could figure it out. Changes often required rebooting the entire system of every single sign that was being used.

Quite often, the libraries used to display video crashed the system. Setting schedules / campaigns was overly complicated. I was use to doing very similar activities for the web using OpenX advertising software...I would have been happy to see the same interface used for this.

It has been two years since I've been in charge of this software, but the system administrator from the previous organization routinely emails to ask how I accomplished something -- for instance setting certain displays to show only at a specific time at night ("We will open again at...").

It was overly complicated for something that should have been anything but.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would ask the company why all the solutions are behind a paywall as opposed to having an open discussion forum. We had to create an in-house discussion list to try to solve issues, mostly of staff members who also did not know how to find the solution.

My usage was entirely for digital signage. The one feature that was useful was that we could tie this into an emergency feed -- if there was a campus emergency, the emergency management team could override our signs to get information out to students. However, the one time in the 4 years I used this that we could have, the display crashed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Four Winds Interactive
Four Winds Interactive review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Four Winds Interactive Content Manager"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about this software is that it has the ability to display a wide array of file formats. It is very easy to configure. The ability to setup a slideshow or show to display on kiosk machines is very easy. It does have some nice abilities to remotely schedule a reboot of the system, but sometimes on the reboot the software does not load correctly.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike the most is that the software has not proven to be very stable. It does crash randomly and I have had to re-install the software several times. I have had problems with the license randomly stating that it is not authorized. I've made quite a few calls to FWI to fix this and have always been told to just re-enter the serial number. They cannot figure out why it asks for it randomly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product if you are looking at a cheap solution to present slideshows, pictures or videos on a tv or kiosk. The software is easy enough to use and setup that you could be up and running in an hour or so.

I use this software to display power points, videos, pictures on a video TV display which runs 24/7. The benefit of this product is that it allows me to display content to all 3 shifts when I am not available. This is very handy when communicating time sensitive information.

What Digital Signage solution do you use?

Four Winds Interactive review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great Pre-Sales, Poor Post-Sales"

What do you like best?

It's nice to manage all media players from my desktop.

What do you dislike?

The software is clunky, I have to do a manual refresh of every media player to make sure the changes were received (sometimes it happens as it should, and other times it doesn't). I can't rely on the software to do what it's promised to do.

We used to have to walk around to every media player and upload new content manually. Now we can do it from one location.

There are not enough reviews of Four Winds Interactive for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Mira Logo
Mira
Mira makes it easy to connect and control all of your screens. Mira takes the design work out of creating professional content. It lets you create announcements, menus, calendars, & more, without moving a single pixel.
Enplug Logo
Enplug
Digital Signage and Social Media Display Software
Scala Logo
Scala
Driving more than 500,000 screens worldwide, Scala solutions increase sales, improve brand loyalty, optimize the customer experience, and reinforce business objectives.
viewneo Logo
viewneo
viewneo is a cloud-based digital signage solution for smb market and big business.
Rise Vision Logo
Rise Vision
4.0
Rise Vision is an Enterprise Digital Signage Platform that provides everything you need to create amazing digital signage. Create your own content and our Platform distributes it to any Display, anytime, anywhere.
TelemetryTV Digital Signage Logo
TelemetryTV Digital Signage
4.9
TelemetryTV is a cloud-based digital signage platform. Users have the ability to design, publish, and manage digital signage, dashboards, video playback, social app feeds, and advertisements all updating in real time with any number of displays. It works with consumer grade hardware like Google Chromeboxes, Windows and Intel NUCs.
embed signage Logo
embed signage
embed signage is cloud based Digital Signage software that can publish digital signage content to an unlimited number of registered, compatible devices. The tools you need to deliver the content they won’t forget.
ScreenCloud Digital Signage Logo
ScreenCloud Digital Signage
3.9
ScreenCloud is a SaaS product for enabling digital signage on any screen. They work with consumer grade hardware like Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV.
Cnario Digital Signage Suite Logo
Cnario Digital Signage Suite
Cnario Suite is a complete digital signage playback, distribution and content management platform for informational, educational and commercial messaging used by retailers, airports, hotels and financial institutions to attract and engage customers in a multimedia rich immersive experience.
Screenly Logo
Screenly
4.9
Screenly is a digital signage platform for the Raspberry Pi.

Learning about Four Winds Interactive?

* We monitor all Four Winds Interactive reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.