Foxit PhantomPDF

Intuitive and easy to use, Foxit PhantomPDF is a powerful, fast, secure, and affordable PDF editor for anyone who needs to convert, create, collaborate, or edit PDF files.

Work for Foxit PhantomPDF?

Learning about Foxit PhantomPDF?

Foxit PhantomPDF Reviews

Ask Foxit PhantomPDF a Question
Showing 108 Foxit PhantomPDF reviews
Foxit PhantomPDF review by Grant C.
Grant C.

"Beats Acrobat hands down in every area."

What do you like best?

I started using FoxitPhantom PDF back in April this year, and I just love the performance. In every respect it's fast to use, but the one stand-out feature is the user interface. It follows the new Microsoft standard and so it's totally seamless in my workflow, I can find everything I need super quick. One thing I should really mention, I use it every day and I don't recall it ever crashing, not once Windows 8.1 or since I've upgraded to Windows 10 - awesome. I really like the digital signature mechanisms, in Acrobat they're almost impossible to use, but in FoxitPhantom PDF they're fantastic, you can even write your signature directly into the program with a tablet or touch pad. It's super fast at opening files and sending print jobs to the spooler.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to find a way to use Foxit as my sole PDF reader/editor. I don't know if it's me, but in Google Chrome I seem to be stuck with the Acrobat extension. - Update 05/2018: In the end I completely removed Acrobat from my system and that allowed the PDF extension for web browsers to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering and get this product, it's awesome and will save you money over the Adobe offering. It performs flawlessly and is a joy to use.

I use it for almost all my electronic document storage needs, and it's saved me money over the cost of other equivalent offerings by other vendors. Another benefit is the speed I can print downloaded documents, it has halved the time it used to take me with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF review by John H.
John H.

"Solid PDF Solution. Everyone Should Give It a Test Drive - Great Adobe Alternative"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use with an intuitive UI. Little to no learning curve if you are familiar with PDF editing/creation. The creation/formatting features are more robust than I expected and make creating whitepapers and larger documents a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Nearly every time I install an update, I have to re-verify my license. Not a deal breaker but it is a hassle since I use it on multiple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely worth the time to give it a test run. The free trial provides all of the access needed to get a good idea as to whether or not it is a good solution for your needs.

Foxit PhantomPDF offers all of the necessary features at a very competitive price. The best part is it can be purchased as a stand-alone software instead of annoying packages like what Adobe has started to do.

The ability to upload PDFs to their cloud service is a nice added benefit although not necessarily a game changer for people who already use a different cloud service.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Nameer M.
Nameer M.

"Get this get this get this!"

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF has one of the best features any PDF viewer can have. Easy to use and free to download. As well as providing a way to view PDF files, the program can also be used to create this type of file, sign PDFs, and add annotations. There are also Foxit Reader plugins for Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) that make for easy conversion of common file types, and open up the possibility of create PDFs from pretty much any file you can open

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features are paid only features and can only be accessed if the software is bought/ upgraded. One disadvantage is that Users need to take great care during the install process to avoid a variety of unwanted components and system changes, the make-up of which is changed regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software because of the cost (FREE) and the ease of using this software. The user interface even makes the software more better to use. Highy recommended.

As Foxit is easy to use and set up, I use this software only to view PDF files in my office computer. Any time I receive an email to view, verify or edit any documents, I use Foxit Phantom because this software makes reading better. I can even ensure privacy and authentication by securing the document and adding a password which restricts editing to the document

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Kamran B.
Kamran B.

"Reading made easy"

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF is without question one of the best PDF Viewer applications out there. Easy to use, great graphics, colorful themes and completely free to download. Phantom PDF has all the usual form creation features. It also handles password and certificate protection and supports DocuSign signatures. Unlike Power PDF, it doesn’t let you draw a signature, but you can load one via an existing image.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint, an exceedingly small one, is the small size of the type in the leftmost column of the file menu, which looks out of place with the larger text to the right. If I’m reaching that far to find something to complain about, you know things are in good shape.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to people who view documents on a daily basis .Professionals working in any office need to get this software as this is cheaper and more fun and easy to use than other PDF Readers.

I use Fox it Phantom PDF a lot. not only has this decreased my software costs but also helped me in reading documents more quickly. With the extra feature of adding security so the document can not be edited is crucial for my business. Sending out invoices and tax chalans to authorities require a lot of reliability and honesty. If a document is password protected, I can make sure that it is not changed afterwards hence ensuring complete authenticity.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Daniyal K.
Daniyal K.

"Best suited for Office Use"

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF is an ideal PDF software application for business use. An advantage this software has over other PDF software is the range of editing and security features Foxit has. It is significantly cheaper than Adobe Acrobat Reader and gives you a value for your money. I really like the password protection and the Docusign feature of this software. Surely, Foxit Phantom is the ultimate PDF software for professional use

What do you dislike?

One major disadvantage of this software is the inability to let us draw a signature but instead lets us load one up from an existing image. Along with this, if the PDF file is complex and rich in media, while converting to a Word Doc, some data might be lost and the output isn’t commendable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to all professionals who use PDF files a lot in their daily office routine

Working in the pharmaceutical sector, I have to make a lot of documents which need to be sent out regularly to the authorities, doctors, clients and of course, my team. These documents, usually of 50+ pages, need to be rich in media as they may become boring to read. Foxit comes of use here. When I send invoices or important notices to doctors, I make sure that the PDF file I send is secured and uneditable. Foxit makes sure that my documents aren’t compromised in any way. I use Foxit on a daily basis and switching to another software never even crossed my mind.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Sandra P.
Sandra P.

"Muchas ventajas para pdf"

What do you like best?

Múltiples instancias. Puede optar por configurar "tabbed" como su navegador web, O puede permitir varias ventanas. Es genial que puedas elegir esto. Es fantástico hacer funciones comunes de clics rápidos. Por ejemplo, puede seleccionar varios archivos PDF en la ventana del explorador y hacer clic con el botón derecho para acceder al menú FoxIt. Desde allí, puede seleccionar "Combinar" y colocar instantáneamente varios documentos en el mismo lugar. ¡Muy útil! El reconocimiento de texto es muy sólido. He tenido que descifrar algunos faxes bastante feos con una precisión notable.

What do you dislike?

Usar los campos de formulario puede ser un desafío. Si bien algunos aspectos son intuitivos, otros aspectos, como establecer un orden de tabulación, pueden ser confusos. La interfaz de usuario es más antigua. Definitivamente me gustaría tener las cosas más fáciles de usar. Nuestros clientes se quejan de que no es "bonita" como Adobe. Nunca me ha gustado tener que cambiar la opción del puntero (selector de mano contra texto) para hacer cosas diferentes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Para las empresas más pequeñas que buscan ir sin papel, es perfecto. Es asequible, fácil de usar y tiene un flujo de trabajo realmente bueno para convertir todo. Creo que también funciona bien para las empresas que buscan convertir solo sus archivos adjuntos de correo electrónico. Esto fue en realidad donde comenzamos y funcionó a la perfección. Creo que las compañías más grandes necesitarían algo más integrado o ya tendrán las mismas características integradas en un sistema más grande.

Actualmente usamos FoxitPhantom PDF para convertir todos nuestros documentos a un sistema de archivo PDF sin papel. Hasta ahora nos han autorizado más de 30 archivadores. También hemos implementado un sistema de escaneo y destrucción en el que cada (bien casi cada) nuevo documento que entra se escanea de inmediato y luego se tritura. Finalmente, utilizamos el optimizador de PDF para ahorrar espacio en todos nuestros archivos de gran tamaño.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Christopher H.
Christopher H.

"A Substitute for Adobe but not the Best"

What do you like best?

I like the OCR function, it will perform the function on the whole document where as the Adobe OCR function is more difficult to use and is only performed on the page being viewed. There are a lot of features which is nice and it's relatively an inexpensive piece of software. It also does a decent job of integrating with Microsoft Outlook.

What do you dislike?

Besides the OCR tool, it's not the most user friendly PDF software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adobe is more user friendly but Foxit packs in a lot of features. I prefer using Adobe.

I'm able to take documents that and search for words using the OCR tool that FoxIt provides. It also helps to convert documents from word to pdf and other formats such as PNG and JPG.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Zahid Z.
Zahid Z.

"Essential for everyone"

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF can be downloaded for free and is easily found over the internet. I like that when opening PDF files, I have options other then just reading and printing the file. I like the feature of adding notes and comments along with the feature of highlighting important stuff on the document itself

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything bad to say about this software. I use it religiously every day at work and it works every time.Covers all my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely, I would like to recommend this product to any individual who uses documents for his / her professional use. Literally makes your life easier and your work, more professional

I am part of a major consultancy firm and it is because of the nature of my work that I have to make loads of documents every day. I always use Foxit Phantom PDF for my official use and its been almost 4-5 years since I first started using Foxit and to this day, I have never looked back. I can edit add, add my comments or highlight specific portions of the document with complete ease.And if someone else adds anything, I can also track changes

Foxit PhantomPDF review by William R.
William R.

"Great software for filling out PDF forms."

What do you like best?

The ease of use makes it really quick to fill out forms and applications, ensuring that formatting is correct. It also makes it really easy to not only fill out forms, but create them also in a very straight forward way. A lot of other editors make it difficult to format new forms correctly, but with PhantomPDF its easy to align and create all types of forms. Overall it just saves us a lot of time. Before with other editors it was always finnicky getting both creation and editing to work correctly when finally exported, but with PhantomPDF it just works without having to try and get the forms to look correctly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing disliked about PhantomPDF is the installation size, at about 200mb its quite a bit more hefty than some of the other lighter PDF editors. Also, the style of the user interface is a little dated compared to the more modern user interface of some other editors. The chrome web extension is a bit clunky sometimes also.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Also really good for creating business forms, not just filling them out.

Filling out PDF based forms was taking a lot of time. Since using PhantomPDF, we have saved a lot of time that would normally go to ensuring forms are filled out correctly and the formatting is correct. It also saved us a lot of time creating our own personal PDF forms to send to clients etc.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Alastair H.
Alastair H.

"The Best Adobe Alternative on the Market"

What do you like best?

I've been using the Adobe suite of products since they first hit the market. When they started bundling Adobe Acrobat into their Master Suite of products, I quickly became a huge fan. My clients that needed a power .PDF creation and editing tool, however, couldn't all afford the large price tag that of Acrobat. That's when I found the Foxit products. A powerful group of tools with a much smaller price point. What I like the most is that they just seem to keep getting better with each version.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it feels like the interface could be more intuitive in Foxit PhantomPDF. The way the items are organized in the menus can be a little cumbersome, but the power of the tools sometimes surpasses even that of Adobe Acrobat.

Even though we still have access to Acrobat as part of the Adobe Suite, we still use PhantomPDF for a majority of our .PDF editing needs. This is because PhantomPDF's ability to modify and add elements within a .PDF are much more straightforward.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Jo P.
Jo P.

"Excellent Product for the Small Business"

What do you like best?

I like the the versatility of the program and how it's a much better deal than Adobe. In particular, I like the fact that can select a series of documents and it when I right click, it gives me the option to automatically combine or convert with Foxit PDF.

What do you dislike?

The combine feature is a little confusing. (But it works well.) Also some of the editing features are difficult to figure out how to use. The interface is utilitarian, but a bit crowded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to get to know the program. It's very powerful and has a couple of quirks. But overall, was the absolute best on the market. We tried everything out there, and this is the only one worth purchasing. Our functions were mostly the combining of documents and a little on the fly editing of existing PDF's.

Combining and basic editing of PDF's. Much much easier than Adobe. Overall, very pleased with the product. I would purchase again.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Excellent PDF Editor"

What do you like best?

FoxIt can do everything from fillable forms to Bates Stamps. I use FoxIt every day. Yesterday I electronically signed a contract while I was out of the office and created a fillable form. There are too many features to list. If you want to manipulate a PDF then you need FoxIt. You can also send encrypted documents.

What do you dislike?

The only criticism is that the IT support is slow. You can't just call a help desk and get someone on the phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare all of the PDF Editors in the marketplace and you will see why we chose FoxIt.

Creating fillable forms for our clients. Before FoxIt all of our client forms were in Word only and formatting Word documents is complex. FoxIt is much easier. I work at a law firm and we upload and download documents from the courts and they are all PDF.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Tiffany D.
Tiffany D.

"Excellent functional PDF creator/viewer"

What do you like best?

I love all of the editing features available in Foxit, which was my reason for purchasing a license. For both business and personal use, I find myself often needing the ability to edit PDFs by combing multiple PDF documents into one, rearranging the pages of a PDF, adding or deleting pages, marking comments on pages of PDFs, etc, and I love that Foxit gives me the ability to do all of that very easily!

What do you dislike?

For the price, it would be nice if it could be installed on more than one computer.

I often need to forward documents to colleagues or clients via email and it's nice using Foxit to edit the documents before sending them so I am sending only the necessary bits of information - I can combine multiple PDF documents into one file, rearrange pages to put the most important ones first, add/remove pages as needed, mark comments on pages, etc with little hassle!

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Cheap alternative to Adobe Acrobat."

What do you like best?

Installed and running on a 2012r2 with no problems. My company only owns a few seat so I created a little watchdog to limit the number of active users to the number of licenses. Once that number has been reached users are automatically directed to the reader. We had Adobe Acrobat 8 Pro and PhantomPDF meets all of our needs. Can create interactive stamps as well, which was the main reason we had Adobe Pro to begin with.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the new Office style ribbon bars. I wish there was a toggle to go back to the old style. I know everybody is going towards that style, I just don't like it. Not much to dislike really. It does what we need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really wasn't much of a transition from Adobe really. I have 20+ users and only a couple couldn't find an Adobe function in Phantom quickly. It was there just not in same spot, but that probably came from moving from the old style ribbon bar to the new style.

We just needed an alternative to Adobe. With the price we paid for 5 seats of PhantomPDF, we could have only bought 1 seat of Adobe.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"I really love the OCR or the Optical character recognition (OCR) software on Foxit PhantomPDF becaus"

What do you like best?

I really love the OCR or the Optical character recognition (OCR) software on Foxit PhantomPDF because it works with my scanner to convert printed characters into digital text, allowing me to search for or edit my document in a word processing program.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about this program is that it sometimes crashes when you try to combine different pdf files together into one pdf file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You all need to try to figure out some ways to get the crashing to stop when one tries to combine different pdf files into one pdf file.

One benefit of this program is that I can use the OCR program or feature embedded into the Foxit PhantomPDF program, so I can convert scanned pdf files into ordinary pdf files, where I can use the "Search" feature to find words faster. Wow! I am very happy I purchased Foxit PhantomPDF from this company! I recommend Foxit to keep adding new and newer features because you all will never ever stop generating net income after federal income taxes.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Ice X.
Ice X.

"Powerful app that helps you view and edit all your PDF documents"

What do you like best?

It ensures maximum compatibility throughout all PDF documents, doesn't matter where you created the PDF from. It's powerful enough to edit all the elements of a PDF documents, so that it makes you look extremely competent and professional when you send an edited PDF document over to the receiving party.

What do you dislike?

It may be a little too costly. File association on some platform may be a little unreliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are someone who constantly deal with PDFs on a regular basis, you'll want to purchase Foxit PhantomPDF, it saves time, makes you look more competent, and simply impress others. I've received tons of compliments on how efficient and professional I am from my client, simply because I use Foxit Phantom to edit all my PDF documents.

I constantly need to edit PDF documents from other real estate agents. Many old school agents will print a document out, use a pen to write on it, then scan it back. It is not only extremely un-professional, but also makes a mess everywhere. With PhantomPDF, you can easily solve the above problem.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"I cannot believe Adobe gets away with their prices with Foxit Phantom PDF on the market!"

What do you like best?

Everything. It has literally every single feature that Adobe Professional has, but it is at least half the cost. I actually think it is much faster and easier to use than Adobe. The form creator is so easy and editing the documents is so much easier. Also, we hand giant PDF documents and it took jobs that would take 60 minutes to less than 5 minutes. Simply an amazing piece of software.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything bad to say about the product. I have tried really hard to find bad things about because the price was so much less. However, I have not be able to find one feature it is missing from the Adobe product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a Professional PDF editing software, buy this.

It is tremendously faster than Adobe and much better priced.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"90% of you don't need to pay MUCH more for Adobe"

What do you like best?

I haven't found anything yet that you need Adobe pro for that this can't do

What do you dislike?

License activations could be easier to monitor without having to switch to their more expensive subscription plan. Their software bugs you to upgrade to the newer version. It also has multip admin credential prompts during installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try this for the vast majority of users first before buying Adobe's very expensive product

Editing PDFs, redacting information in PDF, converting and and from PDFs to / from Office 365.

"Essential PDF editor"

What do you like best?

The easiness of usage brands it truly speedy to enough out forms and applications, ensuring that formatting is correct. It besides brands it truly easy to not lone enough out forms, merely brand them besides in a precise consecutive forward manner. A batch of other editors brand it difficult to formatting new forms right, merely with phantompdf its easy to aline and brand all types of forms.

What do you dislike?

A batch of the features ar paid lone features and tin lone beryllium accessed if the softwar is bought/ upgraded. 1 liability is that users demand to return large car during the instal procedure to debar a assortment of unwanted components and scheme changes, the makeup of which is changed on a regular basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a must have for the price. Easy licensing and roll-out to users.

The quality to transfer pdfs to their physical phenomenon work is a nice added payment though not needfully a crippled modifier for groups already usage a different physical phenomenon work.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Fantastic PDF Software for Business"

What do you like best?

This is a great pdf tool for business needs. You are able to do so much even without opening the software. You can select multiple files from your computer, right click and then click merge in fox it or you can right click a jpg image and right click and click "covert in foxit" and it will open it up and you are already one step ahead of the game.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything that I dislike about it. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is fantastic, easy to use and easy to learn

Being able to convert jpg images into pdf documents

merging mutliple individual files into pdf documents

Being able to fill out pdf forms without printing and doing by hand

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"Better then Adobe."

What do you like best?

I like that it is an alternative to the standard Adobe Suite. It has a lot of extra features and works wonderfully. It's essentially a hybrid of Microsoft Word and Adobe. Additionally I like the fact that they give a free trial, but I do wish it was longer than 14 days.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve, but once you get that out of the way it is easy to use And they do provide videos to help out. Additionally it would be fantastic if there was a comprehensive support network or knowlege base articles that we as customers could use. It's basically staring at infinite possibilities and not knowing where to start or how to accomplish what you are looking to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it a little more user friendly out of the gate. Also supply a full free version with limited features to hook in additional customers.

Originally I started using this because I needed to edit some PDF files but did not want to shell out for Adobe. I often find that using alternative products tend to me more helpful for the end users. This is a good example. I've never had a problem with Foxit reader or foxit phantom pro freezing or locking out my computer.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Surajan B.
Surajan B.

"An easy & powerful alternative to Acrobat "

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF is a complete PDF product for personal and business users. You can edit multiple pdf files with edit and multimedia integration function.along with basic and advance security. It can convert pdf to different multiple extensions format. It's multilingual capability helps users from different countries to use the product.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty hard to learn as it has many functions and tools you haven't even heard of. It doesn't convert files to EPUB as EPUB is recognizable everywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For every business, i think foxit phantom is an very powerful tool to build your business cover. So i recommend every business user to buy this product.

I am using this product to create my business proposals, presentations and some graphical works as i work as a Graphics Designer

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Great alternative to Adobe Acrobat - save your budget"

What do you like best?

I feel as though Phantom PDF is just as powerful as the industry leading Adobe Acrobat. It is fairly simple to understand even within a short amount of time. I did not run into any issues using the products and in fact have now licensed 15 users with it none of which have had any major issues.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to say here. I supposed the only major issue is that it isn't an Adobe product, so users coming into this with experience in acrobat may have some issues adjusting. I did not have that problem, but other may.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. The trials work well and should let you know if you can benefit from the software.

We are using this primarily to mark up AutoCad drafts. Because of the cost effectiveness of Foxit sofware (compared to other PDF editors...) we have realized that more users could benefit from this software than we initially thought.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Roberto Z.
Roberto Z.

"Best PDF maker in the market"

What do you like best?

I have used Foxit PhantomPDF for many years and I have always been impressed by its reliability, features, and customer support. But the thing I like the best is Foxit PhantomPDF cost effectiveness - a lot of bang for the buck.

What do you dislike?

Only negative is that sometimes updating the software can take a while. Not a negative per se, but I would like to see a Mac version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I beleive Foxit PhantomPDF offers a free trial. I highly recommend you give it a shot.

I mostly use Foxit PhantomPDF for the work I do in academia. Having a pdf maker that is reliable and easy to use is very important to me and the students I serve.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Borivoje B.
Borivoje B.

"Am a reseller and personally used it"

What do you like best?

Editing Text

Modifying Objects

Annotations

Redaction

Digital Signature

What do you dislike?

Conversion to MS Office documents is fairly good for the casual user but it should be better in my opinion

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ones using Adobe Acrobat, please give it a try and I hope you will find it living up to your requirements.

The ones that haven't used PDF tool before, give it a try as you'll find it quite intuitive. There is a good chance that you'll eventually like it, and it offers a great value for the bucks.

Signing, annotating and reviewing Contracts, Invoices, POs, where PhantomPDF makes it easy as it save a lot of time and resources.

When reselling this to customers, they all love the product since it solves their everyday need around PDF, and especially the larger corporate clients that used to work with Adobe Acrobat find Foxit PhantomPDF to be a matching alternative for a fraction of the cost they pay to Adobe.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Ronn B.
Ronn B.

"An Alternative Has Arrived "

What do you like best?

Simply put; the ability to do so much in such an affordable program. The functions in PhantomPDF is something you would normally find in a much more expensive software

What do you dislike?

I honestly can not think of anything negative to say about the program. I've been using it for nearly a year and it has performed to and even surpassed my expecations

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong in purchasing PhantomPDF. Over the years I've tried various cost effective PDF programs and none have satisfied my needs. I've been unwilling to pay the price for Adobe and after using Phantom, I don't know why anybody would.

I often create return goods purchase orders which are submitted ti our vendors. PhantomPDF allows me to merge those orders with the appropriate paperwork to be forwarded to the vendor. Later, when vendor credits arrive, they can also be merged.

Additionally, being able to convert PDF docs into MS Office sheets is a tremendous help in updating many of the documents I deal with on a daily basis.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Foxit as a Free Alternative"

What do you like best?

With so many other products out there that require significant amounts of money, foxit is the alternative everyone has been waiting for. Adobe is known for charging far more for a product then it should actually be worth. Foxit has answered the call of providing a good light weight app that includes a free version that isn't completely locked down.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this product. It's free so you can't complain too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep the free product as it is and let the website generate ad revenue.

Deviating from the use of expensive products that don't do the job. This alone has saved our company countless amounts of money.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Corinna G.
Corinna G.

"Create and Edit PDF Documents"

What do you like best?

I can create PDF documents from Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with Foxit. Also, the ability to create PDF documents from scanner.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to combine PDF documents into one with this program.

Foxit handles multiple documents at once as tabs. This allows me to work quickly between documents. Also the ability to create PDF's for our files from Outlook messages is a feature I use daily to keep records of correspondence.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"User Friendly and Fast"

What do you like best?

It is faster then Adobe Reader, It looks stylish, user-friendly GUI. Also, the comment section is really good. I can write notes, underline and highlight in PDF.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as such. Earlier they don't have OCR and Digital Signature now it is included in the current version. I guess they need to work on scanned PDFs sometimes it crashes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is faster, free, even Pro Version is cheaper than Competitors

Reading E-Books, E-books are cheaper and sometimes free from Library. So it saves a lot of money.

Printing Receipts or filled forms as PDF, it saves paper and printing cost. Also to store lots of print copies.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Dylan K.
Dylan K.

"PhantomPDF Sets a New Standard"

What do you like best?

Simply put PhantomPDF is a powerful, intuitive and versatile tool. The look and feel positively reminds me of Microsoft Word and Excel combined. Not only does the software have features I would expect for any standard text editor (spell checker, formatting etc.) but also has features that would have seemed to presumptuous to have once hoped for.

Setting up password protection is very easy as well. For a test, I tried unlocking the pdf using an online source. With 256-bit AES encryption, the website failed and said it would take 1.2 million years to unlock. All in all, PhantomPDF sets a new standard for what it means to generate, edit, publish, protect, share, and of course view, pdf files.

What do you dislike?

If all you are hoping for is reading pdfs, the amount of editing tools may appear a but heavy. But that's not a problem if modifying, creating and publishing the pdf is what you're after.

Integrated OCR makes it possible to edit or mirror logos. I can translate a page with a logo or an image of text and the words become editable within the software - no relying on an OCR website. Also, if I insert text within the editor frame, it mirrors the font theme of the original 'imaged' text. Very cool.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Fitz B.
Fitz B.

"Really positive. "

What do you like best?

It isn't clunky like other PDF software I have had to use. Nicely laid out and most importantly a respectable price.

What do you dislike?

Very rarely I have found things to be in a menu that is non-intuitive but I know how hard it is to get items in exactly the right place for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find some uses and give it a trial. With the little bits I have done so far (recovering PDFs back to Word, digital signatures, signature images, splitting files and stamps) it has been well worth it.

Currently we are still getting to grips with how to use it best but we are looking at being able to create PDF forms for customers to be able to access on any platform, signing PDF invoices, meaning less paperwork flying around and digital storage

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Cassy Y.
Cassy Y.

"PDF Game Changer!!!"

What do you like best?

I love the typewriter function and stamp

What do you dislike?

Reducing file size isn’t effective still big

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your files are already small; reducing file size is a chore and not very effective.

I don’t have to print documents and rescan anymore. I can type and redact right on the document. I can upload the edited version to the judges website.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Must-have software if you work with PDFs"

What do you like best?

FoxIt PhantomPDF is an outstanding explanation, particularly for those who are not skilled in the use of the Adobe creation. Not only is it inexpensive for most of us to obtain, it is simple enough for the--how shall I say--less urbane user to use to get their work done.

What do you dislike?

The ease of the unique FoxIt Reader is receiving complex and could get out of control/hard to comprehend and use.

Eliminates my need for a separate editors, can edit docs very easily and quickly.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Excellent Value for Amazing Software"

What do you like best?

There are a plethora of PDF editors in the market. Some are expensive, others are ill-equipped. Foxit PhantomPDF strikes a balance, but more so in favour of the end user. The features are plenty, and the price is very reasonable. I've always respected an organization that values students and offers appropriate discounts -- but even as a full customer, there has been no regret buying Foxit for my complex requirements. The Scan to OCR was our most used feature, which really helped us in archiving paper documents which are now stored as searchable PDFs!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I cannot use this application, natively, on my Mac.

Improvements in archiving and data efficiency through form design have increased happiness for both employee and client.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Brad J.
Brad J.

"All the functionality I need for business in this PDF program! "

What do you like best?

I like that I can combine different documents, regardless of file format, arrange them in the way and order that I need, and then being able to put a table of contents on that package.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I dislike so far...I've had one crash and have had the program over a year!

I am solving that I need to put together documents in a fast, organized manner for presentations to our shareholders and this allows me to do so professionally.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"FoxIT Phantom - it works"

What do you like best?

The allure of Foxit was that it was a cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Now that acrobat is now DC it is harder to buy it standalone. At the time of this writing Foxit standard is $109 and Adobe DC standard standalone is $290. The tabs used to be a good comparison, now Adobe has added PDF tabs to their newest program.

What do you dislike?

We had many users complain that documents would not open or they wouldn't convert. The conversion would have funny symbols or it would lock up their computer. We tried patching and resetting the installations and it did not help.

Print to PDF was being addressed by Foxit and now Windows 10 does it natively.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Computer Software

"Exceptional Product with diverse applications in business "

What do you like best?

FoxitPhantom PDF is an exceptional program! It's very user-friendly and offers functions for basic users, as well as advanced. The editing features are fantastic. I frequently password protect documents and Foxit Phantom PDF makes it easy. I like the OCR recognition feature. It's super helpful to copy text from the PDF to use it in other documents.

What do you dislike?

There are so many features on this program that the average user may not use. The toolbar at the top seems cluttered and can be overwhelming to people only wanting to use it for basic tasks. The stamp feature is difficult to use. I found it difficult to create and save a custom stamp.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a robust program that has numerous applications for personal and professional use. It's packed full of features and well worth the price.

I am using this program to edit business reports that are generated from our company's internal software. I've found it very difficult to work with PDF files in the past. Now I'm able to remove text on the PDF, edit it, password protect it, and so much more. It has benefited our company in saving time. It's also crucial to protect the data contained in the PDFs. That gives us confidence that we're serving our clients well.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Executive Sponsor in Financial Services
Executive Sponsor in Financial Services

"FoxIT Phantom PDF provides a cost effective, viable, salable solution for all PDF editing needs"

What do you like best?

FoxIT support has been fabulous with very fast turn-around and easy contact accessibility. The licensing model affords us the ability to meet budgetary demands/constraints, while still meeting our end-user demands for PDF Edit capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Likely trivial in the grand scheme of things, but no out of the box plug-ins that are compatible with many other platforms that some competitors have. However, FoxIT developers are working with us to solve this and provide a better product product offering.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Enterprise options FoxIT offers, engage with your Sales rep, and recognize the responsiveness FoxIT provides and tiered/volume based pricing they afford.

Many OEM desktops were bundled with Adobe Acrobat. Because of a WinXP migration to Windows 7, there was no ability to re-purpose Acrobat, and Adobe and the desktop manufacture we procured the licensing got into a finger pointing match where both held us liable for proper licensing. Fact remains, we could not re-license Adobe under the new image and Adobe was trying to charge us a re-licensing fee of ~$270 per instance. FoxIT Phantom PDF was able to solve this problem in a very cost-effective manner and still meets all the needs of our users.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent Alternative to Adobe"

What do you like best?

I love that you can OCR files and make them text-searchable.

What do you dislike?

It took a lot of trial and error to teach myself how to use it. There are so many options, which is great, but many that I do not understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the manual prior to using so you aren't stumbling your way through features you may not understand, like I did.

I use Foxit Phantom to split .pdf files into Word documents. It helps me take an entire user manual and split it apart into individual sections to teach specific features. The OCR feature also allowed one of our customers to make their files text-searchable in bulk, without having to do each one individually or rescan their files.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by G2 Crowd User in Construction
G2 Crowd User in Construction

"A Safe Choice"

What do you like best?

The fact not losing information after a change in file format and securing current and archived works. The software also offers ease of use through its easy to understand and manipulate user interface

What do you dislike?

I've been using Foxit PhantomPDF for several years. Like all software, there are bugs and annoyances, but most haven't been too terrible. That was true until version 7.3 came along. Foxit made major changes to the user interface (which is now exclusively the Ribbon Bar mode, regardless of which Windows OS version is being used). The interface is extraordinarily clumsy and there are many, many bugs in the product. Even simple things like selecting text to be copied to the clipboard is a hit or miss proposition; more often than not the text which you've highlighted for selection gets lopped off by the time it reaches the clipboard. Now version 8 is available but at this time i did not tested yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everybody who need to work with pdf documents indeed will love this

Messing with company contracts for each employee less effort plus time editing, merging and archiving those files.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Foxit Software- A Great Adobe Alternative!"

What do you like best?

The product is very cost effective and can do the exact same things that Adobe can.

What do you dislike?

Some software is written to exclusively use Adobe Reader or Acrobat. These programs do not always work well with Foxit, but there's nothing Foxit can do about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the programs you run and see if any are dependent on Adobe. If so, you may need to install both Adobe Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF.

Users are realizing that the can print to the Foxit PDF printer rather than printing and scanning documents. They also like being able to pull specific pages from a PDF document or convert from PDF to another format.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Creative Artist I.
Creative Artist I.

"Great program"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that you can edit document easily. This is the first program I have actually used before I was introduced to adobe acrobat. If you want a reliable program that is easy to function and easy to learn how to use I do recommend this program to anyone.

What do you dislike?

The program did not have any tutorials so the user can learn how to use the program. You basically have to learn on your own which is fine for someone who has time to do so.

I have solved lots a problems like editing contracts for my business instead of having to write them out all over again. I realized that there were programs that you can edit pdf's

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Great office product!"

What do you like best?

I use this software on a daily basis for numerous tasks for any fillable document I need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing it works just like I need it to.

It is very easy to use and allows me to edit and create just about any pdf that I need.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Chemicals
User in Chemicals

"Foxit Phantom - Acrobat Substitute"

What do you like best?

I like that it has been a seamless transition from Acrobat to Foxit. Very intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

At the time of this review they have not included the ability to work with 3D pdf files. In my job we work with 3D CAD models and it would be easier to open Foxit rather than the CAD software viewer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great alternative to Adobe Acrobat.

This is a good alternative to Acrobat. Our IT department investigated its use and found it to be less expensive and nearly as robust as Acrobat. It fulfills our needs for a pdf creator and editor.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Course Content Development Tool"

What do you like best?

The product's user interface provides direct access to program functionality without getting in the way. For example, major task groupings are laid out in a loogical manner that speeds up the content creation process used in my course development activities. . The product provides solid pdf editing and scan/ocr acapabilitiy as well. The PDF document export option does a solid job in maintaining document formatting characteristics. Overall, the functionality bundled into Foxit's PhantomPDF product provides a solid return on investment when compared to similiar products such as Nitro PDF which I recently switched out for Foxit's product..

What do you dislike?

Thr Foxit PhantomPDF product tutorials could be updated on a more timely basis that synchs up with the overall release schedule. For example, a "new feature" update would help users get up to speed more quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strong product functionality for the price. Can't go wrong.

Being able to automate the content creation workflow by seting up custom batch scanning jobs which allows me scan document, export into a word document format for advanced editing and then digitially sign the completed work for publication.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Ronelle B.
Ronelle B.

"It has been great thus far!!!"

What do you like best?

Easy access to several documents using tabs, rather than individual windows. The publish feature is great as well, as it works in tandem with my Microsoft Office products!

What do you dislike?

There is little that troubles me with foxit. It really does the job that it is supposed to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try!

Really it is for mainly personal use, to ensure that documents sent are not able to be edited and signed by me.

"Excellent Product"

What do you like best?

There are a tremendous number of features found within this product. Not only are their a bunch of features, but it is very user friendly and it has a clean interface.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything at this time that I do not like about this product. Very stable and functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch today! You will not regret it!

Seamlessly merging, splitting, and signing PDF's are very important to our staff.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Good for "normal" folks"

What do you like best?

Foxit PhantomPDF is an excellent solution, especially for those who are not trained in the use of the Adobe product. Not only is it cheaper for most of us to acquire, it is simple enough for the--how shall I say--less sophisticated user to use to get their work done.

What do you dislike?

I purchase this for an educational institution & doing so is not easy when you need to use a purchase order. If I could easily do this direct or could purchase through a reseller like CDWG (preferred) it would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to give users the product on the 30 day trial. It gives end users an easy way to try it out.

A solution that is easy to work with for a "regular" end user. The solution seems to fit this bill quite nicely.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Garreth N C.
Garreth N C.

"Fast, low-resource PDF reader and editor"

What do you like best?

Generally quick, free, not resource hungry (unlike Adobe)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little slow initially when loading a PDF with more than 10 pages

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

viewing and amending PDF documents

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Brenda S.
Brenda S.

"Foxit PhantomPDF is great"

What do you like best?

PhantomPDF is a great all-around program for viewing and creating pdfs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. It meets the needs of me and my colleagues.

This program is a simple, easy to use pdf viewer and creator.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"FOXIT PDF for Organization"

What do you like best?

FOXIT PDF provide the RMS Protection features the support the organization requirement to secure important documents using Sharepoint 2013 AD-RMS applied for MSOFFICE products.

FOXIT PDF protected documents that can be view only by read only users and have option not to allow printing or download.

What do you dislike?

update need redeployment to whole organization.

One big issue on our organization is how to protect documents published on our Sharepoint INTRANET Site.

Implementing protection for MSOffice product like word, excel, powerpoint, etc. are available but most documents related to forms, policy and procedure of the organization are PDF files. Protecting these PDF documents for being copied , downloaded or printed is an issue. FOXIT provide the RMS protection features the solved department problem.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Foxit"

What do you like best?

Ability to edit directly in PDF, attach text boxes

What do you dislike?

Edit feature can be very tedious and breaks up paragraphs into words

Recommendations to others considering the product

editing can be very tedious as it can split up paragraphs into word boxes, make sure you join all those word boxes back together when making edits

Editing documents, benefits realized are being able to make edits much quicker

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator

"Foxit Phantom PDF - One of the best PDF editing software for SMB"

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF has been a great addition to my company's standard software list.

90% of my users did not need all of the functionality that Adobe Acrobat had, we needed a basic edit functions. When we moved our sales team to Foxit the users liked the tabbed file feature, they liked how much faster opening PDF's were, and the stake holders love the cost. With it being about 1/3 of the price of Acrobat Standard and minimal cost to keep it on maintenance its been a no-brainer for us.

What do you dislike?

The license and activation and the Volume License portion of it. You have to request a new "key" creation everytime you add a license to your VL.

That whole process needs some revamping as it takes to long to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test - see if your current requirements will satisfy your users. We had a 3 month test and had 3 power users really use it, I would call support for each issue and we would work them out.

We saved so much money that we were able to deploy the software to more people then we had before, because of cost savings.

We are currently rolling out to new employee's in our engineering department. With the intention of getting our entire engineering department off Acrobat within 1 year

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Grace G.
Grace G.

"Great program for educators"

What do you like best?

This program is easy to use! I especially like the ability to extract a page or pages into a separate document, or merge documents.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the program is a little high. I love the program but paying for it in addition to other instructional and student supplies is sometimes not an option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for a couple weeks - there's a free trial available online!

When working with other teachers in my grade level, we often find resources that need tweaking to fit our students' needs. This program allows us to make small changes without reinventing the wheel.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Fast and friendly"

What do you like best?

Great interface that is superior to Adobe. Also integrates better with our other 3rd party apps.

What do you dislike?

Only missing an option to run as a metro screen app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for speed and ease of use this is the product.

Integrated with M-Files doc repo. Much faster than Adobe.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Foxit PhantomPDF"

What do you like best?

In short - you can edit ANY pdf, you can link it up with your Docusign account (send without even leaving FoxIt!)

What do you dislike?

Rearrange your documents is difficult/next to impossible with the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give the pro version a try - but if you don't want to pay, the free version is still fantastic!

Some documents need to be completed but don't have fillable forms, but our business tries to remain paperless. FoxIt Phantom allows us to fill in text anywhere we need to, regardless if the form was made with fillable form fields.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Functional, easy to use pdf mark up software"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of features from measurement tools to highlight, markup tools even in the basic version. Great snapshot utility. It is extremely easy to install and use. Connected review is a great function.

What do you dislike?

It would use more accessibility options. Not many cons here. It is my go to pdf reader.

Presentation PDFs, response/Comment documents for projects to be sent to different stake holders.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Performs the same (maybe better) than Adobe Acrobat"

What do you like best?

Phantom PDF has all of the features in Adobe Acrobat for a fraction of the price.

What do you dislike?

Since we have been using this product, I am not aware of any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it!

We have used Adobe Acrobat for many years, but it is getting too expensive - especially considering alternatives like PhantomPDF that can provide the same functionality at much lower costs

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Excellent PDF Software"

What do you like best?

I life the extraction and editing options and regualrly add comments and stamps to packets before sending for electronic signatures.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have no negatives to report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you take the small amount of time to become familiar with it, it is a very effective business tool.

I work in corporate relocation so frequently this is used to access home sale documents.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Solid software"

What do you like best?

Foxit PhantomPDF is easy to use, and has a variety of features that I have come to expect in this type of product. I highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally have problems with the software not loading, and I have to go into the task manager and force close multiple background processes to get it working again. It's a very rare issue that is easily fixable, so I don't consider it a real negative.

My business relies heavily on PDF files, so having a program that manages my needs is very important.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator

"Far better than Other PDF Readers, Easy Alternative That Is Worth Your Purchase"

What do you like best?

For everyday use its great, but for editing its even better than its competition like Adobe's PDF reader that everyone has used. Its a highly capable pdf editor.

What do you dislike?

This PDF reader cannot create word documents without butchering them errors, has occurred every time I try to convert a pdf to a word file which is easy enough

An alternative to using a standard or subpar pdf viewer and editor that we are not happy with, have realized that Foxit does everything acrobat does at a cheaper price.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Might not be the best option"

What do you like best?

Cost effective solution for editing, OCRing, and bates stamping pdfs.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not as easy as its competitors. OCR is generally slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out what the other available similar products.

The ability to OCR various quality and sourced PDFS.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Great and cost effective!"

What do you like best?

Their support! PhantomPDF does everything we needed it to do in order to not have to rely on the pricier options out there.

When something was missing or not quite working as expected, support was incredibly fast to provide an answer or a fix. A+

What do you dislike?

The interface took some getting used to, but wasn't overly complex or convoluted. Going from classic to modern design was a bit of curve is all.

This product was perfect for helping us to cost effectively implement paperless workflows.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"Great alternative to Adobe"

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly it is compared to adobe

What do you dislike?

I didnt find alot that i disliked. There were some initial errors with our systems but they were resolved pretty quickly

It allows for an easier way to edit documents and seems more enhances than adobe without the hit to the wallet

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Excellent product, excellent value. Highly recommend both PhantomPDF and FoxIt Reader"

What do you like best?

PhantomPDF has proven to be a solid product for us, and is easily managed and deployed via GPO. FoxIt's responsive support and sales teams have been extremely helpful in the past, and when minor bugs or incompatibilities have been discovered, they have been quickly resolved.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, complex PDFs created in Acrobat exhibit odd incompatibilities - FoxIt Support takes these reports seriously and usually resolves these issues quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended.

Easy central deployment and management vs Adobe, also must more reasonable pricing.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Christopher Y.
Christopher Y.

"Functionally as good as Acrobat, but yet much more affordable."

What do you like best?

That it is a one time purchase with all the functionality of Adobe Acrobat without the high cost, or annual subscription.

What do you dislike?

Nothing particular. It's a hassle sometimes to install add-ons so that conversions work properly, but it's completely manageable.

I am the admin for this product and don't use it on a typical basis myself. The users I support are happy with it and have not once gave any indication that it is not a completely comparable product to Adobe.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Raoul D.
Raoul D.

"Does what you need most in a PDF Solution, is fast and well integrated"

What do you like best?

Compared to other Solutions, I like the very sensible set of features in the different Editions.

It is fast

It does not bug me constantly with updates that need again an administrator to install.

Users are familiar with the ribbon from MS Software - other Solutions have a very fancy but very confusing toolbar/area

Very sensible price

What do you dislike?

I would like digital certificate Services (Signatures) to be easier to install. Acrobar Reader does make this very simple to do.

My People are using more features the PDF Format allows than before. That speaks for the intuitivness of the interface.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Neil D.
Neil D.

"Great Product for the quick and easy editing of PDF's"

What do you like best?

The program is very easy to use from the beginner to the more advanced user.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little dated and it could do with an update

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an easy to use piece of kit that you can use straight out the box

We are using the program to quickly edit PDF documents that we no longer have the original files for

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Love Foxit"

What do you like best?

That I can edit pdf's, easily add to delete pages to a PDF. Convert PDFs to excel and they look good when converted.

What do you dislike?

I really have not found anything that I do like. Probably the only thing would be that it seems to do so much I do not know what all it does.

We have files that contain 30 to 50 pages and they have to be uploaded to a government website. Instead of having to breakdown the file and scan each page separately our compliance team can scan the entire file and break it down to upload. Saves lots of time.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Very easy to use. Can easily make a pdf from a file or create a new one. I use it for everything."

What do you like best?

I like the feature that lets me print to efile cabinet and I just think it's really easy to use.

What do you dislike?

there isn't much I dislike to be completely honest.

Makes it easy to send password protected docs to clients. I can use it to make pdf's and to fill out pdf's and it's easy

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Jordi C.
Jordi C.

"Excellent alternative"

What do you like best?

The product does all no would expect forma PDF editor, but the great thing about it is that the price is really affordable.

What do you dislike?

I don't think about any issue that I dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solve a problem without compromises in functionality

Being able to edit PDF documents, saving money versus having to buy an expensive software to edit PDF documents.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"Excellent Product, Good Value For money"

What do you like best?

It is very good value for money in comparison to Adobe Acrobat Pro especially when you have many users wanting to create and modify PDFs. It is rich with features, and improves business workflow

What do you dislike?

Had a few issues with crashing sessions where users were not able to use the software that well without the software explaining why, so you need some knowledge in problem solving should that happen. But other than that, not a lot to dislike about it really

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you are so used to Acrobat, or a single user of Acrobat (too which you could consider both), licencing of this product is very good value for money.

Word to PDF to send to clients, merging documents, images and other PDFs into one, reducing file sizes for emails.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Consultant in Accounting
Consultant in Accounting

"Foxit PhantomPDF Review"

What do you like best?

Content editing, markup and signing forms from other packages.

What do you dislike?

The simplicity of the original Foxit Reader is getting complicated and could get out of control/hard to understand and use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF are lighter-weight PDF tools than the more well known reader. The usable feature list is also much better and extensive than the other mainstream reader (Acrobat).

I use it mostly to complete PDF forms other than the fill-in forms. It looks more professional. I can also highlight and markup existing documents and send them back to their originators.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Foxit PhantomPDF - what professionals expect today from PDF editor"

What do you like best?

For majority of PDF tasks, Phantom PDF’s ease-of-use and broad feature set makes it a great choice.

Phantom PDF is excellent as an editor for general PDF tasks as annotating, inserting, deleting and altering formatting. PhantomPDF provides the level of functionality that the professional user expect at fair price.

What do you dislike?

No MAC version, OCR on complex documents could be better but this is not the most important feature for most users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Foxit PhantomPDF provides the level of functionality that the professional expect today at fair price. The user interface is modern and it is easy to use.

I'm typical knowledge worker. Majority of my tasks are creating PDF from different applications, editing PDF documents and reusing them again in office tools.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by H. Holt S.
H. Holt S.

"Ex-employees even call me for the name of the PDF program so they can use it at their new firm"

What do you like best?

The Microsoft-esque ribbon that makes it very easy to use. The tutorial videos that appear on the home page. The fact that I receive kudos from employees for switching from Adobe to FoxIT. Great price point.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of a thing at this present time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and administer, great price point, very nice user-interface.

User adoption and training.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Juan Carlos A.
Juan Carlos A.

"Util y muy comodo."

What do you like best?

Me parece interesante la interfaz estilo Office, asi como la digitalizacion de archivos por lotes, ahorrando bastante tiempo.

What do you dislike?

La conversion a Excell podría ser mejor.

Podemos digitalizar documentos recibidos como imagen, permitiendo busquedas mucho mas rapidas.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Mat M.
Mat M.

"More usable and reliable than adobe"

What do you like best?

Price, support, ease of use, lack of issues with windows updates

What do you dislike?

users refusal to use it. not currently on mac.

Adobe issues with support, when windows updates, adobe fails. price and quality.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Nik Z.
Nik Z.

"Nice PDF tool for the cost"

What do you like best?

Price is cheaper than Adobe, easy to use, good help docs

What do you dislike?

some of the menus are a little cluttered

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the program using the free trial.

Create, Convert, Read PDF'S

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Lawrence C.
Lawrence C.

"No Doubt"

What do you like best?

Very performing software. All the main advantgaes of the competitor software at a real cost price

What do you dislike?

Untitl now, nothing at all. I have not encounter any problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Documents splitting

Digital signature in legal document

Time efficiency

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Easy to use PDF reader and writer"

What do you like best?

Foxit uses very little RAM and can run quickly on the background and open PDF documents quickly and is simple

What do you dislike?

Foxit does not have as many features to use as Adobe and cannot open as many documents as Adobe

Being able to open, edit and create PDF legal documents, Settlements, stipulations, pleadings for our legal business to file complaints with the court or Settlements and agreements to resolve issues

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Ahmet T.
Ahmet T.

"Perfect PDF Editor"

What do you like best?

Foxit PhantomPDF is a perfect pdf application for editing, archiving, esigning, security, etc with perfect price.

What do you dislike?

I like Foxit PhantomPDF applications, don't have any dislike about it.

I use it for my quotes, brochures, aggrements etc.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Great PDF sortware"

What do you like best?

the ability to edit text and use the typewriter

What do you dislike?

won't open sometimes, not sure if it's a software problem or just my computer.

Eliminates my need for a separate typewriter, can edit docs very easily and quickly.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Rob W.
Rob W.

"It works but not as good as Adobe"

What do you like best?

It has all the same features as Adobe but for abetter price

What do you dislike?

It really does not have any, it works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I could recommend

None

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Maria M.
Maria M.

"Does What it Says and Simple to Use"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and that my PDF needs are taken care of affordably.

What do you dislike?

When I first began using it, I had some technical difficulties...such as freezing up. That hasn't happened in a long time, however.

I create PDF documents, forms, convert, and edit with Foxit.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Review for Foxit Phantom PDF"

What do you like best?

I throughly enjoy the product and in many ways I find it easier to use than Adobe Acrobat.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a tutorial or some sort of guide in terms of all the included features and how to access them.

Editing documents, encryption tools and conversions.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Foxit is a great product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and affordable. My entire staff uses it and prefers Foxit to Abobe. As an owner, I appreciate the affordability and lack of staff questions on how to best use Foxit. The annotation features work very weil too.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of much I dislike about Foxit. It seems to work well with other integrated programs and does not create any issues when sent to clients

just regular use in law office

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Great Product at a Great Price Point!"

What do you like best?

The number of features

Cost

Ease of Use (Less time training)

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Everything is well documented and easy to find

We deal with several PDF documents, with this product, we are able to do markups and edit PDFs as we see fit.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Editing & cutting PDFs"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of performing the action for cutting pieces of the PDF

What do you dislike?

Somewhat the menu building structure is not always easy to find.

For certain actions it takes a while to find the proper menu structure.

But then, there is always the manual..

Converted Building plans into pdf must be alternated or divided into pieces.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I love the simple interface and the wide array of features at a great price

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a walkthrough of all the features

Editing documents, encrypting them, and OCR'ing them is super quick and easy.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by G2 Crowd User in Accounting
G2 Crowd User in Accounting

"Very good"

What do you like best?

Lightness of the program. (does not need much RAM)

What do you dislike?

Has a little cluttered user interface. Also not customizable enough.

Reading documents, and having them open when I compare them to other files.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Spice T.
Spice T.

"Cost Effective and Powerful PDF software"

What do you like best?

Small, fast, and feature-rich PDF viewer that allows you to open, view, and print any PDF file. Unlike other free readers, it enables you to create PDFs

What do you dislike?

support of CAD drawing files. Also it does not have network license and management

Alterative PDF software. Foxit is the best solution in this segment

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Financial Services

"Extremely useful "

What do you like best?

It quickly and easily converts any file into a PDF.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes files that are too large do not convert or combine.

I am able to organize client programs applications more efficiently by converting files to PDF. This improves customer service as we do not have to bother clients about sending only PDFs.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Simple, fast, functional - always works."

What do you like best?

I never have issues with it. it just works and it works quickly and reliably. The functions it offers is perfect for everyday use.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes about the product.

everything I do is electronic these days. I PDF one hundred times a day at minimum. having a product that takes care of this without issues is important.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"I like it better than Adobe"

What do you like best?

I like the interface and different options that are available

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about this product

I am using this as my default reader

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User

"Foxit is always my go to for saving files in a PDF file. "

What do you like best?

I like the tabs it puts in every time you save a file. It's like internet explorer.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any, I love this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend it. It's very user friendly and more straightforward to use, especially for beginners.

By sending files to clients. It's fast and easy.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Tobacco
User in Tobacco

"great solution"

What do you like best?

the simplicity and the "lightness" of it

What do you dislike?

nothing, at the moment.

no other comments to be done here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, you will be surely 100% satisfied

creating pdf in an easy way, converting pdf to MS office with just a click

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Andrée S.
Andrée S.

"Foxit"

What do you like best?

You CAN do almost everything and it's easy to do.

What do you dislike?

To put text together and do some format changes.

Create documents with some parts Of other documents.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great PDF editor!"

What do you like best?

Variety of ways to comment/organize a pdf for source documents. Love the file attachment feature.

What do you dislike?

OCR feature has not been useful for us, doesn't recognize text as well as hoped.

Used for source documents storage/editing for tax returns and bookkeeping. Allowed to organize notes much more neatly than when using paper copies.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"We use FoxIT PDF Software in our Terminal Server Environment"

What do you like best?

Quick startup and on fast screen prosentation, ideal in a terminal server environment. Price and quality are well balanced. Main reason for buying the licenses are the excellent fast performance,

What do you dislike?

In general I would say that the user interface is less obvious than the Adobe competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to install, use and on-screen performance

Main issues solved are the slow start en on-screen display of PDF documents with Adobe in a Terminal Server environment.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by User in Higher Education

"Solid Adobe alternative "

What do you like best?

Provides most of the key Adobe pro features at a significantly lower cost

What do you dislike?

PDF editing is not as good as Adobe. Text requires OCR prior to edits and it does not always work well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Education discount provides additional discount for already reasonable prices

Basic PDF editing and management

Learning about Foxit PhantomPDF?

* We monitor all Foxit PhantomPDF reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Foxit PhantomPDF to Similar Solutions