Foxit PhantomPDF

Intuitive and easy to use, Foxit PhantomPDF is a powerful, fast, secure, and affordable PDF editor for anyone who needs to convert, create, collaborate, or edit PDF files.

Work for Foxit PhantomPDF?
Pdfelement 2x

Learning about Foxit PhantomPDF?

Foxit PhantomPDF Reviews

Ask Foxit PhantomPDF a Question
Showing 101 Foxit PhantomPDF reviews
Foxit PhantomPDF review by <span>Zahid Z.</span>
Zahid Z.

Essential for everyone

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF can be downloaded for free and is easily found over the internet. I like that when opening PDF files, I have options other then just reading and printing the file. I like the feature of adding notes and comments along with the feature of highlighting important stuff on the document itself

What do you dislike?

I really don't have anything bad to say about this software. I use it religiously every day at work and it works every time.Covers all my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely, I would like to recommend this product to any individual who uses documents for his / her professional use. Literally makes your life easier and your work, more professional

I am part of a major consultancy firm and it is because of the nature of my work that I have to make loads of documents every day. I always use Foxit Phantom PDF for my official use and its been almost 4-5 years since I first started using Foxit and to this day, I have never looked back. I can edit add, add my comments or highlight specific portions of the document with complete ease.And if someone else adds anything, I can also track changes

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

Solid PDF Solution. Everyone Should Give It a Test Drive - Great Adobe Alternative

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use with an intuitive UI. Little to no learning curve if you are familiar with PDF editing/creation. The creation/formatting features are more robust than I expected and make creating whitepapers and larger documents a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Nearly every time I install an update, I have to re-verify my license. Not a deal breaker but it is a hassle since I use it on multiple devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely worth the time to give it a test run. The free trial provides all of the access needed to get a good idea as to whether or not it is a good solution for your needs.

Foxit PhantomPDF offers all of the necessary features at a very competitive price. The best part is it can be purchased as a stand-alone software instead of annoying packages like what Adobe has started to do.

The ability to upload PDFs to their cloud service is a nice added benefit although not necessarily a game changer for people who already use a different cloud service.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Foxit PhantomPDF review by <span>Grant C.</span>
Grant C.

Beats Acrobat hands down in every area.

What do you like best?

I started using FoxitPhantom PDF back in April this year, and I just love the performance. In every respect it's fast to use, but the one stand-out feature is the user interface. It follows the new Microsoft standard and so it's totally seamless in my workflow, I can find everything I need super quick. One thing I should really mention, I use it every day and I don't recall it ever crashing, not once Windows 8.1 or since I've upgraded to Windows 10 - awesome. I really like the digital signature mechanisms, in Acrobat they're almost impossible to use, but in FoxitPhantom PDF they're fantastic, you can even write your signature directly into the program with a tablet or touch pad.

What do you dislike?

I haven't been able to find a way to use Foxit as my sole PDF reader/editor. I don't know if it's me, but in Google Chrome I seem to be stuck with the Acrobat extension.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering and get this product, it's awesome and will save you money over the Adobe offering. It performs flawlessly and is a joy to use.

I use it for almost all my electronic document storage needs, and it's saved me money over the cost of other equivalent offerings by other vendors. Another benefit is the speed I can print downloaded documents, it has halved the time it used to take me with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by <span>Nameer M.</span>
Nameer M.

Get this get this get this!

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF has one of the best features any PDF viewer can have. Easy to use and free to download. As well as providing a way to view PDF files, the program can also be used to create this type of file, sign PDFs, and add annotations. There are also Foxit Reader plugins for Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) that make for easy conversion of common file types, and open up the possibility of create PDFs from pretty much any file you can open

What do you dislike?

A lot of the features are paid only features and can only be accessed if the software is bought/ upgraded. One disadvantage is that Users need to take great care during the install process to avoid a variety of unwanted components and system changes, the make-up of which is changed regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software because of the cost (FREE) and the ease of using this software. The user interface even makes the software more better to use. Highy recommended.

As Foxit is easy to use and set up, I use this software only to view PDF files in my office computer. Any time I receive an email to view, verify or edit any documents, I use Foxit Phantom because this software makes reading better. I can even ensure privacy and authentication by securing the document and adding a password which restricts editing to the document

Foxit PhantomPDF review by <span>Kamran B.</span>
Kamran B.

Reading made easy

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF is without question one of the best PDF Viewer applications out there. Easy to use, great graphics, colorful themes and completely free to download. Phantom PDF has all the usual form creation features. It also handles password and certificate protection and supports DocuSign signatures. Unlike Power PDF, it doesn’t let you draw a signature, but you can load one via an existing image.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint, an exceedingly small one, is the small size of the type in the leftmost column of the file menu, which looks out of place with the larger text to the right. If I’m reaching that far to find something to complain about, you know things are in good shape.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to people who view documents on a daily basis .Professionals working in any office need to get this software as this is cheaper and more fun and easy to use than other PDF Readers.

I use Fox it Phantom PDF a lot. not only has this decreased my software costs but also helped me in reading documents more quickly. With the extra feature of adding security so the document can not be edited is crucial for my business. Sending out invoices and tax chalans to authorities require a lot of reliability and honesty. If a document is password protected, I can make sure that it is not changed afterwards hence ensuring complete authenticity.

Foxit PhantomPDF review by <span>Daniyal K.</span>
Daniyal K.

Best suited for Office Use

What do you like best?

Foxit Phantom PDF is an ideal PDF software application for business use. An advantage this software has over other PDF software is the range of editing and security features Foxit has. It is significantly cheaper than Adobe Acrobat Reader and gives you a value for your money. I really like the password protection and the Docusign feature of this software. Surely, Foxit Phantom is the ultimate PDF software for professional use

What do you dislike?

One major disadvantage of this software is the inability to let us draw a signature but instead lets us load one up from an existing image. Along with this, if the PDF file is complex and rich in media, while converting to a Word Doc, some data might be lost and the output isn’t commendable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended to all professionals who use PDF files a lot in their daily office routine

Working in the pharmaceutical sector, I have to make a lot of documents which need to be sent out regularly to the authorities, doctors, clients and of course, my team. These documents, usually of 50+ pages, need to be rich in media as they may become boring to read. Foxit comes of use here. When I send invoices or important notices to doctors, I make sure that the PDF file I send is secured and uneditable. Foxit makes sure that my documents aren’t compromised in any way. I use Foxit on a daily basis and switching to another software never even crossed my mind.

Learning about Foxit PhantomPDF?

* We monitor all Foxit PhantomPDF reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.