freckle

Time tracking web app. Freckle helps you track your time & invoice clients and is perfect for freelancers, consultants and small teams.

Work for freckle?

Learning about freckle?

freckle Reviews

Ask freckle a Question
Showing 17 freckle reviews
freckle review by Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

"My favorite time tracking app - helps me see where my work days are going! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use, especially with projects and hashtags. I love seeing all my time color coded, it keeps me motivated to work harder to see my pie charts get bigger.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there isn't a way to mark time for items that are not work projects. I'd have to get a separate account to be able to track those items. I'd prefer if it was done similar to unbillable hours, maybe marking a tilde (~) or something similar in order to designate projects (like chores, reading, cooking, exercise, etc.) that I want to keep track of, within the same account but with separate stats.

Since they're mostly reaching out to businesses, I understand why they wouldn't want to invest on something for separating your personal hours versus work hours, but I think a lot of people would love to see how they're spending (or wasting!) their time using this same format, without the added price of an another account, but more so, without the added work of logging in and out to switch between work and home time tracking. There is a huge market of people who want to track their time at home so they can be more productive, and the market is just waiting for something as beautiful and easy as Freckle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE FRECKLE! If I had the money, I'd get my husband and best friends on Freckle so we can all see where our time is going. When I get some more money, I'll definitely be buying my husband an account so he can track how much time he's spending drawing, which will help him figure out the rates he wants to charge as well.

Mainly, knowing how much I work on various projects. I've been able to charge a by-hour rate instead of a by-project rate, which has increased my revenue.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about freckle
freckle review by Caleb H.
Caleb H.

"Makes entry easy"

What do you like best?

The thing that makes or breaks time tracking software (IMO) is whether people use it in real time (or at least same day) or put off using it until they have to. Freckle makes entry so easy to enter time as you're doing work or at the end of the day that it's not something you dread. Super helpful. The reporting is nice too.

What do you dislike?

Not much, TBH. Tracking time sucks, but there's nothing about Freckle I dislike.

Faster, better time entry with good reporting

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

freckle review by Don T.
Don T.

"Freckle is Intuitive and Fun"

What do you like best?

Freckle is a fun and innovative application! One of the key design principles that shines throughout the product is a commitment to lack of friction. Need to add a project? Simply start typing and the software will generate it for you. Freckle has lots of nice touches that automatr tasks for you. It also has super in depth reporting.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Freckle. The UI/UX is well thought out, and the Freckle development team is very responsive to suggestions and comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! The invoicing isn't quite as strong as other offerings.

Freckle has replaced other time trackers and project management software for my computer business. It has reduced the cost of time mamagment for my team by providing a slick integrated experiencd.

freckle review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"Easy way to track time. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to start/stop/delete time. Lives in the background so it is not like an annoying timer.

What do you dislike?

You need to build a habit for using it or else you will forget. It does remind you when you have let a time run for too long which I like.

Making sure I spread my time across a variety of projects and then looking at my previous week to see if I liked the time spent.

freckle review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Timetracking on the go."

What do you like best?

I love that you can use the system offline. Usually when I travel, I like to work on the go, and it's so hard because I can rarely find a stable internet connection. I used to use freshbooks for this, but I would have to be connected to time track. This is easily accessible on my computer and I never lose any tracked time because of internet crashes!

What do you dislike?

Well for the price that you pay, there should be other features. I would love a project sync from asana, and also I would love if they imported expenses from my bank accounts (like Freshbooks does).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it out and see if you vibe with the system. Its been great so far, but it does lack some features that others have.

Just the ability to time track on the road, where I don't have to think twice. I also like the reports as they give a good overview of the business progression over time.

freckle review by Tomáš H.
Tomáš H.

"Finally an effortless time tracking tool"

What do you like best?

The data entry is really simple. In other tools I usually fight with dropdowns and calendar. In freckle, I just write text.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice to have small handy extension for the data entry. The existing extension is rather the whole app, and there's only some unofficial one in the store. Also, could be a bit cheaper considering how simple the task is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the easiest time tracking solution, this is a way to go. I'm missing the official extension and ability to ented data through Slack though.

We use it for time tracking on an internal project. The benefit is that this tools does not stand in your way. With some "enterprise" timesheet apps, I actually wanted to fill into timesheets the time spent filling the timesheets, which would probably create an infinite recursion and the universe would explode.

freckle review by Jeff E.
Jeff E.

"Simple, streamlined time tracking for small-to-medium teams."

What do you like best?

The basic task — enter time, assigning it to project, and moving on — is super-streamlined. It's web-based, the interface is about as easy as it gets, and it offers just enough functionality to give our 60+ person development shop what we need.

What do you dislike?

The automated time tracking functionality feels fussier than it should be — often it's easier just to keep track on my own and enter it at the end of the day (or week). For those of us with multiple clients and interrupt-heavy schedules, its timer functionality is a polite fiction: setting it, then stopping it, and auto-generating a timesheet entry, is a recipe for mixing multiple clients' time together.

Also, the reporting features are geared towards regular managerial roll-ups, rather than individuals keeping track of their own time over the long haul. That could be good or bad, depending on your perspective.

We need to keep track of reasonably accurate numbers for our hourly clients' invoices, watch the total number of hours on large fixed-bid projects to ensure we aren't burning through profit, and monitor our internal projects to ensure the work they require is in sync with the benefit they provide. Freckle helps with all of those things.

freckle review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Used for timekeeping, basically an easy to use time-clock for work"

What do you like best?

Easy categories and usage, keeps track of time spent easily. Usage of hashtags makes keeping track easy and the overall interface is very clean and simple.

What do you dislike?

App on the phone doesn't work so well and the monthly fee is too expensive for what it does. All the projects and hashtags can get cluttered

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is steep, but it's really easy to use and keeps easy track of your time worked.

how much time I spend doing various things and how I spend my time on each project.

freckle review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Kids Like It"

What do you like best?

I like that practice is adaptive and students progress at their own pace. I also like that my students willingly use Freckle.

What do you dislike?

I think that kids are allowed to earn too much game time. I worry that it supersedes learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Students like this more than Moby Max and IXL.

Student engagement is the primary benefit; they practice skills without being nagged.

freckle review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"easy to set up, not a lot to work with"

What do you like best?

its very quick and easy to log time. We dont have to retrain users on how to track things

What do you dislike?

It's not very easy to organize the time being tracked. We may not be the correct audience, but its hard to separate by multiple variables.

We are trying to track time spent on creation of content for clients. I am uncertain of any real benefits other than insight.

freckle review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Super easy time tracking"

What do you like best?

It is effortless to use. Time gets tracked without worry and productivity increases. Billable time increases! Everyone wins.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about. Runs well and keeps us moving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Freckle to improve function and activity at work!

Reports basically write themselves. Keeps people motivated and working. Mobile access makes it portable.

freckle review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Finally a really useful tracking time"

What do you like best?

The use of hashtag is great and make the entire software really easy to use, as well as the iOS compatibility

What do you dislike?

It still takes some days to deeply undestand how to use all the functionality, it can be more intuitive, but this is really minor

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really usefull and it will help you to use your time in a better way

We can work better as team and be more organized, we have some common space and device and with freckle is easy to arrange our working time and dont overlap

freckle review by Tomas S.
Tomas S.

"easy to use, a bit pricey"

What do you like best?

- easy to use and implement

- as it's quite intuitive, doesn't require special attention

- great expense tracking

- using hashtags is pretty handy

- great export options

What do you dislike?

the bottom line is that it's a bit pricey (for the single purpose app), especially for startups.

Helped us to manage multiple projects at once a to designate the right amount of time for each client.

freckle review by Kammy O.
Kammy O.

"Hands down the easiest Time Tracking tool ever"

What do you like best?

You can add new items easily, and the list of tasks already submitted pulls up so duplicates rarely exist.

What do you dislike?

Toggling off all users in the reports is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate. Its so easy.

Tracking time spent on each project, by each person.

freckle review by Sabrina S.
Sabrina S.

"Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

It was a super easy interface that I would recommend

What do you dislike?

There weren't enough options in the reporting section.

comparing estimated hours with actual hours

freckle review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Great"

What do you like best?

Customer service was great, the person who helped me with account issues was very helpful and informative.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They were very helpful with all my questions.

They can help with any technical issues you have.

freckle review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"One of the best time tracking apps."

What do you like best?

Freckle is highly customizable. From user management to reporting and API access, Freckle has many powerful features.

What do you dislike?

The timer leaves something to be desired and the user interface has some issues (negative space means positive/selected).

This tool has helped our organization in billing and resource management tremendously.

Learning about freckle?

* We monitor all freckle reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.