freckle

Time tracking web app. Freckle helps you track your time & invoice clients and is perfect for freelancers, consultants and small teams.

Work for freckle?
Kronos workforce ready vs avg. 2x

Learning about freckle?

freckle Reviews

Showing 16 freckle reviews
freckle review by <span>Tiffany R.</span>
Tiffany R.

My favorite time tracking app - helps me see where my work days are going!

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to use, especially with projects and hashtags. I love seeing all my time color coded, it keeps me motivated to work harder to see my pie charts get bigger.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there isn't a way to mark time for items that are not work projects. I'd have to get a separate account to be able to track those items. I'd prefer if it was done similar to unbillable hours, maybe marking a tilde (~) or something similar in order to designate projects (like chores, reading, cooking, exercise, etc.) that I want to keep track of, within the same account but with separate stats.

Since they're mostly reaching out to businesses, I understand why they wouldn't want to invest on something for separating your personal hours versus work hours, but I think a lot of people would love to see how they're spending (or wasting!) their time using this same format, without the added price of an another account, but more so, without the added work of logging in and out to switch between work and home time tracking. There is a huge market of people who want to track their time at home so they can be more productive, and the market is just waiting for something as beautiful and easy as Freckle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE FRECKLE! If I had the money, I'd get my husband and best friends on Freckle so we can all see where our time is going. When I get some more money, I'll definitely be buying my husband an account so he can track how much time he's spending drawing, which will help him figure out the rates he wants to charge as well.

Mainly, knowing how much I work on various projects. I've been able to charge a by-hour rate instead of a by-project rate, which has increased my revenue.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about freckle
freckle review by <span>Caleb H.</span>
Caleb H.

Makes entry easy

What do you like best?

The thing that makes or breaks time tracking software (IMO) is whether people use it in real time (or at least same day) or put off using it until they have to. Freckle makes entry so easy to enter time as you're doing work or at the end of the day that it's not something you dread. Super helpful. The reporting is nice too.

What do you dislike?

Not much, TBH. Tracking time sucks, but there's nothing about Freckle I dislike.

Faster, better time entry with good reporting

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

freckle review by <span>Don T.</span>
Don T.

Freckle is Intuitive and Fun

What do you like best?

Freckle is a fun and innovative application! One of the key design principles that shines throughout the product is a commitment to lack of friction. Need to add a project? Simply start typing and the software will generate it for you. Freckle has lots of nice touches that automatr tasks for you. It also has super in depth reporting.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Freckle. The UI/UX is well thought out, and the Freckle development team is very responsive to suggestions and comments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! The invoicing isn't quite as strong as other offerings.

Freckle has replaced other time trackers and project management software for my computer business. It has reduced the cost of time mamagment for my team by providing a slick integrated experiencd.

freckle review by <span>Jason B.</span>
Jason B.

Easy way to track time.

What do you like best?

Very easy to start/stop/delete time. Lives in the background so it is not like an annoying timer.

What do you dislike?

You need to build a habit for using it or else you will forget. It does remind you when you have let a time run for too long which I like.

Making sure I spread my time across a variety of projects and then looking at my previous week to see if I liked the time spent.

freckle review by User in Marketing and Advertising

Great for Timetracking on the go.

What do you like best?

I love that you can use the system offline. Usually when I travel, I like to work on the go, and it's so hard because I can rarely find a stable internet connection. I used to use freshbooks for this, but I would have to be connected to time track. This is easily accessible on my computer and I never lose any tracked time because of internet crashes!

What do you dislike?

Well for the price that you pay, there should be other features. I would love a project sync from asana, and also I would love if they imported expenses from my bank accounts (like Freshbooks does).

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try it out and see if you vibe with the system. Its been great so far, but it does lack some features that others have.

Just the ability to time track on the road, where I don't have to think twice. I also like the reports as they give a good overview of the business progression over time.

freckle review by <span>Tomáš H.</span>
Tomáš H.

Finally an effortless time tracking tool

What do you like best?

The data entry is really simple. In other tools I usually fight with dropdowns and calendar. In freckle, I just write text.

What do you dislike?

I would be nice to have small handy extension for the data entry. The existing extension is rather the whole app, and there's only some unofficial one in the store. Also, could be a bit cheaper considering how simple the task is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want the easiest time tracking solution, this is a way to go. I'm missing the official extension and ability to ented data through Slack though.

We use it for time tracking on an internal project. The benefit is that this tools does not stand in your way. With some "enterprise" timesheet apps, I actually wanted to fill into timesheets the time spent filling the timesheets, which would probably create an infinite recursion and the universe would explode.

Learning about freckle?

* We monitor all freckle reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.