Freelancer.com

Freelancer.com is a freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace where employers can hire freelancers to work in a diverse range of functions.

Work for Freelancer.com?

Learning about Freelancer.com?

Freelancer.com Reviews

Ask Freelancer.com a Question
Showing 39 Freelancer.com reviews
Freelancer.com review by <span>Donny I.</span>
Donny I.

"The faster way to complete your work."

What do you like best?

By using, freelancer I can transfer to the bank immediately with no any additional fee. Actually, it is the best freelance service. Also, I would like to say that we have employed many freelancers for completing the work for which we don't have workers. It is an easy and fast way to hire people from a different area.

What do you dislike?

Wonderful working process. Doesn't make any bad issues to all of our team. Also, we don't have any problems with using and install it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I will recommend to you. It is a wonderful platform which can suit both sides as hiring and work. As for me, freelancer allows full clear and best process for doing it. You will have no doubts about it, a freelancer is the best choice.

That software helps us to avoid employee unwanted people for certain operation which we can outsource via freelancer. We can save our time by choosing our people.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Freelancer.com
Freelancer.com review by <span>Joline B.</span>
Joline B.

"Here you can find an assistant"

What do you like best?

Here you will easily find a professional for your work who will do everything quickly and efficiently. You can track reviews and comments first, and then hire it for your work. If you offer your work to Freelancer it will be easy to find an employer. A good description of employees, you can immediately understand who can entrust their work and who does not.

What do you dislike?

It's bad that I can not communicate with all the performers, only with those whom I have approved for work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy, just register and add your order, pick up an experienced worker and consider that the work is already done. There you can find all professionals, who can be done everything, website development, SEO, development of mobile apps, graphic designers and so on...

Sometimes we have loads of work, so we find helpers when we can not do it ourselves. We often use freelancers to help us in development of mobile applications.

What Freelance Platforms solution do you use?

Freelancer.com review by <span>Lilian W.</span>
Lilian W.

"Wonderful working project."

What do you like best?

Very clear payment methods with the dedicated financial panel. Also, it is easy to hire employees from different fields. Actually, all my work online and I see that its a better way to control. All process is really safe. Usually, I don't spend a lot of time on all working process but can say that is a comfortable step to solve all working problems and needs.

What do you dislike?

Absolutely wonderful software.With a freelancer, I never had a problem with all my working duties. But I guess that it is will be better to control more all files as we know that there a lot of scammers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is really nice. I recommend it. Also, I would like to say that with this platform you will have a chance to employ freelancer much faster with a higher level of knowledge. Generally, that platform cares about both sides of users as for employers and for people who are search work.

I have big opportunity to hire people as a freelancer. Also, it is much better and open way to work on projects. Helps us to make our ideas real. Much easy to find a right person who will solve all your working needs.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Erich D.</span>
Erich D.

"Great online marketing"

What do you like best?

I can easily post my project and get a competitive application from freelancers within in few minutes. I really like that this platform is simplest and secure way to receive work online.

What do you dislike?

As for me, I don't have any bad problem with this platform.Till now I'm using and I'm glad that I do it. Also would like to say that install will take simple way to understand it. Probably that this software doing well for people who want to work better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is great for both of sides. The software is really easy and understandable. With this platform, you will find a better freelancer. To make a search is fast and clear for everyone. With this solution, you will make your work done online fast. I recommend it.

As for our company, we like to work with this software. We have an ability to hire a freelancer. With this, the solution I can work on more projects and give us help which we really need. To use a freelancer I can have more working time for another important thing.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Horacio O.</span>
Horacio O.

"Good space for work."

What do you like best?

Every working day I spend on Freelancer.com. I can say that it's the best freelance service ever. I'm glad to know that it's very safe. Really feel much better to know that I can easily sort out all my working needs online and at the right time for me. Also, customer service is always trying to help you.

What do you dislike?

The commission could be a little bit lower but it's not making me sad and I like that service. Generally, product works well and very easy to understand it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freelancer.com is a big helper for employers and for people who are searching short-term paid job. That platform has a good and clear solution. I'm sure that this service is powerful. Better to choose it.

I found that this platform gives the big opportunity to employ workers as a freelancer. And they can work with my new and interesting projects for affordable price. Also, I have a chance to work in that space as freelancer too.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Jetha G.</span>
Jetha G.

"Great Mediator For Developers"

What do you like best?

Freelancer is the best platform that serves as a perfect mediator between developers and the employees.I have served as both the roles.Being a developer I have taken many projects from freelancer for working during weekends and have delivered them on time and have earned some extra money.It has great services for managing finance.Using freelancer you can transfer to bank directly without any extra fee.The bidding process for getting a project is also good.During my work we have employed many freelancer for completing the work for which we don't have employees.So freelancer is best.

What do you dislike?

Freelancer has nothing to dislike about it.I like everything about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using freelancer for getting work as well as as an employer to get better employees for your work.You cannot always afford to keep all types of people at work but you can hire them according to your need for certain projects using freelancer which is a perfect mediate.

I have used freelancer for both getting projects and hiring freelancers.It has served as the perfect mediator.The freelancers are ranked according to their work and also their ratings help us to hire them.The portfolio of freelancer gives you opportunity to know its previous works.I have used it for developing also,The bidding system is also good and getting projects according to your skills is great.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Ronak K.</span>
Ronak K.

"Getting work done | Quick and easy"

What do you like best?

It is quick and easy to sign up on this platform. The process to post projects is really simple. There are already so many people on this platform that we can easily get access to several employees from all across the world.

What do you dislike?

The charges levied by freelancer.com is too high! For small projects especially sometimes it becomes affordable. If the charges are lowered down, it would be great for everyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please go for it for your projects. Just choose the right candidate for your project.

We can basically hire people temporary for some work instead of hiring people full time in the company. This reduces the operating cost significantly. Also, we are able to choose which employees to give a particular work to, due to the employee having significant expertise in the field. So for even doing parallel things, this is quite useful.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Shruti A.</span>
Shruti A.

"Mediator for Developers and Employers"

What do you like best?

Freelancer is cloud platform which serves as a mediator for developers and employers.Using freelancer.com service an employer posts a project and many developers who are interested bid on the project.Employer chooses one employer according to their bid and portfolio and awards the project to that developer.This process is so easy.I have personally used freelancer for getting small work for our team during our free hours to generate some more revenue and it is best.The finance managing is also good,it has a great financial dashboard where you can manage your revenue.

What do you dislike?

Freelancer doesn't allow one project to be done by more than one developer.This is a great improvement that they can use to improvise their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freelancer is a great platform to work with because here everything is decoratively managed.We have a great experience working with freelancer so it is greatly recommended for getting a job as a developer and work according to your flexible hours.

We are using freelancer for getting small projects during our free time to generate some more revenue.Using freelancer sometimes our company also takes some projects from freelancer if any team doesn't have work to do.Using this they also get some bit.Freelancer serves best as a mediator between us to provide developers to employers and work to developers.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Sahil A.</span>
Sahil A.

"Great Place For Hiring Expert Professionals"

What do you like best?

I like many things about freelancer like

-> Supports direct B2b chatting options

-> Transperent Payment methods with dedicated financial dashboard

-> Easy to hire people from various fields

-> You can also get projects for yourself for work

-> Contest option is also great

So overall it is a great platform to work with.

What do you dislike?

I think that the percentage share taken by freelancer is much higher so that should be reduced,other all thing are really great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend freelancer for outsourcing product modules for the project because on freelancer we get best professionals that deliver our product on time and with great precision.

I use freelancer for hiring people for my project modules and after our modules are delivered we pay them using the milestones option that they provide so that provides transparent payments and pay as you go method so that both are satisfied.Freelancer helps us to avoid hiring unnecessary people for certain jobs which we can outsource through freelancer

Freelancer.com review by <span>Govind T.</span>
Govind T.

"Good hiring experience"

What do you like best?

It is best for hiring developers having professional experience for much low cost and cost per project so that you have to pay for only your work which you want that developer to do.Also the system of contests helps us get variety of work and choose which best suits you and award that freelancer so overall it is great.

What do you dislike?

Freelancer is free to use for hiring and also to find work so it is great.You have to pay it only when you get your project so just awesome,No dislikes for freelancer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if your company is working with various fields and project and cannot afford developers from all field than freelancer will provide you the solution of hiring developer for particular project and so on for all your projects.It is a great service so definitely recommended.

We use freelancer for hiring freelancer on the go for the required project and when the project is over we pay the freelancer and if only required for other project we hire same person otherwise find the appropriate freelancer on the website so freelancer.com is the backbone for our company.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Jainam C.</span>
Jainam C.

"Hiring platform along with working"

What do you like best?

You can find developers or rather freelancers from across every field in IT as well outside IT like literature and all,so it is the best part amalgamation of all field developers also the system of interaction with the developers is quite good so you don't have worry if you are new to the platform.

What do you dislike?

The commission taken by them from the employer is not fare because already they are taking commission from the developers on the same project so why take money from employer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend freelancers to all business companies which require talent from across all fields and cannot afford on daily basis can use freelancer for hiring freelancers for part time or rather for a particular project.

We use freelancer on daily basis for employing people for small parts like data entry and all for which we don't have time as well as for big projects in which we don't have expertise so as I can say we are dependent on freelancer for our daily usage.Also sometimes we also contribute to freelancer for some projects which we can do.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Jorge G.</span>
Jorge G.

"FREELANCER.COM CAN BE A NICE RESOURCE IF YOU NEED TO OUTSOURCE YOUR BUSINESS TASKS"

What do you like best?

Freelancer.com is a decent website to get some qualified freelancers to help you get the job done. It doesn´t matter if you need someone to develop your website, write your essay or help you with the marketing of your business, is very likely you´ll find someone of value there. Something I like about freelancer is it´s really easy and simple to post and job, and you can arrange its exposure by selecting the job field and the qualities for the person you´re looking for. I also like the integrated floating chat, which allows you to talk to your freelancers anywhere inside the freelancer.com site, because no other freelancing site offers this feature.

What do you dislike?

I don´t like many things about Freelancer: you can´t post a direct price for your job. For example, if you want to state that you can pay $300 dollars for a given job, you don´t have that option; you can only select within two amounts of money (for example, between $100 to $500 dollars, then between $1000 to $10,000 dollars) and this can be a waste of time, because some freelancers will ask a lot more than you can pay because you can´t state a definite amount. Also, I don´t like that Freelancers tend to increase the perception of their value and charge a lot of money for simple tasks. To be honest, even though freelancer.com is a good site, there are a few better alternatives out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you´re a decent platform for hiring people on the internet. If I were you, I would only add the option to add the exact amount for which I want freelancers to perform my task.

The problem I frequently solve by using freelancer.com is outsourcing: I need people who can make some of my tasks so that I can focus on what I know how to do better: creating my own content. Consequently, if I need someone to do some local marketing, to reach some people, to create / edit my blog or site, or to do any minor task, then I can use freelancer.com to try to find the right candidate.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Jaymin K.</span>
Jaymin K.

"Best place for hiring."

What do you like best?

Best thing about freelancer is that you get various types of developers with much less effort and less cost.Also you get your work delivered with much ease and total transparency between developer and hirer which is a great advantage of freelancer.

What do you dislike?

A suggestion that you should keep a feature for communicating with the developer even if he/she has not bid on your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended for developers having knowledge and for big companies who don't want to develop everything by themselves and want to give chance to others.It really makes your project progress faster and also you get a high quality work from professionals.

We use freelancer to give some part of our project to freelancers which we are not able to develop or either it takes more time to develop.this saves both our time and money and we can easily deliver our project to our clients on time.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Heather H.</span>
Heather H.

"Take Caution If You Use This To Find Work!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It is one click apply for many jobs unless you would like to add more detail to your application.

What do you dislike?

There are way too many scam artists on this website who hire for scam jobs that either take your money or ask you to do acts which are against better judgement and morals. In my opinion Freelancer.com does not even pre screen the people who they allow to post jobs. I have found maybe one or two legitimate jobs on this website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be cautious when looking for work. Stay away from the jobs which ask you to talk to them outside of freelancer.com, those ones are usually the scam jobs.

Freelancer was easy to use. I would post jobs I was hiring for on this website as well as apply for freelance work too.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Sunil A.</span>
Sunil A.

"Amazing Freelancing Platform"

What do you like best?

We use freelancer for getting work and there are many best features about freelancer like the amazing dashboard and financial dashboard which is specially for getting financial details.The milestones option which gives us the money from employer after completing certain goal so this feature is also great.

What do you dislike?

The commision taken by the freelancer.com is higher compared to others providing similar platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend freelancer for getting work and also for hiring people because freelancer is perfect platform for providing direct communication between employee and employers so it is definitely recommended.

We use freelancer to get work or project for the employees and we deliver them the project on time before deadline sometimes and get our money securely from the employer.The freelancer is like heart to our company so freelancer is great for us.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Arman S.</span>
Arman S.

"Interesting Platform"

What do you like best?

You get your work done by professionals without any mistake thats literally amazing,We have experienced many professional freelancers and have got our work delivered on time and with accuracy.Its payment system is also good fair enough for both the sides.

What do you dislike?

I actually dislike the option of chatting with only one person whom you intend to give your project,but that might be due to security issues so let it be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommended to get your work done on time with the professional freelancers and also best thing they are also like us so they understand us better.

We use freelancer to give our project modules to professional freelancers depending on their past work and portfolio and get our work done at comparatively less rate than market and that also on time.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Rahul T.</span>
Rahul T.

"Amazing platform for finding work"

What do you like best?

Best for getting and providing work,Milestones help us get work done on time due to greed of money which is a great feature of freelancer,Also the chat only to assigned developer helps us from getting irritating messages from other bidders.

What do you dislike?

The commision fee on side of developer which is 10% is comparatively high but ya that promotional referral program helps us overcome it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely recommended for getting high quality of work done by professionals due to loads of features and security provided by freelancer.com.

We use freelancer to give work to freelancers or developers when we have more work and when we have less work to do we also work as freelancer and use that free time for productive purposes.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Dhairya R.</span>
Dhairya R.

"Great Hiring and Working platform"

What do you like best?

I like everything about freelancer.Transparency between employer and developer.Payment transperency through milestones.You get developers from all fields to work with.Chat options are also great.Just video chat is not there but thats alright you get almost everything with freelancer.

What do you dislike?

As I told above i don't dislike anything but just a suggestion of adding video chat to the platform will make it more amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for both hiring and working because freelancer provides full transparent and best method for doing so,so definitely freelancer is the best choice.

We use freelancer for dual purpose for hiring freelancers for individual projects and also getting work for us from the platform.Freelancer serves best for the purpose that we want to do.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Sophia B.</span>
Sophia B.

"Simplest and safest way "

What do you like best?

It's the simplest and safest way to get work done online.I think it is full clarity chats and many other things. Its perfect that I can easy work done at perfect time.

What do you dislike?

Customer service being slow to offer assistance. But it's not a big issue. It's like everywhere good and bad. You can't satisfy everyone. Sometimes think that it's expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good on both of way as hiring and working becausethat program provides full clear and best way for doing so, for sure freelancer is the great choice.

I'm using that great software platform in dual purpose for employ freelancers for special projects and also receiving work for us from the platform.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Dan O.</span>
Dan O.

"Access to Casual Technical Labour at Your Finger Tips"

What do you like best?

Access to international talent at your finger tips. Bids on projects within minutes. Incredibly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Fees. The fee structure for freelancers themselves discourages relationships with programmers and incentives talented western human resources to leave the platform. Lots of spam bids.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freelancers pay monies upfront when you accept a project, as such, it's important to consider this behaviour when releasing payments and working with them.

Hiring casual labour to deal with technical problems, with Freelancer.com I've manged the construction of small, medium and large websites and tackled a wide variety of problems. With Freelancer.com I've hired web programmers, website administrators, graphic designers, writers and desktop programmers.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Rohan j.</span>
Rohan j.

"God For Us"

What do you like best?

They have projects from all the fields,UI is interractive,Their share is also much less and ya best thing is you don't have to pay a penny if you dont like the project.

What do you dislike?

They don't allow developers to directly chat with the hirer directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for all those who have plenty of free time and knowledge and want to earn some penny.

We at our firm use freelancer for both project giving and taking,Sometime some projects of our clients which we are not able to do we give it to freelancers,also when our teams don't have much work to do we go freelancing ;).

Freelancer.com review by <span>Sharnam G.</span>
Sharnam G.

"You get best app developers"

What do you like best?

Many things are there which I like about freelancer like

You can create contest for app development and choose which one you like most,

Get developers for different platform expertise and many many other things.

What do you dislike?

Its good in most every sense but the cut that they take from us is high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Surely would recommend freelancer.com because you get your work perfectly on time and with expertise precision.

Sometimes in office we get loads of work,at that time we just give some of the app development work to the freelancers and get it delivered perfectly on time.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Romil U.</span>
Romil U.

"Amazing For Professional Hiring"

What do you like best?

Best thing about freelancer is it takes much less commission and you get your work done easily and that also through skilled professionals.

What do you dislike?

The certificates that they give for skill proving are paid.If that are not paid then you will get to know exactly skilled people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely recommended to get a work that is made by professionals at a comparatively much less rate.

We actually work like a consultant,We take project from client divide it into parts and than give each part to the professional person on freelancer who is capable of delivering perfect product.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Esmitt R.</span>
Esmitt R.

"An open wide options to hire/work from your house"

What do you like best?

As employer:

It is possible hire someone with high skills in an expertise area. Actually, very responsible and faster guys to work with. However, it contains lazy and non-responsible workers. The rating/comments associated to each freelancer must be check before contact him.

As employee:

You can earn some money! At beginning is hard due the competition, the option is low-budget for your work. Once you gain some experience (XP) and good reviews, then you can get more jobs, and more money.

What do you dislike?

The 3rd (or 4th sometimes) parties! There are companies which subcontract other guys from jobs taken in other pages (such as TopTal). That's could be annoying in the communication.

Other important aspect is related to the reliance between pairs: Both employer and employee can be resign the project, getting the other side "alone" in the project. That's is because there is not a strong verification of identity. It might be fake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small/medium problem/project to be solved in short/medium time getting satisfaction, I recommend Freelancer. For big projects, this is not the right website.

Coding, designing and awesome ideas are the most "benefit" areas that can be solved using the Freelancer's community.

The graphics designer community is terrific! Very talented guys working in this site, with excellent reviews with fair prices for theirs jobs.

As employer, is necessary the constant checking of the website, then it allows post proposal in a project only when employer is available to work.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Rohit R.</span>
Rohit R.

"Good for hiring professionals"

What do you like best?

I like its dashboard and other UI for interacting with the freelancer developer,I also like the option of milestones.

What do you dislike?

Actually the commision taken from both the sides by freelancer is much higher compared to similiar services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend freelancer for the work whose knowledge is not there with you and get your work done by professionals who give it on time with much less cost.

I use freelancer to give project modules whose knowledge is not there with our team.We get our work done very eazily and swiftly.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Aarav s.</span>
Aarav s.

"Best Place For Hiring"

What do you like best?

I think best think about freelancer is full transparency chats and many other things like work done at low cast and at perfect time that we have decided.

What do you dislike?

The commission taken by freelancer is little high.They should not take commission from the hirer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for companies like our's so that you can get the work done easily and hassle free.

We use freelancer to give jobs to freelancers that we can't do on our own or is out of our field.and get the work delivered on time by the freelancers

Freelancer.com review by <span>Swapnil p.</span>
Swapnil p.

"provides hiring services"

What do you like best?

Direct b2b communication helps the buisness to be transperent and it payment system is simply amazing

What do you dislike?

There are some fake projects and freelancers on the platform which freelancer.com should take care of because they distract a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend using freelancer to developers as well as employers but be careful ablut fake projects and developers on the platform,they will just waste your time.

I as a employer use freelancer for giving projects to the freelancers if all my teams are busy and are unable to do that project.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Brandon W.</span>
Brandon W.

"Great idea, just a pretty greedy company"

What do you like best?

The response times from potential freelancers is great, the interface is easy to use, and there are a lot of features for no cost. It's great to use to find individuals to work with. I don't have a lot of amazing things to say about them, but they do have a great idea going on, and they are really simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Their prices are insane. They charge a 10% fee on everything you pay to a Freelancer. In some cases that can be well over a hundred dollars extra just for going through them. Also, a lot of other features you must pay to use such as "rushed", "premium", or even if you have very specific requirements about freelancers. Their customer support system is also ridiculous. I currently have a case I've been waiting on for more than two weeks with absolutely no response. Their support is incompetent, and does not seem to actively serve you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use them only to find individuals, then establish contracts outside of Freelancer.com. It is not worth spending all that money to find a freelancer, and then still have to pay an extra 10% override on every single thing you do.

I use Freelancer to recruit web developers or sales representatives for a web hosting and development firm. It is really easy to find someone to use, and it doesn't take long at all. Sometimes it is only a matter of seconds before you have a quote ready to go.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Gabriel C.</span>
Gabriel C.

"It's the crowded and no-frills version of UpWork"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that it is a large online marketplace for freelancers looking for work, as well as employers looking for work to be completed.

It has some track record. The site have been in business since 2004, and has been backed by substantial investors and legitimate management and leadership teams.

The site offers a variety of project types in fields such as web and software development, design, writing, marketing, data entry, translations and localization, and more.

It's super easy to set up an account and bid on/post a job.

The marketplace offers a good selection of payment options.

What do you dislike?

It's painful to get paid sometimes. Users have complained of lengthy payment delays as their accounts undergo “investigation.”

Customer service has a reputation of being slow to offer assistance.

If you're a Freelancer, you are required to pay monthly payments for membership packages just to be able place more bids on projects (just like UpWork with the connects system) and increase your skill-sets (the skill tests are free in UpWork)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, Freelancer.com seems to have a great vision for the freelancing community, and is not necessarily a site that you should avoid. However, as a suggestion, if you do decide to sign up, be sure to contact the company directly and undergo one of their “investigations” before you begin hiring freelancers or bidding on any projects. By addressing the issue upfront, you can proactively provide them with any additional information they may need, which will help to substantially reduce the risk of running into any future problems.

Another suggestion is to be careful who you hire to work on your projects—use your discretion to judge a freelancer’s character and work experience as best you can. Freelancer.com provides employers with some of the necessary tools to help discern the difference between low and high quality work, though they do not have the resources to guarantee that all work completed will match your needs.

It's a backup source of income.

Freelancer.com review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Makes it easy to apply to a wide variety of freelance work, compete with people all around the world"

What do you like best?

I like that you can find a whole lot of freelancer opportunities! There is really a wide variety of job posted and all you have to do is choose the one you're interested in and apply.

You can now directly chat with the potential client and discuss the mission and your offer.

What do you dislike?

I've just started, but it seems difficult to compete with people from all around the world! I think wages/needs are different from places to places, and it seems difficult to get your offer accepted with what would be a low income for US standards... but maybe it's just the job I've been looking at.

It's free to some extents... you will have to pay to get certifications (that will help you stand out of other offers). You also have a limited number of offers you can make per month.

But I think once you start getting offers accepted, it's probably very much worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, almost limitless opportunities.

Work online from where you are.

Makes it possible to supplement income!

Freelancer.com review by <span>Francisco S.</span>
Francisco S.

"Gain some money with Freelancer"

What do you like best?

It is a good place to gain some extra money, with a very intuitive interface and a many ways to withdraw the money.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are to many people that wants to hire you with a very low budget. It's difficult to find projects that makes a good money reward.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good opportunity to gain some extra bucks and to make links with employers from other countries. I would recommend it to a person with free time.

The opportunity to link with employer from other countries and gain some extra experience working for different employers. This webpage have allowed me to make some extra money and to develop in many kinds of projects with different languages and technologies.

Freelancer.com review by <span>David P.</span>
David P.

"Employment opportunities"

What do you like best?

As one of the largest sites there are more opportunities to get a job, hourly or a fixed payment

What do you dislike?

Having to pay for access to the best jobs, pay to different test, pay to go up in the order in which the customer reviews the proposals. Is having to pay therefore makes it not worth the talent if not the with the most money

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not recommend

As a graphic designer I offer visual communication solutions specific to different companies and / or individuals without these have the need for long-term hiring a professional in the area.

Benefits obtained the opportunity to work with clients from anywhere in the world.

Freelancer.com review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Good for smaller projects - not hourly based"

What do you like best?

When you find good freelancer it’s perfect, but sifting through the large percentage of mediocre ones is a bit difficult

What do you dislike?

No protection for hourly projects. When a freelancer claims they did you project you’re automatically charged regardless of the quality of their work. Stick to flat rate projects

additional help for minor projects

Freelancer.com review by <span>Andrés S.</span>
Andrés S.

"Freelancing Job alerts"

What do you like best?

Push notifications when you get awarded a bid or to stay on top of the newest bids.

What do you dislike?

You need to pay to "certify" yourself on a different set of skills. Like doing a CV and having to pay for every single skill you have. I think it's over the top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind that once you're awarded a bid, you need to be alert of any possible scam along the way.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Niharika J.</span>
Niharika J.

"Numerous Opportunities - Wide range of interest"

What do you like best?

It gives various options of employers as well as employees.

One can pick up the most suitable opportunities of all.

Most of the payments are escrow protected.

What do you dislike?

Limited numbers of bids per person.

Percentage of earning kept by it is little bit on higher end.

App does not work smoothly in many smartphones,

I am a freelancer so for me I am always benefited whenever I get a pool full of good projects.

Freelancer.com review by <span>Muhammad M.</span>
Muhammad M.

"Find some projects"

What do you like best?

just the projects specification was some better than others

What do you dislike?

bids option and payment methods need to be more user friendly

got some extra projects

Freelancer.com review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Nice platform form IT startups to get their first project "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and good platform for small and big projects all over the world.

What do you dislike?

It is very hard for the beginners to get start with their first project

Recommendations to others considering the product

For starting with freelancer it would be hard for you but after some time you might get projects in short time.

You can get projects from all over the world.

Freelancer.com review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"contacts"

What do you like best?

I can find so many providers of differents services and prospects clients for my services too.

What do you dislike?

the bids are some expensive and sometimes the projects don´t pay much

Recommendations to others considering the product

once you've established a contact, do not let go , to go through the whole process of search freelancer can get more expensive

I was unemployed and Freelancer was a good start

Freelancer.com review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"expensive bids"

What do you like best?

a good platform to publicize your work as freelance and you get a large number of employers

What do you dislike?

the bids and prices are expensive. your work can get lost among so much competition

at first I really was excited to get a platform where meet new customers

Learning about Freelancer.com?

* We monitor all Freelancer.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.