FreshBooks

A fast way to invoice clients, track time & run your small business in the cloud. Join all of FreshBooks users who are making billing painless. Try it Free!

Work for FreshBooks?

Learning about FreshBooks?

FreshBooks Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 191 FreshBooks reviews
FreshBooks review by <span>Marly D.</span>
Marly D.

Fantastic Invoicing, Lackluster Bookkeeping

What do you like best?

The invoicing and time-tracking system is seamless. I've never had an issue tracking time worked for a client, and then quickly generating an invoice that is clear to read, easy to use, and accepts all of the appropriate methods of payment. The user interface is easy to navigate, allows you keep track of your invoices, proposals, estimates, and clients.

What do you dislike?

When generating a new invoice based on Client B's time, I want Client D's hourly rate to be present. However, if I invoiced Client A first their rate will often pre-populate Client B's invoice. You then have to individually change each line's rate (if you use the detailed listing). Very frustrating and time-consuming for a simple oversight. The accounting/bookkeeping system is also very lackluster. I don't need it to be as thorough as QuickBooks, but some printable or downloadable expense sheets would be better. Perhaps an easier way to add vendors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is definitely not an intuitive enough system for bookkeeping. I would use it primarily for time-tracking, invoicing, and proposals.

I use Freshbooks to track time worked for clients and easily transfer it over to an invoice. This is fantastic for me because the UI is clean, and easier to navigate than other applications.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FreshBooks
FreshBooks review by <span>Johnathan L.</span>
Johnathan L.

Great for the Solo Entrpreneur Start-Ups

What do you like best?

The price point is perfect, the ease of setting up an account. The ability to set up my services in the application, no software to install since it is cloud based, the mobile app, ability to set up the invoice and estimates template, connection to my business bank account, ability to track when an invoice has been opened.

What do you dislike?

It is a good simple account receivable system to use. I don't have many dislikes. Perhaps it would be nicer if they had more templates to choose from? Also, the manual entry for each service is annoying. Also, I would like to have an auto-incrementing Invoice number system for each client. It wants to have the auto0incrementing across all clients and my system does not work that way. I have to remember each clients invoice number and increment it manually, again annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, try the free trial. The trial gives you all of the features you would with the paid version. Also, I entered previous invoices so I can have a more fuller picture of how I have been doing for the year as a whole. I recommend you do the same. In doing so, you are also able to really test out the software to make sure it is a good fit for you.

I used to invoice and provide invoices using Excel and Word. It took up time for me to do this. I ended up delaying a few times in getting invoices out. This is, in turn, caused me not to get paid faster. Using FreshBooks has eased this for me so I am able to create and send invoices much faster. Also, the invoices I send out now are very professional looking and having the ability to track my client's actions on the invoices saves me from having to do as much follow up with them to get paid.

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

FreshBooks review by <span>Joel K.</span>
Joel K.

With them from the beginning, and likely to stay!

What do you like best?

Freshbooks is absurdly easy to use, and for the most part, does everything I need it to. I make heavy use of invoicing and expenses, and both have performed perfectly well for me. I also appreciate that they automatically calculate Stripe fees and other payment platform fees as expenses. Their team really cares about their users, and they listen when I offer feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish multi-currency support was stronger; not being able to enter expenses in USD is frustrating. Sometimes, the way reports display numbers (what is included and what is not) is not always clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. While there are lots of alternatives in the field, support at Freshbooks is second to none and well worth the yearly cost.

I can quickly and easily generate invoices, track expenses, notify clients I've received payment, and even generate invoices on the go. Reporting, while not perfect, gives me a decent picture of how I"m tracking for the year, so I can plan taxes and keep track of profit/loss.

FreshBooks review by <span>Zeke B.</span>
Zeke B.

Fresh Books - Solving Hard Issues with Simple Solutions

What do you like best?

I like that although Iʻm not the primary person using the software, I still am able to have access to the different parts of it. I also like being able to see how much time Iʻve spent on each client and essentially know where I could better focus my time. The other thing I like is the ability to do monthly billing, weekly, and daily if necessary!

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is the the "who has done what" is not broken down in to billable versus on-going clients. I also do not enjoy the fact that you have to enter in things manually sometimes. It seems silly that something that you do every week isnʻt able to stay saved for the full amount of time youʻre entering your hours - if you do so like I do, at the end of the billing cycle, as opposed to daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, this is a great way to view everything all in one spot - Iʻm also almost certain they have a mobile app that allows you to take pictures of receipts used for accounting in general.

We had issues with people not being able to view invoices we sent from the previous software. When we got this, not only are we able to see when they view it but how many times and resend if need. Another issue we had was too many people were doing things that were not getting billed for because only one person was entering information. As such, weʻd miss out on crucial client billing situations - especially ones that were and are commission based. Allowing the company to have several users has greatly helped with this problem.

FreshBooks review by <span>Cassandra C.</span>
Cassandra C.

Freshbooks is an easy to use platform for any Small Business owner.

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for the invoicing system. Invoices look clean and beautiful, and my clients have the ability to easily pay in any way that works best for them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting system. There could be more detailed reporting to provide to my accountant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy way to send invoices, collect payments, and track your clients activity, use Freshbooks! The easiest way is to set up a recurring template - Freshbooks will do it all for you.

I have solved the problem of easy invoicing as well as tracking payments from clients. I have realized that it is easy to lose track of a client and if they have paid, but Freshbooks keeps me reminded (as well as reminds my clients) for me.

FreshBooks review by Consultant in Graphic Design
Consultant in Graphic Design

Currently using but looking to upgrade

What do you like best?

I liked that at the time Freshbooks was a decent solution to send invoices to my design clients. Later features to add deposits (via percentages) and expenses were a nice add-on. There's even a plan (not on site, contact them) where you can get a small plan, where to start you can have up to two clients at a time to try out.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there is a newer version, but I wasn't included in the upgrade or asked to upgrade to check out new features. Also, as a Designer I am in need of more such as a portal where clients can login, online contracts, upload my logo vs showing Freshbooks logo. I want my clients to have a great experience working with me and a way to balance my needs. Freshbooks just handles invoices, where as I need more. I don't need a bunch of apps to get things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a designer and are looking to try something to send invoices and accept payments this is a start. If you are looking for a bit more, there are other options. Dubsado is where I am headed. They have 2 Facebook groups (one of them for designers), online seminars, awesome customer service, tons of ways to automate your process and to look and feel professional. They implement features that I feel like every professional designer needs (including the option of payments via PayPal, Square and Stripe.

Invoicing and payments.

Learning about FreshBooks?

* We monitor all FreshBooks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.