Do you work for FreshBooks?

FreshBooks Reviews & Product Details

What is FreshBooks?

FreshBooks is an online invoicing and time tracking service that saves you time and makes you look professional - Fortune 500 professional. We believe financial record keeping should be easy, fast, (and perhaps even fun), but still detailed enough to satisfy your accountant. FreshBooks is easy to use and you can try it for free.

FreshBooks Screenshots

FreshBooks Reviews

1-50 of 227 total FreshBooks reviews

FreshBooks Reviews

1-50 of 227 total FreshBooks reviews
FreshBooks review by Brandon L.
Owner/Designer
Graphic Design
Most Recent FreshBooks Video Review

"I use it daily and they have never let me down!"

FreshBooks review by Philippe L.
Principal Consultant

"Long time user... very satisfied"

What do you like best?

Simple and effective for the task of small business accounting. Credit card payments for invoices issued to clients. Recurring invoices make the task of monthly/quarterly/yearly billing super easy. Reporting tools are exactly what I needed. Support, for the relatively few times it may be needed, is extremely responsive.

What do you dislike?

A bit expensive, compared to some of the other offerings, if you aren't fully leveraging their software suite. The recent change in UI is a step backwards in my opinion, as the previous incarnation provided a bit more usefulness with fewer clicks. The mobile app could use a LOT of polish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks should be a strong consideration for SMB accounting needs, but do consider the alternatives before you make a final decision, as they all have their strengths and may align better with your needs.

The software is very intuitive to use, and doesn't require setting up a chart of accounts, blah blah blah, to get started. As a small business, my needs are simple, and this software gets out of the way and allows me to keep track of income and expenses. I've tried lots of different hosted and local accounting software, but in the end I continue to choose Freshbooks for the convenience and reliability they afford.

FreshBooks review by Soraya H.
Propietario de la empresa
Primary/Secondary Education

"Fast invoicing. "

What do you like best?

It is good and I like this application because it is simple, easy to use works in real time and allows me to carry all the information with me on my cell phone, with it I can receive payments on the internet, create invoices, view my expenses and recommend it because I can Work from anywhere and at the time you need it.

What do you dislike?

At first I was not allowed to create my account from the cell phone, it is also essential to have a Freshbooks account, but I think it is a great application, because of my part there are no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend FreshBooks for being an accounting software that makes executing your

Small business easy, fast and safe.

This software helped me solve my billing problem, because since I started using it I can generate invoices quickly and easily, which benefits my school because it speeds up that work and saves time. It has also helped me to keep the accounting records of my school because it is adapted to small companies like mine, which has allowed me to spend less time in accounting and more time focused on the educational process that takes place in my institution.

FreshBooks review by JULIO MANUEL R.
Agrónomo
(Myself Only)

" Effective payroll for self-employed and remote workers"

What do you like best?

The Employer benefits from the process in which the employee is paid only at the hours the employee has been productive. Every minute is worth paying as time is maximized and used. With the details of the work included, management can see if the worker followed the assigned tasks and what has yet to be completed. The employee can link their PayPal for the payment option or the salary payment method

What do you dislike?

One of the shortcomings that our companies see is the lack of time tracking. It is the least intuitive part of the whole experience. The browser extension would be much better if I did not disconnect as often as it does

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is a time saving for accounting. I can track the expenses right here. I do not have to use another application

the effectiveness of creating invoices, many other tools related to accounting to choose from with your subscription, has the ability to convert a budget and bill. This allows you to start working on a project quickly

FreshBooks review by Asia M.
CEO & Founder
(Myself Only)

"Solopreneurs, freelancers, and invoicers, rejoice!"

What do you like best?

The beauty and ease of the platform. Sending invoices is an actual JOY. Being able to configure specific details for every single invoice is also awesome.

I also really like the ability to brand invoices and create them with clarity. They're not confusing to read or understand when you receive one. That gives me confidence that my clients will have just as good of an experience as I will.

What do you dislike?

There are some things about the experience I wish I could more actively control or automate. For example, when taking a deposit on an invoice, the recipient gets the email and it says that it's for the full amount (even though I know it's not, the client doesn't necessarily know that).

There are tiny things that are confusing for clients that receive the invoices. I wish there was a way to adjust the experience so clients don't end up super confused about something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say if you're looking for a simple, easy tool to use to invoice your clients, check out FreshBooks. It doesn't matter what your business is - you'll be able to send beautiful, simple invoices that anyone can understand.

I've seen (and used) a lot of really clunky invoicing platforms. As a marketer and solopreneur, it's important that I both save time *and* provide an amazing experience to my clients. It shouldn't be a pain or a hassle to pay me. It should reflect what it's like to work with me. FreshBooks does that for me and my business.

FreshBooks review by Marly D.
Executive Assistant and Owner
Executive Office
(Myself Only)

"Fantastic Invoicing, Lackluster Bookkeeping"

What do you like best?

The invoicing and time-tracking system is seamless. I've never had an issue tracking time worked for a client, and then quickly generating an invoice that is clear to read, easy to use, and accepts all of the appropriate methods of payment. The user interface is easy to navigate, allows you keep track of your invoices, proposals, estimates, and clients.

What do you dislike?

When generating a new invoice based on Client B's time, I want Client D's hourly rate to be present. However, if I invoiced Client A first their rate will often pre-populate Client B's invoice. You then have to individually change each line's rate (if you use the detailed listing). Very frustrating and time-consuming for a simple oversight. The accounting/bookkeeping system is also very lackluster. I don't need it to be as thorough as QuickBooks, but some printable or downloadable expense sheets would be better. Perhaps an easier way to add vendors as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is definitely not an intuitive enough system for bookkeeping. I would use it primarily for time-tracking, invoicing, and proposals.

I use Freshbooks to track time worked for clients and easily transfer it over to an invoice. This is fantastic for me because the UI is clean, and easier to navigate than other applications.

FreshBooks review by Udi U.
Founder
Events Services

"Customer Support - Freshbooks or XERO?"

What do you like best?

Customer Support is far better than XERO. I was in contact with both providers due to a data migration. Freshbooks support is WOW.

What do you dislike?

Bank reconciliation (Australia). XERO bank reconciliation is better as it has 2 way integration

I used Freshbooks for years. Probably since 2007. But due to few matters with the business I had to go to Xero. I was in chat with Melanie and Rich B from customer support asking for help with data migration. They were extremely helpful I have to say. I kept changing the goal post but they were kind enough to accommodate my needs until I was able to fully migrate my data successfully. I requested support from XERO as well during the migration. But I have to say Freshbooks support was off the roof. Thanks Melanie and Rich B :)

FreshBooks review by Johnathan L.
Owner, SharePoint, Office 365, and Azure Expert Consultant

"Great for the Solo Entrpreneur Start-Ups"

What do you like best?

The price point is perfect, the ease of setting up an account. The ability to set up my services in the application, no software to install since it is cloud based, the mobile app, ability to set up the invoice and estimates template, connection to my business bank account, ability to track when an invoice has been opened.

What do you dislike?

It is a good simple account receivable system to use. I don't have many dislikes. Perhaps it would be nicer if they had more templates to choose from? Also, the manual entry for each service is annoying. Also, I would like to have an auto-incrementing Invoice number system for each client. It wants to have the auto0incrementing across all clients and my system does not work that way. I have to remember each clients invoice number and increment it manually, again annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, try the free trial. The trial gives you all of the features you would with the paid version. Also, I entered previous invoices so I can have a more fuller picture of how I have been doing for the year as a whole. I recommend you do the same. In doing so, you are also able to really test out the software to make sure it is a good fit for you.

I used to invoice and provide invoices using Excel and Word. It took up time for me to do this. I ended up delaying a few times in getting invoices out. This is, in turn, caused me not to get paid faster. Using FreshBooks has eased this for me so I am able to create and send invoices much faster. Also, the invoices I send out now are very professional looking and having the ability to track my client's actions on the invoices saves me from having to do as much follow up with them to get paid.

FreshBooks review by Tom H.
(Myself Only)

"Simple, effective, cloud based time-tracking & invoicing"

What do you like best?

Being cloud based, I can access this from any of my myriad computers or even client-owned computers. There is also an iOS app. The invoices look professional, and I can send them via either PDF attachments or even snail-mail. Responsive help-desk too.

What do you dislike?

I wish that reports were somewhat more customizable, and I wish that I could access my data directly without going through an API call.

Freshbooks recently lowered the limits of the number of clients I can manage and recently increased prices. It's still quite reasonable, but all the same, I was getting more capacity for less money a few months ago (May 2018)

As an independent consultant, I need a low-overhead, simple effective solution for time tracking and invoicing (it also tracks expenses and I use it for that when I have expenses as well).

FreshBooks review by Ashish C.
content writing manager

"Great accounting application for small businesses! Fast access and nice and easy user interface"

What do you like best?

I really liked all the features of this fresh and cool looking accounting application- Freshbooks. It takes a fast and easy sign up. Everything in this invoicing application looks great and understandable. Great for freelancers also as I used it as a freelancer for long. I can't stop recommending this application to everyone

What do you dislike?

Trial period is short which is only 30 days and after that you have to pay for continuation. They should limit clients list for at-least 2-3 clients and keep the trial period free forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it! Great accounting application which is easy to use. You can maintain all your invoicing and billing on this cloud application.

Online invoicing and billing, keeping billing and payments history. Creating estimates. Easy sending of invoices through email and complete relaxation in terms of accounting.

FreshBooks review by Jeniriana R.
System Engineer

"A fresh, useful and manageable software."

What do you like best?

I like that your payment method is for credit cards, it makes it easier when canceling the service you provide to my company. And it helps me a lot at the time of the accounting life that my company takes in its day to day, everything is more effective with FreshBook.

What do you dislike?

Customer service may be a bit late, they do not always respond very efficiently, I can not personalize my newsletters and that seems to me a big flaw to improve.

it is good software, it is effective although its version for Android may be a bit slower, I like the organization that carries my data, my company has become more dynamic and excellent since I use this system.

FreshBooks review by Joel K.
Conversion Copywriter and CRO Consultant

"With them from the beginning, and likely to stay!"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks is absurdly easy to use, and for the most part, does everything I need it to. I make heavy use of invoicing and expenses, and both have performed perfectly well for me. I also appreciate that they automatically calculate Stripe fees and other payment platform fees as expenses. Their team really cares about their users, and they listen when I offer feedback.

What do you dislike?

I wish multi-currency support was stronger; not being able to enter expenses in USD is frustrating. Sometimes, the way reports display numbers (what is included and what is not) is not always clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. While there are lots of alternatives in the field, support at Freshbooks is second to none and well worth the yearly cost.

I can quickly and easily generate invoices, track expenses, notify clients I've received payment, and even generate invoices on the go. Reporting, while not perfect, gives me a decent picture of how I"m tracking for the year, so I can plan taxes and keep track of profit/loss.

FreshBooks review by Zeke B.
Project Manager
Internet

"Fresh Books - Solving Hard Issues with Simple Solutions"

What do you like best?

I like that although Iʻm not the primary person using the software, I still am able to have access to the different parts of it. I also like being able to see how much time Iʻve spent on each client and essentially know where I could better focus my time. The other thing I like is the ability to do monthly billing, weekly, and daily if necessary!

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is the the "who has done what" is not broken down in to billable versus on-going clients. I also do not enjoy the fact that you have to enter in things manually sometimes. It seems silly that something that you do every week isnʻt able to stay saved for the full amount of time youʻre entering your hours - if you do so like I do, at the end of the billing cycle, as opposed to daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business, this is a great way to view everything all in one spot - Iʻm also almost certain they have a mobile app that allows you to take pictures of receipts used for accounting in general.

We had issues with people not being able to view invoices we sent from the previous software. When we got this, not only are we able to see when they view it but how many times and resend if need. Another issue we had was too many people were doing things that were not getting billed for because only one person was entering information. As such, weʻd miss out on crucial client billing situations - especially ones that were and are commission based. Allowing the company to have several users has greatly helped with this problem.

FreshBooks review by Cassandra C.
Marketing Director
Public Relations and Communications

"Freshbooks is an easy to use platform for any Small Business owner."

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use for the invoicing system. Invoices look clean and beautiful, and my clients have the ability to easily pay in any way that works best for them.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the reporting system. There could be more detailed reporting to provide to my accountant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy way to send invoices, collect payments, and track your clients activity, use Freshbooks! The easiest way is to set up a recurring template - Freshbooks will do it all for you.

I have solved the problem of easy invoicing as well as tracking payments from clients. I have realized that it is easy to lose track of a client and if they have paid, but Freshbooks keeps me reminded (as well as reminds my clients) for me.

FreshBooks review by Consultant in Graphic Design

"Currently using but looking to upgrade"

What do you like best?

I liked that at the time Freshbooks was a decent solution to send invoices to my design clients. Later features to add deposits (via percentages) and expenses were a nice add-on. There's even a plan (not on site, contact them) where you can get a small plan, where to start you can have up to two clients at a time to try out.

What do you dislike?

The fact that there is a newer version, but I wasn't included in the upgrade or asked to upgrade to check out new features. Also, as a Designer I am in need of more such as a portal where clients can login, online contracts, upload my logo vs showing Freshbooks logo. I want my clients to have a great experience working with me and a way to balance my needs. Freshbooks just handles invoices, where as I need more. I don't need a bunch of apps to get things done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a designer and are looking to try something to send invoices and accept payments this is a start. If you are looking for a bit more, there are other options. Dubsado is where I am headed. They have 2 Facebook groups (one of them for designers), online seminars, awesome customer service, tons of ways to automate your process and to look and feel professional. They implement features that I feel like every professional designer needs (including the option of payments via PayPal, Square and Stripe.

Invoicing and payments.

FreshBooks review by Tori F.
Content Strategist
Public Relations and Communications

"Simplifying Time Tracking & Billing"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks streamlines the process of tracking time spent on various projects for various clients. I love that you can list a number of different projects underneath one specific client. This comes in handy especially at my job where we are constantly completely multiple different tasks for a single client. One other aspect I appreciate is on invoices, you can enter items or time entries. We do wholesale projects as well as hourly design work so the flexibility to include both these options is very important to us.

What do you dislike?

The one problem I've had with Freshbooks is I haven't figured out how to delete clients or projects, and this clogs up my list. We have projects for whom we have not worked for several years, but they still appear on my time tracking list. This may be something only the administrator has access to, but I would love to have a way where I could pick and choose what assigned projects I'm currently working on, rather than having to scroll through our entire list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have experience using any other time-tracking software, so it is difficult for me to offer a fair comparison, but I can say the FreshBooks is highly user-friendly and diverse in features.

FreshBooks has allowed us to easily keep track of time spent on projects, which helps us create more accurate estimates for future projects or proposals. For example, we can look back and see how long we spent creating the past 3 Squarespace websites, and with that information adjust future Squarespace development proposals. Furthermore, I know my boss has really taken advantage of the accounting features of FreshBooks and keeps track of various purchases made.

FreshBooks review by User in Internet

"Awesome Invoicing and Expenses Mangement System for Small Businesses, Freelancers and Agencies"

What do you like best?

FreshBooks is easy to use, available on web and mobile app, manages clients, creates one-time and recurring invoices, creates estimates, tracks project time (and billing) and manages expenses, all very well and intuitively. Perfect for small businesses that provide services, especially online, freelancers, agencies or consultants.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is in the new version (which I didn't have to upgrade to), they don't suport paypal for accepting payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require using Paypal to accept payments, then the new version of Freshbooks won't suit you. But if not, I highly, really highly recommend Freshbooks for anyone needing a cloud based invoicing, project time tracking, and managing expense system. Freelancers, small service businesses working online, agencies all will benefit greatly. The iphone app is easy to use to manage expenses and can do most everything you can do on the web app and is fast and intuitive.

We manage all our client billing and expense management with Freshbooks and have save hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars by using it. Quick reporting helps us keep on top of receivables and expenses and accepting payments online has made billing quick and easy. Time savings is the biggest and being able to just export files or reports yearly is a huge time saver as well.

FreshBooks review by User

" Best Way to Manage Invoicing and Accounting!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy Freshbooks is to use. It pulls up your expenses from your back accounts so you can quickly and easily keep up with expenses. I also like how it's mobile friendly. Invoices are a breeze too! I essentially keep track of all business related management through Freshbooks. They have a lot of features, so take some time to see what works best for you business. Features like time tracking, tax planning, etc...are some of their bells and whistles.

What do you dislike?

I really think Freshbooks is great, but payment processing fees are always annoying and I just bill through PayPal or another service separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any small business owner needs accounting and invoicing software. I think you have to dive into all of their offerings - invoicing, expenses, time tracking, etc..and see how it fits into your life. Also look at integrations to see if it works with the other software that you use.

Freshbooks is solving my invoicing problem. No more manually sending invoices. The creation and management is excellent. I also love how it keeps track of my expenses. Over the years, their features have gotten better too. The benefit of using Freshbooks is that I can keep track of everything, stay organized and stay efficient in my small business.

FreshBooks review by Abdul R.
Project Manager
Food & Beverages
(10,001+ employees)

"Freshbooks are a perfect choice for all finance related work. "

What do you like best?

The value point is flawless, the simplicity of setting up a record. The capacity to set up my administrations in the application, no product to introduce since it is cloud-based, the portable application, capacity to set up the receipt and gauges layout, association with my business financial balance, capacity to track when a receipt has been opened.

What do you dislike?

While producing r receipt in light of Client B's chance, I need Client D's hourly rate to be available. Be that as it may, on the off chance that I invoiced Client A first their rate will frequently pre-populate Client B's receipt. You at that point need to exclusively change each line's rate (on the off chance that you utilize the itemized posting).

Freshbooks have lend us a lots of helping hand in sorting out our financial work.

FreshBooks review by User in Publishing

"Perfect software for solopreneurs"

What do you like best?

For a soloprenuer that needs a feature rich, flexible software, Freshbooks is a great choice. The different pricing tiers - depending on how many customers you have - is great for scaling your accounting as your business expands.

What do you dislike?

I've had a little trouble getting into some of the more advanced features. It's taken some time and research to figure out what they are. I wish there was stronger onboarding support. The lengthy URLs for each invoice are also kind of frustrating (when you do a "create sharable link).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to assess the features. Dedicate time up front to learning how to implement it for your business.

The biggest business problem that I've solved is efficient invoicing. Previously, I used word docs that took forever to put together and didn't always look professional. Tracking down payments was also frustrating - here, I can see with just a click if they've been viewed or paid. It's cut down the time I spend on invoicing and helped me get paid faster.

FreshBooks review by ashley o.
blogger
Hospitality

"Awesome organization in one place"

What do you like best?

i love that i could keep all my financial records in one place. I did not misplace any tax forms, documents or monies at all. it is very easy to use and navigate around the software. the time tracker was wonderful for timing online assignments. I could also keep track of all payments and billings. Everything is just awesome using freshbooks.

What do you dislike?

there is absolutely nothing i did not like about freshbooks. Everything is just perfect and I would not recommend changing anything

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are looking for a software that is easy to use and help you keep all your finances and taxes and files organized in one place then freshbooks is definitely for you.

Keeping all my finances and tax forms together and organized was easier then ever.

FreshBooks review by Jennifer S.
Owner
Legal Services
(Myself Only)

"Good customer support and easy to get started"

What do you like best?

I love how this software has changed the way I run my business. After linking my bank account and selected credit cards, it makes bookkeeping so easy. Everything is so intuitive that i rarely need support and if I do, they actually have a phone number you can call. They have a support key that allows them to quickly access your account. They have a great refund policy - upgrade or downgrade without fear! Lastly, it generates the very basic reports you need - expense reports, P/L, client billing - this has made it easy to keep my business running the way it should. For my small, one-person shop, I don't need Quickbooks (it's also too expensive) but this is just the right fit for my solo law practice.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, other than if you prepay for the year (you save 10%) but then upgrade to a monthly plan, the refund

for the unpaid portion of the year does not come automatically and you have to email them for it. I'm trying really hard here to think of something I dislike because really, I love everything about Freshbooks.

Accounting

Cash flow

Bookkeeping

Being ready for tax season

Billing

Collecting payments

FreshBooks review by Administrator in Legal Services

"User Friendly and Perfect for Solo Practitioners "

What do you like best?

As a contract paralegal I was looking for simple timekeeping and billing software that would allow me to manage my clients without being overly burdensome or confusing. I didn’t need something that would cost more than my PC itself. FreshBooks gives me the ability to track time, expenses (with bank integration), and invoice right from the website. It is also easy to find invoices and time entries with an easy search!

What do you dislike?

The only real complaints I have are that sometimes, the bank integration doesn’t work, and that I wish I could set different default rates by client rather than by project or service.

I basically have a streamlined process for invoicing my clients that makes it easier for them to pay me - which of course gets me paid faster!

FreshBooks review by User in Writing and Editing

"Best invoicing software for freelancers"

What do you like best?

I use the Classic version of Freshbooks and find it easy to use. I like being able to email invoices and then see when my clients have looked at the invoice. Reporting features are also easy to use and make it a breeze come tax time or to just see strategic information. Also, LOVE the customer support. They have real people who answer on the first ring and will be able to help you solve your issue.

What do you dislike?

Not much--I find it easy to use. I do like the Classic version better than the new interface they just released, but I honestly didn't spend a lot of time in the new version, so it just may be a case of being comfortable with what I'm already familiar with. However, I did appreciate how easy Freshbooks made it to try out the new interface but stick with the old if you prefer. Most companies force you into their new upgrades and I really appreciated that FreshBooks didn't (another sign of their great customer service).

Easy, fast invoicing and time tracking. Easily able to keep track of expenses and business receipts. Able to generate several reports that give me insights into my clients and how many hours I'm spending on certain projects.

FreshBooks review by Administrator in Printing

"Freshbooks was a quick and easy transition"

What do you like best?

I love that Freshbooks offers a 30 day free trial to first time users. This is important because not all accounting software is equally applicable across industries. The complete ease of set up was crucial when our company needed a quick fix to invoicing issues with our antiquated hardware and installed system. Since Freshbooks is cloud based, we can send from anywhere, anytime. I chose Freshbooks after my research indicated that we could upload images, which is a great and important feature for our unique needs.

What do you dislike?

While I enrolled with Freshbooks for the image upload feature, I learned that it is only available to be utilized when creating proposals. I hoped to use this feature on invoices or at least, estimates. While we are a graphics company, we also manufacture and produce goods. When a client has approved a design and is ready to order, it's important for the invoice to reflect that they agree to pay for any given mock up or print proof provided. Freshbooks also does not have a feature that allows us to add items with set pricing; each time an invoice is created, the last price and item description is all that is remembered. We need to be able to easily add listed items that always have the same price, with the same item description, then adjust as necessary instead of re-writing each item description and price. This costs us more time than it should. For this reason, Freshbooks would work best in a graphics only or service only based business where each invoice is completely personalized to it's project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for use in industries whee each project or job is highly unique. Do not expect to create stored lists of services or items.

Generating proposals with the ability to upload images is a favorite feature. Customers can now accept estimates and proposals after viewing the invoice which leaves a virtual paper trail. No more quibbling over what was agreed upon.

FreshBooks review by Sandra G.
Web Designer
Building Materials

"FreshBooks "

What do you like best?

I love that I can combine time tracking with invoicing and an accounting app all in one. I can track my time and create invoices from that time, send out invoices, and get paid, all in one easy-to-use package. I bought it for the time tracking features, and I stay because invoicing and payments are so easy.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback is that when I run out of my allotted number of clients/projects, I have to archive or delete some. I often have repeat clients and this seems like a disadvantage—but it's easy to reinstate a client I've archived. It would be nice to have added features at a later date, or the ability to customize the way invoice numbers are assigned for each client, but these are not deal breakers. FreshBooks is a bit expensive for my uses since I'm a freelancer and don't always have tons of invoices or clients. Would appreciate a smaller plan for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks is great for a freelancer or small business that needs to track time, invoice, and receive payments.

Seamless time tracking and invoicing plus payment app. It's amazing. I used to find it so cumbersome to have to track my time in one app, then calculate the rate on that, then open up my invoice app and add in the amount due, then export it and email it to a client ... now I can do all that in one place, plus I can see when the client opens the invoice. So it's a seamless process and it helps me get paid faster.

FreshBooks review by Shawn W.
Account Executive
Consumer Goods
(10,001+ employees)

"A perfect solution to a financial business work."

What do you like best?

The invoicing and time-following framework is consistent. I've never had an issue following time worked for a customer, and afterward rapidly producing a receipt that is obvious to peruse, simple to utilize, and acknowledges the majority of the proper strategies for installment. The UI is anything but difficult to explore, permits you monitor your solicitations, proposition, evaluations, and customers.

What do you dislike?

Extremely disappointing and tedious for a straightforward oversight. The bookkeeping/bookkeeping framework is additionally exceptionally dreary. I needn't bother with it to be as intensive as QuickBooks, yet some printable or downloadable cost sheets would be better. Maybe a less demanding approach to include sellers too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshbooks provides efficient invoicing and book-keeping services.

In terms of business , have been majorly using it for invoicing and oversight of all the business flow.

FreshBooks review by Agency in Computer Networking

"Easy to use account managment"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks is easy to use and creates nice looking invoices. I am able to set up recurring invoices for clients and they can set up automatic payments. Also categorizing expenses is pretty easy and helpful during tax season.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking and creating invoices from projects needs to improve. Here is why. Many of us freelancers are trying to move away from hourly rates and charging based on monthly fixed retainers. The way freshbooks works is not geared toward this. For instance, I have a team of contractors that work for me. All of them track time in freshbooks and charge me an hourly rate. I want to translate that hourly rate into my fixed retainer when i invoice the client but to make it so that the client does not see my contractor's hours I have to manually go through the entire invoice and delete the time recorded by my contractors.For some invoices this means 40 to 50 lines of tasks that need redacting. A simple way around this would be to have a function that simply allows me to exclude the amount of hours from the client facing invoice. At the moment there is no way to do this. Also in regard to time tracking, i would love a way to integrate tasks from basecamp to Freshbook's invoices and track time for each one. Now there is a chrome app for this but it's buggy and doesnt integrate well. The thing that is a bit frustrating about these limitiations is that Freshbooks talks about and encourages freelancers to move away from hourly rates but doesn't provide the tools to make it easier for us to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to manage a large company Freshbooks will probably be limiting for you. Also if you want an easy way to track time and integrate it with your invoicing don't expect too much.

Organizing my expenses, invoicing clients and accepting recurring automated payments.

FreshBooks review by Christine N.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"I Couldn't Live Without FreshBooks"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to time my work and record it for invoicing. I also like how you can see when your client has reviewed or paid your invoice.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about it, but it would be nice to be able to customize my invoicing more in the free version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small business, and have under 3 clients it's free, which is great! Upload your own logo and make your invoice look even more professional. It's easy to forget to switch jobs when you're working on different projects, so make sure you're aware of what job you're timing for.

I'm solving my need for quick and easy invoicing. It's also been super easy to see how many hours I spend working on specific projects.

FreshBooks review by Travis N.
Marketing Consultant

"Helped me focus on my job"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks is a God send! I hated keeping track of hours and sending invoices. As a creative professional I'm just not wired for that kind of work. Once I started using Freshbooks I was able to easily track hours and submit invoices--and not to mention sleep better! And come tax time, all my data was organized and ready to go!

What do you dislike?

I supposed if one were to be nitpicky it would have been nice to have had more invoice templates to choose from. Also, it was a hard to set up multiple rates for the same client depending on what project/task I was working on for them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hate doing the books, this is the app for you! It will give you more time to do the things you love instead of worrying about how to invoice your clients, trackign hours, and keeping records for taxes.

I was able to make the financial side of my business effortless. As for benefits, I had more time to spend making money and sleeping. It really was a no-brainer solution for me as I was starting out on my own.

FreshBooks review by Suzana S.
Creative Marketing Director

"Using for Years - Great Platform - Minor Limitations"

What do you like best?

- Automatically brings in your purchases and expenses from your Bank Accounts (TD Canada recently not supported)

- Automatic recurring payments structures for billing clients

- Items for fast invicing

What do you dislike?

- No Automatic currency conversions (lets say my account is in primarily CAD, and i have a USD credit card linked. I have to automatically convert the amounts to Canadian to expense them.

- Some expenses are duplicated, especially if you link Paypal and your credit card. They should have AI to presume they are the same.

- The design options for the invoices / limited!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your bank is supported if expenses are important to you!

I wanted a cool, modern software to take care of billing my clients, sending out automatic recurring invoices, and have a sort of expense reporting system to easily find out what I am spending and compile it for my accountant at the end of the year.

This is the best software for this so far, I have been using it for years and I am very comfortable using it.

FreshBooks review by Robert L.
Delieveries/Logistics
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"Freshbooks is a "refreshing" way to manage your accounting needs!"

What do you like best?

To start off my review, I like that the program is based in the cloud. This allows me to access my information in real time from anywhere on the go. Another great feature with FreshBooks is the ability to setup multiple company profiles. FreshBooks also implements intuitive features to allow you to easily generate and manage invoices or client information. As well as features such as time tracking to watch how much time you may spend on a particular task. Other features that add great value to this program is the ability to create and manage projects. Using the Project feature, I have been able to coordinate with my business partner accurately and timely. Ensuring that deadlines are met!

*** In comparison to quickbooks... you get more for your money using FreshBooks***

What do you dislike?

At this moment I have been highly satisfied with FreshBooks. I especially enjoy all the features that its competitors lack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with any type of product... It is imperative to make sure that it meet your specific needs. Although FreshBooks checks all the boxes for my company. For somebody else, it may not. And this is where you need to see if a competing software such as quickbooks may be better. Essentially it's all about figuring out and knowing what are the requirements to your line of work and will this potential solution full-fill the needs of my demand.

With the use of fresh books. I have been able to manage all task related to accounting. Being able to generate accurate reports and maintain accurate records allows me to manage my company and increase profitability.

* Primarily due to the nature of my business I use FreshBooks for more accounting purposes than actual billing of customers.*

FreshBooks review by Cindy F S.
Executive

"Freshbooks is easy to use as well as increases productivity"

What do you like best?

Easy to understand, get information, invoice and track payments and hours without steep learning curve. The tone of communications with the company is informative, relaxed, helpful and valuable. The CEO wrote an ebook and shared it and it was inspiring and helpful in reframing how we talk about and think about our services and pricing.

What do you dislike?

not all my banks sync with it - my local bank has not updated to provide access. Would prefer to pay less fee to accept online payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off with one client and use all the features - then build out the categories and tracking on an as needed basis. You can archive inactive clients without paying higher fees.

Easy invoicing and tracking payments - the timing of project per calendar is a great discipline for tracking actual time involved for each project. This has enabled tracking and billing of all different types of clients, products, and services as we scale up and down on our offerings.

FreshBooks review by Lisa K.
Web Designer & Marketing Consultant

"A Time and Sanity Saver"

What do you like best?

Freshbooks has helped me turn an onerous monthly task into a quick and simple one. I love the ability to have automated invoices, reminders, and late fees. The automation has made such a difference for me, since I would occasionally forget to send certain invoices or get them out later than I should have. The reminders also keep it from being too personal, since it's obvious they are automated so I don't feel like I'm harping on anyone. Another big perk are the integrations with Toggl time tracking software and MailChimp, and others through Zapier. New invoices automatically show up on an old Google spreadsheet that I've had for 10 years, allowing me to create complex charts and graphs using historical data to demonstrate my business growth.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier for my virtual assistant to create invoices on my behalf, and I really want a way to turn payments into credits. That way, when people pay in advance it automatically applies those advance payments to future invoices. I'd also like to have more than three invoice reminders. Sometimes clients just forget to pay, and having one or two extra reminders that can be sent closer together would make a difference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Freshbooks to any freelancer or small business that needs to collect money in a painless fashion.

Freshbooks makes it really easy for me to spend less time on administrative tasks like invoicing and more time on doing paid work. With several dozen clients, different hourly rates and different flat fees, managing monthly invoicing was taking me hours. Since implementing Freshbooks, my productivity has grown and my cash flow has improved immensely.

FreshBooks review by Scott I.
Owner

"Increased my efficiency and sped up how quickly my invoices are paid."

What do you like best?

FreshBooks is simple to use and has a very clean interface. The iPhone apps makes billing and time tracking a breeze. I have been using it for years, and found that it fits the bill perfectly [pun intended]. I don't currently use all the features of FreshBooks, but I do subscribe to their blog which keeps introducing me to features that make the entire experience great. They keep introducing new features, so I may never get caught up, but thats okay, because they keep improving my efficiency. On the rare occasion that I need to contact support, I have been pleasantly surprised that a real-human answers the phone on 1 ring and is happy to help solve the issue.

What do you dislike?

I wish that FreshBooks would allow for time tracking separate from time-billing. [Updated 11/2016: the new version of FreshBooks does allow this.]

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, I was hooked almost immediately.

Invoices need to be created with ease while onsite with a client. FreshBooks does this using their iPhone app. The client is instantly emailed an online invoice, allowing them to pay the invoice immediately. Being an Apple Consultant, design astetic is important, and I wanted my invoices and payment portal to reflect that. The received FreshBook invoices, statements, website/ portal and other client contact are easily customizable with very little effort.

FreshBooks review by Ashley M.
Commercial Photographer
Photography

"Freshbooks changed my business in a way no other program (including photoshop) could do."

What do you like best?

K.I.S.S

I mean, as an artist I didn't realize the impact business has on the creative mind. Not being successful was impacting my creative side dramatically, I just didn't realize to what extent. I never did really well at keeping track, my invoicing was predominantly paper and pen, and often I'd simply use an excel sheet to keep track (ha!) of things. I later upgraded to Quickbooks, that was great until I was audited and the mistakes I had made in that program were so bad I ended up paying thousands of unpaid taxes, that almost closed my business entirely. I switched to Freshbooks as a friend of mine was recommending it. They do things right, they keep it simple. Now as my business grows, I know exactly problem areas and deal with them before they become too large to deal with. I also can project monthly's, that allowed me to hire a part time assistant to help, freeing me up to focus more on photography.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact I heard of this 3 years too late! The fact it's 100% online is a very slight irritation, I sometimes wish I had access to a program on my PC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a creative, looking for a simple, yet powerful accounting and billing option, Freshbooks is where to look. Starting up is easy, and integration with contractors and accountants is an absolute breeze. In fact, my accountant even gives me a discount based on how organized I am now VS before! Can't speak highly enough of it, well priced, solid platform.

By taking the guesswork out of my accounting, accounts aging etc I have effectively freed up more time and creativity. I am a photographer, I get paid to do that job. Thats my strength, and having time sucked away from that into accounting was a problem that freshbooks solved.

FreshBooks review by Betsy M.
Owner & Chief Content Officer
Writing and Editing

"Great for solo workers to quickly create invoices"

What do you like best?

When you get that first freelance gig, the first thing you need to do is learn how to create an invoice so you can get paid. Freshbooks makes it super easy to do so you can get that payment faster than ever.

What do you dislike?

As I've taken on more clients, Freshbooks isn't always the best tool. I tried using this expense tool and it didn't work very well for my purposes. I still only have one employee (myself), but I find that Freshbooks is no longer amazingly suited for my needs. It seems like Freshbooks is geared more towards people who are just getting started in their business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As the all-in-one tool that Freshbooks is trying to be, I'm not sure if they are succeeding. If you simply need to create invoices, then this will serve your purposes.

Well, it certainly helps me get paid! Helped me create invoices from the start and that's one less thing I have to worry about.

FreshBooks review by Glenn Wallace, R.
Online Local Marketing Consultant

"Best software for Freelancers"

What do you like best?

Been using this for years to keep track of and invoice my clients. With the recurring billing feature this allowed me to setup billing for my clients once and get paid month after month. Great software.

Also makes running reports and tax reports easy to compile.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything to complain about as of yet. It more than serves my purposes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you can't go wrong.

Ability to collect recurring income from clients at signup time.