- One of the best Customer Support teams I have worked with in 15 years. (Responsive, Knowledgeable, Courteous and always looking to give you the best solutions / options available)
- Custom CSS and design capability
- API integration (v2)
- The Observer / Dispatch'r automation options
- Automatic Email forwarding and ticket creation capabilities
- Field level customization capability
- Access Management Control (ACM)
- Side by Side Customer/Agent Portals
- Support Channels (FB/Twitter/LiveChat/Email/Phone/MobileHelp/Website...)
- SSO Security option
- Solutions Wiki for existing processess
- Web hooks to your existing application Backend services
1) Contacts need to be verified
In our situation we only allow verified customers to use our services.
It would have been nice to allow us to add Verified contacts directly.
2) The Contacts lookup API doesn't return back contacts who are registered as agents.
Example Use Case:
1) You can also use our services even if you are an employee and so when automating the creation of support tickets, the contacts lookup api wouldn't return a contact associated to an agents email address.
And hence when trying to add a contact via the api, it would fail. (email already in use)
We had to add an additional lookup call to lookup an agent and use the agents-> contact information in the tickets "requester_id" field.
This not only adds complexity but also counts towards towards the per hour rate limit for your api.
3) Rate Limiting:
Rate limiting should be only a rolling interval rather than fixed pre-defined intervals.
There should be provisions to send out notifications to a particular email/group when rate limits are within warning thresholds.
For example: For a particular plan if the rate limit is 1000 per internal, then they should be an option to configure a warning threshold.
Additionally there should be an option to perform certain actions when the limit is breached.
For example: Be billed for every additional x requests upto a max of y requests above the limit.
4) Limited examples:
The C# examples are limited
4.1 No examples were available using the Form Post technique to CreateATicketWithAttachments and also with CustomFields
4.2 No examples the Update (PUT) with "Custom Fields"
4.3 No examples when using a JSON request format to create a Ticket with attachments.
4.4 The examples assume that the attachments are available on the Clients end machine. (File attachment)
It doesn't account for the fact that the attachments could be retrieved from a data store and hence only the file bytes may be available.
5. No Sandbox / Test environment as of today. I know its being actively developed.
I would highly recommend this product.
Take some understand the various options carefully because this product is very flexible and can certainly help with productivity and reduce customer management / support costs.
Its a very well though out and comprehensive solution that is well worth the money.
Give our customers a much better experience when they try to reach out to us for help,
Reduce the turn around time for support requests
Have a variety of options for our customers to be able to reach out to us
Freshdesk has already helped us improve our overall productivity and increase our efficiency of Customer Support.