Freshdesk
Badge 1417703253

Freshdesk

117 9.1 / 10
Compare Watch a Demo
Freshdesk Help Desk Software for Customer Support.

Freshdesk Reviews (117)

• Freshdesk interface is slick and easy to use. My team of 10 was using it within 5 minutes. We killed off all old email group mailboxes, 2 other junk help desk... Read More
    0 xuxlrhtcfgyzti0dexysrwksbkiq mmd6jwsrwr5zg0xyomseg7dvikwwwwihw73lzgrq2grtcyj
    Tom B.
  • Primary objective of having no server to maintain and constantly being up-to-date with the latest features and functionality, as and when development releases new... Read More
    0 xtjm nlaeoztodqjabue 9cghpcdofvja9d6 cbrcsnj3wcm1ndvdb1o6ag ghnzylrbukmvsmzu
    Jon M.
    Administrator in Printing
Validated Review

Freshdesk changed the way we handle our customer service! Love it!

What do you like best?

The system works the way a helpdesk system should work. It's very reliable, user friendly and the design works good to navigate through the large amount of tickets we receive.

What do you dislike?

Adding extra agents is not cheap and if you work with a big team, freshdesk can become expensive. however, the price is worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is slightly more expensive than the other solutions available. Self hosted helpdesks just don't compare to the software you get when you work with Freshdesk. Having a huge amount of email traffic, Freshdesk is the best tool we could find to help us organise everything in a way that we could stay two steps ahead instead of falling two steps behind like we did with our self hosted solution we used at first.

Customers have no idea that we are using freshdesk as we completely branded it to our own company look. This software has helped us a lot and the team at freshdesk are really helpful and friendly!

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Our customer service has improved by 100%. We are now in control of our customer service emails and we can easily see an entire overview of how things are going for this department. We've tried several other solutions, but non of them come even close to the benefits we've gotten out of freshdesk!

Great Application, Poor Customer Service, and Unethical SEO Methods

What do you like best?

I love how simple the support ticket format is. I've been in pretty high-end applications and this one is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box the solution was great so I'm hesitant to leave a bad review. The issue's I came across cause major workflow issues, thoughts that a major part of our business is not being supported, and almost betrayal of the trust I put into all my vendors.

Programming Glitches or Bugs

I have created a whole library of solution articles. When using the WYSIWYG editor the actual source code it produces is full of DIV Tags. The only way around this is to edit outside of the WYSIWYG editor, copy and paste your source code into the article, and save it before you switch views back to the WYSIWYG editor. My writer does not have any real CSS or HTML abilities. So a 5-minute article productions turns into 40 minutes. Not to mention what happens when you try to edit an article and all the bloat code the editor inserts.

Content Duplication in Search Engines Results

A lot of time was invested in creating articles that were SE optimized and this content served as my domains initial...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If support doesn't matter to you buy now. If search engine ranking doesn't matter to you, buy now.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

None. Nothing has been solved and more problems were created.

Why we chose Freshdesk over Zendesk- Intercom Integration, Customer Support

What do you like best?

Freshdesk's customer service is excellent. I mean, really excellent. Sooraj, my customer support contact, went above and beyond to make sure we had everything that we needed. I also really like that Freshdesk has clearly thought through the user experience and added helpful features to make updating and pulling from the knowledge-base much easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like that I need to upgrade to the Estate Plan to customize the CSS so that the site looks nice. I think that this should be possible with the Garden Plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The other thing that Freshdesk does that is really helpful (that Zendesk does not) is that it allows me to take a customer question and my response and turn it into a new knowledge-base item. In addition, if answering a customer question in a ticket, I can pull in the entire text or link from the knowledge-base item and put it right in the ticket. With Zendesk I had to actually go and find the URL of that question and copy and paste it into the ticket response or make a macro with a pre-populated response. It is really inefficient and it seems like a basic user requirement. Freshdesk does it, Zendesk does not.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

PageFair provides a solution to adblocking for publishers so that they can begin to monetize adblocked web traffic. We put non-intrusive, text-only ads back on sites. Our customers are web publishers.

Validated Review

Provided must-have features with low-end plan

What do you like best?

We are a small and profitable business offering a web service to customers around the world. Offering fast and high-quality support is essential. We compared FreshDesk and ZenDesk

Like any business offering specialized services, we required custom fields. I was astonished to find this was not supported by ZenDesk except at the very expensive enterprise level. In contrast, FreskDesk offered this capability with their low-end plans.

We also needed to be able to offer single sign-in and general integration with our web service. Again, ZenDesk had nothing in this regard except at the enterprise level, while the FreshDesk API offered everything we needed. In fact, the FreshDesk API Is so rich that we will probably integrate even further over the next few months.

Support from FreshDesk was outstanding. We achieved integration with a few days of development time. Everything just worked.

In summary, the message we got from FreshDesk was that they wanted our business, and wanted...

What do you dislike?

Inability to handle proactive support by posting messages to customers. I see in the FreshDesk forums that this is a planned feature. I sure hope so! For the time being, we will have to work around this very serious omission in other ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support for custom fields and API integration at the low-end plans is a huge win for FreshDesk. Neither are available with ZenDesk except at the very pricey enterprise level.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Improved customer support, easier integration with our web services, improved mobile features, ability to add agents on an ad hoc basis.

Intuitive Product & Great Features

What do you like best?

All the automation tools. Incoming ticket rules are great, but I especially like setting up rules that look at existing tickets every hour and can perform whichever actions I set, based on the properties I've indicated. We used this to set up reminder emails on tickets where we are waiting on a response. We don't have to remember to continue to update tickets, and we have a standard that's set for how often we check in before it is closed due to a lack of response.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike. One annoyance is the contact/requester management. One contact cannot have more than one email address. If a contact is deleted, incoming tickets are marked as spam (good in some cases but I'd rather that not be the default). Contacts can't be merged easily, either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We ultimately switched from Freshdesk to Freshservice. Freshdesk is great for organizations/companies that are serving a mostly external user base. If you serve a user base that is mostly internal employees, check to see if Freshservice would be better. It's based in ITIL and includes asset management, vendor management, etc.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We were using a free Helpdesk program, which worked for our needs, but wasn't allowing our team function at a higher level. After making a switch to Freshdesk, we've realized the benefits of more efficient ticket handling, which we can see using better reporting tools, and as a result, happier users.

Tags

* We monitor all Freshdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Freshdesk?