Freshdesk

Freshdesk is a cloud-based helpdesk software that streamlines customer conversations across multiple channels including email & phone. It enables faster collaboration with your support team for quick responses to your customer. With 150+ integrations, we make it simple for businesses to provide superior customer support. We are trusted by 100,000+ companies across different industries.

Work for Freshdesk?

Learning about Freshdesk?

Freshdesk Reviews

Ask Freshdesk a Question
Showing 818 Freshdesk reviews
Freshdesk review by <span>Clyde C.</span>
Clyde C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Freshdesk is a big improvement over handling support via email. It keeps responses from customers together and provides good tools for sharing support responsibilities with other agents. The "solutions" section is very helpful to my customers and is easier to create and edit than my web site, plus solutions can be easily linked or added to customer responses.

What do you dislike?

Freshdesk seems to be intended for support for software companies, not consumer products. As such, it is very biased toward a semi-technical customer base. For example, for a user to get support, they must click the button that says "create a ticket". In the software world, that is very obvious lingo, however it confuses non-technical customers (in my world, the ones most likely to need support). It would be more universal to have the button say something like "contact us" for example. I have had a lot of negative feedback from my customers just because they didn't know where to start, so that often results in a phone call which is much less effective and much costlier. Additionally, the Freshdesk system prefers to have users create an account before submitting a ticket. That is a lot to ask of customers who are just looking for an answer. Because I allow customers to create a ticket without explicitly creating an account, Freshdesk assumes the customer name to be the first part of their email address - which makes for very impersonal initial responses. Editing the customer name requires a surprising number of steps. There are many other similar issues with Freshdesk that I have reported to Freshdesk and they have promised to respond, but that was many months ago now - which makes me think they are having a hard time managing support using their own tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is a viable solution, but is not without issues. I suspect the same could be said of any support solution, so for the price Freshdesk is a reasonable choice. Freshdesk appears to be a relatively young company with potential for great improvement. If they are successful, it will be very good to grow with them, but the decision is not without risk.

Using Freshdesk has allowed me to hire additional part-time support agents and provide a well coordinated response to customer technical questions, product information, endorsements, and general feedback. While it takes some effort to work around the items I dislike, we have still been able to create a lot of lifelong customers because we solved their problems. We have also realized a number of new dealers and distributors who contacted us via our Freshdesk portal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Freshdesk
Freshdesk review by <span>Andrew P.</span>
Andrew P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The Freshdesk user interface is clean and intuitive. It also updates relatively quickly, meaning we don't see many cases where support techs try to grab the same ticket. The feature set provides pretty much everything we need as a small operator. Pricing structure is very reasonable and worth what we pay, although I wouldn't mind seeing some additional features at the lower tiers. The mobile app is so-so. The technical support is excellent (this coming from a support technician).

What do you dislike?

Freshdesk could do with a graphical overhaul. The current upcoming overhaul (Mint) is in beta and definitely feels like it. Fortunately, we were able to switch back to the "classic" experience after running into a number of known bugs. The mobile app is solid, but the layout is a lot less intuitive than the desktop browser version. Not bad per se, but could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that Freshdesk is an excellent fit for a small business environment. If you need turn-key ticket tracking and wiki options Freshdesk delivers at a reasonable cost.

We support an array of ~40,000 devices located worldwide (primarily located in North America). Freshdesk lets us combine multiple support channels into a single interface, which saves a huge amount of time. We've managed to automate 99% of our ticket generation and we now have access to some valuable metrics on customer volume/distribution that our previous solutions didn't provide. We've also seen some minor benefits from creating our own portal with articles and FAQs for our customer base. The ability to receive and track views and feedback is particularly helpful.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Freshdesk review by <span>Ted F.</span>
Ted F.
What do you like best?

Freshdesk is extremely customizable. Its menus and layouts make it very easy to make changes to your help desk within minutes, perhaps even seconds. If you are stuck and need help customizing, the Freshdesk team works extremely hard to help you achieve your goals.

What do you dislike?

This is difficult because I have never had a negative experience with Freshdesk. But, the only thing I am not fond of is the pricing. It can be a little pricey, but it is certainly more affordable than Zendesk, and you certainly get many, many features. Otherwise, there isn't anything to dislike about Freshdesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk customer care is great to work with. They go above and beyond to make sure you're getting the most out of your Freshdesk solution.

We are using Freshdesk to manage our IT service/support requests. It helps us organize all tickets and prioritize them as appropriate. We use the knowledge base module on it to ensure our end-users have some tech learning resources.

Freshdesk review by <span>Kimberly H.</span>
Kimberly H.

Convenient customer management

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Freshdesk is one of the best applications for small and medium business customers. It is possible to assign customer requests. I like that Freshdesk easily integrates into several subsystems and provides the flexibility to use it in several channels, such as a PC. And it also has a special mobile application - it's very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that we can not insert videos and large documents. And also I want to be able to instantly connect Freshdesk to notifications by e-mail. For example, if we publish a new ad, we want all customers to see it right away. I would also like to have access to analytics. And the opportunity to see how many active users from the total.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent software. Always will work on what you need. The platform works quickly and without failures, all your documents are protected. I recommend it to you.

This helps us stay in touch with customers and help them solve their problems using systems. In addition, our technical support is much organized and accelerated. Freshdesk helps us in providing instant offers to our customers, and this significantly increases our sales

Freshdesk review by <span>Marcus M.</span>
Marcus M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

First of all, Freshdesk staff is polite, professional and always helpful. They are very punctual with resolving issues, and when they say the issue is fixed, it very likely is. It does not take them long at all to get to work on your request or issue.

What do you dislike?

One thing that caused some slight conflict is that the tech I was working with, seemed to think of me as unable to handle a basic problem. It may have been the wording I used in my request or something as I figure it was something that I said that made him think I was fairly naïve in the computer world. However, we were able to work through this and the problem was resolved in the end!

My company uses the Freshdesk helpdesk to stay organized with requests for our non-profit organization. After a recent update, Freshdesk failed to work in IE 11. My request involved this issue and they were able to get it resolved.

Freshdesk review by <span>Martin S.</span>
Martin S.

Freshdesk Ticketing

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The look and feel

The ability to carry out customisation

The system automation

The relationship management between tickets

A friendly Freshdesk and responsive support team for when you have issues or requests

What do you dislike?

Some of the basic concepts that you would expect to see such as:

- Ability to create custom team specific dashboards

- Ability to link one customer to another i.e. partner + end customer of partner

- Time taken for the Freshdesk Developers to implement a new feature or piece of functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is fairly easy to configure and full of lots of useful elements that will help manage and resolve your customer contact. If there is a new feature that you need the time taken to implement can be long so just make sure before you buy you carry out a full review to ensure the major components and requirements are in place. Everything else you need can be build and customised

We are moving from a small company to a large company. I am using Freshdesk to help manage this scale, workflow mgmt, SLAs and reporting.

Freshdesk is providing us with a way to scale up and manage our IT demands inline with our ITIL Framework.

Learn more about Freshdesk

Freshdesk Videos

Learning about Freshdesk?

* We monitor all Freshdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.