Freshdesk
Badge 1391545051

Freshdesk

40 8.9 / 10
Compare Request a Demo
Freshdesk Help Desk Software for Customer Support.

Freshdesk Reviews (41)

0 xtjm nlaeoztodqjabue 9cghpcdofvja9d6 cbrcsnj3wcm1ndvdb1o6ag ghnzylrbukmvsmzu
Jon McNamara
Administrator in Printing
Their website has all of the features you'd want in a help-desk ticketing system. Comparable packages from other vendors are in excess of 4x the cost. Beyond the... Read More
Michael Murphy

FreshDesk Rocks for Managing Requests. Don't Bother with Other Tools

What do you like best?

Freshdesk interface is slick and easy to use. My team of 10 was using it within 5 minutes. We killed off all old email group mailboxes, 2 other junk help desk systems and all hallway conversations. I also love the support and the fact that they are always interested in making their product exceed expectations. One of the best tools I've used. I'd put it right up there with Basecamp.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dislike. Sometimes the font can be varied on what you customize vs. what it sends. You also have to update you DNS. Not a huge deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I looked at many tools. Here were my requirements:

REQUIREMENTS:

I want anyone in EHI to be able to create a request for us, preferably by email. We'll be fielding 1,500 request per month. Most stakeholders send request by email today. This is the easiest way to send requests, as its working from a tool they are in every day and it relieves them from having to communiciate a new URL or book mark a page somehow for their entire team to know about. Using email, they can simply add our wcmrequest@ehic.com email to their address book.

CLOUD - Prefer a web-based tool, that is highly secure.

MOBILE - Prefer ability to access the site remotely on iPhone, smartphone, Android, tablet. (Allows us the ability to collaborate while out of the office).

QUEUES - Shows ticket queues by agent or by team

USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN and FUNCTION - Easy to use, focused software that does one thing (request ticket tracking) and does it well. Primary users are internal clients at EHI. ...

Validated Review

Wonder worked for us in handling support queries. Reliable and value for the money & time we spend.

What do you like best?

Its versatility and stability.

Tons of new mobiles every day and emerging operating systems, customers from all across India and internationally, different mobile networks and connection speeds, serving content in 11 Indian languages from about 90+ newspapers and eBooks in 6 Indian languages, and above all to remain as a top mobile application in the News category on almost all platforms like Android, Windows, iOS, J2ME, it would not be easier for NewsHunt without understanding our customers. And to achieve this, we need a versatile and a stable support tool, up and running with almost no down time. FreshDesk had not let us down, the choice we finalized after evaluating at least the top rated support tools in the market now. If I need to highlight a few of its advantages, here are they from our perspective,

- We have easily transitioned from the traditional way of operating through emails

- Wonder worked in categorizing the questions and feedback and allotting it to dedicated...

What do you dislike?

Not all biggies, but would love to have:

- Would like to download the tickets details, a dump probably, based on the search keywords.

- Navigate to the next tickets based on search results. Right now, I have to move sequentially.

- Probably, support for more forms based on our need. Specifically being a dual feature Mobile application, at NewsHunt we would like to have different forms to post support ticket.

- Filters after searching with an open string.

- SMS feature along with email specifically for Indian market, not sure for international customers.

- Primary key based on our own choice: Email or Phone number.

- Mobile friendly screen to submit tickets, if integrated directly on the mobile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Almost all leading support tools in the market now are easy to integrate. FreshDesk is no different, but it is exceptional in its user experience and handy even for the first timer. We are handling thousands of support queries now every single day much easier than earlier.

It would be a wise choice to go for it for its competitive cost and more for the values we get out of it.

Would like to answer this in 2 folds:

Customers are our best evaluators. Sometimes a miss in the content and failed content delivery is spot-on by our customers. Probably, if we were living in the world of email, we would have easily missed their feedback. Our intention of reaching our customers promptly, would have not been achievable. But with the integration of FreshDesk, we are out of this risk.

Secondly, stepping into the world of e-Commerce with our release of eBooks on NewsHunt, we would like to be extra-cautious on the feedback loop. Payment failure requests not responded or failing to achieve customer satisfaction in any dimension, is something which we would never like to do. We ride on the smile of our customers.

FreshDesk has been helping us wonderfully in achieving both of them. While it helps us in responding back to each ticket/customer on time, it is also helping us in collating the feedback at one place. Further, escalations set-up are helping us in resolving the...

Reviewed

Easy to setup and simple to use helpdesk ticketing solution

What do you like best?

Primary objective of having no server to maintain and constantly being up-to-date with the latest features and functionality, as and when development releases new updates were easily achieved with this.

Extremely simple to setup utilising the information available on freshdesks own Solutions and Forums. With very little interaction from the Freshdesk team, I was able to customise the solution during the 30-day trial to help me decide this is the one. Further complex customisation is still available and continues to impress.

Any interaction I have had with sales and support have been responded to promptly.

There is a lot of customisation with look and feel, including customised integration options, many are available off the shelf

Knowledge Base Solutions and Forums available as standard and although separate, they are both integrated into the ticketing system so you can post solutions as part of posting a resolution off the back of a ticket.

Import/Export to csv from lots of...

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have multiple ticket forms, available to different companies - Apparently due soon!

Automatic AD sync would be useful as at the moment using csv import

Mobile usage could be better. Seems designed more for iPhone and doesn't work at all well with stock Android browser or Chrome. Have it working with Maxthon & Ninesky though so ok.

SSO seems difficult to setup - Have had to resort to my own PHP coded login page from a link on our Intranet for our own employees as didn't want to have a custom address for external users to use for login.

Attachments could be shown better - inline pics in emails show stretched and certain attachments are renamed. We use a group which pushes all emails to the Freshdesk email and to a Public Folder in Exchange so we can review the original email for reference, if required.

Additional Dashboards would be nice

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup is a breeze, especially with the help of their own KB & Forums.

With the 30-day trial, it really is worth giving it a go, especially since it's free for upto 3 users.

My dislikes are very much minor and the benefits obtained from this extremely easy to use solution is huge!

We love Freshdesk

What do you like best?

Of all ticketing systems, freshdesk is the only one using a "fun" language and a layout that while working great, never puts the "I hate tickets" feeling inside you. Something we experienced with other system.

It's easy to configure, and the product is developing rapidly. They constantly add new features or improve existing features. Their helpdesk is fast, friendly and helpful.

I also like that with the API we can connect other apps, like our shopping cart (cs-cart) and Podio.

What do you dislike?

Hmm... hard to say. There are a couple of miniscule things.... like why do links open in the same tab and not in a new one. I am sure they'll change this though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try some helpdesks before choosing one. I tried about 6 and it made me realize what we need, including things I hadn't though off, that cheaper helpdesk did not offer, like agent collission detection.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We started our online shop and distribution business exactly 3 years ago, using a gmail account with labels, which we used to assign an email to a certain person. A perfect solution for startups or business getting just a couple of mails per day. When business grew however, this became impossible to maintain.

I wanted to keep out customer service level top notch, so decided we had to start using a tcketing system. After trying a couple, including some helf-hosted, we choose Freshdesk because it was easy to configure, could do everything we wanted, and I got great support when informing about the product.

Exceptional in every respect

What do you like best?

I can manage the support for all my companies in one central portal, yet retain customised look and feel, FAQs and style for each company. If I have any problems their response time is phenomenal. My customers love our support system now!

What do you dislike?

Well, nobody likes to spend their hard-earned cash! But, the return on investment when it comes to considering the time we save having everything in one place, the fact that people who are customers across multiple companies only need one login, and the ease of use far outweighs my moaning at having to spend money!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and I guarantee you'll be impressed. Take the time to really explore all the options and understand the flexibility and power that the system presents. Compare it with other systems and you won't be disappointed. Oh, and raise a support ticket at some point with Freshdesk and you'll see how awesome their support is :)

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Without a doubt the biggest business problem was the fact that we have three busy companies serving varied customer bases, which we wanted to manage in one central place due to reducing our staff count. Freshdesk lets us do this with ease, allowing me to customise rules to ensure that certain categories of tickets are automatically assigned to specified staff members. The benefit has been I don't miss tickets because they are all in one place. Customers don't have three separate logins. Our staff have an oversight of the other areas of the business and can dip in and help if they have time. Also getting an overview of customer satisfaction, response times and figuring out where there are pinch points using the reporting system has been a real help.

Tags

* We monitor all Freshdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
As Featured in