Freshdesk

Freshdesk

(1,828)

Freshdesk is a cloud-based helpdesk software that streamlines customer conversations across multiple channels including email & phone. It enables faster collaboration with your support team for quick responses to your customer. With 150+ integrations, we make it simple for businesses to provide superior customer support. We are trusted by 100,000+ companies across different industries.

Work for Freshdesk?

Learning about Freshdesk?

Freshdesk Reviews

Ask Freshdesk a Question
Showing 1,833 Freshdesk reviews
Freshdesk review by Clyde C.
Clyde C.

"Freshdesk is a workable solution, but takes a lot of maintenance."

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is a big improvement over handling support via email. It keeps responses from customers together and provides good tools for sharing support responsibilities with other agents. The "solutions" section is very helpful to my customers and is easier to create and edit than my web site, plus solutions can be easily linked or added to customer responses.

What do you dislike?

Freshdesk seems to be intended for support for software companies, not consumer products. As such, it is very biased toward a semi-technical customer base. For example, for a user to get support, they must click the button that says "create a ticket". In the software world, that is very obvious lingo, however it confuses non-technical customers (in my world, the ones most likely to need support). It would be more universal to have the button say something like "contact us" for example. I have had a lot of negative feedback from my customers just because they didn't know where to start, so that often results in a phone call which is much less effective and much costlier. Additionally, the Freshdesk system prefers to have users create an account before submitting a ticket. That is a lot to ask of customers who are just looking for an answer. Because I allow customers to create a ticket without explicitly creating an account, Freshdesk assumes the customer name to be the first part of their email address - which makes for very impersonal initial responses. Editing the customer name requires a surprising number of steps. There are many other similar issues with Freshdesk that I have reported to Freshdesk and they have promised to respond, but that was many months ago now - which makes me think they are having a hard time managing support using their own tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is a viable solution, but is not without issues. I suspect the same could be said of any support solution, so for the price Freshdesk is a reasonable choice. Freshdesk appears to be a relatively young company with potential for great improvement. If they are successful, it will be very good to grow with them, but the decision is not without risk.

Using Freshdesk has allowed me to hire additional part-time support agents and provide a well coordinated response to customer technical questions, product information, endorsements, and general feedback. While it takes some effort to work around the items I dislike, we have still been able to create a lot of lifelong customers because we solved their problems. We have also realized a number of new dealers and distributors who contacted us via our Freshdesk portal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Freshdesk
Freshdesk review by Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.

"Convenient customer management"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is one of the best applications for small and medium business customers. It is possible to assign customer requests. I like that Freshdesk easily integrates into several subsystems and provides the flexibility to use it in several channels, such as a PC. And it also has a special mobile application - it's very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that we can not insert videos and large documents. And also I want to be able to instantly connect Freshdesk to notifications by e-mail. For example, if we publish a new ad, we want all customers to see it right away. I would also like to have access to analytics. And the opportunity to see how many active users from the total.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent software. Always will work on what you need. The platform works quickly and without failures, all your documents are protected. I recommend it to you.

This helps us stay in touch with customers and help them solve their problems using systems. In addition, our technical support is much organized and accelerated. Freshdesk helps us in providing instant offers to our customers, and this significantly increases our sales

What Help Desk solution do you use?

Freshdesk review by Nick D.
Nick D.

"A Very Powerful Tool with Great Support"

What do you like best?

I love Freshdesk's easy to use interface. We never have trouble training our users on Freshdesk. They find it very intuitive. I also love Freshdesk's support. Everyone that I speak with is very helpful and knowledgeable about the product. They are quick to respond and have creative and viable solutions to our issues. We've found Freshdesk to be a great solution that stacks up well against other service desk solutions at a lower cost.

What do you dislike?

The platform is a bit limited at times. Freshdesk has great functionality, but we've had some minor hurdles to deal with as we're up-scaling. Sometimes, limits on the amounts and types of fields/reports that are available can be a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to ask questions of the Freshdesk team. They will take all of your requests into consideration. I would also recommend calling support if possible. that's the quickest way to get in touch with someone and they often have a solution to offer right away.

Before Freshdesk, our customers we emailing their account managers directly with their issues. We had no good way to organize their requests and make sure we were responding to them in a timely manner. Our support to our customers has improved greatly with Freshdesk. We have all of our customer's requests organized in one central location. We can easily report on SLA figures as well as trends on what customers are having issues with. We also now have a great place to upload knowledge base articles so that our customers can self-service.

Freshdesk review by Robert J.
Robert J.

"Freshdesk is really a fresh look at the support service"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to unify many communication channels. Freshdesk will collect all the messages in one place and you no longer miss one of them. I also like the level of automation of this service, the processing of tickets is simple and for me, it is the best among competitors. Our agents began to execute more orders and solve problems much more quickly. The configuration and integration of Freshdesk went pretty quickly. I liked the work of the support service of Freshdesk, they quickly answered all the questions and helped us to integrate the service as quickly as possible. I almost forgot to mention the mobile app, it is designed to be as convenient as possible even on small screens. In addition, we can set not only the standard statuses of the order execution but also create our own, it's really very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Freshdesk provides ease of use, and there is nothing that I would not like about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your customers to feel satisfied after contacting customer support, try Freshdesk. This is really a quality service. Moreover, for those who already use other similar services, I can only advise you to improve your work and go to Freshdesk.

Freshdesk is really a fresh look at the support team. This service brought many new things to our department; we organized our work in a new way. Freshdesk automated almost all the processes that we used to do manually. Earlier we had cases when several agents started to deal with one appeal, now there are no such problems.

Freshdesk review by Sagar B.
Sagar B.

"Great support tool "

What do you like best?

There are few things which I love about Freshdesk are

1- Great interface

2- Simple navigation

3- Offers many customizations

4- Freshdesk support team

The Freshdesk helped me in setting up the support workflow for my company. It helped my to automate the ticket assignment, escalation notification, follow-up automation. The report section of Freshdesk gives me an entire dump of ticket information which helps me to create a customized report and see how my team is doing.

What do you dislike?

I would not say dislike as it is a very strong word but I feel Freshdesk can improve lot on below two points.

1- Though the software is not that much buggy but I am must say it is slow.

2- There are very options in the reporting section. Freshdesk does need to add more options in terms customizing the report so it is presentable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend Freshdesk as it is easy to setup, have some awesome customization, have a really good support team who is always there to help you with your questions. I just love using Freshdesk.

Though there is room for improvement, I am pretty much sure Freshdesk team is working on it.

The new UI is a little bit buggy and slower.

I still do not find any dedicated success manager who can help us to better structure our support process. If I could find the best practices among support standard that would be awesome

We are using Freshdesk mainly for email support and platform support.

Freshdesk review by Christine M.
Christine M.

"Freshdesk Review"

What do you like best?

I like best the report system. From Helpdesk Analysis, Productivity Reports, and Customer Happiness or the Satisfaction Survey. They have great customer support, both chat and email. It is flexible. Has multiple products portal. Very easy to configure and set up. All-in-one Support Platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, but I would as well mention the ticket summary. As we don't have many overdue tickets or must I say, nothing at all. So I'm thinking it looks unnecessary that there is an Overdue Summary. Unresolved and On Hold are the same, can leave one for them as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This platform is a great way of managing customers, whatever your business may be. From Social Platforms, CRM, website and dashboards, you can link and manage them all here.

Customer issues, inquiries, call back services, live chat and ticketing. Having a support platform is a very great way to manage inquiries when you have more than a hundred clients.

Freshdesk review by Praveer M.
Praveer M.

"Ultimate support system "

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is the ultimate support system for the organization or a person. it very easy to use. In the Freshdesk anybody can make his/her account easily. It is very easily accessible for anyone and easy to use. This is a kind of support system software for an employer of any company who wants to create an online problem-solving support system

What do you dislike?

There is nothing which is problematic in this software. We can easily generate tickets and easily support customers. Sometimes it is a little bit difficult to answer all tickets in a one day so these tickets will not automatically remove. whenever you will get you can solve them

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend to everyone to use this software.

I am in the education department in the government of Rajasthan. Here, In this, I made an account for providing onsite support to the government teacher regarding their teaching process. They are generating tickets with their classroom practices and from the office, I am regularly supporting the teacher by providing a solution to them.

Freshdesk review by Vito C.
Vito C.

"Simple, understandable and helpful resources."

What do you like best?

With this software, I can easily work together with all my team from across my business to give faster and consecutive answers to our clients. Also, I have the ability to resolve problems faster by cleavage tag into smaller tasks that relative teams can work on in parallel.

What do you dislike?

I don't think that this platform can bring some bad problems or harm to our company. Also, all work with install and use are fast and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software allows quicker cooperate with your team and will help you deliver enterprise client support. You will be able to coordinate much better and avoid extra strategic overhead. You will make all support dialogue, be it email or social onto a single stage and control every client interaction seamlessly.

This platform helps us to control clients experience. With a faster overview of the reports page, we can understand how the support team is working. We can bring in extra help when needed using day passage and control shifts better.

Freshdesk review by Armando  R.
Armando R.

"Freshdesk is Everything you need to deliver exceptional customer support""

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is help desk on cloud , it is simple to use, set up and ready to work with a few configuration , even though is an intuitive tool has a complete on line documentation also with a efficient support team .

Dashwork with your real time information about what happen in your helpdesk , many productivity reports.

It is a multichannel plataform with Email ,Portal telephone, chat ,witget and social media channels such as Twitter and Facebook to rise your requerements.

Also have many integration with other aplicatios as Agent Productivity ,Bot CRM,E-Commerce

Email Marketing File Sharing & Collaboration,Google Apps, Time Tracking & Billing

Video, Telephony & SMS

It is Multilanguage and also has mobile app for agents IOS and androide.

Freshdesk has different suscription plan from free to complete suite , it is a pay-as-you-go service and you can upgrade, downgrade or cancel at any time.

In addition it is a secure application with Information Security Compliance Certifications.(TRUSTe General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).SOC2 type II) their data center are complient with ISO 27001, SSAE-16 y HIPAA.

What do you dislike?

Well to be honest i would like more social media integration such as instagrant whattapp, telegram.

Freshwork must include services order either digital or printed on paper in Freshdesk

generate more costumer reports

Freshdesk must be complaint with HIPPA (they are working we hapes will be next year) )

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though is intuitive Software and simple to use you must use the Freshdesk trail and enrole in Freshdesk academy , with this tool your coul impreve your skill in Freshdesk Feature

We focus on improve our costumer attention and automatization to assignes ticket to different department

Freshdesk review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Freshdesk - Customer Support Portal"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is neat, tidy and intuitive. The recently introduced "Mint" interface brings Freshdesk into the modern era and provides all the necessary information right at your fingertips.

Add to this the technical support, whether it's via their own ticket system or the instant chat - questions are answered speedily and comprehensively.

I also like their method of asking admins if they would like to trial new features, such as the recent customisable dashboards. There are some features still missing but it's a step in the right direction for Freshdesk and nice to be part of the trialing process.

What do you dislike?

Some features from other help desks are missing such as the ability to have multiple portals under one account. I've been told that this is possible but it seems difficult to implement.

They have a method of submitting feature requests but these seem to just sit on their support portal with little feedback which can be a bit frustrating.

Having done some portal customisation I have found the online resources for coding changes to be lacking somewhat which meant I had to contact Freshdesk support regularly to find which attributes to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their new Freshworks suite has everything you could need to perform your help desk duties.

Our IT Support team uses Freshdesk to log tickets for user issues. This allows us to organise, track and propose solutions whilst keeping a trail of information that can be easily turned into solutions for our knowledgebase.

Our latest challenge is to update our solutions on the site. This will enable users to perform self-service support and to help rectify more simple issues themselves. Once we have enough solutio articles on the site we will also be able to see how well the new automated agent works!

Freshdesk review by Gary P.
Gary P.

"Great for a mid-sized company"

What do you like best?

We use Freshdesk every day to track issues as well as enhancements. I love that we can set up as many customers or clients and only have to pay for the agents that use the system. I love that I don’t lose track of anything that people are requesting of me. I really like the customer self-service portal.

What do you dislike?

There is a little bit of a learning curve but it’s actually not too bad when you compare it to some of the other ticketing systems. I wish there was a way to send Surveys to other agents. Right now it’s set that you can only get survey results from customers or clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s ease of set up is really great. Sometimes the ticket flow can be a little bit complicated depending on your needs.

We want to make sure that our IT department is giving good customer service to those whom we support. The only way to do this is to track our requests, and then track our response to those requests.

Freshdesk review by Christine M.
Christine M.

"Freshdesk user review"

What do you like best?

I love the live chat and how you can see if your customers are visiting your site. You can as well initiate the chat for customers that are online when there is an urgent matter that you need to communicate with them.

What do you dislike?

The Ticket Summary on the Dashboard page. I think it should be shown as Open, Waiting on Customer, Due Today, Pending and Overdue. Since we don't usually get to have a ticket to be overdue. As much as possible, we attend to open tickets and resolve them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to make use of its features more and you'll get to love it as much as I do. I have continually recommend this platform to my friends so they can experience the ease in a support platform. I must say it has been very helpful and I am thankful that we are using it since the business has started. Our customers love our support and they are happily giving feedback whenever they have the chance to. So, we are very much delighted with the outcome of our work.

Customer Issues on their network, SIMcard orders, trouble shooting, promotions and other marketing leads, follow ups, etc. Benefits would be that I am able to communicate easily with customers through chat, email, ticketing system, notes and calls. Communication is very important and I am happy that Freshdesk provides it very well.

Freshdesk review by Jonathon L.
Jonathon L.
View Original

"Comprehensive support software"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to use at the basic level, for the normal email support it is straightforward and simple. Includes phone, chat, and social media management all in the same place. If you want to know what Freshdesk is like, use Helpscout. Then, remove the best parts of Helpscout and the reports, add about 6 tons of bloat and nonsense. Suddenly, you're using Freshdesk.

What do you dislike?

Updating this for the new Freshdesk rework. It looks better, I'll give them that. The old version looked like garbage. It's still bloated, and there were numerous bugs and missing elements on the new version. And the reports are still the same. I can only assume their thought process when designing reports was to make them available, but limit their usefulness as much as possible. For example, the CSAT reports are maybe 25% of the way to being useful. The only info you'll get from your help centre are silly thumbs up/down. Want to know what the person searched for and couldn't find? Tough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They do have a comprehensive set of features that let you offer support across multiple channels I would make sure that you understand the features beforehand and trial the software thoroughly, to make sure you need it, otherwise a simpler solution might be a better fit.

We use Freshdesk for email support, social media support, and will soon be adding the phone channel. It lets us respond quickly, it has decent reporting capabilities to let us track our support trends, and lets me add the necessary information to document our support tickets effectively.

Freshdesk review by Ted F.
Ted F.

"Hands down the best help desk with stellar customer care!"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is extremely customizable. Its menus and layouts make it very easy to make changes to your help desk within minutes, perhaps even seconds. If you are stuck and need help customizing, the Freshdesk team works extremely hard to help you achieve your goals.

What do you dislike?

This is difficult because I have never had a negative experience with Freshdesk. But, the only thing I am not fond of is the pricing. It can be a little pricey, but it is certainly more affordable than Zendesk, and you certainly get many, many features. Otherwise, there isn't anything to dislike about Freshdesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk customer care is great to work with. They go above and beyond to make sure you're getting the most out of your Freshdesk solution.

We are using Freshdesk to manage our IT service/support requests. It helps us organize all tickets and prioritize them as appropriate. We use the knowledge base module on it to ensure our end-users have some tech learning resources.

Freshdesk review by Ragvan R.
Ragvan R.

"Best quality support which I have ever received !!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about this software is it's working quality. You will not get stressed even if you have a long time doing the customer support.

Also a hassle free platform which can be easily accessible anywhere either on laptop, phone, tablet or any smart deVice.

Also the support team helps you deploy your plan and they also work with you to provide the best ever experience.

You won't regret if you choose this helpdesk and believe me it's awesome.

What do you dislike?

Dislikes are almost nothing. But if you want to have a quality help desk you must purchase the plan.

For better quality fresh desk should give little renewal discount to forever customers.

With fresh desk we handle our customers.er support centre. They feel very best with this kind of hassle free support.

Benefits are to be said on 10 page papers. But let me give just a single line.

THE BEST QUALITY IN EVERYTHING IS THE BEST WAY TO SUCCESS

Freshdesk review by Alexandre D.
Alexandre D.

"Great user tinferace and ease of use"

What do you like best?

The platform allows you to very easily and efficiently program automated scripts/tasks in order to sort out dynamically, efficiently and rapidly all your tickets.

What do you dislike?

The filtering system, although very wide, does nto let me filter by subject. The platform offers a high level of customisation but we had to create/bend the system a bit in order to fully create a dynamic sorting automatisation that could be bypassed by having a sorting filtering system for ticket subjects

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is a nice platform thet enabled us to boost our ticketing service. But as time went by, we felt the lack of live chat so we decided to look elsewhere (ZenDesk, HappyFox, TeamSupport, etc) and see if other products proposed more and better service. In the end, we stayed on Freshdesk since they proposed the best service we have seen and tested as well as all the features we desired (live chat for instance)

Be able to monitor client tickets as well as monitor platform generated notifications for monitoring purposes

Freshdesk review by Juan Pablo P.
Juan Pablo P.

"Excelente, muy facil"

What do you like best?

la manera tan facil que fue aprovisionar la plataforma a mi necesidad y la integración con Azure Active Directory así pude despligar a mis usuarios una solución aun mucho más sencilla par autenticarse en la plataforma. La velocidad juega un papel muy importante, genera mucho valor para nuestros usuarios. Tambien la gran posibilidad de la integración con otras herramientas (en nuestro caso el mundo de Microsoft). y por ultimo considero que lo que más me ha gustado ha sido que los usuarios puedan enviar su requerimiento desde el mismo correo electronico, evitando así tenerles que enseñar una nueva plataforma, capapacitación, soporte y despliegue... Esto logra qué, un porcentaje muy alto de usuarios, aún los VIP de la organización puedan elevar un requerimiento al área de tecnologia sin tener que recurir a otros medios que se salen del punto unico de contacto con nosotros. En conclusión toda la experiencia que han invertido en esta herramienta es para una organización como nosotros, estrategica, valorada, agradable y defendida para seguirla implementando y creciendo en ella. Aun se nos abre la oportunidad de implementar esta herramienta para otras áreas que son de TI, sino otras área de apoyo para la organización.

What do you dislike?

hasta la fecha no tengo ningun tipo de queja o disgusto con la herramienta. todo ha sido una buena experiencia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Evaluar que la estrategia nantural de Freshdesk Helpdesk cumpla con la estratégia del área de Tecnologia. ya que puede ser desmotivante armar todo un escenario o casi que adecuar toda esta gran herrameinta, lo que involucra tiempo y esfuerzo de tu equipo de trabajo y la organización, usuarios o lideres no la adopten, no la tomen.

El unico punto de contacto para mis usuarios, manejo desde mi dispositivo celular, integración con la API a mi Teams de Microsoft.

Freshdesk review by Andrew K.
Andrew K.

"Best IT Software Ever!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy and simple the software is to set up. It is also very very simple to create tickets & track progress as well as sending messages directly through the web based console.

What do you dislike?

At some points the software can glitch out and assign a case to more than one agent in the IT department, resulting in some down time as well as confusion with staff members on who to call/talk to when referring to their IT case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all your features you need and consider that fact that with all it's features may be overkill if you have a very small business.

Problems: Staff Downtime, User & Asset Management, Allocation of IT Materials

Benefits: Tracking of average time to complete cases of different types and being able to remotely troubleshoot problems due to the fact that staff can upload screenshots wit their ticket to expedite the process

Freshdesk review by Sandee J.
Sandee J.

"Great Support Desk Software for Web Design / Development Shops"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is a great support system solution for small business owners, including web designers and developers. Their next generation redesign, called MINT, is beautifully designed and easy to use. Beyond that, their documentation is comprehensive and support is kind and helpful when you need to reach out them.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike about the platform yet!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the integration options on Freshdesk -- so many applications to choose from in their Marketplace. This is a great sign of a company with a strong reputation and software stability!

I needed to find a help desk solution that would also allow me to offer my clients a Knowledge Base and support portal. Thankfully, Freshdesk has both with a set up process that was quick and easy. I easily branded the portal to my company, authenticated the DNS records for email stability / credibility, and added categories and articles to the KB. Now, clients can send me support email, and I can respond in a way that allows me to track my history with them via support threads. They can also log in to read support articles and get help with their questions.

Freshdesk review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Great support all round."

What do you like best?

You'd expect the best customer service form a company who creates customer service based software, Freshdeesk deliver just that! I've had to use the support chat a number of times when going through the setup process. That chat works great, I don't think there has been one occasion where there wasn't a chat support agent available immediately. The email/ticket support takes slightly longer but this could have been down to the issues being slightly more complex. Every issue raised so far has been dealt with in an extremely professional manner and has been fully resolved. Notifications and follow up's to the tickets are also sent, which is a handy when you've moved on to something else.

What do you dislike?

Cheap sausages, Wednesdays and when it rains. I dislike this box asking for more than 40 characters. I also dislike vague questions, if the question was What do you dislike about FreshDesk then the answer would have been 'Nothing'.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, while there are other more feature rich solutions out there FreshDesk is quick and simple to use.

Customer service issues, collaboration. Our team used to work independently on various systems, including plain email clients like Microsoft outlook. This has enabled us to work together on one platform to avoid duplicate content. We are extremely pleased so far and hope that this continues as we learn more about the system and how we can utilize it's benefits most efficiently.

Freshdesk review by Leigh M.
Leigh M.

"Awesome Service"

What do you like best?

The Freshdesk web interface is such a smooth experience. Since switching over to Freshdesk during our initial trial, we have now added all our support emails into it and our support team is able to track and mange all our support requests without problems.

It makes management of tickets a breeze and helps with the flow in our company.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the iOS version of the app doesnt let us know when new tickets arrive in the system. We have to manually open the app to see new tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a ticketing system, Freshdesk is definitely the one to go for. The ease of answering tickets once set up is simply amazing. Their customer support is tops, with the support agents diligently getting to the bottom of your query. What I like about Freshdesk is their iOS app which allows my support team to be on the move, but still attend to queries when needed.

Our support flow during our support times has increased as well as our respond time. Clients are being answered to and their problems resolved efficiently and effectively.

Freshdesk review by Eric H.
Eric H.

"Start Fast and Expands As You Grow"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and learn. As you need to adjust you are not locked in to initial decisions. The service is easy to pick up and learn yet still provides plenty of power options that put agents in a position to support the customer.

For management and managers, the reporting features truly keep you in touch with the health of your helpdesk.

Connecting with their support has always resulted in quick and accurate answers.

Their "Team Huddle" feature has really helped connect our remote support teams to their team leader to get resolutions without escalating the ticket.

What do you dislike?

Lack of multi-instance support for large enterprises. As a large enterprise, we have five different instances running in different functional areas (for example customer service and accounts payable). It makes sense for these groups to be on different instances because they don't share workflows but managing them as separate pockets mean we may not be able to realize any organization efficiencies where workflows could overlap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Started with a focus on SMBs and growing into Enterprise. It can be a platform for your support as it connects with numerous apps, you can build your own, and it has a good API.

Customer Support and Engagement. We have been running Freshdesk for three years now to handle our feedback and chat support on our content platform. We reserve chat for administrators and offer the feedback widget for anyone. We also use their Solutions option to offer suggested solutions on the feedback widget. We have seen a significant shift away from using the "E-mail" option for the Feedback Option. This is good as it gives us an opportunity to present the suggested solutions articles.

We have used a Solutions article in conjunction with our marketing team to communicate major updates to the platform. This has had a great impact on making sure support tickets that are raised as a result of this communication can be directed to the proper team instead of just going into the general email ticket queue.

Freshdesk review by Claudius K.
Claudius K.

"Large system, many weak points, almost no individualization possible"

What do you like best?

I really like the nice and modern interface and it's mobile friendly. Freshdesk is easy to use but not so comfortable to set up the system. With Freshdesk you have a good overall view and you can simply assign a agent.

What do you dislike?

We would like to use Freshdesk as an order tracking system. We were promised that this would be possible and much would happen through additional adjustments. But almost no individualization are possible and important features are missing. We always have to somehow fall back on alternative solutions, which could be solved with the simplest programming. It is frustrating that the support rejects any customization request and refers to third-party paid services. We are not willing to continue to invest money for the development of the system. There is definitely room for improvement in development!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usable as a support ticket system, not yet fully developed as an order tracking system.

We have a good overall view about all orders and we can work with more efficient.

Freshdesk review by Gabriela D.
Gabriela D.

"The best ticket system we have used so far!"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk's interphase is clean, user-friendly and visually attractive.

As a helpdesk user/admin, it has been very simple to customize the system to fit our team's needs. Additionally, their customer support is on point, we never have to wait more than a few minutes to get an agent to help us with whatever issue we are trying to solve.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have not found any deal breakers in their system. I love that the correspondence between my agents and our customers feels and looks just like any other email chain we may start using outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I particularly appreciate the support during our trial and onboarding periods. Our sales rep Madhu is always on top of things, ready to answer anything related to technical, billing or functionality questions. They were also quick to help us with custom apps when their out-of-the-box product didn't cover something we were inquiring about.

Help desk analytics are very easily obtainable. The metrics we use to follow our team's performance can be set up in just a few minutes and adjusted as much as we need to without any advanced admin skills needed.

Freshdesk review by Zakaria H.
Zakaria H.

"Best helpdesk software I've used!"

What do you like best?

Very hard to name just one thing that I like best about this software.

It's a very highly customizable helpdesk software. Integration with so many different applications makes it easy to manage different parts of the business in one application. It's so simple to use and set up the way you want. Maybe the best part is their support group, which is excellent. They really care about their customers and you can really see that in their approach.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I dislike about Freshdesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the Freshdesk support about your needs. They will work with you and walk you through every step.

We were able to set up rules to take manual work out of our Accounting group. It saves them so much time that they can utilize to focus on other tasks.

You can set rules where the system emails groups outside of Freshdesk with any information from the ticket. That group or individual would then need to just simply reply to the email and the system will add that information to the ticket. This not only saves time but also money that would be spent on extra agent seats.

Freshdesk review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"Freshdesk Ticketing"

What do you like best?

The look and feel

The ability to carry out customisation

The system automation

The relationship management between tickets

A friendly Freshdesk and responsive support team for when you have issues or requests

What do you dislike?

Some of the basic concepts that you would expect to see such as:

- Ability to create custom team specific dashboards

- Ability to link one customer to another i.e. partner + end customer of partner

- Time taken for the Freshdesk Developers to implement a new feature or piece of functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is fairly easy to configure and full of lots of useful elements that will help manage and resolve your customer contact. If there is a new feature that you need the time taken to implement can be long so just make sure before you buy you carry out a full review to ensure the major components and requirements are in place. Everything else you need can be build and customised

We are moving from a small company to a large company. I am using Freshdesk to help manage this scale, workflow mgmt, SLAs and reporting.

Freshdesk is providing us with a way to scale up and manage our IT demands inline with our ITIL Framework.

Freshdesk review by Trace S.
Trace S.

"Very Pleased with Freshdesk"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is easy to setup and and easy to use. When we've had special needs (and we've had a lot of them), we've been able to easily configure an app or engage with Freshdesk's Customisation Team to build a special app to perform more automated functions. All along, with a team at Freshdesk that is most pleasant to work with.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, but I have to bring up the content management part of Freshdesk does need improvement for what we do in our company. We heavily use the knowledge base as an online help center for our 8 different products and have asked for some improvements to help manage our articles better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With any selection of a product like Freshdesk, make sure you come up with clear requirements of what you must have in a solution. I did this and had 10 must haves. The two products I selected as finalists met all 10 must haves, but when it came down to it, the friendliness and willingness to help me get my solution right was what drove me to Freshdesk (not to mention the cost differential).

Freshdesk was our company's first attempt at customer support of our externally-faced software products. Before this, our IT team handled all support because all support was internal. When we launched into externally-faced software, we had a need to support our customers in a different manner. In addition, all of our help was paper-based and required a release to update content. Freshdesk significantly reduced our frustration over providing help content and now our team can change content on the fly without having to request a release to do so. It's also reduced our employee's frustrations on finding the right help at the right moment of need. We focus highly on our content providing targeted help content in the moment of need and so management of that content was critical in our long term performance support strategy.

Freshdesk review by Akshat P.
Akshat P.

"Coolest and fab design and the most amazing platform to work upon !!"

What do you like best?

Nothing can be compared here. You will get best everything...

Support 100% free and 24/7 ( even better than google )

Platform 100% hassle free

Features 100% free to start and add as and when you need you can upgrade too with affordable prices

Customer happiness 100%

No company provides its free support .. It gives a hand on experience to eacha nd every user and even a tutorial videos and self support protal is also very good ... Go for it you won't regret.

Intercom, drift and all are waste in front of freshdesk as it is the only one providing free plan for new user and its forever NOT JUST TRIAL.

I will not say more but will suggest you to explore on your own Its nothing just amazing !!!!!

What do you dislike?

Common !! Are you still searching for dislikes then let me tell you its zero disliking points

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommed it to eah and every company who need to have customer support helpdesk. Its really cool.

Here at Techno we provide customer support using fresdesk helpdesk software.. Its amazing !

Benefits are many ..but let me tell you its best if you want customers to take self support and then if there is something crucial then only customer will contact you over email. SO no time wasting of agents and customers. At last happiness on both side and smile of satisfaction and yes !! this is the best thing of it.

Freshdesk review by Tirthak P.
Tirthak P.

"Best Experience Ever !!"

What do you like best?

Support - Best support team. Means even if you are not a paid customer and using their services for free then also you will get 24/7 support !!

Platform - Hasselfree platform ! No confusions. Its just like your working table. Whatever you need will be in your eye front.

Services - The one place where you will get everything what you need for your business/organisation helpdesk solution and even more !!

TONS OF THINGS TO TELL !!! but for now one word will be sufficient ! " THE BEST "

What do you dislike?

I love each and everything related to freshdesk ! Dislikes are nothing !!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend it to everyone who are in need of helpdesk type of solutions !! Believe me its amazing !!

I am using freshdesk for my organisation which is working for free education to needy ones.

The best thing I realized is that FRESHDESK has everything what we need and that too in FREE plan. Freshworks offer its every service with a sprout plan which I love the most !

Also I can add unlimited agents in freshdesk. People love to get confirmation that their query has been submitted and also they can easily keep the track of their ticket. !

I would like to prefer freshdesk instead of intercom product. This is the best in terms of support, plans, and much much more things.

Definitely I will use this product for a long term with great happiness. :)

Freshdesk review by Rachid E.
Rachid E.
View Original

"Not only tickets system"

What do you like best?

The possibility to have a multi-guests and teams management in addition to be capable of recording international incoming calls for sales or support queries.

Freshdesk has been an asset for managing tickets with teams not being in the same office nor on the same time zone. You can efficiently track all the different activities and pass on the information from a user to another one or to a group of users. The emails managed then decrease and so the time spend to deal with X emails on a monday morning. Sharing information and data becomes all of sudden easier and seamless.

What do you dislike?

The automation in the emails treatments could sometimes be tricky to manage. A customer sending a ticket could have an automation of "proposed solutions" matching some keywords in the ticket, this awaiting for an agent to pick it up.

We've recently had issues with Freshdesk and after a month it is impossible to have an answer. We are astonished by the poor quality of support provided. Since they provide a support and tickets management system how ironic is that...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is looking after having a good and strong evolution and so their system always tend to listen to customers needs and so improve itself

Instant management of the customers issues with the Chat facility in addition to a good track and reporting in order to maximize the staff efficiency.

An improvement could also be the achievements for the team in order to get a higher recognition of the tasks done and build this in the bonus scheme of the team.

The reports section could underline better the origins of the requesters and tickets in order to have a better understanding of the different locations that could require a better attention.

Freshdesk review by Carlos T.
Carlos T.

"Freshdesk was able to help us create a support system with everything we needed."

What do you like best?

The ticket fields section is easy to manage and update when needed. Overall the support system created for us fit everything we needed. Before we used Zendesk but they didn't allow for as much customization or have an easy way to sort inquiries. When we used Zendesk there were only 4 of us. We are now more than 10 users and without any problems.

What do you dislike?

The search function is sometimes lacking, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I don't know what the issue is but it isn't major. I also don't like that there isn't a way to program actions when someone writes to us from facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're unsure about Freshdesk being the right software, I urge you to ask for a Trial. We thought we had a good software before, it wasn't until our boss used the trial that we realized this is what we needed after all. The proof is in the experience.

All inquiries are reported and automatically assigned to agents from email, this allows us to not miss any opportunities. The notification system has helped us cut losses from missed opportunities.

Freshdesk review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Freshdesk in a small business support environment"

What do you like best?

The Freshdesk user interface is clean and intuitive. It also updates relatively quickly, meaning we don't see many cases where support techs try to grab the same ticket. The feature set provides pretty much everything we need as a small operator. Pricing structure is very reasonable and worth what we pay, although I wouldn't mind seeing some additional features at the lower tiers. The mobile app is so-so. The technical support is excellent (this coming from a support technician).

What do you dislike?

Freshdesk could do with a graphical overhaul. The current upcoming overhaul (Mint) is in beta and definitely feels like it. Fortunately, we were able to switch back to the "classic" experience after running into a number of known bugs. The mobile app is solid, but the layout is a lot less intuitive than the desktop browser version. Not bad per se, but could use improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can say that Freshdesk is an excellent fit for a small business environment. If you need turn-key ticket tracking and wiki options Freshdesk delivers at a reasonable cost.

We support an array of ~40,000 devices located worldwide (primarily located in North America). Freshdesk lets us combine multiple support channels into a single interface, which saves a huge amount of time. We've managed to automate 99% of our ticket generation and we now have access to some valuable metrics on customer volume/distribution that our previous solutions didn't provide. We've also seen some minor benefits from creating our own portal with articles and FAQs for our customer base. The ability to receive and track views and feedback is particularly helpful.

Freshdesk review by Robert G.
Robert G.

"Great flexible helpdesk system"

What do you like best?

Best features are the modern user interface that is very easy to use and the flexibility of the system. The API was a breeze to work with and the Dispatch'r, Supervisor and Observer tools have a lot of power that is easy for even non-tech or low tech users to make use of.

What do you dislike?

There are not many negatives. From a feature aspect, the lack of a contact/company purge (after deletion) is a glaring feature we ran into. You can not have multiple contacts with the same unique identifying information (like email address). To "purge" a contact and reuse the email on another contact, you have to (1) add a second email address to the contact, (2) set the new email address as the defaults, (3) remove the original email address from the contact, (4) then delete the contact you wanted to purge. This deleted contact stays in the trash forever so that leaves a really long list.

Aside from that, the only other issue is cost. It is a great product but the new pricing scheme is much more costly than the 2016 plans. The 2016 plans included more features in the base levels but did not cost terribly per user. They also had the ability to purchase temporary day users for those who access the system once a month etc. That is the current plan we are on. During implementation, they switched their pricing schemes significantly. Now the basic features we use and are very happy with are only included in much more expensive plans. "Upgrading" to those plans will cost us 2-3 times as much as we are paying now. That is an extreme change in price. I do not know what is going to happen when they decide to do away with the 2016 plan we are currently using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the costs fit your budget, I don't think you can find much of a better product. It is a great well-rounded helpdesk product.

We are using Freshdesk for internal support and for external support of our customers. This includes integration with our existing software's ticket portal, providing Freshdesk portal access to our customers, automating internal system reporting, and agent access to the mobile apps.

Freshdesk review by Lance S.
Lance S.

"Our favorite ticketing system"

What do you like best?

I love the keyboard shortcuts, automated macro like actions (Freshdesk calls them "scenarios"), the ease of use, and the overall UI/UX. It's all top notch! Freshdesk is a truly extraordinary product and we've been very happy with it.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike that the mobile app for iOS is so featureless. We've been asking for tags to be a part of that app for awhile. The android app has tags supported. Why not iOS? Same thing for file attachments. The mobile app should support attaching a file to a ticket that isn't just an image. It should support google drive, iCloud drive, or even just the native iOS files app.

We needed a way for customers to reach out to us via email and have it generate a ticket to our customer support agents. We also needed an easy way for the customer support management team to have visibility into our support processes, to track ticket trends, etc. Freshdesk does all of that and more.

Freshdesk review by Emily W.
Emily W.

"The customer service level is decent - people responded quickly with a desire to help out. "

What do you like best?

I like that you can reach freshdesk support 24/7. Normally they will reply promptly, although occasionally there were agents who didn't manage to follow through the whole conversation - in these instances, it's quite annoying as you can't talk to someone else as the agent hasn't closed the window at FD's end.

I like that emails can be converted into a ticket form so agents can work on tickets easily. In addition, I like that there are different functionalities available for admins to monitor the agents' performance.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that tickets are assigned based on the ticket creation date. It should have more flexibilities, like by priority, etc.

For load balanced ticket assignment, if I have two groups and if I set that each agent is only allowed to receive max 1 ticket for both groups, then the agent will receive only 1 ticket assignment from either of the two groups. If I change the configurations, it could happen that each agent receives 2 ticket assignments of one group, but not one from each group. I'd like to see that tickets can be assigned to agents equally for each group.

In live chat with the Freshdesk agents, sometimes it takes a bit of the communication before the agents could understand the queires.

The difficult / troublesome thing of using Freshdesk is that once you've made a change to the setting, you'd need to think if the action would have any consequences to your other rules. Sometimes when you're not aware of an existing rule / change something without realising its impact, rules won't work and it would have affected agents' (on our end's) efficiency.

Also, I dislike the occasional bugs in Freshdesk. Someimes we are sure that we have saved changes, they didn't get saved and are reverted back to the original setting. I would hope the IT dev could be better at FD's end.

Customer services and support. We benefit from that we are able to monitor agents' performance easier, as well as the flexibility of communicating with customers. We are looking into creating FD FAQs to make our pages look more attractive.

Freshdesk review by Ann L.
Ann L.

"Simple Straight Forward Support Software"

What do you like best?

I like the UI. It's easy to navigate, not to mention their API integreation with Pivotal option. It makes my job as support so much easier to turn a trouble ticket over to development in just a few simple clicks.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that I could add existing Pivotal stories to user tickets under Pivotal Tracker (instead of dropping a private note with a link). Sometimes we have multiple tickets with the same problem and have one story, but the only option is to create a new story.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommending trying it out to see if it works for youur buisness.

Customer support issues. They can either create a ticket through a link or email our support address directly to create a new ticket. It's easy to follow the history of a ticket or user and look at common problems with tag features.

Freshdesk review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Intuitive work order system with great support"

What do you like best?

There are tons of different things that some people would need and others wouldn't in organizing customer work orders and issues. Freshdesk makes the obvious things extremely easy and has been relentless in trying to improve the tool to gear toward the things we might feel we need. They have always been immediately available to suggest workarounds or common practices in order to help us solve problems.

What do you dislike?

Freshdesk is obviously a little younger than a lot of software out there. While the tool is always getting better, there are some things I would like to be a little more customizable (i.e. automated processes for categorizing tickets).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is definitely a major competitor in its category. We chose Freshdesk the cost of other major competitors didn't necessarily add a benefit or was much bulkier and less user-friendly. While you should do your research and make sure it will cover your "must haves", its done that and more for us.

We deal with the customers and operators of multiple clients. With Freshdesk we're able to provide a professional and intuitive interface for those needing assistance, while at the same time organizing and tracking the issues by the categories we see fit.

Freshdesk review by Sasha N.
Sasha N.

"Great support and ticketing software, user friendly and easy, quick onboarding process"

What do you like best?

User friendly, easy to get started, my self and three agents were up and running in 3 -5 days. I love the integrations between SalesForce, JIRA, Slack etc-- everything all in once place. I love that you can send a survey out after each response back from an agent for some live scores that indicate if a customer received the right level of help. Tagging tickets with keywords so that you can run reporting on trends...

What do you dislike?

Wish we had an account manager, more proactive and someone who could send us resources, offer more trainings and just generally be more actively available. Also, we have 5 active users in the software, so some guidance on how to properly interact based on our use-case-- how to create the proper language, when to close a ticket, how to customize our portal, etc I've had to reach out to support for all of my questions, no one reaches out to me to offer advice and service. I told each person multiple times about our business, but they kept asking and i had to remind them a few times, but if someone took notes, then they could suggest better usage of their software to my team.

Avenue for support requests is now available, reporting benefits, understanding customer inquiry patterns

Freshdesk review by Aaron C.
Aaron C.

"Well thought out, very flexible and advanced Customer Support solution"

What do you like best?

- One of the best Customer Support teams I have worked with in 15 years. (Responsive, Knowledgeable, Courteous and always looking to give you the best solutions / options available)

- Custom CSS and design capability

- API integration (v2)

- The Observer / Dispatch'r automation options

- Automatic Email forwarding and ticket creation capabilities

- Field level customization capability

- Access Management Control (ACM)

- Side by Side Customer/Agent Portals

- Support Channels (FB/Twitter/LiveChat/Email/Phone/MobileHelp/Website...)

- SSO Security option

- Solutions Wiki for existing processess

- Web hooks to your existing application Backend services

What do you dislike?

1) Contacts need to be verified

In our situation we only allow verified customers to use our services.

It would have been nice to allow us to add Verified contacts directly.

2) The Contacts lookup API doesn't return back contacts who are registered as agents.

Example Use Case:

1) You can also use our services even if you are an employee and so when automating the creation of support tickets, the contacts lookup api wouldn't return a contact associated to an agents email address.

And hence when trying to add a contact via the api, it would fail. (email already in use)

We had to add an additional lookup call to lookup an agent and use the agents-> contact information in the tickets "requester_id" field.

This not only adds complexity but also counts towards towards the per hour rate limit for your api.

3) Rate Limiting:

Rate limiting should be only a rolling interval rather than fixed pre-defined intervals.

There should be provisions to send out notifications to a particular email/group when rate limits are within warning thresholds.

For example: For a particular plan if the rate limit is 1000 per internal, then they should be an option to configure a warning threshold.

Additionally there should be an option to perform certain actions when the limit is breached.

For example: Be billed for every additional x requests upto a max of y requests above the limit.

4) Limited examples:

The C# examples are limited

4.1 No examples were available using the Form Post technique to CreateATicketWithAttachments and also with CustomFields

4.2 No examples the Update (PUT) with "Custom Fields"

4.3 No examples when using a JSON request format to create a Ticket with attachments.

4.4 The examples assume that the attachments are available on the Clients end machine. (File attachment)

It doesn't account for the fact that the attachments could be retrieved from a data store and hence only the file bytes may be available.

5. No Sandbox / Test environment as of today. I know its being actively developed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product.

Take some understand the various options carefully because this product is very flexible and can certainly help with productivity and reduce customer management / support costs.

Its a very well though out and comprehensive solution that is well worth the money.

Give our customers a much better experience when they try to reach out to us for help,

Reduce the turn around time for support requests

Have a variety of options for our customers to be able to reach out to us

Freshdesk has already helped us improve our overall productivity and increase our efficiency of Customer Support.

Freshdesk review by Harpreet B.
Harpreet B.

"Easy to use and have really good features"

What do you like best?

1) UI of the new freshdesk is really user friendly and has a light and fresh look

2) The customizable automation

3) Really responsive support team

What do you dislike?

Technical team took a lot of time to resolve the issues of Reply Editor on the New Freshdesk and never heard back from the Freshdesk Support team thus don't know if it is working fine or not thus using the Old UI of FD.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and easy to use. Provides multiple ways to raise tickets. Allows you to customize to reflect your brand. Freshdesk is fairly easy to configure and full of useful customizable features and automation that will help manage and save time to assist your customers

Communication is the key to solve problems. Thus conversing on different tickets, merging and quoting tickets, adding watchers on ticket are some really helpful features which are generally lack in general emails boxes. Thus as we are growing and our customer base is growing, this is the best tool for managing all the conversations with customers.

Freshdesk review by Mark G.
Mark G.

"Won't look back"

What do you like best?

We are an ISV that switched from using Spiceworks to Freshdesk. It couldn't have been any easier to get setup. The interface is very intuitive and for anything else, the guides are in depth and provide enough detail without having to contact support.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if you could pick and choose features and come up with a custom plan. The Blossom plan had 95% of what we needed, and we wanted a couple features from the Estate plan. Freshdesk was very good about working with us on a price that we all could agree on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. The 30 day trial was fully featured and within a couple days we knew it would provide substantially more value than our existing system.

Track and organize support tickets from our numerous customers. Detailed reporting so we can see what requests/customers are taking up the most of our agents time.

Freshdesk review by Ralph d.
Ralph d.

"Single Platform for all Support Queries"

What do you like best?

Does a great job of assisting with the consolidation of support tickets from multiple sources to a single source. The core UI for logging and responding to tickets has been drastically improved in the last few months. Ample features on the free plan are really appealing, especially for startups and small & medium enterprises.

What do you dislike?

While the UI of the core ticketing system in easy to use, that of the admin panel and other configurations is certainly more complex and has a steep learning curve. The pricing is a bit prohibitive (especially for early-stage companies) if one opts for a paid plan as it operates on a per agent per month pricing model.

Text formatting of auto-reply emails is fixed and looks quite pedestrian.

Consolidating support tickets from multiple sources into a single source with basic analytics across clients was the need of the hour. This was achieved after configuring Freshdesk to our satisfaction.

Freshdesk review by Pedro S.
Pedro S.

"Connect with your customers in the fastest way!"

What do you like best?

FreshDesk allows you to connect with the customers through many channels as email, chat, social network (twitter, facebook) as well as track the ticket management until resolution, even providing knowledge data base and reports capabilities. FreshDesk also has SLA's management in order to have a better control of the attention time when is escalated a ticket. Another of the features that I really like is the integration with your own website as you can make your customers be able to open tickets from your own web page. One of best features is the access as an agent to you main board using the mobile apps available for Android or Apple, so you can access from anywhere and have control of your tickets.

What do you dislike?

The reporting in the Sprout plan is very limited as well as some security options like the helpdesk restriction.

The communication with the external customers is one of the issues that have been solved with FreshDesk as we have other comm channels and the information is automatically converted into a ticket which is traceable and manageable. The customers also have access to a wide knowledge base where they can consult and solve most of the issues they were contacting to our contact center before.

Freshdesk review by Gilles H.
Gilles H.

"We can breath again"

What do you like best?

This is so easy to use. There is a lot of functionnality, like the chat, the survey, the eamailing... We can also have the phone directly connected to Freshdesk and it create a ticket automaticly, really good for the stat. Also there is a lot of application (addon) that you can put in to improve your performance and make it more comfortable. For us we needed to keep to work with Cisco for the phone, and we can implement this solution to have a tiket created automaticly when an agent answer. So we can have some real statistics.

What do you dislike?

Maybe we can say that the reporting section is a little bit light and we can't ask everything we need to be really performant. But, if you need the basics, this is ok.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can try it for one month like you have paid for every section of subsciption. So try every fonctinalities you will be very surprised.

We can check every single ticket, we our old CRM, agent had the possibility to not create a ticket, now they have no choice. The ticket is created and when they close it, a survey is directly send to the customers. So we can track every problem with our agent.

Freshdesk review by Caroll Lee S.
Caroll Lee S.

"Good Support system"

What do you like best?

It's very intuitive and easy to use. You can customize and have different portals to target different clients and manages all in one place, also it support different languages. Have great integrations, like Jira, so you can work with different departments and track the status of the issues reported by different clients.

What do you dislike?

The report section needs to be more robust. Right now, it gives you just predefine fields. I would like to create my own reports with the data in the system.

The mobile app doesn't allow you to manage the live chat, only the help desk tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. However, if you need an amazing "Live Chat" system that allows you to manage your incoming chats for different devices, like mobile, maybe this won't be the right fit for your business.

We were trying to find a support system that allows us to manage tickets, chats and different self-service portals. Freshdesk had all the features we need it for a great price. Also, we need it a system that allows different integrations with other systems like SalesForces, Jira, Zap, etc and this system has decent plugging for that. Since we need it different types of portals (different branding) for different types of customers FReshdesk was a great option.

Freshdesk review by Deborah V.
Deborah V.

"FreshDesk is easy to use and customize. Better than ZenDesk."

What do you like best?

My MOST favorite feature is pasting images into the ticket notes. You don't have to upload them separately. You can type around them. You can resize them. It makes the "conversation" flow much more easily.

My second favorite feature is the customization. You can customize the data fields you collect and display on each ticket. You can also customize and define your own work flows.

What do you dislike?

If I have to think of something I dislike, I have to dig deep...

There are two tiny things that have frustrated me:

1. Customers with more than one phone number, or email address. Or sometimes a customer with more than one contact person involved with this ticket.

2. I can't always find a ticket I'm searching for. I wish that it would give more search points if a ticket has a certain TAG.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I was researching helpdesk software, I looked at both FreshDesk and ZenDesk.

FreshDesk was more configurable and easier to use, AND less expensive.

I also found their customer service to be very helpful.

1. I'm working on a mobile app startup, and within minutes I had my knowledge base & support site set up. It's GREAT!!

2. I also use it for software issue tracking. FreshDesk helps me track, prioritize and fix my bugs.

3. If my app gets an unrecoverable error, it sends an email to FreshDesk. FreshDesk then notifies me immediately. This helps insure that I deliver an excellent customer experience, even in the bad times.

Freshdesk review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"This Is Where a Title for My Review Would Go, If I Had An Idea For a Title"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is easy to train employees on. Navigation is intuitive and the level of customization to match our offerings was easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

It's a picky thing to dislike, but the fact that the Contacts uses a single name field is a bit limiting. I'd prefer the ability to mark first name and last name (even if those aren't globally used values) just to speed up and improve the auto-response addressing of emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Many organizations end up considering tech support solutions just because they're already using a platform for other purposes. For example, we were asked if we could implement something using Salesforce. Luckily, we were given the freedom to choose a platform that worked best for our team.

Our tech support team is small, but globally distributed. Sharing an inbox lead to a lot of confusion over who was responsible for what, but Freshdesk allows us to assign tickets clearly, share a knowledge base and has lead to improvements in our support offerings now that we have a customer support center & chat widget available.

Freshdesk review by Mateusz Z.
Mateusz Z.

"Simple and light, yet powerful. Thanks to this help desk we increased performance by 240%!"

What do you like best?

Knowledge base and ability to create auto response based on articles written there. It is helping us a lot. We just upload all user manuals and tutorials there. Now almost 50% of customers just find answers on their own.

It is easy to create ticket form and send specific ticket to specialized agent.

Build in forum can be also used for support or just like internal discussion group.

Build in achievement "game" is just perfect -when technical engineer answers questions they receive points and special badges. It's fun and make them work faster.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to create different pages with different ticket forms. You have to edit page code. Maybe its not a problem for website designers when and when you know java, but it should be easier for less advanced users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for a month - you will never switch back to standard ticketing systems.

More ticked answered, faster response and knowledge portal - thanks to this we increased sales, overall happiness of customers and improved product that we sell.

Also, we hade to deal with support that was provided to our customer customers (we are manufacturer, we sell to distributor and he is selling to end user). Usually when they bought product, they was unable to revive proper support. Now we can monitor quality and response time of our partners and our internal tech team.

Freshdesk review by Eric E.
Eric E.

"Affordable customer service ticketing"

What do you like best?

In a price-per-feature evaluation, Freshdesk is great. It gets the bare basics out of the way and has a variety of customization options. We moved from an home-made internal-only ticketing system to Freshdesk and we really appreciate the recordkeeping of client communication and being able to look at all our teams stand in a glance.

What do you dislike?

Very poor support of customers that don't have an email address, or mixed corporate customers where initial contacts may not have an email address, but their supervisors that need to watch the ticket do. Have to rely on a separate system for internal project tracking/planning. On lower-tier plans (or maybe all plans?) unable to do customer-centric reporting (such as ranking customers by complaints) or considering external stats for reporting (such as comparing number of calls logged in phone system for a client against the number of complaints or errors generated for that client). But then again, the price other systems charge (IF they offer those things) is often far too much for the benefit provided.

Collecting, tracking and responding to client complaints for a 3rd party call center. Ensuring prompt responses and tracking performance and errors over a long period of time.

Freshdesk review by Ferhat R.
Ferhat R.

"A very supportive team behind Freshdesk"

What do you like best?

We've only been using Freshdesk for a few months now. Though the support we have received on problems and questions has been really good. Both on our Trial, where we didn't pay and on our payed license.

I like that we always have the same person helping us in case we need assistance.

What do you dislike?

So far we haven't stumbled upon anything to dislike yet.

Though it would be nice to have special prizes for organisations such as ours which has limited funds. We are an organization located in Belgium that helps people in need. It spans a great number of topics, such as helping people that need housing; people that are in need of someone to talk to etc.

We are unfortunatly not a registered NGO... so we couldn't apply for the special prizes. They did try to come halfway with a small discount however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your needs you'll have the option to choose the correct payment plan. We're currently going with the Blossom plan which meets most (nearly all) of our requirements.

The price isn't bad at all. Though like mentioned in my revieuw, it would be helpfull if they made it easier for organisations such as myself to have a different price. Regardless of being a registered NGO.

If we could we would love to go on a higher payment plan. Though for us the price for the Estate plan for example is just too expensive.

We use Freshdesk for our own ICT department. To help our employees within our organisation with all IT related questions and problems.

The use of Freshdesk made it possible for us to work efficiently and with more structure. I could say it made our work a little bit easier.

Freshdesk review by Damien v.
Damien v.

"Professional and affordable customer service tool"

What do you like best?

Free sprout subscription that enables us as a non-profit to use this professional customer support tool as well

We also appreciate that Freshchat automatically adds e-mails to existing tickets without us requesting the customer to make sure not to remove the unique reference from the subject line. We have tried another customer support ticketing system too and we did not like the fact that once a reference was removed, a new ticket was created. Freshdesk makes it much easier to follow up on tickets.

What do you dislike?

For the moment I can't think of any disadvantage

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their free trial period to test several options, then review what you really need and make a decision on the subscription plan based on what you need.

We use Freshdesk to engage with our customers. They can reach us for both sales and support. As we use it together with Freshchat it is also very easy to convert a lead on the chat into a Freshdesk support ticket.

Freshdesk review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"Great product but needs some work"

What do you like best?

The ticketing function is great. Its easy to file tickets and interact with customers. Its also really easy for clients to view their tickets online. Just be aware that the product is really good for companies that have simple interactions. It becomes cumbersome with interactions like we have that often last longer. The Knowledgebase and Forums also have good functionality.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint is reporting. There should be an intelligent reporting engine like other comparable systems have. There is no reporting on the knowledgebase, AT ALL. You can see how many views a solution has but you can't report on that information. You also cannot report on forums or easily see who is subscribed to one. As for the ticket reporting, the filters are lacking. I end up having to export the data that I can get and do my reports in Tableau.

Another area that is sorely lacking is Customer management. The SF integration needs to be improved so that you only integrate actual customers and not every org in the system. Once all the orgs are in FreshDesk, we need to be able to search on them and do global updates. There should also be a duplicate search/merge function. All of these things are making me consider switching products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful if you have longer involved ticket interactions.

Providing customers with an easy way to contact us and interact with us on new and existing tickets.

Freshdesk review by Lucas G.
Lucas G.

"Fast and reliable support"

What do you like best?

The FD-supporters help to identify the problem directly, precisely and fast + they don't refer to long FAQ entries. Most of the FD-supporters work very closely together and quick inquiries to several persons are therefore simply possible.

The instant chat on the support page took some getting used to at the beginning but after a while it becomes very pleasant on the part of the answering speed.

Other tools have taught us how complicated user interfaces and admin interfaces can look like, but Freshdesk has made it much easier and more intuitive. >> very simple to use and administer.

What do you dislike?

Multilanguage support would be nice, especially for my colleagues who prefer to talk in German.

We don't really like the fact, that you can't attach larger files (over 15mb) to the knwoledge-base and tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better API Documentation

We use Freshdesk on our official support page for our customers. During daily use we mainly receive e-mails, which are then processed with Freshdesk by our support-employees.

Our customers and the support staff are very enthusiastic about the tool and its pleasant operation.

In addition, we find the setting options and event triggers for the tickets really powerful.

Freshdesk review by Matthew L.
Matthew L.

"Amazing product, but still improving."

What do you like best?

The Ticketing Feature.

We can share tickets across the company, and provide a lot of info to our customer efficiently.

What do you dislike?

The inability to customize particular areas of the site.

My company works in the Education software field, and it would be nice to have the ability to rename particular area, such as "Company."

We would also like the ability to customize the Dashboard with our analitics. It would give us the ability to make freshdesk a "One stop shop" for our IT department.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want before jumping in. Freshdesk offers a lot of content and services, and you can lose focus on what you want. Ensure that you have an excellent foundation before you expand into the apps.

If you are looking to create a customer portal, know what you want to be added. CSS is near unlimited in what it can do. Take advantage!

We run on a ticket system for our IT support desk. This product gives us the ability to monitor agents as they progress through the system.

It also provides us with the ability to make rules so we can automatically send answers to customers, depending on what they have submitted.

We have eliminated our need for separate programs to run out ticketing and our Support portal. With them both wrapped into one, we can monitor, and keep them updates easily.

Freshdesk review by Niall K.
Niall K.

"Feature-rich applications and unparalleled customer service"

What do you like best?

Everything about FreshDesk is so easy and user-friendly. Implementing FreshDesk made a huge impact on our business. I don’t know how we managed without it.

Setting up the portal is so simple, and the agent portal is very intuitive. Designing basic workflows with Dispatch’r and customising notification e-mails was borderline addictive.

The customer service is like nothing I’ve ever experienced, rapid responses packed with useful information and friendly and helpful staff

What do you dislike?

We trialled this product on the free package and were caught offguard by the inability to whitelist the email notifications. Fortunately we were able to resolve this very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Do it. Do it

The way we use FreshDesk is slightly unorthodox. Our consultants request invoices to be raised by our invoicing team through the ticket system. We get to monitor response times and individual KPIs on our invoicing team and our consultants get the peace of mind of being able to track their ticket progress

Freshdesk review by Marrell S.
Marrell S.

"Great tool, for those looking to support their clients 24x7 via helpdesk. "

What do you like best?

The mobile app is great, I like getting notifications, and being able to assign them easily to users. Also the ability to close tickets, and integrations with tools like trello, and freshdesk Great Tool! The Free subscription Model is great to get your started and familiar with the tool. Also there was an issue with the Mobile App with the new login service, and I spoke with customer support and it was fixed perfectly in less than 24hrs! Great support!

What do you dislike?

Gets a little costly if you need more integrations. Search and filtering out a large amount of tickets can get a little difficult. Also I have clients with multiple emails, if I could merge those clients into the same client, but it continue to accept multiple emails from there.

I can support my clients and track all the valuable information provided from them, as well as find those details later via search in the tool.

Freshdesk review by Lisa L.
Lisa L.

"Move to Freshdesk was the right choice"

What do you like best?

The appearance of the interface. The ease of use. Our customers easily transitioned and have provided positive feedback. The customer portal has added value for us. The solution center, we are now building FAQ's for our customers to access. The ability to quickly export out data.

What do you dislike?

Ability to customize a bit more than what is available. More filter options such as being able to exclude one specific customer for example with a "do not show" function instead of using say tags or rules. We've had some issues with notifications/email responses being delayed. Issues with FD third party email. Miss having an auto refresh, it's not available in the standard view which is the preferred view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. Easy to learn and use. The mobile app is a great tool as well. The Freshdesk support team is quick to address any concerns or issue. Our team members and customers easily adapted to the new software and it was a seamless transition from our old help desk to our new one.

Our customers are able to see all their tickets regardless of who submits, they are managing them more and closing them on their own. Helpdesk activity screen being able to see what is going on at a glance.

Freshdesk review by Guilherme Daniel d.
Guilherme Daniel d.

"Friendly tool and a great support for users"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is an easy and helpful tool to improve management of daily requests at your company. You can make several setups on a simple way.

What do you dislike?

About solutions tool, we should have a more specific report about satisfaction of users. It should present a table with more reads, and also, what are the best and worse articles reviewed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really helps and mainly help center setup is quite easy to understand. Also, UX experience is amazing because inside screens we have video tutorials, but in case you still need help, Freshdesk support team surely will help you on a short time.

The main problem was about lack of communication and also a quickly way to control and Freshdesk is helping us. We have some more personal channels for clients such as WhatsApp and found some difficulties to change clients from there to Freshdesk, but the ones which migrate channels like a lot about e-mail notifications, reporting about issues and these resources. For us, it is really good because we use some indicators of survey quality to bring at weekly meeting.

Freshdesk review by Kenneth L.
Kenneth L.

"Easy to use and good customer service"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk makes it easy to keep track of support tickets and keep the whole team in the loop. There are so many options that I feel like I am just scratching the surface.

What do you dislike?

They have an easy to use interface but I am still waiting to be able to resize images in ticket responses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I am not familiar with a wide variety of support platforms, Freshdesk has been easy to use and fairly self explanatory. We have a variety of support systems feeding information to Freshdesk and have even embedded a support form into our product.

We work to provide support to institutions across the globe. Freshdesk makes it easy for customers to submit requests and for our team to track progress as we seek to resolve problems and answer questions. Using Freshdesk has helped us gather information for knowledge base articles from responses to questions from our customers. It has also helped us from having support requests slip through the cracks.

Freshdesk review by Heather W.
Heather W.

"Useful tool for streamlining tech support"

What do you like best?

FreshDesk has enabled my team to receive real-time updates to open issues with our customers. I really like having a mobile app to stay on top of activity while I'm out of the office.

What do you dislike?

To get the full set of features of FreshDesk, you have to pay more. I guess the old saying is true "you get what you pay for". Even though we don't have the most expensive plan, there is a lot of functionality that is accessible to automate incoming requests for support.

The metrics surrounding tech support were invisible to our management until we implemented FreshDesk. After a year we had adoption by most staff members and we could see the volume of support requests much easier than relying on office emails and time sheets. While we haven't been using the time tracking feature on our tickets, this could be a future phase and even more detailed metrics will come out of using this feature.

Freshdesk review by Snehal M.
Snehal M.

"Feature rich helpdesk software but comes as a price!!!"

What do you like best?

Design, Package offerings & Support. Easy to use and setup. Provides timely customer service. Each time I've contacted support the turnaround time has been impressive.

Freshdesk is very easy to use and customise support desk solution. The interface is simple, the email ticketing system works at all times.

The ability to manage ticket flows by keywords in emails, so certain tickets can be directed to sales or any other appropriate team (for example)

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in freshdesk. I would love though if they would have affordable pricing (for ones not in U.S.). Reports could be better. The native reporting (although slightly improved) is fairly basic. However, once exported, the details can be managed from there, but it is another action.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall, it is very user-friendly. It takes some time and effort to set up but very little effort to maintain. Training agents to use the software is straightforward. The delegation system can be used to keep all incoming mail and requests in line. Other rules can be used to make sure nothing goes unnoticed.

It's a dummy's guide to best customer support.

Solving my client's queries in timely manner. 'Follow up' has not been so easy.

Can measure the KPI's better now. We needed a central location for receiving customer support requests by e-mail and which was accessible by multiple members of our team. Freshdesk has provided that, and it is working well for our business.

Freshdesk review by David W.
David W.

"A modern tool for IT technicians"

What do you like best?

The modern look of this is very clean and professional. We recently received and upgrade from a more dated version of the program and this upgrade made a drastic improvement in terms of looks and feels. The overall functionality of this tool seems to be the same as the old but with a renewed look to freshen up the brand that Freshdesk provides.

What do you dislike?

The closing of tickets sometimes makes you change a required field to something different and then change it back to acknowledge what it is supposed to be. This is only happened a few times so far. Other than the initial change of the upgrade and to find out where everything was once the update was completed took a little bit of time, just because things changed around a little.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is a low maintenance software tool that allows a company to integrate into their business structure and to tailor it to their needs. With this software you can make things require for certain circumstances to ensure consistency.

With Freshdesk, we use this for our ticketing system to prioritize tickets and for our team to be able to handle issues within the company in a timely and professional manner. This ticketing system is designed to route tickets to the correct department within our business so that the wrong department isn't handling tickets for another department. This ensures that they are routed to the correct place so they can be handled in a timely fashion.

Freshdesk review by Joshua R.
Joshua R.

"Excellent service, Excellent product"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of control and the various rules and tools for automating workflows.

The day-pass system is brilliant as it allows us to increase capacity and cover absent agents without paying excessively or playing games with the users on the account.

Support has been extremely fast and clear in their assistance. Integrations have been functional and easily configured.

The system is more robust and straightforward than previous options we've tried, the price is fair for the functionality returned.

Freshdesk support has always been very enthusiastic in helping us, and the Freshworks team as a whole is really pushing the envelope with advanced and compelling features, such as the Freshchat integration that allows me to move chats into the ticket system smoothly.

An important note in the user support field is that it just works, I don't get weird downtimes or unexplained failures to function, customers get their emails, rules trigger as expected, and the knowledge base is clear, robust(gifs work, for example) and easily configurable.

What do you dislike?

The price for custom SSL certs(to use our own url with the site) exceed what we're paying for our primary domain. Since I can't provide my own, I'd have to pay a pretty huge sum for a service that can be had for free nowadays.

I recognize the need to provide incentive to upgrade plans, but the layout of features available at Blossom and Garden are mixed in "scale".

Estate and Forest plans are obviously geared towards huge teams and as a result the features offered aren't compelling to my organization(an smb). Blossom feels good for an SMB and Sprout is good as a trial or for the lone IT guy trying to keep things organized.

However, things like CSS customization and scheduled reports would be great, they're tied up with features that aren't compelling to the SMB. I'd love to see that feature list shuffled a bit so that some of the conveniences aren't out of reach for smaller companies, and the larger organizations that get the high tiers anyway won't even notice.

Either that or let some of the smaller features get added individually.

Recent changes to their chat system has left some gaps in the data that can be moved over, it's soon to be remedied but in the meantime it requires extra work to keep things straight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact their support, they're tenacious and will probably annoy you some with the amount of communications they'll send you, but they'll also answer your questions and introduce you to options and features that aren't well spelled out in their marketing.

Try the product out, the free tier works well so you can spend some time determining if it's worth your time.

We have a growing software product that needs support. We needed a way to organize the information coming in from multiple channels as well as allow IT personnel to provide support to and through our sales team when they get technical questions. Freshdesk is the best tool for this that we've yet seen.

We have a small team and everyone wears a lot of hats, so we needed a system that allows non-technicians to navigate, extract and insert information without spending undue time learning. Freshdesk provides self service and automation tools to let users and sales team members get to IT resources without simply flooding in.

Integrations with our other systems promise to increase the speed and effectiveness of our support system as time goes on.

Freshdesk review by Carlos A.
Carlos A.

"Easy to use, inexpensive, good support"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is just simple to use for both our side and our customers. People submit requests mostly by the usual methods--either e-mail to our support address or by going to our support site, but we can also quickly enter phone calls and e-mails that are sent to individuals. Customers seem to like the system, unlike others we tried in the past. From our perspective, the product is about perfect and does everything we want.

The dashboard is very clear and lets us manage priorities and actions needed.

Support has always been great. Contacts are quick and efficient.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Every time we ask for something it seems like they have the answer for how to get it done. I really have never run into anything I dislike, and their support is always super-helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run the trial, and see if it meets your needs. Realize that there are a lot of setup options that will help automate and streamline things. Those take some effort to refine, but in the long run it makes things smoother and easier.

We needed to be able to stay on top of customer requests as well as build a history of past changes and issues. We've solved two major problems. One was simply just keeping track of what needs to be done, and by whom, when. The other is looking back at past changes/problems to spot patterns, or prove that changes were actually requested when customers say something was done that they didn't authorize.

A "soft" benefit is having all of our FAQ and how-to documents in a location where customers will think to look, and that are shown if the customer enters a related ticket. Surprisingly, people actually do read them mostly and it saves us ticket submissions when they find their own answers.

Freshdesk review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Freshdesk, great ticket system at a fraction of the price of Zendesk!"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk contains almost all of the features of Zendesk but comes with absolutely fantastic sense of humour with loading screens and "lost" page messages.

The inspiring login messages are a great boost to my team in the morning!

The reporting system is clean and easy to use at-a-glance

Support can be a little slower than i'm used to but they respond within 2 hours and have not failed to provide me with the information required.

What do you dislike?

SSO setup is a little more complicated than i would like, but their support team is very helpful with this.

The range of apps are a little small compared to Zendesk but is growing rapidly and contains nearly all the apps i wanted (it is missing complete customisation of hiding ticket fields based on groups) if this was integrated without a separate app installed from their app page this would push fresh desk even higher and make me 100 percent happy with turning down Zendesk

Recommendations to others considering the product

Defiantly consider this over Zendesk, it has almost all the features at a fraction of the cost.

They are very friendly and even extended our trial to let us be sure this product was for us.

Reporting and ease of viewing tickets, whilst giving our clients access to a custom built support guide repository.

The ability to split our departments and see only the tickets that are relevant is fantastic.

Freshdesk review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"nothing to complain about "

What do you like best?

The best feature is when you reply to a ticket, FreshDesk automatically starts with "Hi [FirstName]". It sounds silly but it saves so much time and it's super useful. I also like that when I add a new customer you can just add "full name" and it some how divides it into fname and lname. So that's pretty cool

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way they sort tickets. For some reason I just find the navigation of open and closed tickets to be sorta clunky. also, I setup my notifications to get an email when a ticket is assigned to me and when I click the link in my email, it doesn't open the ticket in freshdesk for some reason so I just copy/paste the ticket id into freshdesk which is also slightly annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

one of the great time savers is that form that looks like an "contact us via email" type form but really it searches the answer to the question the person is asking. This form saves our support team from answer tickets b/c the person can get their own answer.

We are able to track every customer support ticket in one place. We can also see a history of tickets per customer and see how much time they actually take to support etc.

Freshdesk review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Solid Product, Severely Lacking Support"

What do you like best?

Out of the box, FreshDesk is easily setup and implemented in a very short time frame. In just a few hours we had transitioned all of our traditional email support channels over to FreshDesk. The product excels nearly everywhere you'd like it to. Integration into their other suites is a plus, see the "dislike," area.

What do you dislike?

FreshDesk (and the rest of FreshWorks) has absolutely awful sales and technical support departments. I was transferred 4 times during an online chat session, multiple times with no notice. I am presently 1 week deep into a fiasco with SSO implementation which I was told was adequately supported in PRESALES (which it took nearly 3 days just to get a sales rep to follow up to our inquiry), subsequently would take a workaround that they would implement "by tomorrow," 6 days ago. Their cross product integration, the reason we actually chose FW over any other product suite, leaves quite a bit to be desired. Presently it's half baked, at best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize the trial feature. Run through absolutely every portion of implementation that is important to you - don't assume that because you have a positive experience in one area, that you can expect that through out the entire product.

Customer support has been significantly streamlined, allowing individuals to know who is handling which particular inquiries and the subsequent status of them.

Freshdesk review by Iryna S.
Iryna S.

"Overall a great value for money, feature-rich with fast and friendly support team"

What do you like best?

First is value for the money! The interface is very user-friedly, easy to navigate and administer. Love various automatic options such as Dispetcher, Supervisor and Observer. Other great features we find very useful are Email-to-Kbase and customer support portals. Also ability to instantly add day passes for occasional agents.

Freshdesk Support team is very efficient, friendly, helped me as an administrator to set and understand many things. I am very greatful.

What do you dislike?

The fact we cannot edit or remove some default fields from Ticket properties. The fact it's not flexible enough in some situations, like when we need to create a new ticket that is NOT initiated on behalf of 3rd party or customer, but rather agent themselves is a requestor.

The fact there's no option to edit font size in replies and notifications, or set up different font styles..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend as great value for the money!

Freshdesk was set up for our department (not company overall, as we use ticketing systems) to improve customer experience and support processes, as we develop more applications. It gives us an opportunity to serve our internal customers in a more timely manner and provide them with web-based customer support portal for instant solutions.

Freshdesk review by Lauren P.
Lauren P.

"I love this program! It helps me stay on track"

What do you like best?

I'm really bad at getting back to tasks that have been put on hold. Before, trying to manage my client support requests was a nightmare. I'd get involved in something else and forget to come back until the client was irate. Now, I can see every open issue and what needs to be handled. I also like that I have an app on my phone for emergency support. Also, the customer support when we find bugs is amazing. Literally hours to turn around.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really so far. It's been really useful. I guess my only issue is that so many of our tickets end up with the title New Entry: Open a Support Ticket when our users create the tickets. But that might be user error. I haven't investigated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't say enough about how wonderful this product it, and how it has helped me provide better service to our clients and keep on track.

Our clients are happier. They know what's going on and can check our work in progress. And fewer things fall through the cracks when they get overridden in importance with an emergency.

Freshdesk review by Mohamed S.
Mohamed S.

"Convenience and efficiency at it's best !"

What do you like best?

Love the rich features, simplicity and efficiency. We have to deal with 500+ emails every single day and the ability to sort these emails and reply quickly is very important. Freshdesk is by far the best platform for this purpose. Ability to link Facebook pages is an added advantage !

The support staff is excellent. This isn't some shabby organization where we write to support and wait 24 hours (or more) before they write back to us. With Freshdesk, we write to support = Support replies within 1 hour. LOVE THAT !

What do you dislike?

On RARE occasions Freshdesk can be VERY SLOW which is a real pain. We are a SLA oriented business and replying to our customers as soon as they get in touch with us is very important.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can fully recommend this product. I've experienced Freshdesk as a agent and as a administrator. The ease of use and rich features provided by this platform is unparalleled. Anyone considering the switch should do so without any hesitation. You will not be disappointed.

Ability to sort different types of queries and reply quickly has made a good impression on our customers. This is highly beneficial to our organization as it encourages them to use our website and services again.

Freshdesk review by David H.
David H.

"Absolute best customer service"

What do you like best?

The customer service is the best I have ever seen in any product. I was on a help desk myself for 6 years and I considered our help desk one of the best but Freshdesk blows us out of the water. They are highly trained and it usually doesn't take more than a second for them to give you a solution. The longest I've had to wait was maybe 5 minutes. I honestly don't know how they do it.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Some of the admin areas are hard to find due to similar-sounding names but if you poke around a bit you'll find them. You can also try asking one of the chat agents who are on call to guide you where to go. Perhaps a setup wizard would be useful.

Minor gripe but I also noticed they changed the default screen shot display to be a very small picture that pops up with no ability to maximize. It used to default to opening a new tab with the full-sized image which I prefer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Initial setup can be a bit of a chore if you've never used Freshdesk before. If something seems hard to you, waste no time in clicking that little "Help and Support" button and they'll spend as long as you need and answer as many questions as you need in order to get it done. They're also the most positive support team I've come across. There are a hundred little things that indicate this, from their auto-responses to the wording on their site. Very very happy with these guys.

It is a one-stop shop for customer communications. It allowed us to stop relying on individual emails to communicate with our customers and freed us from getting swamped with emails and finding email chains. It also allowed us to track our SLA with our customer due to very robust and custom controls.

We have also used the widget with one of our customers and easily added it to our product for quick Freshdesk ticket creation.

Freshdesk review by Van P.
Van P.

"Affordable and intuitive customer support tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use tool. Have almost every features we need built-in the tool. They also listen to our requests and develop the extra plug-in to meet our needs. The Marketplace offer rich apps integrate with Freshdesk which is also a plus. Oh did I mention about their superb customer service? I am so happy with their knowledgeable and friendly agents who always reply to my tickets quickly with great solution.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of anything I dislike about Freshdesk. It is a question that I have no answer for.

We are a software company so we use Freshdesk to receive, organize, prioritize, assign resources to own support requests from our customer. It helps us to have bird eye views to see big picture as well as details view of each tickets in a couple clicks. Moreover, the built in knowledge base bases on our customer's questions to suggest matching topics which helps them do self service and save us a lot of time.

Freshdesk review by Kristen F.
Kristen F.

"Efficient service and great ticket tracking"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk organizes tickets and resolutions in a way that is easy to keep our customers up to date on how we are resolving their concerns. The customer gets notified in an email of a change to their ticket.

What do you dislike?

It is a little difficult to organize and see common questions and issues that come across. If you have multiple support people looking at all the tickets, you might not catch common requests/issues.

We are a software as a service company, so customers are emailing in with functionality, documentation, and glitches that might be going on. We are keeping track of those with solutions and trying to improve our product and get our help documentation to a point where customers can self-help if they prefer to do it that way. Freshdesk has a way to categorize tickets and to see how many of a type you are getting. We have used this to train our staff to better support as customer requests and questions come in.

Freshdesk review by Parker H.
Parker H.

"Great Help"

What do you like best?

The friendliness of the support team. They were always there to help and had fast responses. When I submitted a request they always had a fast answer which I definitely appreciated a lot. They always treated me like I wasn't a task they had to perform and get paid for. They treated me like a friend. It was hard to give them bad feedback if they couldn't answer a question because I knew that they could. It could be me not giving them enough information sometimes but I just always felt valued. They included screenshots of things (visuals) to help out. Although I occasionally didn't get an answer that helped they were still kind and tried their best to be helpful.

What is awesome is that in one of the plans you have a personal helper that responds to you within a few hours. That is really helpful to be able to use instead of having to open a support ticket. My personal helper was amazing in all the tasks he helped me with.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like when one of my questions was not answered correctly. It was hard not knowing how to do certain things and some things to set up became confusing and hard to do. The Live chat was hard to understand how to set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this! It is super helpful!!

It helps me give support for my company to those that experience bugs while playing our games.

Freshdesk review by Hajra S.
Hajra S.

"Happy to help Clients through Freshdesk portal"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk comes up with advanced feature of customization.

It also make ease for creating and managing the tickets.

SLA management and Response automation is excellent.

Dashboard gives the current status of all responses in addition with graphs structure.

Report generation with customers feedback and responses is great.

User Friendly

Creating Canned responses, articles, templates and other Helpdesk productivity makes more handy for use.

For email support each user get clear idea about their productivity.

What do you dislike?

There is no con's we faced while using Freshdesk, you will face issues or difficulties when Freshdesk new update runs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is profitable and also more reliable instead of other Helpdesk. We recommend you to use once and you will not disappoint from the product.

Average costing for Enterprise, Great product for your organization, You will not disappoint managing as a User or Administrator

Freshdesk review by CJ P.
CJ P.

"The best call center software out there."

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is simple to set up, easy to use and gives you a full view of what is happening in your support center. I have used other products out there and this gives me the best view into what the team is doing, where we need to focus and how we can improve our customer experience.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find something that I don't like. Their team is engaging and helpful and the product is so intuitive that we rarely need help. We had it set up in a few hours and have been able to make the necessary changes to make our team successful using Freshdesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for a trial and see how easy it is to use. The trial is free and you can fully test out the product. We did and with how easy it was to use we signed up immediately.

Freshdesk has given us the ability to dive in and see items that would have potentially fallen through the cracks. Their ability to customize the views and reports has been refreshing and we are running a much leaner operation, while providing a better experience to our customers.

Freshdesk review by ayush d.
ayush d.

"Freshdesk portal review"

What do you like best?

The best thing is the feature that the website already have when some is raising a new ticket the suggested solution appears on the right side of web page.

I think it will be more helpful to the user.

What do you dislike?

In the agent portal homepage when I check the resolved and closed ticket, its color is very light. instead of it, we can use the showing text like Finished To-Do List

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it is a nice working platform to build own support portal. We should try at least one time to get more familiar to the whole system.

We are using it for our internal support. So that we can know how many queries we receive in every month.

what is our success ration for solving new tickets? And most important now we can use to build our knowledge base to our team and user or ticket requester as well

Freshdesk review by Marcelo A.
Marcelo A.

"Really reliable "

What do you like best?

The replies did guide me to the solution, although the problem was solved without any direct influence of the support team. I'd say the problem "solved itself", but I know it might have been just a glitch on Freshdesk-Atlasian connection, or people were working to solving a problem they already knew about. About the support, as I said, their assistance was really good, even it hasn't determined the solution.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They were really thoughtful and made me believe they were going to solve my problem or their best to do so

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool that provides integrations with day-to-day services and programs that we use to keep our products aligned with the users needs and fix bugs we might find on the way to improve our softwares.

They provide a great platform for client support that allow us to manage, control and speed up our client assistance on any level

Freshdesk review by Denise B.
Denise B.

"We Love Freshdesk "

What do you like best?

We love the ease of keeping track of our customers. No customer inquiry goes unanswered because we can even collaborate and discuss the same customer request. There is a helpful dashboard to view active request. The customer satisfaction surveys help motivate the Agents to do their best because they can see customer feedback immediately.

What do you dislike?

The only thing dislike is that more utilities aren't using Freshdesk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using the trial and don't limit yourself. Look for ways of having anyone who helps customers to document and follow-up using Freshdesk.

Our CSR's are reminded to follow up quickly using SLA reminders. They can customize the canned responses to save time replying to the same issues. There is a chat feature. And setup is a breeze. Agents are rewarded with gamification points. Solutions help our Agents build a knowledge base useful for customer self-service. Ticket templates make it easy to collect the required data. The reports and graphs help us streamline our processes and keep proper staff levels on busy days.

Freshdesk review by Ninko R.
Ninko R.

"Intuitive, engaging, reliant, powerful and versatile support engine"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive help and how-to documentation.

Fast and reliable support service provided.

Engaging education courses (webinars etc.)

Customizable and powerful automation.

Transparency and overall usefulness of ticket and report system.

Multi-channel support integrated in the system (widget, email, forum and knowledge base...).

What do you dislike?

Option to restructure articles in Solutions into more than 3 levels of depth (category>folder>article) should be present in all billing plans.

Formatting issues and inconsistencies during creating/editing articles.

Bug fixes and enchantments (i.e. new feature requests) should be implemented more often. New versions should be rolled-out more frequently.

Freshdesk mobile app should handle push notifications (e.g. when ticket is created and the mobile app isn't turned on).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to check out Freshdesk's extensive and detailed documentation.

Through Freshdesk, our customers report application issues that they encounter, which I'm able to handle through the use of Freshdesk's ticketing system.

Since I'm currently the only member to provide direct support, ticket deflection through Solutions section on support platform is immensely helpful.

Requests (from our marketing team) to allow access to our product are passed via Freshdesk, thus making it official channel for handing invitations and permissions for our app product.

Freshdesk review by Gerry K.
Gerry K.

"Freshdesk is everything I needed for a ticketing system"

What do you like best?

The system does everything you would expect from a ticketing system. It's beautifully designed. I love the solutions section which allows me to create articles and help documents that I can refer customers to. The support is also amazing - in some cases, without asking, I received a phone call to help resolve my question or problem. They just released a beautiful new minty theme that is inspiring for some of my own UI designs. Integration is also a snap - to get going right away, I opted to just configure email so that tickets are opened when an email arrives at the support email address. When a customer opens a ticket from within my app, my app captures the text and sends an email to the appropriate address causing a ticket to be opened. I may use the rich API to do this on my newest product.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I don't like. It does exactly what it is supposed to without a hitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a fair-priced full-function helpdesk and ticketing system, you should definitely check out Freshdesk. You can get a help-desk up and running in no time, integrate it with your project with minimal work, and customize its look if you need to.

Public contact page opens a ticket; inter-app "contact" also opens a ticket. Amongst favorite benefits are that I don't miss support tickets or leads and I can easily keep history of what's happened.

Freshdesk review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Amazing product!"

What do you like best?

The UX of the platform is very well designed. Everything is easily accessible and engaging for the users. Reports available are all very useful! The agents picked it up really quickly and we even went live in peak! We're in the process of building up our customer support page which will further enhance our use of Freshdesk.

Scheduled reports are incredibly useful, especially for over the weekend. It also allows you to schedule an export to build your own reports, just in case the ones that are available don't suit your needs.

What do you dislike?

The variances aren't very flexible. Running a a report from Monday to Wednesday for example, compares to the three days before that, rather than the previous Monday to Wednesday. However, I have raised this with Freshdesk and is with any feature request like this, it's fed back into the development team. The product is always evolving and they encourage their users to suggest improvements.

We were using a different solution for every contact channel. We now have everything all in one platform which has improved service levels, customer experience, internal communication and customer satisfaction.

Freshdesk review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Easy to Navigate and Multi Functional"

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is easy to understand and to navigate. My favorite feature is being able to respond to emails while managing a live chat. On chat, I can also see where my customer is located, state or country, along with the product they are viewing while chatting with me. Best feature ever!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I semi dislike is the search function. Their are a few options to search by, contact name, email, ticket rather then just having one global Freshdesk search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do a trial. If you use chat, I am sure you'd be happy with this company.

Freshdesk is our main communication line between our company and our customers. All emails, questions and orders run through Freshdesk. This allows our department and company to easily access activity and communications in case we are short staffed or we have staff out on vacation.

Freshdesk review by Paul K.
Paul K.

"The Interface is Great Only Exceeded by Customer Support"

What do you like best?

I love the clean look of the original interface and the new Mint interface continues that same commitment to quality. I also find the fact the customer service to be very responsive, knowledgeable and helpful.

What do you dislike?

That you cannot blacklist a specific inbound email address. I love the fact that you can create special inbound email address on the fly (e.g. test24@mydomain.freshdesk.com). But it would be great if there was a way that one of those inbound emails could then be turned off to not even generate a ticket. We have probably nearly 200,000 spam emails that were created when one of our inbound emails got compromise. I know I can set up rules to immediately mark as spam, but it still creates a ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your agent cost when figuring out how to use this. Although it is possible to share agents it is not recommended and gets confusing.

Tracking of tickets auto generated by software in our system. Managing feedback from people about the product. Tracking requests for feature enhancements.

Freshdesk review by Jeffry F.
Jeffry F.

"If you need better support, try Freshdesk"

What do you like best?

From the very beginning, I liked the simple and quick installation. There is also the possibility of multi-channel support (e-mail, phone, chat, social networks, messengers etc). There is support for several languages and time zones (for us this was critical, since we have several support departments). Also from mobile devices, you can get a quick overview of the whole situation, with access to all tickets with filtering and notifications. It helps me to be always up to date on all matters.

What do you dislike?

There are minor comments on the usability of the interface, but they are minimal, so I will not even mention them. The service is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Freshdesk is offered at an affordable price and free of charge for three agents. Therefore, you can easily try this service. Personally, I recommend it.

We are very pleased that we started to use Freshdesk. The whole process became fully automated, which saves time for our agents. As a manager, I really like the powerful reporting and complete statistics of our help desk.

Freshdesk review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"Freshdesk is exactly what you are looking for"

What do you like best?

This software has many useful functions such as:

- live chat - that allows you to help potential customers in real time;

- teamwork on the creation and control of tickets;

- ability to create templates for the most popular questions (this feature especially I like, as it helps save a lot of time);

- possibility to create and track at what stage the ticket is located;

- you can record and track the call by converting them into tickets;

- social media let you integrate your team's pages into Facebook and Twitter and manage them from the help desk;

- you can create reports and monitor your performance.

This is only a small part of what you can do with Freshdesk

What do you dislike?

The only difficulty that our team faced was the configuration of this software, but it was worth because now our work has become more automated and controlled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an assistant that will make your work faster and more efficient then Freshdesk is exactly what you are looking for. Perhaps you will encounter the same difficulties as our team in terms of settings, but then I assure you that you will like working with Freshdesk.

First, we were able to establish our communication with prospective clients, because we can faster answer all questions and processed tickets. Secondly, we stopped doing routine work, because now the whole process is maximally automat and began to devote more time to other more important things. Moreover, our work runs faster with Freshdesk