Freshdesk
Badge 1417703253

Freshdesk

114 9.1 / 10
Compare Watch a Demo Free Trial
Freshdesk Help Desk Software for Customer Support.

Freshdesk Reviews (114)

Freshdesk interface is slick and easy to use. My team of 10 was using it within 5 minutes. We killed off all old email group mailboxes, 2 other junk help desk... Read More
0 xuxlrhtcfgyzti0dexysrwksbkiq mmd6jwsrwr5zg0xyomseg7dvikwwwwihw73lzgrq2grtcyj
Tom B.
Primary objective of having no server to maintain and constantly being up-to-date with the latest features and functionality, as and when development releases new... Read More
0 xtjm nlaeoztodqjabue 9cghpcdofvja9d6 cbrcsnj3wcm1ndvdb1o6ag ghnzylrbukmvsmzu
Jon M.
Administrator in Printing
Updated On
Validated Review

Great Application, Poor Customer Service, and Unethical SEO Methods

What do you like best?

I love how simple the support ticket format is. I've been in pretty high-end applications and this one is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box the solution was great so I'm hesitant to leave a bad review. The issue's I came across cause major workflow issues, thoughts that a major part of our business is not being supported, and almost betrayal of the trust I put into all my vendors.

Programming Glitches or Bugs

I have created a whole library of solution articles. When using the WYSIWYG editor the actual source code it produces is full of DIV Tags. The only way around this is to edit outside of the WYSIWYG editor, copy and paste your source code into the article, and save it before you switch views back to the WYSIWYG editor. My writer does not have any real CSS or HTML abilities. So a 5-minute article productions turns into 40 minutes. Not to mention what happens when you try to edit an article and all the bloat code the editor inserts.

Content Duplication in Search Engines Results

A lot of time was invested in creating articles that were SE optimized and this content served as my domains initial...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If support doesn't matter to you buy now. If search engine ranking doesn't matter to you, buy now.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

None. Nothing has been solved and more problems were created.

Validated Review

Provided must-have features with low-end plan

What do you like best?

We are a small and profitable business offering a web service to customers around the world. Offering fast and high-quality support is essential. We compared FreshDesk and ZenDesk

Like any business offering specialized services, we required custom fields. I was astonished to find this was not supported by ZenDesk except at the very expensive enterprise level. In contrast, FreskDesk offered this capability with their low-end plans.

We also needed to be able to offer single sign-in and general integration with our web service. Again, ZenDesk had nothing in this regard except at the enterprise level, while the FreshDesk API offered everything we needed. In fact, the FreshDesk API Is so rich that we will probably integrate even further over the next few months.

Support from FreshDesk was outstanding. We achieved integration with a few days of development time. Everything just worked.

In summary, the message we got from FreshDesk was that they wanted our business, and wanted...

What do you dislike?

Inability to handle proactive support by posting messages to customers. I see in the FreshDesk forums that this is a planned feature. I sure hope so! For the time being, we will have to work around this very serious omission in other ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support for custom fields and API integration at the low-end plans is a huge win for FreshDesk. Neither are available with ZenDesk except at the very pricey enterprise level.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Improved customer support, easier integration with our web services, improved mobile features, ability to add agents on an ad hoc basis.

Glad we switched

What do you like best?

Our company switched to Freshdesk because we were not satisfied with the reporting and metric solutions of our previous service delivery system. We also wanted something that had the ability to customize tickets, metrics, SLA's, customers and companies. And lastly we wanted something that fit our "cloud" business model.

Freshdesk not only provides all of the features we want, but it's also fast and reliable.

The communication tools are excellent and there are several ways for our customers to give us feedback on the services they receive from us.

The greatest thing about Freshdesk is simply the way to customize your support system.

Everything is customizable. Allowing your service desk to operate the way you need it too.

Very pleased with our migration to Freshdesk!

What do you dislike?

There's not much we don't like about Freshdesk.

If we had to pick, we would probably like to see more reports available in the plan that we chose (Garden plan)

Recommendations to others considering the product

We spent many hours both researching and demo'ing cloud based service desk applications.

We picked Freshdesk based on the size of our business, our requirements and our budget.

Basically we wanted an enterprise solution without the enterprise expense.

Freshdesk set up a remote demo for us and clearly showed how it was the best selection among it's competitors.

After running our service desk on the trial version for a couple weeks, we were sold and started the full migration.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Because we are a service delivery based business that deals in the challenging world of technology, we are most concerned with the quality of support our customers receive from us. We have no greater goal than to ensure every resource is utilized in achieving customer satisfaction.

Freshdesk supports both the requirement for client communication and issue tracking, to managements ability to track and report the flow of our service desk.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

An amazing support ticket platform

What do you like best?

Freshdesk is probably the easiest support ticket system in the ticket system industry.

We, Freedom!, YouTube MCN, used to work with the ticket system called Sirportly. If we had to describe Sirportly in one word, then the word would be "drama". It was just a horrible support ticket system.

On my search for a new support ticket system, I encountered multiple support ticket systems, including Freshdesk. The first things, which attracted my attention, were the additional features, like the quests, leaderboard, and the automated solution suggestions. After digging into the features, I already knew that Freshdesk would be our new ticket system.

After almost five months, we are happily using Freshdesk. My team is happy, our partners are happy, and, last but not least, I am happy to use this support ticket system.

How likely is it that you would recommend Freshdesk to a friend or colleague?

In fact, I already recommended Freshdesk to multiple partners, and, not...

What do you dislike?

This is more a personal answer, but there is, still, no WIndows Phone app for Freshdesk. I contacted the Freshdesk team once to retrieve an ETA about the development. They told me the app would be live at the end of 2014. It is almost the end of 2014, and there is still no app. At least they promised there would be an app, which satisfies me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Windows Phone App;

- If possible, create an HR platform, which can be tied up to Freshdesk;

- More insight in reports;

- Make feedback reports downloadable;

- Try to provide 24/7 support.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

At the moment, we are not facing any business problems with Freshdesk. In fact, we want to use Freshdesk as our main communication platform. We are still in preparation of this process. However, I am sure it will not be a huge hassle.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Easy to configure and great looking support tool

What do you like best?

For 6 months I have tried many different ticketing applications, both online and on premise, paid and open source.. None of them matched the incredible GUI that Freshdesk is offering. If you know a little about how you are going to organize your support service, then you can have a running version of Freshdesk in one day, with the greatest GUI end users can have.

And support is awesome too. We were not a paying customer yet (you can run a support team of three agents for free), but Freshdek notheless support team spent 2 hours using remote control on one of our Windows server to make Active Directory authentication work (the problem was on our side).

Speaking of AD authentication, the way the handle it with an asp script running on a Windows IIS server inside our premises is really clever. No authentication information travels on the Internet.

The management interface is really nice. You can add custom fields and rules in no time.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that can be improved is the backup of the database.

You have the option to download the database to a local hard disk, which in my opinion is a compulsory feature for a SAAS application. But unfortunately it is just raw data. Freshdesk should have a tool running in Windows that lets you browse and search the backup files that have been downloaded as .xml files.

And the backup is only text. It does not include all the screen capture that you publish as solutions for the end users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. It is free up to 3 agents.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Support based on email becomes unmanageable when you reach a certain size (160 end users in our case).

Now the 4 of us taking tickets (called Agents in Freshdesk) know exactly what they have to do every day to make the end users happy. And I can imagine the benefits of a solution like this for small business tackling with customers spread all over the world...

Tags

* We monitor all Freshdesk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about Freshdesk?