Front

Front

4.7

Front takes out the pain of shared inboxes (contact@, team@, jobs@...) by introducing collaboration in email.

Work for Front?

Learning about Front?

Front Reviews

Ask Front a Question
Showing 88 Front reviews
Front review by Anthony C.
Anthony C.

"Must have for your organization"

What do you like best?

Love the support with the tool, love the automation and how it makes life so much easier. We've been able to cut down emails and increase collaboration.

What do you dislike?

Need ways to @mention teams from other groups - that is part of our regular workflow but may not match up exactly to how front was designed. Reporting isn't strong in this product; we run a tight ship with tight SLAs to deliver great service; it's hard to get granular reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Front is worth it. It is a great collaboration tool and it will be useful in any size organization. It improves efficiency and speeds up tasks; the automation tools inside help speed up manual process. The canned messages are efficient to use and with everything coming out of Front, it is a great tool to look out for.

We have not tried connecting personal inboxes to the tool, but it would be worth considering if calendars and meetings can be followed within it so to dump external tools altogether. But this may not be the focus of Front and may not be a useful direction (trying to do too much).

Plus, the exceptional service is what helped us get our tool to full adoption and use; without Andersen, we likely would have stagnated in the usage of certain features, but thanks to his help and regular video calls, we were able to work through issues quickly. Keep up the great work guys.

Increased collaboration, more fluid experience between teams and less email.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Front
Front review by Samuel J.
Samuel J.

"Awesome for shared inboxes"

What do you like best?

When bootstrapping my startup I was looking for a simple product to enable me and my coworkers to handle email coming to our team address. I wanted anyone on the team to have visibility of the whole of any conversation. Front provides a very efficient and cost effective solution.

I like that fact that Front gives us growing room. It has an API and multiple pre-built integrations with other products that we could take advantage of as we grow.

What do you dislike?

Front sends notifications to regular email addresses when mail is received at the shared inbox. Replying to these emails adds a comment to the shared thread in Front. It would be nice if there was a way of replying directly to the sender from the regular email client.

Front lets multiple users collaborate in handling a single email inbox. This allows overseers to monitor conversations easily and take over or reassign when necessary.

What Structured Collaboration solution do you use?

Front review by Sean L.
Sean L.

"Great Solution for Shared Inboxes"

What do you like best?

Front was one of the better, cleaner (interface wise) solutions for shared inboxes. It is relatively easy to use and allows my teams on it to be more efficient with their processes and responses.

What do you dislike?

We had run into several issues in the beginning, particularly the integration with our system. It took us some time to get everything up to speed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trialling the platform for a month as you would discover new processes and ways to streamline your team inboxes.

Our clients would email our customer service representatives individually and as a result, the others would not be aware of one another's cases, especially when they were on leave. A combined inbox allowed the entire team to be up to date with current cases and ongoings. We also applied this to our membership enquiry inbox which allowed us to assign the most appropriate salesperson to the enquiry.

Front review by Carlisle S.
Carlisle S.

"Front is such an upgraded email experience -- Would not trade it for anything!"

What do you like best?

I love Front's clean UI and easy to use interface. It was really easy to get started with Front and I think it is way easier to manage high volume amounts of work email using the platform. I also like that it integrated seamlessly with my current email client and nothing was really made to be difficult or time consuming when deciding to use Front instead of simply gmail.

What do you dislike?

I hate, hate, hate that you default to "replying all" with Front. My coworkers have had a few embarrassing moments happen because of this and I have felt so bad for them. This definitely needs to change!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to change your email default settings to NOT reply all!! :) Also, maybe allow the UI to be customized to someone's business colors.

Managing email with my team and being able to discuss emails, specifically bug fixes, that occur behind the scenes.

Front review by Zoe W.
Zoe W.

"Makes talking to customers much simpler!"

What do you like best?

I can easily look between customers I am speaking to and customers my co-workers are talking to. Helps ensure that every person is covered and not lost. Can easily write private notes to other people in the team regarding customer interaction and get support quickly. It doesn't have ads and runs really well on our macs and the app runs very well too. It makes communication really easy and is super instinctual how to use. We rely on it the most out of all the products our team uses. I would highly recommend it!

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything specifically. It does what I need quickly and easily. There could be a few more features, but overall it does the job that I need! We use it with slack and it serves a totally different purpose than slack. they work together to do what we need really good! It doesn't offer the hashtag option that Slack offers so we really need the features of both products combined.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for us to text tons of people, assign customers to specific team members, ask questions and add private notes to chats that customers can't see.

We are providing personalized service to customers looking for houses. I realized it is very helpful for organizing customers to each member of our team. We are able to text customers directly from a single number which is what our business model needs.

Front review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"Helpful but can be overwhelming"

What do you like best?

Front provides seamless integration of instant messaging with email and easy archive features. “Tagging” someone on front is the best part! Essentially, it’s like tagging someone on a Facebook post, but you do it at the bottom of an email thread. This saves your inbox being filled with forwarded emails and having to sift thru old conversations.

What do you dislike?

Front gives you lots and lots of inboxes. Including access to team inboxes that don’t apply to you. This can be overwhelming, as there’s no way to hide these other inboxes in your sidebar. Additionally, your own inbox is divided into two: an inbox with your name and an inbox with conversations “assigned to you.” Sometimes, it is hard to predict which emails go to which inbox.

Contact with customers and colleagues is efficient and simplified, but I wish there was an easier way to change in settings, or know, which emails go to your inbox (of your name) and which are assigned to you.

Front review by Robby T.
Robby T.

"Front has been game-changing for our business"

What do you like best?

Front’s ability to seemlessly integrate 10s to 100s of inboxes into a beautiful dashboard, with easy to use rule assigning, tagging, and more is unmatched. I could not imagine how we could be as efficient and provide a specific high a level of customer support without Front.

What do you dislike?

With any app that allows emailing, it gets annoying to have my IPhone mail default mail app in addition to getting the same email notifications from Front and vice versa.

We were able to limit the number of seats in the customer support role without sacrificing quality and quickness to respond. We actually increased response time and became more aware on a business level, of how external communication was being handled across multiple mediums.

Front review by Pat E.
Pat E.

"Currently in trial with Front"

What do you like best?

My favorite parts of Front are the ability to take notes on an email thread without actually replying to the entire thread and the ability to assign emails to other members of your team so you know who has the ball.

What do you dislike?

It's a big change from the email interface my company uses but that was expected. When responding to emails via Front, it makes it look like I sent the email multiple times in my real email client interface based on the number of other people on the thread. I also dislike that you have to drag and drop screenshot images in to the body of the email to add them inline as opposed to simply uploading the screenshot from a file that's on your computer. You also cannot chat with other members of our team that do not have front accounts so I still have to keep my original email client interface open so I can chat with others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot using the 14 day free trial. Be open to adjusting the way you think about traditional individual use email.

Our customer support team has become more effective because Front gives the entire team transparency into who is working on which support email. We can also report on and measure how effectively and efficiently we are in supporting our customers thanks to Front's analytics that show our response time, resolution time, and number of emails to resolution numbers.

Front review by Catherine P.
Catherine P.

"Organized and efficient email organization software. "

What do you like best?

It makes it so simple and effortless to respond quickly and add value to those who interact with you. My team has found it more useful for managing projects instead of just sending emails. We can create tickets, track projects, respond to people's emails, etc, also, when a teammate needs help with a message, you can share it with me to help advise you, i also like that it integrates perfectly with my current email client and really nothing was done to be difficult or to consume a lot of time when deciding to use Front instead of just Outlook. Often, our customer service department will take chats on the web, which are then seen by sales on the front. We really enjoyed the ability to sort multiple inboxes, add labels and comments.

What do you dislike?

The software does not mention or give the option to select the time zone, which can be a problem when you work in many offices, and it does not have a summary or a warning before sending an email. It constantly improves and I have no doubt that with the time those little mistakes and annoyances will be solved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows a large team to all use one email address. Easy to use. Customer service is great.

It prevents us from leaving the messages unanswered, we assign emails so that it is obvious who is responsible for what, and being able to tag and comment allows us to classify the requests without effort. Front probably reduces the time we spend on emails by 50-60%, and is essential for any company or team that works with shared accounts.

Front review by Allen C.
Allen C.

"Front is a critical app for our business"

What do you like best?

1) Allow team members have visibility on emails and assign them to members to follow up.

2) Snoozing emails is amazing and allow team members to hand off emails that may require time passing before responding. Once an email is snoozed (you pick the amount of time) the email disappears and will only reappear once the timer has elapsed.

3) The ability to comment on an email internally among team members

What do you dislike?

1) The spell checker is in US-English only. We use British English and this can be a bit of a nuisance.

2) Exceptionally long Email threads can get a bit tricky to navigate.

3) The ability to get App-integration is locked to a higher price tier that is double the monthly cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Front offers everything you would want from a team-based email management system. The pricing model may not work for all types of company.

Our business does not have strictly defined roles and emails can flow from one staff to another. Front allow us to collaborate, comment and assign emails without the need to forward emails around.

There are also several quality-of-life features such as email snoozing, social platform integration and analytics that I have come to heavily rely on.

For our business, Front App is a critical piece of software and our team depends on it every day.

Front review by Daniel E.
Daniel E.

"This App Has Changed Our Business! "

What do you like best?

The (Slack like chat) that is embedded between our emails.

What do you dislike?

There could be more integrations, ability to control integration views and to see multiple integrations at the same time on the right panel view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What sold us on Front was seeing the (Slack like chat") in action. Talking about this feature meant nothing to us. But when we saw our team @ mentioning on topics and actually getting more work done, faster, that was when we decided to move forward and use Front.

Our entire team can chat and collaborate with everyone's emails. Everyone has their own box in addition to the company support. Instead of forwarding emails we can @ mention each other and this speeds up the process to get in the loop on issues, tasks, new business, etc.

When we have a client write about a new project, sometimes we need collaboration on how much time certain tasks in their scope of work will take to accurately quote our clients. We are able to very quickly @ mention one or more people and everyone is instantly communicating on an email (but without actually sending emails out). This also keeps the communication very organized and in context.

The integrations are very important to us also. Front is connected with HubSpot and other CRM software and this allows us to see if the client is already in our HubSpot (they do a lookup of the email address in HubSpot from Front) and then we can either add or click and open the client's profile and quickly add deals, take notes, etc. This has been one integration that has saved me a lot of time as the person that answers the phone and emails for sales calls.

Front review by Colin G.
Colin G.

"Significantly cuts down on internal email volley"

What do you like best?

When a customer email comes in, we can rapidly discuss it internally using comments and callouts to each other, to come up with the appropriate response. This has worked so much better than endless email forwarding and replying within the organization before getting back to the customer. The discussion is linear, and in context with the external communications, so everyone is on the same page.

What do you dislike?

There are many ways to sort email into buckets, and sometimes too many:

Multiple inboxes, archived or open, assigned or not, replied-to or not, etc.

Then when you switch between the desktop app (OSX for us) and the mobile app (iOS), the default view of which buckets you see changes. So in the end, I do a lot of clicking to just see all mail, unfiltered, to make sure I don't miss anything.

Another problem is that it is hard to search for messages from a particular phone number. Dashes in the number will screw up the search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn about the power of the Front API!

We are able to send a huge quantity of outbound notifications via email and sms, using the API, tied to our other business applications.

Front review by Administrator in Computer Software

"An Essential Tool for Managing Customer Support "

What do you like best?

I love that Front gives me the ability to discuss a customer support email with other team members before replying to the user. This lets me effortlessly loop in dev team members for technical questions, sales team members for sales inquiries, and even the CEO for privacy/legal matters. I also love that I can tag conversations, set reminders for them to re-appear at the top of my inbox for months ahead, and track response times and analytics.

What do you dislike?

Front can be a little hard to use and buggy on mobile phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to explore all the features. There are so many useful parts of Front.

We're trying to have a single source of truth for all customer conversations (whether they're product support conversations, sales conversations, bug reports, or anything else). It's really great that the entire team can see and discuss all conversations and come to quick solutions.

Front review by Chris C.
Chris C.

"Best team email solution in the market"

What do you like best?

The ease at which you can coordinate multiple team players into a single inbound channel is a game changer for us.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the contact search within the compose window is slow to show results. Search speed fluctuates occasionally as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a team of people sharing an general email account, responding to inbound social media channels, or are constantly forwarding emails to other departments, Front solves all of these problems and a lot more.

We've eliminated the confusion of "reply-all" email threads that cause confusion, double work, delays, and processing errors. Transparency. Now we don't have multiple team members working on a customer inquiry at the same time.

Front review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Team Email like you dreamed of"

What do you like best?

Ease of sharing, commenting and seeing all the emails with out having to forward anything. Support is fantastic and they continue to innovate and add new features. You can communicate direct with Front on the app, like a chat session. Works with dozens of third party apps to customize it for your company.

What do you dislike?

Gets a little out of synch with Gmail at times. Have to reset the app on Mac and iOS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a sales team and need to collaborate, this is the program for you. Once you get used to internal sharing and comments, you will ask how you lived with out Front.

Major goal was team email, meaning one email for all our customers to use but very easy for the sales team to see everything and reply to what their area is. Implemented their website chat integration, new feature and very cool.

Front review by Daniel N.
Daniel N.

"Unified customer service that feels personal"

What do you like best?

Customers get to interact with our support team via email, not a ticketing system, so it feels personal and is easy to interact with.

Support team can comment on the thread, assign, tag, so you can get full team participation while maintaining a consistent point of contact with the customer.

Wide ranging integrations so we have a single place to follow and respond to customers. (e.g. Intercom comes into Front, and we can reply without ever going to Intercom)

What do you dislike?

I think all the issues I've had with Front have been fixed. They've been making massive headway over the years we've been using them.

Efficient, personal customer support.

Front review by User in Information Technology and Services

"A good substitute of Microsoft outlook."

What do you like best?

I’ve just started using front, basically front is an e-mail client where you can work with your personal or common email accounts at same place.i actually like the interface, though it is somewhat messy. I like the idea of getting every messaging platforms at one place. Also it allows the real time chatting thing that avoids duplication between two users. The team collobaration and working on same plate form is useful. The assignment feature keep the track of assignments quite good.

Overall, from my little experience, it’s a good app.It is certainly a better choice than outlook.

What do you dislike?

The importing of your email history or chat is somewhat difficult, needs to work on that. Also the labels ain’t seamlessly synced. The conversation assignment, in missive we could assign to a group while here only one person so far! Not working ..

Needs some improvement to stay in the race.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. It’s a great project and considerably a great email client app.

Till now not too many working has been done using this. But the app is rapidly making its way among the team and the people.

I think it is changing the email client thing fairly.

Front review by Tiara R.
Tiara R.

"great software"

What do you like best?

Great software for managing emails and conversations. I especially love the fact that I can chat directly in the app on specific emails with specific team members. Helps me stay organized. Also, the "snooze" button is a godsend.

What do you dislike?

Not a huge fan of the look of the interface, because the text is so small. When trying to make it bigger, it makes the entire screen bigger and just winds up being cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is very quick to help, and they have amazing tutorials online if you get stuck.

Using Front to keep track of team emails, converse with partners, and manage emails for multiple inboxes, both personal and shared.

Front review by Gerald S.
Gerald S.

"I love this app, a great change from the traditional email client"

What do you like best?

The UI is brilliant and I love the fact that we can comment without sending another email.

What do you dislike?

Some of the integrations break from time to time but none of the critical ones. So this becomes a dislike because I have to dislike something per this review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Front is on the expensive side for more than 15 inboxes; So, be prepared to pay a fair amount for multi-users when you have over 15. I would love to see more integrations with other phone systems such as Ringcentral and At&t similar to how Cloze works.

We were looking to solve collaboration and the 'lost' emails that tend to go into oblivion when they are sent to shared inboxes. For example, privacy@mycompany.com can now be monitored by most anyone easily without a lot of setup and management.

Front review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Front Review"

What do you like best?

I like that front can be programmed with other apps to do a particular task. For example, front works with salesforce to bring up a clients file when front receives the call.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the email format. It is cumbersome to use and sometimes hard to understand among team members. They could have a cleaner interface that is much more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users should do a research online and find out how to use Front for first time users. Also, new users may have to contact their IT departments for installation of Front to the phone line directory.

We are resolving inbound calls with front. We are managing Client customer relationships with front and also resolving emails.

Front review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Best collaborative/shared email client I've seen"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of Front's approach (vs. the ticketing system). It's is clean, easy, intuitive, and excellent both for the internal user and the client experience.

What do you dislike?

Nothing not to like. Excellent email client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a trial and see the difference. It take a little getting used to because it's a different paradigm, but it is far better.

We have seen a major uptick in our efficiency and ability to collaborate. We are more responsive, and managing a shared inbox is no longer a difficult chore.

Front review by Administrator in Computer Software

"We fell In love with FRONT from day 1, allowing to to gain email clarity"

What do you like best?

All the features are fantastic - but the internal collaboration features are fantastic for gaining clarity in context or to use as a training tool for new staff.

Internal comments,

Sharing drafts etc

Reminders and send later again are fantastic tools. Especially if you are on windows there is nothing else like it / there wasn't when Front came along. For us it was a game changer and has allowed our business to scalable deal with growth.

Oh and Automatic rules again are brilliant!

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing - Maybe the pricing for small companies who need SF intergration. But really just pay up its worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on board with FRONT you wont regret it we didnt!

Organisation, Tracking of who did what and where, SF integration (Time saver), Allowing easy collaboration for a distributed team.

The the front desk of our business managing all inboxes, twitter, facebook, Phone / answerphone.

It really is fantastic for us.

Front review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very robust email system once you get past the learning curve"

What do you like best?

The setup for any custom organizations or flows is much more approachable and easy to understand than something like Gmail where it's a bit hidden away in its settings and sometimes tough to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The overall shift to having to archive everything. I found it difficult at first, and am still having a tough time, fully archiving something as if to say "I'm done with this". I still find comfort in seeing all past emails I've dealt with to know there's nothing I'm missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their support is very helpful and their team is still in a growth phase so are open to hearing feedback to improve their product.

The ability to setup automated rules and have them very customizable to interact and share with team members has proven to be super useful.

Front review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Front keeps me sane!"

What do you like best?

Front helps keep our email-based customer support organized, so we know who is handling each email, and where we need to focus our attention.

What do you dislike?

I'm really happy with Front, and don't have any complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give the free trial a try!

Front helps us respond to emails quickly and focus our attention on our customers instead of managing our shared inbox. It's helped us from double-responding to someone, or losing track of emails that need responses.

Front review by User

"Easy tool to use to collaborate with team"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to tag my coworkers in an email so they can read it. I love the snooze feature, to bring an email back into my inbox after a certain amount of time/days/weeks. I also like the integration with Intercom, to have messages come into a separate inbox.

What do you dislike?

When I send an email to my colleague, it's usually a little delayed, but not a huge deal. Like less than 3 minutes usually. Also I want to color code my tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was/still am a Gmail lover. It took some time to get used to using a new system, but it's really helpful and handy.

I don't have to forward emails if I tag my coworker in it, so there are fewer emails to deal with. The integrations with other apps make it easy to stay in my inbox and not have to jump to other places to get all the info I need.

Front review by Administrator

"Finally, an email tool built for collaboration"

What do you like best?

Everyone gets visibility to the shared (info, support) mailboxes. Emails that get sent incorrectly to me personally can get easily moved to the shared boxes and seen by all. Seeing everyone's replies is excellent.

What do you dislike?

My expectations for this software is so high and while the feature list is exactly what we need, the implementation is a little scrappy around the edges. It's constantly improving and I have no doubt that in time those little bugs and annoyances will be ironed out. They have a clear roadmap and I have no hesitation to use the software. It just lacks the polish of a more mature product like Asana for example which is robust and works exactly as you expect. I'm used to the bugs in Front but with investment and time I have confidence in their resolution.

We are trying to get visibility across the business on all communications coming in. Previously we were relying on forwarding emails to one another. Now we can see them all in one place and thing no longer get missed like they previously did. It's still tricky to get inbox zero and perhaps things need a holding place while being worked on. I'd also love to see integration with Asana to create tasks and resolve emails once complete.

Front review by Hussein F.
Hussein F.

"Using the FrontApp interface and API"

What do you like best?

We have been using the FrontApp interface and API for a few months now. We use it to manage our half-bot/half-human service to recommend hotel rooms and service customers.

The web/desktop interface is great. There is a ton of flexibility with tags, rules, and auto-replies. Everything runs relatively smoothly!

Also enjoy that FrontApp makes regular updates and has an open product roadmap on trello.

What do you dislike?

1 - We have 'hacked' drip campaigns using tags and rules. Would be great if there was a better interface for this.

2 - The mobile app for android isn't great. It is built more for long-form email communication with customers. Our use case is more for short-form messaging communication.

Having one place for our bot (via API) and humans (via Interface) to communicate with customers.

Front review by User

"great product, easy to use, and free"

What do you like best?

I love that Front is free, and it allows you to track messages, tag others in the company privately, and snooze messages to recall them at a later date. This is especially helpful for me in marketing.

What do you dislike?

It's not the nicest looking and some features are a little difficult to understand how to use right out of the box. There's no way to 'star' conversations. You can add them to folders, but I'm so used to gmail's star feature that I wish it existed here too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this a try if you like integrations with all the major apps, like Slack, Asana, etc. Works almost as well as gmail.

With marketing, it's almost impossible to keep track of all the email threads I have going at once, and Front helps me manage that easily. Benefit wise, we've saved a ton of money utilizing it for our company.

Front review by Clément S.
Clément S.

"Business communication easier than easy ! "

What do you like best?

Front is really easy and quick to set-up, easy to use, we are completely delighted by Mathilde and her co-workers product ! We didn't hesitate a moment from switching from Zendesk to Front !

What do you dislike?

Well, quite nothing, Front is simple to use, well designed, and can be use by anybody without IT knowledge ! If I need to say 1 "bad" thing, but, not so, important, I would rethink the UI, with seems difficult to understand (time to time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate !

We had dozen of team inbox collaborations :

- Facebook,

- Twitter,

- Smooch.io

- support@

- contact@

- jobs@

And Front helps us a lot managing those inboxes without pain !

Front review by Tim B.
Tim B.

"Powerful, but Sorely Lacking"

What do you like best?

Clean interface that consolidates numerous contact channels, including email, SMS, Facebook Messenger (I have 15 of these inboxes), live chat, and help desk tickets. It does this VERY well.

What do you dislike?

Buggy software. Their dev resources are all focused on new features, not fixing bugs like the CTRL+arrow key shortcut to skip words. The contact functionality is virtually non-existent. I had to create custom fields for things such as email, phone number, and so forth. It also does not sync contact data, so you can enter it, but it will not sync it to Pipedrive, Intercom, or any other tool. This means all that data is siloed.

Simple tool to manage customer interaction, which means it is simpler to implement across my business.

Front review by User in Internet

"Email collaboration at its finest."

What do you like best?

The platform Front has developed has completely transformed the way our organization operates. It seamlessly connects all our communication avenues into an easy-to-use interface. We spend less time browsing through different channels, and more time reaching out to our clients.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if Front could track user specific data so that while managing all communications in one-place, it would also provide deep insights about our users.

Front review by Alexei C.
Alexei C.

"Awesome product, awesome support"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Front is, and how efficient I am at treating emails now that I use Front (for personal and professional emails). The support team is incredible and have responded to every single request in a very quick turnaround. It's not easy for me to keep track of what needs to be done, and know to which emails I have to reply personally.

What do you dislike?

To be honest nothing negative so far, I've been happy with the product and still am.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it once, with 2-3 people, you'll quickly be addicted.

1. Never forgetting some lost emails

2. Offloading tasks a lot more easily than before, yet keeping track of things that get done

Front review by Alex D.
Alex D.

"Best email app for team"

What do you like best?

Front is very easy to use.

It's the best of gmail (shortcuts, search) but more powerful (collaboration, integrations,...).

The team behind Front is very supportive and I really like to know how the product will be improve (they have a public roadmap).

What do you dislike?

I would love to use Front to manage my personal inbox as well but it doesn't sync (yet) the labels/folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of great features and it's really powerful (and simple to use). Take time to learn more on the feature.

I personally use it with my virtual assistant. She can draft email, ask questions using the comments,...

It's far better than giving access to my gmail account.

Front review by Tom D.
Tom D.

"Keeps customer communication and support personal and easy"

What do you like best?

When speaking with customers, people don't want new communication channels. They love their email, so that's where we help them. Front makes assigning and delegating emails to our team so that we can keep up a very high level of customer support. The user interface is nothing short of beautiful. They are always building new features and are growing alongside us.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see a more robust Salesforce integration. I want to create cases from emails so we can track alongside their accounts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with Front. If they don't have the features you are looking for, there is a good chance they are making it right now!

We have customers coming at us from all angles, with Front we can channel them all into Front and delegate them to a team member simply and easily.

Front review by Julia W.
Julia W.

"You don't know what you've got till it's gone."

What do you like best?

As someone who is always afraid to forget things, Front helps you to get that inbox zero high without losing things and not following up. It's really made me a better employee and reduced my stress.

What do you dislike?

A few features can be confusing, but I have to say it must be from so many years in Gmail. I wish you could un-loop someone if you've invited them to comment on an email thread. Maybe you can I just haven't found it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it out.

Time management, follow up, delegation and being a multifunctional manager is made possible with Front App.

Front review by Przemysław C.
Przemysław C.

"Email software that efectively reduces email clutter"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Assing emails to team members. Create rules that will automate what you do. Assing a converations or a few to a task in external system (Asana).

What do you dislike?

I'm not prone to complain I can hardly think of anythink I dislike.

This email software helps to manage emails and share them inside team.

Front review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Easy management for incoming communication"

What do you like best?

I love being able to have shared inboxes that multiple team members can access with ease

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were bette reporting tools, or that you could divide incoming text messages into separate contact touchpoints, aka, someone contacted me on 1/15 about pay, and then again on 1/30 about schedule, but what comes up is one continuous conversation tagged both pay and schedule.

Also, the app is all but useless. The content never refreshes and I can't located a manual refresh button to force a refresh.

Being able to share inbox across multiple users

Front review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"We LOVE Front -- it's a game-changer"

What do you like best?

So easy to collaborate as a team, understand what my interns and associates are working on, and discuss important emails as a group before sending replies.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't totally line up with our sales CRM, so we are still emailing customers through other programs when we are being proactive rather than reactive.

Front helps us onboard new team members faster, delegate work to interns while still having oversight to review and comment on their emails, and better divide out our communications so we can attack our inboxes by channel.

Front review by Michal Z.
Michal Z.

"The best Email tool ever"

What do you like best?

I love shared inboxes and the ability to directly assign an email to colleague.

What do you dislike?

Well there is really nothing I dislike. Maybe that filters are sometimes hard to set up

Email management - many times an email is sent to wrong member of our team. That was eliminated by Front.

Front review by Hope T.
Hope T.

"Friendly, easy customer support tool"

What do you like best?

Front has a friendly interface and is easily usable. We switched to Front from Help Scout, and I've found it to be a much nicer experience. Their team is always rolling out updates and improvements, so it's only gotten better. Also, the "Undo Send" feature is great.

What do you dislike?

The rules for auto-assigning an inbound email to a user can be a little rigid, and it's hard to get it just right so the email gets to the person you want it to. (It's easy to do manually, though.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! Spend some time setting up auto-responses and tags, and see how swift your replies can become.

We manage a busy inbox, and Front helps us sort and assign emails to multiple users so we can respond in a timely manner.

Front review by User

"Great CRM and excellent tech support"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage this tool in multiple ways for different teams. It's very configurable and easy to use. Our contact is very responsive and understanding of our requests. Overall, great service.

What do you dislike?

I think Front has gotten a bit slower with the number of customers we've gotten. I can never load the audit trail page. The search takes forever to load and doesn't bring me to the search

We are communicating with doctors and customers to address their healthcare needs as a pharmacy

Front review by Administrator

"Been a User For Over 1 Year and Love It!!"

What do you like best?

We love the shared inboxes. We have integrated all of our e-commerce customer service email addresses into one application and it is very convenient!

What do you dislike?

They sometimes mix up our customer orders numbers in the title if the emails.

We have been able to solve our abilities for everyone to see the emails coming in from different customers from different sites and assign the emails to the proper individual. We also have the ability to make internal comments to each other on the customer inquiries to keep everyone in the loop.

Front review by User

"Manage your email like never before."

What do you like best?

The cleaner look and organized feel that Front gives you control over when viewing your email.

What do you dislike?

Things like search functionality and @ mentioning teammates has had some issues in the past, but Front has always taken our critiques and addressed them.

I'm not sure there is a business that wouldn't benefit from Front. Being able to collaborate and ask my teammates questions on specific emails and have conversations about those without forwarding them has has saved us a tremendous amount of time.

Front review by Jonas F.
Jonas F.

"Straightforward shared mailboxes"

What do you like best?

It really helps managing shared mailboxes like support@ across your team. There are mobile clients with customizable push notifications and lots of helpful features like canned responses and rules based assignments.

What do you dislike?

I haven't really found anything yet that I dislike with Front.app to be honest.

Replying to mails/inquiries in shared inboxes.

Front review by User in Internet

"Easy to use with minor quirks"

What do you like best?

- being able to view all inboxes at the same time

- aggregated view makes it easy to prioritize across different clients with customers writing in

- great aesthetics

- easy to learn layout

What do you dislike?

- archiving messages has a 10 second delay

- sidebar opens up but sometimes with a different client's info in first 10-20 seconds

- text alerts are only for emails received not texts received

My team and I help guests at partner hotels plan out their stays with recommendations and bookings. We've been able to easily book activities for guests; with the open-source style of Front, we added email/SMS copy and easy links to send to guests for quick payment online.

Front review by Levi K.
Levi K.

"Simple, Elegant & Fantastic Solution To All E-mail Scenarios For Our Company"

What do you like best?

- The ability to manage ALL e-mail scenarios from one platform. Not just support tickets, but sales emails, employee e-mails etc...

- It allows us to flow and properly handle e-mails in one environment.

- How easy it is to use

- Simple and beautiful interface

- Custom support is bar-none

- Their transparent road-map...and they actually follow their roadmap!

What do you dislike?

- Their lack of a proper iPhone app. Although one is coming out soon! Excited!

- I find that I can't properly keep track of internal messages sent to me about specific emails. Although the way they have formatted messages to be in line with e-mails is superb...I wish that I was able to see all new internal messages towards me...kind of what Wrike does with their messaging system and how it related to tasks.

- Searching e-mails within the app, its good. But I feel it could be more intuitive and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may not fully understand how helpful this can be to your business. If you have several e-mail accounts in your business and have a desire to organize and control them all...Front is the answer.

Hook up all of your e-mail accounts and use it for a week. You can use it in parallel with G-mail, so its not going to mess anything up if you end up not using it.

*One other thing...try using their support. They will blow you out of the water!

- Scalable e-mail systems without having to train people on multiple e-mail related platforms.

- On-boarding is easier.

- E-mails are responded to quicker.

- Out team just naturally knew how to use Front.

- Couldn't go back! They really are an all in one platform for e-mail.

"Tags, Tags, Tags"

What do you like best?

I love front but my favorite thing is the tagging system. I love being about to automatically sort emails by subject lines or keywords. We've been using front for roughly two years, maybe longer. It's been a great experience.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limit for how many emails are able to send at once. I often need to send over 100 at a time of the same email to a group of users.

That sometimes people are unresponsive to an email but they never saw the email in the first place. By utilizing the seen option. We have found that sometimes a follow up email or a text message increase the response rate.

Front review by Chad S.
Chad S.

"Manage Biz emails with ease"

What do you like best?

Managing my emails, assigning emails to staff and saved responses.

What do you dislike?

I don't not have anything that I dislike. Why are you making me type this out?

Assigning emails to staff without having to forward the email.

Front review by Guillaume l.
Guillaume l.

"When email become a team game"

What do you like best?

At Lingueo, we do recieve lots of email from customer involving different team members.

Front allows us to build a "collaborative team memory" and a unique way to provide the best answer to our customers. Assignment, comments, follow up, all has been designed for our needs (and I guess others ! ).

We also hack the system using the rules tool to manage leads which works very well.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, I don't think to anything bad right now. The front team is very supportive when we have suggestions

Reactivity : we are 50% quicker to answer email

Collaborative work : no missing information

Quality : the right team member is assigned for a need

Front review by Samar M.
Samar M.

"Excellent Product for Internal Collaboration "

What do you like best?

Shared inboxes are really useful in managing large number of customer email intakes across multiple account managers. The ability to increase visibility really speeds up internal communication and overall response rates

What do you dislike?

There are a few opportunities for workflow automations, but nothing that the team hasn't made apparent they are working on

The main benefit is to better manage vacation emails by providing a better end customer experience without having the customer re-directed

Administrator in Internet

"Expensive for the feature set"

What do you like best?

Front solves my basic need: offers an email inbox for multi user usage.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is weird and not very cheap. Intercom for example does everything Front does plus a lot more and could be cheaper for most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make note that the cheaper package most probably doesn't suit you. It almost never does.

We can have multiple people answering our customer queries and everyone has a common view on what's already taken care of.

Front review by Administrator

"Front Brings Collaboration, Transparency and Efficiency to Business Email"

What do you like best?

The ability to discuss email threads without leaving the mail client, while you have CRM data on the sidebar to refer to.

What do you dislike?

The inability to transfer messages between channels (for instance to turn a Facebook message into an email thread).

We've become more efficient at dealing with client queries on a group inbox, and delegating emails is no longer fire-and-forget email forwards - although you have the option to disconnect from a thread that you don't need to follow.

We have a better overview of the volume of email requests we handle at any given time, and can assist with workload if we have team members with spare capacity.

Front review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great app to integrate multiple programs utilized."

What do you like best?

We use Slack, Chatra, Google Drive and Gmail....all are merged into this one portal.. It's really awesome!! One stop "shop".

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily know if I can think of anything off the top of my head to be honest. Everything seems to work great. Although, ever so occasionally, we will send a comment and follow to someone on an email and then we won't be able to locate it again. It's odd-b/c it doesn't happen often.

We are able to communicate with customers more efficiently .

Front review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Absulutely excellent"

What do you like best?

It has helped us working with business emails as a group. Statistics have also given us the ability to have reachable goals towards how we answer our customers. We also know our customers better.

What do you dislike?

What is missing is the ability to use calender to book meetings within company and with customers outside company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ofcourse, best email service out there, especially for group emails.

Reaching our answering goals where we pay our staff bonus for reaching their goals. We know our customers better and we also realized many things were we could made it possible to receive fewer emails with more information on the website.

Front review by User

"Best email manager for my job"

What do you like best?

The possibility to change user and share the email box.

The Interface

The possibility to add comments on emails

The reactivity of the team

The API

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing, some technical problem sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use and very adaptable to fit every needs

Answer quickly to customers

And having the good information for each emai received in front of the eyes with our builtin plugin

Front review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Front is THE best way to manage email for teams"

What do you like best?

Front makes it really easy for us to manage our email communication as a team. We don't know what we would do without it and don't know how we survived before it. So great to use and customer support is really responsive as well.

What do you dislike?

We wish there were an a way to send a form response with one click instead of three :)

I am able to keep up to date on emails other colleagues have shared with me without needing to forward or talk about them in person (you can easily comment on emails, kind of like if slack and gmail were combined.)

Front review by Ariana F.
Ariana F.

"Best shared inbox around"

What do you like best?

Front makes my life so much easier! My favorite feature is the comments, which allows me to get input from colleagues about various e-mails, without worrying about the possibility of sharing internal replies with a customer. The merge feature is also super helpful for keeping e-mails in one thread.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints, to be honest. Front is always improving their product, and I look forward to seeing what innovations they make next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! This product is fantastic!

Front allows my entire team to share and organize multiple inboxes. It's a great way to keep everyone on the same page.

Front review by User

"Simple, effective chat tool"

What do you like best?

The layout is very simple and easy to navigate. Not only is it easy to organize conversations with prospects on the website, the platform also allows you to communicate. I love the visibility too.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see is the ability to only receive Push Notifications for Website Chats on the App. Currently, I get notifications for any email that comes through my gmail because they are synced.

We are able to quickly answer questions for anyone on the website and increase engagement.The biggest benefit has been being able to book demos through chat.

Front review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"Best shared support/inbox tool."

What do you like best?

1. Collaboration features help my team seamlessly communicate internally about our customer’s concerns.

2. Custom plugins using their API has allowed us to cut our workflow in half with the addition of our plugin.

3. We’re able to directly link to our CRM, which completely eliminates having to search for our customers in our CRM.

What do you dislike?

No support for Android app yet, but I hear it's coming.

Shared inbox allowed our team to share workload, bringing response time from hours to minutes. Everything is super organized. Analytics allowed our team to plan for scaling.

Front review by Geoffrey V.
Geoffrey V.

"Best collaborative tool i ever seen"

What do you like best?

At Demooz, we love team work. Front provides the best of team work. Everything is just flawless.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the android app is a bit slow, but anyway, i know Front team work a lot to make it better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the tool you need :)

At Demooz, we build a community of trusted consumers who accept to invite you at home so you can try a product in real condition of use. That said, we talk to our community everyday. We needed a tool to capture all inbound messages. Front.

Front review by Annie C.
Annie C.

"Good experience"

What do you like best?

the support team. they were helpful in showing the short cuts!

What do you dislike?

inability to select multiple emails. I would like to be able to delete multiple at once but now i just use a rule to filter

merging email accounts into one system

Front review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Front for a SaaS industry manager"

What do you like best?

Being able to comment on email threads with teammates! And Canned responses

What do you dislike?

Sometimes figuring out which thread is my copy can be confusing. But more so of a user error on my end not understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work with their success teams to set up Rules and general use

Reducing churn and building promoters from our customer base

Front review by User in Computer Software

"Front App collaboration and organization "

What do you like best?

The ability to assign and tag people in conversations and to be able to create custom tags for emails. Extremely improves team productivity

What do you dislike?

If you archive an email that others are following the people following can’t see it anymore also if someone accidentally trashes an email it is lost to everyone.

Team organization and collaboration

Front review by Vincenzo B.
Vincenzo B.

"Amazing email experience for teams"

What do you like best?

Great native apps on Mac and iPhone

Fast

integration with Pipedrive

Canned responses

comments instead of sending emails

Notification panel

What do you dislike?

for now no issues really

had a bug and the team fixed it really quick

Recommendations to others considering the product

they even share their roadmap!

answering emails as a team

Front review by Keith R.
Keith R.

"Organize all customer requests in a single place"

What do you like best?

We use Front to organize all of our customer emails and it's super easy to coordinate amongst team members (you can build rules to auto-assign requests to individual team members) and track responses. They also have made it very easy to use pre-saved templates for faster responses.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much so far from our experience. Their team is very responsive if we have any questions.

We get tons of emails and Front helps us put them all in one place.

Front review by User in Internet

"Great tool for company organization"

What do you like best?

The possibility to have a view on every email sent or received by anyone in the company.

Also that you can register templates for emails (canned responses) to save a lot of time

What do you dislike?

Not much really. Maybe it's not even clear when someone mentions you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the perfect tool if you need to manage customer happiness and provide customer support at the same time.

We need a 360 degree view on our contacts with our client at all time, and that's what Front provides for emails.

Front review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

"Front Makes Seeing Office Emails Easy!"

What do you like best?

We can keep track of anyone that has questions or concerns for our office. It's very convenient and allows for minimal response time.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I don't like. It is very straight forward.

Making sure there are no missed emails.

Front review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"A must-have product for busy operation"

What do you like best?

A simple, user friendly, safe and convenient tool that fully covers our needs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it crashes or the whole service stops working, but it happenes once in a blue moon so not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We never ever regretted switching to this software.

We managed to increase efficiency and team collaboration and are able to make sure not that not a single email is left behind while we are absolutely sure that our data is safe, secure and in good hands.

Front review by Administrator

"Best tool for team collaboration and support functionality"

What do you like best?

Collaboration within and across teams and being able to set up powerful rules and workflows

What do you dislike?

It's sometimes a bit difficult onboarding new teams members and getting them comfortable with all the functionalities!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your team started with it as soon as possible so it doesn't interrupt an existing workflow.

Front allows us to automate a lot of our support workflow, as well as collaborate across messages, which has been extremely powerful. This saves us a lot of time and mistakes.

Front review by Markus W.
Markus W.

"We love using Front instead of the old school mail applications like Outlook, Apple Mail & Co."

What do you like best?

The great support and fast working application on Mac and iOS.

We can assign mails directly to our team mates and can chat within the mail conversation in our team.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little bit cheaper like other companies (Dropbox, Office 365, Google Work) etc.

Fast replying. Assign mails to my stuff. Chat within the mails to get faster feedback to answer to our clients.

Faster inbox zero!

Front review by Jason P.
Jason P.

"Best Email Tool by Far"

What do you like best?

internal comment feature, routing, canned responses, reminders, and snooze!

What do you dislike?

Search could be improved. Not quite at the level of native google app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and then good luck trying to quit.

Coordinating multiple teammembers around a single email stream.

"My thoughts on front"

What do you like best?

I like that I can text, chat and email all my clients on one platform and I can log on anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how sometimes people do not receive and I don't received messages. It's hard to configure away message. Also, I don't like how we can't group message

Recommendations to others considering the product

an appt booking system and calendar.

I run a cosmetology business. It helps me stay organize with the conversations fo my clients.

Front review by Noah B.
Noah B.

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

The frequent updates, the attentive product team and the overall experience.

What do you dislike?

The integrations could use work -- would be amazing to have an all-in-one phone, chat and email service.

communicating with our customers

Front review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Front is Awesome"

What do you like best?

I like that everyone can work from the same inbox

What do you dislike?

There is a lack of font and color choices

We can see what everybody is working on so we don't double send emails.

"Great for emails"

What do you like best?

Front is a great app for keeping all email accounts in one place. It’s also great for allowing multiple team members The ability to see what’s going on without joint email addresses

What do you dislike?

It can be easy to lose email so with front

Front allowed us to have multiple people watching our customer service emails and make sure people responded in a timely manner.

"Driving Team Collaboration"

What do you like best?

We love the ability to work on emails together. Tagging one another on threads has streamlined our communication

What do you dislike?

Nothing we don't like! So far Front has been great :)

Previously we had to copy out emails to files, or forward things to teammates. Now we are able to keep everything in one place, with a full history of what everyone did.

Front review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Powerful & easy"

What do you like best?

Simple team collaboration! The send, archive, and snooze features are also key.

What do you dislike?

It's not cheap! It's worth it's value, but not everyone can afford that.

Before Front, we were using Mail. Collaboration was incredibly difficult, and follow-ups were a flagged nightmare. Now, we have the amazing send, archive, and snooze features, that allow us to seamlessly follow up with clients!

Front review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Great software for sharing emails in a team."

What do you like best?

Ability to share and assign emails within a team.

What do you dislike?

SMall learning curve for how to use the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great piece of software

Multiple employees can share information easily and work more effectively on the same problems.

Front review by Administrator

"Front is perfect for our small business! "

What do you like best?

I love that Front allows for @mentioning team members. It has elevated the level of communication outside of the never-ending email chains of old.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Front automatically archives emails out of a shared inbox from one collaborative email to another.

Communication is as direct and efficient as it has ever been.

Front review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Fantastic! "

What do you like best?

Front is easy to use and visually pleasing! The customer support is quick to respond, very friendly and very detailed, fantastic tool!

What do you dislike?

I have not run into anything I dislike.

As the business grows, organization is very important to ensure nothing is missed or left behind. The comment feature allows us to discuss a situation within a particular email, keeping everything together within Front.

"Inbox way easier"

What do you like best?

How front can add several inboxes, personalized responses, different fonts and create tags.

What do you dislike?

Cannot be customize that much, it only has two themes which is kind of boring.

We received emails and supports requests from our users that need help and also we control social media accounts directly from the app.

"Useful tool"

What do you like best?

Having a centralised tool to access multiple shared email accounts and histories

What do you dislike?

There should be more integrations. Having for example intercom and slack integrations would help us centralise all decision making processes

Access the shared conversations of all employees to have a better overview of our business and react to clients faster

Administrator in Internet

"Great platform for team communication collaboration"

What do you like best?

Responsive product team that is building a great tool for teams that need to share access to customer contact and focus on their needs.

What do you dislike?

The UI and concepts are heavily focussed on email (by design), the team could stand to explore more novel user interface paradigms to better support other forms of communication that work with Front.

We manage most of our customer support using Smooch and Front.

"We love Front"

What do you like best?

Front allows us to collaborate better as a team!

What do you dislike?

Not much. Some of the functions require a little bit of a learning curve, but for the most part it's super intuitive.

Emails from clients never fall through the cracks now; our overall client satisfaction is much higher.

Front review by Administrator

"Front is an amazing tool!"

What do you like best?

An amazing tool that allows to handle not just emails but our channels of communication effectively.

What do you dislike?

That there are not more options to customise the desktop app.

Allows us to not miss any message from any client and to respond in record times

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The ability to collaborate and help customers as quickly as we can.

What do you dislike?

That we cannot open .eml attachments or send proper meeting events like you can with Microsoft Outlook.

Streamlining customer service and sharing knowledge with other employees.

Front review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Front - great app with some nimor flaws"

What do you like best?

Being able to read team mates messages and help them with their cases

What do you dislike?

there is no drag and drop functionality. we should have Font options and bullet points

decrease response time

"Great Program!!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to tag users instead of email directly.

What do you dislike?

Nothing is wrong with this program. I love it!

Several.

Learn more about Front

Front Videos

Learning about Front?

* We monitor all Front reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.