Frontline Insights Platform

Frontline Education is an integrated insights partner serving more than 12,000 educational organizations and millions of educators, administrators and support personnel in their efforts to develop the next generation of learners.

Work for Frontline Insights Platform?

Learning about Frontline?

Frontline Insights Platform Reviews

Showing 22 Frontline reviews
Frontline review by Jessica T.
Jessica T.

"Great Data Management System for Absences"

What do you like best?

Once you log in to the software I like the ease at which you can put in an absence or partial day off. It's very self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

Recently a change was made to the main login page. It took me and another colleague probably 15 minutes to figure out how to get into the system to put in an absence. Before it just took me directly to the log-in screen then to the place where I enter my info.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Frontline for business solutions in the academic setting. They have streamlined the way that teachers put in their absences and days off, as well as other staff on campus. The layout of the new interface took just a little time to adjust to seeing as the change from our other product was not that much different. It was a little more difficult to login at first but now having used the new system pretty regularly, I am much more use to the program.

A business problem that is solved with Frontline is streamlining absences of the staff on campus in one place, as well as with all the staff on campus not just the teachers who need substitutes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Frontline Insights Platform
Frontline review by Farnaz H.
Farnaz H.

"Frontline absence management has made my job much easier."

What do you like best?

I get all the absences in the next several months for the whole district and I can pick and choose any substitute assignment I like in any school I prefer. It gives lots of preferences. You can block out the schools you dont prefer, the timings you dont want a call and block out any days youre busy as non work days. It also merges several districts if you happen to work for more than one.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I ever had was when I put in a non work day by mistake and wanted to take it off. I could not delete it. luckily I had the contacts for the schools so I called them to see if they needed a sub, otherwise I would have gone jobless for that day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its user friendly and organises yur life.

i can plan the next several days of work with this application. Previously I used to be awaken by the school management to tell me Im needed at school. it has taken the guess work out of subbing.

What School Resource Management solution do you use?

Frontline review by Meggin L.
Meggin L.

"Need Substitute Teachers? Get Frontline!"

What do you like best?

Their program allows us to get the substitutes that we need when our sick (cough, cough) teachers call in. It is a very easy system for them to use, and they have a pretty decent success rate.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if there was a way for teachers to be able to cancel a sub job on their own. Currently, we have to do it ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider it if I were looking for such a service. I don't know how they compare price-wise though.

Teachers calling sick can be devastating to our daily schedule. Frontline provides the platform for how we find substitute teachers.

Frontline review by Nick A.
Nick A.

"Frontline does a little bit of everything"

What do you like best?

The ability to digitize everyday forms and apply routing procedures to help manage them. With so much made about going paperless and saving time, the best feature is setting up specific routing paths so that the forms get to the people they need, and can be approved in a digital manner like a digital "signature".

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, there isn't the ability to create forms on your own. Everything pretty much has to run through Frontline, which is time consuming. The ability to be able to create forms on my own would go a long way. Also, even if Frontline creates the form for you, making edits isn't easy and often times you need to let them know to make the necessary changes. Again, time consuming. They have been nice about the process though, and willing to make the changes, as often as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of options and features with Frontline, as they pretty much do everything that is needed in education, and recent teaming with Aesop just solidifies this notion. A good program for all things professional development, with the ability to create workshop catalogs, allow staff to register for events/workshops, and award/track professional development hours. I would make Frontline a consideration, but note that things aren't always easy with this platform and can at times be frustrating.

Paperless archive of district forms, digital forms with designated routing procedures, assessment and evaluation tools, and tracking of professional development for staff.

Frontline review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Frontline Applitrack a breeze for consortium districts"

What do you like best?

Our county is in a consortium for recruitment and we enjoy the shared data. Frontline makes it easy for applicants to apply for multiple positions with a single application, at multiple districts within out region. It is a time saver for the applicant as well as for the hiring managers. On the consortium level, we enjoy the ease of use and the reporting and filtering. Going through applications in realtime is a saver. Multiple users can review submissions at the same time and all users see their notes. It has been a tremendous help in information sharing.

What do you dislike?

The consortium is limited in how data and add-ons can be used. Overall, we find more positive than negative in the consortium model for our region.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Frontline has made our applicant tracking and recruitment easier than ever.

We are using Frontline for applicant tracking. This platform give a "one stop shop" for our applicants. We are able to share data and review information across districts in the region.

Frontline review by Carol L.
Carol L.

"Frontline Insights - User Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of accessing the application on my phone and view all of my priority information. It makes needing a substitute and submitting the request so much easier that having to log into my computer. The website is easy to navigate, it has places to upload needed documents to both the supervisor and the substitute. It has a place to list preferred substitutes and gives those substitutes preferential treatment. I like that I am able to leave feedback for my substitutes. I like that it automatically notifies my principal and secretary that an absence has created. It also notifies them when the position has been filled.

What do you dislike?

Not all districts that use the web based program utilize the mobile app. It took a little bit to figure out how to locate my absence balance reasons as well as how to select preferred substitutes. This isn't totally a fault of the program, but partially the district not providing training.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, it is friendly and easy to use.

It makes assigning substitute teachers to needed positions easier than previous programs. Teachers can access all of their available days for sickness, personal, etc. Teachers are able to leave feedback for substitute teachers. Teachers are able to upload lesson plans so the sub can access them before they arrive.

Frontline review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Frontline"

What do you like best?

I love their technology! I use it for school . It is so easy to access IEPs as well as call out of work!! I am able to request a sub without calling into work!

What do you dislike?

I’m happy with this company and do not have any dislikes!

There are so many benefits to frontline. Substitute teachers can easily pick up jobs and teachers can easily put in their time off. The IEP portion of frontline is so easy to access and manipulate. I am able to write IEPs without any issue! It is so organized and clear cut

"First Year"

What do you like best?

I like that Frontline keeps track of training, when they are and which ones I have participated in. Having this online allows for more organization rather than having papers in a filing cabinet for myself, as well as administrators.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that after a certain amount of time courses become stuck in "limbo" between being approved and being completed. I have needed to contact administration to "complete" courses in order for them not be stuck being labeled as "in-progress".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you complete any training or any closing surveys right after the training. Following a period of time they become trapped "in-progress".

Frontline is allowing for district wide professional development to be better organized and allow for participants to register for the courses that they which.

User in Education Management

"Aesop/Frontline and Absence Management"

What do you like best?

In the short <6 months we have used this product, our teachers, employees and classified staff have enjoyed the change immensely, and it has shorted our down time.

What do you dislike?

It was fast and easy - a great switch from SADIE, our previous absence management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aesop/Frontline does the GUI interface well, and sets up companies fast. My previous company, the Evergreen School District, also switched from SADIE to Aesop and it was universally accepted, much easier, and set the company on better ground overall. The addition of selecting preferred substitutes while you are home sick is amazing.

Absences, teacher substitutes, time off, etc.

Frontline review by User in Higher Education

"Appraising tool"

What do you like best?

It's a good way to communicate between the appraiser and the employee as it stores the entire comments and documents used for an educator evaluation.

What do you dislike?

It can offer more folder systems. All documents are placed in the form of a list and it is difficult to get to the form I need in a short time.

Entire employee performance evaluation is done using this software. Yearly goals are set here. Appraiser comments and post conference feedback is store here.

User in Education Management

"Easy to use and schedule your absences "

What do you like best?

We use this software to create and schedule absences for teachers. It is very easy to use. Substitute teachers can block out dates they are unavailable and administrators/teachers can easily identify their preferences for a guest teacher.

What do you dislike?

I would like more notification options. For example, there should be a function to notify substitutes when a new job has posted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for absence management, great for school districts

Scheduling for teachers and substitutes

"A Great Resource"

What do you like best?

I like that the program's interface is very streamlined and clean looking. It also allows flexibility on both the teacher and administrator's side.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike about the program. The only one would be it is difficult to look through prior absences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to anyone considering Frontline to just use it.

This program has allowed for a one stop webpage to prepare for being absent.

User in Education Management

"Frontline Apllicant Tracking Sysytem"

What do you like best?

You can do a job requisition and then track all applicants in one place

What do you dislike?

There is not much bad that is bad that I can say about this product

Able to see multiple applicants at one time and am able to pick which ones I want to look at and when I am done looking at one takes me right back to the list of applicants.

Frontline review by Justin S.
Justin S.

"Excellent Systems for Teachers"

What do you like best?

- Easy interface

- Confirmations for absences

- Notifications about evaluations

What do you dislike?

Too many emails about irrelevant professional development offerings

- Seeing observation reports

- Obtaining substitute coverage

- Tracking professional growth

Frontline review by Melissa V.
Melissa V.

"Frontline in dadeschools "

What do you like best?

Frontline is the platform used for the Online learning communities platform. I like the easy to use tools and navigation through the various tools and features.

What do you dislike?

The website is only sourced through the district making it difficult to reach help when the system crashes.

Dadeschools uses it for the all eductation teachers and it’s learning professional developments

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Great Use for Education"

What do you like best?

This program can be used for multiple necessary issues at schools, especially finding substitutes.

What do you dislike?

I enjoy the updated version but there are parts that could still use some revamping.

No problems with this. The benefits were personal use when I used to be a substitute teacher and was on the search for upcoming jobs, even if they were last minute.

" A VERY COOL PRODUCT"

What do you like best?

The product is really easy to use and it works on mobile phones, tablets, laptops, desktops very well. The product looks really fast on any internet connection.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about it because the product is relative to my job in a positive way.

A easy way to access the jobs for my job.

Frontline review by User

"Frontline covers everything"

What do you like best?

Frontline has everything you need, all in one place. Easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Can take some getting used to in the beginning, to learn how to navigate it all

Recommendations to others considering the product

We

We use Frontline for various purposes in the public school system. To manage online portfolios, absences, iep's.

Frontline review by User

"Effective product"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to leave commentary for other professionals and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Logging me out when I minimize the page, can make going between calendars take a long time on a mobile device.

Allows for teachers to quickly find coverage.

"substitute system"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of putting in for a substitute.

What do you dislike?

It is always tricky to find what to click on to leave feedback for subs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems to work well!

Subs when teachers need to be out.

User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Awesome sub management system!"

What do you like best?

How simple it is to log in and create an absence.

What do you dislike?

I can’t see how much sick time i have left

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Solving the lack of coverage for teachers classrooms.

"versatility"

What do you like best?

multiple functions that are easy to access

What do you dislike?

having to change dates for searches for archived materials

no problems, just increased effeciency

Learning about Frontline Insights Platform?

* We monitor all Frontline Insights Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.