FunctionFox

FunctionFox streamlines your timesheet and project management process with all the right tools, allowing your creative team to spend less time on administration and Stay Creative!

Work for FunctionFox?
Kronos workforce cenral time tracking  2x

Learning about FunctionFox?

FunctionFox Reviews

Showing 28 FunctionFox reviews
FunctionFox review by User

Get in and Get out

What do you like best?

I am a contractor so it makes submitting my time back to my agency very easily. Its very no frills and once you're in, requires little training. Literally - enter my time. Submit. Done.

What do you dislike?

Software overall looks outdated. I think the company looks really cool but once you're in its just like a grey calendar. Also the timer function should be less easy to select. I feel like it sits on top of the regular time submit function and I always hit it by mistake. Without fail. SO you need to be careful not to do that or else it will begin counting your time and mess things up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think everyone uses time-sheet products differently but I love that I can go in at a month at a time and enter the days/times I worked or didn't. Makes life easy especially since my job is do be a consultant not a time tracker.

My Agency uses it to track all of our (contractors) time. I sit and work and even have an email from a completely different company but I am hired by an Agency so it's easier to keep us honest about our time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FunctionFox
FunctionFox review by <span>Mary A.</span>
Mary A.

Keeps control of our Chaos

What do you like best?

This system gives me the power to set specific work hours for employees, and their color system lets me know when I'm close to scheduling all of their open hours for that day.

What do you dislike?

It's the smallest thing, but when an action spans more than one day, it shows up in the "upcoming actions" of the to-do list instead of "today's actions." All this means is our workers actually have to look at either the start dates of tasks or the calendar view, so it's not a real problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support is amazing. Talk to someone from their company and have them give you a demo to see if this system would work well for your needs.

I'm able to keep track of all aspects of all of our projects in one place.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

FunctionFox review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

Love Function Fox!

What do you like best?

Easy to use & I love the fact that my employees can access anywhere they are with internet connection. They also have an App for your phone so you can have your time updated on the go.

What do you dislike?

I would rather not have to pay a monthly fee per user & I would like the ability more easily create custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good customer service & very good user friendly software. My employees are able to figure out how to use with little or no training. It has helped our company be more organized and has given us the ability to better track projects and costs helping the bottom line.

We have multiple offices locations and employees that are traveling a great deal. Our old system was very difficult to access when not in the office so our records are much more accurate & up to date. This makes billing clients so much easier!

FunctionFox review by <span>Jason K.</span>
Jason K.

Foxy on Function Fox!

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Reports/CEO Dashboard

Time/project tracking

What do you dislike?

Does not have specific functions for change order/scope change management

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will change your organization for the better!

When I started at Keystone Click, BrightPod was their PM software for web development...not the right platform for the agency, as:

-Projects were being delivered late and over budget

-Resources were consistently overallocated

-UX was too busy/confusing

-Reports were confusing/lacking

-Workflows (templates) didn't work for us

-Accountability in getting work done within scope/budget and on time did not exist

I researched other platforms and narrowed it down to three: FunctionFox, Function Point, and Paprika. In the end, we determined FunctionFox was the best solution, and it's made my job so much easier. Within 3 months projects were on-time/under budget, and I could not have turn things around so quickly without FunctionFox!!!

Oh, and their account reps are top notch. Kate is ALWAYS there when I need her; whether it's for advice on best practices, random questions, or reminding me how to find an employee's availability to work on an urgent request. Some days I don't know what I would do without her!

FunctionFox review by <span>Jeremie W.</span>
Jeremie W.

I am a huge FunctionFox fan!

What do you like best?

Simple, clean design, easy to use.

I am a Design Director and we have used FunctionFox for well over a decade. Every Monday morning we have a traffic meeting and I quickly populate my timesheet for the week. It helps me stay organized to get a lot done. The time tracking software helps keep everyone in our shop creative with plenty of billable hours. It is so easy to use, we keep track of our time and expenses so efficiently. FunctionFox has really allowed us to focus on the fun part of our jobs – being creative!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of much I don't like about FunctionFox. It doesn’t actually do my work! ;-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this for mid size and small creative companies. It is an integral part of my day. I hope on for a few seconds to track a project and then hop off. This product might not be robust enough for a larger company (40+ people).

We are all flying, juggling multiple projects. It helps us organize and prioritize our projects. It has allowed us to stay highly billable and focus on the fun / creative part of our jobs.

FunctionFox review by <span>Bonney K.</span>
Bonney K.

I Love FunctionFox

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of FunctionFox. As a Production/Traffic Manager in a busy little shop it keeps me organized and on top of things. I've been using it faithfully for over nine years and quite frankly, it's made me a better manager. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins and the same goes for FunctionFox. True fact.

Every Monday morning I generate work in progress (WIP) and to do lists for our weekly Production/Traffic meetings. Nothing keeps agency folks more organized and on track than starting their week off on the same page, with the same goals. FuncitonFox helps us do that.

Besides using it for my daily time sheets, I use it to set up meetings, briefings and brainstorming sessions; produce cost reports (past and present); and to reference specs and costs for printing, manufacturing and other hard costs. It gives me the complete picture in one quick and handy place. I also use the calendars to see what's hot for the day or what's not; what needs my immediate attention and what I can push to the side of my desk for the moment.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike about FunctionFox.

The great thing about FunctionFox is that I can use it as little or as much as I need on any given day. I'm not a slave to it. It works for me and I love having it in my toolbox.

Learning about FunctionFox?

* We monitor all FunctionFox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.