FunctionFox

FunctionFox streamlines your timesheet and project management process with all the right tools, allowing your creative team to spend less time on administration and Stay Creative!

Work for FunctionFox?

Learning about FunctionFox?

FunctionFox Reviews

Ask FunctionFox a Question
Showing 33 FunctionFox reviews
FunctionFox review by Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.

"Great time-keeping tool"

What do you like best?

I like that you can go back and view the time you entered in the past. I like the timer function that you can click when you start a project and it keeps track of your time. I like how it will do the math for you when you view the week's worth of time in.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a way to view the time my coworkers have put in -- now I believe that feature is only available to the administrator. I don't have any complaints about this time-keeping program. It is simple to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know what our office is paying for FunctionFox, but if you can afford it, I highly recommend the system for keeping track of employee time, both for payroll and for billing clients.

Our office uses this program to keep track of our time, which has two benefits. First, it helps with billing when we can quickly figure out how much time went into a project. Second, it helps with payroll.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FunctionFox
FunctionFox review by User

"Get in and Get out "

What do you like best?

I am a contractor so it makes submitting my time back to my agency very easily. Its very no frills and once you're in, requires little training. Literally - enter my time. Submit. Done.

What do you dislike?

Software overall looks outdated. I think the company looks really cool but once you're in its just like a grey calendar. Also the timer function should be less easy to select. I feel like it sits on top of the regular time submit function and I always hit it by mistake. Without fail. SO you need to be careful not to do that or else it will begin counting your time and mess things up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think everyone uses time-sheet products differently but I love that I can go in at a month at a time and enter the days/times I worked or didn't. Makes life easy especially since my job is do be a consultant not a time tracker.

My Agency uses it to track all of our (contractors) time. I sit and work and even have an email from a completely different company but I am hired by an Agency so it's easier to keep us honest about our time.

What Time Tracking solution do you use?

FunctionFox review by Mary A.
Mary A.

"Keeps control of our Chaos"

What do you like best?

This system gives me the power to set specific work hours for employees, and their color system lets me know when I'm close to scheduling all of their open hours for that day.

What do you dislike?

It's the smallest thing, but when an action spans more than one day, it shows up in the "upcoming actions" of the to-do list instead of "today's actions." All this means is our workers actually have to look at either the start dates of tasks or the calendar view, so it's not a real problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer support is amazing. Talk to someone from their company and have them give you a demo to see if this system would work well for your needs.

I'm able to keep track of all aspects of all of our projects in one place.

FunctionFox review by Ashley D.
Ashley D.

"Great for Time-tracking"

What do you like best?

The timer is easy to use and the blog makes it easy to communicate with co-workers

What do you dislike?

Creating a project and actions can be a bit time consuming. I think it would be helpful if FF had the ability to set some tasks as recurring instead having to manually enter in every-time.

We are able to accurately track projects and create invoices for those projects. This has taken out the guessing game and provides accurate time for each project.

FunctionFox review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Love Function Fox!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use & I love the fact that my employees can access anywhere they are with internet connection. They also have an App for your phone so you can have your time updated on the go.

What do you dislike?

I would rather not have to pay a monthly fee per user & I would like the ability more easily create custom reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good customer service & very good user friendly software. My employees are able to figure out how to use with little or no training. It has helped our company be more organized and has given us the ability to better track projects and costs helping the bottom line.

We have multiple offices locations and employees that are traveling a great deal. Our old system was very difficult to access when not in the office so our records are much more accurate & up to date. This makes billing clients so much easier!

FunctionFox review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Foxy on Function Fox!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

Reports/CEO Dashboard

Time/project tracking

What do you dislike?

Does not have specific functions for change order/scope change management

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will change your organization for the better!

When I started at Keystone Click, BrightPod was their PM software for web development...not the right platform for the agency, as:

-Projects were being delivered late and over budget

-Resources were consistently overallocated

-UX was too busy/confusing

-Reports were confusing/lacking

-Workflows (templates) didn't work for us

-Accountability in getting work done within scope/budget and on time did not exist

I researched other platforms and narrowed it down to three: FunctionFox, Function Point, and Paprika. In the end, we determined FunctionFox was the best solution, and it's made my job so much easier. Within 3 months projects were on-time/under budget, and I could not have turn things around so quickly without FunctionFox!!!

Oh, and their account reps are top notch. Kate is ALWAYS there when I need her; whether it's for advice on best practices, random questions, or reminding me how to find an employee's availability to work on an urgent request. Some days I don't know what I would do without her!

FunctionFox review by Jeremie W.
Jeremie W.

"I am a huge FunctionFox fan!"

What do you like best?

Simple, clean design, easy to use.

I am a Design Director and we have used FunctionFox for well over a decade. Every Monday morning we have a traffic meeting and I quickly populate my timesheet for the week. It helps me stay organized to get a lot done. The time tracking software helps keep everyone in our shop creative with plenty of billable hours. It is so easy to use, we keep track of our time and expenses so efficiently. FunctionFox has really allowed us to focus on the fun part of our jobs – being creative!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of much I don't like about FunctionFox. It doesn’t actually do my work! ;-)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this for mid size and small creative companies. It is an integral part of my day. I hope on for a few seconds to track a project and then hop off. This product might not be robust enough for a larger company (40+ people).

We are all flying, juggling multiple projects. It helps us organize and prioritize our projects. It has allowed us to stay highly billable and focus on the fun / creative part of our jobs.

User in Graphic Design

"Easy to use time tracking product "

What do you like best?

I like that the interface is easy to navigate and is cleanly designed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are some areas that are not obvious to change such as altering the name of a project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that this product is simple to use and is easy to teach others how to use because they have online tutorials.

Using FunctionFox makes it easy to track what our employees are working on and makes it easy to bill. The benefits that I've realized is that I know how many billable and non-billable hours the employees are putting in a week.

FunctionFox review by Bonney K.
Bonney K.

"I Love FunctionFox"

What do you like best?

I'm a huge fan of FunctionFox. As a Production/Traffic Manager in a busy little shop it keeps me organized and on top of things. I've been using it faithfully for over nine years and quite frankly, it's made me a better manager. I don't go a day without taking my vitamins and the same goes for FunctionFox. True fact.

Every Monday morning I generate work in progress (WIP) and to do lists for our weekly Production/Traffic meetings. Nothing keeps agency folks more organized and on track than starting their week off on the same page, with the same goals. FuncitonFox helps us do that.

Besides using it for my daily time sheets, I use it to set up meetings, briefings and brainstorming sessions; produce cost reports (past and present); and to reference specs and costs for printing, manufacturing and other hard costs. It gives me the complete picture in one quick and handy place. I also use the calendars to see what's hot for the day or what's not; what needs my immediate attention and what I can push to the side of my desk for the moment.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is anything I dislike about FunctionFox.

The great thing about FunctionFox is that I can use it as little or as much as I need on any given day. I'm not a slave to it. It works for me and I love having it in my toolbox.

FunctionFox review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"Time to be a professional"

What do you like best?

It was a big step to start using project management software, but I knew I needed to if I wanted to grow my business. I chose FunctionFoxI because it was best suited to my work flow and team set up. I can customize projects and tasks to clients, build teams, invoice and run reports to see which tasks are taking the most time or if we need to readjust a project budget. When I wanted to do something and couldn't figure it out, their customer service was prompt and friendly. I have been using FunctionFox for 2 years, it is an essential tool that makes managing staff and clients easier, and I love the new look!

What do you dislike?

The initial training was great, and customer service is great. Sometimes I just want a refresher or try out features, and a tutorial or video that I can do anytime would be really nice.

Now that we use FunctionFox, our time tracking and billing accuracy has improved which means more income! Also, the reports have allowed us to review real time into projects and how that time is spent, meaning we can do more accurate estimates, win more work.

FunctionFox review by Spencer A.
Spencer A.

"Project Management made easy"

What do you like best?

Function Fox is great at allowing contributors to edit projects, see progress and complete tasks on time.

What do you dislike?

The user interface looks a little jumbled, could be cleaned up allowing for an easier user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go all in. Use it for all of it's features. Learn them, and utilize everything that's available in order to really get your moneys worth and make the most of the platform.

We use this to assist managing projects with people in multiple states, and offices.

FunctionFox review by John S.
John S.

"Great time tracking + client management software"

What do you like best?

By far, the customer support. They've walked us through, step by step, how to customize and best use their software for OUR company.

What do you dislike?

Some of the navigation is a bit clunky - if trying to setup a new project, one must move away from the time tracking page to the project management page. It's just an extra step that is not necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend reaching out to FunctionFox's support to be trained in proper use and setup.

Tracking both our in house production time and our time spent on Client proects

FunctionFox review by Leigh C.
Leigh C.

"Good system for time tracking"

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly, easy to use. Flexibilityin choosing reports to print/save/share. Flexibility also in going back to add in hours on a day when you might have forgotten them, or altering an earlier tracking.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing to "not like", from my experience with FunctionFox. At the very beginning I did have a little trouble signing in, having my log-in info remembered, but the customer support was terrific and resolved the issue - and it's never happened again

Tracking time to various clients on various projects.

FunctionFox review by Jennie D.
Jennie D.

"This time-tracking software made my business more money"

What do you like best?

I used to manually track my time for each job, but when I started using FunctionFox and it's handy stopwatch feature, I was amazed at how much extra time I was actually spending on projects. This new information allowed me to better estimate jobs and accurately bill my clients. Accurate billing brought more financial stability to my small business. It pays for itself, keeps me organized and I love the new rebranded user interface too! The design is strong and aesthetically pleasing along with easy-to-use intuitive features. The staff are so friendly and helpful. Customer service is phenomenal! Best time-tracking software I've used, hands down.

What do you dislike?

No complaints.

Accurate client billing. More accurate job estimating. Being more aware of actual time spent on each project.

FunctionFox review by Administrator

"On time and on task. Tracking billable time and efficiencies in a small agency setting."

What do you like best?

Its a relatively easy app to use for creating clients, tasks and tracking time. This is my least favorite tasks of the day, and it takes some of that pain away.

What do you dislike?

Trying to change and archived project, or an archived employees entry is difficult, and often results in a call. The support team however is really great. I would suggest allowing users to adjust wrong entries of archived employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use actions to their fullest potential.

Hours are how we make money. So effectively and accurately recording hours as we go is important. The app is extremely easy to use and for training new employees on.

FunctionFox review by Joyce C.
Joyce C.

"Great for scheduling"

What do you like best?

I like that you can view everyone's schedule to see who's under/over booked all at once.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that we block our time as booked for PTO.

Easy time time-entry and job trafficking.

FunctionFox review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for work-at-home"

What do you like best?

This is great for jobs requiring client work, working remotely or keeping track of those who work from home. I use it for my agency work in which I have to work remotely. Also good for keeping notes for reach log-In hour

What do you dislike?

Project managers have to create a project for their members to input hours. Otherwise they can only select what was already there

Keeping track of hours worked, on and off locations.

FunctionFox review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Great time tracking tool"

What do you like best?

FunctionFox is simple and straightforward, allows high levels of customization for your company's needs, and delivers accurate reporting on time tracking trends.

What do you dislike?

While it's nice that FunctionFox has a mobile application, the interface is somewhat clunky and hard to use.

My company uses FunctionFox for its time tracking capabilities - this allows us to make sure our client accounts are being serviced adequately and to recognize trends in employee bandwidth.

FunctionFox review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Basic functionality, would like better reporting tools"

What do you like best?

I like that I can download .csv files of hours used/tracked on projects

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to see the percentage of hours used for each client

FunctionFox helped us easily track our time. The stop/go clock icon is awesome. From tracking our time so well, we are able to see how long projects actually take, which helps in estimating costs and making sure our pricing is accurate.

FunctionFox review by Dashaun G.
Dashaun G.

"Function Fox Review"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use, ability to track hours and ease of seeing each of the clients, current works and billable hours.

What do you dislike?

None with the latest update. The interface changed with the latest update, but made it easier to use and more aesthetically pleasing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program to use. Easy and simple to learn if new to the system.

Hours tracking for client work done across multiple accounts and staff members.

FunctionFox review by Kris P.
Kris P.

"FunctionFox tracks all my team's hours"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface makes it easy for everyone on my team to complete timesheets correctly and quickly.

What do you dislike?

Slightly dated look and feel of the interface (caveat at the time of this review)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore all of the functionality. It could fill many roles for your team.

The ability to in one spot track total job hours against current job hours used is a life-saver for protecting profit and combating scope creep.

FunctionFox review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great project management, trafficking & time tracking service."

What do you like best?

My manager can create a project with a creative brief and assign due dates to everyone on the team. I just log in and can see what tasks I need to manage on a given day.

What do you dislike?

The time tracking functionality is a bit unintuitive. It is easy to forget to change the day, then I log time in the wrong date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Far above competition services.

We use a single website to forecast, create projects plans and organize clients. It saves time and is easy to teach to new employees.

FunctionFox review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Great SAAS!"

What do you like best?

Tight integration of all features. Each feature set compliments another.

What do you dislike?

New Ajax style time-entry, old time entry screen functioned better.

cost analysis features are second to none. Estimating and being able to compare actual time tracked is key.

FunctionFox review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Function Fox review for design agency and individual user"

What do you like best?

Entering jobs and being able to track who worked on what and how much time was spent on projects

What do you dislike?

that sometimes when i enter jobs it reverts to the last day i entered and not todays date.

organizing jobs within the company based on who works on what. Good for tracking time spent on projects.

FunctionFox review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"Good product for time tracking"

What do you like best?

It is simple to log and track time. Setting up new projects is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

It has little reporting functionality. Not effective for resource management.

Everybodys time can be tracked in one place, allowing for simple client invoicing.

User in Graphic Design

"Great for time tracing multiple projects"

What do you like best?

Ability to start and stop times for various tasks within projects.

What do you dislike?

There is no longer a widget and you have to have a web browser open to use the timers.

Saves time compared to tracking time manually and adding it all up in the end.

"Function fox"

What do you like best?

Ease of time entry- I have to put in several different jobs per day and it's smooth to do so.

What do you dislike?

The new layout. With the recent update it's impossible to find what I need and i spend 10 minutes looking for the correct screen

Time management from both the managerial level as well as employee- I can justify the time I spend on a project b/c I've recorded actual time.

FunctionFox review by Rima U.
Rima U.

"Nice Product"

What do you like best?

1. You can copy time-sheet templates from any date to your current date, which reduces time.

2. It provides facility to start your timer and track time.

3. Users can view their complete month in on screen and number of hours worked.

4. Users can easily view tasks from past.

5. Managers can quickly pullout a reports based on total hours.

6. Helps in making business decisions and resource allocation.

7. Allows me to schedule meetings with my associates and co-workers.

What do you dislike?

1. Overall its a great time tracking tool.

2. The look of this tool can be improved without loosing any existing functionalities.

3. Too many notifications if the time sheet is pending. This can be annoying at times especially if your inbox has smaller size.

4. There is no way to approve/reject hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to help you track accurate time, make important decisions in day to-day life.

Great ROI

1. I use Function Fox, Time fox on daily basis to record my working hours

2. I also use this tool to pull out hours for my associates which helps me in allocating work and make sure associates are not overloaded or idle.

FunctionFox review by User

"Great time tracking software."

What do you like best?

The easy interface and click on and off timers make it easy to track exact hours on projects.

What do you dislike?

There is no more widget to quickly access timesheet.

Quickly access up-to-date hours accumulated on specific projects and tasks within projects

"Function Fox review"

What do you like best?

Great way to keep track of time on client projects. Inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

Time entry is tedious. Probably more of a personal dislike rather than a short coming of the software.

It's great for us since we have a lot of retainer based clients. It's any easy way to determined whether the monthly retainer is adequate.

FunctionFox review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for timekeeping and team collaboration"

What do you like best?

We love the new interface - it makes the new product feel so much more current and user-friendly!

What do you dislike?

It's a bit difficult to go back and correct time entries if you missed one.

Being able to analyze the time spent on 1 project.

FunctionFox review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Timesheets are good"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and user friendly. It tracks time without worry.

What do you dislike?

The old interface looks old fashioned. Have yet to try the new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good stuff

Timing and properly charging clients.

FunctionFox review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Functions, but not intuative"

What do you like best?

Calendar feature, and saves previous entries

What do you dislike?

Adding Projects and Tasks is cumbersome and a little confusing the first few times, or if you have not done it in awhile.

Tracking time well. Able to run more accurate reports.

Learning about FunctionFox?

* We monitor all FunctionFox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.