FutureLearn

Choose from hundreds of free online courses: from Language & Culture to Business & Management; Science & Technology to Health & Psychology.

Work for FutureLearn?

Learning about FutureLearn?

Compare FutureLearn to Similar Solutions

FutureLearn Reviews

Ask FutureLearn a Question
Showing 18 FutureLearn reviews
FutureLearn review by Akshay S.
Akshay S.

"Excellent platform for self-learning courses"

What do you like best?

FutureLearn provides a great way to expand my knowledge and I have already completed more than 5 courses here. All the courses are of high quality and it didn’t cost me anything to learn as it is free to use. All the videos are pretty straightforward and easy to understand with the use of helpful graphics.

The courses are designed in such a way that they don’t take much time to complete and you can pick the best university to choose from for the courses. The user interface is very simple to navigate and you can easily find the course you are looking for in less than 2 minutes. It is very helpful in expanding your knowledge for a job change or higher studies.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I like dislike about it is that it has very less courses for the technical programs like Digital marketing, Programming, Wordpress, and more. I mainly use these thing in my job and I need more of these courses to be uploaded on the platform. Apart from that, it is overall a very good platform for learning new courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FutureLearn is an England based company and most of the top universities are partnered with it, so definitely you can try it to increase your skills.

It is very beneficial for me to improve my job skills by learning new trends and keeping my knowledge up to date about my interests. Also, it provides certificates when I pass the courses which are very useful for me. I have learnt a lot in the field of Data Science recently using FutureLearn courses.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FutureLearn
FutureLearn review by Billy S.
Billy S.

"Lots of courses"

What do you like best?

there are tons of courses available from which you can select the ones that interest you the most, the courses are categorised so its very easy to find what you're looking for. the support team is really great, you got a small support button in the dashboard from which you can contact support, they respond really quickly to the queries. many courses available there are free of charge so you could just jump in and learn the course, well other courses got a fixed fee to be paid to enrol. the dashboard is really beautiful with a color combination of pink and white gives a treat to the eyes. the chapters in the courses are available as articles and videos so its very easy to follow. the structure of courses are really neat with portions arranged to be learned on a weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

for many courses, you can't just jump into the course like other services out there, there is a date from which the classes will star, so you have to wait till then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

first of all there are lots of free courses available for you to start learning from, this also gives you an idea of what you're buying if you're interested in premium courses,

Futurelean is an awesome online platform from which you can learn any courses.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

FutureLearn review by Joel H.
Joel H.

"Self-Paced, Broad Topical, Real-world and Research Courses"

What do you like best?

FutureLearn is an open, online community providing learning courses around a broad diversity of topics. The courses are self-paced with testing rubrics along the way. There are limited windows for enrolling, but completion can occur at the pace of the learner. Content is largely video/audio with some key readings, or hands-on research as applicable, along the way. I have enjoyed the engaging nature of the video content. The teachers are experts in their research and articulate in their presentation. The length of segments allows easy engagement with single segments as time permits. Furthermore, course participants are able to go back and review segments that were less understood.

What do you dislike?

The open nature of the course limits the degree of engagement with fellow students unless enrolled individuals are willing to work at the pace established by Futurelearn. Also, I have found most of the test less challenging and structured more around rote memorization or regurgitation of data instead of engaged learning.

Growing in areas of key information assessment and knowledge acquisition at costs that are free (or almost) has provided the necessary education to tackle new opportunities both individually and collectively.

FutureLearn review by Sumant L.
Sumant L.

"Great place to learn and explore courses"

What do you like best?

I think that this software offers some of the best courses to learn online and excel in a particular skill with minimum fees or no fees. There are good courses for Languages, especially that I loved the most. So, detailed and in easy language. Some of the other courses for Business, Tech, and others have also attracted me and I like new additions also.

What do you dislike?

I think there are least courses for digital marketing, Wordpress platform, blogging, Productivity tools courses that can help to master such skills. If these courses are added I think people will not like to leave this software anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

These courses are short but really conceptual that is what I like and recommend to try once and see for yourself. The courses offered here are sure to help and keep you boosting in your career.

I benefitted after learning the language courses which helped me to implement in day to day life so easily. They have helped me to understand the subject as it should be understood. They have good system to keep track of our progress and find out where are we lacking.

FutureLearn review by Danny S.
Danny S.

"Awesome choise for free online courses"

What do you like best?

What I love the best about this amazing site, where I can choose from thousands of free courses ranging from language to psychology, is that it's self-paced, broad topical and has real-world courses, that are, best of all, FREE! Content on the site are normally video and/or audio with some light reading, the engagingness of the high-quality videos makes us come back for more. Definity recommended, even got some friends on board.

What do you dislike?

As this is an honest review, there isn't anything we dislike, it's perfect! It really is

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll love it! I swear!

We are developing into a more devise company, with all employs learning new languages and more!

FutureLearn review by Su L.
Su L.

"Great learning platform with interesting courses "

What do you like best?

Many interesting courses available for free online. Great for career development and long-run education. Very easy and affordable way of expanding your knowledge and skillsets.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. It has been a pleasure being able to access interesting courses for free!

Recommendations to others considering the product

All courses are free unless you buy a certificate upon completion of the course. Colleges and universities from all around the world offer the courses so it is a really good way of advancing career and developing knowledge.

Career development. There is something in it for everyone to pick up a new skill. Very resourceful.

FutureLearn review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Great free classes!"

What do you like best?

I really like that the classes are organized by subject, easily searchable. I also like that they are provided by top tier universities and are very relevant and current to today's world. I'm working in the technology sector as a digital artist and incoming phd student in the RMS (Research Method and Statistics) program in Denver, so I am finding the Data Science classes to be great right now.

What do you dislike?

The class offerings could be more, I mean there could be more of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

FuturLearn is a great resource for free, relevant classes from top tier universities. It is comparable to EdX and Coursera :)

FutureLearn is providing me with a great basis for learning new information and skills in the technology sector: primarily in data science and robotics.

FutureLearn review by Alejandro S.
Alejandro S.

"Good for learning new things"

What do you like best?

It is very cool that you can learn something new from your house. The courses does not really take much time to complete and they give you task to do very simple. If you want a certificate from the course it is possible to pay for it, but it is possible to view the course for free too. And for personal user, I like that you can distract your time with this page and go beyond your area of development and learn new things.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be very repetitive to watch video and video again and again. It also does not offer courses of everything you would like to learn. In a few courses I did, there was no review of the homework, so if you are doing it wrong, you really do not know if you are going to the right direcction

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to other companies and individuals to learn new things. It is easy to learn and it is not very expensive if you are applying for a certification

We are learning new things and manage for implementation for the enterprise, we tried this page and it help us a lot in the way we were developing and learning.

FutureLearn review by Do C.
Do C.

"It is useful website to gain knowledge from the world"

What do you like best?

I'm looking for a website to learning English and this site is the perfect place for me to study only English but also discover the world through many courses. I really appreciate it

What do you dislike?

Not sure for this one, maybe the cost per courses or I can not access some the old courses I joined

I studied many courses and use the knowledge in my business, that is so cool.

FutureLearn review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great learning platform using comments. "

What do you like best?

The best part about this platform is that you can learn as you go along with the comments / conversation. This makes the platform more interactive and makes it even more enjoyable. The comments can be selectively viewed by selecting tabs such as most likes , my comments etc.

What do you dislike?

The platform is different that the others and its more interactive and i believe how will it handle so many conversations at one time if thousands of students come in and start discussion

Recommendations to others considering the product

The platform is helpful and interactive.

have been learning great stuff on the platform and improving current skills sets. The platform helps in learning and as its interactive

FutureLearn review by Consuelo S.
Consuelo S.

"Great resource!"

What do you like best?

Great resource!

I like the ease of trying new classes on this platform.

What do you dislike?

The way the threads are organized.

They are somewhat cluttered. I can’t read these easily.

I can take classes from all disciplines from across the world.

What’s not to love about that?

FutureLearn review by Mohammed A.
Mohammed A.

"The quick way to the future"

What do you like best?

Many free courses cover all the fields. You can learn everything without paying anything. ease to use for everybody

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the pink color used on the website. Some people ( not me ) think that this website is for girls only.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Change the pink color on your website, please.

I used this website to improve my English. I attended the Understanding IELTS course provided by the British council

FutureLearn review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"FutureLearn"

What do you like best?

Great innovative tool, Very modern and progressive. Great learning tool.

What do you dislike?

A little chaotic at times, can be a bit overwhelming when you are trying to get used to the interface

We use it as a learning tool for new hires and we promote it as a good learning platform for all subject areas

FutureLearn review by Joshua P.
Joshua P.

"Future...."

What do you like best?

FutureLearn is a place where there are multiple universities and this allows one to pick the best school for them

What do you dislike?

I think it would be better if they had a broader base of institutions

The choices it offers presents solutions for many issues

FutureLearn review by John M.
John M.

"Fantastic introduction "

What do you like best?

Courses cover a wide number of different subjects.

What do you dislike?

Very softly led - minimal chasing to track and encorage progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free, professional and effective solution to MOOC learning.

Improving knowledge and personal development. Seen benegits in moral and reduced need for additional training.

FutureLearn review by User

"Best Learning Service Ever"

What do you like best?

I love how Future Learn has a ton of different creative areas you can learn from and learn exactly what you're signing up for.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that there are not a million other classes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth the commitment as long as you don't slack off!

Everyone discovers their own creative interests and how to properly apply them to the job!!

FutureLearn review by User

"Great courses!"

What do you like best?

I liked the courses and how easy they are. Futurelearn is an excellent tool to learn new skills!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing negative about futurelearn.

They offer a wide range of courses that you can take to develope your skills and they also offer career advice.

FutureLearn review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy to use, a lot to learn"

What do you like best?

I like that the platform is user friendly

What do you dislike?

At the moment I haven't found anything I dislike. But I'll update my review when that happens.

FutureLearn provides accessible knowledge for the users. The scheme is really easy to get along with.

Learning about FutureLearn?

* We monitor all FutureLearn reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare FutureLearn to Similar Solutions