FutureLearn

Choose from hundreds of free online courses: from Language & Culture to Business & Management; Science & Technology to Health & Psychology.

Work for FutureLearn?

Learning about FutureLearn?

FutureLearn Reviews

Showing 5 FutureLearn reviews
FutureLearn review by <span>Joel H.</span>
Joel H.

Self-Paced, Broad Topical, Real-world and Research Courses

What do you like best?

FutureLearn is an open, online community providing learning courses around a broad diversity of topics. The courses are self-paced with testing rubrics along the way. There are limited windows for enrolling, but completion can occur at the pace of the learner. Content is largely video/audio with some key readings, or hands-on research as applicable, along the way. I have enjoyed the engaging nature of the video content. The teachers are experts in their research and articulate in their presentation. The length of segments allows easy engagement with single segments as time permits. Furthermore, course participants are able to go back and review segments that were less understood.

What do you dislike?

The open nature of the course limits the degree of engagement with fellow students unless enrolled individuals are willing to work at the pace established by Futurelearn. Also, I have found most of the test less challenging and structured more around rote memorization or regurgitation of data instead of engaged learning.

Growing in areas of key information assessment and knowledge acquisition at costs that are free (or almost) has provided the necessary education to tackle new opportunities both individually and collectively.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about FutureLearn
FutureLearn review by <span>Alejandro S.</span>
Alejandro S.

Good for learning new things

What do you like best?

It is very cool that you can learn something new from your house. The courses does not really take much time to complete and they give you task to do very simple. If you want a certificate from the course it is possible to pay for it, but it is possible to view the course for free too. And for personal user, I like that you can distract your time with this page and go beyond your area of development and learn new things.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be very repetitive to watch video and video again and again. It also does not offer courses of everything you would like to learn. In a few courses I did, there was no review of the homework, so if you are doing it wrong, you really do not know if you are going to the right direcction

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this to other companies and individuals to learn new things. It is easy to learn and it is not very expensive if you are applying for a certification

We are learning new things and manage for implementation for the enterprise, we tried this page and it help us a lot in the way we were developing and learning.

What Online Course Providers solution do you use?

FutureLearn review by <span>Do C.</span>
Do C.

It is useful website to gain knowledge from the world

What do you like best?

I'm looking for a website to learning English and this site is the perfect place for me to study only English but also discover the world through many courses. I really appreciate it

What do you dislike?

Not sure for this one, maybe the cost per courses or I can not access some the old courses I joined

I studied many courses and use the knowledge in my business, that is so cool.

FutureLearn review by <span>Consuelo S.</span>
Consuelo S.

Great resource!

What do you like best?

Great resource!

I like the ease of trying new classes on this platform.

What do you dislike?

The way the threads are organized.

They are somewhat cluttered. I can’t read these easily.

I can take classes from all disciplines from across the world.

What’s not to love about that?

FutureLearn review by <span>John M.</span>
John M.

Fantastic introduction

What do you like best?

Courses cover a wide number of different subjects.

What do you dislike?

Very softly led - minimal chasing to track and encorage progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free, professional and effective solution to MOOC learning.

Improving knowledge and personal development. Seen benegits in moral and reduced need for additional training.

Learning about FutureLearn?

* We monitor all FutureLearn reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.