What do you like best?
1. For our use case, 80% of the traffic was net new.
2. Of the 20% we already had, a significant correlation was present to opportunities which shows value in the remaining 80%. This is continuing to test out positively.
3. The total traffic was way too much to use (1k+ unique companies every few months with conversion rates below 2%), but thankfully you can see exactly what each company is looking at. Sorting unique hits by page type, and then seeing which page types correlates to opportunities, allows me to handpick a workable amount of net new Leads to deliver to my sales team which convert at a forecast of over 12% (average). Not bad for Leads we haven't even touched!
What do you dislike?
My biggest hurtle with G2 was the Leads integration. I was told I "could get the data any way I wanted" prior to buying. When installing, and realizing it was missing this key feature, I pinged the team. They're still a little young, and therefore overpromised.
However, this turned out to be a very positive experience, because they designed and implemented a new API specific to my needs, and fast. Turns out they could get it to me any way I wanted, I just had to wait a few weeks. I now have a Leads API that gets me the data, how and when I need it. They're already listening to the next product advancements, and I feel confident the product will continue to grow beyond its existing value, which is already at this point quite significant.
The team was fast, effective, and easy to work with during the update; Couldn't be happier. G2 boyscout here, if you're charged with Demand Generation, Lead Generation, Scoring, or most anything relevant with Leads - there's a way for you to leverage this data and get value by the boat load.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Get a test data set. Forecast the ROI before making the investment.
Do they have the traffic you need? (size, industry, etc.)
How much of it is unique and net new? (run the domains through your CRM)
How much of it correlates to Opps that you can use? (of those that match, which relate to Opps, are many DQ'd?)
Take what you know of the Accounts that matched in your CRM, lay it over the Accounts that didn't (net new), forecast what you could get out of the net new based on the conversion rates by page type, company size, etc.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
Too many to list here, but i'll cover the basics:
1. Mapping data points with high correlations to Opps onto existing Accounts & routing them (behavioral scoring)
2. Importing Net New companies with activity on data points with high correlations to Opps and routing them (lead gen)
3. Identifying existing customers looking into the space to identify churn (churn prevention)
4. Coming Soon - coloring in the Account. G2 has clearbit data, and the moment they finish porting everything into Salesforce i'll be using this to fill in if the company is the right fit via size, funding, etc. (demographic scoring)