(75 reviews)

G2 Crowd is the first source for trusted business software ratings and reviews. Crowd sourced alternative to traditional tech analyst firms.

Work for G2 Crowd Review Platform?

Learning about G2 Crowd?

G2 Crowd Review Platform Reviews

Ask G2 Crowd a Question
Showing 75 G2 Crowd reviews
G2 Crowd review by Evan D.
Evan D.
View Original

"I've already told EVERYONE about G2Crowd!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about G2 Crowd Review Platform
G2 Crowd review by Elizabeth Rosalyn T.
Elizabeth Rosalyn T.

"New G2 Crowd User"

What do you like best?

I'm new to G2 Crowd, but I'm glad to have discovered this product! I have found the various business software/solution reviews to be very informative and helpful as I research new products to test out and try. Their support team is very helpful and responsive support team as well. When I contacted them to figure out how to fix a bug, they made sure to follow up with me as soon as any updates were available. The personal touch to their customer support approach makes a good impression of G2 Crowd.

What do you dislike?

I wish users were able to edit their personal information after linking their LinkedIn accounts to their G2 accounts. I would also like to see a more improved and comprehensive search feature for when looking for new products within a certain space, but maybe not being familiar with any of the current products out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the market for new tools, check out G2 Crowd and hear from people who've tried out the solutions.

Learning more and more about new softwares and solutions that will help me in my business endeavours!

What Technology Research solution do you use?

G2 Crowd review by Aaron W.
Aaron W.

"G2 is the authority for B2B software reviews"

What do you like best?

G2 Crowd rankings are based on reviews from verified customers who actually use the product - as opposed to subjective assessments from industry commentators. Also, G2 Crowd is becoming a trusted brand built on integrity rather than other sites which are susceptible to fake reviews.

What do you dislike?

The criteria/logic for ranking competitors is not clear. Tiny players with hardly any reviews can appear to rank equally with much bigger players with hundreds of reviews. Also, would like to see more aggressive PR push of the category reports and strong SEO/SEM promotion to drive lead generation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build a systematic process to generate customer reviews - ideally triggered by real time customer feedback process built around NPS. We can help :)

G2 Crowd review by Michelle D.
Michelle D.

"Great product; usability could be improved"

What do you like best?

G2 is clearly a go-to place for writing and searching for reviews, so the vast network of users is a huge plus. I love the reward structure incentivizing reviews.

What do you dislike?

There are a few usability issues that I have with G2. Navigating through all the products can be difficult, particularly when it comes to searching for products that I haven't heard of yet. I would love to be able to use G2 to find new innovative products that aren't really huge on the map yet. Also, navigation can be a bit tough. I have found myself on a page that I didn't mean to navigate to, only to find that I have to go all the way back to the home page and start from the beginning which can be frustrating. Also, there is a chat window that kind of gets in the way in the lower right hand corner. Then, I asked a question, and the customer service rep. referred me to an email address anyway. It seemed like a pretty basic question, too. Sometimes, it is clear that the questions they ask reviewers aren't really applicable to the product.

G2 Crowd review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Great FREE research tool!"

What do you like best?

Honestly the G2 Crowd GridĀ® for SEO was a LIFE-SAVER! I had a short time to find a tool and pitch it to leadership, and in order to do so I needed to be able to speak authoritatively to the differences between my recommendation and a handful of competitors.

G2 Crowd helped me identify a few options I had never heard of, and eventually select one that I'd initially nixed from my list, but which I'm extremely happy with so far!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I 'lurked' when I was first researching; I've only recently set up an account and begun writing reviews myself, so I'm new in that aspect. But so far this free community has been an AMAZING resource!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. USE this free resource to research any software or tool you're looking to implement. Seriously!

G2 Crowd review by Alan D.
Alan D.

"Great idea but slow slow review entry"

What do you like best?

It's a pretty good idea. Clearly we all want a source of reliable reviews to make better purchasing decisions.

What do you dislike?

Slow, slow, slow. The performance of the review submission was practically unusable. It felt like suddenly I was on a 15 year old laptop on dialup. Every rating step took 5-7 SECONDS to register. Worse, they require a screenshot of the logged in app I was reviewing, and the uploader window failed after similar 7 seconds per click to open. I'm stubborn and tried about ten times. And yeah I checked other apps and browser windows and nothing else was slow. Just G2. Pure garbage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to leave a review, expect a slow and painful process like having some teeth removed.

G2 Crowd review by Tom O.
Tom O.

"Not sure the reviews are 100% objective."

What do you like best?

Seems to be a lot of software to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Hard to tell if the reviews were organic or incentivized. I have been offered a number of incentives to write reviews. It would be nice to know the number of reviews that were incentivized. Maybe a software only has a lot of reviews because it was incentivized. In my mind this changes how you look at overall review count for a software.

Online chat help is pretty useless. More than once I was ignored and had the G2 employee closed the chat on me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the total review count for what it is worth. Many incentivized reviews. A lot of reviews does not necessarily mean there is a lot of actual proactive user interest to review the software.

G2 Crowd review by Dan Moorehead, P.
Dan Moorehead, P.

"Customer Service Never Responds, Never Deliver Rewards"

What do you like best?

I would like G2Crowd much better if they 1) delivered promised Gift Cards they dangle out as a false advertising lure to receive reviews and 2) if they actually responded to user inquiries.

What do you dislike?

False advertising. Failure to respond to ANY user inquiries via any of methods for communication - even after 5 months of attempting to get a response.

Continually advertising gift cards as a reward for reviews (which in and of itself seems like "buying" them), and then not just failing to deliver, but continued to spam every few days with more such offers to those who have reported their failure to deliver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time believing the offer of Gift Cards for reviews, or waiting on a response from customer service.

G2 Crowd review by Chandrakant S.
Chandrakant S.

"Great Review But poor Customer support and mail reply no response. "

What do you like best?

The idea of donation is the best. The user interface for writing the review and reading review. The idea it self has a good impact on social experience and views sharing.

What do you dislike?

The Support team is sleeping i think. I had mail but no response by there side and never live chat cause they tell to check user faq or give the link. If the user had already had gone through the link what is the point to give the link and after that no live or quick response for question.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get good support team.

G2 Crowd review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"Effective tool for choosing software and vendors"

What do you like best?

I love that I can see opinions of actual customers that use software on a daily basis. I feel the feedback is authentic and helpful and has helped me make better purchasing decisions for our company. My favorite features are the G2 Crowd Grid, the ability to browse softwares by category, and the ability to ask questions directly to the companies through the interface.

What do you dislike?

I do notice that in most categories I browse the reviews are all 4 star or higher. I like the authenticity of the mission of G2 Crowd and hope that as more people review that it's not just the best reviews that make it onto the platform.

We are evaluating tools to help us with learning management, HR management, and others that will help us scale effectively

G2 Crowd review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"G2 Crowd is My First Research Tool for Finding New Software Solutions"

What do you like best?

G2 Crowd helps me find the best tools for my specific business goals and challenges. It is the first place I go when I need to find a product or solution to address a specific business need or problem. I know that I will be able to stay on site to compare various options based off of reviews, price, features, and other product information. I also use G2 Crowd to find products and services that I was unaware of before. If I do not know all of my options and would like to explore further, I use G2 Crowd to expand my choices.

What do you dislike?

The only part that I wish could be improved, but I'm aware that it is out of G2 Crowd's control sometimes, is updating the Pricing Information for products and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Saas & IT industry, this is the place to go to focus on attaining reviews from your customers.

Finding a business solution to a problem or challenge I am facing.

G2 Crowd review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Don't waste your time"

What do you like best?

I don't like G2 Crowd they wasted my time.

What do you dislike?

They wasted my time with countless redundant questions. They also have ridiculous questions and answers. For example, on this page, I am supposed to indicate "What is my primary role when working with this service provider?". What does that even mean?

And then the choices they allow... they make absolutely no sense. I am reviewing G2 Crowd, and I have to say that I'm either a:

- Project Team Member

- Project Manager

- Executive Sponsor

- Partner

- Analyst

- Analyst/Journalist

I guess they are trying to protect themselves by giving you choices that are all false, so they can turn around and disqualify your review if they want.

G2 Crowd review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"New to G2 ad a great resource"

What do you like best?

G2 crowd is a great resources for learning about different solutions and products that could improve my role within my company. There are many tools available and being able to pick the best tool for the job is very important. It is nice to see what others think about the tools, how they are implementing it, and how they believe those tools could be improved. There are lots of product details that are not widely advertised from the developers of these tools that I have learned about through G2.

What do you dislike?

I was not aware of what G2 Crowd was when I first received a request. It is a little clunky and difficult to navigate at times. I was also not sure how to use it at first, so I had to do a little experimentation. Some sort of introduction or tutorial would have been helpful. I also feel as though G2 could be more successful if they advertised or marketed more. It would also be nice to have a Chrome extension/add on or desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be great to spread the word of how G2 crowd can help improve your organization. It would also be very helpful to write more elaborate reviews. Seeing reviews that simply state "great product" are not very helpful. Be as descriptive as possible and provide some real insight so that others may be able to make a more educated decision.

G2 Crowd review by George William L.
George William L.

"Excellent level of detail, dedicated team that ensure that reviews are all genuine"

What do you like best?

The level of detail for each question is great. The support staff are remarkable. A dedicated team exist whose sole purpose is to ensure that each review is genuine.

And the listing of currently reviewed products is a great tool to help decide between two or more similar products when looking to implement a new product.

What do you dislike?

Some questions don't apply, like for example asking price, terms and cost on a free product, I think that those who submit the product to the site should have the option to tick a [ ]free checkbox to prevent questions like that coming up when they don't apply.

Some well known apps not on the site yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IT's pretty easy to use, so I can't see any reason not to.

Finding reviews of products which we are currently considering using.

Recommending products which use often.

G2 Crowd review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"Great for reviewing and finding software"

What do you like best?

To celebrate my 50th review on G2Crowd I figured I might as well review the site itself. Since finding the site G2crowd has been a great place for me to both find and review software. I started reviewing for monetary incentives but it's actually been fun to see my reviews go up, get marked helpful, etc.

As for finding software to use in different spaces, G2Crowd is quickly becoming my go to over other review sites to find the best software in a space. We used it to find alternatives to pricier software for ticketing as well as live chat. Been very happy with the quality and depth of the reviews and the fact that each is reviewed by hand and linked to a LinkedIn profile gives a lot of legitimacy. Going through the process of writing reviews for the site also lets me trust the process.

What do you dislike?

Some software obviously isn't as reviewed as much as others and lacks sufficient data, and some spaces aren't yet covered in depth but you can see the team working fast to fill in all those gaps. Soon it'll be a very comprehensive site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You're here now so I want you to know the information is solid! The reviews are trustworthy and validated, each is reviews by G2Crowd staff by hand. Trial some of their top products and you'll know the reviews are correct.

G2 Crowd review by Benjamin P.
Benjamin P.

"The absolute greatest site on the web for your software evaluation documentation! "

What do you like best?

This site just flat out ROCKS! This site helped me complete a full software evaluation I was doing on Alfresco and some other document management solutions. I needed supporting documentation for my review and I stumbled upon this site and was hooked pretty much instantly. The site really has great information and is organized extremely well, plus I love that they have all these links to the installation download files for the most popular solutions I was reviewing. Just downright awesome. My bookmark will be forever set to this site!

What do you dislike?

It took me a moment to realize that the boxes on this page below, were meant to be hovered over in order for their links to be exposed, but now that I understand it, I think it's extremely cool, only new users might find it slightly odd at first like me. I might be helpful if they can be rotated via a timer or something so that if a user doesn't hover over them, they can easily see that there's more to it than just the boxes with logos in them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a free site containing recent and reliable information posted from our IT peers. I highly recommend this site to anyone reviewing or searching for software solutions. Most of the information on this site can be used to assist companies in making decisions about possible software solutions across many industries. And it can also assist in obtaining the solutions once they are reviewed! Pinch me! :)

"I enjoy G2"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the ability to find reveiws about importna t tech companies and reading up on my competition. it is easy to do bulk uploads and get to the point

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you dont provide enough reviews to fully read up on what people are doing about the tech comnapies.the contacts are often out of date and bounce alot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

watch a tutorial

you need more contacts and companies, alos make sure the vcontacts arent out of dftae and current so we can grow our buisness

G2 Crowd review by Cortney L.
Cortney L.

"G2Crowd Rocks"

What do you like best?

I love that G2 Crowd is so unique. The opportunity to earn for reviews is fantastic and I really like the platform!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything I dislike so far! I think G2Crowd has the right idea!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would remember to search out specific softwares and platforms you're using and would like to review in order to save some time as there are hundreds listed to go through.

G2 Crowd review by Mykel A.
Mykel A.

"This seems pretty cool"

What do you like best?

They collect reviews of things and incentivise people to write them. This is brilliant.

So far I've been asked to write several reviews of products, some of which I love and some I really do not. This makes G2Crowd a place where people can assert their views about a product without any sort of need to feel compelled to give positive or negative feedback.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing seems terrible. If they sell my contact information, I might get irritable, but otherwise all os well.

G2 Crowd review by Jordan C.
Jordan C.

"Tried to leave a review - Sent back to landing screen"

What do you like best?

Not a fan of many aspects of this site - Don't see much value

What do you dislike?

Completed a review I was asked to leave by a product supplier - This was after 2 days of error messages on G2's website

Went and left a lenghty review, to be asked to login via LinkedIN (I had already logged in) - When I clicked this option, I was booted back to the homepage, logged in, but with no reviews showing on my account

Having spent a long time filling in all the options and writing a long review I won't be doing so again - So G2's client has lost a review due to their system being non-user-friendly

None

G2 Crowd review by Clint W.
Clint W.

"Hidden Gem in any online business marketing strategy "

What do you like best?

Personally, I love the reports they generate which help us make key marketing idea decisions which we roll out on our sites each quarter.

What do you dislike?

I think they could improve the way videos for readers are displayed like a YouTube grid instead of the current format. That's about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go thru the onboarding and sales process as it is eye opening on how they can help your marketing team.

G2 Crowd review by User in Computer Software

"Love the grid map to compare software products"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of G2Crowd is the grid map for different categories of software. It reminds me of the Gartner Magic Quadrants.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's sometime hard to pick the correct category for software because some products are multifunctional.

I am able to search for different software products that I may be interested in for marketing technology.

G2 Crowd review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Worst customer service i've ever experienced"

What do you like best?

The concept is great, and it would be wonderful to have a quality review platform for business software...

What do you dislike?

But this company has the worst customer service I've ever experienced (and that's saying something).

Submitted customer service request 18 days ago. No response or resolution despite multiple follow ups. Will not be using the service again and will recommend that others avoid it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go elsewhere

G2 Crowd review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Seamless platform for business-software reviews."

What do you like best?

That G2 Crowd provides unbiased software reviews and information from my peers and colleagues. It's an easy-to-use platform on which anyone can provide their thoughts on the latest business software. It provides more than 27,000 reviews of nearly 6,000 products across several hundred categories, and more than 700,000 answers to the questions we care about most, making G2 Crowd the clear leader in the space.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes. But the best thing about G2 is the ability to take multiple products (there are a ton of categories) and compare them. You can get user based data and that can be more important than any other type of data. People that are typically using what you're researching and giving their feedback. This is one of the most useful things about G2, user based feedback.

G2 has helped our customers publicly validate us to prospects and has helped us build pipeline and be considered for opportunities where we likely would not have been found otherwise. Also it has aided as a great validation point for customers in meetings and demo's as to our market profile and position.

G2 Crowd review by Cheryl N.
Cheryl N.

"A site that shows our true capabilities"

What do you like best?

That the users can rate our product independently so that people can see what our product is really like rather than taking our word for it.

What do you dislike?

That as G2 has grown the CRM analysis has become more and more diluted so we are compared to CRM providers that are not really like for like.

G2 Crowd review by Boaz M.
Boaz M.

"So much information - the ultimate decision making tool for software evaluation and market research "

What do you like best?

A true comprehensive catalog. The comparison feature is very detailed. Ability to slice and dice the market and understand the true positioning of a product.

What do you dislike?

Greeds are sometime too busy with logos and it might be hard to locate a specific product on it.

G2 Crowd review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Customer Support Does Not Answer Questions"

What do you like best?

G2Crowd is supposed to provide comprehensive reviews of solutions available on the market. I like the ability to compare products side-by-side.

What do you dislike?

Have been emailing them and contacting them on their website to get my questions answered, but yet to get any response. On top of not having great customer service, they rejected this review, so let's try to post it again and see if they actually want honest reviews on their site.

Reading reviews on the vendors I am considering. It is sometimes hard to compare vendors side-by-side.G2Crowd makes it easier.

G2 Crowd review by Luis G.
Luis G.

"If you need to know about a specific software or program, "G2 CROW" is the solution."

What do you like best?

The economic incentives that it generates when classifying the software that is used or has been used.

What do you dislike?

That there are some revisions that do not generate economic incentives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase incentives in reviews that do not generate them.

G2 Crowd review by Partner in Computer Software
Partner in Computer Software

"AMAZING!"

What do you like best?

The G2 Crowd Team is incredible. By simply exchanging a few texts I was able to work with one of their staff members, Travis. He did an excellent job of helping me identify the specific features I was looking for. Then he did the research on what software companies would best suite my personal situation. Great work Travis!

What do you dislike?

My only suggestion would be to move the initial message reaching out to a user of G2 to a more visible location. By popping up in the bottom corner it took awhile to figure out it was even there.

Ease of finding helpful software for the company I am apart of.

G2 Crowd review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Beneficial and Informative"

What do you like best?

When compared with a lot of the other 'editorial' kind of review sites, they often don't have a wide variety of use cases. At G2, the problem is much less of an issue overall because of the wide variety of people who review specific pieces of software. I don't always find someone who matches my exact use case (since I tend to be a unique user and trying to find unexpected ways to use software), but I can generally find reviews of people who use it for something similar.

What do you dislike?

The product list can be a little light for certain categories. These are a few products that I would review that are not listed (ToDoist, for example). I think as they continue to expand their library of software, this will again be less of a problem. I think they could also benefit from a larger number of reviews, which I think they are attempting with the various marketing pushes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for research to see real world examples of how people use a software. For example, I will be writing a review in the near future of a survey platform that will not be very positive, despite the vendors assertions to the contrary. I think thats where the real benefit lies with G2 Crowd, is you can get real world experiences without the marketing /fluff that comes with working with the vendor directly. At this day in age, that's pretty much invaluable.

G2 Crowd review by dhruv g.
dhruv g.

"A very good platform to post reviews and decide on a software/service "

What do you like best?

Genuine reviews

Signing in with linkedin to ensure authenticity

Simple process for writing reviews

Reliable and Quick Support

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. Some fields in reviews that are mandatory can be made optional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very good platform for all the software vendors as well as reviewers.

G2 Crowd review by Josepf H.
Josepf H.

"Smart Reviews by Knowledgeable People | Worth our time to keep it clean!"

What do you like best?

Reminds me of WWF Cage Matches in a good way! I love the head to head comparisons and how G2 Crowd will sort out your options in a BCG type matrix. The reviews come from real hands-on users and the experience shines through. The review base is expanding and I appreciate how easy it is to set-up whole new categories of interest.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is EXACTLY what makes the platform great. It takes time to write out a comprehensive review. That I do not like, however, we get in depth analysis as a result and that I like very much. The platform is growing and it is not fully filled out yet, however, that is where you come in to play! Read on:

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a few minutes and set up your profile. Brew a fresh cup of coffee or tea and settle in to write a thoughtful review of your own! WE ARE THIS SITE. The more care and effort we put into our reviews the better the overall experience will be for all who come after us! In other words, make sure you have a legitimate and knowledgeable POV before you write. We'll all know...

G2 Crowd review by Matthew Z.
Matthew Z.

"G2 Crowd is fantastic! "

What do you like best?

I love being able to just come on and compare different tools I've been looking at, all in one place. They really do a great job and I'll keep coming back!

What do you dislike?

I really can't find anything wrong with this platform

Finding and comparing new marketing/sales tools.

G2 Crowd saves me a TON of time!

G2 Crowd review by Ludwig Daniel P.
Ludwig Daniel P.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Very smooth and easy to use UI . Like the social media feel

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I really dislike good experience so far

Corporate gathering, able interact & connect instantly

G2 Crowd review by Analyst/Journalist in Food & Beverages
Analyst/Journalist in Food & Beverages

"An interesting concept with potential"

What do you like best?

I like the fact it uses LinkedIn as my identity rather than Facebook to review business products. The product reviews are nicely broken up into these boxes of what I like best, what I dislike, etc. Plus I do like that it asks for a screen shot of what I am using for proof the reviews are real. This is a nice bolt on to LinkedIn.

The company is nice and friendly with lots of social invites on LinkedIn.

I see a great future for this type of product, I have already used reviews in my product selection.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scoring in some of the badges, it's nothing major just a peeve for example 5 for 5 even though I have screenshots showing I use the product, they are not scored which indicates a human must review each submission.

The reviews really should have an easy way to post in LinkedIn, this would be nice to save writing articles twice.

G2 Crowd review by Thomas J. C.
Thomas J. C.

"Great way to learn more about a wide variety of software products..."

What do you like best?

I like that the reviews are from actual users, not necessarily people who do reviews for a living. As a result, I feel like the reviews carry more weight. To hear what both very technical and not-so-technical people think about a given product is very valuable to me. I like that there's many different perspectives on the same product, all contained in one easy-to-use site.

I also like their creative use of contests to promote the site and to increase the number of reviews and reviewers. It seems to be a smart and effective model to make the site more robust.

What do you dislike?

I think that because the site is still a little on the newer side, there aren't quite as many products and reviews on products as would be ideal. That said, if they continue to be successful, that issue will obviously take care of itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're in a position where you are responsible for making decisions on what software your company should be using, a site like G2Crowd is a great way to learn more. Their extensive network of professional and non-professional reviewers can help provide invaluable insight before making what could be a very costly investment. If you think of the amount of money you could save by NOT making a poor decision when buying your company's software solutions, the true value of G2Crowd becomes clear.

In short, I would highly recommend G2Crowd!

G2 Crowd review by Sam M.
Sam M.

"G2 allows a one stop solution to get a sense of what you're trying to research"

What do you like best?

The best thing about G2 is the ability to take multiple products (there are a ton of categories) and compare them. You can get user based data and that can be more important than any other type of data. People that are typically using what you're researching and giving their feedback. This is one of the most useful things about G2, user based feedback.

What do you dislike?

The sheer amount of options that you can be hit with can be overwhelming. Taking a very simple example, let's say you wanted to look up browsers. It may take you some time to find and without knowing the category it may be under, you do a search on the site for browsers, hoping it will bring up that category. It doesn't, so you try entering "Chrome" and the search will bring up Chrome. You then see a big button that says "Compare" and that's when you finally see the grid of competitors (round about way for newcomers). It can be difficult to find competitors using the search when you don't know where anything is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

G2 is a great utility when you're not quite sure on a product and would like some more information. Or, if you're unsure of what kind of competitors are in the same space. G2 provides unique user feedback and reviews to help consumers understand what they are walking into with a product and whether or not it would be a good fit. This alone makes G2 worth the time to dig into.

G2 Crowd review by Harrison M.
Harrison M.

"Love it! "

What do you like best?

I have found G2 to be incredibly useful since I first joined! It used to be that the only software reviews out there were either by blogs (who were few and far between, mind you) or companies boasting themselves to be the "best & the greatest". The honesty and transparency is what really drew me in - and it's now my go-to whenever I'm on the shop for new software.

What do you dislike?

Not a big deal, but I think the review sections can sometimes be a bit superfluous at times. I think there should be options for "quick reviews" or "in-depth" reviews.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get on it, now! You won't regret it.

G2 Crowd review by Reverie H.
Reverie H.

"G2 Crowd is an AMAZING resource"

What do you like best?

Love referencing G2 Crowd when looking into different software solutions/technologies. Reviews are very thorough and extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

Integration of leads directly to marketing automation platform/CRM.

Helping alleviate the research process when looking into different platforms and tools. Saves a lot of time and effort.

G2 Crowd review by Harry L.
Harry L.

"Offering the information that matters for anyone considering new or alternative software solutions. "

What do you like best?

I judge knowledge resource and review sites directly by the amount of time that I spend on them and trust what I read. The fact that I have both used G2 for my own business investments and also referred the site to others speaks volumes. Taking out the "Old School" ways of researching software, G2 enables you to get straight into what matters ad that is real life user cases and better still, cases where you can see parity to your own circumstances as a business. G2 offer contests with great prizes and are already have built a strong user base and community with their "validated" and monitored reviews making sure that all information is accurate, fair and most importantly appropriate. A refreshing change with feature reviews giving that added layer of review depth.

What do you dislike?

Right now, nothing. It is simple, easy to navigate and get straight to the data you need. Perhaps more communities in terms of more general Q&A / support and knowledge share. but sure this is one for the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

G2 have got it right by giving users of business software the information and tolls they need to make important investment choices around their software strategy. Great work.

G2 Crowd review by Project Team Member in Staffing and Recruiting
Project Team Member in Staffing and Recruiting

"Trusted reviews from business professionals"

What do you like best?

I'm a skeptic and I approached G2 carefully. I can't say there's any competitors out there. What I like best is that reviews are usually attached to an individual's LinkedIn profile. This minimizes unnecessary bashing and unprofessional reviews. They also monitor the reviews to keep the quality high. Overall, it has been helpful in evaluating a few products that we are considering using and it's been handy to see what customers think of our product (Marketo) and our competitors.

What do you dislike?

The Yelp effect. Opinions are personal and sometimes our reviews might not be viewed in a positive light by other reviewers, viewers, or G2. I seem to have a few reviews not getting points but they reviews and my personal opinion on the product. There's some subjective material here that doesn't always come across well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong. G2 reviewers are people just like you and are using and evaluating business software.

G2 Crowd review by User in Computer Software

"We use this product to find partners in Talent Management software/solutions."

What do you like best?

I like that the reviews are (or at least seem to be) honest and not sponsored.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of something that I dislike too much.

We use G2 in partnering with vendors to provide business solutions in talent management.

G2 Crowd review by Barry M.
Barry M.

"Reviews (by actual users) on a wide range of software platforms"

What do you like best?

I found G2 while looking for reviews on some CRM software we were hoping to implement. I was impressed immediately that the reviews are crowdsourced, so generally opinions are not "forced." I was also quickly entered into a contest for my engagement with the review process, which encouraged me to dig deeper. Win for everybody!

What do you dislike?

I find the Q&A to be a bit lacking or out of date, as it seems this feature isn't used very often by G2Crowd users. this is a minimal complaint, but about all I've found that isn't useful on G2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the reviews, write a few to help folks out that will visit after you, and enjoy the platform!

G2 Crowd review by Thomas J C.
Thomas J C.

"An Excellent Crowdsourcing Tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best, is that G2 provides an easy-use-product for reviewing software, which is integrated with LinkedIn and that offers incentives to review.

It's a chance to compare products and also discover new ones easily by category. The design is also pleasingly uncluttered and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

There are still some products that I would like to see on here, but that list should grow over time.

There is a danger of scant reviews with little to say, simply in order to gain points, so the administrators should safeguard against those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep offering prize incentives and increasing the product list size.

G2 Crowd review by Maggie K.
Maggie K.

"A Helpful Place To Research Business Software"

What do you like best?

All different types of software get rated by all different kinds of people. It's a helpful way to get info about a new platform before we adopt.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. Seems to be a good site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

User info can vary widely from site to site, though this site seems to be filled with professionals.

G2 Crowd review by Project Manager in Design
Project Manager in Design

"Using G2 to evaluate CRM/sales packages"

What do you like best?

We have recently selected, installed and transferred our data into a new CRM package to be able to better manage our sales. It is the first time we have purchased software for this purpose, having managed with excel spreadsheets previously! We are a small business and do not have the resources to employ consultants to help us select and roll out a CRM database. We also do not have a huge amount of time available to do it ourselves and certainly can't afford to make costly mistakes investing in a system that doesn't deliver results for us, fast. We found G2 Crowd invaluable in assessing and finally choosing a suitable CRM that would closely match our needs. It was the only resource we found that we felt offered us a detailed, transparent,honest and practical assessment with no strings attached. G2 Crowd is a brilliant concept and the set up is excellent. We would not hesitate to recommend G2 Crowd and to use G2 again.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike - it would be helpful to have pop up explanations of some of the headers in the comparison tables.

G2 Crowd review by Project Manager in Marketing and Advertising
Project Manager in Marketing and Advertising

"Overall great experience comparing. Opportunity to improve on request demo response process."

What do you like best?

I love the user interface. It has a great comparison dashboard and lets you easily compare ratings and satisfaction scores. I was able to get all the key information I need to narrow down my list of desirable potential vendors. Overall, I really love the site. I plan on telling everyone I can about it.

What do you dislike?

My only concern was that for pretty much all the vendors I requested demos from, I had a rather large response lag time than I expected. Not one vendor reached out to me within the same day. I understand G2 Crowd charges different prices for different referral packages for vendors, however, that being said, maybe an automated email from G2 Crowd explaining the process or setting expectations for each vendor (or all vendors) might be helpful. Otherwise, I would encourage the vendors to follow up a bit faster or pay for the necessary resources from G2 Crowd to address accordingly.

G2 Crowd review by Eric P.
Eric P.

"Easy to use and valuable reviews"

What do you like best?

Its really easy to write a review and the reivew from others were high quality, detailed and very useful in forming a before-purchase opinion of software and services.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I can't think of anything... It was just simple -- walk-up-and-use.

Only thing I wish was that there was more products/services reviewed, but there's already a great start.

G2 Crowd review by Jonathan P.
Jonathan P.

"Reviews You Can Trust, seriously!"

What do you like best?

The rewards you get for giving your honest opinion! I can review on various programs and software I use and get rewarded for giving my view on the product. This is a reliable site, because many of the reviews are validated by the G2 Crowd Company. I have purchased and download software reviewed by people on G2 Crowd and am very pleased with much of the advice give.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reviews do not seem like the people gave their honest opinion or even tried to give a valid and non-vague review. I enjoy hearing what people really feel about the product because it makes you feel that much more confident is deciding whether you want to use the product or not. I think, some of the reviewers should not cheat the system and try to give honest and committed reviews, because if they would like a view on a particular service or product they expect honesty as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend joining this amazing community of reviewers because not only will you get rewarded but products you enjoy are being promoted. On another note, if you do decide to join, review or comment on other reviews. You may be rewarded and increase your involvement! Be honest and add more products and reviews.

G2 Crowd review by John H.
John H.

"The go-to site for evaluating business software"

What do you like best?

Well, you're looking at it! I've found G2crowd to be an easy-to-use review site for business software. The variety of programs is comprehensive; you'll certainly find all of the best of breed options. The comment section is helpful, and encourages dialogue between reviewers and the readers. Being able to vote up or down the review and comments helps to keep everyone "honest". It also seems like the staff is pretty good about interacting with the users and responding to questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

Some of the users "mail in" their reviews with only a line or two of feedback, which isn't especially helpful when you are looking to narrow down the choices you plan to evaluate. I'm often frustrated that I can't validate many programs which I have extensive experience with just because I don't currently have them installed to take a screenshot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

G2crowd is pretty awesome. I highly recommend using it to identify the programs you should be looking at. Very polished for a "Beta" product.

Learn more about G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd Review Platform Videos

Learning about G2 Crowd Review Platform?

* We monitor all G2 Crowd Review Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(75 reviews)