G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd is the first source for trusted business software ratings and reviews. Crowd sourced alternative to traditional tech analyst firms.

Work for G2 Crowd Review Platform?

Learning about G2 Crowd?

G2 Crowd Review Platform Reviews

Ask G2 Crowd a Question
Showing 71 G2 Crowd reviews
G2 Crowd review by <span>Elizabeth Rosalyn T.</span>
Elizabeth Rosalyn T.

"New G2 Crowd User"

What do you like best?

I'm new to G2 Crowd, but I'm glad to have discovered this product! I have found the various business software/solution reviews to be very informative and helpful as I research new products to test out and try. Their support team is very helpful and responsive support team as well. When I contacted them to figure out how to fix a bug, they made sure to follow up with me as soon as any updates were available. The personal touch to their customer support approach makes a good impression of G2 Crowd.

What do you dislike?

I wish users were able to edit their personal information after linking their LinkedIn accounts to their G2 accounts. I would also like to see a more improved and comprehensive search feature for when looking for new products within a certain space, but maybe not being familiar with any of the current products out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the market for new tools, check out G2 Crowd and hear from people who've tried out the solutions.

Learning more and more about new softwares and solutions that will help me in my business endeavours!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about G2 Crowd Review Platform
G2 Crowd review by <span>Michelle D.</span>
Michelle D.

"Great product; usability could be improved"

What do you like best?

G2 is clearly a go-to place for writing and searching for reviews, so the vast network of users is a huge plus. I love the reward structure incentivizing reviews.

What do you dislike?

There are a few usability issues that I have with G2. Navigating through all the products can be difficult, particularly when it comes to searching for products that I haven't heard of yet. I would love to be able to use G2 to find new innovative products that aren't really huge on the map yet. Also, navigation can be a bit tough. I have found myself on a page that I didn't mean to navigate to, only to find that I have to go all the way back to the home page and start from the beginning which can be frustrating. Also, there is a chat window that kind of gets in the way in the lower right hand corner. Then, I asked a question, and the customer service rep. referred me to an email address anyway. It seemed like a pretty basic question, too. Sometimes, it is clear that the questions they ask reviewers aren't really applicable to the product.

What Technology Research solution do you use?

G2 Crowd review by <span>Aaron W.</span>
Aaron W.

"G2 is the authority for B2B software reviews"

What do you like best?

G2 Crowd rankings are based on reviews from verified customers who actually use the product - as opposed to subjective assessments from industry commentators. Also, G2 Crowd is becoming a trusted brand built on integrity rather than other sites which are susceptible to fake reviews.

What do you dislike?

The criteria/logic for ranking competitors is not clear. Tiny players with hardly any reviews can appear to rank equally with much bigger players with hundreds of reviews. Also, would like to see more aggressive PR push of the category reports and strong SEO/SEM promotion to drive lead generation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build a systematic process to generate customer reviews - ideally triggered by real time customer feedback process built around NPS. We can help :)

G2 Crowd review by <span>Jessica M.</span>
Jessica M.

"Great FREE research tool!"

What do you like best?

Honestly the G2 Crowd Grid® for SEO was a LIFE-SAVER! I had a short time to find a tool and pitch it to leadership, and in order to do so I needed to be able to speak authoritatively to the differences between my recommendation and a handful of competitors.

G2 Crowd helped me identify a few options I had never heard of, and eventually select one that I'd initially nixed from my list, but which I'm extremely happy with so far!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I 'lurked' when I was first researching; I've only recently set up an account and begun writing reviews myself, so I'm new in that aspect. But so far this free community has been an AMAZING resource!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a no-brainer. USE this free resource to research any software or tool you're looking to implement. Seriously!

G2 Crowd review by <span>Tom O.</span>
Tom O.

"Not sure the reviews are 100% objective."

What do you like best?

Seems to be a lot of software to choose from.

What do you dislike?

Hard to tell if the reviews were organic or incentivized. I have been offered a number of incentives to write reviews. It would be nice to know the number of reviews that were incentivized. Maybe a software only has a lot of reviews because it was incentivized. In my mind this changes how you look at overall review count for a software.

Online chat help is pretty useless. More than once I was ignored and had the G2 employee closed the chat on me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the total review count for what it is worth. Many incentivized reviews. A lot of reviews does not necessarily mean there is a lot of actual proactive user interest to review the software.

G2 Crowd review by <span>Dan Moorehead, P.</span>
Dan Moorehead, P.

"Customer Service Never Responds, Never Deliver Rewards"

What do you like best?

I would like G2Crowd much better if they 1) delivered promised Gift Cards they dangle out as a false advertising lure to receive reviews and 2) if they actually responded to user inquiries.

What do you dislike?

False advertising. Failure to respond to ANY user inquiries via any of methods for communication - even after 5 months of attempting to get a response.

Continually advertising gift cards as a reward for reviews (which in and of itself seems like "buying" them), and then not just failing to deliver, but continued to spam every few days with more such offers to those who have reported their failure to deliver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time believing the offer of Gift Cards for reviews, or waiting on a response from customer service.

Learn more about G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd Review Platform Videos

Learning about G2 Crowd Review Platform?

* We monitor all G2 Crowd Review Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.