G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd is the first source for trusted business software ratings and reviews. Crowd sourced alternative to traditional tech analyst firms.

Work for G2 Crowd Review Platform?

Learning about G2 Crowd?

Elizabeth Rosalyn T.

New G2 Crowd User

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I'm new to G2 Crowd, but I'm glad to have discovered this product! I have found the various business software/solution reviews to be very informative and helpful as I research new products to test out and try. Their support team is very helpful and responsive support team as well. When I contacted them to figure out how to fix a bug, they made sure to follow up with me as soon as any updates were available. The personal touch to their customer support approach makes a good impression of G2 Crowd.

What do you dislike?

I wish users were able to edit their personal information after linking their LinkedIn accounts to their G2 accounts. I would also like to see a more improved and comprehensive search feature for when looking for new products within a certain space, but maybe not being familiar with any of the current products out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're on the market for new tools, check out G2 Crowd and hear from people who've tried out the solutions.

Learning more and more about new softwares and solutions that will help me in my business endeavours!

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about G2 Crowd Review Platform
G2 Crowd review by <span>Aaron W.</span>
Aaron W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

G2 Crowd rankings are based on reviews from verified customers who actually use the product - as opposed to subjective assessments from industry commentators. Also, G2 Crowd is becoming a trusted brand built on integrity rather than other sites which are susceptible to fake reviews.

What do you dislike?

The criteria/logic for ranking competitors is not clear. Tiny players with hardly any reviews can appear to rank equally with much bigger players with hundreds of reviews. Also, would like to see more aggressive PR push of the category reports and strong SEO/SEM promotion to drive lead generation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build a systematic process to generate customer reviews - ideally triggered by real time customer feedback process built around NPS. We can help :)

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Technology Research solution do you use?

G2 Crowd review by <span>Dan M.</span>
Dan M.
What do you like best?

I would like G2Crowd much better if they 1) delivered promised Gift Cards they dangle out as a false advertising lure to receive reviews and 2) if they actually responded to user inquiries.

What do you dislike?

False advertising. Failure to respond to ANY user inquiries via any of methods for communication - even after 5 months of attempting to get a response.

Continually advertising gift cards as a reward for reviews (which in and of itself seems like "buying" them), and then not just failing to deliver, but continued to spam every few days with more such offers to those who have reported their failure to deliver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time believing the offer of Gift Cards for reviews, or waiting on a response from customer service.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Marty Duffy of G2 Crowd

Hi Dan,

My name is Marty. I am the VP of Research at G2 and look after our review outreach and moderation.

It looks like our team was in contact with you directly and responded a couple of times to your concerns. If there were communication channels you felt were unresponsive, I want to hear about them personally.

Our terms of use prohibit advertising your own products in our reviews, and it looks like that was the reason your two reviews were flagged and not incentivized.

If you would like to discuss this further, I’m happy to chat directly and you can reach out to me at mduffy@g2crowd.com and I can help answer any additional questions you have.

In addition, it looks like you were not sent any gift cards as a result of the reviews not being eligible to be posted on the G2 Crowd site. As a thank you for your time and a consolation for any communication delays, we have sent a $30 Starbucks gift card to you.

Thanks

Marty

G2 Crowd review by <span>Kyle H.</span>
Kyle H.
What do you like best?

I love that I can see opinions of actual customers that use software on a daily basis. I feel the feedback is authentic and helpful and has helped me make better purchasing decisions for our company. My favorite features are the G2 Crowd Grid, the ability to browse softwares by category, and the ability to ask questions directly to the companies through the interface.

What do you dislike?

I do notice that in most categories I browse the reviews are all 4 star or higher. I like the authenticity of the mission of G2 Crowd and hope that as more people review that it's not just the best reviews that make it onto the platform.

We are evaluating tools to help us with learning management, HR management, and others that will help us scale effectively

G2 Crowd review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising
What do you like best?

G2 Crowd helps me find the best tools for my specific business goals and challenges. It is the first place I go when I need to find a product or solution to address a specific business need or problem. I know that I will be able to stay on site to compare various options based off of reviews, price, features, and other product information. I also use G2 Crowd to find products and services that I was unaware of before. If I do not know all of my options and would like to explore further, I use G2 Crowd to expand my choices.

What do you dislike?

The only part that I wish could be improved, but I'm aware that it is out of G2 Crowd's control sometimes, is updating the Pricing Information for products and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the Saas & IT industry, this is the place to go to focus on attaining reviews from your customers.

Finding a business solution to a problem or challenge I am facing.

G2 Crowd review by <span>Daniel S.</span>
Daniel S.

Don't waste your time

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I don't like G2 Crowd they wasted my time.

What do you dislike?

They wasted my time with countless redundant questions. They also have ridiculous questions and answers. For example, on this page, I am supposed to indicate "What is my primary role when working with this service provider?". What does that even mean?

And then the choices they allow... they make absolutely no sense. I am reviewing G2 Crowd, and I have to say that I'm either a:

- Project Team Member

- Project Manager

- Executive Sponsor

- Partner

- Analyst

- Analyst/Journalist

I guess they are trying to protect themselves by giving you choices that are all false, so they can turn around and disqualify your review if they want.

Learn more about G2 Crowd Review Platform

G2 Crowd Review Platform Videos

Learning about G2 Crowd Review Platform?

* We monitor all G2 Crowd Review Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.