(233 reviews)

A complete customer success platform

Work for Gainsight?

Learning about Gainsight?

Gainsight Reviews

Ask Gainsight a Question
Showing 236 Gainsight reviews
Gainsight review by User in Computer Software
View Original

"Gainsight gives you the insides!"

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gainsight
Gainsight review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Great CS Management tool"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has allowed our Client Success team to manage our clients through and through. The tool is key to managing our client life cycle from initial engagement, through implementation and Go Live stages, and following through to Renewal. Being able to trigger tasks for CSMs based on usage and on life cycle stage has been crucial.

The customer support is fantastic. The Support desk communicates frequently when working through submitted tickets and our Client Success Manager thinks outside the box when making strategic recommendations for our business.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a "dislike" as this should be expected, but you really have to put a lot into it to get a lot out of it and to drive full adoption among users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!! Be sure to dedicate the time to the set-up in order to get the most from the product.

Initially, we needed a tool to centralize our client data as well as keep our Client Success team organized with their tasks with managing so many clients. We continue to solve for other problems year over year as our Gainsight CSM digs into our business needs and opens the door to features that she feels would best suit us. Next up is utilizing co-pilot to it's fullest so that we can better manage our low-touch clients.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

Gainsight review by Bryan Z.
Bryan Z.

"Indispensable for Customer Success "

What do you like best?

Having real-time data analytics based on the KPIs we specified that monitor the health of the customer and automatically trigger alerts, tasks and/or playbooks to act accordingly that are visible all the way up to managers and executives. This gives the team the ability to know what's going on with the customer so they can be proactive and know where to focus their time and energy.

What I like second best is the true, 360 degree view of the customer so the CSM can be readily prepared for any customer interaction.

What do you dislike?

Email Assist template functionality is severely limited and can only be attached to Playbooks. Users cannot select a template, so the administrator has to create multiple Playbooks and/or Success Plans to create any variation. Success Plans cannot be cloned and have to be built from scratch to accommodate the variations of email templates you may have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I was not part of the selection process but am thrilled with the implementation, training and support from Gainsight and the overwhelming positive reaction from our Customer Success Team of 100+ users.

We have just implemented Gainsight but our VP of Customer Success has used it for years at another business. With his experience and my comprehension of the platform and business, I'm confident we'll see great results in Retention, Efficiency and Expansion.

Gainsight review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.

"With Gainsight, I can focus my attention where it's truly needed: Customer Outcomes."

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The capabilities and benefits of Gainsight as a Customer Success/Insight solution far outweigh any limitations, which are primarily minor technical or UX and UI concerns. Gainsight has been responsive to these minor irritations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before Gainsight, I was frustrated by our customer success efforts (speed, scope, outcomes). After successfully launching Gainsight, my frustrations have evaporated. I'm absolutely delighted that I can track our Customer Success initiatives, predictive analytics and insights, and customer health indicators from anywhere, from any of my devices, and all in real time. Using Gainsight feels effortless. I would definitely make this purchase again! That said, please understand that the primary challenge to successfully implementing Gainsight and realizing consistent/ongoing value has nothing to do with Gainsight itself; rather, it is your own readiness to transform business and operating models, as well as culture.

Our business (and industry) is still transitioning from physical product/on-prem business models to a SAAS/Subscription model. Before implementing Gainsight, we managed our Customer Success efforts as best we could (with imperfect tools and difficult-to-reach data, sourced from dozens of separate systems). Thanks to a well-planned and executed implementation of Gainsight, we now have several current as well as predictive measures of customer health, churn, value, etc.

Gainsight review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"The BEST Customer Success Tool - Endlessly customizable for your needs"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is an incredible tool. Our ability to manage risk and drive renewals is incredibly robust thanks to the automation and excellent features from Gainsight. The tool's repertoire of features has grown faster than our Customer Success business processes, which leaves us always finding new ways to succeed without waiting for new development. We strongly benefit from the survey tool and scorecard functionality.

What do you dislike?

Gainsight's only drawback is its tendency to drop unused features silently and allow them to become out of date or out of touch with the rest of the platform. I would love to see a more coherent plan with some features, but I think that is not compatible with Gainsight's vision of trying to lead the bleeding edge of customer success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you can devote staff time long term to updating the tool, reviewing new features, and adapting your business processes to match.

This platform has allowed our CSMs to handle larger workloads and service more customers with less effort consistently. No other tool has allowed us to automate the repetitive aspects of customer success while concentrating our human efforts on the customers that matter most.

Gainsight review by Liam N.
Liam N.

"Gainsight has positively changed the way we work with our customers"

What do you like best?

The ability to automate actions based on scenarios and triggers. The reporting and dashboard functionality is great. There's almost too much information to look at!

What do you dislike?

The limited layout options on c360 page that could be improved to stop the need to view accounts in Salesforce. Most of the time we're in Gainsight, but sometimes we have to view info in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't under estimate the amount of configuration and management the actual application requires as you implement it. Gainsight is super flexible and powerful, you will need to dedicate real time to implement it if you want to use it more than simply what is there in a default installationn

We wanted a tool that could help automate many business processes, to encourage consistency in managing risk or expansion scenarios, and to help us scale our efforts as our customer base continues to grow. We're becoming a lot more sophisticated in our approach to working with our customers.

Gainsight review by Jeff M.
Jeff M.

"The gold standard for Customer Success teams that keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is easy to set up and CS teams can get initial value very quickly using basic functionality. It is packed with advanced functionality that can take time to design and implement, but Gainsight offers a lot of self-service resources and best practices templates to assist with this.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is pretty robust, but it can take some time to master the framework for designing effective reports and dashboards. Compared with Salesforce.com, the reporting model is more centralized for admins, and doesn't give individuals the flexibility to create their own reports on the fly.

Provide visibility into customer health and engagement; operationalize and standardize our CSM engagement model for customers at different lifecycle stages and in different segments; communicate with customers at scale; collect and analyze customer feedback as part of our NPS program.

Gainsight review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Great platform for ensuring customer success best practices"

What do you like best?

I like that there are so many areas which will support customer success best practices even though we can only bite off a couple of the pieces right now as we deal with resources to implement as well as considering that we cannot overload our CS community with everything at once. The constant features which are being adding that allow for advancement in these areas gives me confidence that we chose the correct platform not just for today but for years to come. The ease in which to stand up platform and make changes when needed is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I wish they could have been more prescriptive as to the structure of our data based on our business model. I will admit that may have been due to the fact that we thought we could do the bulk of the work ourselves at the onset but now we need to leverage best practices and for that we need outside experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start going as fast as possible and iterate quickly. Bring Gainsight in to validate what you are doing for the objectives you are trying to reach.

We want to reduce our churn and uncover expansion opportunities. We have begun to get a more quantitative understanding of our health status for each of our customers.

Gainsight review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Enabling Customer Success with Gainsight"

What do you like best?

The dashboard views are great along with the ability to hook into some of the internal data we use to track customers. The renewal charting is an easy way to see which accounts I have up for renewal and where to focus my efforts. It also allows me to plan accordingly into the future and how I can utilize my time most effectively.

What do you dislike?

Co-pilot could be a little more useful in terms of email tracking, especially if there was some sort of gmail plugin that would allow you to compose emails and have them tracked for open rates, click rates, etc. Additionally, the tool can be a little clunky at times and give repeated error messages. I sometimes find navigating to things like Playbooks not nearly as intuitive as I feel it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gainsight has been quite helpful in getting a birds eye view, but still lacks in certain areas. Improvements are being made for the better.

Keeping a pulse on customer health based on a number of factors. We ultimately use it to make sure our customers are utilizing our products in the best manner, while enabling them to be successful.

Gainsight review by Shimon S.
Shimon S.

"Customer Success Manager that works with GainSight over a year"

What do you like best?

A really good additional layer above SF for Customer Success Managers.

The Cockpit concept is an excellent idea with all predefined playbooks (customer journey, renewal, Executive Business reviews etc,). Very dynamic and easy to use.

The Cockpit concept is a good approach and solution for managing a huge amount of customers altogether.

In addition, the timeline is a good start for auditing all important activities within an account (such as when our kickoff meeting took place, status meetings, EBR etc.). It is a very useful for auditing purposes, collaboration and transferring account between CSMs.

What do you dislike?

Performance should be dramatically improved.

In addition, an excellent UX/UI designed should be recruited in order to convert GS to 2018 standard in terms of the end-user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I gain value from using GS. That being said, be patient with the UX and the performance.

1 single platform for managing an account. Transpersicny between my self and my manager.

Tasks management platform with automatic tasks (CTAs).

Gainsight review by Melissa A.
Melissa A.

"Gainsight Experience as a Gainsight Admin"

What do you like best?

I like that they are constantly trying to improve the product, so we can grow our success team as Gainsight grows. I also like how responsive their support team is.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how things can be very disconnected. When working with the MDA, its hard to pull in other data, such as SF data, without creating more tables to then copy data into. Also, all of the Advanced outreach details are very difficult to report on because they are all silo'ed in separate tables.

Gainsight has allowed us to grow our success team and give our CSMs more time to actually be proactive vs reactive. This has allowed us to really see the benefits a CSM can make to a customer.

Gainsight review by John G.
John G.

"Fits the needs of a rapidly growing team."

What do you like best?

Gainsight is a great tool for ensuring that all of your accounts are in good health and that they are each getting the appropriate touches from your company and CSMs to keep them finding value.

What do you dislike?

I've implemented Gainsight twice and saw a huge improvement in how fast Gainsight can help a customer get up and running. They really have dialed in their on boarding process which was something that I found pretty challenging the first time around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We purchased Gainsight to help solve three problems.

1.) Make the lives of our CSM easier.

2.) Help manage the team and a metrics and activities that mater most.

3.) Create a very clear picture of the health of our customer base.

Gainsight review by John A.
John A.

"Gainsight increased our efficiency"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has some great features for automating workflows and creating triggers for employees to follow-up on. I'm most impressed with how advanced we can make email automation to reach a larger number of customers and continue to engage or not based on conditions we've defined. There is lot we can customize to target specific segments and achieve outcomes. As an admin, I've really appreciated the new Analyzer tool that can show me which workflows are inefficient and offer suggestions for improvement. Overall, I like how involved Gainsight is with us as a customer.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations on email and CTAs that might be unique to our environment but have hindered full adoption. We'd like our CSMs to be able to not have use their email inbox and be able to cover for OOO using our standard inbox but we can't specify this within Gainsight. There are some limitations in reporting that would help us immensely if they were implemented and occasionally there are inconsistencies in the UI (settings for one function are different than the same sort of settings for another function). We've overcome these limitations but it does hinder adoption as well as the ability to train new user/admins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on incorporating one feature at a time as it can quickly get overwhelming. Gainsight Support and the Community are very helpful - I like that the product teams are active participants on the Community.

We've been able to automate and scale many of our workflows especially in relation to routine transactions which has freed up time for more proactive engagement. We also have been able to collect and consolidate data in order to identify trends within our customer base.

Gainsight review by Shaylyn S.
Shaylyn S.

"Gainsight Strategic Advisory Services"

What do you like best?

Gainsight opened my eyes to the true impact of Customer Success. Through a strategic advisory engagement, we were able to better understand how to communicate value to our customers, segment our customers to develop more specific strategies, and begin to align best practices as a Customer Success team. Gainsight coached us through identifying the biggest areas of opportunity and provided excellent knowledge and exciting potential solutions through their software platform.

What do you dislike?

Our team has not yet implemented Gainsight software.

We are early in our Customer Success journey, and the team today is very reactive. We have contributed to great growth in the business already, and we are looking for ways to continue that growth while becoming more efficient and effective as a team. We have turned to Gainsight to learn how to be more proactive and strategic with our business. We have made great progress in the knowledge around Customer Success but have not yet put a lot of our recommendations from Gainsight into action because we have not yet implemented the software.

Gainsight review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Gainsight for Customer Success"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Gainsight is how granular you can get with reporting. Our CSM dashboards help us get a good handle on where our customers are in the success cycle. We are also able to standardize success plans and playbooks which help keep all of our CSMs on the same page so that we can keep unified success metrics.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Gainsight is that is is so robust that it is easy to screw up if you don't understand the system well before you begin utilizing. We have hundreds of useless power-lists that we now have to go back and groom because we did not understand the process end to end. Perhaps additional training should be stressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the training courses - Watch the videos - engage with your Gainsight CSM

We use Gainsight to keep our CSMs on the same page. We use it to manager customer relationships and analyze risks across all of our customers. It helps us with enablement, engagement, adoption, and more.

Gainsight review by Administrator

"Powerful Customer Success Tool"

What do you like best?

Having everything visible about a customer in one 360 view. The Timeline functionality is helping our CS team keep customer notes in a central place, reducing the amount of siloed information. We like the ability to build a customer health score based on data inputs from various sources. Auto-triggered CTAs are helping our teams stay on top of customer issues that they didn't have access to beforehand.

Gainsight's support team is extremely responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

A few things could be improved. We're leveraging Gainsight on custom Salesforce objects, which makes configuration more complex, and not all features are currently available to us. The platform can also be a little slow at times.

I would love for Gainsight to sync with our CSM's calendars and email accounts - this would make it much more easily integrated into our ongoing CS processes.

Given the robust functionality and change management required, it is a pretty time-intensive system to implement and maintain, but you get what you put in.

We are trying to grow and scale our CS org processes, improve our renewal rates, and improve visibility into customer risks so we can mitigate them quickly. For the CSMs who are using Gainsight regularly, we see that they are able to be more proactive with their accounts. We're also seeing improved consistency in the customer lifecycle and designated touchpoints.

Gainsight review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Gainisight has changed our business"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull in data from all sources and have everything in one place for a true customer 360 view. I also like the ability to share dashboards and customer 360s with external users. The dashboards look great and the functionality is great for sharing information cross departments.

What do you dislike?

The new features in the admin area are becoming less and less intuitive. I also wish they offered certification courses or in person training courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're familiar with SFDC, I would suggest having the admin go through more than just the onboarding training. The admin side is very different than any other database I've worked with.

We now have the ability to see everything that our customers are doing to have better conversations with them.

Gainsight review by Mark J.
Mark J.

"Vice President of Client Services for a SaaS based software platform"

What do you like best?

Gainsight provides the tools necessary to properly manage our Customer Success program allowing our CSMs to proactively engage our client base and ensure they are adopting and having a positive experience with our products. We are able track and manage a health score based on customized scorecards specific to our business providing insight into customers that may be at risk allowing us to initiate protocols to engage and hopefully remove the client from a risk status. In addition, we utilize the co-pilot and email assist tools to effectively communicate to all of our customers at once as needed.

The Gainsight team is also one of the company's biggest assets. Both the Success and Support teams are responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. We owe much of our own success to their assistance and direction they provided from the beginning.

What do you dislike?

The administrative reporting tools are robust and allow us to extract the data into a warehouse to perform the analysis and calculations we need for our business, but I would like to see an improvement in the standard reporting tools to analyze retention/churn and calculate gross and net churn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the opportunity to improve your processes and interactions with your customers. Be prepared to ask your teams and all stakeholders including clients the hard questions: How you can make the customer experience better? What you do poorly? If you could start over today using all the knowledge you gained up until this point, how would you design the perfect customer experience? Approaching it from this direction will help ensure you go in the right direction with the Gainsight installation and setup.

Our SaaS product was new to the market and we began using Gainsight very close to the beginning so I cannot provide an in depth comparison as to what we gained after using Gainsight as I do not have the pre-Gainsight history. However, having been in the software industry for over 20 years, I can attest to the benefits of Gainsight as follows:

- Development segmentation for our client base allowing us to develop specific customer success adoption and management strategies for each segment

- Track the overall health of customers which is critical in today's marketplace

- Our customer success team to can track all of their communications with clients, create proactive CTAs for both ongoing communications and address clients that may be at risk, and identify opportunities for product expansion.

- Access daily/weekly reports for analyzing retention/churn as well as calculate gross and net churn, granted this is done outside the product.

I am confident that without Gainsight, we would not have successfully retained as many client as we have over the last 3 years.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use our existing sfdc data and turn it into proactive insights for our CSM team. Not to mention the support we always receive when we have questions. I have nothing but positive experiences with Gainsight

What do you dislike?

Some of the limitations with scorecards. I would like to be able to create separate score schema's that are specific to the different industries we work with as well as different scoring based on the customers stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see the ability for scorecards to have separate schema's based on defined variables (industry, customer stage). I would also like the ability for the rules engine to modify the status of an open CTA to a different open status. This would be a big improvement in the one to many business model.

#1 problem before Gainsight was churn. We have realized a 20+ point reduction to churn once we implemented Gainsight and Customer success as a whole

Gainsight review by User

"GS has organized my customer's details and AI's to allow me peace of mind in my acct mgmt efforts."

What do you like best?

I like the Cockpit where all of my action Items (AI's) can be saved. I like access to their support cases and deployment details.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that while in Timeline i can have only one Activity open at a time and I cannot move it to a different window. I dislike that I cannot use color highlighting in my Activity notes in Timeline. I dislike the pre-formatted EBR deck download, bc it uses images on each slide, so you cannot edit anything that's inaccurate. I disliek that our Salesforce integration is broken ina way that makes the deployment numbers wrong or non-existent for many of my customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use as many of the available features as possible

I'm able to keep track of my customers in a way that allows me to keep them straight and have a place to go to remind me what they're doing. When you have multiple accounts it can be confusing. (Organization)

Account transition to other team members is extremely simple when you've got a place housing all pertinent info/details they need to take over the account.

Gainsight review by Administrator

"The Worst Customer Experience"

What do you like best?

The customer 360 view is ideal for collaboration and the Timeline area helps keep all notes and tasks in a linear format, unlike SFDC where you have to click into multiple records (Contacts, Opportunities, Accounts) to piece together what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The worst deployment experiences of my career. This is the second company I have worked at where the Gainsight team fails at every aspect of customer service. Multiple churned onboarding managers, most of which are junior developers with no best business practices acumen, lack of responses to emails and calls, in essence the worst customer success team with a decent customer success platform which unfortunately will take over half of our contracts term to just get up and running with basic functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Enforce weekly cadence calls because they will not follow up with you after you purchase. They will ask you to spend multiple days watching Admin videos instead.

2) Make sure to get a right to terminate clause built in, my prior company did not and stopped using the tool in year 1 of 2 contract.

3) Invision hired a full-time system admin just for this tool and is a similarly small-sized company to ours. Smart move if you want the tool to actually work and be adopted.

We need a centralized, consolidated view of our interactions with our clients as well as a one-stop shop for collaboration and success plans. The Customer360 is helpful.

"Useful but not ideal"

What do you like best?

`Certain inherent functionality is nice, like the ability to configure Health Scores based on a variety of factors, which would be a time consuming configuration in Salesforce. Also the ability to insert an NPS (or any survey) easily into an email is convenient.

What do you dislike?

The software as a whole is very clunky in terms of user interface. It's not self explanatory or intuitive at all, and configuration to make the software do what you want it to do is very complicated. Sometimes its the small things...this is a Salesforce add on, in Salesforce reports the report filter logic uses 1, 2, 3, however Gainsight reporting filter logic uses A, B , C,..why??? why is it different from the platform it is used on. It makes no sense to me. Also the email fonts and graphics are severely lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider the costs and implementation time. Implementation took us a good 6 months, and now we cannot consider switching because of how entrenched we are with it, even though it is obscenely expensive.

We have 3 people that manage 700 accounts. Gainsight makes it easy to keep organized with our renewals, client outreach, sending satisfaction surveys and scoring accounts to assess risk.

Gainsight review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"In Depth Analysis In Seconds"

What do you like best?

I love being able to get reports on my clients within seconds, based on various segments and variations in their contract with our company. Gainsight allows me to see the forest without ignoring the fine details.

Being able to keep track of my CTAs with specific steps is incredible! A lot of my job is touch and go, so to be able to track those touch and go's is HUGE!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Gainsight can be clunky when loading in multiple windows. Playing with the scroll feature can often remedy this issue.

With Gainsight we allow our consultants to look at their portfolio of clients and identify when is the right time to reach out to those clients. We attempt to use Gainsight to identify "high risk" clients and create call-to-actions to attempt to reverse that negative health and turn that client into a long standing client.

We also use Gainsight to help identify clients in terms of where they are at with their onboarding process. Finding clients who have been neglected during the onboarding process can be a huge detriment in the long-term life of a client. Using Gainsight we created reports that will let us know when certain clients have not been reached out to recently or who haven't completed specific steps in a CTA we created for onboarding new clients.

Gainsight review by Shawn H.
Shawn H.

"All your data in 1 place"

What do you like best?

We have 6 different systems that feed client data into Gainsight, saves our Client teams a lot of time to have 1 system with all the information.

What do you dislike?

Implementation team wasn't as knowledge about data integration as I expected, but we worked through it and got all the different integrations working

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support team and very flexible product, often find more than 1 way to meet a business need

360 degree view of the client that includes objective data from our different sources as well as subjective data from the people who manage each account. Keeps Customer Success team focused on tasks at hand and being more proactive than reactively responding to emails.

Gainsight review by Lukas Q.
Lukas Q.

"Helpful, relevant tech + great people"

What do you like best?

Leading technology in the space, they listen to customer feedback and build for our need. The dashboard views of health, activity and performance are great for visibility into team and account health. Whereas the instrumentation of activity through playbooks has really helped us scale our processes globally. Most of all, I really like the people at Gainsight, the leadership, the individual contributors, all great people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the SLA on communication slow and the response not always what I was hoping for, but it might be due to fact it seemed they changed their support model on the sales/success side at a decent pace for a while there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other companies about what they are trying to achieve and have a smart use case deployment plan.

Scaling processes - efficiency of tasks

Visibility to customer activity, issues, opportunities - speed to issue resolve

Insight into customer data points - faster turn around to customer value creation.

Gainsight review by Joanne D.
Joanne D.

"Prioritize your customer outreach"

What do you like best?

Knowing which customers require outreach is the key to ensuring customer success. Prior to Gainsight we were blind, we didn't know which customers required attention NOW. We also find the information regarding LinkedIn valuable for identifying new customer opportunities when one of our satisfied customers moves on to another company. Our customer newsletter increased readership and click thru rates when we moved from our marketing automation platform to the Gainsight email solution. The value that the platform has provided is evident by our NPS score.

What do you dislike?

We are very satisfied with the Gainsight platform. We haven't really used the video solution but I believe that it will be a valuable tool in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important thing to do before implementing Gainsight is to know your KPIs, Customer Journey and document all your processes so that when it comes to implementation you can implement efficiently. We looked at Gainsight a year before we purchased and during that time we understood the areas of improvement, created playbooks and documented processes so when it came to implementation we were ready to go!

Customer engagement is the number 1 problem we are solving with Gainsight followed by customer health score. We had a home grown solution for health score that didn't provide a real time view of the customer's satisfaction. With Gainsight integration into our back office systems we now have visibility into support, renewals and other valuable data. Right in one place when we need it.

Gainsight review by Jan B.
Jan B.

"Helps a small customer success organization to scale"

What do you like best?

Gainsight monitors customer activity and makes my team look larger than it is because we can be very proactive and tailored to their needs including customer communications

What do you dislike?

Lots of new capabilities which complement or replace prior functionality which causes us to pivot to new approach. The new functionality is definitely better, so it is worth making the shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Devote the time needed to get the solution meeting your business requirements. Gainsight is good about assisting you after your initial implementation, but dedicating the time upfront is definitely the preferred approach.

Monitoring customer activity, notifying internal team of upcoming events such as quarterly business reviews or upcoming renewals.

Gainsight review by Xander Vonn L.
Xander Vonn L.

"Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

Gainsight allowed our Account Managers and Customer Success Managers to have a visual idea on how their customers are doing, through the dashboards and the C360 view. It also allowed the company to standardize how our AMs and CSMs handle potential issues or opportunities through the use of CTAs.

Gainsight Support is very proactive in reaching out and letting us know if there are any bug they have found in their system and identifies if there are active rules in our org that is affected. For other issues, their Support team is very responsive in the cases and chat and will help out in the best of their abilities to help provide resolution.

What do you dislike?

It usually takes quite some time to load the Visual Force pages and the locations on where the various settings are is a little confusing. Trying to customize the product to fit our needs is a little challenging because there's a lot of custom objects in the package and we do not know what links to which object.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup is easy to follow and Customer Support is very responsive. Knowledge base is very help and, if in case you get any roadblocks, you can reach out to your Account Manager and he will make sure that your concerns are properly addressed.

For our AMs to have the visibility on their customers' account health and our CSM to ensure that every concern of their customers are properly addressed.

Gainsight review by Casey H.
Casey H.

"Great for tracking and completing customer onboarding"

What do you like best?

IT is well thought out and makes the transition to Customer Success easy for small companies.

What do you dislike?

Does not cater to Support that well. Would like to see something like Omni Channel in SF but with in Gainsight so a support team does not have to live in multiple areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure they document their current method of onboarding customers. Have the expectation to change pretty much everything at the beginning but know that it will be for the better in the long run.

We are shortening the amount of time spent training customer but providing an easy to follow success plan for each closed opp.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"(Almost) One Year as the Gainsight Administrator"

What do you like best?

I love that Gainsight is a blank sheet with incredibly deep functionality. We can collaborate across the company to determine what the best client experience will be and then roll out at scale.

Gainsight also allows a unified message and client experience.

What do you dislike?

Because Gainsight is so dense, a massive question of "Where do we start" and "What should be prioritized" is ever present and a statement of of "This is the Gainsight "Best Practice" to get a lot of value in your first year" is severely lacking.

Gainsight is allowing us for the first time to unify our client experience. We can collaborate across not only our Client Success Team, but Product and Marketing and have one record of truth for the roll-out of our strategy for client retention.

Gainsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Hard to manage Customer Success without it"

What do you like best?

The Gainsight 360 view of a customer has become the hub for a CSM to find as much information as we can manage about an account in a single place. Once you get your lifecycle properly calibrated and operationalized into CTA's, the cockpit becomes a great center to manage your action plans from.

What do you dislike?

You have to be prepared to put a lot of effort into wrangling your data to get stuff feeding into Gainsight properly. You really need the support of an analyst on your side, or you will really struggle. You will eventually get stuff in a good place, but it will take a lot of work.

Better recognition of the risks in our customer base.

CSM's and leadership can get up to speed on an account much more quickly.

Driving consistency among the actions of your Customer Success team.

Gainsight review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Gainsight - Insight Into The Customer Journey"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has allowed us to look into the customer journey in a way we never have before. It has given us unparalleled insight into what makes our customers journey one of success or failure.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs have taken a lot of time to work out and also the communication between Salesforce and Gainsight could be improved. Email integration, i.e. having email sent to clients from an outside email program be recorded automatically into Gainsight notes would be unbelievably helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adoption of the team is key

Our customer journey has gone from zero to hero. The ability to create CTA's has been huge for follow up and the ability to run in program email campaigns and surveys has been huge.

Gainsight review by Theresa W.
Theresa W.

"Fantastic Overview and lots of space to dig deeper"

What do you like best?

I love the individual dashboards, that we built from Gainsight and the complete overview of Tasks and Clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'd like to have more filtering options, but overall not much to be negative about. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and you'll find a lot of loopholes in your own processes. Once you realize those, Gainsight helps you fix them on a daily basis.

Definitely getting more efficient with the help of gainsight. Concentrating on the right tasks at the right time and still having the ability to dig deeper to learn all about the customer.

I can't really imagine a world without a tool like gainsight, as we wouldn't be able to handle the volume of clients in the same quality as we do today.

Gainsight review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Pulse 2018"

What do you like best?

Had a great time meeting up with fellow CS personnel. 1000's of people, tons of CS content, networking and had the time/people to discuss CS tactical/strategic items. Also, enjoyed hearing about "Elements" and living for/with a "Purpose." I ask the question - "Who's Fired Up ?"

What do you dislike?

Large sessions with 100's of people as I enjoy the small working sessions and focus groups much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Match your requirements to the features/functions of the Platform - see if it meets your needs. Dont forget about the indirect wins of productivity, training new people on a prescriptive approach and of course collaborating and spreading a CS culture throughout your company.

Consistency and productivity gains with CSMs, consolidated customer views, health scoring of customers, prescriptive approach to renewals, collaboration amongst cross-functional teams, and assisting with a company wide culture of CS.

Gainsight review by Erin F.
Erin F.

"Senior Customer Success Manager"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has become imbedded in my day to day life as a CSM. My personalized, visual dashboard is my lifeline! Gainsight has truly allowed me and my team to be as proactive with our customers as possible. The automation, standardization, tasks, and surveys transform the CS process. I love how user friendly the platform is and how customizable the experience can be.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of one of pain point when it comes to Gainsight. Excited to see how the company continues to add value in their product updates. Any pain poinst I can envision is if we are asked to test these product updates in the beta phase and things haven't been ironed out fully. However, I know we will be more excited to have that roadmap visibility and test the features than we will mind any pain points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on Gainsight as early as possible. You will want Gainsight to be with you and your customers from Day 1 of on-boarding through renewal.

Gainsight helps us better service our customers, have strong data driven customer health scores, and better identify early signs of churn and/or growth and expansion opportunities. Gainsight also allows us to implement surveys such as NPS which has become a company wide health metric.

Gainsight review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Customer Success Management Made Easy"

What do you like best?

As an admin, I appreciated how easy it was to set up and update Gainsight. As a reporting and analytics junkie, it was great seeing the different way we could slice and dice information on our customers. My favorite part was setting up our regular NPS survey emails to go out automatically on a regular basis. This allowed our Success team to get regular feedback from customers compared to our previous, more manual, less frequent approach.

What do you dislike?

I found we ran into issues with syncing large quantities of data from custom Salesforce objects. Things would error or time out on occasion, leaving us with some gaps in the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your processes in place before implementing.

We were able to get a more objective view of customer health and see how everyone compared in the grand scheme of things vs. just giving attention to whomever yelled the loudest.

Gainsight review by John J.
John J.

"Gainsight helps me Help my SaaS customers!"

What do you like best?

I love the Playbook/CTAs functionality. Success plans are also great to leverage for anyone in a customer-focused direct engagement role.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some more flexibility in the cockpit section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for Customer Success Management as well as team collaboration. Plays great with SFDC.

I manage a portfolio of over 30 customers. Gainsight helps me keep in touch with them all by providing me a tracking and organizing tool to ensure I make my touchpoints and track my notes.

Gainsight review by User in Internet

"Accessible and Organized "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the fact that my tasks are listed with an attached due date. When things are conveniently listed, I tend to be more proactive. I appreciate that they provide the health of the current task. It is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software provides me with irrelevant or undeeded information about my accounts. This is actually a good thing, however, it sometimes is not necessary information. If there is too much clutter on the list, my tasks will not be completed at optimal speed.

Making sure tasks are done in a timely manner. If a task for a certain account is not completed, it provides me with a fair warning. I make sure that all of my accounts are up to date so the information can be relayed to the sales team. It helps me maintain accounts and keep track of the products that the client is using.

Gainsight review by John L.
John L.

"Comprehensive Customer Success Management platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to define and monitor Client Health is a key feature. Great analytics and trending, as well as helpful reporting and dashboard interfaces. We have also migrated our Product Release announcement process to Gainsight so we can do more targeted communications to key users.

What do you dislike?

Data management is always a consideration with these types of tools. You will need support from your Salesforce Administrator for ongoing evolution of the rules and calls to action. I would also like to see more development on the NPS module.

Gainsight helps us proactively manage the long term customer relationship. We use it to mitigate churn and conduct early outreach on upcoming renewals. The insight on usage trends has helped us have more meaningful customer conversations and increase our renewal rate.

Gainsight review by User

"Horrible Roll Out, Lacking Support and Poor Customization"

What do you like best?

Not much - everything I've found useful is something OUR dev team had to build and was essentially a flaw that Gainsight couldn't fix for us, so we did it ourselves. It's a good tool for making investors happy and a very, VERY expensive version of Slack or Asana for to do lists.

What do you dislike?

About 99% of it. Our rep is really ill informed and has had to ask for help or for us to wait on a response about every third question. We arent' receiving what we were sold on, but now that this thing has been forced on the whole company, we're doing our best to make use of it. That said, none of us are recommending renewal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a 3-6 month period (depending on the size of your organization) - if they can't get you up and running in that time, they're not a fit. Get as many end users involved as early as possible - Gainsight doesn't have enough best practices in place to help you discern end results without testing and troubleshooting with your team. The cost is far too enormous to have wasted the time, money and effort on doing what they should have helped us with right out of the gate.

None. There's something to be said for the vision they're selling - that you can find the triggers for upsell and forecast pain points, but we're not a wildly unique organization and yet they can't really help us to customize the reports or what we've already identified as opportunities and pain points. Our AI and human discernment is better than anything they've even been able to propose, let alone build for us.

Gainsight review by Nate S.
Nate S.

"Getting a ton of value out of Gainsight"

What do you like best?

Breadth of the solution and ability to customize it to exactly meet our needs. Our CEO looks at our dashboard every day (even weekends). It helps us understand what customers are successful, which are struggling, and what we can do to get them on the path to success.

What do you dislike?

Initially, the documentation lacked context regarding how certain functionality applies to us. This slowed our implementation somewhat as we needed to do our own discovery. Recent updates to the documentation have shown great improvements in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework regarding how to optimize your processes so that you're implementing a good process from the beginning.

Make sure you have good support from your Salesforce team so that you can implement changes that will benefit your Gainsight implementation.

Don't be afraid to reinvent your processes on a regular basis. Dinosaurs get left behind. Gainsight is flexible. You need to be as well.

Identifying slow adopters early and customers who are struggling to reach their desired outcomes.

Providing insight to senior management, the board, and sales leadership regarding renewal forecasting.

Giving CSMs a repeatable process to follow.

Giving CSM management the ability to understand whether CSMs are following the process so they can coach those who may need assistance.

Helping our Support, Operations, and R&D organizations see an overall view of customer health and where TLC may be needed.

Gainsight review by Jessica O.
Jessica O.

"Complete Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

Gainsight allows our team to know which customers to reach out to and when in order to maintain and grow relationship. Gainsight also ensures that each customer is getting the same experience by putting our processes to work for us using CTAs. In addition to the features of the software, we also enjoy the partnership of the entire Gainsight team! This partnership has changed the way we view customer success and the way we treat our customers.

What do you dislike?

While Gainsight has made great strides recently on this, more documentation around the product's features would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework upfront before going to the Express Workshop, if you can. Having your processes and playbooks mapped out will help you when it comes time to implement.

Gainsight allows us to show value to our customers through strategic interactions using CTAs. The customer healthscore that Gainsight shows enables our CSMs to focus in on customers that may be struggling or at risk of churn.

Gainsight review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"An arsenal to scale a world class customer success program"

What do you like best?

Constant innovation for forward thinking CS leaders. The tools at our disposal give us vast possibilities to handle most every problem a Customer Success team encounters. Has something to offer teams of all sizes.

The organization is a force in the customer success community and always is open to hearing new ideas and quickly implementing things that have adequate weight behind it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tools can be unintuitive and the relevant documentation lacking. We're often forced to spend 1-2+ weeks implementing something new as we have to go back and forth with support to get through teh last few steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to tag at least 1-2 subject matter experts. You need well trained folks to help you stay agile.

Gainsight is the heartbeat of our CS program. It has allowed us to reach more customers at the right time and provide orders of magnitude greater experience to our customers. To put it simply we couldn't do what we do without Gainsight.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"I love this product! It streamlines everything we need."

What do you like best?

I love that there are so many customer success related activities that can all be streamlined in one interface using Gainsight. These activities include training survey responses, tracking our product's API data (usage data), incorporating with the sales process in Salesforce, utilizing Google analytics, etc. I also love that they take feature requests into consideration often and have a highly active support community.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be confusing if you aren't trained properly on the product. There are a lot of tabs, buttons, and configurations that I stumbled upon even after having been trained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to use the community website to understand others' business use cases as often as possible. This really helped allow us to implement our instance of Gainsight because there's SO much data out there and we didn't know where to start! We also really utilized support hours with our dedicated CSMs on a regular basis.

We are trying to maintain our customer health and find correlations between usage/support/outreach and customer retention/churn.

Gainsight review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Invaluable Client Health Visibility for Your Entire Org"

What do you like best?

Our Client Success team has been relying on Gainsight for over three years (it was in place before I came on board at our company). It provides invaluable insight and visibility into client health for our CSMs and greater organization, creating actionable results. C2A's and reporting enable our CS team to be proactive and not reactive with their book of business. Gainsight has been very receptive to our product feedback. They've also sent our Gainsight CSM on site several times for review of the product, features, etc. with our greater team as well as help develop our long-term strategy with our executive team. Their annual conference, Pulse, in San Francisco each year, has been a real boost to my professional knowledge and networking. Highly recommend Gainsight.

What do you dislike?

Customizeable and saveable views would be a huge plus. The newer email nurturing capabilities do not yet meet our needs. Therefore, we had to setup a makeshift solution between Salesforce and our email management system.

Gainsight is primarily used by the CSMs in our greater Global Client Success org, but it goes beyond that and is an indispensable tool for our executive team as well. We use Gainsight primarily for insight and visibility into client health. We also use it to drive call-to-actions. As a result, we have increased employee efficiency and better, faster client success.

Gainsight review by J.P. M.
J.P. M.

"Gainsight has been a very helpful tool"

What do you like best?

The usability of the rules engine. The new bionic rules have been a huge improvement. I am also continually impressed by the team from my CSM to the various support reps I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

Reporting capabilities. I am constantly struggling with building out reports that are superior to SFDC and Tableau. I understand there is a time and place for each tool, but I'd like to have my team gather everything they need from within Gainsight. A way to embed reports would solve this problem easily.

Managing a large customer base without having an equally large support group. The ability to automatically trigger emails and CTAs has helped us build an effective program for our scaled group.

Gainsight review by Joshua T.
Joshua T.

"Gainsight increases revenue "

What do you like best?

the interface is easy to understand and allows us to quickly check the health of our customers. We are able to better predict churn but also to help up sell customers based off of usage reports.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to setup if you have a lot of applications that do not talk to each other.

Our Account Management team is able to see the health of their customers and react quickly to reach out and improve or maintain relationships

Gainsight review by Jen L.
Jen L.

"Awesome product and people at Gainsight"

What do you like best?

Gainsight as a whole - I love all of the people that work there the most. They are knowledgable and provide great service across the board. As far as the actual product - I love the flexibility that the tool provides. I've used Gainsight at 2 organizations and we've been able to set it up in a way that meets each companies specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Surveys have historically been a bit painful, however much of this challenge has been overcome with the new survey functionality.

We needed a scalable way to understand and improve customer adoption trends, to communicate business value to customers, and to have a consistent view of customer health across our organization. We are in the process of implementing specific GS functionality, for example Success Plans, which will help us solve for our challenges.

Gainsight review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Powerful but challenging"

What do you like best?

If you know the path forward, you can do anything with Gainsight. The rules engine is extremely powerful.

What do you dislike?

Because of the power, it can be challenging to use at times. I have about 200 users and need a full time admin to run things, which I don't have at this time. It also requires someone with strong data background or you will otherwise struggle with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Truly think through how you're going to support it and get executive buy in on a direction forweard.

Trying to gain visibility into churn and have early warning signs rather than acting reactively. We've gotten better visibility into this with Gainsight for sure.

Gainsight review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"The foundation of our Customer Success Group"

What do you like best?

Gainsight allows our CSMs to effectively manage a high volume of accounts. Tools like the customer health score and CTAs let us prioritize what accounts need attention while the CoPilot email service automates our 1:many marketing approach.

What do you dislike?

I have run into some issues with cross-object reporting, SFDC data storage, and minor UI grievances but Gainsight is quick to address them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to reach out to me we can chat!

Our CSMs handle a high volume of accounts so it is important to prioritize which ones to engage with first. We also needed to find a way to automate a lot of the interaction between customer and CSM. We are able to do that using personalized emails sent via CoPilot. Finally, we needed a way to gauge the health of our accounts. Gainsight has allowed us to create a unique health score using a variety of data sources.

Learn more about Gainsight

Gainsight Videos

Learning about Gainsight?

* We monitor all Gainsight reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(233 reviews)