Gainsight

Gainsight

A complete customer success platform

Work for Gainsight?

Learning about Gainsight?

Gainsight Reviews

Ask Gainsight a Question
Showing 218 Gainsight reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gainsight
Gainsight review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"Great CS Management tool"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has allowed our Client Success team to manage our clients through and through. The tool is key to managing our client life cycle from initial engagement, through implementation and Go Live stages, and following through to Renewal. Being able to trigger tasks for CSMs based on usage and on life cycle stage has been crucial.

The customer support is fantastic. The Support desk communicates frequently when working through submitted tickets and our Client Success Manager thinks outside the box when making strategic recommendations for our business.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a "dislike" as this should be expected, but you really have to put a lot into it to get a lot out of it and to drive full adoption among users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!! Be sure to dedicate the time to the set-up in order to get the most from the product.

Initially, we needed a tool to centralize our client data as well as keep our Client Success team organized with their tasks with managing so many clients. We continue to solve for other problems year over year as our Gainsight CSM digs into our business needs and opens the door to features that she feels would best suit us. Next up is utilizing co-pilot to it's fullest so that we can better manage our low-touch clients.

What Customer Success solution do you use?

Gainsight review by Jacob R.
Jacob R.

"With Gainsight, I can focus my attention where it's truly needed: Customer Outcomes."

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

The capabilities and benefits of Gainsight as a Customer Success/Insight solution far outweigh any limitations, which are primarily minor technical or UX and UI concerns. Gainsight has been responsive to these minor irritations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before Gainsight, I was frustrated by our customer success efforts (speed, scope, outcomes). After successfully launching Gainsight, my frustrations have evaporated. I'm absolutely delighted that I can track our Customer Success initiatives, predictive analytics and insights, and customer health indicators from anywhere, from any of my devices, and all in real time. Using Gainsight feels effortless. I would definitely make this purchase again! That said, please understand that the primary challenge to successfully implementing Gainsight and realizing consistent/ongoing value has nothing to do with Gainsight itself; rather, it is your own readiness to transform business and operating models, as well as culture.

Our business (and industry) is still transitioning from physical product/on-prem business models to a SAAS/Subscription model. Before implementing Gainsight, we managed our Customer Success efforts as best we could (with imperfect tools and difficult-to-reach data, sourced from dozens of separate systems). Thanks to a well-planned and executed implementation of Gainsight, we now have several current as well as predictive measures of customer health, churn, value, etc.

Gainsight review by Steven D.
Steven D.

"The BEST Customer Success Tool - Endlessly customizable for your needs"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is an incredible tool. Our ability to manage risk and drive renewals is incredibly robust thanks to the automation and excellent features from Gainsight. The tool's repertoire of features has grown faster than our Customer Success business processes, which leaves us always finding new ways to succeed without waiting for new development. We strongly benefit from the survey tool and scorecard functionality.

What do you dislike?

Gainsight's only drawback is its tendency to drop unused features silently and allow them to become out of date or out of touch with the rest of the platform. I would love to see a more coherent plan with some features, but I think that is not compatible with Gainsight's vision of trying to lead the bleeding edge of customer success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you can devote staff time long term to updating the tool, reviewing new features, and adapting your business processes to match.

This platform has allowed our CSMs to handle larger workloads and service more customers with less effort consistently. No other tool has allowed us to automate the repetitive aspects of customer success while concentrating our human efforts on the customers that matter most.

Gainsight review by Liam N.
Liam N.

"Gainsight has positively changed the way we work with our customers"

What do you like best?

The ability to automate actions based on scenarios and triggers. The reporting and dashboard functionality is great. There's almost too much information to look at!

What do you dislike?

The limited layout options on c360 page that could be improved to stop the need to view accounts in Salesforce. Most of the time we're in Gainsight, but sometimes we have to view info in Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't under estimate the amount of configuration and management the actual application requires as you implement it. Gainsight is super flexible and powerful, you will need to dedicate real time to implement it if you want to use it more than simply what is there in a default installationn

We wanted a tool that could help automate many business processes, to encourage consistency in managing risk or expansion scenarios, and to help us scale our efforts as our customer base continues to grow. We're becoming a lot more sophisticated in our approach to working with our customers.

Gainsight review by Jason K.
Jason K.

"Great platform for ensuring customer success best practices"

What do you like best?

I like that there are so many areas which will support customer success best practices even though we can only bite off a couple of the pieces right now as we deal with resources to implement as well as considering that we cannot overload our CS community with everything at once. The constant features which are being adding that allow for advancement in these areas gives me confidence that we chose the correct platform not just for today but for years to come. The ease in which to stand up platform and make changes when needed is awesome.

What do you dislike?

I wish they could have been more prescriptive as to the structure of our data based on our business model. I will admit that may have been due to the fact that we thought we could do the bulk of the work ourselves at the onset but now we need to leverage best practices and for that we need outside experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start going as fast as possible and iterate quickly. Bring Gainsight in to validate what you are doing for the objectives you are trying to reach.

We want to reduce our churn and uncover expansion opportunities. We have begun to get a more quantitative understanding of our health status for each of our customers.

Gainsight review by Jonathan H.
Jonathan H.

"Enabling Customer Success with Gainsight"

What do you like best?

The dashboard views are great along with the ability to hook into some of the internal data we use to track customers. The renewal charting is an easy way to see which accounts I have up for renewal and where to focus my efforts. It also allows me to plan accordingly into the future and how I can utilize my time most effectively.

What do you dislike?

Co-pilot could be a little more useful in terms of email tracking, especially if there was some sort of gmail plugin that would allow you to compose emails and have them tracked for open rates, click rates, etc. Additionally, the tool can be a little clunky at times and give repeated error messages. I sometimes find navigating to things like Playbooks not nearly as intuitive as I feel it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gainsight has been quite helpful in getting a birds eye view, but still lacks in certain areas. Improvements are being made for the better.

Keeping a pulse on customer health based on a number of factors. We ultimately use it to make sure our customers are utilizing our products in the best manner, while enabling them to be successful.

Gainsight review by Shimon S.
Shimon S.

"Customer Success Manager that works with GainSight over a year"

What do you like best?

A really good additional layer above SF for Customer Success Managers.

The Cockpit concept is an excellent idea with all predefined playbooks (customer journey, renewal, Executive Business reviews etc,). Very dynamic and easy to use.

The Cockpit concept is a good approach and solution for managing a huge amount of customers altogether.

In addition, the timeline is a good start for auditing all important activities within an account (such as when our kickoff meeting took place, status meetings, EBR etc.). It is a very useful for auditing purposes, collaboration and transferring account between CSMs.

What do you dislike?

Performance should be dramatically improved.

In addition, an excellent UX/UI designed should be recruited in order to convert GS to 2018 standard in terms of the end-user experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I gain value from using GS. That being said, be patient with the UX and the performance.

1 single platform for managing an account. Transpersicny between my self and my manager.

Tasks management platform with automatic tasks (CTAs).

Gainsight review by Melissa A.
Melissa A.

"Gainsight Experience as a Gainsight Admin"

What do you like best?

I like that they are constantly trying to improve the product, so we can grow our success team as Gainsight grows. I also like how responsive their support team is.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how things can be very disconnected. When working with the MDA, its hard to pull in other data, such as SF data, without creating more tables to then copy data into. Also, all of the Advanced outreach details are very difficult to report on because they are all silo'ed in separate tables.

Gainsight has allowed us to grow our success team and give our CSMs more time to actually be proactive vs reactive. This has allowed us to really see the benefits a CSM can make to a customer.

Gainsight review by John G.
John G.

"Fits the needs of a rapidly growing team."

What do you like best?

Gainsight is a great tool for ensuring that all of your accounts are in good health and that they are each getting the appropriate touches from your company and CSMs to keep them finding value.

What do you dislike?

I've implemented Gainsight twice and saw a huge improvement in how fast Gainsight can help a customer get up and running. They really have dialed in their on boarding process which was something that I found pretty challenging the first time around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

We purchased Gainsight to help solve three problems.

1.) Make the lives of our CSM easier.

2.) Help manage the team and a metrics and activities that mater most.

3.) Create a very clear picture of the health of our customer base.

Gainsight review by Shaylyn S.
Shaylyn S.

"Gainsight Strategic Advisory Services"

What do you like best?

Gainsight opened my eyes to the true impact of Customer Success. Through a strategic advisory engagement, we were able to better understand how to communicate value to our customers, segment our customers to develop more specific strategies, and begin to align best practices as a Customer Success team. Gainsight coached us through identifying the biggest areas of opportunity and provided excellent knowledge and exciting potential solutions through their software platform.

What do you dislike?

Our team has not yet implemented Gainsight software.

We are early in our Customer Success journey, and the team today is very reactive. We have contributed to great growth in the business already, and we are looking for ways to continue that growth while becoming more efficient and effective as a team. We have turned to Gainsight to learn how to be more proactive and strategic with our business. We have made great progress in the knowledge around Customer Success but have not yet put a lot of our recommendations from Gainsight into action because we have not yet implemented the software.

Gainsight review by Erin M.
Erin M.

"Gainsight for Customer Success"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Gainsight is how granular you can get with reporting. Our CSM dashboards help us get a good handle on where our customers are in the success cycle. We are also able to standardize success plans and playbooks which help keep all of our CSMs on the same page so that we can keep unified success metrics.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Gainsight is that is is so robust that it is easy to screw up if you don't understand the system well before you begin utilizing. We have hundreds of useless power-lists that we now have to go back and groom because we did not understand the process end to end. Perhaps additional training should be stressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the training courses - Watch the videos - engage with your Gainsight CSM

We use Gainsight to keep our CSMs on the same page. We use it to manager customer relationships and analyze risks across all of our customers. It helps us with enablement, engagement, adoption, and more.

Gainsight review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Gainisight has changed our business"

What do you like best?

The ability to pull in data from all sources and have everything in one place for a true customer 360 view. I also like the ability to share dashboards and customer 360s with external users. The dashboards look great and the functionality is great for sharing information cross departments.

What do you dislike?

The new features in the admin area are becoming less and less intuitive. I also wish they offered certification courses or in person training courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're familiar with SFDC, I would suggest having the admin go through more than just the onboarding training. The admin side is very different than any other database I've worked with.

We now have the ability to see everything that our customers are doing to have better conversations with them.

Gainsight review by Mark J.
Mark J.

"Vice President of Client Services for a SaaS based software platform"

What do you like best?

Gainsight provides the tools necessary to properly manage our Customer Success program allowing our CSMs to proactively engage our client base and ensure they are adopting and having a positive experience with our products. We are able track and manage a health score based on customized scorecards specific to our business providing insight into customers that may be at risk allowing us to initiate protocols to engage and hopefully remove the client from a risk status. In addition, we utilize the co-pilot and email assist tools to effectively communicate to all of our customers at once as needed.

The Gainsight team is also one of the company's biggest assets. Both the Success and Support teams are responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. We owe much of our own success to their assistance and direction they provided from the beginning.

What do you dislike?

The administrative reporting tools are robust and allow us to extract the data into a warehouse to perform the analysis and calculations we need for our business, but I would like to see an improvement in the standard reporting tools to analyze retention/churn and calculate gross and net churn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the opportunity to improve your processes and interactions with your customers. Be prepared to ask your teams and all stakeholders including clients the hard questions: How you can make the customer experience better? What you do poorly? If you could start over today using all the knowledge you gained up until this point, how would you design the perfect customer experience? Approaching it from this direction will help ensure you go in the right direction with the Gainsight installation and setup.

Our SaaS product was new to the market and we began using Gainsight very close to the beginning so I cannot provide an in depth comparison as to what we gained after using Gainsight as I do not have the pre-Gainsight history. However, having been in the software industry for over 20 years, I can attest to the benefits of Gainsight as follows:

- Development segmentation for our client base allowing us to develop specific customer success adoption and management strategies for each segment

- Track the overall health of customers which is critical in today's marketplace

- Our customer success team to can track all of their communications with clients, create proactive CTAs for both ongoing communications and address clients that may be at risk, and identify opportunities for product expansion.

- Access daily/weekly reports for analyzing retention/churn as well as calculate gross and net churn, granted this is done outside the product.

I am confident that without Gainsight, we would not have successfully retained as many client as we have over the last 3 years.

"Game Changer"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use our existing sfdc data and turn it into proactive insights for our CSM team. Not to mention the support we always receive when we have questions. I have nothing but positive experiences with Gainsight

What do you dislike?

Some of the limitations with scorecards. I would like to be able to create separate score schema's that are specific to the different industries we work with as well as different scoring based on the customers stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to see the ability for scorecards to have separate schema's based on defined variables (industry, customer stage). I would also like the ability for the rules engine to modify the status of an open CTA to a different open status. This would be a big improvement in the one to many business model.

#1 problem before Gainsight was churn. We have realized a 20+ point reduction to churn once we implemented Gainsight and Customer success as a whole

Gainsight review by User

"GS has organized my customer's details and AI's to allow me peace of mind in my acct mgmt efforts."

What do you like best?

I like the Cockpit where all of my action Items (AI's) can be saved. I like access to their support cases and deployment details.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that while in Timeline i can have only one Activity open at a time and I cannot move it to a different window. I dislike that I cannot use color highlighting in my Activity notes in Timeline. I dislike the pre-formatted EBR deck download, bc it uses images on each slide, so you cannot edit anything that's inaccurate. I disliek that our Salesforce integration is broken ina way that makes the deployment numbers wrong or non-existent for many of my customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use as many of the available features as possible

I'm able to keep track of my customers in a way that allows me to keep them straight and have a place to go to remind me what they're doing. When you have multiple accounts it can be confusing. (Organization)

Account transition to other team members is extremely simple when you've got a place housing all pertinent info/details they need to take over the account.

Gainsight review by Administrator

"The Worst Customer Experience"

What do you like best?

The customer 360 view is ideal for collaboration and the Timeline area helps keep all notes and tasks in a linear format, unlike SFDC where you have to click into multiple records (Contacts, Opportunities, Accounts) to piece together what you are looking for.

What do you dislike?

The worst deployment experiences of my career. This is the second company I have worked at where the Gainsight team fails at every aspect of customer service. Multiple churned onboarding managers, most of which are junior developers with no best business practices acumen, lack of responses to emails and calls, in essence the worst customer success team with a decent customer success platform which unfortunately will take over half of our contracts term to just get up and running with basic functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1) Enforce weekly cadence calls because they will not follow up with you after you purchase. They will ask you to spend multiple days watching Admin videos instead.

2) Make sure to get a right to terminate clause built in, my prior company did not and stopped using the tool in year 1 of 2 contract.

3) Invision hired a full-time system admin just for this tool and is a similarly small-sized company to ours. Smart move if you want the tool to actually work and be adopted.

We need a centralized, consolidated view of our interactions with our clients as well as a one-stop shop for collaboration and success plans. The Customer360 is helpful.

"Useful but not ideal"

What do you like best?

`Certain inherent functionality is nice, like the ability to configure Health Scores based on a variety of factors, which would be a time consuming configuration in Salesforce. Also the ability to insert an NPS (or any survey) easily into an email is convenient.

What do you dislike?

The software as a whole is very clunky in terms of user interface. It's not self explanatory or intuitive at all, and configuration to make the software do what you want it to do is very complicated. Sometimes its the small things...this is a Salesforce add on, in Salesforce reports the report filter logic uses 1, 2, 3, however Gainsight reporting filter logic uses A, B , C,..why??? why is it different from the platform it is used on. It makes no sense to me. Also the email fonts and graphics are severely lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider the costs and implementation time. Implementation took us a good 6 months, and now we cannot consider switching because of how entrenched we are with it, even though it is obscenely expensive.

We have 3 people that manage 700 accounts. Gainsight makes it easy to keep organized with our renewals, client outreach, sending satisfaction surveys and scoring accounts to assess risk.

Gainsight review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"In Depth Analysis In Seconds"

What do you like best?

I love being able to get reports on my clients within seconds, based on various segments and variations in their contract with our company. Gainsight allows me to see the forest without ignoring the fine details.

Being able to keep track of my CTAs with specific steps is incredible! A lot of my job is touch and go, so to be able to track those touch and go's is HUGE!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Gainsight can be clunky when loading in multiple windows. Playing with the scroll feature can often remedy this issue.

With Gainsight we allow our consultants to look at their portfolio of clients and identify when is the right time to reach out to those clients. We attempt to use Gainsight to identify "high risk" clients and create call-to-actions to attempt to reverse that negative health and turn that client into a long standing client.

We also use Gainsight to help identify clients in terms of where they are at with their onboarding process. Finding clients who have been neglected during the onboarding process can be a huge detriment in the long-term life of a client. Using Gainsight we created reports that will let us know when certain clients have not been reached out to recently or who haven't completed specific steps in a CTA we created for onboarding new clients.

Gainsight review by Shawn H.
Shawn H.

"All your data in 1 place"

What do you like best?

We have 6 different systems that feed client data into Gainsight, saves our Client teams a lot of time to have 1 system with all the information.

What do you dislike?

Implementation team wasn't as knowledge about data integration as I expected, but we worked through it and got all the different integrations working

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support team and very flexible product, often find more than 1 way to meet a business need

360 degree view of the client that includes objective data from our different sources as well as subjective data from the people who manage each account. Keeps Customer Success team focused on tasks at hand and being more proactive than reactively responding to emails.

Gainsight review by Lukas Q.
Lukas Q.

"Helpful, relevant tech + great people"

What do you like best?

Leading technology in the space, they listen to customer feedback and build for our need. The dashboard views of health, activity and performance are great for visibility into team and account health. Whereas the instrumentation of activity through playbooks has really helped us scale our processes globally. Most of all, I really like the people at Gainsight, the leadership, the individual contributors, all great people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the SLA on communication slow and the response not always what I was hoping for, but it might be due to fact it seemed they changed their support model on the sales/success side at a decent pace for a while there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to other companies about what they are trying to achieve and have a smart use case deployment plan.

Scaling processes - efficiency of tasks

Visibility to customer activity, issues, opportunities - speed to issue resolve

Insight into customer data points - faster turn around to customer value creation.

Gainsight review by Joanne D.
Joanne D.

"Prioritize your customer outreach"

What do you like best?

Knowing which customers require outreach is the key to ensuring customer success. Prior to Gainsight we were blind, we didn't know which customers required attention NOW. We also find the information regarding LinkedIn valuable for identifying new customer opportunities when one of our satisfied customers moves on to another company. Our customer newsletter increased readership and click thru rates when we moved from our marketing automation platform to the Gainsight email solution. The value that the platform has provided is evident by our NPS score.

What do you dislike?

We are very satisfied with the Gainsight platform. We haven't really used the video solution but I believe that it will be a valuable tool in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most important thing to do before implementing Gainsight is to know your KPIs, Customer Journey and document all your processes so that when it comes to implementation you can implement efficiently. We looked at Gainsight a year before we purchased and during that time we understood the areas of improvement, created playbooks and documented processes so when it came to implementation we were ready to go!

Customer engagement is the number 1 problem we are solving with Gainsight followed by customer health score. We had a home grown solution for health score that didn't provide a real time view of the customer's satisfaction. With Gainsight integration into our back office systems we now have visibility into support, renewals and other valuable data. Right in one place when we need it.

Gainsight review by Jan B.
Jan B.

"Helps a small customer success organization to scale"

What do you like best?

Gainsight monitors customer activity and makes my team look larger than it is because we can be very proactive and tailored to their needs including customer communications

What do you dislike?

Lots of new capabilities which complement or replace prior functionality which causes us to pivot to new approach. The new functionality is definitely better, so it is worth making the shift.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Devote the time needed to get the solution meeting your business requirements. Gainsight is good about assisting you after your initial implementation, but dedicating the time upfront is definitely the preferred approach.

Monitoring customer activity, notifying internal team of upcoming events such as quarterly business reviews or upcoming renewals.

Gainsight review by Xander Vonn L.
Xander Vonn L.

"Very Helpful"

What do you like best?

Gainsight allowed our Account Managers and Customer Success Managers to have a visual idea on how their customers are doing, through the dashboards and the C360 view. It also allowed the company to standardize how our AMs and CSMs handle potential issues or opportunities through the use of CTAs.

Gainsight Support is very proactive in reaching out and letting us know if there are any bug they have found in their system and identifies if there are active rules in our org that is affected. For other issues, their Support team is very responsive in the cases and chat and will help out in the best of their abilities to help provide resolution.

What do you dislike?

It usually takes quite some time to load the Visual Force pages and the locations on where the various settings are is a little confusing. Trying to customize the product to fit our needs is a little challenging because there's a lot of custom objects in the package and we do not know what links to which object.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup is easy to follow and Customer Support is very responsive. Knowledge base is very help and, if in case you get any roadblocks, you can reach out to your Account Manager and he will make sure that your concerns are properly addressed.

For our AMs to have the visibility on their customers' account health and our CSM to ensure that every concern of their customers are properly addressed.

Gainsight review by Casey H.
Casey H.

"Great for tracking and completing customer onboarding"

What do you like best?

IT is well thought out and makes the transition to Customer Success easy for small companies.

What do you dislike?

Does not cater to Support that well. Would like to see something like Omni Channel in SF but with in Gainsight so a support team does not have to live in multiple areas

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure they document their current method of onboarding customers. Have the expectation to change pretty much everything at the beginning but know that it will be for the better in the long run.

We are shortening the amount of time spent training customer but providing an easy to follow success plan for each closed opp.

Gainsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Hard to manage Customer Success without it"

What do you like best?

The Gainsight 360 view of a customer has become the hub for a CSM to find as much information as we can manage about an account in a single place. Once you get your lifecycle properly calibrated and operationalized into CTA's, the cockpit becomes a great center to manage your action plans from.

What do you dislike?

You have to be prepared to put a lot of effort into wrangling your data to get stuff feeding into Gainsight properly. You really need the support of an analyst on your side, or you will really struggle. You will eventually get stuff in a good place, but it will take a lot of work.

Better recognition of the risks in our customer base.

CSM's and leadership can get up to speed on an account much more quickly.

Driving consistency among the actions of your Customer Success team.

Gainsight review by Mike M.
Mike M.

"Gainsight - Insight Into The Customer Journey"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has allowed us to look into the customer journey in a way we never have before. It has given us unparalleled insight into what makes our customers journey one of success or failure.

What do you dislike?

Some bugs have taken a lot of time to work out and also the communication between Salesforce and Gainsight could be improved. Email integration, i.e. having email sent to clients from an outside email program be recorded automatically into Gainsight notes would be unbelievably helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adoption of the team is key

Our customer journey has gone from zero to hero. The ability to create CTA's has been huge for follow up and the ability to run in program email campaigns and surveys has been huge.

Gainsight review by Theresa W.
Theresa W.

"Fantastic Overview and lots of space to dig deeper"

What do you like best?

I love the individual dashboards, that we built from Gainsight and the complete overview of Tasks and Clients.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I'd like to have more filtering options, but overall not much to be negative about. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and you'll find a lot of loopholes in your own processes. Once you realize those, Gainsight helps you fix them on a daily basis.

Definitely getting more efficient with the help of gainsight. Concentrating on the right tasks at the right time and still having the ability to dig deeper to learn all about the customer.

I can't really imagine a world without a tool like gainsight, as we wouldn't be able to handle the volume of clients in the same quality as we do today.

Gainsight review by Tom W.
Tom W.

"Pulse 2018"

What do you like best?

Had a great time meeting up with fellow CS personnel. 1000's of people, tons of CS content, networking and had the time/people to discuss CS tactical/strategic items. Also, enjoyed hearing about "Elements" and living for/with a "Purpose." I ask the question - "Who's Fired Up ?"

What do you dislike?

Large sessions with 100's of people as I enjoy the small working sessions and focus groups much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Match your requirements to the features/functions of the Platform - see if it meets your needs. Dont forget about the indirect wins of productivity, training new people on a prescriptive approach and of course collaborating and spreading a CS culture throughout your company.

Consistency and productivity gains with CSMs, consolidated customer views, health scoring of customers, prescriptive approach to renewals, collaboration amongst cross-functional teams, and assisting with a company wide culture of CS.

Gainsight review by Erin F.
Erin F.

"Senior Customer Success Manager"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has become imbedded in my day to day life as a CSM. My personalized, visual dashboard is my lifeline! Gainsight has truly allowed me and my team to be as proactive with our customers as possible. The automation, standardization, tasks, and surveys transform the CS process. I love how user friendly the platform is and how customizable the experience can be.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of one of pain point when it comes to Gainsight. Excited to see how the company continues to add value in their product updates. Any pain poinst I can envision is if we are asked to test these product updates in the beta phase and things haven't been ironed out fully. However, I know we will be more excited to have that roadmap visibility and test the features than we will mind any pain points.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump on Gainsight as early as possible. You will want Gainsight to be with you and your customers from Day 1 of on-boarding through renewal.

Gainsight helps us better service our customers, have strong data driven customer health scores, and better identify early signs of churn and/or growth and expansion opportunities. Gainsight also allows us to implement surveys such as NPS which has become a company wide health metric.

Gainsight review by Andrea G.
Andrea G.

"Customer Success Management Made Easy"

What do you like best?

As an admin, I appreciated how easy it was to set up and update Gainsight. As a reporting and analytics junkie, it was great seeing the different way we could slice and dice information on our customers. My favorite part was setting up our regular NPS survey emails to go out automatically on a regular basis. This allowed our Success team to get regular feedback from customers compared to our previous, more manual, less frequent approach.

What do you dislike?

I found we ran into issues with syncing large quantities of data from custom Salesforce objects. Things would error or time out on occasion, leaving us with some gaps in the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your processes in place before implementing.

We were able to get a more objective view of customer health and see how everyone compared in the grand scheme of things vs. just giving attention to whomever yelled the loudest.

Gainsight review by Administrator

"Powerful Customer Success Tool"

What do you like best?

Having everything visible about a customer in one 360 view. The Timeline functionality is helping our CS team keep customer notes in a central place, reducing the amount of siloed information. We like the ability to build a customer health score based on data inputs from various sources. Auto-triggered CTAs are helping our teams stay on top of customer issues that they didn't have access to beforehand.

Gainsight's support team is extremely responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

A few things could be improved. We're leveraging Gainsight on custom Salesforce objects, which makes configuration more complex, and not all features are currently available to us. The platform can also be a little slow at times.

I would love for Gainsight to sync with our CSM's calendars and email accounts - this would make it much more easily integrated into our ongoing CS processes.

Given the robust functionality and change management required, it is a pretty time-intensive system to implement and maintain, but you get what you put in.

We are trying to grow and scale our CS org processes, improve our renewal rates, and improve visibility into customer risks so we can mitigate them quickly. For the CSMs who are using Gainsight regularly, we see that they are able to be more proactive with their accounts. We're also seeing improved consistency in the customer lifecycle and designated touchpoints.

Gainsight review by John J.
John J.

"Gainsight helps me Help my SaaS customers!"

What do you like best?

I love the Playbook/CTAs functionality. Success plans are also great to leverage for anyone in a customer-focused direct engagement role.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see some more flexibility in the cockpit section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for Customer Success Management as well as team collaboration. Plays great with SFDC.

I manage a portfolio of over 30 customers. Gainsight helps me keep in touch with them all by providing me a tracking and organizing tool to ensure I make my touchpoints and track my notes.

Gainsight review by User in Internet

"Accessible and Organized "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the fact that my tasks are listed with an attached due date. When things are conveniently listed, I tend to be more proactive. I appreciate that they provide the health of the current task. It is very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software provides me with irrelevant or undeeded information about my accounts. This is actually a good thing, however, it sometimes is not necessary information. If there is too much clutter on the list, my tasks will not be completed at optimal speed.

Making sure tasks are done in a timely manner. If a task for a certain account is not completed, it provides me with a fair warning. I make sure that all of my accounts are up to date so the information can be relayed to the sales team. It helps me maintain accounts and keep track of the products that the client is using.

Gainsight review by John L.
John L.

"Comprehensive Customer Success Management platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to define and monitor Client Health is a key feature. Great analytics and trending, as well as helpful reporting and dashboard interfaces. We have also migrated our Product Release announcement process to Gainsight so we can do more targeted communications to key users.

What do you dislike?

Data management is always a consideration with these types of tools. You will need support from your Salesforce Administrator for ongoing evolution of the rules and calls to action. I would also like to see more development on the NPS module.

Gainsight helps us proactively manage the long term customer relationship. We use it to mitigate churn and conduct early outreach on upcoming renewals. The insight on usage trends has helped us have more meaningful customer conversations and increase our renewal rate.

Gainsight review by User

"Horrible Roll Out, Lacking Support and Poor Customization"

What do you like best?

Not much - everything I've found useful is something OUR dev team had to build and was essentially a flaw that Gainsight couldn't fix for us, so we did it ourselves. It's a good tool for making investors happy and a very, VERY expensive version of Slack or Asana for to do lists.

What do you dislike?

About 99% of it. Our rep is really ill informed and has had to ask for help or for us to wait on a response about every third question. We arent' receiving what we were sold on, but now that this thing has been forced on the whole company, we're doing our best to make use of it. That said, none of us are recommending renewal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a 3-6 month period (depending on the size of your organization) - if they can't get you up and running in that time, they're not a fit. Get as many end users involved as early as possible - Gainsight doesn't have enough best practices in place to help you discern end results without testing and troubleshooting with your team. The cost is far too enormous to have wasted the time, money and effort on doing what they should have helped us with right out of the gate.

None. There's something to be said for the vision they're selling - that you can find the triggers for upsell and forecast pain points, but we're not a wildly unique organization and yet they can't really help us to customize the reports or what we've already identified as opportunities and pain points. Our AI and human discernment is better than anything they've even been able to propose, let alone build for us.

Gainsight review by Nate S.
Nate S.

"Getting a ton of value out of Gainsight"

What do you like best?

Breadth of the solution and ability to customize it to exactly meet our needs. Our CEO looks at our dashboard every day (even weekends). It helps us understand what customers are successful, which are struggling, and what we can do to get them on the path to success.

What do you dislike?

Initially, the documentation lacked context regarding how certain functionality applies to us. This slowed our implementation somewhat as we needed to do our own discovery. Recent updates to the documentation have shown great improvements in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework regarding how to optimize your processes so that you're implementing a good process from the beginning.

Make sure you have good support from your Salesforce team so that you can implement changes that will benefit your Gainsight implementation.

Don't be afraid to reinvent your processes on a regular basis. Dinosaurs get left behind. Gainsight is flexible. You need to be as well.

Identifying slow adopters early and customers who are struggling to reach their desired outcomes.

Providing insight to senior management, the board, and sales leadership regarding renewal forecasting.

Giving CSMs a repeatable process to follow.

Giving CSM management the ability to understand whether CSMs are following the process so they can coach those who may need assistance.

Helping our Support, Operations, and R&D organizations see an overall view of customer health and where TLC may be needed.

Gainsight review by Jessica O.
Jessica O.

"Complete Game Changer!"

What do you like best?

Gainsight allows our team to know which customers to reach out to and when in order to maintain and grow relationship. Gainsight also ensures that each customer is getting the same experience by putting our processes to work for us using CTAs. In addition to the features of the software, we also enjoy the partnership of the entire Gainsight team! This partnership has changed the way we view customer success and the way we treat our customers.

What do you dislike?

While Gainsight has made great strides recently on this, more documentation around the product's features would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework upfront before going to the Express Workshop, if you can. Having your processes and playbooks mapped out will help you when it comes time to implement.

Gainsight allows us to show value to our customers through strategic interactions using CTAs. The customer healthscore that Gainsight shows enables our CSMs to focus in on customers that may be struggling or at risk of churn.

Gainsight review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"An arsenal to scale a world class customer success program"

What do you like best?

Constant innovation for forward thinking CS leaders. The tools at our disposal give us vast possibilities to handle most every problem a Customer Success team encounters. Has something to offer teams of all sizes.

The organization is a force in the customer success community and always is open to hearing new ideas and quickly implementing things that have adequate weight behind it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tools can be unintuitive and the relevant documentation lacking. We're often forced to spend 1-2+ weeks implementing something new as we have to go back and forth with support to get through teh last few steps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to tag at least 1-2 subject matter experts. You need well trained folks to help you stay agile.

Gainsight is the heartbeat of our CS program. It has allowed us to reach more customers at the right time and provide orders of magnitude greater experience to our customers. To put it simply we couldn't do what we do without Gainsight.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"I love this product! It streamlines everything we need."

What do you like best?

I love that there are so many customer success related activities that can all be streamlined in one interface using Gainsight. These activities include training survey responses, tracking our product's API data (usage data), incorporating with the sales process in Salesforce, utilizing Google analytics, etc. I also love that they take feature requests into consideration often and have a highly active support community.

What do you dislike?

The interface can be confusing if you aren't trained properly on the product. There are a lot of tabs, buttons, and configurations that I stumbled upon even after having been trained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to use the community website to understand others' business use cases as often as possible. This really helped allow us to implement our instance of Gainsight because there's SO much data out there and we didn't know where to start! We also really utilized support hours with our dedicated CSMs on a regular basis.

We are trying to maintain our customer health and find correlations between usage/support/outreach and customer retention/churn.

Gainsight review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"Invaluable Client Health Visibility for Your Entire Org"

What do you like best?

Our Client Success team has been relying on Gainsight for over three years (it was in place before I came on board at our company). It provides invaluable insight and visibility into client health for our CSMs and greater organization, creating actionable results. C2A's and reporting enable our CS team to be proactive and not reactive with their book of business. Gainsight has been very receptive to our product feedback. They've also sent our Gainsight CSM on site several times for review of the product, features, etc. with our greater team as well as help develop our long-term strategy with our executive team. Their annual conference, Pulse, in San Francisco each year, has been a real boost to my professional knowledge and networking. Highly recommend Gainsight.

What do you dislike?

Customizeable and saveable views would be a huge plus. The newer email nurturing capabilities do not yet meet our needs. Therefore, we had to setup a makeshift solution between Salesforce and our email management system.

Gainsight is primarily used by the CSMs in our greater Global Client Success org, but it goes beyond that and is an indispensable tool for our executive team as well. We use Gainsight primarily for insight and visibility into client health. We also use it to drive call-to-actions. As a result, we have increased employee efficiency and better, faster client success.

Gainsight review by J.P. M.
J.P. M.

"Gainsight has been a very helpful tool"

What do you like best?

The usability of the rules engine. The new bionic rules have been a huge improvement. I am also continually impressed by the team from my CSM to the various support reps I've worked with.

What do you dislike?

Reporting capabilities. I am constantly struggling with building out reports that are superior to SFDC and Tableau. I understand there is a time and place for each tool, but I'd like to have my team gather everything they need from within Gainsight. A way to embed reports would solve this problem easily.

Managing a large customer base without having an equally large support group. The ability to automatically trigger emails and CTAs has helped us build an effective program for our scaled group.

Gainsight review by Joshua T.
Joshua T.

"Gainsight increases revenue "

What do you like best?

the interface is easy to understand and allows us to quickly check the health of our customers. We are able to better predict churn but also to help up sell customers based off of usage reports.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to setup if you have a lot of applications that do not talk to each other.

Our Account Management team is able to see the health of their customers and react quickly to reach out and improve or maintain relationships

Gainsight review by Jen L.
Jen L.

"Awesome product and people at Gainsight"

What do you like best?

Gainsight as a whole - I love all of the people that work there the most. They are knowledgable and provide great service across the board. As far as the actual product - I love the flexibility that the tool provides. I've used Gainsight at 2 organizations and we've been able to set it up in a way that meets each companies specific needs.

What do you dislike?

Surveys have historically been a bit painful, however much of this challenge has been overcome with the new survey functionality.

We needed a scalable way to understand and improve customer adoption trends, to communicate business value to customers, and to have a consistent view of customer health across our organization. We are in the process of implementing specific GS functionality, for example Success Plans, which will help us solve for our challenges.

Gainsight review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Powerful but challenging"

What do you like best?

If you know the path forward, you can do anything with Gainsight. The rules engine is extremely powerful.

What do you dislike?

Because of the power, it can be challenging to use at times. I have about 200 users and need a full time admin to run things, which I don't have at this time. It also requires someone with strong data background or you will otherwise struggle with the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Truly think through how you're going to support it and get executive buy in on a direction forweard.

Trying to gain visibility into churn and have early warning signs rather than acting reactively. We've gotten better visibility into this with Gainsight for sure.

Gainsight review by Scott S.
Scott S.

"The foundation of our Customer Success Group"

What do you like best?

Gainsight allows our CSMs to effectively manage a high volume of accounts. Tools like the customer health score and CTAs let us prioritize what accounts need attention while the CoPilot email service automates our 1:many marketing approach.

What do you dislike?

I have run into some issues with cross-object reporting, SFDC data storage, and minor UI grievances but Gainsight is quick to address them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Feel free to reach out to me we can chat!

Our CSMs handle a high volume of accounts so it is important to prioritize which ones to engage with first. We also needed to find a way to automate a lot of the interaction between customer and CSM. We are able to do that using personalized emails sent via CoPilot. Finally, we needed a way to gauge the health of our accounts. Gainsight has allowed us to create a unique health score using a variety of data sources.

Gainsight review by Shaun R.
Shaun R.

"Surprise & Delight"

What do you like best?

What we have liked best include the following: SFDC integration, the ability to customize the platform to meet our unique needs, automated interactions for proactive outreach, health scoring and almost most importantly the team. We have be extremely satisfied with the Gainsight team and their expertise.

What do you dislike?

The sponsor tracking isn't quite up to par.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will fall in love with the team and solution very quickly. Be prepared to have someone internally who has experience in administrating Marketo, Salesforce or other similar programs. Our admin is invaluable and we wouldn't be able to do it without their support.

One of the most important aspects of our business is understanding the health of our client base. It is critical to have a pulse on the daily interactions that lead to happy and successful clients who are willing to expand engagement with our products and services. In the past we have tried other solutions of our own making and have really struggled to maintain the mix of spreadsheets, google forms/docs and wiki pages.

What we needed was a tool that integrates into our existing CRM and gives our CSM a one stop shop to access real time notifications about how to progress our clients. With Gainsight that is exactly what we get. We are able to customize the offering to meet our unique business needs and objectives. Within the first three months we have been able to provide tremendous transparency to each CSM as well as cross-functional teams.

Gainsight review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Gainsight is best of breed!"

What do you like best?

We were early adopters of a CS platform. Unfortunately we spent 18 months on a competitive platform that was good but always seemed just behind where we needed as a business and fell short in usability. We made the switch to gainsight and have been thoroughly impressed with the features they are releasing, the speed at which they are releasing them, and the Cx they are putting behind their work and business. While having a best of breed technology in their space they are also thought leaders and CS advocates for the industry. Their network and passion for CS is probably the most enjoyable thing about the company.

What do you dislike?

Honestly it is hard to find anything I don't like about the platform. I think a drawback that anyone in the space has is how new it is and the speed at which consumers are moving. So just like in any company effectively prioritizing and expecting the product backlog is an ongoing fight. Selfishly I wish they could get code out faster, however, they have raised enough capital and engineers recently to alleviate any concern I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to existing clients. Come view it in action at PowerDMS!

Gainsight gives us visibility to at risk accounts, into what activities are happening within all of our accounts, and a reporting side that allows us to parse and review data to find trends that allow us to make forward looking decisions.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great tool that can be highly customized"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is highly customizable allowing you to measure whatever metrics you have, however you want, to trigger a variety of actions. This customization is fairly straight forward for most actions. The CSMs using the tool can give on-going feedback and the tweaks can be implemented quickly. We are able to create meaningful dashboards that give each group of data consumers their own view and the data they need quickly. The support from Gainsight is top-notch and the community is active and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Can be complex depending on the situation. For us, it was not a plug and play system, we needed a lot of out of the box configuration. Sometimes things can be more complex than needed. That being said, Gainsight is constantly improving its product and we have direct sight to some enhancements that will reduce a large amount of this complexity. Additionally, Gainsight only brings in data from Salesforce and Amazon AWS S3 buckets. Having greater flexibility in data sources would be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you properly plan your installation and roll out. Better planning will make implementation and adoption easier on everyone.

Gainsight give us real time views of customer health and the automated triggers, notifying the CSMs of what they need to do, have allowed us to react to problems faster and minimize the negative impact on customers. Also, because we can create playbooks and attach relevant templates, the consistency of our responses has increase, giving batter outcomes and the ability to refine the process for continued improvement.

Gainsight review by Seth W.
Seth W.

"Great coverage of a poorly-served use case"

What do you like best?

As a Gainsight administrator, the configurability is extremely important to me. (There are aspects of the interface that are configurable, but the real power lies in your ability to manipulate the data you're bringing into Gainsight, and the ways that it is fed into the customer health scores, your CSMs' to-do list aka Cockpit, automated emails aka Copilot, and so on.) I've also come to value and depend on Gainsight's online Community. Their product team pays close attention to the posts and conversations there, and provides thoughtful and earnest replies.

What do you dislike?

Aspects of the interface do feel clunky, but they're in the midst of an interface redesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have a dedicated Administrator and Executive Sponsor who have the time and the authority to make decisions and implement changes in Gainsight and Salesforce. We went to an in-person getting-started workshop ("Success Express"), and I could tell that the customers who really struggled there were the ones who hadn't had the time to explore the product's functionalities and develop their priorities and plans, and/or who weren't knowledgeable/technical enough to take immediate action (or who didn't have Salesforce Admin privileges).

Our primary use case is to codify the processes that we want our CSMs to take with every customer, and to alert them to customer situations (e.g., low usage) where, again, they should deploy a specific process.

Gainsight review by Hope W.
Hope W.

"Gainsight Review"

What do you like best?

I like that it can quickly compare me to other members on my team. I can easily get a picture of where I stand and how I am doing with my customers

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I think the graphs can be a little hard to decipher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great way to compare your team!

I have realized that it gives you a good picture of where you are with your clients in regards to other members on my team.

Gainsight review by Tyler L.
Tyler L.

"Positive Experience Transitioning to Customer Success!"

What do you like best?

I'm new to the customer success scene, and Gainsight does a great job helping CS teams understand and manage their business using industry best practices.

What do you dislike?

The platform sits on top of Salesforce, and requires working through the Salesforce functionality. This approach is great, but does require adapting data management to the Salesforce infrastructure.

The business problem we have solved is how to effectively manage software customers using a standardized approach. Our team has noticed marked improvements in efficiency and eliminated missed opportunities.

"Excellent CS Product"

What do you like best?

I love the way Gainsight helps us centralize key information about our customers. I also love that we can trigger proactive CTAs for our CSMs so they have guidance on when action can be taken. I also very much appreciate the thought leadership coming from Gainsight.

What do you dislike?

There are some small features I'd like to see, but they are being worked on. Beyond that, i would say the configuration can sometimes be taxing, but is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have operational support

Proactive Customer Success Management. We have a more efficient and effective group of CSMs, better cross-functional visibility for customer information, and improved ways to network with our peers from other organizations.

Gainsight review by Ernie F.
Ernie F.

"Gainsight - World Class Customer Success Platform"

What do you like best?

The Gainsight customer success (CS) platform was developed by the epitome of thought leaders in this space. The seamless integration of Gainsight with Salesforce.com is huge. The design of the platform infrastructure and product capabilities are so well thought out. As such, it makes it extremely easy to perform day-to-day CS processes with the ability to analyze and view data and outcomes in an intuitive way. Gainsight cares. They listen to their customers. If a wanted feature (very rare) doesn't exist, they work diligently to make it available in the platform.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, there is nothing I dislike about Gainsight.

More effective time management by our CSM team. Insights into a client's health and the attainment of their desired outcomes and value from using our product. In depth analysis of product usage data at both account and user levels.

Gainsight review by Christin S.
Christin S.

"Visibility"

What do you like best?

Ability to see the customer health easily and write notes all over the account while also customizing as we need.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the reporting and widgets could use some work, I find myself exporting a lot to get to the data we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The support we receive from the Customer Success team is amazing. They are timely in feedback and let us know where we can improve without overwhelming us with suggestions on items to implement

customer profile, managing renewals and managing the health of the customer. We have visibility for our accounts now, and the ability to give the c level the information they need on the spot

Gainsight review by User in Computer Software

"Great experience with Gainsight"

What do you like best?

The best outcome of Gainsight was the ability to get advanced insight prior to customer reaching the red zone. Also tracking and reminders were very helpful, along with transparency for our internal team.

What do you dislike?

The price is quite exorbitant and not reasonable for smaller companies. It took me two weeks to be able to get a Gainsight sales person to notice my Sales inquiry which was somehow overlooked, The cost, though listed nowhere on the internet, was 50,000k+ depending on features and company size.

It would be great if there was an out of the box solution for smaller customers to be able to benefit from their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only feasible if you are a large corporate company that is able to dedicate 50,000k minimum to using this service.

Benefits were: decreased customer churn, increased customer loyalty, ability to track health score, CTAs helped to increased productivity with customer interaction, relationship building, tracking actions taken to build the relationship, ability to document the customer interaction which was easy to review and very helpful prior to a follow-up interaction.

Gainsight review by Greg H.
Greg H.

"Gainsight is what you make of it"

What do you like best?

The 1:many approach, Success Plans, Copilot email system (and more importantly the tracking analytics of those emails), Scorecards, and Sponsor Tracking are going to have a significant impact on 2016 and beyond!

They have so many ways to engage with the company, I have found their blog posts, webinars and admin hours to all be helpful in working with the software.

The time I spent with our Project Manager was useful, but I wish I had that time with her now as I would have a much clearer picture of how to leverage it while not wasting a minute. ;-)

What do you dislike?

Our Gainsight implementation has gotten off to a slow start, but more for our own reasons than anything to do with the product.

We bought over a year ago and felt the growing pains of coming on board as Gainsight was just really building out and improving their training/implementation processes. The Express workshop was very informative, but I wish there had been more examples that would've aligned with our instance.

We also didn't have a large amount of data we were able to pull into the platform which delayed our ROI. In our current setup, and then changes we've made internally with some duties being reassigned and the Customer Success team growing, we have a much clearer path to using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have your Customer Success plan laid out at least in a very general sense prior to purchasing. We lost about a year of having it due to internal issues.

We are ramping up our Customer Success efforts and using Gainsight to scale the team to handle a much larger account load per person. We are also slowly creating a health score that reflects the actual sentiment of that account. In trying to go too fast, the health score became meaningless and based on factors that weren't important. Live, learn and iterate!

Gainsight review by Zach B.
Zach B.

"Gainsight will take your Customer Success team to the next level"

What do you like best?

Great customer support from both a personnel and educational materials perspective. In addition, it has a great UI.

What do you dislike?

They have a very powerful rules engine that can really empower your team, but you need someone to be a Gainsight "expert" to really leverage its power. At the same time, the Gainsight team is willing to invest the resources to train up your Gainsight Admin to make them successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend Gainsight to others, because they are the leaders of the Customer Success industry, not only because of a superior product, but also because of their market leadership, phenomenal conferences (Pulse, PulseCheck, PulseEurope) and their educational materials.

Understanding Customer Health of our individual Clients, as well as a holistic view of our whole Client base. In addition, the ability to proactively predict Churn has been a great benefit to our business. The Cockpit feature also empowers our Client Success team to better manage their book of business... outside of email.

Gainsight review by User in Internet

"Great tool to consolidate customer health data"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is an incredibly powerful customer success tool if set up right. It allowed us to pull data from numerous sources, set criterion, combine quantitive data with subjective measures and arrive at an overall picture of customer health and satisfaction. The functionality allowing playbooks and checklists to be created was fantastic and really helped ramp up a growing team.

What do you dislike?

Like much software success is dependent on the implementation and your admins. I recommend taking more time than you estimate to make sure you have internal alignment on what you want to measure and implement. A phased approach is often the best plan. We struggled when we lost all of our admins so I suggest creating some documentation on the basic admin tasks for your specific implementation.

The interface isn't always the most intuitive. When I changed roles and wasn't active in the tool for a couple of months I couldn't figure out where almost anything was or what their quirky labels (things like "Cockpit" and "Copilot") meant. Allowing customer to rename those labels or add help text would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time implementing. Hold end user reviews as there will be lots of good ideas from the wider team that are much harder to incorporate if you wait until after you are live. Get more admins trained than you initially think you need since this application will become very pivotal to many teams.

Gainsight was vital to our Customer Success efforts. Beyond giving us a wholistic view of customers, it was the easiest tool to send out customer notifications and gather feedback. It was a staple for all customer facing teams.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Gainsight is a great tool to enable Customer Success"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Gainsight is the ability to customize the application to your company needs. You can pull in important data and be able to truly see an overview of your customers. This allows the Customer Success team to do there job even better.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isnt much to dislike about Gainsight. I havent found anything to make me feel that way!

We are able to enable our customer success team to have plans and different playbooks that helps them know what to do in different situations. We are one step ahead.

Gainsight review by Mikael B.
Mikael B.

"Jumping onboard with Gainsight"

What do you like best?

Integration with salesforce is flawless and Gainsight Elements is exactly what our CSMs need to prepare for our Business reviews. All the manual work is out the window as Gansight handles what 5 other systems we currently use can!

What do you dislike?

We will need to do some more digging on how in depth integration will look, SOW and pricing, as we are looking for a more complex style of reporting and dashboards. Webhave already set up follow ups on this

Replacement of multiple systems to get stuff done, quick one click access to everything we need to give our clients the best journey possible!

Gainsight review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Gainsight - customer success tool of choice"

What do you like best?

Gainsights's approach to customer success as a whole. They provide a product as well as thought leadership in the area of customer success.

What do you dislike?

No real dislike - one are for improvement is to better embrace thew european market with all its facets of different languages and currencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gainsight is one of the only CS software providers that have a strong UK based presence. It is increadibly helpful to have local resources and experts.

Understanding the health of our customer base, operationalizing the CSM tasks, powerful reporting and insights accross all available customer datapoints

Gainsight review by User in Internet

"Great customer success- great tool"

What do you like best?

Their support during onboarding, regular meetings and hands-on help for any encountered issue.

What do you dislike?

Timezone coverage of their support team usually means for European business they need to wait to the next business day before getting one answer, and can't really exchange more than one email per day

Getting visibility on our enterprise customers, who are they, what is their relationship with us, what is their customer health. Automation of CS tasks, automated rules to trigger CTAs based on usage data from our customers. Benefits: we've been able to identify top-priority customers to cover +95% of our enterprise customer base in terms of MRR, instead of focusing on # of customers.

Gainsight review by Pat K.
Pat K.

"Progressive Product - Professional People"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has consistently stayed ahead of the curve from a product and market perspective. It is comforting to know that not only are they striving to build a great product and brand, but they are striving to build a great resource for Customer Success Professionals to understand and do their jobs better.

What do you dislike?

Early on support was slow to resolve issues, but this has improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do everything you can to clean up your Salesforce,com data.so that when you migrate it over it will be as pain free as possible.

We were an early adopter of Gainsight to address customer health assessment and knowledge within the organization. We have improved at identifying at-risk customers earlier and addressing the risk sooner resulting in a higher retention rate. In our three years of using the platform we have raised our retention rate over 10%.

Gainsight review by User

"Easier to Use than CRM, GoldMine, and Lots of Roomto Grow"

What do you like best?

Ease of switching displays and doing multiple tasks at once, interface is intuitive, graphs available, and the level of personalization for our company is priceless.

What do you dislike?

Opening a tab for every new search, not being able to search for a client by CONTAINS when trying to create a CTA instead of having to have their full first portion of the business, tasks that you create on your homepage don't flow with CTA tasks, and the email integration is nonexistent.

Easier to let everyone in our client-facing dept know what technical resources like myself are working on for their clients.

Gainsight review by Gabriel H.
Gabriel H.

"Very robust tool for supporting a company's customer lifecycle process"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is a grain tool for gaining insight into your business's customers, automating touch points for the higher volume of those smaller customers (80/20 rule), implementing and streamlining processes within you CSM/AM/Sales teams, as well as helping your Salesforce team take over control of customer data from your back-end development team.

What do you dislike?

Gainsight is not an analytics tool and although it's reporting capabilities are robust, they could be more aligned with Salesforce1 reporting.

Gainsight supports our 3 focus areas: on boarding, add-ons and renewals. The key benefits are derived from:

- time saved prepping for EBR/QBRs

- time saved from automating email communication

- improved processes and time saved from to automated generated call to actions (rules which monitor your customer data)

- better decision making

Gainsight review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Tracking & logging customer interaction made easy"

What do you like best?

There is a fantastic community that allows users to post questions and use cases so you can better use the tool. CTAs are also huge and help make customer management a "no brainer."

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an outlook plug in to automatically sync emails to Timeline

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider hiring someone to manage Gainsight internally - it is a beast and takes more than just one person doing it on top of their normal duties.

Customer touchpoints and tracking are more accurate and easier to log. We have a more defined process of what is expected.

Gainsight review by Christian R.
Christian R.

"Delivers great value, but needs proper setup and onboarding support"

What do you like best?

- Feature richness (true 360┬░ view of customers, NPS, automation / rules engine)

- Onboarding support / service orientation

What do you dislike?

- Click paths sometimes not very intuitive - tool really needs to be learned

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Bring in dedicated resources for implementation and administration

- Sort your data (IDs, events, elimination of PII) before starting the implementation

- Focusing the CSM resources on the right customers

- Understanding the health of the customer base and single customers

- Enabling automation to keep in contact with tech touch customers

Gainsight review by James L.
James L.

"SaaS Company Keeps Engaged with Customers Via Gainsight"

What do you like best?

I think that Gainsight's tight integration with our CRM Salesforce, is the strongest aspect of their product. Our business runs completely on the Salesforce platform and as such we need a solution which can provide deep insight into all aspects of our customer's health, within the window of Salesforce's account views. This connectivity also helps kick off certain workflows around customer activities that we enjoy.

The UI for quickly scrolling down a customer's record to get to specific sections is also helpful for fast navigation. Reporting capabilities help us keep tabs on the bigger picture of our customer's current state and make more strategic program decisions.

What do you dislike?

I think that there can be some improvement around how data is captured within certain fields such as Habits, Support, Sponsorship, etc. These fields are very small and as such I have to scroll through not only the account record but also the individual windows to get the necessary information. An option to display these smaller fields in a bigger window would be helpful.

Being a SaaS company, keeping up to date with our customer's use of our solutions is critical and of course we want to keep engaged with our customers in the most appropriate way. Every customer is different, so Gainsight helps us keep everything organized and orderly.

"Very helpful tool!"

What do you like best?

Gainsight makes managing a large portfolio of clients possible in a scaled manner. It allows my team to easily keep track of client contacts, store notes, and automate client outreach to ensure all clients are hearing from us on a regular cadence. It also frees up time for them to do more important tasks.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that could be improved, but the Gainsight team is usually very receptive to feedback, so overall this is a very minor complaint.

Providing client success strategy to a large portfolio of small to medium clients in a scaled way.

Gainsight review by Eraj S.
Eraj S.

"Market leading service with an excellent customer success team "

What do you like best?

In addition to a market leading product, Gainsight provides great thought leadership in the customer success space, delivered through their customer success team. It is a great benefit to have in conjunction with the Gainsight platform itself. This focus on customer success is obviously reflected in their product development as they continue to iterate and enhance features.

Our CSMs use CTAs, Co-pilot and other features regularly. Most of the established features are easy to set up and operate, in general. Time to value is short for the initial implementation, however we benefit from continually updating and refining our implementation as we grow familiar with new features and optimize established ones.

What do you dislike?

Some of the usability can certainly be improved. For instance, views don't maintain any stickiness, and if a user pages back from a view, the filters on that page are lost. There also isn't a quick save feature for most commonly used filters. A user would have to go into the main set and create a full report with the exact filters for any permutation. That can be a painful experience, overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get started with professional services, ease into the implementation and feature roadmap gradually. Utilize sandbox to test and test again before releasing to customer interactions.

We have created much cleaner customer contact mechanisms through Gainsight, and the data discovery and review for customer usage is greatly improved. There have been many a-ha moments across customer segments where we have reached insights rapidly through the visual representation of data.

Features like Co-pilot have also improved our customer communication process, and created benefit in the SMB and MM segments.

Gainsight review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"Use daily as an end user"

What do you like best?

The automation features allow me to identify risk with my accounts early and manage to it accordingly. I have been able to head off potential issues proactively instead of waiting for them to blow up.

I also really like how configurable it is to adapt to our specific needs.

What do you dislike?

The way we have Gainsight configured allows some users to "game" the system and represent false health scores. This leads to inaccurate reporting and misrepresentation of the health of the overall portfolio. There are a few bugs and page load speed becomes an issue sometimes. I also wish you could change the views on some fields to avoid scrolling in the little boxes.

When our organization first implemented Gainsight, we didn't use all of the functionality available and the processes were very manual. In the last few months we have turned that around with the help of our Gainsight CSM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time up front to configure it to your business needs. Don't just install and figure it out.

Problem 1: Visibility into accounts across the organization

Problem 2: Managing the day to day activities of accounts and ensuring Customer Success Managers stay on top of the needs of their customers.

Visibility has improved significantly since we started using Gainsight in the way it was intended. Dashboards are key to provide insight into portfolio health.

The system is only as good as the users commitment to using it though. It works when used, but can be cumbersome to input updates and requires a lot of admin overhead.

Gainsight review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Gainsight - Launching Us to the Next Level"

What do you like best?

Dashboards and the streamlined ease of use. When meeting with my CSMs, we can very quickly get a synopsis of the account, what's going on with them, etc.

What do you dislike?

Life before Gainsight! Salesforce was so limited in it's capabilities. I love the interface so much more. No more scrolling through an Account to get to what I really need.

Before Gainsight, CSMs were managing their accounts in various ways. We have now been able to get everyone on the same page, provide more proactive time to clients instead of reactive.

Gainsight review by Damon W.
Damon W.

"Gainsight - The Tool for Customer Success"

What do you like best?

For how we use Gainsight at my company, we call it "The Tool of Truth". It holds all information about customers and accounts that we rely on it for almost everything. The biggest part is the automatic rules and CTAs, this is useful for how we track the statuses of our customers and everything resides in the Cockpit for easy review.

What do you dislike?

The UI can be a bit buggy and is a somewhat clunky. The buttons along the side don't work as well as we would like them to but they are functional enough. This could be because we keep adding more and more information but regardless, the system should be able to handle it if this is going to be the main tool for Customer Success Teams moving forward.

I work with Gainsight a lot, usually am the person that puts in the information into Gainsight or running CTAs.

Gainsight review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Gainsight is effective and delivers"

What do you like best?

Gainsight has allowed us to scale the number of Customers managed while focusing on proactive outreach. Prior, we were using a bunch of tools but did not have the insight nor the functionality we have now. Gainsight has continued to develop the product, enhancing existing features and adding new, relevant features. Gainsight is now the primary tool used by CSMs. They are able to manage and track all for their customers easily.

What do you dislike?

The implementation process was a bit slow (though I understand they have addressed that since we were implemented). Sometimes it's hard to determine whether rules will conflict or update data properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gainsight's product development and content generation has been right in line with our company as our product and CSM group grow.

We have a one to many model and we were well beyond the capacity of what individual CSMs could manage. We have been able to effectively address attrition and promote upsells using Gainsight. Both areas have seen significant improvement, in part attributable to our implementation of Gainsight.

Gainsight review by Jason M.
Jason M.

"Our flashlight in the cave"

What do you like best?

Visibility into our customer's health at a glance. Ability to trigger CSM workflow with the rules engine is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more templates and pre-built solutions for playbooks and health scoring. Vault is a huge step in the right direction for this. We just don't seem to have enough time to build out everything we want from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attend a PULSE conference to get a taste of what Gainsight is all about.

Customer success for a SAAS security platform. Our main use case was visibility into the health of a given customer. Gainsight was great for that.

Gainsight review by Chloe P.
Chloe P.

"Potential MUST-HAVE Tool for Scaling CS Team!"

What do you like best?

- Centralize information from SFDC, Zuroa, Zendesk, and Interana. CSMs are save time during call prep by going to C360.

- Holding CSMs accountable for renewals, CTAs, customer health

- NPS Surveys. This is now an integral part of getting feedback to Product Team

- Automating processes!

- Quick onboarding of new staff

What do you dislike?

- LONG implementation process. Initial proposed timeline was not helpful at all and items were checked as done when it's not.

- Would be helpful to have in-app instructions? Not everything is easy to set up.

- Transparency: How are CSMs doing with their account? How are customers using our products?

- Accountability: Are CSMs reaching out to their accounts regularly?

- Centralization of systems: Everything in one place: subscriptions, data usage, Zendesk tickets. Save a lot of time!

- Show ROI on CS

- Saves time on reporting

- Getting regular feedback from customers

Gainsight review by Alanna Flynne M.
Alanna Flynne M.

"So far, so good!"

What do you like best?

Love the CTAs, the Daily Dashboard, and the Metrics Dashboard.

Looking forward to getting insight into client health as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far.

We are just getting started with MVP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am excited about what this tool can do for us!

Managing relationships with our clients and monitoring client health.

Gainsight review by Lee F.
Lee F.

"My overall experience has been positive. "

What do you like best?

This product allows us to not only identify key signals on our accounts/campaigns, it allows us to provide a remedy or best practice on how to ensure our customer's success.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike a specific part of the product. I think our industry, specifically our company has been particularly challenging for your product to work out of the box.

It's proven to be a heavier lift than we initially scoped. I wish we could have taken more time to do a deeper dive prior to agreeing to the initial SOW. I think our needs would have come out more with some further conversations, but I say this knowing hindsight is 20/20.

It by no means is a critique of the product, but potentially the implementation. I still would have moved forward based on my assessment, but would have liked to understand the all the challenges we faced later in the implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand your data inputs into Gainsight. This will be key to a successful implementation.

Think not only about current state, but the future state you want Gainsight to solve for and help you get to. No sense in investing if you are not trying to improve upon what you are currently doing.

Standardizing best practices across all of our offices.

Providing AMs/CSMs a single point of truth to address their campaigns and book of business. Allowing them to react to alerts and address the proper play/fix.

Gainsight review by Heather B.
Heather B.

"Gainsight is Great!!"

What do you like best?

We're pretty new to the product but we're LOVING all of the options it offers. It's going to give our CSMs a 'home base' from which to manage their portfolio of customers and day-to-day tasks, which is something that has been sorely missing from their workflow to date. We're very excited about using the platform.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any pointed dislikes so far. My pain points are more centered around wanting to dedicate a ton of attention to building out the platforms every day because it is a pretty involved product from a conceptual point of view, but I support a few different teams so I'm unable to do that today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!

I spoke about this a lot above but it's mainly going to organize and centralize the Customer information and to-dos for our CSMs and also provide them with predictability in their days. We're also very excited about the option to expose the information via widgets on our SFDC space for the non-GS users in our company to capture the benefit of the system.

Gainsight review by User

"Still Implementing - Looking for the Light!"

What do you like best?

Easy connection to Salesforce.com. Fairly intuitive navigation. All of my clients in one space and action item creation.

What do you dislike?

Lack of automated email to gainsight connection makes documenting most client communication manual. I'm not getting any automated reminders about activities or alerts about potential health issues. This may be due to our delay in functioning integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that you have a clear implementation plan and alignment with your Salesforce admin before getting started. Set leadership expectations appropriately. Use your implementation hours wisely!

Looking to have proactive customer monitoring and health alerts. Reporting on activity and associated risks. So far, gainsight has not made my CSM work any easier - it has been the opposite with a lot of requests to compete manual information updates.

Gainsight review by User in Computer Software

"GainSight provides very good insights into account activity and usage details"

What do you like best?

I love to use the GainSight integration with Tableaut and our internal support app. I have now one tool where I can use all the other tools that are connected to it.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the re-apprearance of certain CTA' s even when I closed them down a day before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

.None

We try to get all information into one place as a single tool of truth. It enables me to find all necessary information in one place only and I can connect with other business tools without the need to log out and/or switch into another tool.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Robust and Complex Customer Success Solution"

What do you like best?

It's a one stop shop for everything/anything about our customers, but it also gives our team the support and proactive prompts to keep our customers happy.

Also love all the thought leadership pieces from the Gainsight team.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very complex, and requires a lot of set up. If you haven't been through the intensive onboarding session, it's very hard to get to grips with the platform but then also motivate my team to then use it too.

Without full buy in from our customer success team, the data can't be accurate, so it would be great to have more training sessions geared to motivate end users and get them excited about using Gainsight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your whole team on board with the platform, make sure the roll out is phased.

Gainsight helps us pull together all our customer info and helps keeps us on the front foot of any risks and unhealthy behaviours. This then allows us to report back the value of customer success to our organisation.

Gainsight review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Excellent Enterprise Level Customer Success Management Application"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is a very powerful tool for improving efficiency, role clarity and overall in providing a better customer experience. If you can take the time to understand how to use it effectively it can be a game-changer for how you operate. It could be overwhelming for some though as it is built with an enterprise focus (in my opinion). The data integrations are key for really being able to get the insights you need.

What do you dislike?

Given that you can create complex data structures it is sometimes hard to narrow down where an issue could be. As someone who didn't originally design the model we are using it's not always easy to identify where a specific metric is coming from/how it's being calculated without really digging in. It's not necessarily a dislike but something that can take time as you're making adjustments.

We are just starting to execute a 6 month plan that includes a series of new functionality in Gainsight but we're hoping to gain a lot of efficiencies using co-pilot and email assist more effectively as well as focus on having one place for customer information that everyone can leverage.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

Gainsight is a customer success efficiency tool, and it's helped me stay organized, communicate with my client base, and provide detailed relevant data to my clients on a regular proactive basis. I feel like the tool is very customizable to our needs, and we utilize the different product features (timeline, success plans, cockpit) to help our team stay on top of their interactions with clients, and provide relevant data back to them about usage.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with sync to salesforce and our other internal tools that have been a bit problematic. I do get some pushback from my team about CTA's and having similar functionality in salesforce. The trick is syncing both of these features to not make double work for them, and to also make it as user friendly as possible..

Customer success inefficiencies, and lack of organization. Gainsight provides relevant client information for me all in one place. We use a lot of different tools at my company. and Gainsight is able to pull all of it together in an aesthetically pleasing way.

Gainsight review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Gainsight is a great tool to manage your customers and maximize your relationship."

What do you like best?

There are a lot of great features within Gainsight. Having a health score for each customer is a great tool and allows you to prioritize you action plans. Call To Action is a great tool as its helps drive proactive behaviors to support customers. The connection to Salesforce is great too, because while Gainsight is used by our Customer Success team, the rest of our organization uses Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

I find that sometimes within Gainsight it takes extra steps to add/update data. Not every field is like this but some are. For example, when you create a Success Plan you might want to update a field within the plan info page, but in order to do so you need to switch to objectives to update that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand how you are trying to support your customers. If you are trying to grow their business, have a strong business relationship, and stay in front of any issues, then I would recommend considering Gainsight. It is a tool that when used and updated to pull imprortant data/metrics to improve your insights into your customers it can be very powerful.

We are solving the business problem that customers do not have a dedicated contact within the company that understands their business, objectives, support trends, and overall opportunities. We have realized many benefits through Gainsight, for example we have been able to stay in front of support cases and solve errors within a timely manner. This promotes more strategic discussions over day to day task.

Gainsight review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"A must in any ToolBox"

What do you like best?

CTA Rules engine allows us to get a real feel for all customer risks. The dashboards enablement allows each CSM to get a view of their customers in one area without having to look at each account record.

What do you dislike?

The lack of flexibility. Not all SAAS company's are the same. There are too many aspects of Gainsight which are not flexible, and require you to be that Round Hole in a Square Hole.

Future versions must give the customer the ability to tailor the Platform to their specific needs.

All aspects of the Success Organization are benefiting. As each area within the Company learns about what we are doing with Gainsight they want to get involved and see what we are building.

Gainsight review by Rebeka A.
Rebeka A.

"Helps me stay connected to our customers"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface. Always making improvements to the platform. Displaying data and information is super simple and readable.

What do you dislike?

Depending on what data you're viewing, it can take a little bit to load.

With Gainsight, I'm reaching out to customers faster, solving support cases, and staying on top of tasks. I realized that Gainsight was the missing piece for Customer Success.

Gainsight review by Andrea S.
Andrea S.

"Gainsight has made completing and tracking CTAs to complete so much easier!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to easily track tasks I have set for my customers and being able to apply playbooks to similar customer situations so I always know what the next step is.

What do you dislike?

I dislike being unable to change the Event type after creating CTAs. It'd be great to be able to edit that rather than having to delete it and create a new one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how important it is for you and others to be able to easily track the health of your customers at any given time.

I'm able to properly kick-off my customers and follow the renewal process by applying playbooks. I can easily identify customer health with scorecards and it's readily available for my manager and other executives in my company to review. Also, developing and tracking success plans throughout the customer lifecycle will be valuable in the future.

Gainsight review by Kara M.
Kara M.

"Excellent product for managing our existing customers"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, ease of setting up rules and reports, quantity of data at our finger tips

What do you dislike?

I receive a ton of emails with updates from Gainsight

Managing and monitoring the client more thoroughly - renewals, usage, sponsor changes

Gainsight review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Gainsight Review"

What do you like best?

Gainsight makes process easy! Our teams are able to do things like upsell, mitigate risk, and communicate regularly with their customers by leaning on Gainsight and the tools it provides.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it were a bit easier to adapt for a global company

We've gained more clarity around risk and risk factors, as well as given our team a great framework and playbook to follow to mitigate risk should it occur.

Gainsight review by Ryan H.
Ryan H.

"Gainsight makes our data actionable."

What do you like best?

Before Gainsight, we were spending a lot of time just looking at our accounts to see if there was a need for contact. Gainsignt allows us to spend less time looking for things to do and more time doing what needs to be done. While we are working the accounts that need attention, Gainsight is monitoring all other account to let us know as new needs arise.

What do you dislike?

The 360 view is not as versatile as I would like. I still spend quite a bit of time going back to the traditional account view in sales force because editing is much easier from there. If the 360 view were fully editable, I would be totally satisfied. The other piece that can be frustrating is the search feature. The only fully functional search mode is 'Customer name starts with.' Of course, the Salesforce search can search for anything and pull up different accounts that match the criteria. If Gainsight improves their search function, I will be very pleased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start slow. CTA overload is a real thing. When starting with Gainsight, we began with 5 CTAs and for those of us with full account loads were quickly bogged down in too many CTAs to be helpful. As time has gone on and we have been able to refine CTAs and resolve issues, they are firing at a much more reasonable rate.

Gainsight helps us scale. Each CSM is able to more effectively manage a larger number of accounts. It has also helped standardize our responses to actionable items.

"Customer Success Manager"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the fact that there seems to be a lot of automation and it can take a lot of leg work out of my job

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure, I exactly dislike anything much. I need more experience with it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can help you with your customer success if you know how to use it

We are trying to monitor and track usage and consumption with calls to action. We are also trying to onboard more efficiently

"Keeps me organized!"

What do you like best?

I love that all of the client information and notes are in one place. Automated reminders also make it really easy for me to create a to-do list.

What do you dislike?

I am not super pleased with the email function in Gainsight. It has been difficult for my team to implement and doesn't have the features we want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have not looked at other platforms but it works great for what we need.

We did not have a single source of truth or a standardized way of doing things. Gainsight solved that.