Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

(4 reviews)

Gamma is an intelligent software analytics platform that enables enterprises to monitor, manage and improve their software quality.

Work for Gamma?

Learning about Gamma?

Gamma Reviews

Ask Gamma a Question
Showing 7 Gamma reviews
Gamma review by Thomas L.
Thomas L.

"Great insights, easy to handle, management friendly"

What do you like best?

I do like the possibility to assure the quality of software development. Gamma provides technical insights and provides help for the developers as well as KPI for the management. The progress of projects is easy to document and to monitor while you can assure that the quality rises.

I couldn't imagine any software development project withouth the use of Gamma anymore.

The software is easy to use and fair priced.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it took us to long to understand how Gamma could push our projects into a better direction.

As I mentioned earlier:

- providing hints and tips for developers to improve their source code

- giving insights to the managment what the development teams are working on

- assuring, that the quality of the delivered and implemented source code rises every realease

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gamma
Gamma review by Consultant

"By far the most mature approach for code quality confirmation/remediation"

What do you like best?

I could analysis my code in minutes with a simple upload of a zip file (other methods possible).

Gamma gave me a complete view of all aspects of my code including design & dependency issues.

I also gave me VALID/RELEVANT metrics Vs the so-called metrics of the more dated tools out there.

Finally, the prioritization engine of Gamma is super-precise and it was human-checked later and verified. It can help save many hours of work, great help.

What do you dislike?

I assume Acellere comes from industry with the best support for C/C++/C##/Objective C and Java.

So the full Gamma experience is somewhat degraded for other languages like Php or JS. Still great results and prioritization but no design issues for example.

It took me some time to understand how to navigate the features, some kind of interactive help-menu would have helped

Before launching into a business venture I like to investigate the business and the opportunity.

Prior to Gamma I had no reliable, trustworthy insights into the digital assets of the said businesses, nor their product in effect.

Existing tools only gave me lists of code issues and “smells” (wtf??) which obviously equates to nothing!

Now with Gamma I can have that view and compare it/contrast it with other opportunities.

What Peer Code Review solution do you use?

Gamma review by Josh W.
Josh W.

"Very powerful tool with a somewhat steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

The sheer number of metrics and ease of generating them is phenomenal. The default set of evaluation criteria is very well aligned with what you would expect and there was immediate value after the first scan. some of the visualization tools are things I didn't even know I needed in my life until I tried them out. Each repository you add only counts against your LoC limit once, unless you add it as a separate project. You can select which branch you need to scan each time you initiate a scan as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of the descriptions and acronyms are not linked with their definitions yet, but from speaking with the team, that is something that's coming down the pipe. I would ideally like to see their pricing model support line of code packs in exchange for less # of scans, but i understand why their current model doesn't support this. In our use case as more of a static analysis tool, we don't need constant scanning, and we don't need many users to have access to the tool. Unfortunately, with the current model, we would need to upgrade to a 50+ user pack to cover all of the LoC that we would need in order to scan our entire code base.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gamma is free to test with open source repositories (there's a limit to the number of scans per day though), so I definitely recommend trying it out with your favorite OSS repo. You'll be able to test out some of the amazing evaluation tools Gamma has built up and I think you'll immediately see the benefit of having it targeted at your own codebase.

We're using the tool to help identify areas that can be refactored easiest, as well as to help guide those refactors. Being able to easily find all of the giant "god classes" and see how they could be broken cleanly into smaller ones is super helpful.

Gamma review by Antonius S.
Antonius S.

"technical experiance"

What do you like best?

Gamma is more than an Static Code Analysis Tool. Gamma is even more a quality platform for software development. Gamma has been developed as a modular system and in so far Gamma can be easy extended and scaled. Metrics, KPIs and non-negotiable quality indicators as part of the standard package.

State of the art platform!

What do you dislike?

With the GDPR the application of the principle "privacy by design" has been established round Europe . Technical measures have to be used in the context of engineering design and data protection-friendly set up and prove these topics. If these principles are projected on software development, and especially on source code, it is necessary to implement mechanism to analyse data privacy by design and by default.

As an independent advisor my reputation is everything. Gamma helps clearly and positively demonstrate the quality of my work. Worth (small) investment

Gamma review by Kenny L.
Kenny L.

"An awesome refactoring help"

What do you like best?

I like the speed of scanning, the possibility to integrate with Jira and the ease of making issues out of your code smells.

What do you dislike?

There ain't really a thing I dislike. The only two things I missed but ain't necessary are a coupling with VSTS and an app to check scans or do some stuff. I'm used to be able to check some stuff with apps like a bitbucket app.

Gamma helps me to learn more about code smells and refactoring. It helps me to really look at my code.

Gamma review by Holger G.
Holger G.

"Very interesting and promising analytics platform"

What do you like best?

Very good UI and usability, partition editor has to be specially mentioned as this offers an intelligent way to provide input to improve software architecture.

What do you dislike?

Missed integration into developers' IDE, was mentioned to exist in the near future though.

Hints for separation of code and architecture improvement.

Improvement of quality of code.

Gamma review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"wonderful tool !!!"

What do you like best?

the tool provide best indicators and design issues for our project, we use gamma for our open source project and honestly its a great and powerful tool !!!

What do you dislike?

nothing to dislike in this project,

audit code + design issues.

Learn more about Gamma

Gamma Videos

Learning about Gamma?

* We monitor all Gamma reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
(4 reviews)