Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Gather

(255 reviews)

Gather is streamlining the way private events are planned, empowering thousands of restaurants and venues with innovative software to grow their event business.

Work for Gather?

Learning about Gather?

Gather Reviews

Showing 255 Gather reviews
Gather review by Star G.
Star G.

"Gather is Great!"

What do you like best?

Gather makes my life at work so much easier. I use Gather from home, on my cell phone and at work to organize and host events at our establishment.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to easier track return guests, or setup a recurring reservation. We have a lot of clients that book the 1st Monday of every month or the 13th of every month, etc. It would be nice to do this all at once rather than having to create several different events and send so many different email proposals.

It would also be nice if you could create events and check the entire calendar from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend attending the webinar on Wednesdays! I have learned so much and really helped achieve all of my business goals and get on the right track to bring in more revenue for the company.

I try to attend the webinar most Wednesdays because I continually learn from them!I also really love how I can track how much money I am helping bring into the business by adding payments and tracking them by category, to help myself reach business goals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gather
Gather review by Laurie S.
Laurie S.

"AMAZING! Has changed our business in so many ways!"

What do you like best?

I love how connected I can be to clients at any moment. The phone app allows me to check availability on the go and respond quickly to questions through messages. My response time to clients inquiries is so important to stay ahead of any competition and Gather allows me to do that from anywhere and with little material on hand.

What do you dislike?

No Calendar view in mobil app, Would be much quicker to check availability for specific dates. Currently I have to scroll through hundreds of bookings to find!

No full messages fed on desktop version, if multiple messages are received in one day it is hard to review without having to look back through emails sent confirming receiving. This could be another top tab!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a small event business LIFE CHANGER! The staff is amazing and works with you every step of the way! Once you're set up EVERYTHING just falls in to place and your business is prepared to GROW! Personally my ability to manage multiple events on our small property has GREATLY improved our profits. I felt so limited prior to the use of Gather but now have the abilities to book to capacity without risk of overbooking. God I love this program!

Paperless everything is my overall goal as a General Manager. Even though I still have clients who insist on printing the contract and returning I have cut down on individual files needed immediately.

What Venue Management solution do you use?

Gather review by Susynn S.
Susynn S.

"Williwaw and Humpy's review of Gather"

What do you like best?

Easy user functionality, ability to tag other event coordinators in events, simple and clean design. Since starting to use Gather this has been the most organized our organization has been when it comes to events.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. We also use Gather for a variety of different events not just private caterings. So it doesn't always perfectly fit our whole calendar of events but is a good base point for all of them. Would be nice if Gather looked at incorporating other events such as concerts, weekly promos and so forth that many restaurants have to do in order to get people in their doors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. As an event planner with over 100 bookings on the calendar for 2017 already this software has been essential.

We didn't have any proposal system, so first and foremost having official proposals to send clients for private parties has been essential for us. Secondly, having a record of all our bookings in one spot has saved time and energy tracking down details of repeat or annual events.

Gather review by wendy a.
wendy a.

"Easy to use, professional look and a true time-saver!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and constant upgrades. Speedy turnaround on menu uploads.

What do you dislike?

Invoices are limited. I wish the BEOs could fit upon 1 page

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’ve been using Gather here at Divani and I LOVE how easy it is and how professional proposals look. It tracks your leads, allows for online proposal approvals, automatically prepares a Chef BEO, menus and much, much more. Needless to say, it saves me a ton on time and we feel it’s worth the added monthly expense. The people at Gather really work for their money. Every time we have a new menu come out, I have them upload it so I can focus on more important things. Work is completed in a timely manner, always. They really do listen to suggestions too and do whatever they can to give you what you need. As you can tell, I can’t say enough good things.

Tracking leads have been solved. I save more time than ever anticipated.

Gather review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Sales & Event Manager Gather Review "

What do you like best?

I like the look and layout of the program. I also enjoy that the email communication will link to my gmail account. It is very easy to edit.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can not add internal notes for the kitchen. There are details that I need to add on the event summaries that I do not need to client seeing. To have to go back and add/delete these items between my "chef BEO" and "event summary" is time consuming and tedious.

Clients get confused with seeing the Gather email address and a lot of them have a hard time with the links. As tech forward as society is now, people seem to still enjoy being sent pdfs vs. links. Also I have had the issue of running into firewalls with the Gather email communication. Some companies can't even receive the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly. You will have to train your client a bit on how to use the portal and watch out for your Gather emails being routed to SPAM or the client not recognizing that it is actually coming from you. Beyond that the layout is clear and the features are easy to use/update.

The reports are easy to pull and help with tracking sales goals, seeing trends and following up with leads. Gather is also very easy to edit when it comes to adding in notes, menus and templates.

Gather review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Tool for success! "

What do you like best?

Gather is very easy to use, and so incredibly helpful! I also love how responsive and friendly their customer supports reps are. My clients really appreciate being able to see their information all in one place online, and it definitely make us look good!

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the features were more customizable to our specific needs. But I really appreciate that their customer support team understands that this is important to me, and are always asking for my feedback.

I also wish they had a support team taking calls and emails in my time zone (PST).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying out, especially if you don't currently use any event management software. I used to do everything on Google Docs, but now I'm totally hooked on Gather. It's saves me so much time and is so easy to use. My clients love it, too!

I used to spend HOURS doing paperwork, and now I spend MINUTES! It affords me a lot more time to spend acquiring new business, and to giving special attention to current clients.

Gather review by Shelby C.
Shelby C.

"Thank God for Gather "

What do you like best?

I help manage the catering side of my company. That entails being responsible for the catering out of 3 restaurants around Austin, Tx. With that being said, my mind goes about 200mph constantly, so Gather is basically the translator that slows me down and makes sure I don't forget anything going that fast all the time. It's really simple to understand and has really helped our team communication within my company. Especially between myself and our director. We can update things real time and know the other person is going to see it. Team communication is also a great tool in making sure everyone, from ourselves to the general managers and kitchen managers, all stay up to date.

What do you dislike?

The financials section is sometimes tricky, but I am also new to using it. Not a whole lot I don't like. Perhaps it needs more colors to color code different events with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We run catering out of 3 high volume stores 24/7

It would be a lot more difficult without Gather. Definitely worth it.

Team communication. Prior to using gather we just emailed and used excel. It was a nightmare. And you can't really communicate with other management through excel unless you're constantly saving and re uploading documents to send in emails back and forth. Forget that, Gather solved that inconvenience.

Communication with the guest also improved, it's easy to send them gather where everything is set up for them to see at a glance for their event. That way they know what they're getting prior to accepting our services.

Gather review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Love Gather--great platform. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep all pertinent event info in one single space that a variety of personnel can access. It is easy for customers to use as well--I love that they can preview their proposal and make payments online. I also really like that all communications I have with a contact are shown within their file--that has really cut down on my time spent digging through old emails, and having to rack my brain to remember details we discuss.

What do you dislike?

The only improvement I would suggest -which I have to the company--is to make the auto generated menu a bit more personalized. Right now, the menu function does not help because it auto formats things very generically. We have backgrounds on our menu with our logo and that sort of thing, so I basically have to recreate the menu each time.

The only other thing--the app isn't that great. I can do some work off it, but it is very minimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try--you will love it. so easy to use. Everyone on my team loves it.

Keeping all info in one succinct place, an online tool easy to access from anywhere, a means to collect deposits, track financials, keep contacts, etc. Decrease in time to schedule events. Decrease in overall time to get event proposal signed. Electronic accepting of proposal is amazing.

Gather review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Gather Review from Funky Buddha Brewery"

What do you like best?

I love that Gather is extremely user friendly for our staff as well as our guests. All functionalities are easy to use and can be customized to work exactly as we need them to.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Gather had a way to alert clients that their payment is use, via email. Also, pulling up the BEOs on the mobile app directs you to open it as a file through your email and that can get confusing for some of our in house users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please add the option for guests to receive email updates about their event such as due payments and count changes.

We are solving the issue of having to constantly try to get clients to speak with us on the phone about their events. With Gather all of their information is in front of them online, and therefore we do not have to take a moment of their time to speak over the phone.

Gather review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Gather saved my life!"

What do you like best?

The email communication thread that stores all the information from the clients initial inquiry, to the thank you email. You can simply look at all emails in one place so you can pick up immediately as that phone rings and refresh your memory of what you last talked about.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike- which I deal with as everything else is all amazing! A lot of clients emails block the special email thread and many times it goes into their spam. This has caused a few hiccups along the process. I just always make sure to follow up with an additional email if I haven't heard back or seen that the client "opened" the email. Which is a great feature to see if the client opened the email or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, you won't regret it!

It helps overall communication with my team, and with other sales persons on my team. We can see who responded to who and pick up where the other left off easily.

Team communication is huge, you can mention a team member in a booking or lead and ask a question to the Chef, or let them know there was a change on the event order.

Gather review by Allyson S.
Allyson S.

"Simple to use, clean interface"

What do you like best?

The software makes it really simple to communicate with clients. Everything from the client's online "Event Portal" to the automatically generated forms that you can send, make it so easy to use. I don't use their Gather Payments function, but I think this would streamline it even more.

What do you dislike?

I really wish the calendar would sync to Outlook... Apparently it syncs with Google Calendar, but that's not what my organization uses.

I also wish there was the ability to create custom forms and reports. Their stock reports are interesting and helpful, but they don't fully serve the needs of our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say be sure to look at all your current systems and programs (like scheduling, billing, etc.) and make sure that they are - or could be - compatible with Gather. It allows little customization in terms of the forms, payments, compatible programs, etc., so you want to be sure that it will work for you.

The biggest reason I started using Gather was to streamline event details and manage contracts and payments. We've taken on several more events this year, and all the event details, contracts, and payments were scattered between excel documents, calendars, emails, paper copies, etc. Not to mention that every time I had to create some sort of event form, I would have to retype the information (which would often change, and then be updated in some places and not others). With all the information in the Gather database, I know that everything is up to date and I can create forms (like BEO's or invoices) with literally the click of a button. It is way more efficient than my old system.

Gather review by Kirsten T.
Kirsten T.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Gather has been such an effective tool in our restaurant! I like that all of my other managers can have their own access and it makes communication easy between team members. It takes less time and less steps than any other catering system we have used and it's more effective.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've had trouble with was the initial information transfer from my old system, but it could have been fault of the other program. We haven't had any other issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely make the switch to Gather. Our whole management team has really approved. The BEOs look great for both the FOH and BOH and it took maybe one training session to get the team on board. Clients that we book have really approved of having their own Event Portal, as well, and it makes them feel like they are more apart of the whole process than what we have experienced with other systems.

We are better able to track banquet and catering sales and effectively plan to make changes in the right direction.

Gather review by Jill M.
Jill M.

"Gather Rocks"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to share the details of an event -- my entire team can be on the same page for all of the details. My clients love how we can talk through changes and they can see them in real time. My team can see the emails I have had with the client so we can all be on the same page and help make sure that all of the details are covered.

What do you dislike?

The reporting needs to be able to be customized so I can dive deeper into my revenue streams. Currently I cannot pull all of the line items to see what makes up the event total. It does a great job with F&B -- but it could do so much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. I'd be glad to help with personal phone calls so potential clients can ask any question they would like.

Our communication have greatly improved. That's the best benefit. I manage three venues that share catering and all of the hard goods associated with the event. Gather makes it easy for us all to see what is happening with the big picture so we can best determine staffing and rental needs.

Gather review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Mediocre with potential"

What do you like best?

We like the team communication function, and the ability to sent proposals that clients can view and that live updates. I like the format, design, and the ability to message with the team.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't click to find out which proposals have been signed on the dashboard - I can only see that X number WERE signed, but not which one. I also wish that signing a proposal would also automatically switch an event from "tentative" to "confirmed".

We don't like that this has not evolved to fit our needs since we are NOT a restaurant. The lack of Quickbooks integration is a point of major frustration. It would also be helpful to have a multi-day event booking process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is likely great for a restaurants but troublesome to adapt to venues without catering needs.

We are trying to manage multiple spaces within a venue. It's helped us see the full scope of communication with clients which we love. We have not been able to integrate the payment gateway because it does not use Quickbooks.

Gather review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Gather is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Gather has saved me countless hours in extra work. It is streamlined to fit my specific needs for my restaurant and Private Dining booking needs. I am able to book an event and send a contract in under 2 minutes. This transfers to the client with an impression that we have urgency, hospitality and care for their individual event.

What do you dislike?

The only item I would change would be some reporting. I would like to put events with more than just date qualifications.I would like to be able to pull events based on spend or number of guests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the time saving attributes of a streamlined system built around your venue. As a coordinator this will give you more face time with current or future clients. It also is a professional platform that is impressive to the client and makes them feel secure dealing with an organized coordinator.

Time Management is definitely being solved when it comes to the solving. The benefit in return is the chance to spend more time in person or on the phone with future clients.

Gather review by Kyle F.
Kyle F.

"How Gather helps Balena create great experiences. "

What do you like best?

I love how Gather allows my management staff to access a single portal of information from anywhere, at any time and execute events from the multiple layers of metrics Gather provides.

What do you dislike?

I used to get frustrated with the lack of access from different devices but Gather resolved that challenge with their app. Now I can access Gather from the beach in Mexico with one hand while I balance my margarita in the other!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company hosts events, you want Gather on your team. The metrics they provide with the ease of use is so smooth I wish I could say astounding. But they pull it off so effortlessly that it just seems normal. I hope I never have to use another program.

Events are time sensitive. Planners and execs need immediate answers and Gather gives my team immediate access to our calendar with the touch of the app.

The benefits are many because while accessing the app on my phone or pad, I can talk to a guest without fumbling on the laptop and 10-keying to crunch a guests event package. Gather organized all the work for you.

Gather review by Claire C.
Claire C.

"Using One Calendar for All of Our Events is Great!"

What do you like best?

I like that the calendar has the feature for confirmed, leads and tentative events. Also, being able to upload documents to the events so all documentation for that event is in one place. Being able to enter in pricing and payment to receive actuals is very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

My department dislikes that we can not book multiple day events in the calendar. This is a HUGE issue for us.

We are an event venue and can have long events that last up to 3 weeks. This also causes confusing when multiple people are uploading documents to an event because for example the 3 week event has 3 weeks of separate booked days on the calendar and we've ran into the problem where documents are uploaded to the wrong day. We also run into the issue when closing out the program after all payment has been receive, it's time consuming closing out each individual day on the calendar.

Wish we could select the spaces the event is using all at one, like a checkbox list. It's time consuming to select each space separately.

We finally have all departments in the company using the same calendar instead but having 4 separate calendars. Also, double booking an event has been happening less since using Gather. Make's it easier to track that we have received payment.

Gather review by Brett P.
Brett P.

"A wonderful way to keep organized"

What do you like best?

I love Gather! What I love best is the ability to add events easily and send the contract directly to my client. It's so simple. Enter my information, review, send to client...bam! I'm done. It's seamless.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Gather really. I wish there was a full-service app available, but I know they are working on it. There is so much good about Gather that there really isn't anything bad about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is your one-stop shop for the best in event management software. From financials and event summaries to everything else, there is nothing else you need other than Gather.

Gather has allowed our business to not over-book events and keeps a detailed calendar that allows us to see months in advance and all of our upcoming events. This allows us to try to sell more events in the slow times while staying organized and on top of things. The benefits are endless.

Gather review by Hilary M.
Hilary M.

"Making my job so much easier!"

What do you like best?

Organization is key when handling private events for two, very busy restaurants. Gather has all of my information in one place and makes our contracts, credit card authorizations, and customer e-mails look extremely professional. I love the customization!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to transfer Gather bookings into OpenTable. I have to transfer all of my Gather bookings into OpenTable one by one since the restaurant requires the OT software to be used as well. If it were somehow synced, that would be amazing. Also, as I'd mentioned, I coordinate for two different restaurants. It'd be nice to have different colors on my calendar view for each, instead of all green for confirmed, orange for tentative, etc. Lastly, I'd like to be able to print off full credit card numbers customers submit through the Stripe integration so we can input into our POS for final bill payment.

The Gather software allows myself, and our team to be much more organized. We are easily able to follow-up with leads, and receive all inquiries through the form on our website as opposed to inquiries coming from many different directions and getting misplaced and/or going unanswered.

Gather review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"The BEST online event planning interface, EVER!"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendly interface. The ease of adding new events, potential clients information, and the creation of BEO's. I also really enjoy the ability to communicate through Gather's messaging platform, it makes it easy to see the full correspondence, from the very beginning all the way up to the event.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Gather, the only thing that I might say I didn't like, is that you cannot simply add events through the iPhone app. Sometimes small reservations do not require a lot of information, and should be able to be added to the daily bookings through the app platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!! It will be the best thing you ever did for your future event and business generation!

We're able to solve the age-old problem of communication with our back-of-house employees and management team, to help them execute our private events in the most efficient way possible. We've realized also, the future benefit of generating business with previous clients, since the interface makes it easy to interact- they are willing to do it, over and over again.

Gather review by Nikki J.
Nikki J.

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is all in one place. It makes it much easier to stay organized. I'm able to view if the guest has read my messages to him which also helps me to follow up with them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The messaging is a little frustrating. If a guest messages in and I hit to reply and write them a message my reply box takes over the entire screen. I'm not able to move anything so I can read their questions and reply to them. I typically have to have their message up on Gather and then type my response in Word to then finally copy and paste it in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the support they offer and keep playing around with it. It looks overwhelming at first but once you get in the swing of things it's very helpful!

Keeping organized is huge. I'm able to communicate very quickly to the guest as well as my team so that we can accommodate the guests needs in a timely fashion and have everything in stock that we need.

Gather review by Bryan W.
Bryan W.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

Convenience and the polish interface of the software. Helps us manage our event business. Its nice that the client can see their event proposal, approve it, and then pay for it all in one spot. We then get that information fed into their booking page and are able to manage the event much smoother with less paper and clutter. So we like that a lot about this platform.

What do you dislike?

Could have a digital signature component. Perhaps move the team communication to the right side panel in booking window so it is more visible. Maybe move underneath locations on home page. Not sure if possible but the ability to pull events from google calendar into the gather calendar, instead of just one way from gather to google. Would like some better staff communication tools. Not all wait staff is a user on platform and would like to just be able to easily send them a BEO or team communication via email. Floor maps and organization for events would be huge. That is the next piece of the puzzle. Being able to have the client design their floor plan and easily send it to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for you to manager you events and have a professional look for your clients to enjoy.

Solving: Having a central cloud based solution to store all event info and interact seamlessly with clients. And those have been realized.

Gather review by Josh N.
Josh N.

"Saint Arnold Brewing Company"

What do you like best?

The calendar and menu management tools help me make sure me and my team are all on the same page.

What do you dislike?

The app makes it difficult to look up bookings more than 2 weeks out and does not offer any editing options, so it is usually just easier to not use the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is extremely useful for the private events industry. If you have to manage multiple rooms, this is definitely the best tool I have found.

Calendar management has always been a struggle here, with two rooms that we rent out and many table reservations to manage. This allows for us to have a real time view of any changes to the calendar before we start discussing options with new clients.

The lead form on our website has also increased efficiency with our incoming leads and makes sure that we cover all necessary information with them.

Gather review by Dana A.
Dana A.

"Gather is awesome!"

What do you like best?

It is so user friendly! Chef's love it, Managers love it as do servers. The updates sent to everyone in the morning prevent the question of is there a party tonight? How many ppl? When? Etc. All that information is at each and every sinlge persons fingers tips either via their phones or lap tops.

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew!! I think the only confusong part is the financials, our accounting team isn't on board with putting the credit cards through Gather, we only record thedeposits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!! You will wonder why you dfid not think of this software. Makes booking a party, making changes, communicating with the staff and client as easy as possible

I can answer leads from anywhere and hav (from Cubs Games to the beach). We live in a society that wants instant answers/responses...Gather allows and promotes that!

Gather review by Caitlin N.
Caitlin N.

"Gather is a great program to keep open communication within our business."

What do you like best?

The ability to add and categorize notes is a fantastic feature. I just learned how to write internal communication notes and that is a really great feature as well!

What do you dislike?

The formatting of the Calendar is a bit difficult to navigate at times. Some of the functions are not entirely user friendly, but have been improving! I also dislike the pop up notifications every Wednesday for Webinar Wednesday - I do not need to be reminded every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never used a program that allowed me to communicate to several people internally without sending emails, calls, etc. We all have access to the program - this makes sales and operations work together much easier!

Gather is a great communicative tool. Having Gather helps us to communicate through several different departments and make planning events seamless.

Gather review by Kathleen E.
Kathleen E.

"User Friendly! "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and organized. It keeps all my events and event details together and easy to understand, which is useful for me as well as my clients. I also love the support system, always available and have never had an issue.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to sync the events to my outlook calendar, this would also help with notifying other employees when events are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If events are a big part of your company or business, I suggest to look into Gather. It keeps everything organized and keeps proposals looking professional as well as easy for clients to understand.

We are trying to make event planning a stronger department at our venue, this is helping on our website to gain more leads and attract more customers.

Gather review by Megan J.
Megan J.

"Almost perfect!"

What do you like best?

The layout of the application- everything is so user friendly and very easy to learn. It is much easier to share information with my team and keep track of all notes pertaining to event planning.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly dislike anything. The closest I'd come would be the ability to merge accounts without having to go through your support team. I understand that this is likely not feasible due to accounts being shared with multiple restaurants under one corporation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You won't regret it!

Gather aids me in time management. It makes it easy to convey and show the rest of my team exactly what needs to happen, when it needs to happen and how to make it happen. Communication and organization have become much easier and focused.

Gather review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"Works great, very user friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that the program is easy to use. The app is also very helpful so I do not have to log in on a computer every time. The format for the app is also very easy to read and easy to translate. The message board is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about the app is the fact that you can not go back and look at past event on the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Very user friendly easy to read and communicate with people who are booking events at my venue!

The benefits are its easy accessibility, I often have to pull up the application multiple times during the party to double check things. I like that everything is easily laid out.

Gather review by Hayley W.
Hayley W.

"Increased efficiency to allow for more relationship building! "

What do you like best?

User friendly, great calendar view, reliable & easy to read. LOVE the contact list with ability to view past events. Team communication is great!

What do you dislike?

A few details items I would adjust to make it more friendly to our establishment. The mobile app is not great at all, a lot of work needs to be done with this. Also, would like a way to mass email our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on what you actually need the software for... compare to others and make an informed decision with the help of the Gather team.

Increased efficiency, to allow more time to communicate with guests. Great to have a contact database with all our client & love that it can easily save and store past event information.

Gather review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Gather is a time & life saver!"

What do you like best?

Gather. Is. Awesome. It is a simple & easy way to keep track of any and all parties. From start to finish, it keeps all information regarding an upcoming event in one location, that everyone with access can easily locate. All parties can view past messages, you can save documents to easily send to clients. Collecting payments online is simple and extremely user friendly. This application has organized and simplified the event booking process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly- there isn't a whole lot to dislike about this product. If I would have to choose something, I'd say collecting the online payments can be a little confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to your account manager for anything you may need- questions, set up, uploading information, etc. They are extremely helpful! There are also free webinars every Wednesday to get any extra help you may need.

We are solving the unorganization when it comes to booking parties between several locations. This easily gives all of our managers access to view other locations calendar, communicate effectively in one place so nothing gets lost. We realized just how much we are making from hosting private events and a better way to reward the managers who are successfully booking these extra events, which in turn, is making them work harder to book new events, and keep up with past clients to get their returned business.

Gather review by Administrator

"Not small business friendly"

What do you like best?

Initially we had a positive experience with Gather. We had regular contact from their team and their support was stellar. We were told by our initial salesperson that we would receive a call from someone at renewal to discuss our contract and future pricing, as we received a discount for our first year.

What do you dislike?

Due to some procedural changes at our business, we decided not to renew our contract with Gather.

Imagine our surprise when we received a large charge on our credit card from Gather this month, with zero o the promised communication from their team regarding our renewal. We immediately reached out to their billing department and got no response. We reached out again to another team member who sent our email to yet another rep and received a curt answer that our contract required a 30 day cancellation with our contract attached.

The “contract” we received was an invoice with a link inside of it to a website with their terms and conditions that they can edit and amend at their leisure. Not acceptable, and we never received any communication from their sales team as was promised to us. We were also renewed at a higher rate than our first year without our consent. We reached back out asking for an actual contract with this info and asked for a refund and the rep never responded.

After the first ghosting, we contacted their “success” team again requesting a refund. We told them we did not want to renew and they said they would be happy to call and talk about how Gather could help us. We replied again stating we did not want to renew. We were ghosted again with no response. This makes a total of 4 separate contacts with no response.

So here we are with event software we are no longer using, and the company has completely stopped responding to us. I would like to add that our final payment for our first term was drawn September, 2017 and we are obviously well over 30 days out from that.

We were planning on utilizing Gather in the future once we revamped our events program, but that is now off the table and we will be warning other small businesses about their unacceptable billing practices.

Zero, none

Gather review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

It's flexibility. We use it as an internal master calendar for the entire company. We've found a solution for any scheduling problem that we've presented with them.

What do you dislike?

We don't use it as a transaction portal but if we did, I imagine that would be a little challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have recommended this to several other breweries that are now using it. Any shortcomings that we have found, we let them know and they seem to always present solutions or release improvements that move it in the right direction. We've been very pleased and they're very easy to work with.

We host events at our space and in the market. The calendar allows us to view both in one place and make sure we're coordinated.

Gather review by Paula N.
Paula N.

"Gather is simple to use and efficient "

What do you like best?

I like that I can find what I am looking for quickly, it a simple system to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Creating a new contact each time I need to create a booking, just takes a minute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on implementing this with your company, I would advise that you make sure that your staff will be using this frequently. Clients don't like it when they are introduced to new software all the time. With that being said, just make sure you are going to use it often so you don't end up getting rid of it.

Mmm trying to see if the whole staff can get accustomed to this. The benefits I have realized is that it is easy for my clients to use.

Gather review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to communicate to an entire management team with out having to email or text or call. Everything is in one easy place and can log on to see the information from home or on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much of anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Life is so much easier and there is much less conflicts departmentally.

The biggest solution that is solved with using this system (first time) is the elimination of having to ask questions. Before, without using Gather, there was always a lot of back and forth between culinary staff and banquet staff. Now, each department can find all the information at any time without having to distract each other.

Gather review by Reginald M.
Reginald M.

"Need better message window and email system"

What do you like best?

How fast the updates are when I receive a new message, submitted proposal, or credit card added to a sale.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the email is not the greatest. It has become highly inaccurate for delivery and I have had to become involved with the Gather IT support on more than one occasion. Currently, still having issues. Having to use my gmail account to deliver messages. Additionally, when you are trying to respond to a guest, the message windows does not move and I continually have to close the window to view their original lead.

Solving a lot of organizational demands that Gather tracks and assesses everyday for us. It simplifies the way we track reservations and process BEO's

Gather review by Kyle C.
Kyle C.

"Great organizational skill on pc. "

What do you like best?

it's a great over all organizational tool for helping with event set up as well as the payment system makes things a great deal easier. team communication is also a really great. makes it so you don't have to fish through a bunch of emails to find prior communications just have to look up the event. all in all a great system.

What do you dislike?

I do think that the cell phone app needs an extreme makeover however. it is not very reliable when looking things up on the go. has extreme trouble loading events and team communication is limited since you cannot @ a team member via cell phone.

ability for guests to pay has been the best benefit for our customers. i would say the organization between front and back of house ahs been the best area that we have been able to solve. very few things are missed using this system.

Gather review by Charlie S.
Charlie S.

"Fantastic Sofware"

What do you like best?

I love having everything in one place. Being able to communicate, make menus, and communicate with everyone on the team has really steamed line our private dinning room program.

What do you dislike?

There are couple of areas that could be improved. One suggestion of mine is be able to check availability of a date requested on the computers like you can on the mobile app they have. Also, customers sometimes find the event portal a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic. Pays for itself in no time

Before gather, our private dining room program was a little heck it. Customers would call and request a certain evening. My hostess would write everything on these pieces of paper and I would try to get back to them asap. I would then have to create new menu for the program, make sure everyone was on the same page. Have correspondence in my outlook. Even if I had everything written out and printed on my clip boards labeled with the day. If I was not there I would get a phone call asking me all the info that was right in front of them.

Gather review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Super user friendly CRM system "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for my employees, we are able to get them trained on the system in 2 short training sessions. The whole Gather team is super helpful and very quick to respond to questions. They take suggestions and actual make changes to their system accordingly when it makes sense.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more detailed reporting and personalized options when it comes to reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a system that is user friendly and easy to train your employees look no further. The whole Gather team is also very helpful and open to suggestions for new features, they are rolling out new features almost every month. Being able to have your guests log into a portal and see at a glance all of the important information about their event, where they are with payments, and be able to make payments at their leisure.

We are booking customers at a faster rate, and able to get payments in a much more timely manor.

Gather review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Best Private Event Organizational Software available..."

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive. Starting with alerts with new leads. Communication through the software is incredibly easy. From templates for first contact through signing contracts, Gather makes everything very smooth and effortless. I love that the software integrates all communication streams into a single point of reference to go back in one place and see everything we have discussed with the client, regardless if the communication was through the app or email. Transfer of documents is seamless.

I would like the selection of filters to be remembered. Anytime you navigate away from a page, the filter screen pops up again and you have to hide it if you want a full screen. The software should remember my selection until I request a new filter.

What do you dislike?

My criticisms are few. If I were making it better these are a few things I would change:

When looking through the documents for a specific event, such as a contract or BEO - when you navigate back the system actually boots you completely out of the software and you have to log back in again. This can be a bit frustrating when you need/want to look at several documents, or just want to print something. It only takes a second to reload in and find your event again, but the software should be more intuitive in this respect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it. Its worth the money!

This software has created a much better streamline for our event business.

We were doing everything the software does - but by hand.

The software has created more efficiency and accountability for our event planning.

Gather review by Alexa R.
Alexa R.

"Makes My Life So Much Easier..."

What do you like best?

I like using Gather because it is dedicated to venues more than anything else. The layout takes some getting used to at first, but once you have it figured out, it saves a lot of time on nearly everything. I have to submit event notes, financial breakdowns, contracts and proposals into multiple systems because of how our venue is laid out, and Gather just makes it easier for me to find information.

What do you dislike?

I will say, I do not like that everything is tagged as "Food" items in event summary. We are just starting to incorporate in-house catering into the mix, and although minor, it's a little confusing.

I also do not like in the "Event Notes" that we have to select an already pre-selected categories list. This is another minor detail but we have different categories that aren't listed in their pre-made lists. So I have to remind myself that I may have used "Setup" for something that isn't necessarily about the setup, because there wasn't a pre-existing tab for what I wanted. Not a make or break deal by any means, but it's kind of annoying I guess.

Accepting Amex or Discover!! But that's a lot of places that don't accept those cards. (Again, minor detail).

Time saving, time saving, time saving!! It's so easy to set up a proposal and have clients pay through the system, instead of me pulling teeth trying to get them to fill out a CC Authorization Form and scan it and send it back to me.

Another thing is professional work flow. When I send clients a proposal, I love that there is a picture at the top, and a price breakdown and downloadable PDF's at the bottom for clients to click on if they want to see the full contract, etc. It just looks exponentially more professional and people take you more seriously when you have a good work flow.

Gather review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Gather: A tool to help keep everyone on the same page."

What do you like best?

Before Gather, we had multiple binders to keep track of all our events here at our brewery. This caused us to miss many details and even at times be surprised by groups showing up. Gather has completely reversed that, as we now have a place to keep track of every event and be able to communicate with everyone on the team as well.

What do you dislike?

I do feel that I don't delve as deep into the software as some do so on the surface I have no real issues with the software.

We appear much more organized to the customer. Not only do we appear to be on top of things but can really follow through with that appearance. Very few things fall through the cracks like they did before Gather. Keeping all our events in one place with the ability to outline each detail for each event is great. All the while being able to communicate about each event with our team outside of the customer's view is a great tool.

Gather review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Great Tool, Great Support!"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can use Gather for so many functions in one program make it very valuable. I can upload my banquet menus, generate personalized menus for my guests, send messages to guests that are tracked in there, and even view messages between my guests and my Banquet Manager. You can tag other users in the internal team messaging in each of your Leads/bookings. It is very easy to keep everyone on the same page. You can send attachments easily to your guests, as you can keep them saved in Gather.

Their support team seem excited to help and figure out ways to make things that you vision actually happen.

What do you dislike?

Not Much.

If this software talked to OpenTable and Micros...Game Over!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This team seems to be changing the game. I see them going places, as they listen to their customers and make things happen.

WAY quicker responses to Leads, which leads to WAY more bookings

Gather review by Patrick F.
Patrick F.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

Gather is a great tool for organizing all event details in one, well laid out space. All details are broken down into tabs for financial, messages, and even BEO's. My work place is a restaurant group and there are a lot of events that are happening at different spaces or events that I wasn't aware of being booked. But thanks to Gather I can view all details in a condensed and organized manner and send messages with updates or questions to our management and events teams. The app is my favorite update to the system, not having to go online or dig through old word documents to find event notes has made my job so much easier, I simply open the app and todays events are listed right there.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isnt much that I dislike about Gather, especially compared to our old system of having everything in a word document that wasn't accessible online.

All management and event team members can see the same information regardless of where we are. Its very helpful that we can all send each other updates or event notes right in the system without having to track each other down or having to wait for an email or phone response. Our events have been running so much smoother.

Gather review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Gather is helpful, but there is definitely room for improvement. "

What do you like best?

I like having everything all in one place for everyone to access... contract, event details, menu, minimum spend, estimates, etc.

What do you dislike?

1. It's difficult (multiple steps) pushing Gather to Google Calendar (both on computer and phones).

2. I cannot add/edit events from app on the phone. I cannot view past events on the app.

3. It will not keep me logged in (on my personal computer or on the app on the phone). If I do not use the app for a couple of days, it logs me out. Maybe at least update it to where you can use your fingerprint? Or a pin?

4. I hate not being able to see the entire calendar through the app on the phone.

5. I don't like that I cannot personalize certain things. For example, I'd like to be able to personalize the feedback email. I'd like to be able to make my own template for the feedback email. I'd also like to be able to program my own template for the send proposal email.

6. I would like to be able to control the default settings for the calendar (automatically showing up colored by venue, room, etc).

7. I'd like to be able to send a proposal through my email (on the same thread as my previous correspondence with clients) rather than having to send a separate email via Gather. (I've copied/pasted the link before, but it just takes them to the portal....it does not also ask for them to click/approve of the policies).

8. It would be nice if instead of printing event summary and cc auth, they could sign electronically through Gather.

9. When entering menus....it would be nice if there was an option for including the number of pieces/items per order (and I don't mean text in the description...because that is then included on the 'menu' populated for the customer). It would be nice if that was an unseen detail that was only used to show the itemized total of pieces/items on the invoice/chef BEO/BEO.

10. When making the clients' menu/order, it would be nice to have one invoice/working spreadsheet - all on the same page - that shows 1) number of item orders, 2) number of pieces of each item (multiplied by the number of orders in real time as entered/adjusted), and 3) the total price. It would be nice to have to keep jumping back and forth between event summary and financials when trying to build an order within a specific budget.

11. On the app - when users scroll down and see 'Summary', a list of the menus I used for this event is shown. However, this is a copy of the full menu (and not a list of the selections the client actually made from it). My staff is well aware of what our full menu looks like. What they need quickly from the app is to see which selections the client made. I understand they can just keep scrolling to look at the documents...but this 'summary' just seems unnecessary as-is.

12. When creating an event - if I'm logged into my personal Gather account, on my own computer, I don't see why I need to go through the extra step of selecting myself in the drop down menu as 'owner' of the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support documents on the bottom, right of the screen. They're very helpful and they have helped me a lot.

I personally thought it was a lot easier to upload/enter in my own menus/documents/policies (rather than having the sales associate do it).

Clients view the platform as user-friendly and professional.

It's nice having everything in one place as a final result.

Gather review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Gather for Rue Bourbon Balcony"

What do you like best?

The way Gather streamlines all of our content make sales much easier and faster to process, which is an absolute blessing for our business that runs all marketing, sales, social media, and website amongst just two people. It keeps our hands free to tackle other tasks we need to create more brand awareness.

What do you dislike?

The app is the toughest thing to deal with. Granted, the app is fairly new, so we understand glitches are bound to happen. However, it's hard to be on the go and be unable to tag other team members or send quick messages. We look forward to the app updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a starting company still working with an all paper trail – just do it. Gather understands the need for technology to be fast, efficient, easy to use, and always readily available.

It just solves our paperwork issues. Our sales team came into a business that still had new folders for each new event and BEO binders. It was really inefficient on top of trying to handle the corporations entire rebrand. We need free hands, but we needed to also eliminate this analog sales form. Gather definitely solved that for us.

Gather review by McKenzie S.
McKenzie S.

"Gather's created more efficiency in our day to day operations."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Gather is that everything I need is in one place. I can find all meeting details with a few quick clicks. I appreciate that the Gather team has already thought through the process for their customers and what it looks like to build a meeting. They've incorporated these details into the software to make it easy for me and my team, for our customer while being ultimately. paperless.

What do you dislike?

I understand Gather is still developing their product, and I appreciate the effective communication of product updates and prompt communication from the Support Team when I need a solution. They're always open for feedback as well, desiring to get better!

One of my biggest pain points is the lack of capability for linking a multi-day booking. We have created a short term solution by creating individual bookings by the day, but when it comes down to accurately reporting finances and sending agreements, it can get a bit sticky for those two to five day meetings. we don't want to keep sending the customer email after after requesting a payment and an agreement approval, so both of those items live in the first day of the multi-day booking. However, when it's a one day meeting, it's a breeze.

Additionally, we manually send payment receipts. It would remove one more step from the process if, once a customer made a payment, the receipt was automatically emailed to them.

Lastly, I would love for the Gather app to have a calendar as a whole for easy access and viewing to check availability while on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out. Walk through a booking with your colleagues or ask a valued and trusted customer to do a "test run" and provide feedback. I recommend going through every step, evaluating every detail to ensure it best suits your needs. Ask questions to the Gather team. Tell them what you need and how you can find a solution to the problem. They're available for you and always willing to help.

We are communicating in one place. If there's a question concerning a meeting, every one knows where to look to find an answer.

A majority of our company has access to the calendar so it's beneficial to check availability at surrounding locations to help sell space and provide answers to customers.

Gather review by Timothy R.
Timothy R.

"Not yet ready for prime time"

What do you like best?

We like the electronic contracting and we like the ability to place a credit card on file

What do you dislike?

The IOS app seems to be able to send messages to clients and it does seem to be able to send templates but not free-form messages. Yet it often leads the user to believe a message has been sent when it has not. About 45 days ago new inquiries stopped showing up in your new messages list – your support people insisted this was not a change but it was. It seems logical that new leads would be the most important new messages I have asked Gather to make all the numbers and metrics on its Home page hyperlinked, but you they have not. If I see I have two new leads I can click on that number and it takes me to the new leads. If I see I have one new contract signed, the numeral “1” is not hyperlinked and I have to search for the new signed contract. It is difficult or impossible to add a second client contact name but in the wedding business it is pretty normal to have at least two client counterparties. Yes I know about the “onsite” contact but that is not a default email recipient. Gather proposals are not properly itemized and clients do not seem to notice that I have attached a “BEO” which is not a term I could define for you.

It is completely ridiculous that the client could sign an e-contract without being forced to enter and validate their address, phone, full and correct name, etc. Our normal course is we get a contract signed and then we chase down the additional information required to actually have a contract with the Zenith Additional Information form. This is cumbersome and probably not legally defensible. I want the client to execute the contract having filled in and validated their complete contact info

E-contracting and being PCI compliant

Gather review by Chris E.
Chris E.

"Gather ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

I like that Gather Keeps everything in one place. Easy to follow up with clients! Super user friendly. Allows different levels of access so teams can access but not change information.

What do you dislike?

i hit spam alot. I wish when you clicked on a specific sort option for leads that it always came back to that option unless changed. I know there are saved options but they require the same amount of time as just doing the options the other way. At least in my opinion. I would love to be able to customize the categories on the notes for the BEO so it would fit all of our venues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is easy to use. Easy to teach. Has great support response times.

We are better able to build proposals and respond to lead via templates and saved files easily. using the app saves time and allows us to be in constant contact with clients.

Gather review by Mia S.
Mia S.

"Great event software - streamlines my job!"

What do you like best?

I have a very high volume restaurant and having this software has made our internal communication so much better. I work at a corporate office and deal with 2 different locations, which can sometimes make the communication process difficult. It helps to provide our entire team with the proper information and allows me to respond to inquiries quickly and efficiently.

In terms of efficiency, I think the generated proposals are great for both the client and our team. They are clean, easy to read, and intuitive for our staff and provide the client with a hub for their event, which puts them at ease during the planning process.

I also think it is extremely convenient since I can access it from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be some updates with the homepage - allowing you to move through leads like email, by clicking through each one, without having to go back to the main page. I also like to work in my email account rather than on the system, so sometimes it can be repetitive when I log on. It can look like I haven't responded because they don't automatically become "read" if you open the leads from your email.

I also wish there was a way to add to additional contacts to the messages within the system, in case there are a few people handling the events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an event software to simultaneously grow and streamline your special events business, Gather is a great option. I think the system is easy to use, while providing both professionals and clients a beautiful product. It generates documents based on your entries, automatically updates as needed, and provides an overall hub for your team and your potential clients.

We are currently trying to build another off-location business through one of our current locations, so it is trying to figure out how to utilize the calendar properly. we also have live music events at one of our venues, so it becomes challenging to incorporate those on the calendar without confusing the other locations.

I have great feedback from clients and from our staff about how well the system works. Clients really enjoy their event portals and my kitchen and management staff appreciate the internal BEOs and other documents.

Gather review by Raleigh T.
Raleigh T.

"Personal, easy to use, and easy to keep organized!"

What do you like best?

It helps me easily keep all of my events straight! Working with over 400 event hosts a year, keeping things organized is vital for success. This wouldn't be possible without Gather. By keeping communication, day-of details, setup requests, parking preferences, pricing, discounts, team notes, and event details all in one location, I can not only keep my events separate from one another, but I can more easily recall details AND do so quicker, thus allowing me to plow through work faster to get more work done in a day.

What do you dislike?

Certain seemingly obvious features should be added, such as entering a percentage for a discount rather than having to calculate it myself and enter the actual dollar amount. Another feature that should be added is the ability for away messages to either be set in Gather or be sent through Gather's system; when I have been out of office without access to email, my contacts wouldn't know because they wouldn't receive the away message I set. This creates a huge problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!! It will make your life much easier as an event planner. :)

Helping organizations improve internal organization and create positive culture through creating space for corporate offsites, networking receptions, demo reveals, cocktail parties, and technical meetups. We intentionally keep prices low and competitive so that the 300 companies in our building are able to utilize our space, seeing as they are startups with little to no income. This allows our audience to more easily reach their goals as a business and as a team by offering them space to gather together and work through necessary problems.

Learning about Gather?

* We monitor all Gather reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.