Gather

Gather is streamlining the way private events are planned, empowering thousands of restaurants and venues with innovative software to grow their event business.

Work for Gather?

Learning about Gather?

Gather Reviews

Ask Gather a Question
Showing 255 Gather reviews
Gather review by Star G.
Star G.

"Gather is Great!"

What do you like best?

Gather makes my life at work so much easier. I use Gather from home, on my cell phone and at work to organize and host events at our establishment.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to easier track return guests, or setup a recurring reservation. We have a lot of clients that book the 1st Monday of every month or the 13th of every month, etc. It would be nice to do this all at once rather than having to create several different events and send so many different email proposals.

It would also be nice if you could create events and check the entire calendar from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend attending the webinar on Wednesdays! I have learned so much and really helped achieve all of my business goals and get on the right track to bring in more revenue for the company.

I try to attend the webinar most Wednesdays because I continually learn from them!I also really love how I can track how much money I am helping bring into the business by adding payments and tracking them by category, to help myself reach business goals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gather
Gather review by Laurie S.
Laurie S.

"AMAZING! Has changed our business in so many ways!"

What do you like best?

I love how connected I can be to clients at any moment. The phone app allows me to check availability on the go and respond quickly to questions through messages. My response time to clients inquiries is so important to stay ahead of any competition and Gather allows me to do that from anywhere and with little material on hand.

What do you dislike?

No Calendar view in mobil app, Would be much quicker to check availability for specific dates. Currently I have to scroll through hundreds of bookings to find!

No full messages fed on desktop version, if multiple messages are received in one day it is hard to review without having to look back through emails sent confirming receiving. This could be another top tab!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a small event business LIFE CHANGER! The staff is amazing and works with you every step of the way! Once you're set up EVERYTHING just falls in to place and your business is prepared to GROW! Personally my ability to manage multiple events on our small property has GREATLY improved our profits. I felt so limited prior to the use of Gather but now have the abilities to book to capacity without risk of overbooking. God I love this program!

Paperless everything is my overall goal as a General Manager. Even though I still have clients who insist on printing the contract and returning I have cut down on individual files needed immediately.

What Venue Management solution do you use?

Gather review by Susynn S.
Susynn S.

"Williwaw and Humpy's review of Gather"

What do you like best?

Easy user functionality, ability to tag other event coordinators in events, simple and clean design. Since starting to use Gather this has been the most organized our organization has been when it comes to events.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. We also use Gather for a variety of different events not just private caterings. So it doesn't always perfectly fit our whole calendar of events but is a good base point for all of them. Would be nice if Gather looked at incorporating other events such as concerts, weekly promos and so forth that many restaurants have to do in order to get people in their doors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. As an event planner with over 100 bookings on the calendar for 2017 already this software has been essential.

We didn't have any proposal system, so first and foremost having official proposals to send clients for private parties has been essential for us. Secondly, having a record of all our bookings in one spot has saved time and energy tracking down details of repeat or annual events.

Gather review by wendy a.
wendy a.

"Easy to use, professional look and a true time-saver!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and constant upgrades. Speedy turnaround on menu uploads.

What do you dislike?

Invoices are limited. I wish the BEOs could fit upon 1 page

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’ve been using Gather here at Divani and I LOVE how easy it is and how professional proposals look. It tracks your leads, allows for online proposal approvals, automatically prepares a Chef BEO, menus and much, much more. Needless to say, it saves me a ton on time and we feel it’s worth the added monthly expense. The people at Gather really work for their money. Every time we have a new menu come out, I have them upload it so I can focus on more important things. Work is completed in a timely manner, always. They really do listen to suggestions too and do whatever they can to give you what you need. As you can tell, I can’t say enough good things.

Tracking leads have been solved. I save more time than ever anticipated.

Gather review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"Sales & Event Manager Gather Review "

What do you like best?

I like the look and layout of the program. I also enjoy that the email communication will link to my gmail account. It is very easy to edit.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can not add internal notes for the kitchen. There are details that I need to add on the event summaries that I do not need to client seeing. To have to go back and add/delete these items between my "chef BEO" and "event summary" is time consuming and tedious.

Clients get confused with seeing the Gather email address and a lot of them have a hard time with the links. As tech forward as society is now, people seem to still enjoy being sent pdfs vs. links. Also I have had the issue of running into firewalls with the Gather email communication. Some companies can't even receive the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly. You will have to train your client a bit on how to use the portal and watch out for your Gather emails being routed to SPAM or the client not recognizing that it is actually coming from you. Beyond that the layout is clear and the features are easy to use/update.

The reports are easy to pull and help with tracking sales goals, seeing trends and following up with leads. Gather is also very easy to edit when it comes to adding in notes, menus and templates.

Gather review by Laura B.
Laura B.

"Tool for success! "

What do you like best?

Gather is very easy to use, and so incredibly helpful! I also love how responsive and friendly their customer supports reps are. My clients really appreciate being able to see their information all in one place online, and it definitely make us look good!

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the features were more customizable to our specific needs. But I really appreciate that their customer support team understands that this is important to me, and are always asking for my feedback.

I also wish they had a support team taking calls and emails in my time zone (PST).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying out, especially if you don't currently use any event management software. I used to do everything on Google Docs, but now I'm totally hooked on Gather. It's saves me so much time and is so easy to use. My clients love it, too!

I used to spend HOURS doing paperwork, and now I spend MINUTES! It affords me a lot more time to spend acquiring new business, and to giving special attention to current clients.

Gather review by Shelby C.
Shelby C.

"Thank God for Gather "

What do you like best?

I help manage the catering side of my company. That entails being responsible for the catering out of 3 restaurants around Austin, Tx. With that being said, my mind goes about 200mph constantly, so Gather is basically the translator that slows me down and makes sure I don't forget anything going that fast all the time. It's really simple to understand and has really helped our team communication within my company. Especially between myself and our director. We can update things real time and know the other person is going to see it. Team communication is also a great tool in making sure everyone, from ourselves to the general managers and kitchen managers, all stay up to date.

What do you dislike?

The financials section is sometimes tricky, but I am also new to using it. Not a whole lot I don't like. Perhaps it needs more colors to color code different events with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We run catering out of 3 high volume stores 24/7

It would be a lot more difficult without Gather. Definitely worth it.

Team communication. Prior to using gather we just emailed and used excel. It was a nightmare. And you can't really communicate with other management through excel unless you're constantly saving and re uploading documents to send in emails back and forth. Forget that, Gather solved that inconvenience.

Communication with the guest also improved, it's easy to send them gather where everything is set up for them to see at a glance for their event. That way they know what they're getting prior to accepting our services.

Gather review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Love Gather--great platform. "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to keep all pertinent event info in one single space that a variety of personnel can access. It is easy for customers to use as well--I love that they can preview their proposal and make payments online. I also really like that all communications I have with a contact are shown within their file--that has really cut down on my time spent digging through old emails, and having to rack my brain to remember details we discuss.

What do you dislike?

The only improvement I would suggest -which I have to the company--is to make the auto generated menu a bit more personalized. Right now, the menu function does not help because it auto formats things very generically. We have backgrounds on our menu with our logo and that sort of thing, so I basically have to recreate the menu each time.

The only other thing--the app isn't that great. I can do some work off it, but it is very minimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give it a try--you will love it. so easy to use. Everyone on my team loves it.

Keeping all info in one succinct place, an online tool easy to access from anywhere, a means to collect deposits, track financials, keep contacts, etc. Decrease in time to schedule events. Decrease in overall time to get event proposal signed. Electronic accepting of proposal is amazing.

Gather review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Gather Review from Funky Buddha Brewery"

What do you like best?

I love that Gather is extremely user friendly for our staff as well as our guests. All functionalities are easy to use and can be customized to work exactly as we need them to.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Gather had a way to alert clients that their payment is use, via email. Also, pulling up the BEOs on the mobile app directs you to open it as a file through your email and that can get confusing for some of our in house users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please add the option for guests to receive email updates about their event such as due payments and count changes.

We are solving the issue of having to constantly try to get clients to speak with us on the phone about their events. With Gather all of their information is in front of them online, and therefore we do not have to take a moment of their time to speak over the phone.

Gather review by Tanya C.
Tanya C.

"Gather saved my life!"

What do you like best?

The email communication thread that stores all the information from the clients initial inquiry, to the thank you email. You can simply look at all emails in one place so you can pick up immediately as that phone rings and refresh your memory of what you last talked about.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike- which I deal with as everything else is all amazing! A lot of clients emails block the special email thread and many times it goes into their spam. This has caused a few hiccups along the process. I just always make sure to follow up with an additional email if I haven't heard back or seen that the client "opened" the email. Which is a great feature to see if the client opened the email or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it, you won't regret it!

It helps overall communication with my team, and with other sales persons on my team. We can see who responded to who and pick up where the other left off easily.

Team communication is huge, you can mention a team member in a booking or lead and ask a question to the Chef, or let them know there was a change on the event order.

Gather review by Allyson S.
Allyson S.

"Simple to use, clean interface"

What do you like best?

The software makes it really simple to communicate with clients. Everything from the client's online "Event Portal" to the automatically generated forms that you can send, make it so easy to use. I don't use their Gather Payments function, but I think this would streamline it even more.

What do you dislike?

I really wish the calendar would sync to Outlook... Apparently it syncs with Google Calendar, but that's not what my organization uses.

I also wish there was the ability to create custom forms and reports. Their stock reports are interesting and helpful, but they don't fully serve the needs of our organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say be sure to look at all your current systems and programs (like scheduling, billing, etc.) and make sure that they are - or could be - compatible with Gather. It allows little customization in terms of the forms, payments, compatible programs, etc., so you want to be sure that it will work for you.

The biggest reason I started using Gather was to streamline event details and manage contracts and payments. We've taken on several more events this year, and all the event details, contracts, and payments were scattered between excel documents, calendars, emails, paper copies, etc. Not to mention that every time I had to create some sort of event form, I would have to retype the information (which would often change, and then be updated in some places and not others). With all the information in the Gather database, I know that everything is up to date and I can create forms (like BEO's or invoices) with literally the click of a button. It is way more efficient than my old system.

Gather review by Kirsten T.
Kirsten T.

"Love it!"

What do you like best?

Gather has been such an effective tool in our restaurant! I like that all of my other managers can have their own access and it makes communication easy between team members. It takes less time and less steps than any other catering system we have used and it's more effective.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've had trouble with was the initial information transfer from my old system, but it could have been fault of the other program. We haven't had any other issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely make the switch to Gather. Our whole management team has really approved. The BEOs look great for both the FOH and BOH and it took maybe one training session to get the team on board. Clients that we book have really approved of having their own Event Portal, as well, and it makes them feel like they are more apart of the whole process than what we have experienced with other systems.

We are better able to track banquet and catering sales and effectively plan to make changes in the right direction.

Gather review by Jill M.
Jill M.

"Gather Rocks"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to share the details of an event -- my entire team can be on the same page for all of the details. My clients love how we can talk through changes and they can see them in real time. My team can see the emails I have had with the client so we can all be on the same page and help make sure that all of the details are covered.

What do you dislike?

The reporting needs to be able to be customized so I can dive deeper into my revenue streams. Currently I cannot pull all of the line items to see what makes up the event total. It does a great job with F&B -- but it could do so much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product. I'd be glad to help with personal phone calls so potential clients can ask any question they would like.

Our communication have greatly improved. That's the best benefit. I manage three venues that share catering and all of the hard goods associated with the event. Gather makes it easy for us all to see what is happening with the big picture so we can best determine staffing and rental needs.

Gather review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Mediocre with potential"

What do you like best?

We like the team communication function, and the ability to sent proposals that clients can view and that live updates. I like the format, design, and the ability to message with the team.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't click to find out which proposals have been signed on the dashboard - I can only see that X number WERE signed, but not which one. I also wish that signing a proposal would also automatically switch an event from "tentative" to "confirmed".

We don't like that this has not evolved to fit our needs since we are NOT a restaurant. The lack of Quickbooks integration is a point of major frustration. It would also be helpful to have a multi-day event booking process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is likely great for a restaurants but troublesome to adapt to venues without catering needs.

We are trying to manage multiple spaces within a venue. It's helped us see the full scope of communication with clients which we love. We have not been able to integrate the payment gateway because it does not use Quickbooks.

Gather review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Gather is a Game Changer"

What do you like best?

Gather has saved me countless hours in extra work. It is streamlined to fit my specific needs for my restaurant and Private Dining booking needs. I am able to book an event and send a contract in under 2 minutes. This transfers to the client with an impression that we have urgency, hospitality and care for their individual event.

What do you dislike?

The only item I would change would be some reporting. I would like to put events with more than just date qualifications.I would like to be able to pull events based on spend or number of guests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the time saving attributes of a streamlined system built around your venue. As a coordinator this will give you more face time with current or future clients. It also is a professional platform that is impressive to the client and makes them feel secure dealing with an organized coordinator.

Time Management is definitely being solved when it comes to the solving. The benefit in return is the chance to spend more time in person or on the phone with future clients.

Gather review by Kyle F.
Kyle F.

"How Gather helps Balena create great experiences. "

What do you like best?

I love how Gather allows my management staff to access a single portal of information from anywhere, at any time and execute events from the multiple layers of metrics Gather provides.

What do you dislike?

I used to get frustrated with the lack of access from different devices but Gather resolved that challenge with their app. Now I can access Gather from the beach in Mexico with one hand while I balance my margarita in the other!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company hosts events, you want Gather on your team. The metrics they provide with the ease of use is so smooth I wish I could say astounding. But they pull it off so effortlessly that it just seems normal. I hope I never have to use another program.

Events are time sensitive. Planners and execs need immediate answers and Gather gives my team immediate access to our calendar with the touch of the app.

The benefits are many because while accessing the app on my phone or pad, I can talk to a guest without fumbling on the laptop and 10-keying to crunch a guests event package. Gather organized all the work for you.

Gather review by Claire C.
Claire C.

"Using One Calendar for All of Our Events is Great!"

What do you like best?

I like that the calendar has the feature for confirmed, leads and tentative events. Also, being able to upload documents to the events so all documentation for that event is in one place. Being able to enter in pricing and payment to receive actuals is very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

My department dislikes that we can not book multiple day events in the calendar. This is a HUGE issue for us.

We are an event venue and can have long events that last up to 3 weeks. This also causes confusing when multiple people are uploading documents to an event because for example the 3 week event has 3 weeks of separate booked days on the calendar and we've ran into the problem where documents are uploaded to the wrong day. We also run into the issue when closing out the program after all payment has been receive, it's time consuming closing out each individual day on the calendar.

Wish we could select the spaces the event is using all at one, like a checkbox list. It's time consuming to select each space separately.

We finally have all departments in the company using the same calendar instead but having 4 separate calendars. Also, double booking an event has been happening less since using Gather. Make's it easier to track that we have received payment.

Gather review by Brett P.
Brett P.

"A wonderful way to keep organized"

What do you like best?

I love Gather! What I love best is the ability to add events easily and send the contract directly to my client. It's so simple. Enter my information, review, send to client...bam! I'm done. It's seamless.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Gather really. I wish there was a full-service app available, but I know they are working on it. There is so much good about Gather that there really isn't anything bad about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is your one-stop shop for the best in event management software. From financials and event summaries to everything else, there is nothing else you need other than Gather.

Gather has allowed our business to not over-book events and keeps a detailed calendar that allows us to see months in advance and all of our upcoming events. This allows us to try to sell more events in the slow times while staying organized and on top of things. The benefits are endless.

Gather review by Hilary M.
Hilary M.

"Making my job so much easier!"

What do you like best?

Organization is key when handling private events for two, very busy restaurants. Gather has all of my information in one place and makes our contracts, credit card authorizations, and customer e-mails look extremely professional. I love the customization!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to transfer Gather bookings into OpenTable. I have to transfer all of my Gather bookings into OpenTable one by one since the restaurant requires the OT software to be used as well. If it were somehow synced, that would be amazing. Also, as I'd mentioned, I coordinate for two different restaurants. It'd be nice to have different colors on my calendar view for each, instead of all green for confirmed, orange for tentative, etc. Lastly, I'd like to be able to print off full credit card numbers customers submit through the Stripe integration so we can input into our POS for final bill payment.

The Gather software allows myself, and our team to be much more organized. We are easily able to follow-up with leads, and receive all inquiries through the form on our website as opposed to inquiries coming from many different directions and getting misplaced and/or going unanswered.

Gather review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"The BEST online event planning interface, EVER!"

What do you like best?

I love the user-friendly interface. The ease of adding new events, potential clients information, and the creation of BEO's. I also really enjoy the ability to communicate through Gather's messaging platform, it makes it easy to see the full correspondence, from the very beginning all the way up to the event.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about Gather, the only thing that I might say I didn't like, is that you cannot simply add events through the iPhone app. Sometimes small reservations do not require a lot of information, and should be able to be added to the daily bookings through the app platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!! It will be the best thing you ever did for your future event and business generation!

We're able to solve the age-old problem of communication with our back-of-house employees and management team, to help them execute our private events in the most efficient way possible. We've realized also, the future benefit of generating business with previous clients, since the interface makes it easy to interact- they are willing to do it, over and over again.

Gather review by Nikki J.
Nikki J.

"So far so good!"

What do you like best?

I like that everything is all in one place. It makes it much easier to stay organized. I'm able to view if the guest has read my messages to him which also helps me to follow up with them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

The messaging is a little frustrating. If a guest messages in and I hit to reply and write them a message my reply box takes over the entire screen. I'm not able to move anything so I can read their questions and reply to them. I typically have to have their message up on Gather and then type my response in Word to then finally copy and paste it in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the support they offer and keep playing around with it. It looks overwhelming at first but once you get in the swing of things it's very helpful!

Keeping organized is huge. I'm able to communicate very quickly to the guest as well as my team so that we can accommodate the guests needs in a timely fashion and have everything in stock that we need.

Gather review by Bryan W.
Bryan W.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

Convenience and the polish interface of the software. Helps us manage our event business. Its nice that the client can see their event proposal, approve it, and then pay for it all in one spot. We then get that information fed into their booking page and are able to manage the event much smoother with less paper and clutter. So we like that a lot about this platform.

What do you dislike?

Could have a digital signature component. Perhaps move the team communication to the right side panel in booking window so it is more visible. Maybe move underneath locations on home page. Not sure if possible but the ability to pull events from google calendar into the gather calendar, instead of just one way from gather to google. Would like some better staff communication tools. Not all wait staff is a user on platform and would like to just be able to easily send them a BEO or team communication via email. Floor maps and organization for events would be huge. That is the next piece of the puzzle. Being able to have the client design their floor plan and easily send it to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great platform for you to manager you events and have a professional look for your clients to enjoy.

Solving: Having a central cloud based solution to store all event info and interact seamlessly with clients. And those have been realized.

Gather review by Josh N.
Josh N.

"Saint Arnold Brewing Company"

What do you like best?

The calendar and menu management tools help me make sure me and my team are all on the same page.

What do you dislike?

The app makes it difficult to look up bookings more than 2 weeks out and does not offer any editing options, so it is usually just easier to not use the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is extremely useful for the private events industry. If you have to manage multiple rooms, this is definitely the best tool I have found.

Calendar management has always been a struggle here, with two rooms that we rent out and many table reservations to manage. This allows for us to have a real time view of any changes to the calendar before we start discussing options with new clients.

The lead form on our website has also increased efficiency with our incoming leads and makes sure that we cover all necessary information with them.

Gather review by Dana A.
Dana A.

"Gather is awesome!"

What do you like best?

It is so user friendly! Chef's love it, Managers love it as do servers. The updates sent to everyone in the morning prevent the question of is there a party tonight? How many ppl? When? Etc. All that information is at each and every sinlge persons fingers tips either via their phones or lap tops.

What do you dislike?

I wish I knew!! I think the only confusong part is the financials, our accounting team isn't on board with putting the credit cards through Gather, we only record thedeposits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it!! You will wonder why you dfid not think of this software. Makes booking a party, making changes, communicating with the staff and client as easy as possible

I can answer leads from anywhere and hav (from Cubs Games to the beach). We live in a society that wants instant answers/responses...Gather allows and promotes that!

Gather review by Caitlin N.
Caitlin N.

"Gather is a great program to keep open communication within our business."

What do you like best?

The ability to add and categorize notes is a fantastic feature. I just learned how to write internal communication notes and that is a really great feature as well!

What do you dislike?

The formatting of the Calendar is a bit difficult to navigate at times. Some of the functions are not entirely user friendly, but have been improving! I also dislike the pop up notifications every Wednesday for Webinar Wednesday - I do not need to be reminded every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never used a program that allowed me to communicate to several people internally without sending emails, calls, etc. We all have access to the program - this makes sales and operations work together much easier!

Gather is a great communicative tool. Having Gather helps us to communicate through several different departments and make planning events seamless.

Gather review by Kathleen E.
Kathleen E.

"User Friendly! "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and organized. It keeps all my events and event details together and easy to understand, which is useful for me as well as my clients. I also love the support system, always available and have never had an issue.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to sync the events to my outlook calendar, this would also help with notifying other employees when events are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If events are a big part of your company or business, I suggest to look into Gather. It keeps everything organized and keeps proposals looking professional as well as easy for clients to understand.

We are trying to make event planning a stronger department at our venue, this is helping on our website to gain more leads and attract more customers.

Gather review by Megan J.
Megan J.

"Almost perfect!"

What do you like best?

The layout of the application- everything is so user friendly and very easy to learn. It is much easier to share information with my team and keep track of all notes pertaining to event planning.

What do you dislike?

I don't particularly dislike anything. The closest I'd come would be the ability to merge accounts without having to go through your support team. I understand that this is likely not feasible due to accounts being shared with multiple restaurants under one corporation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You won't regret it!

Gather aids me in time management. It makes it easy to convey and show the rest of my team exactly what needs to happen, when it needs to happen and how to make it happen. Communication and organization have become much easier and focused.

Gather review by Sarah J.
Sarah J.

"Works great, very user friendly "

What do you like best?

I like that the program is easy to use. The app is also very helpful so I do not have to log in on a computer every time. The format for the app is also very easy to read and easy to translate. The message board is also very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I do not like about the app is the fact that you can not go back and look at past event on the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Very user friendly easy to read and communicate with people who are booking events at my venue!

The benefits are its easy accessibility, I often have to pull up the application multiple times during the party to double check things. I like that everything is easily laid out.

Gather review by Hayley W.
Hayley W.

"Increased efficiency to allow for more relationship building! "

What do you like best?

User friendly, great calendar view, reliable & easy to read. LOVE the contact list with ability to view past events. Team communication is great!

What do you dislike?

A few details items I would adjust to make it more friendly to our establishment. The mobile app is not great at all, a lot of work needs to be done with this. Also, would like a way to mass email our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research on what you actually need the software for... compare to others and make an informed decision with the help of the Gather team.

Increased efficiency, to allow more time to communicate with guests. Great to have a contact database with all our client & love that it can easily save and store past event information.

Gather review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Gather is a time & life saver!"

What do you like best?

Gather. Is. Awesome. It is a simple & easy way to keep track of any and all parties. From start to finish, it keeps all information regarding an upcoming event in one location, that everyone with access can easily locate. All parties can view past messages, you can save documents to easily send to clients. Collecting payments online is simple and extremely user friendly. This application has organized and simplified the event booking process.

What do you dislike?

Honestly- there isn't a whole lot to dislike about this product. If I would have to choose something, I'd say collecting the online payments can be a little confusing at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go to your account manager for anything you may need- questions, set up, uploading information, etc. They are extremely helpful! There are also free webinars every Wednesday to get any extra help you may need.

We are solving the unorganization when it comes to booking parties between several locations. This easily gives all of our managers access to view other locations calendar, communicate effectively in one place so nothing gets lost. We realized just how much we are making from hosting private events and a better way to reward the managers who are successfully booking these extra events, which in turn, is making them work harder to book new events, and keep up with past clients to get their returned business.

Gather review by Administrator

"Not small business friendly"

What do you like best?

Initially we had a positive experience with Gather. We had regular contact from their team and their support was stellar. We were told by our initial salesperson that we would receive a call from someone at renewal to discuss our contract and future pricing, as we received a discount for our first year.

What do you dislike?

Due to some procedural changes at our business, we decided not to renew our contract with Gather.

Imagine our surprise when we received a large charge on our credit card from Gather this month, with zero o the promised communication from their team regarding our renewal. We immediately reached out to their billing department and got no response. We reached out again to another team member who sent our email to yet another rep and received a curt answer that our contract required a 30 day cancellation with our contract attached.

The “contract” we received was an invoice with a link inside of it to a website with their terms and conditions that they can edit and amend at their leisure. Not acceptable, and we never received any communication from their sales team as was promised to us. We were also renewed at a higher rate than our first year without our consent. We reached back out asking for an actual contract with this info and asked for a refund and the rep never responded.

After the first ghosting, we contacted their “success” team again requesting a refund. We told them we did not want to renew and they said they would be happy to call and talk about how Gather could help us. We replied again stating we did not want to renew. We were ghosted again with no response. This makes a total of 4 separate contacts with no response.

So here we are with event software we are no longer using, and the company has completely stopped responding to us. I would like to add that our final payment for our first term was drawn September, 2017 and we are obviously well over 30 days out from that.

We were planning on utilizing Gather in the future once we revamped our events program, but that is now off the table and we will be warning other small businesses about their unacceptable billing practices.

Zero, none

Gather review by Jonathan G.
Jonathan G.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

It's flexibility. We use it as an internal master calendar for the entire company. We've found a solution for any scheduling problem that we've presented with them.

What do you dislike?

We don't use it as a transaction portal but if we did, I imagine that would be a little challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have recommended this to several other breweries that are now using it. Any shortcomings that we have found, we let them know and they seem to always present solutions or release improvements that move it in the right direction. We've been very pleased and they're very easy to work with.

We host events at our space and in the market. The calendar allows us to view both in one place and make sure we're coordinated.

Gather review by Paula N.
Paula N.

"Gather is simple to use and efficient "

What do you like best?

I like that I can find what I am looking for quickly, it a simple system to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Creating a new contact each time I need to create a booking, just takes a minute.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on implementing this with your company, I would advise that you make sure that your staff will be using this frequently. Clients don't like it when they are introduced to new software all the time. With that being said, just make sure you are going to use it often so you don't end up getting rid of it.

Mmm trying to see if the whole staff can get accustomed to this. The benefits I have realized is that it is easy for my clients to use.

Gather review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to communicate to an entire management team with out having to email or text or call. Everything is in one easy place and can log on to see the information from home or on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I have not found much of anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. Life is so much easier and there is much less conflicts departmentally.

The biggest solution that is solved with using this system (first time) is the elimination of having to ask questions. Before, without using Gather, there was always a lot of back and forth between culinary staff and banquet staff. Now, each department can find all the information at any time without having to distract each other.

Gather review by Reginald M.
Reginald M.

"Need better message window and email system"

What do you like best?

How fast the updates are when I receive a new message, submitted proposal, or credit card added to a sale.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the email is not the greatest. It has become highly inaccurate for delivery and I have had to become involved with the Gather IT support on more than one occasion. Currently, still having issues. Having to use my gmail account to deliver messages. Additionally, when you are trying to respond to a guest, the message windows does not move and I continually have to close the window to view their original lead.

Solving a lot of organizational demands that Gather tracks and assesses everyday for us. It simplifies the way we track reservations and process BEO's

Gather review by Kyle C.
Kyle C.

"Great organizational skill on pc. "

What do you like best?

it's a great over all organizational tool for helping with event set up as well as the payment system makes things a great deal easier. team communication is also a really great. makes it so you don't have to fish through a bunch of emails to find prior communications just have to look up the event. all in all a great system.

What do you dislike?

I do think that the cell phone app needs an extreme makeover however. it is not very reliable when looking things up on the go. has extreme trouble loading events and team communication is limited since you cannot @ a team member via cell phone.

ability for guests to pay has been the best benefit for our customers. i would say the organization between front and back of house ahs been the best area that we have been able to solve. very few things are missed using this system.

Gather review by Charlie S.
Charlie S.

"Fantastic Sofware"

What do you like best?

I love having everything in one place. Being able to communicate, make menus, and communicate with everyone on the team has really steamed line our private dinning room program.

What do you dislike?

There are couple of areas that could be improved. One suggestion of mine is be able to check availability of a date requested on the computers like you can on the mobile app they have. Also, customers sometimes find the event portal a little confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic. Pays for itself in no time

Before gather, our private dining room program was a little heck it. Customers would call and request a certain evening. My hostess would write everything on these pieces of paper and I would try to get back to them asap. I would then have to create new menu for the program, make sure everyone was on the same page. Have correspondence in my outlook. Even if I had everything written out and printed on my clip boards labeled with the day. If I was not there I would get a phone call asking me all the info that was right in front of them.

Administrator in Hospitality

"Super user friendly CRM system "

What do you like best?

Easy to use for my employees, we are able to get them trained on the system in 2 short training sessions. The whole Gather team is super helpful and very quick to respond to questions. They take suggestions and actual make changes to their system accordingly when it makes sense.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had more detailed reporting and personalized options when it comes to reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a system that is user friendly and easy to train your employees look no further. The whole Gather team is also very helpful and open to suggestions for new features, they are rolling out new features almost every month. Being able to have your guests log into a portal and see at a glance all of the important information about their event, where they are with payments, and be able to make payments at their leisure.

We are booking customers at a faster rate, and able to get payments in a much more timely manor.

Gather review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Best Private Event Organizational Software available..."

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive. Starting with alerts with new leads. Communication through the software is incredibly easy. From templates for first contact through signing contracts, Gather makes everything very smooth and effortless. I love that the software integrates all communication streams into a single point of reference to go back in one place and see everything we have discussed with the client, regardless if the communication was through the app or email. Transfer of documents is seamless.

I would like the selection of filters to be remembered. Anytime you navigate away from a page, the filter screen pops up again and you have to hide it if you want a full screen. The software should remember my selection until I request a new filter.

What do you dislike?

My criticisms are few. If I were making it better these are a few things I would change:

When looking through the documents for a specific event, such as a contract or BEO - when you navigate back the system actually boots you completely out of the software and you have to log back in again. This can be a bit frustrating when you need/want to look at several documents, or just want to print something. It only takes a second to reload in and find your event again, but the software should be more intuitive in this respect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it. Its worth the money!

This software has created a much better streamline for our event business.

We were doing everything the software does - but by hand.

The software has created more efficiency and accountability for our event planning.

Gather review by Alexa R.
Alexa R.

"Makes My Life So Much Easier..."

What do you like best?

I like using Gather because it is dedicated to venues more than anything else. The layout takes some getting used to at first, but once you have it figured out, it saves a lot of time on nearly everything. I have to submit event notes, financial breakdowns, contracts and proposals into multiple systems because of how our venue is laid out, and Gather just makes it easier for me to find information.

What do you dislike?

I will say, I do not like that everything is tagged as "Food" items in event summary. We are just starting to incorporate in-house catering into the mix, and although minor, it's a little confusing.

I also do not like in the "Event Notes" that we have to select an already pre-selected categories list. This is another minor detail but we have different categories that aren't listed in their pre-made lists. So I have to remind myself that I may have used "Setup" for something that isn't necessarily about the setup, because there wasn't a pre-existing tab for what I wanted. Not a make or break deal by any means, but it's kind of annoying I guess.

Accepting Amex or Discover!! But that's a lot of places that don't accept those cards. (Again, minor detail).

Time saving, time saving, time saving!! It's so easy to set up a proposal and have clients pay through the system, instead of me pulling teeth trying to get them to fill out a CC Authorization Form and scan it and send it back to me.

Another thing is professional work flow. When I send clients a proposal, I love that there is a picture at the top, and a price breakdown and downloadable PDF's at the bottom for clients to click on if they want to see the full contract, etc. It just looks exponentially more professional and people take you more seriously when you have a good work flow.

Gather review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Gather: A tool to help keep everyone on the same page."

What do you like best?

Before Gather, we had multiple binders to keep track of all our events here at our brewery. This caused us to miss many details and even at times be surprised by groups showing up. Gather has completely reversed that, as we now have a place to keep track of every event and be able to communicate with everyone on the team as well.

What do you dislike?

I do feel that I don't delve as deep into the software as some do so on the surface I have no real issues with the software.

We appear much more organized to the customer. Not only do we appear to be on top of things but can really follow through with that appearance. Very few things fall through the cracks like they did before Gather. Keeping all our events in one place with the ability to outline each detail for each event is great. All the while being able to communicate about each event with our team outside of the customer's view is a great tool.

Gather review by Chris A.
Chris A.

"Great Tool, Great Support!"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can use Gather for so many functions in one program make it very valuable. I can upload my banquet menus, generate personalized menus for my guests, send messages to guests that are tracked in there, and even view messages between my guests and my Banquet Manager. You can tag other users in the internal team messaging in each of your Leads/bookings. It is very easy to keep everyone on the same page. You can send attachments easily to your guests, as you can keep them saved in Gather.

Their support team seem excited to help and figure out ways to make things that you vision actually happen.

What do you dislike?

Not Much.

If this software talked to OpenTable and Micros...Game Over!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This team seems to be changing the game. I see them going places, as they listen to their customers and make things happen.

WAY quicker responses to Leads, which leads to WAY more bookings

Gather review by Patrick F.
Patrick F.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

Gather is a great tool for organizing all event details in one, well laid out space. All details are broken down into tabs for financial, messages, and even BEO's. My work place is a restaurant group and there are a lot of events that are happening at different spaces or events that I wasn't aware of being booked. But thanks to Gather I can view all details in a condensed and organized manner and send messages with updates or questions to our management and events teams. The app is my favorite update to the system, not having to go online or dig through old word documents to find event notes has made my job so much easier, I simply open the app and todays events are listed right there.

What do you dislike?

There honestly isnt much that I dislike about Gather, especially compared to our old system of having everything in a word document that wasn't accessible online.

All management and event team members can see the same information regardless of where we are. Its very helpful that we can all send each other updates or event notes right in the system without having to track each other down or having to wait for an email or phone response. Our events have been running so much smoother.

Gather review by Brittany D.
Brittany D.

"Gather is helpful, but there is definitely room for improvement. "

What do you like best?

I like having everything all in one place for everyone to access... contract, event details, menu, minimum spend, estimates, etc.

What do you dislike?

1. It's difficult (multiple steps) pushing Gather to Google Calendar (both on computer and phones).

2. I cannot add/edit events from app on the phone. I cannot view past events on the app.

3. It will not keep me logged in (on my personal computer or on the app on the phone). If I do not use the app for a couple of days, it logs me out. Maybe at least update it to where you can use your fingerprint? Or a pin?

4. I hate not being able to see the entire calendar through the app on the phone.

5. I don't like that I cannot personalize certain things. For example, I'd like to be able to personalize the feedback email. I'd like to be able to make my own template for the feedback email. I'd also like to be able to program my own template for the send proposal email.

6. I would like to be able to control the default settings for the calendar (automatically showing up colored by venue, room, etc).

7. I'd like to be able to send a proposal through my email (on the same thread as my previous correspondence with clients) rather than having to send a separate email via Gather. (I've copied/pasted the link before, but it just takes them to the portal....it does not also ask for them to click/approve of the policies).

8. It would be nice if instead of printing event summary and cc auth, they could sign electronically through Gather.

9. When entering menus....it would be nice if there was an option for including the number of pieces/items per order (and I don't mean text in the description...because that is then included on the 'menu' populated for the customer). It would be nice if that was an unseen detail that was only used to show the itemized total of pieces/items on the invoice/chef BEO/BEO.

10. When making the clients' menu/order, it would be nice to have one invoice/working spreadsheet - all on the same page - that shows 1) number of item orders, 2) number of pieces of each item (multiplied by the number of orders in real time as entered/adjusted), and 3) the total price. It would be nice to have to keep jumping back and forth between event summary and financials when trying to build an order within a specific budget.

11. On the app - when users scroll down and see 'Summary', a list of the menus I used for this event is shown. However, this is a copy of the full menu (and not a list of the selections the client actually made from it). My staff is well aware of what our full menu looks like. What they need quickly from the app is to see which selections the client made. I understand they can just keep scrolling to look at the documents...but this 'summary' just seems unnecessary as-is.

12. When creating an event - if I'm logged into my personal Gather account, on my own computer, I don't see why I need to go through the extra step of selecting myself in the drop down menu as 'owner' of the event.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the support documents on the bottom, right of the screen. They're very helpful and they have helped me a lot.

I personally thought it was a lot easier to upload/enter in my own menus/documents/policies (rather than having the sales associate do it).

Clients view the platform as user-friendly and professional.

It's nice having everything in one place as a final result.

Administrator in Hospitality

"Gather for Rue Bourbon Balcony"

What do you like best?

The way Gather streamlines all of our content make sales much easier and faster to process, which is an absolute blessing for our business that runs all marketing, sales, social media, and website amongst just two people. It keeps our hands free to tackle other tasks we need to create more brand awareness.

What do you dislike?

The app is the toughest thing to deal with. Granted, the app is fairly new, so we understand glitches are bound to happen. However, it's hard to be on the go and be unable to tag other team members or send quick messages. We look forward to the app updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a starting company still working with an all paper trail – just do it. Gather understands the need for technology to be fast, efficient, easy to use, and always readily available.

It just solves our paperwork issues. Our sales team came into a business that still had new folders for each new event and BEO binders. It was really inefficient on top of trying to handle the corporations entire rebrand. We need free hands, but we needed to also eliminate this analog sales form. Gather definitely solved that for us.

Gather review by McKenzie S.
McKenzie S.

"Gather's created more efficiency in our day to day operations."

What do you like best?

What I like most about Gather is that everything I need is in one place. I can find all meeting details with a few quick clicks. I appreciate that the Gather team has already thought through the process for their customers and what it looks like to build a meeting. They've incorporated these details into the software to make it easy for me and my team, for our customer while being ultimately. paperless.

What do you dislike?

I understand Gather is still developing their product, and I appreciate the effective communication of product updates and prompt communication from the Support Team when I need a solution. They're always open for feedback as well, desiring to get better!

One of my biggest pain points is the lack of capability for linking a multi-day booking. We have created a short term solution by creating individual bookings by the day, but when it comes down to accurately reporting finances and sending agreements, it can get a bit sticky for those two to five day meetings. we don't want to keep sending the customer email after after requesting a payment and an agreement approval, so both of those items live in the first day of the multi-day booking. However, when it's a one day meeting, it's a breeze.

Additionally, we manually send payment receipts. It would remove one more step from the process if, once a customer made a payment, the receipt was automatically emailed to them.

Lastly, I would love for the Gather app to have a calendar as a whole for easy access and viewing to check availability while on the go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out. Walk through a booking with your colleagues or ask a valued and trusted customer to do a "test run" and provide feedback. I recommend going through every step, evaluating every detail to ensure it best suits your needs. Ask questions to the Gather team. Tell them what you need and how you can find a solution to the problem. They're available for you and always willing to help.

We are communicating in one place. If there's a question concerning a meeting, every one knows where to look to find an answer.

A majority of our company has access to the calendar so it's beneficial to check availability at surrounding locations to help sell space and provide answers to customers.

Gather review by Timothy R.
Timothy R.

"Not yet ready for prime time"

What do you like best?

We like the electronic contracting and we like the ability to place a credit card on file

What do you dislike?

The IOS app seems to be able to send messages to clients and it does seem to be able to send templates but not free-form messages. Yet it often leads the user to believe a message has been sent when it has not. About 45 days ago new inquiries stopped showing up in your new messages list – your support people insisted this was not a change but it was. It seems logical that new leads would be the most important new messages I have asked Gather to make all the numbers and metrics on its Home page hyperlinked, but you they have not. If I see I have two new leads I can click on that number and it takes me to the new leads. If I see I have one new contract signed, the numeral “1” is not hyperlinked and I have to search for the new signed contract. It is difficult or impossible to add a second client contact name but in the wedding business it is pretty normal to have at least two client counterparties. Yes I know about the “onsite” contact but that is not a default email recipient. Gather proposals are not properly itemized and clients do not seem to notice that I have attached a “BEO” which is not a term I could define for you.

It is completely ridiculous that the client could sign an e-contract without being forced to enter and validate their address, phone, full and correct name, etc. Our normal course is we get a contract signed and then we chase down the additional information required to actually have a contract with the Zenith Additional Information form. This is cumbersome and probably not legally defensible. I want the client to execute the contract having filled in and validated their complete contact info

E-contracting and being PCI compliant

Gather review by Chris E.
Chris E.

"Gather ROCKS!"

What do you like best?

I like that Gather Keeps everything in one place. Easy to follow up with clients! Super user friendly. Allows different levels of access so teams can access but not change information.

What do you dislike?

i hit spam alot. I wish when you clicked on a specific sort option for leads that it always came back to that option unless changed. I know there are saved options but they require the same amount of time as just doing the options the other way. At least in my opinion. I would love to be able to customize the categories on the notes for the BEO so it would fit all of our venues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is easy to use. Easy to teach. Has great support response times.

We are better able to build proposals and respond to lead via templates and saved files easily. using the app saves time and allows us to be in constant contact with clients.

Gather review by Mia S.
Mia S.

"Great event software - streamlines my job!"

What do you like best?

I have a very high volume restaurant and having this software has made our internal communication so much better. I work at a corporate office and deal with 2 different locations, which can sometimes make the communication process difficult. It helps to provide our entire team with the proper information and allows me to respond to inquiries quickly and efficiently.

In terms of efficiency, I think the generated proposals are great for both the client and our team. They are clean, easy to read, and intuitive for our staff and provide the client with a hub for their event, which puts them at ease during the planning process.

I also think it is extremely convenient since I can access it from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I think there could be some updates with the homepage - allowing you to move through leads like email, by clicking through each one, without having to go back to the main page. I also like to work in my email account rather than on the system, so sometimes it can be repetitive when I log on. It can look like I haven't responded because they don't automatically become "read" if you open the leads from your email.

I also wish there was a way to add to additional contacts to the messages within the system, in case there are a few people handling the events.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an event software to simultaneously grow and streamline your special events business, Gather is a great option. I think the system is easy to use, while providing both professionals and clients a beautiful product. It generates documents based on your entries, automatically updates as needed, and provides an overall hub for your team and your potential clients.

We are currently trying to build another off-location business through one of our current locations, so it is trying to figure out how to utilize the calendar properly. we also have live music events at one of our venues, so it becomes challenging to incorporate those on the calendar without confusing the other locations.

I have great feedback from clients and from our staff about how well the system works. Clients really enjoy their event portals and my kitchen and management staff appreciate the internal BEOs and other documents.

Gather review by Raleigh T.
Raleigh T.

"Personal, easy to use, and easy to keep organized!"

What do you like best?

It helps me easily keep all of my events straight! Working with over 400 event hosts a year, keeping things organized is vital for success. This wouldn't be possible without Gather. By keeping communication, day-of details, setup requests, parking preferences, pricing, discounts, team notes, and event details all in one location, I can not only keep my events separate from one another, but I can more easily recall details AND do so quicker, thus allowing me to plow through work faster to get more work done in a day.

What do you dislike?

Certain seemingly obvious features should be added, such as entering a percentage for a discount rather than having to calculate it myself and enter the actual dollar amount. Another feature that should be added is the ability for away messages to either be set in Gather or be sent through Gather's system; when I have been out of office without access to email, my contacts wouldn't know because they wouldn't receive the away message I set. This creates a huge problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!! It will make your life much easier as an event planner. :)

Helping organizations improve internal organization and create positive culture through creating space for corporate offsites, networking receptions, demo reveals, cocktail parties, and technical meetups. We intentionally keep prices low and competitive so that the 300 companies in our building are able to utilize our space, seeing as they are startups with little to no income. This allows our audience to more easily reach their goals as a business and as a team by offering them space to gather together and work through necessary problems.

Gather review by Lacey S.
Lacey S.

"Pros & Cons all around"

What do you like best?

I love the calendar view and how it is color coded. It makes things very easy to see what is available or not. I love the lead aspect as well. I haven't gotten many yet but I know it will pick up. I love the homepage snapshot as well! And I love that everything is done in real time as far as the proposals/changes.

What do you dislike?

I think the reporting aspect is really lacking. I don't know if anyone at Gather is familiar with caterease but that is the one thing I miss from caterease. There should be an easier way to look up your sales for a time period or look up specific clients and have everything totaled for us. I can't believe that I always have to manually add things up or export it into excel and do multiple steps to get the necessary information organized and do the formula to give me a total. If you can come up with a similar way to do a "query" as it was called on caterease, gather would be perfect!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very user friendly and organized just lacks in reporting.

I solving the problem of confirmations. Caterease lacked in that aspect. I love that this is all web based, sends them a proposal and they have to confirm it before moving forward. This makes things easier when clients try to fight you on something.

Gather review by Lauren B.
Lauren B.

"Love Gather"

What do you like best?

The integration. We have 5 locations in our restaurant group and 3 of which have robust event business year-round (over $1M). We need to coordinate between a teams of managers and chefs in different cities to pull off our event and Gather makes that possible. Communication is much faster and more transparent so there is accountability.

What do you dislike?

The app is quite up to snuff yet. I can't make changes to contracts on the go, like say during a walk-through with a client and tagging/team communication isn't functional within the app, which is challenging for floor managers who do not have time to sit at their computers and often work from their phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it, it's well worth it.

Transparency and accountability in communication within our company. I, as the event manager, can work 3X as fast and book more events because the contracting process through Gather is so streamlined.

Gather review by Christen H.
Christen H.

"Easy to use software - would recommend to anyone"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for both me and my clients. Compared to any other software we've used in the past, this is by far the cleanest and most user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Gather will occassionally not work for me like usual, but these lags in the system or bugs are generally cleared up quickly, and the support team is quick to respond.

The phone app doesn't allow me to edit details or pull up all the information I need always, so I'd like to see an update for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is by far the easiest software I've used. I'm a pro now and can get contracts out in 2 minutes.

We've been able to find an easy way for people to sign a contract with us. Love the layout and how easy it is for us to anticipate client needs and pass off to staff for successful events.

Gather review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Hands down the best thing I have done for my Events business"

What do you like best?

I can quote a wedding in less than 15 minutes

What do you dislike?

Not being able to import my menus from a excel or word file. But it's not a major hardship. WOuld also be great if Gather integrated with Infusionsoft/Resdiary/Asana for us as those are our other major business systems. A quick integration with Zapier would solve this quickly. Hopefully it is on the cards for Gather in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. If Gather keep improving the software & from our point of view integrate using something like Zapier or direct integrations with CMS, Reservations systems and project managament systems (all cloud based of course) they will be hard to beat in this space.

The speed with which we can quote people's events. Simple event management so we can get on with hosting our guests rather than worrying that all the information is up to date.

Gather review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"I am a huge fan of Gather so far. Streamlined our events and organized how we do things."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that my whole mgmt team can work off the same program and see what is going on with events and who has responded to what. Also, the BEO forms are great! Having a Chefs BEO and ours is a great feature. BOH doesn't need to see certain things and I really like that feature.

What do you dislike?

Actually, nothing so far! Everything is working just as we wanted it to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It will help in every aspect of your event management.

Streamlining our Events. We do quite a few every week and its keep us much more organized and on the same page.

Gather review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Gather "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, doesn't take long for people who have never used the software to adapt and be up to speed adn ready to book events instead and hit the ground running. Extremely organized, user friendly. Great customer service, I have never had to wait more than 24 hours to hear back when there is an issue. Very responsive. They also do great networking events near and around the area you work in, so it's nice to meet other user's in a similar field. The weekly seminars for new users or people having trouble adapting are wonderful. Works extremely well for multiple location and the calendar format is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Not enough places to input various details. When you delete a booking after it has been converted is completely disappears and you lose all information. That is extremely frustrating. Also, there are sometimes glitches where the calendar or the sales reports do not fully load. I understand that this is a newer software so glitches are expected and they do not outweigh the excellent customer service, however, it can be a bit frustrating when you are in a rush. Lastly the app is very touch and go. But having an app is very nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Doesn't have all of the features that other event planning software does, however the price is right, the support is excellent, and it is extremely user friendly.

Organization and team communication are highly increased with the use of gather

Gather review by Tricia S.
Tricia S.

"Gather Feedback"

What do you like best?

I like the the options on the calendar or listing. The ease of uploading menus and documents is good and the ability to process payments using our credit card processor makes things easy! The team communication is a great feature as well

What do you dislike?

~I would like it if there were invoice numbers you can associate with the payments

~If there were some kind of Word integration that would allow you to sync with Outlook.

~If there was some kind of timing feature where you could plan out the event for your staff where the client wouldn't see it.

~ There are spaces where you put things, but they don't show up on the BEO's

It helps keeps things in one location when it comes to booking our venues and scheduling catering. It has also helped us communicate on our events internally.

Gather review by Deanna W.
Deanna W.

"Gather for catering "

What do you like best?

Gather has been so helpful in streamlining our order creation/invoicing/client response time.

What do you dislike?

We wish it was simple to integrate the invoices into quickbooks and to adjust orders via cell phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out! It is so simple to use and I can't imagine it not being useful to your business. We looked around at other software and though that most seemed dated and difficult to learn. This was definitely not the case with Gather. We did one session and have needed very little assistance/support since then.

Prior to Gather we were manually typing up each quote and sending to the client, then rewriting the order into another form for our kitchen and then creating an invoice. Gather has made this a simple one step process that's easy to use and much more convenient while out of the office.

Gather review by Olivia T.
Olivia T.

"Excellent Program"

What do you like best?

I really like how simple and easy it is to use. I also like how everything can be done online and for my purpose client's do not need to come into the office to schedule an event.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is sometimes Gather kicks me off when I am already logged in. This only happens sometimes though.

Before we had to have client's come into our office to sign a contract or to set up an event with our old program. That was difficult sometimes because everyone has different schedules and some client's couldn't make it until our office hours were already closed. So Gather has really helped my co workers and I be able to just do everything online by email and the fact that everything is done in real time has helped us greatly.

Gather review by Jenny Y.
Jenny Y.

"This is a great option for clients to be able to reference the details of their event!"

What do you like best?

The ability to change a quote in a matter of seconds and show the customer as it's changed is pretty cool. We also like the communication aspect... That we can keep all correspondence with a client in one place and don't have to go digging back through emails. The team communication part is pretty useful, too.

What do you dislike?

Now that we've customized and fixed a few things, I think it's going to work quite nicely for us. Learning a new system is always a little time-consuming and frustrating, but we are figuring it all out.

This is solving the back and forth via separate email threads, which left us digging through dozens of emails sometimes to find out what someone wanted us to note. When I get an email I can make an adjustment right then to the proposal.

Gather review by Shanan M.
Shanan M.

"Life Saver"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to al a carte items. We don't do the usually per person menu but instead you put together your own buffet. This was the only software I found that could do that.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile app was able to do edits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. This software is amazing and only going to grow and add in additional bells and whistles.

The growth of our catering has sky rocketed in the recent year and their easy templates and being creation is top notch along with the ability to send invoice and collect payment through the email.

Gather review by Jenny A.
Jenny A.

"Excellent! Love the program! Very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I can pull it up anywhere! It syncs with my google calendar and it's easy to manipulate! Our clients find it very user friendly and it's super simple to train someone new!

What do you dislike?

Not much to say - only if the internet is not working- you can access it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this program to all of our other properties and any restaurant that caters private events.

Making things easier for all of our departments from the kitchen to back of the house OPS. Benefits are immense! Once everyone is on board it keeps everyone informed and connected.

Gather review by Kayla F.
Kayla F.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

The organization and calendar features. Creates very clean contracts for guests. Easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Don't dislike anything but there are a few features I'd like to see - ability to mass archive leads, ability to customize feedback emails that are auto sent to guests, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This has made our multi-outlet contract system completely streamlined. It also has helped create smooth communication between our events team and management teams. Easily accessible. The app is hugely helpful!!

Gather has helped us be much more efficient in creating bookings. It's an easier, faster process that's solved a lot of our timing issues as well as organizational issues in collecting inquiries.

Gather review by Allison M.
Allison M.

"Saves so much time! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that everything is in one system. I am able to send contracts and invoices all within one system. It is easy for the client to understand and looks extremely professional.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue that I currently have with the system is the fact that I can't create a reoccurring event. I can copy the booking, but I can't make a 3 day event or have the same event booked for every Sunday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and great!

There is less confusion in the planning process because everything is within one system.

Gather review by daniel g.
daniel g.

"Gather"

What do you like best?

It is extremely easy to print out any of the necessary BEOs and forms. The ease of communication between our event planner and the restaurant is great.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the website was easier to login. If I am on mobile, it is incredibly difficult to find a way to login without clicking on a direct link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it easier to login in mobile

We love having a standard BEO format that is autopopulated instead of filling out everything by hand. I just wish the blank beo's had a little more information like address and directions.

Gather review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Gather for catering companies"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating proposals

Invoicing & payment facilitation

Able to collect leads via our website

What do you dislike?

No chain for email, clients hate this

Lack of customization on invoices, ability to crop photos properly when upload

The manner in which our "from" line looks to.clients

Cannot do proposal for lead MUST turn it into booking first. Then we have to cancel.or delete but it was truly only a.lead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If they implement updates this could be a great option for your company!

Speeding up proposal time

Easier to update and change menus for clients, headcount and financials.

Gather review by User

"Great Software for Events and Private Parties"

What do you like best?

From the menus to documents to customer portal, Gather is extremely user-friendly and efficient. Menus can be saved but also changed for each specific event. Several notes fields allow for effective communication to both team members and customers. Documents are very clean and professional-looking.

What do you dislike?

The financials section is good for the most part. The exception is Gratuity listed as a taxable line item. This makes for difficult calculations when trying to get a precise number for customers.

It allows details of an event to be communicated smoothly to all members of a team, including F&B, payments, etc.

Gather review by Alison C.
Alison C.

"Amazing digital platform, so efficient!!!"

What do you like best?

That I can do everything from first response to a lead to taking payment online, all in one system!!! And I have to mention, they have THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced! Leigh is AMAZING!!!!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I don't like about Gather. I luv Gather!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is so worth it!!!

The time to convert from a lead to a sale has decreased tremendously. And now I don't have to deal with getting copies of credit cards and credit card authorization forms, etc. And the client can view changes instantly.

Gather review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Solid software that is extremely useful."

What do you like best?

The team communication log is very useful for communicating party needs with out the guest being able to View them. I really like the tagging feature.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there is no way to set a reminder to call back a customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that everyone who is using this software with in the company has a very strong understanding of it otherwise it can cause some confusion.

This helps us build out party packages for customers very easily, which has really helped us build revenue by improving our efficiency.

Gather review by Administrator

"So far, so very good!"

What do you like best?

The customer service people are awesome. Patient and responsive.

As far as the software goes, I like that it will (eventually, once I have everything in there) create BEOs and invoices automatically so I don't have to do any math. The layout and presentation is crisp, well-organized, and slick.

What do you dislike?

The ramp-up is a little exhausting, and it's not *quite* as intuitive as the demo lead me to believe. The nature of our business means we have to find a few work-arounds, as well, but nothing huge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself time for the on-boarding.

We're still early in the process, so nothing yet is "realized." But it is going to help streamline communications between the kitchen and the event staff, will be great for record-keeping, and save time when getting deposits.

Gather review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Easy to Use Event Software!"

What do you like best?

The calendar is my favorite feature in Gather. It is a very easy interface to use, color-coded, and can be easily exported to a word or excel document.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of the BEO portion in Gather. Our event center does not have on-site catering so there are many portions of the BEO that do not pertain to me. It would be great if the sections could be edited so that you can customize the BEO to your exact specifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software for any catering company, hotel or other venue with on-site Food and Beverage.

This system keeps our staff organized, unable to double book clients into the same spaces on the same date, and creates link between our sales team and operations team.

Gather review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great!"

What do you like best?

The various color-coding of events, that both myself and the client remain up to date at the same time without digging through past quotes and emails,

What do you dislike?

Not as much customization in the frame of each event as I'd like (note titles), the mobile app doesn't shift perspective (it's only vertical) and doesn't allow notes to be taken while in the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only thing that I would warn against is that it does not allow much room for editing contracts. Our venue and catering contract stipulations and terms don't waiver, but for a company that creates custom contracts per event this might not be the platform to use.

We're a thousand times more organized and have easier access to each other's notes and communication with clients.

Gather review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Useful app for group planning and scheduling"

What do you like best?

Ability to store documents in one place, view calendar for future bookings, use app on phone for offsite events. It has been great to have an integrated system between our events manager and kitchen team to create order sheets in a more streamlined way.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to not have to log in to view the BEO documents. Especially while on the go or using a phone, and quickly need to look up an address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for communicating within team environment- the hard part is getting everyone on the team acquainted with the software and using it. The more users though, the more effective it is!

Transparency between departments (events, kitchen) is great. Allows for quick communication as long as everybody is on board.

Gather review by Laurie O.
Laurie O.

"Gather has been a pool to help manage and organize events as well as leads and accounts. "

What do you like best?

Events, accounts, contacts, leads-all in one place to keep organized, update event details, and manage contacts. Gather has helped us to elevate the client experience by consolidating a contract, details sheet, and payment form into a cohesive space.

What do you dislike?

The user address from where the communication comes from can be confusing to clients and sometimes get sorted to Spam. Our company uses Gather in multiple cities and would be helpful if the accounts and contacts were sorted in a way that could be easily identified and exported with the correlated city.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes time to teach our clients that there is a new system in place that includes their event details and contract.

Again, one place to store all information is the greatest benefit of the software.

Gather review by Alaina P.
Alaina P.

"Gather Review"

What do you like best?

I have been using Gather for the restaurant that I work for as an Event Coordinator for the past year and I love it!!! It makes my job so much more streamlined and professional, it is easy to use and efficient.

What do you dislike?

The daily reminders are a bit much for my business, not a dislike but I do receive a fe too many emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gather is easy to use and efficient, I recommend it to anyone building a small business!

Professional Event Planning for a local restaurant.

Gather review by Melinda W.
Melinda W.

"Gather Revue by Seattle Historical Venues"

What do you like best?

Having all info in one place. Eliminating the need for client files and paperwork. Having all client info on my phone via the app for easy access on the go. Being able to communicate, leave notes for my team that they can access from anywhere. Having all email communication in one place. Ease of use. Almost at our 1 year anniversary with Gather and it has been a life changer!!

What do you dislike?

Not being able to: book an event for multiple days; having multiple contacts for one event, auto fill email addresses in the messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it!

Dealing with paperwork and client files - having all info in one platform accessible by phone or computer has been a huge improvement to my business.

Gather review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Has made my life so much easier!!!"

What do you like best?

The Gather website and app have made our party planning and execution a breeze. I thought we had it down before, but Gather took it to another level. The reports make forecasting sales so much simpler.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say that I would like to change is when doing a quick view of an event I would like to be able to see the subtotal of the sales and not the total including tax and gratuity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. You will not be disappointed!

Scheduling has become much easier as has forecasting sales. Also it is great that my team can have one login that is limited access and my upper management can have separate logins with full access.

Gather review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly, templates, has weekly webinars, frequent updates, immediate support and response, results you can track, and lots of features.

What do you dislike?

I can't use the mobile app for anything except viewing my events.

I can't reuse a lead after it has been booked

I would like to see the onsite contact in the Chef BEO so I only have to print one instead of printing both BEO and Chef BEO for staff. Or I have to type it in the notes

When copying an event I wish I could see previous messages but understand why it does not display them

Wish there were more statuses

Increasing sales, increasing awareness of private dining, shortening the time required to book and finalize an event

Gather review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Gather has been Great!"

What do you like best?

Gather does a great job with keeping track of scheduled events as well as potential events.

The reports are great in the ability to compare year over year performance in a number of categories....sales, number of events, guests per event, PPA, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some of the financial aspects in regards to entering different revenue centers could be improved upon. I am not able to enter in a total amount for food, alcohol, and other items individually. I still able to track over all sales, just not separate revenue centers.

We have almost eliminated all possible double bookings for events and have been able to better track leads. Have a great success in using the reports to compare year over year stats.

Gather review by Hayley F.
Hayley F.

"First Time User, impressed!"

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface makes working with Gather a universal tool for all employees, even the ones who are not tech savvy. The most useful tool is the ability to host a conversation through Gather messages.

What do you dislike?

I wish the menu offerings could be more interactive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always look into more options, but Gather is a wonderful tool for your booking needs. You have all means to facilitate and event in one easy to use program.

This makes it easy to field inquiries about our events and catering without tedious emails and phone calls. The benefits are endless. You can book, plan and take payments for events without a single phone call being made. Plus, Gather helps market your business.

Gather review by Mandi H.
Mandi H.

"Great toll for booking!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of the software. It is pretty self explanatory and anything I have not figured out on my own has been promptly addressed by my Gatrher rep or the support team.

What do you dislike?

I cannot make multiple proposal options on the same event. I have had to create separate events in order to give clients options.

This is streamlining the process and allowing access to all parties necessary. It is very simple for customers to access their info as well.

Gather review by Tasha M.
Tasha M.

"Gather - Making events easy"

What do you like best?

Gather makes it easy to track the progress and communication of every event. It allows for outside staff to be able to jump in and catch up with ease.

What do you dislike?

I could see Gather having more options to flag events in the internal communication section. I usually take leads down and pass them on to events via gather. I wonder if there would be some other labeling in the internal communication to quickly pass along more info to my events team about the lead. Like "prefers email communication", "Is in the ____ status of planning". Something like that?

Having our venue, office events team, and BOH kitchen team able to access all information without as many catch up meetings.

Gather review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Using Gather for wedding sales and catering."

What do you like best?

I like how innovative the company is. Any requests we have they are willing to listen. We have been able to purchase some reporting that we feel is necessary and our Rep is always available to set up a meeting.

What do you dislike?

That changes must come from the masses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Def worth it! Customizing it to exactly what your company needs is the only con but they are always willing to go through in detail as to what it is you wish to integrate. We are always hopeful that the masses will want something similar to make a necessary adjustment. We are very happy with the platform.

We are able to better communicate internally. BEO's are clear as well as Invoicing.

Gather review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Great event management software."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Gather is their BEO's. They provide everything that our internal team needs to see as well as our client.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Gather doesn't integrate with the main event platforms such as The Knot and Wedding Wire. So, we have to manually put in all our leads from these sites which makes it a much more time consuming process for us.

The benefits of Gather is that you can have all your team in one place to communicate regarding client items.

Gather review by Nicole R.
Nicole R.

"Gather is the best in the biz! "

What do you like best?

I love the internal & external communication!

What do you dislike?

I wish the reporting capabilities were slightly more robust - they have already improved them in the year we have had gather!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've been planning events for 10+ years and have used 4 different types of sales software. Gather is by far the best! I try to get all of my event planning friends to convert.

Better communication! It's so much easy to keep everyone in the loop and on the same page

Gather review by EmmaLeigh D.
EmmaLeigh D.

"Pretty Good! "

What do you like best?

I really like how EASY it is to use Gather. It is very straightforward. I am able to quickly and efficiently organize myself and my team for upcoming events even when clients make last minute changes.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to customize some tabs for the BEO. I also would really like to have a "Call Log" area so that way I am more organized with each of my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would absolutely recommend it. It is a great program and system to help you and your employees stay organized.

The main problems we are solving by using Gather is to stay organized. We have been more efficient with booking events and communicating as a team.

Gather review by David H.
David H.

"Beautiful, seamless client and staff facing platform"

What do you like best?

Gather puts the information you and your clients need to approve the proposal in front of you. It is beautiful, works every time, and doesn't require a citrix server or look like a Microsoft Office rip off.

Integration with stripe payments mean you get paid every time. The developer is continuing to improve all the time!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more robust data tracking tools or API integration via Zapier. For now we use Airtable and manually pull info from our crm (pipedrive)

We have saved 4-5 hours per week with faster bookings and better beo management. Having all the info in one place and being able to comment on the proposal with staff streamlines communication.

Gather review by Megan T.
Megan T.

"Gather"

What do you like best?

I like the speed. I also like the intra-office messaging details that do not show up on the customers proposal.

I like the ease that the menu changes can be made. I also like having a separate financial page. I like the message feature that lets me know email is opened.

Customer service and support is excellent and always kind.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pale fonts. I always have to lean in to read details. I wish there was a faster way to print BEO's for the week than the download process. I wish there was an easier way to get from January to April on the calendar page.

Keeping the whole team informed on events.

Gather review by Paige S.
Paige S.

"Gather is a great and helpful tool!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can keep track of all my messages with my clients and keep track of every little detail for the event.

What do you dislike?

One thing I dislike is that in the review tool for the clients is that the message is not customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool for keeping organized and perfect for event planning.

Keeping my events organized. I have realized that with gather everything I need is right there and the staff is always very helpful.

Gather review by Dawn R.
Dawn R.

"NEVER double book again!!"

What do you like best?

Their customer suport staff is very knowledgeable and always happy to help. Their webinar Wednesdays are useful for new hires and event management support staff. They are always coming up with innovative solutions to make their banquet platform efficient and user friendly!

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything that I do not like and the one time I called in with a suggestion they came up with a solution in a matter of 2 phone calls!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend you give it a shot! It will save you time and my guests love the user friendly proposal and system!

When using outlook calendar we experienced quite a few double bookings-Using Gather has been a life saver!

Gather review by Millie T.
Millie T.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about gather is how easy it is to keep track of all events and keep track of all the guest information. For example we have a company that have events every month and we can pull up her information just from previous events.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't found anything. Everything have been pretty easy to follow and create events for our guest. One thing I can say I don't like is the way we delete stuff. Instead of writing delete, we should write they reason why is being deleted. Maybe even save the file for at least 30 days or so.

We use gather to create events for our business.

Gather review by Heather O.
Heather O.

"Gathering my thoughts on Gather Catering Software"

What do you like best?

The 'live' edits

The quick replies from the support staff

The 'fun' that they bring as a tech company

How everything is linked

The app on phone and getting notices right away (even before the email notice)

Time stamps on approvals

templets

What do you dislike?

Some features that are not 'editable' - even though not valid for our type of service.

Verbiage doesn't make sense to us in some areas

Having to manually type in delivery addresses and time to leave here

For reporting, things aren't added up. Have to download excel and do math on own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great for support

great for live edits and linked documents

Efficiency is much better so I can sell more and faster

Administrator in Hospitality

"Events made easy with Gather! "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is. I've never worked in a place that handles a high volume of parties and events where everyone on the management team is able to use the system. Including chefs!

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to go to the main page of the event where it shows the details while I'm writing a message, or somehow save a draft of a message. A lot of times I'll be in the middle of writing back to a lead/booking and I'll have forgotten a detail of the event. Instead of having to discard my draft, I wish there was a way to save it. I also wish that if an event cancels, it stops showing up in the events feed.

Because Gather is so efficient, I'm able to stay very organized and work on other tasks instead of taking time to develop an event program.

Gather review by Administrator in Museums and Institutions