Gather

Gather is streamlining the way private events are planned, empowering thousands of restaurants and venues with innovative software to grow their event business.

Work for Gather?
Cvent review  2x

Learning about Gather?

Gather Reviews

Showing 252 Gather reviews
Gather review by <span>Star G.</span>
Star G.

Gather is Great!

What do you like best?

Gather makes my life at work so much easier. I use Gather from home, on my cell phone and at work to organize and host events at our establishment.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to easier track return guests, or setup a recurring reservation. We have a lot of clients that book the 1st Monday of every month or the 13th of every month, etc. It would be nice to do this all at once rather than having to create several different events and send so many different email proposals.

It would also be nice if you could create events and check the entire calendar from the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend attending the webinar on Wednesdays! I have learned so much and really helped achieve all of my business goals and get on the right track to bring in more revenue for the company.

I try to attend the webinar most Wednesdays because I continually learn from them!I also really love how I can track how much money I am helping bring into the business by adding payments and tracking them by category, to help myself reach business goals.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gather
Gather review by <span>Laurie S.</span>
Laurie S.

AMAZING! Has changed our business in so many ways!

What do you like best?

I love how connected I can be to clients at any moment. The phone app allows me to check availability on the go and respond quickly to questions through messages. My response time to clients inquiries is so important to stay ahead of any competition and Gather allows me to do that from anywhere and with little material on hand.

What do you dislike?

No Calendar view in mobil app, Would be much quicker to check availability for specific dates. Currently I have to scroll through hundreds of bookings to find!

No full messages fed on desktop version, if multiple messages are received in one day it is hard to review without having to look back through emails sent confirming receiving. This could be another top tab!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is a small event business LIFE CHANGER! The staff is amazing and works with you every step of the way! Once you're set up EVERYTHING just falls in to place and your business is prepared to GROW! Personally my ability to manage multiple events on our small property has GREATLY improved our profits. I felt so limited prior to the use of Gather but now have the abilities to book to capacity without risk of overbooking. God I love this program!

Paperless everything is my overall goal as a General Manager. Even though I still have clients who insist on printing the contract and returning I have cut down on individual files needed immediately.

What Event Management Platforms solution do you use?

Gather review by <span>Susynn S.</span>
Susynn S.

Williwaw and Humpy's review of Gather

What do you like best?

Easy user functionality, ability to tag other event coordinators in events, simple and clean design. Since starting to use Gather this has been the most organized our organization has been when it comes to events.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot. We also use Gather for a variety of different events not just private caterings. So it doesn't always perfectly fit our whole calendar of events but is a good base point for all of them. Would be nice if Gather looked at incorporating other events such as concerts, weekly promos and so forth that many restaurants have to do in order to get people in their doors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. As an event planner with over 100 bookings on the calendar for 2017 already this software has been essential.

We didn't have any proposal system, so first and foremost having official proposals to send clients for private parties has been essential for us. Secondly, having a record of all our bookings in one spot has saved time and energy tracking down details of repeat or annual events.

Gather review by <span>wendy a.</span>
wendy a.

Easy to use, professional look and a true time-saver!

What do you like best?

Ease of use and constant upgrades. Speedy turnaround on menu uploads.

What do you dislike?

Invoices are limited. I wish the BEOs could fit upon 1 page

Recommendations to others considering the product

I’ve been using Gather here at Divani and I LOVE how easy it is and how professional proposals look. It tracks your leads, allows for online proposal approvals, automatically prepares a Chef BEO, menus and much, much more. Needless to say, it saves me a ton on time and we feel it’s worth the added monthly expense. The people at Gather really work for their money. Every time we have a new menu come out, I have them upload it so I can focus on more important things. Work is completed in a timely manner, always. They really do listen to suggestions too and do whatever they can to give you what you need. As you can tell, I can’t say enough good things.

Tracking leads have been solved. I save more time than ever anticipated.

Gather review by <span>Jessica D.</span>
Jessica D.

Sales & Event Manager Gather Review

What do you like best?

I like the look and layout of the program. I also enjoy that the email communication will link to my gmail account. It is very easy to edit.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can not add internal notes for the kitchen. There are details that I need to add on the event summaries that I do not need to client seeing. To have to go back and add/delete these items between my "chef BEO" and "event summary" is time consuming and tedious.

Clients get confused with seeing the Gather email address and a lot of them have a hard time with the links. As tech forward as society is now, people seem to still enjoy being sent pdfs vs. links. Also I have had the issue of running into firewalls with the Gather email communication. Some companies can't even receive the email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user friendly. You will have to train your client a bit on how to use the portal and watch out for your Gather emails being routed to SPAM or the client not recognizing that it is actually coming from you. Beyond that the layout is clear and the features are easy to use/update.

The reports are easy to pull and help with tracking sales goals, seeing trends and following up with leads. Gather is also very easy to edit when it comes to adding in notes, menus and templates.

Gather review by <span>Laura B.</span>
Laura B.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Tool for success!

What do you like best?

Gather is very easy to use, and so incredibly helpful! I also love how responsive and friendly their customer supports reps are. My clients really appreciate being able to see their information all in one place online, and it definitely make us look good!

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the features were more customizable to our specific needs. But I really appreciate that their customer support team understands that this is important to me, and are always asking for my feedback.

I also wish they had a support team taking calls and emails in my time zone (PST).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth trying out, especially if you don't currently use any event management software. I used to do everything on Google Docs, but now I'm totally hooked on Gather. It's saves me so much time and is so easy to use. My clients love it, too!

I used to spend HOURS doing paperwork, and now I spend MINUTES! It affords me a lot more time to spend acquiring new business, and to giving special attention to current clients.

Learning about Gather?

* We monitor all Gather reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.