Geckoboard

Geckoboard is a real-time dashboard that gives you instant access to your most important metrics.

Work for Geckoboard?

Learning about Geckoboard?

Geckoboard Reviews

Ask Geckoboard a Question
Showing 32 Geckoboard reviews
Geckoboard review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Beautiful Yet Informative"

What do you like best?

The dashbiards are extremely flexible and amazingly smooth-looking - easily the best I have seen on any reporting tool! The dashboards themselves can be extremely customized (in terms of their size, layout, etc) and provide access to all sorts of data from numerous integration platforms in the market

What do you dislike?

Not all integration platforms offer equal flexibility - with some tools offering a lot more comprehensive data than the others. Furthermore, it would also be very helpful if it was possible to report on any personalized data from the tools as opposed to simply the few options provided by the tool. Geckoboard also offers fairly limited set of integrations considering the near infinite number of tools out in the market. Finally, it is important to note that Geckoboard can only be used to display statistics from various tools - it does not offer any analytical, prediction or forecasting options thus, severely limiting the potential of the tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure Geckoboard supports the platforms that you would like to gather data from. Also, make sure the specific data fields that you would like to display from the platforms can actually be shown by Geckoboard because if Geckoboard doesn't natively support the data fields you'd like to display then it'll be very difficult to capture live data from those fields

We needed a single tool that can display data from a number of tools used by our organization and showcase them based on specific criteria (such as leads generated in last month, revenue generated by individual users and so on). We would've preferred to also do some in-depth analysis of the statistics but unfortunately Geckoboard does not provide that option. Nonetheless, Geckoboard became a one stop shop to display the overall company performance (plus individual sales performance) over given time periods

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Geckoboard
Geckoboard review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Keep your team up to speed"

What do you like best?

Good interface for sharing dashboards with the team. Tons of different integrations and options for collecting data; ties easily into a lot of tools that we're already using at work, like Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Heroku Dataclips.

We have TVs throughout the office with individual goals for different teams, and can quickly spin up new ones throughout the year.

They're pretty opinionated about what sort of graphs are effective; their approach is pretty good at keeping you from shooting yourself in the foot.

What do you dislike?

One of my favorite graphs for trending data is to show rolling averages; I really wish that they supported this out of the box since I have to build it myself in a ton of different formats.

Some of their older charts types (RAG type) especially are sorta hard to read. It is pretty much on you to figure out how to show projections and daily targets, I wish they'd provide a little support around those problems, which can be kind of tricky.

Tracking daily / weekly / quarterly metrics. Sharing progress on goals. Rallying team members behind a very visible goal.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Geckoboard review by Executive Sponsor in Retail
Executive Sponsor in Retail

"One stop shop for wallboard requirements"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, cost, integration availability, flexibility and feature set.

What do you dislike?

Some integrations missing. Some duplication without obvious explanation as to why both exist and which one you should be using (nothing that a bit of playing around can't solve).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the platform and you'll be surprised at it's capability

I'm using it as a Contact Centre Wallboard but I'm going beyond the norm by connecting the team more to the business outcomes such as total orders and revenue (shopify), web traffic and site conversion (google analytics) etc etc. We're then using some zap's with typeform and google sheets to pull out complaint information as it comes through the customer access points. I'm no techy but was able to achieve without any digital product support. Any investors coming in to see how we operate are constantly blown away by how we're using it and every single one to date has noted down the name....

Geckoboard review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Track whats going on across multiple departments in real time"

What do you like best?

I love all the real-time dashboards. It allows me to see what is going on across multiple departments at all times. We can see when users are submitting content to our site, monitor leaderboards, and track performance metrics. I have it up on my second monitor at all times to see what is going on that day.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could click on the dashboards and take a deeper dive into that specific metric. This functionality could exist but not currently in the way ours is set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure of the cost, as I was not the one to purchase it, but I can say that the product is very good for what we use it for. We have dashboards displayed all over our office and can access them on our personal computers as well. I personally have mine up at all times.

Performance tracking and real-time feedback on site metrics. A benefit I have realized is it is also easy to create new dashboards for internal campaigns and incentives (for example - our sales team is currently running a team competition and we have a leaderboard tracked on our geckoboard displayed on the sales floor).

Geckoboard review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Using it for years - thats gotta mean something."

What do you like best?

The customisable dashboard widgets and loads of integrations. Plus the charts and the way you create them is much improved recently so I can create some great graphs from things like Google Sheets, overlay several datasets and choose exactly how big I want that on my dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The cost isn't that awesome compared to others.

Also they seem to have been dropping some integrations like Xero which I really wanted to get all my businesses data on there using the tools that we have in place.

They also don't have Jira on the integrations which is annoying at the moment as we run a lot of work through there.

I wanted to see an overview of everything happening in the company across multiple cloud apps. A centralised view of the world as it were. We're not quite there unfortunately as they don't have all the integrations I need... no one does.

Geckoboard review by Julian M.
Julian M.

"Fantastic Application, We rely on it daily."

What do you like best?

The rich set of widgets that provide a plethora of view / display options with endless configurability.

Managers and team leaders can review performance at a glance and Geckoboard helps remove guess work/estimates from many decisions.

We have a 55” LCD display in the office that permanently displays a Geckoboard which provides our production and fulfillment staff with a view of the volume of work they have processed each day and a view of how much work remains in our back log. This enables them to prioritize, know their performance and understand what tasks are coming up.

We get a lot from the set of boards we have created to provide the various areas of our business with relevant and up to date information on how we are performing.

What do you dislike?

Very occasionally some of our widgets have issues refreshing or loading. It’s an very infrequent issue that is easily resolved with a page refresh. This small inconvenience is the only thing I could even consider complaining about (and I have a feeling that this one gripe is actually an issue in our network).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time learning Geckboard’s rich feature set then spend more time designing your boards to meet you or your businesses needs. Done well this application excels at providing an on-the-pulse view of your activities.

Takes the much of the guess work out of decision making us more accurate and efficient.

Allows our staff to have a current view of the health of the business at any given moment.

Motivates staff by providing a view of how we are doing and what we need to prepare for next.

Geckoboard review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"Geckoboard is a great solution to display data to co-workers/clients!"

What do you like best?

This product is a fantastic solution for taking complex data and displaying it in an easy to read fashion. I use this product in the real estate industry. The dashboards I've built-out allow me to share information that I track with my agents so they always know the most important stats and figures as a company. I also track their sales and it helps as a non-verbal accountability tool.

I also use this product to externally market our team with working with public clients. Pulling up our numbers in our dashboards is an impressive way to not only help sell our services, but stand out amongst our competition as a modern and business savy real estate team.

What do you dislike?

There was a bit of a learning curve in that I had to create new spreadsheets for my data to use this product correctly. Essentially, if you have a spreadsheet that you work out of and have moving cells/formulas, Geckoboard will not follow the cells you have linked. So the workaround is to create additional sheets of information, linked to the sheets you normally work out of, then connect Geckoboard to the newly created sheet with the cells that stay locked in.

I think a nice addition to this product would be making custom widgets easier to obtain. I watched a webinar about creating custom widgets and you had to know how to code in order to use them. As this products grows and develops, it would be great to see more of a plug and play system to get the result of what are now custom widgets than you have to code from scratch.

My problem was that I had a mass amount of information in spreadsheets that I knew my agents weren't looking at but would have value to them. This product helped me to solve that issue as I now have an 80" TV in our office that rotates our dashboards throughout the day.

An additional benefit is that we figured out a way to track numbers that would be beneficial to potential home sellers. We can instantly show them how quickly we sell homes and, on average, how many showings they can expect before an offer normally comes through.

Geckoboard review by Kori F.
Kori F.

"Geckoboard. Customizable and fun."

What do you like best?

It's completely configurable. Need something specific to your use case? Just use custom components! The API is super simple, pull or push. We were able to quickly produce an API wrapper which we use to push all kinds of data to our various boards, and it's simple enough that the display is understood by almost all employees here at the company. We love having it displayed during meetings, and it's one of the most commented aspects of the meetings that we get feedback about.

What do you dislike?

I wish the grid system was not so fixed. It's a bit hard to fit everything on this large screen TV on the wall. Fluid grid system please!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using custom components, it really makes the system work well!

I'm monitoring multiple systems in a verity of environments. Geckoboard helps me get that done at a glance, so I know what needs my attention as fast as possible. We don't have a specific operations team of employees (small company), so we needed something that would help the few of us here to do the same job.

Geckoboard review by Ben L.
Ben L.

"Perfect dashboard for the office"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up

Dashboard is beautiful

Tons of integrations with every service possible

What do you dislike?

Design of dashboard is not very customizable

I wish there was more I could change for the design and how it looks when we put up the dashboard in our office

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy a monitor for your office to show the dashboard

transparency in our office

easy to view and access analytics for the office.

Geckoboard review by Thomas W.
Thomas W.

"Simple Gamechanger for Business"

What do you like best?

It's so simple. I don't know why it's such a great product, because it really is so simple. It lacks a lot of customization but that's okay - it excels at giving you KPIs in a way that helps give everyone in the office headlines of where we're at and whether or not we're reaching our goals. The app for mobile is sweet, too.

What do you dislike?

It's not that customizeable. In order to make big changes you need to hire a developer, and support won't build anything for you (understandably).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Geckoboard rules- if you're wanting a complex report, Geckoboard is not your product, but if you're wanting KPIs and readily available "headlines", you have no idea how helpful this product will be.

We're giving our entire team headlines for the KPIs of our department. Having all of these readily accessible on a monitor in our office helps us all know whether or not we're winning.

Geckoboard review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Metric Overload"

What do you like best?

Geckoboard is really powerful, and has a ton of really useful integrations al ready built in. It also makes it really easy to create you own integrations. The graphs and designs they have created are perfect for what we need, and make conveying the goals and metrics really easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to easily color differentiate metrics, you can custom style all of them per dashboard, but you can't just have one be highlighted orange and the rest not. You also cannot easily brand the dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its so easy to create and measure metrics the we now have dashboards with 18 different graphs on them, and 4 screens of dashboards we see everyday. We have too many metrics I don't know what I am looking at anymore. We either have a wall of green metrics(yay) or a wall of red metrics(boo) but I don't really know what the individual metrics are.

So my recommendation is to be very careful with how you show the dashboards to your teams because if you have too many it becomes useless.

We use geckoboard to track and prominently display how we are progressing for our goals in our office. It makes it easy to track the goals that we care about and actually makes it clear to everyone when there is one we need to pick up our pace on.

Geckoboard review by User in Internet

"Great way to Visualize Company Goals"

What do you like best?

The way you can show trend data on a gecko board is extremely helpful when you need to see how teams are doing based on the previous month. Love to be able to create endless boards and easily switch them out depending on our screens.

What do you dislike?

A good amount of the widgets need technical support if you want to pull data in from Salesforce, Heroku, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide what metrics you really want to share and make sure Geckoboard can accurately showcase them.

Sharing individual department's goals with the entire company. Wins and Losses.

"Practical and Pretty"

What do you like best?

The user interface is wonderful and the color scheme is very pleasant. All of the graphs are easily legible and updated with accurate, live data. From a non-administrator perspective it gives me all the information I need to know where I and other teams stand in relation to meeting goals.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have many negative experiences with Geckoboard. I think sometimes it displays weird, or misleading data. That may be on the part of administrators, but it may also be an ease of use thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems simple and straightforward. If you're looking for a simple tool to provide live updates on company information, KPIs and goals, I would recommend Geckoboard.

Keeping up to date with goals

Monitoring progress for both myself and the team

Receiving more digestible datasets relevant to my team.

Geckoboard review by Jordan E.
Jordan E.

"Great tool for improving transparency and motivation."

What do you like best?

Lots of integrations with key business tools. They seem to consistently be innovating and adding functionality/integrations. Interface is pretty intuitive. We use the Custom Salesforce widget extensively, which allows us to write a custom query to pull very specific sets of data.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easier way to customize the dashboard without uploading a CSS file. It would also be nice to be able to indicate data type when creating a widget (currency, percentage, etc). A drag & drop theme editor would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out their integration list to make sure they have integrations with the tools most important to your goal for this type of software. Also, know that they have robust integrations with tools like Salesforce, but they may require some slightly technical knowledge to get what you want.

Transparency is important to our leadership team, so providing real-time visibility to key metrics is crucial. Everyone can see where we are in relation to our quarterly sales goal, marketing goals, bonus achievements, etc. It's a great way to align focus across all departments, and everyone watches the Geckoboard when we're nearing our company goals.

Geckoboard review by User in Internet

"Extremely flexible and clean mobile friendly dashboards"

What do you like best?

The most useful feature we use currently is connecting to google sheets. We also use Basecamp. For our clients we've connected to social media information as well like Google analytics, Facebook, Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor. Having mobile access is icing on the cake. Our owners use executive dashboards for our KPIs they value seeing and we've taken those quick access features and reporting tools our client's and they love it.

What do you dislike?

Some of the customizable widgets are less intuitive, but the support portals are helpful to learn more customizable features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Geckoboard is extremely flexible. Setting up some of the predesigned widgets is really simple, like the Facebook connection for social network reach/ profiles. The possibilities are much greater with data pulled in from google sheets and other connections, but will take more effort and understanding and company controls around who updates the data and when.

We started using Geckoboard after our owners were getting pulled in so many directions and have so many sources of data to potentially look at. We found it extremely helpful to filter information from a variety of sources for our owners, then project managers, sales team and marketing team. Every department has different KPI's that help them do their jobs better.

Geckoboard review by Gillian W.
Gillian W.

"Powerful, but not beautiful"

What do you like best?

Geckoboard allows us to build at-a-glance dashboards and track our most important metrics in a visual way.

What do you dislike?

Maybe this is just me, but I'd appreciate more options for customizing the look and feel of each Geckoboard, so that we can quickly differentiate between them.

GeckoBoard has allowed us to increase visibility of our KPIs and track whether or not we're hitting our metrics. It also looks cool when it's up on a monitor in the office.

Geckoboard review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Works great -- provides a comprehensive view of several metrics at once"

What do you like best?

Variety of connections available -- can view just about anything in any way. You can also design and move things around to suit your business needs.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally metrics time out for one reason or another, and the free version of the platform is fairly limited.

We're able to see a snapshot of our business in the office -- everyone can view how we're doing at any time. It's super helpful.

Geckoboard review by Marco S.
Marco S.

"Kickass dashboard for kickass team !"

What do you like best?

A lot of plugin, and if it's not there, you can manage your data in a Google spreadsheet or push via their simple API.

What do you dislike?

Not that I dislike, but having more visual customization(color, layout of the graph, size) could be cool in the future.

As a CTO, I keep an eye on my operational metric and the activity on my website, with Geckoboard.

Geckoboard review by Scott C.
Scott C.

"Great product but could use some more customization options"

What do you like best?

I love this product very inexpensive and great way to display your company metrics

What do you dislike?

This product could use some customization in the various chart and graph selections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product easy to use its a no brainer for metrics display system

We are using geckoboard to display our company wide metrics as they continuously pull from excel

Geckoboard review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Smart and Beautiful"

What do you like best?

Dashboards are relatively simple to set up and customize. Customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Custom styling would be easier for more people if it weren't css driven. I'm no coder, but was able to create a custom style sheet from an example Geckoboard provided. There were a couple lines of code that weren't working (because I'm no web genius), but their customer support team sent me a couple lines of code that worked perfectly.

Identifying success of our site, and specific sections of our site using numbers instead of feelings. We've seen traffic increase and pages go further by watching real time data and adjusting tactics as needed.

Geckoboard review by Erik B.
Erik B.

"Super"

What do you like best?

A very intuitive tool and easy to use and integrate with different data sources

What do you dislike?

Pricing. A little bit expensive. You should reconsider the pricing packages.

Allow to centralise data from different area of our company, Ex: Customer support, Financial. Tracking quarterly metrics. Sharing progress on goals

Geckoboard review by User

"A great way to run stats boards across every department in your company"

What do you like best?

The built-in widgets for core products companies already use. The API for custom widgets is great and easy to use. Having a dedicated customer success person to call on with the "Company" plan has been excellent.

What do you dislike?

More default skins to theme different boards would be helpful. We never got around to making Custom versions.

Getting lots of data from different sources and making it easy to digest so each team can monitor performance, critical events, etc.

Geckoboard review by User

"Great Design"

What do you like best?

Easy to read as it has amazing dashboard views, that one can also share with stakeholders and extend and shrink as needed.

What do you dislike?

Integrating is not as user-friendly as one would like, it does take slow to load and refresh, and there are a couple of times when parts of the dashboard views are a bit buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for lite data inputs.

Visibility into mission-critical data in an easy to consume format.

Geckoboard review by User in Financial Services

"Geckoboard Review"

What do you like best?

The simple and easy to understand representation of multiple data metrics

What do you dislike?

Some of the features have restrictions on formatting .

We are able to present our company's data to clients in an understandable way. We have benefited from viewing and tracking our own metrics efficiently.

Geckoboard review by User in Internet

"One of my favorite tools"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create dashboards with unique statistics. I enjoy the live updates into our companies metrics. It gives us a good insight into goals and performance.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it doesn't update immediately, so metrics might not be live or in real-time, but its usually close enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It might be easier to create a series of different dashboards instead of squeezing everything into one dashboard. Otherwise, it can get crowded and cluttered.

We are tracking our goals and metrics.

Geckoboard review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Needs more flexibility"

What do you like best?

Visualization tools tied to our Salesforce data.

What do you dislike?

Visualization capabilities are limited to how the data is output from Salesforce - very rudimentary and not intuitive unless someone walks you through specifically what you are looking at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you can leverage other data/tools that can be better visualized within Geckoboard. SFDC is notoriously behind on creating better reporting tools (trending, snapshots in time, stages, etc.)

Tracking goals, metrics, data to maintain progress and trends toward goals.

"Good looking displays"

What do you like best?

Love how good the displayed data looks. Once you get the hang of it there is very useful to work with an the boss is usually impressed with the data display

What do you dislike?

Until you get the hang of it it can be quite complicated and time consuming. Certainly glad that I passed along that responsibility to someone else

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider this solution

Showing the data that we use

Geckoboard review by Martin B.
Martin B.

"Easiest way to launch a team dashboard"

What do you like best?

Geckoboard offers a lot of integrations. They are easy to setup and most of the pre-built widgets make sense. We use it to run a team dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The widgets are pretty static. From time to time you want to change a widget which is not possible.

It helps us to run a team dashboard visualizing how we're doing in development and sales.

Geckoboard review by User in Internet

"Quick overview of analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to change boards to view any analytics you want. The graphics are visually appealing, making the geckoboard's dashboards cool to view. On top of the interface appeal, it is also extremely easy to read. Additionally, the mobile app is straight forward and provides a great quick view of analytics on the go.

What do you dislike?

I'm frequently logged out of geckoboard on both my mobile and desktop versions.

Quick and simple views of progress on business goals.

Geckoboard review by Todd W.
Todd W.

"Love Geckoboard!"

What do you like best?

KPI's easy to setup, change. Visualizations are great particularly Google real time map and meter.

What do you dislike?

Would love native stripe integration and a few others like Hubspot.

Being able to visualize success and iterate.

"KPI Awareness"

What do you like best?

The ease of creating different dashboards and widgets to have on those dashboards.

What do you dislike?

Seems like a limited color pallet and widget type. We have a little fatigue on dashboards as there is not much variance so it's hard to emphasize certain widgets for importance.

KPI tracking and measurement for broad team awareness.

Geckoboard review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Nice but expensive. Not for everyone..."

What do you like best?

Overall view of all your KPIs. I didn't change them in a while. I'm sure they have improved the widgets.

What do you dislike?

Quite expensive. Maybe it's worth for quite big companies and not for everyone.

Some of my KPIs all in a dashboard and that is nice.

Learning about Geckoboard?

* We monitor all Geckoboard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.