Geckoboard

Geckoboard is a real-time dashboard that gives you instant access to your most important metrics.

Work for Geckoboard?
Slemma  data visualization   2x

Learning about Geckoboard?

Geckoboard Reviews

Ask Geckoboard a Question
Showing 23 Geckoboard reviews
Geckoboard review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

Keep your team up to speed

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Good interface for sharing dashboards with the team. Tons of different integrations and options for collecting data; ties easily into a lot of tools that we're already using at work, like Salesforce, Google Analytics, and Heroku Dataclips.

We have TVs throughout the office with individual goals for different teams, and can quickly spin up new ones throughout the year.

They're pretty opinionated about what sort of graphs are effective; their approach is pretty good at keeping you from shooting yourself in the foot.

What do you dislike?

One of my favorite graphs for trending data is to show rolling averages; I really wish that they supported this out of the box since I have to build it myself in a ton of different formats.

Some of their older charts types (RAG type) especially are sorta hard to read. It is pretty much on you to figure out how to show projections and daily targets, I wish they'd provide a little support around those problems, which can be kind of tricky.

Tracking daily / weekly / quarterly metrics. Sharing progress on goals. Rallying team members behind a very visible goal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Geckoboard
Geckoboard review by User in Internet
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love all the real-time dashboards. It allows me to see what is going on across multiple departments at all times. We can see when users are submitting content to our site, monitor leaderboards, and track performance metrics. I have it up on my second monitor at all times to see what is going on that day.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could click on the dashboards and take a deeper dive into that specific metric. This functionality could exist but not currently in the way ours is set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not sure of the cost, as I was not the one to purchase it, but I can say that the product is very good for what we use it for. We have dashboards displayed all over our office and can access them on our personal computers as well. I personally have mine up at all times.

Performance tracking and real-time feedback on site metrics. A benefit I have realized is it is also easy to create new dashboards for internal campaigns and incentives (for example - our sales team is currently running a team competition and we have a leaderboard tracked on our geckoboard displayed on the sales floor).

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Data Visualization solution do you use?

Geckoboard review by User in Information Technology and Services
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The customisable dashboard widgets and loads of integrations. Plus the charts and the way you create them is much improved recently so I can create some great graphs from things like Google Sheets, overlay several datasets and choose exactly how big I want that on my dashboard.

What do you dislike?

The cost isn't that awesome compared to others.

Also they seem to have been dropping some integrations like Xero which I really wanted to get all my businesses data on there using the tools that we have in place.

They also don't have Jira on the integrations which is annoying at the moment as we run a lot of work through there.

I wanted to see an overview of everything happening in the company across multiple cloud apps. A centralised view of the world as it were. We're not quite there unfortunately as they don't have all the integrations I need... no one does.

Geckoboard review by <span>Julian M.</span>
Julian M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The rich set of widgets that provide a plethora of view / display options with endless configurability.

Managers and team leaders can review performance at a glance and Geckoboard helps remove guess work/estimates from many decisions.

We have a 55” LCD display in the office that permanently displays a Geckoboard which provides our production and fulfillment staff with a view of the volume of work they have processed each day and a view of how much work remains in our back log. This enables them to prioritize, know their performance and understand what tasks are coming up.

We get a lot from the set of boards we have created to provide the various areas of our business with relevant and up to date information on how we are performing.

What do you dislike?

Very occasionally some of our widgets have issues refreshing or loading. It’s an very infrequent issue that is easily resolved with a page refresh. This small inconvenience is the only thing I could even consider complaining about (and I have a feeling that this one gripe is actually an issue in our network).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time learning Geckboard’s rich feature set then spend more time designing your boards to meet you or your businesses needs. Done well this application excels at providing an on-the-pulse view of your activities.

Takes the much of the guess work out of decision making us more accurate and efficient.

Allows our staff to have a current view of the health of the business at any given moment.

Motivates staff by providing a view of how we are doing and what we need to prepare for next.

Geckoboard review by <span>Kevin M.</span>
Kevin M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This product is a fantastic solution for taking complex data and displaying it in an easy to read fashion. I use this product in the real estate industry. The dashboards I've built-out allow me to share information that I track with my agents so they always know the most important stats and figures as a company. I also track their sales and it helps as a non-verbal accountability tool.

I also use this product to externally market our team with working with public clients. Pulling up our numbers in our dashboards is an impressive way to not only help sell our services, but stand out amongst our competition as a modern and business savy real estate team.

What do you dislike?

There was a bit of a learning curve in that I had to create new spreadsheets for my data to use this product correctly. Essentially, if you have a spreadsheet that you work out of and have moving cells/formulas, Geckoboard will not follow the cells you have linked. So the workaround is to create additional sheets of information, linked to the sheets you normally work out of, then connect Geckoboard to the newly created sheet with the cells that stay locked in.

I think a nice addition to this product would be making custom widgets easier to obtain. I watched a webinar about creating custom widgets and you had to know how to code in order to use them. As this products grows and develops, it would be great to see more of a plug and play system to get the result of what are now custom widgets than you have to code from scratch.

My problem was that I had a mass amount of information in spreadsheets that I knew my agents weren't looking at but would have value to them. This product helped me to solve that issue as I now have an 80" TV in our office that rotates our dashboards throughout the day.

An additional benefit is that we figured out a way to track numbers that would be beneficial to potential home sellers. We can instantly show them how quickly we sell homes and, on average, how many showings they can expect before an offer normally comes through.

Geckoboard review by <span>Kori F.</span>
Kori F.
Validated Review

Geckoboard. Customizable and fun.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's completely configurable. Need something specific to your use case? Just use custom components! The API is super simple, pull or push. We were able to quickly produce an API wrapper which we use to push all kinds of data to our various boards, and it's simple enough that the display is understood by almost all employees here at the company. We love having it displayed during meetings, and it's one of the most commented aspects of the meetings that we get feedback about.

What do you dislike?

I wish the grid system was not so fixed. It's a bit hard to fit everything on this large screen TV on the wall. Fluid grid system please!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using custom components, it really makes the system work well!

I'm monitoring multiple systems in a verity of environments. Geckoboard helps me get that done at a glance, so I know what needs my attention as fast as possible. We don't have a specific operations team of employees (small company), so we needed something that would help the few of us here to do the same job.

Learning about Geckoboard?

* We monitor all Geckoboard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.