Geekbot

3.9

Geekbot runs asynchronous standup meetings in Slack. It enables users to experience non intrusive meetings that bring transparency to their team and stay focused.

Work for Geekbot?

Learning about Geekbot?

Geekbot Reviews

Showing 12 Geekbot reviews
Geekbot review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Simple yet useful productivity bot"

What do you like best?

Geekbot is a very straightforward and useful tool that allows team members to better communicate their updates in a transparent channel via slack. What is sometimes lost in stand-ups (especially for smaller teams) is someone to write everything down that was part of the updates. Having this bot removes that need and puts the onus on every team member. You can do a stand-up and have everyone give their update after the fact, or you can just do the stand-up in slack only. But either way, it helps every team member be accountable and keep track of their updates, and avoids the time-suck of one person having to be a notetaker.

What do you dislike?

One dislike is the constant reminders from the geekbot to send in your stand-up update (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and can be configured). Only other dislike (and this is more of a problem with people/process) is that some team members may not thoroughly read other team member's updates in a slack channel - which could cause some communication gaps. That's why we like to do both the in person stand-up and use geekbot in addition to that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as a complement to your in-person daily stand-ups. It's a great tool for retrospectives as well.

We are solving a communication problem where we can put our stand-up notes into a completely transparent channel. This helps embolden accountability, collaboration, and communication. This has been very helpful in limiting the burden of one person being responsible for total team accountability and has made every team member feel more involved.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Geekbot
Geekbot review by Monique W.
Monique W.

"My review"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use overall. Makes it quicker to be able to do things and work faster at work. Before geekbot I wasn't able to really get a lot of things done as far as what it actually helps with, now because of how easy it all it is, i'm able to get a lot of work done more so than in other days.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I haven't yet been able to learn everything there us to know about it. Don;t have much training and the help portion of the bot isn't very helpful. There also isn't really a lot i know about the program yet. Mainly because im not an admin so I can only use certain parts of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend maybe looking around a little bit more to see what other bots are out there. Do your research before picking this one.

Being able to solve problems without leaving your desk or bothering other coworkers. You can always put a dollar amount on your time and what geekbot has done is make our time more valuable.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Geekbot review by Mollie M.
Mollie M.

"Geekbot allows for quick standups in large and small companies using Slack"

What do you like best?

I like the customizable nature of this bot, and that it uses casual, fun language. We changed it from asking like four questions every day (of every employee) to just one question: "What would you like the team to know today?" That seemed to work well.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the reminders to post a status- they are a little annoying and I can't figure out a way to stop them. Also, sometimes I would try to skip the update for the day, and it would actually have my update say "Skip" because I didn't use the correct language to skip it. It requires very specific commands to work properly, which you have to get used to using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you really ask your employees what would be helpful to them before implementing a set of questions. We started with four questions for a daily standup on Slack: What are you doing today? What do you need today? What would you like your coworkers to know today? What did you accomplish yesterday?

It was too much.

They needed to simplify- ONE question- "What would you like your coworkers to know today?" and it could be anything. This worked much better.

We have a company-wide channel on Slack, and people would post updates on there, as well as to individuals who would need to know what they were posting. It was everything from "I need someone to help me at a presentation" to "I'm not feeling well today, going to stay home". We needed a place where people could say what they wanted to say, to everyone, in once place.

Geekbot review by Kyra D.
Kyra D.

"Geekbot helps us stay on top of what is going on with our developers."

What do you like best?

Super easy set up, and our teams loves it. It makes staying on top of development, and blockers super simple.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we have found about Geekbot to dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GeekBot was recommended to us by one of our head developers. He had me set up the account and integrate it with slack. I am not a developers, but found it really easy to set up and integrate. I love getting updated from my team everyday without having to ask any questions! It saves a ton of time.

We wanted to stop asking the questions: what are you doing today? what will you be working on tomorrow? and do you have any blockers? With GeekBot we have a daily stand up in place that takes care of asking these questions for us on a daily basis. Answering the questions right in slack is quick and easy.

Geekbot review by Jacob A.
Jacob A.

"Sprint bot that does its job with some flaws"

What do you like best?

It promptly messages me for the daily sprint update at the specified time. Allows to set the what questions to ask. Customer support on their website is pretty responsive.

What do you dislike?

The application sometimes lags a lot and delays by minutes. There is no quick support from the chat interface via slack. You have to go to their site, but chat is responsive. It does not provide a helpful UX on how to re-edit messages. It does not seem to support sending GIFs either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good idea to set notification alerts so you won't be constantly annoyed by it asking for an update.

Way to share daily sprint with the team. We are able to track the daily update for each teammate through our team channel where geekbot posts the updates.

Geekbot review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Geekbot is great!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to set-up, very easy to use. Great way to keep the team in the loop.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little confusing in places -- but it has gotten much better over the past several months.

Team communication and culture.

G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Standup meetings anytime you want"

What do you like best?

Slackbot is incredibly helpful keeping the team organized, making standups for weekly reporting and check-ins very easy to manage. Being asynchronous also means that it will not disrupt your focus so you can finish your tasks before.

What do you dislike?

I can't think on any big cons for this product. A nice to have would be more options related to the stand up.

Big teams, small teams, shared teams.

Geekbot review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Good for reporting but not much else"

What do you like best?

Easy updates for the rest of the team but not much else.

What do you dislike?

Don't see long-term value for employees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think you need a very strong workflow in place and determine why you need Geekbot before purchasing it. Does it really save time or is it make work?

Reporting to managers.

"I like Geekbot"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to set up and use. Managing questions and automated follow up for internal discussions is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to get reminders dismissed. I also wish there were more pre set questions I could select before sending updates to the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful to gather imformation.

We use it for internal communication to prep our weekly meetings. Geekbot presents us with questions that we answer and discuss in our meeting. We also use it for our individual meetings which has made them much more productive.

Geekbot review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Is mostly unintrusive"

What do you like best?

I like that there's a written record of what we've accomplished, and that it doesn't require a physical meeting to get a basic update on what the team is doing.

What do you dislike?

The notifications can't be delayed or edited easily for vacation days.

We've benefitted from the written stand-up meetingsā€”it's accountability without intrusion.

Geekbot review by G2 Crowd User in Computer Software
G2 Crowd User in Computer Software

"Easy way to collect progress from team... if they use it"

What do you like best?

Geekbot gave us an easy system for submitting weekly updates on what each person of the team was working on. There were numerous reminders sent through Slack, which was helpful

What do you dislike?

Our team didn't use it. It felt elementary and somewhat tedious. They preferred to give verbal updates in weekly staff meetings.

It provided a system for updates from the team. When utilized, the managers had an easy way to review project progress.

"Super helpful"

What do you like best?

Geekbot reminders help me to get my thoughts out at weeks end so Monday update meetings are super quick to prep for.

What do you dislike?

Can get annoying really quick if you use it for too many things!

Helps me to get things out of my brain and written out

Learning about Geekbot?

* We monitor all Geekbot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.