Geekbot

Geekbot runs asynchronous standup meetings in Slack. It enables users to experience non intrusive meetings that bring transparency to their team and stay focused.

Work for Geekbot?

Learning about Geekbot?

Geekbot Reviews

Showing 12 Geekbot reviews
Geekbot review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

Simple yet useful productivity bot

What do you like best?

Geekbot is a very straightforward and useful tool that allows team members to better communicate their updates in a transparent channel via slack. What is sometimes lost in stand-ups (especially for smaller teams) is someone to write everything down that was part of the updates. Having this bot removes that need and puts the onus on every team member. You can do a stand-up and have everyone give their update after the fact, or you can just do the stand-up in slack only. But either way, it helps every team member be accountable and keep track of their updates, and avoids the time-suck of one person having to be a notetaker.

What do you dislike?

One dislike is the constant reminders from the geekbot to send in your stand-up update (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and can be configured). Only other dislike (and this is more of a problem with people/process) is that some team members may not thoroughly read other team member's updates in a slack channel - which could cause some communication gaps. That's why we like to do both the in person stand-up and use geekbot in addition to that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this as a complement to your in-person daily stand-ups. It's a great tool for retrospectives as well.

We are solving a communication problem where we can put our stand-up notes into a completely transparent channel. This helps embolden accountability, collaboration, and communication. This has been very helpful in limiting the burden of one person being responsible for total team accountability and has made every team member feel more involved.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Geekbot
Geekbot review by <span>Monique W.</span>
Monique W.

My review

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use overall. Makes it quicker to be able to do things and work faster at work. Before geekbot I wasn't able to really get a lot of things done as far as what it actually helps with, now because of how easy it all it is, i'm able to get a lot of work done more so than in other days.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I haven't yet been able to learn everything there us to know about it. Don;t have much training and the help portion of the bot isn't very helpful. There also isn't really a lot i know about the program yet. Mainly because im not an admin so I can only use certain parts of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend maybe looking around a little bit more to see what other bots are out there. Do your research before picking this one.

Being able to solve problems without leaving your desk or bothering other coworkers. You can always put a dollar amount on your time and what geekbot has done is make our time more valuable.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Geekbot review by <span>Mollie M.</span>
Mollie M.

Geekbot allows for quick standups in large and small companies using Slack

What do you like best?

I like the customizable nature of this bot, and that it uses casual, fun language. We changed it from asking like four questions every day (of every employee) to just one question: "What would you like the team to know today?" That seemed to work well.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the reminders to post a status- they are a little annoying and I can't figure out a way to stop them. Also, sometimes I would try to skip the update for the day, and it would actually have my update say "Skip" because I didn't use the correct language to skip it. It requires very specific commands to work properly, which you have to get used to using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you really ask your employees what would be helpful to them before implementing a set of questions. We started with four questions for a daily standup on Slack: What are you doing today? What do you need today? What would you like your coworkers to know today? What did you accomplish yesterday?

It was too much.

They needed to simplify- ONE question- "What would you like your coworkers to know today?" and it could be anything. This worked much better.

We have a company-wide channel on Slack, and people would post updates on there, as well as to individuals who would need to know what they were posting. It was everything from "I need someone to help me at a presentation" to "I'm not feeling well today, going to stay home". We needed a place where people could say what they wanted to say, to everyone, in once place.

Geekbot review by <span>Kyra D.</span>
Kyra D.

Geekbot helps us stay on top of what is going on with our developers.

What do you like best?

Super easy set up, and our teams loves it. It makes staying on top of development, and blockers super simple.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we have found about Geekbot to dislike so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GeekBot was recommended to us by one of our head developers. He had me set up the account and integrate it with slack. I am not a developers, but found it really easy to set up and integrate. I love getting updated from my team everyday without having to ask any questions! It saves a ton of time.

We wanted to stop asking the questions: what are you doing today? what will you be working on tomorrow? and do you have any blockers? With GeekBot we have a daily stand up in place that takes care of asking these questions for us on a daily basis. Answering the questions right in slack is quick and easy.

Geekbot review by <span>Jacob A.</span>
Jacob A.

Sprint bot that does its job with some flaws

What do you like best?

It promptly messages me for the daily sprint update at the specified time. Allows to set the what questions to ask. Customer support on their website is pretty responsive.

What do you dislike?

The application sometimes lags a lot and delays by minutes. There is no quick support from the chat interface via slack. You have to go to their site, but chat is responsive. It does not provide a helpful UX on how to re-edit messages. It does not seem to support sending GIFs either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a good idea to set notification alerts so you won't be constantly annoyed by it asking for an update.

Way to share daily sprint with the team. We are able to track the daily update for each teammate through our team channel where geekbot posts the updates.

Geekbot review by <span>Eric B.</span>
Eric B.

Geekbot is great!

What do you like best?

Very easy to set-up, very easy to use. Great way to keep the team in the loop.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little confusing in places -- but it has gotten much better over the past several months.

Team communication and culture.

Learning about Geekbot?

* We monitor all Geekbot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.