Genius Project

Genius Project - SaaS, hosted and Lotus Notes based project management and project portfolio management software

Work for Genius Project?

Learning about Genius Project?

Genius Project Reviews

Ask Genius Project a Question
Showing 5 Genius Project reviews
Genius Project review by User in Computer Software

"For the most part, Genius Project gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like the way Genius allows visibility into multiple projects. We use the software to manage several projects at once so viewing the portfolio is very beneficial.

What do you dislike?

I find the steps to make a minimal change is cumbersome. I also find it's difficult to manage as an admin, meaning there are multiple setup steps and if you don't perform those steps very often it is a challenge to quickly recall the proper process.

We are able to manage projects across multiple resource groups within our company. We use the tool to assign resources and manage availability. This software allows us to manage at a very granular level.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Genius Project
Genius Project review by <span>Ari F.</span>
Ari F.

"A Comprehensive Platform"

What do you like best?

Genius Project lets me do everything my boss requires of me. I'm able to log timesheets, do my expenses, and submit cost tracking right from one platform.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to get lost in how many features they have. At times, it can feel slightly bloated for my role.

I"m tracking my time, submitting documents up the chain of command, and tracking progress across the organization.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Genius Project review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

"Genius Project Review"

What do you like best?

Instant, live information, good interface

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are glitches that need fixing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy. Try to use the system as it is built, don't customise the system to meet all the nuances of your company.

We use Genius Project to manage the costs of our projects and track progress against budgets. Live, up to date information allows project managers to make informed decision at the time, rather than having to wait for daily or weekly reports to tell them where they're at.

Genius Project review by <span>Shawn G.</span>
Shawn G.

"Presagia Genius Project Review"

What do you like best?

the reporting budgeting and planning capabilities

What do you dislike?

that I can only have one plan open at a time

forecasting, resource planning and that ability to see project timelines

Genius Project review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Slightly better MS Project"

What do you like best?

It was a fairly average product, so nothing really stuck out.

What do you dislike?

Inflexible program that was designed for certain types of projects, but not others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that this matches with the way that you do project management.

We actually couldn't get our staff on board with using it, because it didn't meet their needs.

Learning about Genius Project?

* We monitor all Genius Project reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.