Gerrit

Gerrit provides web based code review and repository management for the Git version control system.

Work for Gerrit?

Learning about Gerrit?

Gerrit Reviews

Showing 18 Gerrit reviews
Gerrit review by <span>ANKIT A.</span>
ANKIT A.

Gerrit in action

What do you like best?

the user interface of gerrit is best i feel the way it shows the added reviewers is great and simple to understand for new users , it also provides ways to cherry pick or to perform any other action on the commit using git commands on the particular commit using the commit id of that code commit.

it also shows direct links for cheery pick that particular commit

What do you dislike?

there is nothing much to dislike about but one thing that i think is that it makes one code commit dependent on another if two commits done consecutively

Recommendations to others considering the product

It a great tool to use when doing core review at peer level and sharing the code versions and it provides the plain and simple user interface to new users to understand the system.

i was using gerrit for code sharing with different versions and for peer to peer code -review to promote the good coding standards and code familiarity within the team

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Gerrit
Gerrit review by <span>Aakash G.</span>
Aakash G.

Best to improve the program

What do you like best?

It really cool to know that you can make your contribution to the team without needed to be around or together with your colleagues. Even when I was home or on vacation I was able correct and give my inputs in the program we were working on!

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike ,with all the efforts we take to code a program it helps a lot by enabling you to code being away from office

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should give it a try rather than sending pics to colleagues to how to edit the codes,you can do it yourself! How cool is that ,no tension of error again.

Problems is what we coders have by not being able to contact to colleagues while away or on vacation, GERRIT helped as I could edit the codes without even talking to my colleagues and it was a good experience. I was able to give my inputs on the program!

What Peer Code Review solution do you use?

Gerrit review by <span>Ayush M.</span>
Ayush M.

Best for managing code reviews and repository

What do you like best?

The best part of the Gerrit is the UI interface. They have the ability to attract the user. In my opinion, developers use to love Git. This is the one of the best part in the developer life. Gerrit also has the Git integration and it is free as well. You can also implement the automation process through Jenkins. Gerrit has the ablity to intregrate Jenkins. And if we are talking about the code re base features, this is very good which I like the most in Gerrit.

What do you dislike?

Most of the times, I am facing issue in my BSNL Penta tablet. The UI is not working properly. It is too slow. When I was new in Gerrit, this is little bit tough to understand the process of the gerrit, I am very familiar with Git, So I just read the documentation which they provided. And believe me it is too long. I would recommend if you are new in Gerrit, please watch some you tube videos first to understand the process and how it is works. I believe that, no one has interested to read the documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to understand as compare to the other platforms. You don't need to take any tension regarding code reviews, versioning, build, automation etc. Gerrit can take care for you.

Money is one of the best major problem in the small organization. In past, we are using GitHub, the plan of Github was $450 something for $200 repo, After that, we switched to the Gerrit, Gerrit is free tool and also better than the GitHub. In GitHub, PRs do not force you to think about atomic/related changes as one commit. But In the Gerrit, they have its own restrictions one commit per review, do force developers to think about this much more consciously. Because we are using GitHub, we also faced some re base problem, After implementing the gerrit, we don't face any issue. This is the benefits which I realized. They also have the version control.

Gerrit review by <span>Junxiao S.</span>
Junxiao S.

Great code review platform

What do you like best?

I can do code review with just my keyboard.

It also connects well with Redmine and Jenkins, and has an HTTP API.

What do you dislike?

UI does not work on touchscreen device especially Android tablets.

New developers are often confused with the process because built-in docs are too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Gerrit offers better code review process based on “rebase”, where developers ensure the code merges correctly. This is better than GitHub where the repository owner must resolve conflicts.

Gerrit ensures all code merged into Named Data Networking platform is of high quality.

Gerrit review by User in Computer Software

Useful tool for review and continuous integration

What do you like best?

Its easy to integrate with git. Keep track of your changes like - Reviews Done, Comments, Feedback etc.

You can get your reviews to be reviewed by a peer or you can self review it for minor commits. The fact that it is built on top of Git makes it seamless for anyone considering to move to Gerrit. You can also try out the change and have tests run on your change before making it part of the Code base.

What do you dislike?

User Experience can be improved. Documentation is another area which can be improved.

Also moving to Gerrit initially can be little challenging. You need to integrate it with Git, setting up CI gates etc, can be tedious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a tool worth taking a look at. We have felt it better than github code reviews.

We use Gerrit for code checkin, reviews and static analysis. Gerrit allows us to hold the commit in the queue until it is reviewed. Gerrit helps us improve the code quality, share feedback and catch any errors before it impacts the repository. This helps us with Continous Integration and version control.

Gerrit review by User in Music
User in Music

Gerrit- Simplifying a Complicated World

What do you like best?

Gerrit allows master coders to get involved with one another work. It makes it possible to reviews commits before they are accepted by programs and projects. This helps customers to check their work with others and arrange for any chances that are necessary within their code. Once changes are made and help is traded, the work can be saved and looked back at for future coding problems.

What do you dislike?

Gerrit is often hard to understand at first due to the complexity of some coding problems. That being said there are many helpful tips that allow the user to figure out a solution if a problem is to occur.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order to fully understand Gerrit and the help it provides, the suer must me very familiarized with multiple coding programs and potential issues that arise.

Gerrit is a very fast and efficient way to solve coding issues without having to meet with an expert face to face. This program allows users to quickly find help and change what is necessary and move on the the rest of the code. They can also choose to accept or reject the change based on what they think it the correct solution.

Learning about Gerrit?

* We monitor all Gerrit reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.